opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Salival » 3. Pushit
User Name
Password
Old 08-01-2003, 12:18 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Visions brought on by this song

When I first got Salival I was so excited I opened the shipping box and plopped it right in the cd player, nevermind the tape, I wanted music that I hadn't heard yet.

When it got to Pushit I had strange feeling, when Maynard said to get "Comfortable, yet vulnerable" I paused the cd player, turned off all the lights, and got in a position. I pressed the play button on the remote and here is what I saw when I closed my eyes.

I first saw a desert with dead, dry trees planted over this baren wasteland. The sky was in an eternal state of dusk and eventually a stone monument materialized in the middle of this serene, yet somewhat disturbing landscape.

The stone monument had a circular base with about four or five steps leading up to the center. In the center were three stone rings hovering, one ring bigger than all and the two progressively smaller. They all began to rotate and a ball of blue energy began to appear, blurry yet clear, white in the very center and becoming bluer as it went out.

The energy began to grow and I watched it encircle the monument until the monument was no more. I then saw a vision of the baren planet as it was slowly consumed by the ball of energy.

Before this could finish my vision cut to me sitting at a desk in an 1800's style cabin writing at a desk with candlelight. I began to focus in on myself and I saw a mirror on the wooden desk. A black gloved hand grabbed the back of my head and began to push me into the small mirror. Ironically "Push me somewhere don't wanna be".

I then cut to my own bedroom, mirrors on the closet. It was dark, darker than the room was when I had last opened my eyes and seen the room. I flew through the mirror and made my way over to a vacant corner, sobbing.

I grabbed my head and it appeared as if I was in excruciating pain. I looked up and there was a mark on my head. The mark was that of two arrows pointing down with a diamond above them and it was the same color blue that was on the fringes of the energy ball mentioned earlier.

As the pain began to climax (as I saw it) my body exploded into rays of blue. They went into seperate directions but then flew up and united into one ray. They shot into space which was slowly being consumed by this ball. The ray shot into the energy and destroyed it.

There was blackness for a few moments and then it once again cut to the cabin, where I walked into the same room from a door in the back, looked in, and smiled.

So this post is mostly to ask a few of you to try that, get in a comfortable and vulnerable position, listen to this soundscape, and let your mind go. If you get something weird, like this creepy vision, post it. If you already have, post it. If you would like me to post my other vision that I had to this song, ask, I will gladly do it. Thanks guys.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:32 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: Visions brought on by this song

jeez I never tried that, as powerfull as Tool is though I will go take a listen.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:47 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

lnteresting story. l've meditated to Salival version of Pushit and Third eye before.
Fade away, fade away, like any other day.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:51 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

This is the only song which has truly moved me. While other songs have appealed to my emotions this song is beyond anything else I have ever heard.

I dont particularly care what it really means all that is important is what it means in my own construction of it, and everytime I listen to it I have different images in my head which are shaped by the song.

This song will improve your quality of life!

Listen to this song with a blank mind, full mind, whatever it will do something to you.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:32 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

I dont know if it is a vision but i had a particular feeling when i heard Pushit. I was at a party and someone put Salival on. My freind grabbed me from out side and we went into the room where the CD player was.

There were only 5 of us in the room @ the time, and for some reason we stood in a circle. all through the song we didnt move except sway. the more and more the song progressed, i began to see the auras of all my freinds increase from their normal faint colours to a bright blue. i looked at my hand and i had an eye superimposed on my palm just like Tricky in Parabol/Parabola.

We were all completely open and our heart chakras were interconected.

When the song finished, we all embraced and from that point on we have been closer than ever, like we now share a bond that cant be broken.

To anyone who doubts, there were no drugs involved
Old 08-19-2004, 11:41 AM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

No doubts eco :)

This is one of the few songs from the ONLY band that can completely stop my life in its tracks, make me sit back and take it in. My drug days are long over, but i know the impact this song still has on me. It can take however you are feeling and amplify it, a thousand time over. I can just imagine listening to it with your friends tore down any barriers you might have had, and you more than likely saw each other in a light in which you never have before. Only a handful of people in this world are lucky enough to say that they have experienced such an event.

"Take care not to me enter"
"cause if I do we both may dissapear".

Andvari

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: