Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Bridger the Mountain Man's Avatar Bridger the Mountain Man
12-19-2007, 10:20 AM

Any one into this concept? Here are a few links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11:11_%28numerology%29

http://www.crystalinks.com/11.11.html

The song has all the makings of a metaphysical connection. the activation of the door:

http://www.nvisible.com/

any connection?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Track Length is 11:11

Any one into this concept? Here are a few links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11:11_%28numerology%29

http://www.crystalinks.com/11.11.html

The song has all the makings of a metaphysical connection. the activation of the door:

http://www.nvisible.com/

any connection?
04-07-2009, 11:38 AM

I really don't know where I stand on these types of things anymore, but I think (without any evidence whatsoever) that numbers and synchronicities may have something to do with genetics and evolution if anything at all. You can look at these things from an Archetypal Perpective and say that certain collective "complexes" are manifesting themselves in our popular culture, and that they have a link to our DNA and in effect our consciousness, but Really these Ideas need a lot of research, a lot. I don't believe spirits are real in the objective sense,or that crystals and whatnot can really have any effect on anything other than belief. I do think that these coincidences are meaningful and that Rationalist Cynics will never give them any validity, ever. These persons are holding back research for fear that we might find something that scars their worldview. As Robert Anton Wilson says, "What the Thinker Thinks, the Prover Proves." Interesting.

Last edited by Negentropy; 04-07-2009 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 04-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 108
Re: Track Length is 11:11

I really don't know where I stand on these types of things anymore, but I think (without any evidence whatsoever) that numbers and synchronicities may have something to do with genetics and evolution if anything at all. You can look at these things from an Archetypal Perpective and say that certain collective "complexes" are manifesting themselves in our popular culture, and that they have a link to our DNA and in effect our consciousness, but Really these Ideas need a lot of research, a lot. I don't believe spirits are real in the objective sense,or that crystals and whatnot can really have any effect on anything other than belief. I do think that these coincidences are meaningful and that Rationalist Cynics will never give them any validity, ever. These persons are holding back research for fear that we might find something that scars their worldview. As Robert Anton Wilson says, "What the Thinker Thinks, the Prover Proves." Interesting.

Last edited by Negentropy; 04-07-2009 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: grammar
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
04-07-2009, 12:17 PM

Wikipedia? What is this strange and foreign site you've linked me to? It seems to be filled with wisdom and information, I'll be sure to bookmark this right away.

Thank you for joining these forums and blessing me with this educational tool. Pun intended.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Wikipedia? What is this strange and foreign site you've linked me to? It seems to be filled with wisdom and information, I'll be sure to bookmark this right away.

Thank you for joining these forums and blessing me with this educational tool. Pun intended.
04-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Nah
Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #4

Bincount™: 391

Nah
04-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=puns

no hard feelings
Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #5

Bincount™: 391

Quote:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=puns

no hard feelings
Negentropy
04-07-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.618 View Post
I thought this was humorous.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
Banned.

Quote:
I thought this was humorous.
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
04-07-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
That writer is simply mad. (pun intended.)
Old 04-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
ufopancakes's Avatar ufopancakes
04-07-2009, 05:15 PM

Again... the recurrances of 11:11, or 111 in my life are too many to ignore and to chop up to pure coincidence. I like what one guy said on youtube, he expressed the idea that there may be people using numerology to manipulate consiousness, and considering the quantum theories that suggest that people change thier reality by the way they percieve it, I suppose its possible.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

Again... the recurrances of 11:11, or 111 in my life are too many to ignore and to chop up to pure coincidence. I like what one guy said on youtube, he expressed the idea that there may be people using numerology to manipulate consiousness, and considering the quantum theories that suggest that people change thier reality by the way they percieve it, I suppose its possible.
04-07-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
I thought this was humorous too.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #9
Banned.

Quote:
I thought this was humorous too.
Negentropy
04-07-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post
What do you think about the Quantum theories? I'm not well versed in them, but if you could give a summary and a link or two it would help and we could discuss this. I think these ideas are very interesting.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
Banned.

Quote:
What do you think about the Quantum theories? I'm not well versed in them, but if you could give a summary and a link or two it would help and we could discuss this. I think these ideas are very interesting.
ufopancakes's Avatar ufopancakes
04-08-2009, 12:46 PM

I would suggest watching "What the Bleep do We know?". You can find it on google video for free, but I personally reccomend the 4 disk extended version. They go into much more detail in the experiments that made them arrive to current theory.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

I would suggest watching "What the Bleep do We know?". You can find it on google video for free, but I personally reccomend the 4 disk extended version. They go into much more detail in the experiments that made them arrive to current theory.
04-08-2009, 02:48 PM

I've seen the original, and have a base understanding of non-locality.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #12
Banned.

roscoe.etc's Avatar roscoe.etc
04-27-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negentropy View Post
I really don't know where I stand on these types of things anymore, but I think (without any evidence whatsoever) that numbers and synchronicities may have something to do with genetics and evolution if anything at all. You can look at these things from an Archetypal Perpective and say that certain collective "complexes" are manifesting themselves in our popular culture, and that they have a link to our DNA and in effect our consciousness, but Really these Ideas need a lot of research, a lot. I don't believe spirits are real in the objective sense,or that crystals and whatnot can really have any effect on anything other than belief. I do think that these coincidences are meaningful and that Rationalist Cynics will never give them any validity, ever.
<P>
^
Old 04-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I really don't know where I stand on these types of things anymore, but I think (without any evidence whatsoever) that numbers and synchronicities may have something to do with genetics and evolution if anything at all. You can look at these things from an Archetypal Perpective and say that certain collective "complexes" are manifesting themselves in our popular culture, and that they have a link to our DNA and in effect our consciousness, but Really these Ideas need a lot of research, a lot. I don't believe spirits are real in the objective sense,or that crystals and whatnot can really have any effect on anything other than belief. I do think that these coincidences are meaningful and that Rationalist Cynics will never give them any validity, ever.
<P>
^
Negentropy
04-27-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe.etc View Post
<P>
^
Phosphorus? Light-bringer, morning star, lucifer.

twenty-three isotopes of phosphorus are known
Phosphorus is a key element in all known forms of life
phosphors and phosphorescence were used loosely to describe substances that shine in the dark without burning

red, black and white phosphorus, are you suggesting alchemy and the philosophers stone?

White phosphorus is a white, waxy transparent solid. This allotrope is thermodynamically unstable at normal condition and will gradually change to red phosphorus. This transformation, which is accelerated by light and heat, makes white phosphorus almost always contain some red phosphorus and therefore appear yellow. For this reason, it is also called yellow phosphorus. It glows greenish in the dark (when exposed to oxygen), is highly flammable and pyrophoric (self-igniting) upon contact with air as well as toxic (causing severe liver damage on ingestion).

Could you be more clear please? this is a discussion board and not a place for more riddles, we are here to solve them. It's easy, you just start typing your thoughts and post them, simple.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #14
Banned.

Quote:
<P>
^
Phosphorus? Light-bringer, morning star, lucifer.

twenty-three isotopes of phosphorus are known
Phosphorus is a key element in all known forms of life
phosphors and phosphorescence were used loosely to describe substances that shine in the dark without burning

red, black and white phosphorus, are you suggesting alchemy and the philosophers stone?

White phosphorus is a white, waxy transparent solid. This allotrope is thermodynamically unstable at normal condition and will gradually change to red phosphorus. This transformation, which is accelerated by light and heat, makes white phosphorus almost always contain some red phosphorus and therefore appear yellow. For this reason, it is also called yellow phosphorus. It glows greenish in the dark (when exposed to oxygen), is highly flammable and pyrophoric (self-igniting) upon contact with air as well as toxic (causing severe liver damage on ingestion).

Could you be more clear please? this is a discussion board and not a place for more riddles, we are here to solve them. It's easy, you just start typing your thoughts and post them, simple.
Negentropy
04-27-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
<P>
^
Or are you calling me a pussy? in that case, you can keep trying to suck yourself off but we all know it's easier for you to put your head in your ass. on another note, just put your fist in your face and we'll call it a day.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #15
Banned.

Quote:
<P>
^
Or are you calling me a pussy? in that case, you can keep trying to suck yourself off but we all know it's easier for you to put your head in your ass. on another note, just put your fist in your face and we'll call it a day.
Negentropy
04-27-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
In other words, your_noose, say something about the subject instead of suggesting I watch videos, and I'll do the research necessary to discuss these things if I can't keep up.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #16
Banned.

Quote:
In other words, your_noose, say something about the subject instead of suggesting I watch videos, and I'll do the research necessary to discuss these things if I can't keep up.
Negentropy
05-18-2009, 09:17 AM

goddamned right.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #17
Banned.

goddamned right.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
05-18-2009, 11:56 AM

Yeah, not too many people like that guy
Old 05-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #18
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Yeah, not too many people like that guy
08-24-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:

My timing is a bit off... I've been busy lately.

My take on Quantum Physics is much like Robert Anton Wilson's. In that, what makes the matter so confusing is the fact that we tend to forget that we are the ones who created our definitions and boundaries of particles and waves, and now its starting to overlap within subjectivity...

Other than that... Its interesting. Thats my take.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:10 AM   #19
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

My take on Quantum Physics is much like Robert Anton Wilson's. In that, what makes the matter so confusing is the fact that we tend to forget that we are the ones who created our definitions and boundaries of particles and waves, and now its starting to overlap within subjectivity...

11-29-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:

i like this guy ^
Old 11-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

i like this guy ^
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
11-29-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorHead View Post
i like this guy ^
I'm honored.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #21
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorHead View Post
i like this guy ^
I'm honored.
poudge's Avatar poudge
11-29-2009, 09:35 PM

lets all drop some acid ....check our watchs at ten past eleven...close our eyes,and wait and see what happes........

?10 on us all pissin ourselves laughing ....cause we're tripping balls
Old 11-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

lets all drop some acid ....check our watchs at ten past eleven...close our eyes,and wait and see what happes........

?10 on us all pissin ourselves laughing ....cause we're tripping balls
december333111
11-30-2009, 12:47 AM

the song does open up some kind of gateway, and at the point where it opens, the timing goes into 11/8, or is it 11/4... either way it's an 11
Old 11-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

the song does open up some kind of gateway, and at the point where it opens, the timing goes into 11/8, or is it 11/4... either way it's an 11
RayBourque777
12-24-2009, 12:49 AM

I didn't really know anything about this band other than the 2 hour loop songs (Sober, Aenima, Vicarious, The Pot, 46 & 2.....) until a few months ago when I saw an interview with some confused/scared 28 year old jerk-off that kinda had an idea what he was doing but really didn't have a clue what the hell he was doing which is kind of what I feel like right now.

The thing that almost confused me about this complicated band was how unbeleivably simple they were when I looked into them a little. My interpretations for some of their songs are so short that I am almost certain they are wrong, but at the same time I guess they can't be because of how this band works

1. Sober - Me is more important than we
2. Jerk-off - if this song does not put the fear of god into you nothing will
3. Eulogy - killing a part of yourself that needs to die
4. 46 & 2 - It's right there just go get it
5. Schism - I know the peices fit (duh)
6. Lateralus - the realization that history is going to repeat itself no matter how hard you try to learn from it in order to prevent such occurences - it's all about how you adapt to a different version of the same problems. Oh and the whole question everything/ ignore nothing thing
7. Rosetta Stoned - Something disguised by an alien abduction while under the influence of acid. "A message of hope for those who choose to hear it and a warning for those who do not" Looking into the length of this song too much can drive a weak mind mad so don't take the bait - take it for what it is, a gift to be applied only if the path has heart
Old 12-24-2009, 12:49 AM   #24
On Probation

I didn't really know anything about this band other than the 2 hour loop songs (Sober, Aenima, Vicarious, The Pot, 46 & 2.....) until a few months ago when I saw an interview with some confused/scared 28 year old jerk-off that kinda had an idea what he was doing but really didn't have a clue what the hell he was doing which is kind of what I feel like right now.

The thing that almost confused me about this complicated band was how unbeleivably simple they were when I looked into them a little. My interpretations for some of their songs are so short that I am almost certain they are wrong, but at the same time I guess they can't be because of how this band works

1. Sober - Me is more important than we
2. Jerk-off - if this song does not put the fear of god into you nothing will
3. Eulogy - killing a part of yourself that needs to die
4. 46 & 2 - It's right there just go get it
5. Schism - I know the peices fit (duh)
6. Lateralus - the realization that history is going to repeat itself no matter how hard you try to learn from it in order to prevent such occurences - it's all about how you adapt to a different version of the same problems. Oh and the whole question everything/ ignore nothing thing
7. Rosetta Stoned - Something disguised by an alien abduction while under the influence of acid. "A message of hope for those who choose to hear it and a warning for those who do not" Looking into the length of this song too much can drive a weak mind mad so don't take the bait - take it for what it is, a gift to be applied only if the path has heart
Negentropy
12-29-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:

4 months later I come back and you have responded, pardon my timing also. I tend to agree with RAW on his ideas regarding subjectivity and reality tunnels. Yes, we defined the definitions and built the instruments, and we have a tendency to project ourselves "out there" to see inside. I can see how Q. Physics is just going really far down the rabbit hole and getting caught up in some strange tangles that are just the product of our own minds. However, my question is,"Why are human beings doing this and seeing what they are seeing. E.O. Wilson thinks that our brain is the most complex thing in the known universe. You can find this in Consilience on page 96. I make the leap that Evolution is pushing us to see these things for some reason that I have yet to really think about and build an argument for.

Also, I looked back at my post a realized that I was under a lot stress back in Late April, early May. I had a severe ear infection that led to a ruptured eardrum (scary stuff for a musician) after having a severe sinus infection and had 2 incompletes in school that I didn't have enough time to complete. Also, I had just quit smoking so my infections would heal. I know that there was a bit of aggression behind my posts and would like to apologize.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #25
Banned.

Quote:

4 months later I come back and you have responded, pardon my timing also. I tend to agree with RAW on his ideas regarding subjectivity and reality tunnels. Yes, we defined the definitions and built the instruments, and we have a tendency to project ourselves "out there" to see inside. I can see how Q. Physics is just going really far down the rabbit hole and getting caught up in some strange tangles that are just the product of our own minds. However, my question is,"Why are human beings doing this and seeing what they are seeing. E.O. Wilson thinks that our brain is the most complex thing in the known universe. You can find this in Consilience on page 96. I make the leap that Evolution is pushing us to see these things for some reason that I have yet to really think about and build an argument for.

Also, I looked back at my post a realized that I was under a lot stress back in Late April, early May. I had a severe ear infection that led to a ruptured eardrum (scary stuff for a musician) after having a severe sinus infection and had 2 incompletes in school that I didn't have enough time to complete. Also, I had just quit smoking so my infections would heal. I know that there was a bit of aggression behind my posts and would like to apologize.
RayBourque777
01-07-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:

It's almost impossible to build an argument for. The only way I know how to explain it to friends family work etc.... is through Tool because it's so obvious that that's what they're talking about in a lot of songs Stinkfist, Parabol/a, Rosetta Stoned...., obviously, and rightfully in a way I suppose, they are skeptical. in a weird way I needed 30 seconds from Mars to explain a line from this song

"A message of hope for those who choose to hear it and a warning for those who do not"

In the video for King's and Queens Jared Leto of the "Film Actors Guild" is prancing around like a **** while about 1,111 retards are running around in the streets then everything stops for a second when one of them gets hit by a bike. It happens, people get hit by bikes, cars, drunks, driveby's, and lightning all the time... a warning for those who do not.

I've yet to find a source for the message of hope, unlikely I will unless I'm honest with myself for one reason or another, thanks puscifer

From 30sec2red
"We were the kings and queens of promise - we were the victims of ourselves - maybe the children of a lesser God - between heaven and hell"
Old 01-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #26
On Probation

Quote:

It's almost impossible to build an argument for. The only way I know how to explain it to friends family work etc.... is through Tool because it's so obvious that that's what they're talking about in a lot of songs Stinkfist, Parabol/a, Rosetta Stoned...., obviously, and rightfully in a way I suppose, they are skeptical. in a weird way I needed 30 seconds from Mars to explain a line from this song

"A message of hope for those who choose to hear it and a warning for those who do not"

In the video for King's and Queens Jared Leto of the "Film Actors Guild" is prancing around like a **** while about 1,111 retards are running around in the streets then everything stops for a second when one of them gets hit by a bike. It happens, people get hit by bikes, cars, drunks, driveby's, and lightning all the time... a warning for those who do not.

I've yet to find a source for the message of hope, unlikely I will unless I'm honest with myself for one reason or another, thanks puscifer

From 30sec2red
"We were the kings and queens of promise - we were the victims of ourselves - maybe the children of a lesser God - between heaven and hell"
Negentropy
01-09-2010, 02:30 PM

I think that we may be coming full circle to be caretakers of earth instead of Mother Rapers. We need this complex brain to figure out how we can do that is my hope.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #27
Banned.

I think that we may be coming full circle to be caretakers of earth instead of Mother Rapers. We need this complex brain to figure out how we can do that is my hope.
roscoe.etc's Avatar roscoe.etc
01-26-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
What is your problem Negentropy?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
What is your problem Negentropy?
RayBourque777
01-30-2010, 11:07 PM

I'm pretty sure the transition of music at 1:11/1:12 of this song is intentional.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #29
On Probation

I'm pretty sure the transition of music at 1:11/1:12 of this song is intentional.
TOD
02-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBourque777 View Post
yes, the hit is on time with the clock and the second hand "hits" form another syncopation with in the overall rhythmic flow, perhaps this is the occult rhythm, and we should be paying more attention to the silent aspects of the message instead of the recycled riffs.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #30
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBourque777 View Post
yes, the hit is on time with the clock and the second hand "hits" form another syncopation with in the overall rhythmic flow, perhaps this is the occult rhythm, and we should be paying more attention to the silent aspects of the message instead of the recycled riffs.
Bassinyaface
07-25-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I would Only like to point out, and I'm not a doctor or anything, but if he has the astounding flexibility to have his head inside of his ass, but he would also have the flexibility to suck himself off, actually with much more ease. Additionally, by suggesting that he continue to try to suck himself, it would seem that you had previously offered your services in this area....
Old 07-25-2011, 06:23 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Location: 1138 Taco bell, dimension 9, Boca III, Globdor Nebua, 11235853

Quote:
I would Only like to point out, and I'm not a doctor or anything, but if he has the astounding flexibility to have his head inside of his ass, but he would also have the flexibility to suck himself off, actually with much more ease. Additionally, by suggesting that he continue to try to suck himself, it would seem that you had previously offered your services in this area....
israfelwater
11-03-2011, 05:45 PM

You know, this day is coming up. Parallel universe released and shit. 11-11-11, where will you be at 11:11 OMG the clocks have all gone made, they are all making ones.

One and one our one, eleven so glow

I for one will be taking the day off.

maybe I'll head back home (;
Old 11-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

You know, this day is coming up. Parallel universe released and shit. 11-11-11, where will you be at 11:11 OMG the clocks have all gone made, they are all making ones.

One and one our one, eleven so glow

I for one will be taking the day off.

maybe I'll head back home (;
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
11-03-2011, 06:08 PM

it's too late to be discovering the internet for the first time, pal.
winking eyes and a frowning hat ...says it all right? haha.

and now you've only a week to think about it.
how does one plan out a day for synchronicity?

holy shit, we're all right now realizing that it's 11/11, like not the hour:minute but the month:and-a-truncated-year! like an angel tapping our collective's one shoulder. however it happens, i'm gonna try to feel overwhelmed by this truth. vulnerable to the universe... no ... multiverse.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 11-03-2011 at 06:16 PM..
Old 11-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #33
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

it's too late to be discovering the internet for the first time, pal.
winking eyes and a frowning hat ...says it all right? haha.

and now you've only a week to think about it.
how does one plan out a day for synchronicity?

holy shit, we're all right now realizing that it's 11/11, like not the hour:minute but the month:and-a-truncated-year! like an angel tapping our collective's one shoulder. however it happens, i'm gonna try to feel overwhelmed by this truth. vulnerable to the universe... no ... multiverse.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 11-03-2011 at 06:16 PM..
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
11-03-2011, 06:20 PM

veteren's day, pushed aside once again.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #34
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

veteren's day, pushed aside once again.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply