opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 10-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
I really need relationship help (long read, sad story)

Sorry if I'm wasting everybody's time. I'm really depressed, and I just didn't know where else to go. This isn't something I have the courage to talk to my family about yet. It was very very unexpected. Basically, my fiancée has been extremely dishonest with me ever since our relationship began roughly three years ago, and it all finally became clear to me this morning. Here are the essentials of the story...

We'll just refer to my now ex-fiancée as "Jane." Jane has always told me she is extremely religious, which is great, because I consider religion an important criterion for who I date. It was for this reason she said she wanted to wait until we were married to have sex. I was fine with this too, because she was important enough to me to put that off.

However, it wasn't just that. She refused to ever let me sleep in the same bed with her or see her without her clothes on, even in a bathing suit. Some of you might think I'm stupid, but I said fine to this as well. She works out all the time, and I wasn't really worried about what her body would look like. But the real twist came when I was at her apartment one day, and I saw hair on her shower floor, and around her sink. It was then she told me that she had breast cancer, and had been undergoing chemotherapy once a week. She hadn't informed me before because she was worried I would quit dating her.

Needless to say, this was a huge shock to me, and I put a lot of thought into my decision to continue the relationship. I finally agreed when she told me it had gone into remission, even though it could return at any time. From this point on, I respected her much more, and I understood why she was so self-conscious. A month after she told me her cancer was in remission, I walked into her apartment and heard what sounded like her throwing up in her bathroom. When I tried to open the door, she viciously yelled at me not to come in. When she finally came out, she was just putting some clothes on and looked very pale...literally like they had no blood left, but apparently she had not thrown up. This happened on a couple of different occasions, and I became extremely worried about her, but didn't have time to really sit down and discuss it with her.

A few days ago, she went camping at the lake with a couple of her friends from church, and I had to stay home and work on a midterm paper, which due in a couple of days actually. I decided to take her parents out to dinner and tell them how concerned I was about their daughter. We had been talking for a while, when I finally asked how long their daughter had had cancer. They looked extremely surprised, and thought I was crazy. Her dad said (and I quote) "What the hell are you smoking?" This really pissed me off, because I was supposed to be marrying this girl in several months. You guys know what it's like when you fall for a girl like that...you will overlook lots of things, maybe even some you shouldn't, because you love her and want to make it work. We finished dinner mostly in silence, and I went home and prayed for a full 2 hours...I believe God has a plan for everyone and everything, and that nothing happens without a reason.

After praying about it, I decided to confront her as soon as she got home. I wanted complete honest between the two of us. You can't have anything less if you're going to make a marriage work, in my opinion. She got back last night, so I went to her apartment this morning. Once again, she sounded like she was throwing up, and coughing her lungs out in her bathroom. When I knocked, she didn't respond. I had been through too much and I wanted to know what was really going on, so I undid the lock of her sliding door from the outside and walked in. When I saw her, I wanted to run...

I caught her red-handed, putting on the skin of what I had thought was my fiancée. She was actually a BEAR…like, a real bear from the forest. I HAD BEEN DATING A ****ING BEAR!!! She growled fiercely at me and showed her claws and fangs. I ran out, heartbroken. Before I slammed the door, I heard her roar, "IT"S OVER!!"
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198
Re: I really need relationship help (long read, sad story)

yeah man, some chicks really hit puberty hard.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962

This might be the best contribution to the writing forum that tdn has ever seen, nice job.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #4

Bincount™: 7676

She's a bear... phew, so you're not religious.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

nice work! interesting detail made me think it was real. yeah cept for the religious part!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
On Probation

Bincount™: 5981

i think dans right
Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #7

Bincount™: 35

Dammit, at some point I did feel sorry for you...
But how would you find a bear wedding dress?
Old 10-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

I was compelled to reach every sentence.
This was a great read.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #9
reddish v3.0

Bincount™: 169

My condolences.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #10
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553

i totally thought you were about to marry a man.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #11

Oh, this made me chuckle. :)
Old 11-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #12
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

i could have sworn that i've heard this story before
Old 11-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #13
Banned.

Bincount™: 3

I actually thought she was bulemic....until I got to the end and found out it was just hairballs.
Old 04-22-2021, 11:26 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Hey, man, hope you're feeling okay. To help you with relationships in the future, I can share some links to the best cougar dating sites that will allow you to chat with hot cougars online. It's a fun way to relax after a bad relationship and a good opportunity to find a new healthy one, in my opinion.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:24 PM   #15
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

Hey, man, nice shot. Um, that was 11 years ago...

//coughs up hairball

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: