opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 11-10-2007, 10:19 PM   #641
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tour complaints -- brokers, scalping, etc. (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut's Parents View Post
The problem with online brokers, I have, is that they use this program, like a virus, to suck up all the newly sold tickets to all and any concert and/or event the second they go on sale. Not allowing the fans to buy the good seats at the time they are put on sale. Same as the Hannan Monanta shit that spread the headline news.
I got tickets for TOOL in Tulsa, Floor Seat, SEC A, Row S, for face value, and some online broker is selling the same tickets for 250 each, that's fucking stupid. TOOL get only a percentage of what the face value sold. They get nothing from online broker sales. That all profit to them.
I was online the second they went on sale and still had to wait in an online waiting room. That was when the broker was sucking up tickets. When i got on, the best available was row 17.

I say give the fans a chance to buy good seats at face value. I don't want to pay 350 for front row seat to any show if i could have gotten them cheaper if it were fair.
Right on man! My buddy and I got on right when they went on sale as well and he pulled up a ticket in sec A I can not remember the row but it wasnt by any means close to front row. I pulled up sec D Row A seat 1 so I took it. Oh what was up with not knowing the sec. when we bought the tickets it just said "floor"? When I pulled up Sec Floor Row A Seat 1 I just about shit my pants thinking I got front row seats haha. Then later to find out i'm in D which I'm fine with, however, your right the brokers have the inside track...bullshit
5-11-07__5-19-07__ 6-22-07__11-16-07__ 11-19-07__7-25-09__6-23-10__1-21-12__3-24-14__3-25-14__10-31-15__1-14-16__1-16-16__1-17-16__10-28-16__5-30-17__5-19-19__11-03-19__02-01-20__01-30-2022__03-10-2022__03-17-2022
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:47 AM   #642
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
You are all fools. Brokers and scalpers aren't what make the tickets so expensive. As a matter of fact, without a good number of scalpers and brokers, it would be much MUCH harder to even come across tickets to TOOL at a reasonable price. Think about it, the more scalpers there are, the more SUPPLIERS. The price doesn't raise because there are more suppliers, the price raises because of the DEMAND. Thanks to scalpers, they have to compete with one another to sell them for the cheapest, as opposed to there being only one ticket supplier with a monopoly over the entire ticket sales industry, almost i.e. Ticket Master. Does no one see this? If there were no scalpers or brokers, all the tickets would immediately sell out anyway to all the loving fans, and then the other fans would be left out with no way of getting tickets except through someone they know, therefore decreasing the supply and the chances of going to the greatest show on Earth.

This may be the dumbest thing I've ever read. Finish reading Economics for Dummies before you post.

"Think about it, the more scalpers there are, the more SUPPLIERS. The price doesn't raise because there are more suppliers, the price raises because of the DEMAND."

Duh. The only real market for the tickets is people who want to attend the show. There's a finite amount of the commodity from the get-go, and scalpers and brokers enhance that by increasing scarcity, and reducing supply in the general market. Then they inflate the prices without contributing any new value whatsoever to meet the artificially enhanced demand.

Scalpers create artificial scarcity by hoarding the commodity, thereby artificially increasing demand. Just because their hoarding of the commodity enables them to then supply the commodity to meet the artificial, secondary demand (at inflated prices, without having added value), it does not follow that they're doing anyone any favors.

Last edited by Sprry75; 11-25-2007 at 09:49 AM..
Old 12-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #643
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

anyone know of any other cancellations on the current tour??
it seems as if missoula was cancelled, then the next few shows would postponed also?
maybe this question, should go in general tour questions?

Last edited by the white; 12-04-2007 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: wrong thread?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #644
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: The Gulch Jerome, Airport Mesa, Sedona. No longer Eugene, OR. Now Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn
Bincount™: 28

BMB Posted on toolband, second opener for tonights show and portland's as well. Looks like a go on those.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #645
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i need xanax

Last edited by the white; 12-05-2007 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: so
Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #646
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprry75 View Post
This may be the dumbest thing I've ever read. Finish reading Economics for Dummies before you post.

"Think about it, the more scalpers there are, the more SUPPLIERS. The price doesn't raise because there are more suppliers, the price raises because of the DEMAND."

Duh. The only real market for the tickets is people who want to attend the show. There's a finite amount of the commodity from the get-go, and scalpers and brokers enhance that by increasing scarcity, and reducing supply in the general market. Then they inflate the prices without contributing any new value whatsoever to meet the artificially enhanced demand.

Scalpers create artificial scarcity by hoarding the commodity, thereby artificially increasing demand. Just because their hoarding of the commodity enables them to then supply the commodity to meet the artificial, secondary demand (at inflated prices, without having added value), it does not follow that they're doing anyone any favors.
I totally I agree with you. The ONLY thing a Scalper is good for is getting really good seats. It is more possible to get great seats from a scalper than it is in the general market. I say that because in the general market the person who was lucky enough to get the great seats are not going to sell those seats while the scalper will.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #647
Level 1 - Lurker

hey everyone. it's my first post here but i am a very long time tool fan. and after reading some threads this seems like a cool environment in which to discuss tool.

i have thought long and hard over the way in which tickets sales are handled these days. specifically with tool, as tool tickets constitute nearly all of my highest costing concert tickets ever purchased. i have come up with an idea that keeps all interested parties of ticket sales in the picture other than some of the the scalpers for the better seats at concerts. i am not sure if there are any legal sanctions i may not know of but i think it is realistic with enough effort by the bands. the bands need to literally take control of chunks of good seats themselves. the bands that generally have the biggest scalping issues in terms of price are the more popular, usually extremely wealthy bands. bands of this nature could literally become one these online brokers and as a gesture of thanks to the fans could sell chunks of tickets they purchase to the fans at a price that has little or no additional fees added to the bands overall cost of those tickets.

i am curious to see what everyone thinks of this and whether there is some unforseen obstacle that i am missing that would prohibit this idea or one similar to it working in at least some small way.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:51 AM   #648
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 78

personally i think that would be a great idea.i was fortunate enough to get my ticks for van show in august 06 from ticketmaster $80 each.when they came back around on mini tour i was too late and had to get ticks on ebay,two ticks=$400,was glad to see them again but im far from wealthy and cant really afford that for a night out.your idea would let fans like me who need to TRAVEL in order to see more shows spend more on the travel part instead of the ticket part.
i mean, we are like catapillars, contemplating pupation. no longer will i chew on the cabbage leaves, no longer will i spend my time moving on the underside of the foliage! life must be a preparation for the transition to another dimension...
Old 07-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #649
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

i ended up getting tickets from stubhub...costed me around 430...plus i am bussing it from NYC to OH two people that is an extra 300 and a hotel for the night....the amount of money i am spending will not be wasted. Introducing the love of your life to her favorite band is indeed priceless.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #650
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbynoe View Post
i ended up getting tickets from stubhub...costed me around 430...plus i am bussing it from NYC to OH two people that is an extra 300 and a hotel for the night....the amount of money i am spending will not be wasted. Introducing the love of your life to her favorite band is indeed priceless.
That sucks really bad that you had to fork over money to scalpers. Hopefully you get a real good show enjoy it!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #651
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

i want a love of my life
Old 07-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #652
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
That sucks really bad that you had to fork over money to scalpers. Hopefully you get a real good show enjoy it!
especially since now that a lot of people are being disappointed in the shows and there seems to be a really large drop in price on ebay,at least for the shows I've looked at.There seems to be way less people bidding,and for much less.I'm watching a few shows auctions though to see what the final price is gonna be,might be more than I think,but I hope not,as I will maybe be able to afford to go to Charlotte too.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #653
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
yeah the scalping part sucks but i aint complaining since I really thought they were going to do a show closer that wasn't a festival. I held out for to long alas i really dont care about the set list issues, I saw them 6 times on the 10,000 days tour and it was just so beautiful that i cant wait to relive and experience it with such a significant person in my life.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #654
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: Brokers selling tix.,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
Not sure about other venues, but two venues I can think of locally, the Hollywood Bowl and the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, have subscription seats where the buyer gets tickets or at least rights to purchase tickets for ALL events. There is a good chance that the broker in question either a) owns the subscription to the seats and then re-sells at a premium, or b) purchases the seats from the subscriber through a third party and then re-sells them. I used to work for a ticket broker making deliveries and that's how it was explained to me.
I agree with this post. As far as i understand it local brokers have accounts with the venues and recieve pre-sale offers in bulk. chances are that they havent been purchased yet by the broker, but they know they will have them eventually so they are able put them online in advance. then "we" are forced to pay much more for the better seats. so either pout and pony up the coin or fight the power and sit in sec 480 row 30. argh. dbags.

Yes. Oiu. Si. Shit adds up at the Bottom
Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #655
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
i want a love of my life
Me too Hodgey, me too...
Old 07-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #656
Level 1 - Lurker

Before I go writing or calling Ticketmaster and the ATT center in San Antonio I thought I'd see if any of you guys had any thoughts on this.....

Tickets for recent Tool show in San Antonio went on sale exactly at 10am several weeks ago (I don't remember the exact date and it's not important). I logged into the venue's website exactly at 10am the first day of sale. I put in the required info for the site to find 6 tickets best seats available. It generated seats at half court mid way up. I thought what the hell??? I am on at the exact moment these tickets are going on sale and these are the best available??? Bought them anyway. A friend of mine needed 4 tickets but had no internet connection at the time. So, at 10:15 am I went through the same routine on the venue's website look for 4 best available seats. It found some way up in the balcony near the last row.

So, this would make one would assume that in 15 minutes the venue nearly sold out to the point that only cheap nose bleed seats were available.

Was there a pre-sale? Surely, they don't block off that many tickets for the online ticket brokers do they? Anyone else have this experience or an explanation? Thanks....
Old 07-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #657
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker View Post
Before I go writing or calling Ticketmaster and the ATT center in San Antonio I thought I'd see if any of you guys had any thoughts on this.....

Tickets for recent Tool show in San Antonio went on sale exactly at 10am several weeks ago (I don't remember the exact date and it's not important). I logged into the venue's website exactly at 10am the first day of sale. I put in the required info for the site to find 6 tickets best seats available. It generated seats at half court mid way up. I thought what the hell??? I am on at the exact moment these tickets are going on sale and these are the best available??? Bought them anyway. A friend of mine needed 4 tickets but had no internet connection at the time. So, at 10:15 am I went through the same routine on the venue's website look for 4 best available seats. It found some way up in the balcony near the last row.

So, this would make one would assume that in 15 minutes the venue nearly sold out to the point that only cheap nose bleed seats were available.

Was there a pre-sale? Surely, they don't block off that many tickets for the online ticket brokers do they? Anyone else have this experience or an explanation? Thanks....

i know they do that and another thing is tickets sell fast at smaller venues since anyone in the world with internet access can buy tickets from ticketmaster no matter what. so imagine a million tool fans trying to buy tickets for just one show, its gonna be havok trying to get a pair where you wish to sit..and brokers suck, they ruin alot of the shows in dallas, but good thing i got presale access to anyone show in the country(usa). i hope tmaster and livenation merge, that way they do what they did when ac.dc rolled around dallas, electronic ticketing, meaning you had to come up to the door with the id and cc used to purchase the tickets, therefore that made no tickets available to those scruny scalpers. hahahah
Old 07-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #658
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny214 View Post
i know they do that and another thing is tickets sell fast at smaller venues since anyone in the world with internet access can buy tickets from ticketmaster no matter what. so imagine a million tool fans trying to buy tickets for just one show, its gonna be havok trying to get a pair where you wish to sit..and brokers suck, they ruin alot of the shows in dallas, but good thing i got presale access to anyone show in the country(usa). i hope tmaster and livenation merge, that way they do what they did when ac.dc rolled around dallas, electronic ticketing, meaning you had to come up to the door with the id and cc used to purchase the tickets, therefore that made no tickets available to those scruny scalpers. hahahah
presale??? how did you get access to presale tickets for this tour?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:51 AM   #659
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker View Post
presale??? how did you get access to presale tickets for this tour?
are you serious? the tour is half over.... anyways, presales are a thing of the past...blair led us to believe there would be some for this tour but we got nothing.... and pomona doesnt count cuz that was through a radio station not the band... but if there are ever presales again, you will have to be a member of toolarmy
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
Old 08-04-2009, 06:41 AM   #660
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Dude on the radio here in Tampa just said "Should have some new Tool for you in October" after they played Ænema. Why must they bullshit me like this? :(
Old 11-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #661
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

interesting..... wonder what the bands reaction will be?
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
Old 05-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #662
Level 2 - Poster

Not sure where to find an answer to my question, and this place can be very labyrinthine, but any word on if this is all for the summer? Any talk of a second leg?

I am guessing most of us are in the "know," as in we're Tool fans and don't know shit about what they're up to! :-)
Old 05-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #663
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Old 05-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #664
Level 2 - Poster

Thanks brother!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #665
Level 2 - Poster

I got front 4 row tickets from ticketmaster for the NOLA show June 19 2010 for 75 a pop, but they were for sale @ 185+ the week before.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #666
Level 1 - Lurker

I tried to get tickets for the NOLA show on Ticketmaster and they were gone in 45 min. I was so pissed. Immediately searched other sites and found tickets that were just $75 going for $125 to over $200! There was NO way I was going to miss this show so, I ended up paying the $200 per ticket for floor row 10 seats. I don’t regret it at all but, it sucks that all of those sites are making a killing off of the real fans.

Dr. Dobbs: how in the hell did you get you tickets? I would like some advice for next tour. You must have been online right when they went on sale. I know some people who were online when they went on sale and still couldn’t get one though. You are so lucky!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #667

Bincount™: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSandra251 View Post
I tried to get tickets for the NOLA show on Ticketmaster and they were gone in 45 min. I was so pissed. Immediately searched other sites and found tickets that were just $75 going for $125 to over $200! There was NO way I was going to miss this show so, I ended up paying the $200 per ticket for floor row 10 seats. I don’t regret it at all but, it sucks that all of those sites are making a killing off of the real fans.

Dr. Dobbs: how in the hell did you get you tickets? I would like some advice for next tour. You must have been online right when they went on sale. I know some people who were online when they went on sale and still couldn’t get one though. You are so lucky!
yeah, ticketbasturd was no less of an asshole this year. i went to buy my houston ticket 30 MINUETS after they went on sale, and they kept trying to give me the shittiest seats in the venue. i went through seven shitty tickets before it gave me a decent seat. the same day one of my friends got tickets for her and 3 others and could only get the back section on the side. and of course, the scalper websites were loaded with primo seats. fast forward to the day of the concert. i convinced that there was no way in hell i was going to let him miss that show, so he went on the interweb ticket searching. minuets later, he pulls up seats better than mine on the ticket website!! they hold the best tickets and release them as the concert gets closer, causing the people who planned ahead and woke up to get shitty tickets, while the people who heard about it on the radio the day before get awesome seats.

we should burn down ticketmaster!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #668
Level 2 - Poster

Hopefully the mods won't think this is too off-topic, but enugh of us have gotten smacked up by TicketMaster over the years, especially for three, four, five or more Tool tours. Hopefully that will all end soon, today I received notice of a class action against TM for rape^H^H^H^Hcharging excessive fees.

http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/

I hope this is what they wanted.
I hope this is what they had in mind.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #669

Bincount™: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltaic View Post
Hopefully the mods won't think this is too off-topic, but enugh of us have gotten smacked up by TicketMaster over the years, especially for three, four, five or more Tool tours. Hopefully that will all end soon, today I received notice of a class action against TM for rape^H^H^H^Hcharging excessive fees.

http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/
reminds me of the $10 "convienence fee-tool" that came with my last ticket.

i hope they win, but honestly i don't see much happening.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:30 AM   #670
Level 1 - Lurker

Would really like tool to come back to Atlanta GA dying to see them
Old 12-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #671

Bincount™: 3

I neeeeeeeed a Reno ticket. Please let me know if you can hook it up!
Also, why the fuck are they doing a tour right now anyway? Did the banks turn Down their production finance application?
Old 12-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #672
Level 4 - Thinker

This will be my 11th and 12th Tool show fuckers. I Have bought tickets in advance 3 times (1 was Coachella 06). Chill the fuck out. It has been 5 years since they put out an album. The casual radio fan won't be attending this time around. Have some faith in your fellow Tool fans, and karma will take care of you.
7/8/97 Mansfield,MA Lollapalooza, 9/21/01 Mansfield, MA, 9/22/01 Hartford, CT, 8/16/02 Boston, MA, 8/17/02 Prov, RI, 8/20/02 New Haven, CT, 4/30/06 Coachella, 7/12/07 Mansfield, MA, 7/14/07 Portland, ME, 8/02/09 Manchester, NH, 01/28/12 Boston, MA
Old 12-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #673
Level 4 - Thinker

Old 01-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #674
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_yeti View Post
Thanks, interesting site, never heard of it til now..... anyone use this before, looks handy? Those ticket sites I always felt weary about ordering off of, well, except StubHub, and I notice Gruvr uses 4 ticket sites as their source and wonder why Stub Hub isn't one of them? I only heard of 1 of those 4 sites (TicketsNow)
Old 02-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #675
Level 3 - Talker

My biggest TOOL tour complaint is that California didn't even get a fucking spring 2012 tour date when they're finally throwing in some fucking songs that I would like to hear fucking live again...HWAP, Pushit, Parabola...

But we get fucking Puscifer dates...

Thanks a heap TOOL. And anyone that criticizes me for complaining about this that did get a spring 2012 tour date can go fuck their moms.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #676
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoremoans View Post
My biggest TOOL tour complaint is that California didn't even get a fucking spring 2012 tour date when they're finally throwing in some fucking songs that I would like to hear fucking live again...HWAP, Pushit, Parabola...

But we get fucking Puscifer dates...

Thanks a heap TOOL. And anyone that criticizes me for complaining about this that did get a spring 2012 tour date can go fuck their moms.
I guess you should have gone to Vegas or Reno
Old 02-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #677
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
I guess you should have gone to Vegas or Reno
Uh..how about TOOL throwing their home state ONE tour date?
Old 02-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #678
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoremoans View Post
Uh..how about TOOL throwing their home state ONE tour date?
LA get thrown a bone every tour. I doubt you'll get much sympathy...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: