opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Forum Feedback » Feedback
User Name
Password
Old 08-07-2003, 05:07 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6
*ding, lightbulb*

I have an idea. Since I have been here I have seen TDN go from bad to worse. And it’s all because we have a bunch of shitty members here. And that’s no one but the shitty peoples fault, so don’t beat yourself up over it. But I do have a plan that may help thin out anymore-shitty people. Instead of just being able to sign up here with no questions asked I think they should have to send in an application with all their information on it. Some questions about themselves. And a nice note telling why they would like to be a part of TDN. Maybe even a picture. Now this application would be posted somewhere on the site and members would be able to vote on the person. For or against them being a part of TDN. Once they have reached a certain ratio of for’s and against’s they will then be allowed like a week or 2 temporary membership. Once that time frame is up they will go back to the jury and the members of the site will decide if the person is a good person to have on TDN. Not someone wasting space with stupidity. And if a certain ratio is again met then the person will become a full time member of TDN.
Now I know this may require a lot of work for you guy’s but I think it will be for the better of TDN. If you decide to do this and end up needing any help with it feel free to ask me. I would be more than willing to help.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 02:46 AM   #2
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029
Well, it seems like a good idea.
But did you ever imagine how much work this is gonna cost.
The 2 weeks temporary membership is also a problem, because as we know, there are people who are here for a couple of MONTHS without posting.
Which means that if you got this 2 weeks temporary membership, you just don't have to post anything (but then again, if I look at all the poeple here, I think we would vote against him to safe spaces or shit like that).

Though I still think this is a good idea, I don't think it will ever happen.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 08:31 AM   #3
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962
as good an idea as ethnic/racial/asshole cleansing sounds, i don't think that'd be good for the site.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: