Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-08-2007, 01:09 AM

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Nov 16 Houston, TX Toyota Center

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
thestructure46and2
11-14-2007, 09:47 PM

set list to come....top three Tool shows i've ever seen...oh yeah, they played fucking Flood
Old 11-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 14 Austin, TX Frank Erwin Center

set list to come....top three Tool shows i've ever seen...oh yeah, they played fucking Flood
OFFLINE |  
CaseLogic
11-14-2007, 09:49 PM

-Jambi
-Stinkfist (extended OTRM)
-Forty six and Two
-Rosetta Stoned (no Lost Keys intro)
-Schism (w/ double-timed bridge)
-Flood
-Wings (both parts)
-Lateralus w/ a breakdown in the middle featuring TERRY BOZZIO (one of the top percussionists in the world for those who don't know).
-Vicarious

Overall, it was the best 10K days tour I've been to. The mixing was great (I was seated right next to the sound guys, though), and I could actually hear Maynard for a change. He did a good job tonight. They played with a lot of energy. Glad I went! My only complaint was that it's basically the same setlist as usual, with Flood instead of RIT (although I've already heard RIT live so Flood was sweet). They left off Aenema at the end, but at least they played Vicarious. Also, my only other complaint is that they did not do a good job mic'ing Bozzio, as you couldn't hear a lot of his playing except for the higher-tuned drums. Overall, A concert for sure

Last edited by CaseLogic; 11-14-2007 at 11:20 PM..
Old 11-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

-Jambi
-Stinkfist (extended OTRM)
-Forty six and Two
-Rosetta Stoned (no Lost Keys intro)
-Schism (w/ double-timed bridge)
-Flood
-Wings (both parts)
-Lateralus w/ a breakdown in the middle featuring TERRY BOZZIO (one of the top percussionists in the world for those who don't know).
-Vicarious

Overall, it was the best 10K days tour I've been to. The mixing was great (I was seated right next to the sound guys, though), and I could actually hear Maynard for a change. He did a good job tonight. They played with a lot of energy. Glad I went! My only complaint was that it's basically the same setlist as usual, with Flood instead of RIT (although I've already heard RIT live so Flood was sweet). They left off Aenema at the end, but at least they played Vicarious. Also, my only other complaint is that they did not do a good job mic'ing Bozzio, as you couldn't hear a lot of his playing except for the higher-tuned drums. Overall, A concert for sure

Last edited by CaseLogic; 11-14-2007 at 11:20 PM..
OFFLINE |  
CaseLogic
11-14-2007, 09:54 PM

Oh and the opener was TransAm, which I actually enjoyed. They played only a handful of songs, all experimental rock-ish.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Oh and the opener was TransAm, which I actually enjoyed. They played only a handful of songs, all experimental rock-ish.
OFFLINE |  
parabolaus
11-14-2007, 10:13 PM

This was my second Tool show and it was a hell of a lot better than the San Antonio show in May.

The boys were on point tonight and Maynard was pretty talkative. He said, "Go get all the corn dogs and condoms you can eat. " Overall, I think they could feel the energy coming off of the crowd... everyone was very stoned.

This may seem like an odd point but the security was very relaxed and they did not seem to cause any problems for anyone that I could see.

My seats were a hell of a lot better than the San Antonio show as well, I was stage left, in the corner 10 rows from the floor and I had a perfect view of the whole band. The laser show was a bit different tonight.

It was nice hearing Flood and and Vicarious as they did not play it for us in San Antonio. It seems this may be the last leg of the tour for a few years so I am glad I was able to see them twice on this tour.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

This was my second Tool show and it was a hell of a lot better than the San Antonio show in May.

The boys were on point tonight and Maynard was pretty talkative. He said, "Go get all the corn dogs and condoms you can eat. " Overall, I think they could feel the energy coming off of the crowd... everyone was very stoned.

This may seem like an odd point but the security was very relaxed and they did not seem to cause any problems for anyone that I could see.

My seats were a hell of a lot better than the San Antonio show as well, I was stage left, in the corner 10 rows from the floor and I had a perfect view of the whole band. The laser show was a bit different tonight.

It was nice hearing Flood and and Vicarious as they did not play it for us in San Antonio. It seems this may be the last leg of the tour for a few years so I am glad I was able to see them twice on this tour.
OFFLINE |  
Khadgar346's Avatar Khadgar346
11-14-2007, 10:35 PM

The boys back in Austin and its been 5 years. Great show of course, and I had killer seats. Seation 5 row 5, dead center floor with really cool people all around me. The band had a lot of energy and the crowd seemed to feed off of it. Maynard seemed to enjoy the lack of flash cams and looked at the audience most of the time. Terry Bozzio came out for the drum off during lateralus and Maynard had the score cards out for that, of course giving Terry the better score. The micing on Terry's drums could have been better, it was rather hard to hear him. Terry is a local here in Austin so of course the band invited him on stage while they had the chance. The last Austin show back in 2002 Bozzio came out and played with Danny on Triad. His son his a huge fan as well.

Over all the setlist was the same as the last San Antone show back in the summer but instead of Right in Two they played Vicarious (no preview of the DVD music video BTW) Flood was a nice extra as well! They played it in Austin back in 2002 but they skipped the long intro, this time around we got the full version.

I love the set, but do they really need to play an interlude into Wings which is a longer interlude into 10k days? That alone ate up 30min of the show which I would have loved to hear a few other songs.

This "mini tour" seems to be no different than the rest of the 10k days tour if people are interested. I'm hitting the road tomorrow night for the Houston gig, lets hope we get one or two new songs for this show. They owe so much to Houston from the last time around (Maynard's voice dyed out) I know I'm not the only Austinite making this trek!

ps. congrats to the fan who caught Danny's drum head in section 6, row 7-8? I was inches away from grabbing it but was too short. Next time I will think to jump from my chair ;)

Last edited by Khadgar346; 11-15-2007 at 09:08 AM..
Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 PM   #6
On Probation

Bincount™: 12

The boys back in Austin and its been 5 years. Great show of course, and I had killer seats. Seation 5 row 5, dead center floor with really cool people all around me. The band had a lot of energy and the crowd seemed to feed off of it. Maynard seemed to enjoy the lack of flash cams and looked at the audience most of the time. Terry Bozzio came out for the drum off during lateralus and Maynard had the score cards out for that, of course giving Terry the better score. The micing on Terry's drums could have been better, it was rather hard to hear him. Terry is a local here in Austin so of course the band invited him on stage while they had the chance. The last Austin show back in 2002 Bozzio came out and played with Danny on Triad. His son his a huge fan as well.

Over all the setlist was the same as the last San Antone show back in the summer but instead of Right in Two they played Vicarious (no preview of the DVD music video BTW) Flood was a nice extra as well! They played it in Austin back in 2002 but they skipped the long intro, this time around we got the full version.

I love the set, but do they really need to play an interlude into Wings which is a longer interlude into 10k days? That alone ate up 30min of the show which I would have loved to hear a few other songs.

This "mini tour" seems to be no different than the rest of the 10k days tour if people are interested. I'm hitting the road tomorrow night for the Houston gig, lets hope we get one or two new songs for this show. They owe so much to Houston from the last time around (Maynard's voice dyed out) I know I'm not the only Austinite making this trek!

ps. congrats to the fan who caught Danny's drum head in section 6, row 7-8? I was inches away from grabbing it but was too short. Next time I will think to jump from my chair ;)

Last edited by Khadgar346; 11-15-2007 at 09:08 AM..
OFFLINE |  
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
11-14-2007, 11:18 PM

Good show. Set list above is correct. As he mentioned, Lateralus included an INCREDIBLE extended jam with Danny and Terry Bozzio. For you percussion types out there, that's two of the five or ten best drummers in the entire world on stage together. Truly a great experience.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Good show. Set list above is correct. As he mentioned, Lateralus included an INCREDIBLE extended jam with Danny and Terry Bozzio. For you percussion types out there, that's two of the five or ten best drummers in the entire world on stage together. Truly a great experience.
OFFLINE |  
djaffer
11-15-2007, 12:22 AM

I went and i just thought that Maynard didnt mingle much with the rest of the band on the stage at the end. And Maynard walked off 30 secs before the rest of the band. Is he sort of slowly breaking away from the rest of the band or am i just being paranoid?
Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

I went and i just thought that Maynard didnt mingle much with the rest of the band on the stage at the end. And Maynard walked off 30 secs before the rest of the band. Is he sort of slowly breaking away from the rest of the band or am i just being paranoid?
OFFLINE |  
FlpFlpsnsox
11-15-2007, 05:50 AM

Definately a great show by the band, but I'd have to put it dead last out of the five times I've seen them on the 10,000 days tour. That's not really fair since I saw them at awesome venues like the Gorge and the Pearl but the Frank Erwin Center of course wasn't that great. The lasers had to fill too big of a space and the sound was loud but not the best. Someone else already mentioned that you couldn't hear the other drummer during Lateralus which was true. Made that whole drum off thing kinda boring since you couldn't hardly hear him. The fans around me were f*ing lame. There was a dad with two 9 year old kids that were nearly asleep after about four songs and a bunch of chubbies that were sitting down half the time and I don't think knew a single word to any of the songs. Maybe I was just unlucky with me neighbors but the fans were pretty lame. Flood was great. I hadn't heard that live. I haven't heard Right In Two so of course I was hoping for that and since they played Pushit a few times on the previous leg of the tour I was crossing my fingures but wasn't surprised they didn't play it. Like I said, the band was awesome. They put on a great show. You always want 10 more songs and changing up the set list a bit more would be nice but it's TOOL so I can't really complain.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:50 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Definately a great show by the band, but I'd have to put it dead last out of the five times I've seen them on the 10,000 days tour. That's not really fair since I saw them at awesome venues like the Gorge and the Pearl but the Frank Erwin Center of course wasn't that great. The lasers had to fill too big of a space and the sound was loud but not the best. Someone else already mentioned that you couldn't hear the other drummer during Lateralus which was true. Made that whole drum off thing kinda boring since you couldn't hardly hear him. The fans around me were f*ing lame. There was a dad with two 9 year old kids that were nearly asleep after about four songs and a bunch of chubbies that were sitting down half the time and I don't think knew a single word to any of the songs. Maybe I was just unlucky with me neighbors but the fans were pretty lame. Flood was great. I hadn't heard that live. I haven't heard Right In Two so of course I was hoping for that and since they played Pushit a few times on the previous leg of the tour I was crossing my fingures but wasn't surprised they didn't play it. Like I said, the band was awesome. They put on a great show. You always want 10 more songs and changing up the set list a bit more would be nice but it's TOOL so I can't really complain.
OFFLINE |  
Toolfan91's Avatar Toolfan91
11-15-2007, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaffer View Post
I've been feeling that way for awhile now,he just doesn't seem that much into it anymore
Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
I've been feeling that way for awhile now,he just doesn't seem that much into it anymore
OFFLINE |  
DNice
11-15-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't take it as that. The way I see it is that Maynard gets most of the credit from most people. So he walks off the stage early to let Adam, Justin and Danny get some love from the crowd that they richly deserve.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
I wouldn't take it as that. The way I see it is that Maynard gets most of the credit from most people. So he walks off the stage early to let Adam, Justin and Danny get some love from the crowd that they richly deserve.
OFFLINE |  
semi-sentient's Avatar semi-sentient
11-15-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar346 View Post
That was Section 2, Row 8. I was one of the ones battling for it. ;) But yeah, congrats to that dude. There were like 3 of us that all caught it at the same time and the guy who ended up with it just had the best grasp.

As for the show, it was pretty amazing. I'd say 3rd best Tool show that I've been to, and definitely better than the San Antonio show in May -- as far as their performance goes. They definitely could have added another song by cutting down on some of the extended versions. I figure if they played the normal version of Schism and shorten the extended Lateralus (by a couple of minutes), then that leaves room for another track, such as Pushit or something.

PS: Thank you, Tool, for not playing The Pot.

Last edited by semi-sentient; 11-15-2007 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: Because.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar346 View Post
That was Section 2, Row 8. I was one of the ones battling for it. ;) But yeah, congrats to that dude. There were like 3 of us that all caught it at the same time and the guy who ended up with it just had the best grasp.

As for the show, it was pretty amazing. I'd say 3rd best Tool show that I've been to, and definitely better than the San Antonio show in May -- as far as their performance goes. They definitely could have added another song by cutting down on some of the extended versions. I figure if they played the normal version of Schism and shorten the extended Lateralus (by a couple of minutes), then that leaves room for another track, such as Pushit or something.

PS: Thank you, Tool, for not playing The Pot.

Last edited by semi-sentient; 11-15-2007 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: Because.
OFFLINE |  
Beeej
11-15-2007, 09:16 AM

I hadn't seen Tool since the last time they were in Austin (5 years ago). I had forgotten how amazing their shows really are. The video/music experience is something unparallelled, and I will definitely not miss them on the next go-round.

Flood was awesome as well as the extended version of 10,000 days. I was in Section 48, Row 28 and the view from that area was great. You definitely want to be elevated to see the projections on the bottom of the stage.

For me definitely the best show of the year!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Nov 14 Austin, TX Frank Erwin Center

I hadn't seen Tool since the last time they were in Austin (5 years ago). I had forgotten how amazing their shows really are. The video/music experience is something unparallelled, and I will definitely not miss them on the next go-round.

Flood was awesome as well as the extended version of 10,000 days. I was in Section 48, Row 28 and the view from that area was great. You definitely want to be elevated to see the projections on the bottom of the stage.

For me definitely the best show of the year!
OFFLINE |  
merrick's Avatar merrick
11-16-2007, 09:55 PM

The show was amazing! Oh yes they played 46&2!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 48
Re: Nov 16 Houston, TX Toyota Center

The show was amazing! Oh yes they played 46&2!
OFFLINE |  
Khadgar346's Avatar Khadgar346
11-16-2007, 09:56 PM

Setlist

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46 & 2
Schism (w/ double-time section)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
(Intermission)
Wings
10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)
Lateralus (With drummer from trans am)
Vicarious

Great show once again, played the same set as they did in Austin. The Toyota Center is not too bad, but its too big for my taste. I had amazing seats, right on the side stage and had a close up view of everything going on. I'll post some pictures up later on.

I heard Maynard say durring the drum off in Lateralus "Buzz come out on stage you fucking pussy"

I bought a nice gig poster for $25 and was told only 24 made but who knows. From what people were telling me they had a couple signed ones for $75 I might have to check it out at the New Orleans show.

Last edited by Khadgar346; 11-16-2007 at 10:01 PM..
Old 11-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #15
On Probation

Bincount™: 12

Setlist

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46 & 2
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
(Intermission)
Wings
Lateralus (With drummer from trans am)
Vicarious

Great show once again, played the same set as they did in Austin. The Toyota Center is not too bad, but its too big for my taste. I had amazing seats, right on the side stage and had a close up view of everything going on. I'll post some pictures up later on.

I heard Maynard say durring the drum off in Lateralus "Buzz come out on stage you fucking pussy"

I bought a nice gig poster for $25 and was told only 24 made but who knows. From what people were telling me they had a couple signed ones for $75 I might have to check it out at the New Orleans show.

Last edited by Khadgar346; 11-16-2007 at 10:01 PM..
OFFLINE |  
darinpowers
11-16-2007, 11:17 PM

I paid $75 just to see Flood. The rest was gravy. Danny wore a red Houston Rockets uniform. Too bad beer was almost $8 for 12 oz. (insane)

Maynard's final statement: "Peace out."
Old 11-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

I paid $75 just to see Flood. The rest was gravy. Danny wore a red Houston Rockets uniform. Too bad beer was almost $8 for 12 oz. (insane)

Maynard's final statement: "Peace out."
OFFLINE |  
Slim Chonson
11-17-2007, 05:53 AM

Fucking badass show. A HELLUVA lot better than the San Antonio and 9/11 Houston show. Setlist above is correct, and I finally got to see an Undertow song performed live.

Band was top notch. Maynard said something about Oompa Loompas but I couldn't make it out, but during Lateralus during the drum solo he said "Buzz chickened out, fucking pussy." And before Stinkfist he said "Good evening, Houston. This song's about anal sex."

I got this pretty neat poster. Not sure if it's new or not but it kicks ass.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3406/picture019ng0.jpg
Old 11-17-2007, 05:53 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Fucking badass show. A HELLUVA lot better than the San Antonio and 9/11 Houston show. Setlist above is correct, and I finally got to see an Undertow song performed live.

Band was top notch. Maynard said something about Oompa Loompas but I couldn't make it out, but during Lateralus during the drum solo he said "Buzz chickened out, fucking pussy." And before Stinkfist he said "Good evening, Houston. This song's about anal sex."

I got this pretty neat poster. Not sure if it's new or not but it kicks ass.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3406/picture019ng0.jpg
OFFLINE |  
dave-tx
11-17-2007, 06:06 AM

He was commenting that their stagehands were reject Ooopa Loompas.

Very good show, as mentioned same setlist as in Austin (that's both good news and bad, I suppose). Sebastian Thomson of Trans Am sat in on the Lateralus drum jam and really tore it up. As Khadgar mentioned, the venue was big - a lot bigger than the Erwin Center. I think the sound was louder, or at least it certainly was where I was sitting.

Maynard had some very funny moments during Rosetta Stoned - hopefully the tapes will circulate and I'll get to hear what I thought I did - more of the "Whoo Hooo"'s from the night before and some amusing gesticulating (OK, I'll need the DVD to see THAT).

The crowd was pretty good, but I had the unforuntate annoyance of security checking tickets in my section around the end of 10k Days because some group of dipshits decided that's when they wanted to show up. Hopefully they enjoyed the last couple of songs. Before that, a good group of people in my section (dead center section E). Oh well - at least my wife didn't come with me, she really would have been mad.

Trans Am played a similar but not identical set to the night before. They were good - don't skip them to have an extra beer in the parking lot.

I'm guessing that this will be the last show they play in Texas in support of this album, so I'm happy to go out on this high note - two solid shows. I have to agree with the guy who sat behind me - this band is putting on the best live show out there right now.

Last edited by dave-tx; 11-17-2007 at 06:11 AM..
Old 11-17-2007, 06:06 AM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

He was commenting that their stagehands were reject Ooopa Loompas.

Very good show, as mentioned same setlist as in Austin (that's both good news and bad, I suppose). Sebastian Thomson of Trans Am sat in on the Lateralus drum jam and really tore it up. As Khadgar mentioned, the venue was big - a lot bigger than the Erwin Center. I think the sound was louder, or at least it certainly was where I was sitting.

Maynard had some very funny moments during Rosetta Stoned - hopefully the tapes will circulate and I'll get to hear what I thought I did - more of the "Whoo Hooo"'s from the night before and some amusing gesticulating (OK, I'll need the DVD to see THAT).

The crowd was pretty good, but I had the unforuntate annoyance of security checking tickets in my section around the end of 10k Days because some group of dipshits decided that's when they wanted to show up. Hopefully they enjoyed the last couple of songs. Before that, a good group of people in my section (dead center section E). Oh well - at least my wife didn't come with me, she really would have been mad.

Trans Am played a similar but not identical set to the night before. They were good - don't skip them to have an extra beer in the parking lot.

I'm guessing that this will be the last show they play in Texas in support of this album, so I'm happy to go out on this high note - two solid shows. I have to agree with the guy who sat behind me - this band is putting on the best live show out there right now.

Last edited by dave-tx; 11-17-2007 at 06:11 AM..
OFFLINE |  
brickhouse
11-17-2007, 08:11 AM

Awwww Heewwwwl Yeahhhhhh..This was show 5 on this tour. Houston 9/11--Dallas 9/14---Pearl in Vegas 4/27 ---Baton Rouge (cant remember) --and last night at Toyota Center..Good God that place was packed..You could tell that Adam, Justin, and Danny weren't done..a matter of fact during the drum solo during Lateralus Adam walked over to Maynard and may have been suggesting another song, and Maynard made a hand gesture towards the screens that may have indicated that the song would have thrown the stage production off or the video's may not have been sync'd with the song -but they were for sure enjoying the crowd. Maynard was more talkative then any show i have seen this tour. Let me say this..This tour has been all about the stage production. The non variance in the set list is all due to the enormous light and lazer show that they have put together this tour. They have made a lot of money from 2001-present and really spent it on their production. So to all the followers that pay to see many shows and follow the band, Yes there is always remote hope that they will play a song out of the norm, but don't head to the show with over high expectations!..the moment they hit the stage it all changes, and wouldn't matter what the fuck they played.--i will say this,THE VIDEOS HAVE CHANGED A LOT-- There may have been clips of the Vicarious video during the song--i certainlly noticed some distinct changes there. Yes this is probably the last time the boys will be around for a minute so folks soak it up and just loose yourself in the moment ---THE SHOW WAS FUCKING BAD ASS---I AM SURE YOU ALL WILL AGREE--UNLESS YOUR JUST A FUCKING RETARD!
Old 11-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Awwww Heewwwwl Yeahhhhhh..This was show 5 on this tour. Houston 9/11--Dallas 9/14---Pearl in Vegas 4/27 ---Baton Rouge (cant remember) --and last night at Toyota Center..Good God that place was packed..You could tell that Adam, Justin, and Danny weren't done..a matter of fact during the drum solo during Lateralus Adam walked over to Maynard and may have been suggesting another song, and Maynard made a hand gesture towards the screens that may have indicated that the song would have thrown the stage production off or the video's may not have been sync'd with the song -but they were for sure enjoying the crowd. Maynard was more talkative then any show i have seen this tour. Let me say this..This tour has been all about the stage production. The non variance in the set list is all due to the enormous light and lazer show that they have put together this tour. They have made a lot of money from 2001-present and really spent it on their production. So to all the followers that pay to see many shows and follow the band, Yes there is always remote hope that they will play a song out of the norm, but don't head to the show with over high expectations!..the moment they hit the stage it all changes, and wouldn't matter what the fuck they played.--i will say this,THE VIDEOS HAVE CHANGED A LOT-- There may have been clips of the Vicarious video during the song--i certainlly noticed some distinct changes there. Yes this is probably the last time the boys will be around for a minute so folks soak it up and just loose yourself in the moment ---THE SHOW WAS FUCKING BAD ASS---I AM SURE YOU ALL WILL AGREE--UNLESS YOUR JUST A FUCKING RETARD!
OFFLINE |  
iluvdoja
11-17-2007, 08:22 AM

this is my 5th tool show and it was fuckin awsome! i loved the new visuals, (especially on the stage itslef, that shit was a trip!) and the mid lateralus drum battle. security was pretty tight as usual it was worth it! they made up for the 9-11 show at the woodlands. they rocked the fuck out!
Old 11-17-2007, 08:22 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

this is my 5th tool show and it was fuckin awsome! i loved the new visuals, (especially on the stage itslef, that shit was a trip!) and the mid lateralus drum battle. security was pretty tight as usual it was worth it! they made up for the 9-11 show at the woodlands. they rocked the fuck out!
OFFLINE |  
t_ram79
11-17-2007, 09:54 AM

Oh Yeah!! This show was way, way better than the last show at the Woodlands. The setlist was awesome and the whole band rocked. Can't wait to see them again.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Oh Yeah!! This show was way, way better than the last show at the Woodlands. The setlist was awesome and the whole band rocked. Can't wait to see them again.
OFFLINE |  
semi-sentient's Avatar semi-sentient
11-17-2007, 12:30 PM

5th Tool show for me, and it was awesome. I made a last minute decision to drive up to Houston (after seeing Wednesday's show in Austin) and it was well worth it -- even at $200 for 3rd row seats, dead center.

I had an amazing view of the band, and I thought the sound quality was better than Wednesday's show. There were a couple of instances where the vocals could have been louder, as well as Adam's guitar (particularly Rosetta Stoned), but Danny and Justin were damn near perfect. Danny is a damn machine, and he pretty much clowned the Trans Am drummer -- who had a hard time keeping up, but eventually caught on.

Wings/10k Days was fucking intense, primarily because I started peaking right around that time. The way it builds up is pretty amazing, and the visuals were unbelievable. I thought my damn head was going to explode. On a side note, I saw a bootleg recently of a show in 2001 (OKC) where they gathered around Danny and played Wings (no vocals), so apparently Wings/10K has been in the making for quite some time (is that around the time MJK's mother passed?).

Flood was awesome, once again, and I can't say enough about that Stinkfist/46&2/Schism trio. I like how they have the setlist layed out for this tour, although I would have liked for them to close with Right in Two instead of Vicarious (I suppose they have to play at least one radio song from that album).

The crowd was pretty cool as well, except for the fucking idiots that started fighting in the 1st row during Lateralus. That was the loudest ovation I've ever heard for Tool (San Antonio in 2001 was a close 2nd), and you can tell they were awed by it. Too bad they didn't schedule the LA or Vegas show(s) on a weekend. I would've considered flying up for one of those.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #22

5th Tool show for me, and it was awesome. I made a last minute decision to drive up to Houston (after seeing Wednesday's show in Austin) and it was well worth it -- even at $200 for 3rd row seats, dead center.

I had an amazing view of the band, and I thought the sound quality was better than Wednesday's show. There were a couple of instances where the vocals could have been louder, as well as Adam's guitar (particularly Rosetta Stoned), but Danny and Justin were damn near perfect. Danny is a damn machine, and he pretty much clowned the Trans Am drummer -- who had a hard time keeping up, but eventually caught on.

Wings/10k Days was fucking intense, primarily because I started peaking right around that time. The way it builds up is pretty amazing, and the visuals were unbelievable. I thought my damn head was going to explode. On a side note, I saw a bootleg recently of a show in 2001 (OKC) where they gathered around Danny and played Wings (no vocals), so apparently Wings/10K has been in the making for quite some time (is that around the time MJK's mother passed?).

Flood was awesome, once again, and I can't say enough about that Stinkfist/46&2/Schism trio. I like how they have the setlist layed out for this tour, although I would have liked for them to close with Right in Two instead of Vicarious (I suppose they have to play at least one radio song from that album).

The crowd was pretty cool as well, except for the fucking idiots that started fighting in the 1st row during Lateralus. That was the loudest ovation I've ever heard for Tool (San Antonio in 2001 was a close 2nd), and you can tell they were awed by it. Too bad they didn't schedule the LA or Vegas show(s) on a weekend. I would've considered flying up for one of those.
11-17-2007, 12:37 PM

PS: Have they played Pushit or Third Eye during any of the 10K Days shows? I'm beginning to think I'll never see either of those again live, which would be a real bummer.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #23

PS: Have they played Pushit or Third Eye during any of the 10K Days shows? I'm beginning to think I'll never see either of those again live, which would be a real bummer.
11-17-2007, 01:14 PM

I think they have played pushit, I saw it in previous reviews, and youtube as well. I would be happy with pushit.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

I think they have played pushit, I saw it in previous reviews, and youtube as well. I would be happy with pushit.
OFFLINE |  
VinDieselFiesta
11-17-2007, 01:44 PM

they've played pushit a few times this tour. no third eye though.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

they've played pushit a few times this tour. no third eye though.
11-17-2007, 01:46 PM

They did play push it on some US shows,no third eye though...i would SO love to see third eye live :|
Old 11-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

They did play push it on some US shows,no third eye though...i would SO love to see third eye live :|
OFFLINE |  
chrisb
11-17-2007, 03:24 PM

Great show, my 5th of the 10K days tour (9-11-06 Woodlands, 5-21-07 San Antonio, 5-22-07 Corpus Christi, 6-15-07 Bonnaroo) and one of the best, second only IMO to the Bonnaroo show. The sound was probably the better than any of the other shows I've attended.

I enjoyed Trans Am, I recommend people don't blow them off.

Pretty much all the same stage setup, however I noticed a one new addition. There were floating skulls w/ fetuses inside that appeared (I think during 46 & 2?). They were just projections on the large tapestry behind the band, but I had not noticed them before. Other than that, same as usual (read = FANTASTIC). The videos always seem to be slightly different, but the same for the most part. I was hoping to see the Vicarious video, but that was a no-go.

Flood was great, but I was really hoping to hear Pushit, I song I have not yet heard live. I enjoyed Maynard's gestures during Rosetta Stoned before he started the clap. Lateralus was fantastic as usual. However I wasn't too impressed with the drummer from Trans Am. He was decent, but all the other Lateralus breakdowns I've seen have been better. My favorite Lateralus jam that I've heard was probably during San Antonio's show with Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto from King Crimson

The crowd was VERY loud after the concert, probably the loudest of the shows I've attended so far. Maynard actually stayed out with the band thanking the crowd the whole time.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #27
Level 3 - Talker

Great show, my 5th of the 10K days tour (9-11-06 Woodlands, 5-21-07 San Antonio, 5-22-07 Corpus Christi, 6-15-07 Bonnaroo) and one of the best, second only IMO to the Bonnaroo show. The sound was probably the better than any of the other shows I've attended.

I enjoyed Trans Am, I recommend people don't blow them off.

Pretty much all the same stage setup, however I noticed a one new addition. There were floating skulls w/ fetuses inside that appeared (I think during 46 & 2?). They were just projections on the large tapestry behind the band, but I had not noticed them before. Other than that, same as usual (read = FANTASTIC). The videos always seem to be slightly different, but the same for the most part. I was hoping to see the Vicarious video, but that was a no-go.

Flood was great, but I was really hoping to hear Pushit, I song I have not yet heard live. I enjoyed Maynard's gestures during Rosetta Stoned before he started the clap. Lateralus was fantastic as usual. However I wasn't too impressed with the drummer from Trans Am. He was decent, but all the other Lateralus breakdowns I've seen have been better. My favorite Lateralus jam that I've heard was probably during San Antonio's show with Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto from King Crimson

The crowd was VERY loud after the concert, probably the loudest of the shows I've attended so far. Maynard actually stayed out with the band thanking the crowd the whole time.
OFFLINE |  
BoomShakaLaka's Avatar BoomShakaLaka
11-17-2007, 05:22 PM

Man this was my 4th tool show and for me it was the best, the start of the concert was ok..until they played rosetta stoned, this show i was hoping they didn't play it cuz i've seen it 3 times already and each time is gets a little old but this one was the Best version of rosetta stoned i've ever seen and seeing flood was definetly the highlite for me the visuals for flood blew me the fuck away i thought my heart was going to pound outta my chest from the excitement
Old 11-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #28
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Man this was my 4th tool show and for me it was the best, the start of the concert was ok..until they played rosetta stoned, this show i was hoping they didn't play it cuz i've seen it 3 times already and each time is gets a little old but this one was the Best version of rosetta stoned i've ever seen and seeing flood was definetly the highlite for me the visuals for flood blew me the fuck away i thought my heart was going to pound outta my chest from the excitement
OFFLINE |  
Repugnant Creature's Avatar Repugnant Creature
11-17-2007, 11:59 PM

Once again, a great show. Yeah Buzzo, get on stage with your hair, people want to witness that. I saw you hanging out in the sound booth, pussy. By the way, yall played an exceptional show at Meridian. Not much to be said aside from all previous post. If you weren't there, I feel bad for you. You missed the the good time had by all.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

Once again, a great show. Yeah Buzzo, get on stage with your hair, people want to witness that. I saw you hanging out in the sound booth, pussy. By the way, yall played an exceptional show at Meridian. Not much to be said aside from all previous post. If you weren't there, I feel bad for you. You missed the the good time had by all.
11-18-2007, 02:22 AM

This show was only so-so for me. I mean, they did a great job, but for what was essentially a make-up show for 9/11 at the Woodlands, I was somewhat disappointed that it was basically the same core set of songs they've been doing. I was hoping for some totally different stuff to knock my socks off: H, Swamp Song, Hooker, Third Eye... though Flood was pretty awesome.

I wanted so badly for them to play The Pot (my favorite). I saw Tool at the Woodland, at the San Antonio show earlier this year, and this show... no Pot =(

Also could've done without the weird sound-effects intermission.... WAY too long.

We had pretty good seats in section 208, but it must've been in a bad sound spot cus the guitar was a bit too loud in the mix. It mostly rendered vocals inaudible.

Maynard also barely said anything all night. I wish I could have seen them back in the day when he was a freak and would stand out front in crazy outfits or painted up.

Last edited by angst; 11-18-2007 at 02:27 AM..
Old 11-18-2007, 02:22 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

This show was only so-so for me. I mean, they did a great job, but for what was essentially a make-up show for 9/11 at the Woodlands, I was somewhat disappointed that it was basically the same core set of songs they've been doing. I was hoping for some totally different stuff to knock my socks off: H, Swamp Song, Hooker, Third Eye... though Flood was pretty awesome.

I wanted so badly for them to play The Pot (my favorite). I saw Tool at the Woodland, at the San Antonio show earlier this year, and this show... no Pot =(

Also could've done without the weird sound-effects intermission.... WAY too long.

We had pretty good seats in section 208, but it must've been in a bad sound spot cus the guitar was a bit too loud in the mix. It mostly rendered vocals inaudible.

Maynard also barely said anything all night. I wish I could have seen them back in the day when he was a freak and would stand out front in crazy outfits or painted up.

Last edited by angst; 11-18-2007 at 02:27 AM..
OFFLINE |  
AgentDMT
11-18-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angst View Post
If by way too long you mean way too awesome then I agree. The intermission breaks from the "2D" show and begins the process of introducing the laser beams. When the red and white light finally moves out to the crowd and stutters like a skipping CD, the energy of the crowd is amazing. Then the laser beams rock out. It is an excellent use of suspense that leads you to the amazing part of the light show.

Quote:
"Good evening Texas. Woo Hoo"
"Where were we? Ahhh yes, songs about anal sex"
(something here)"Bozz chickened out. Fucking pussy"
"Sebastian last name from Trans Am"
Trans Am Joke I couldn't hear
Oompa Loompa joke I couldnt hear

Amazing show. Toyota Center is very nice place. I was very close, but it seems theres not a bad seat in the place. Sound was loud, energy level was on point. Excellent. And wow what a light show. I'm glad they got rid of that cheesy light thing that came up during Lateralus during the Woodlands debacle.

Danny wore a T-Mac jersey and drew attention to it as he walked out to his kit. That was pretty tight. My friend said, before this happened, that Tool was no Houston Rockets (seeing as how we were in the Toy. Center) because they didn't have T-Mac. At the end of the show he said that T-Mac (referring to DC) was really good.

Maynard had some good dance moves lined up, including an arm circle thing during Jambi that was neat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s82g-q3pPxc video of the arm circle thing but you can barely see it around 3:30). He directed the crowd to clap during Rosetta Stoned (I think could have been another song) which I have never seen him do.

Last edited by AgentDMT; 11-18-2007 at 01:24 PM..
Old 11-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #31
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
If by way too long you mean way too awesome then I agree. The intermission breaks from the "2D" show and begins the process of introducing the laser beams. When the red and white light finally moves out to the crowd and stutters like a skipping CD, the energy of the crowd is amazing. Then the laser beams rock out. It is an excellent use of suspense that leads you to the amazing part of the light show.

Quote:
"Good evening Texas. Woo Hoo"
"Where were we? Ahhh yes, songs about anal sex"
(something here)"Bozz chickened out. Fucking pussy"
"Sebastian last name from Trans Am"
Trans Am Joke I couldn't hear
Oompa Loompa joke I couldnt hear

Amazing show. Toyota Center is very nice place. I was very close, but it seems theres not a bad seat in the place. Sound was loud, energy level was on point. Excellent. And wow what a light show. I'm glad they got rid of that cheesy light thing that came up during Lateralus during the Woodlands debacle.

Danny wore a T-Mac jersey and drew attention to it as he walked out to his kit. That was pretty tight. My friend said, before this happened, that Tool was no Houston Rockets (seeing as how we were in the Toy. Center) because they didn't have T-Mac. At the end of the show he said that T-Mac (referring to DC) was really good.

Maynard had some good dance moves lined up, including an arm circle thing during Jambi that was neat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s82g-q3pPxc video of the arm circle thing but you can barely see it around 3:30). He directed the crowd to clap during Rosetta Stoned (I think could have been another song) which I have never seen him do.

Last edited by AgentDMT; 11-18-2007 at 01:24 PM..
OFFLINE |  
r6isnum1's Avatar r6isnum1
11-18-2007, 12:27 PM

by far it was the worst tool show i've been to... the band played well but it was a bad concert experience... the sound was terrible for the most part... the mid and bass was really high on the guitar so it sounded like a car system with too much bass... maynard's mic was really low.. justin's bass was off a bit as well... only danny was the only one who sounded fine.. to top that off the crowd was the shittiest crowd i have ever been a part of... they were loud drunken idiots... during wings 1 and 2 most of the crowd was busy chit chatting like it was intermission... there was a girl right behind me who felt the need to scream at the top of her lungs every few minutes.. and not the occasional woohoooo, but really yell like she was being murdered.. the people in my row would come and go like every two minutes so i kept having to let people pass...

like i said the band played well, but too many things made it ann overall bad experience...
Old 11-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #32
Level 3 - Talker

by far it was the worst tool show i've been to... the band played well but it was a bad concert experience... the sound was terrible for the most part... the mid and bass was really high on the guitar so it sounded like a car system with too much bass... maynard's mic was really low.. justin's bass was off a bit as well... only danny was the only one who sounded fine.. to top that off the crowd was the shittiest crowd i have ever been a part of... they were loud drunken idiots... during wings 1 and 2 most of the crowd was busy chit chatting like it was intermission... there was a girl right behind me who felt the need to scream at the top of her lungs every few minutes.. and not the occasional woohoooo, but really yell like she was being murdered.. the people in my row would come and go like every two minutes so i kept having to let people pass...

like i said the band played well, but too many things made it ann overall bad experience...
11-18-2007, 05:29 PM

I'm not saying it was a bad show... for Tool to play what they play, and as tight live as it sounds on the album, is an incredible feat... but WE had seats where the sounds WAS bad (for Tool). And if Maynard was talking, we sure as shit couldn't tell most of the time. And he did his typical eccentric back in the shadows crap. I understand that they are old, and tired from long tours, but as their frontman, Maynard could at least try to pretend that there are thousands of adoring fans there to see them and be appreciative of that.

Was anyone at the Breaking Benjamin show on Tuesday where he went INTO THE CROWD to hand out water while Deftones came out and played "house of flies?" THAT is crowd interaction. When I had a gig last night, I jumped off the stage and played a ripping guitar solo in the faces of the crowd and they loved it...

I think Tool is assuming their fanbase consists mostly of tweakers & stoners who wouldn't even notice that the band is actually there and are awash in sensory overload from the lights & sounds, or are drunken fools screaming through the entire show.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm not saying it was a bad show... for Tool to play what they play, and as tight live as it sounds on the album, is an incredible feat... but WE had seats where the sounds WAS bad (for Tool). And if Maynard was talking, we sure as shit couldn't tell most of the time. And he did his typical eccentric back in the shadows crap. I understand that they are old, and tired from long tours, but as their frontman, Maynard could at least try to pretend that there are thousands of adoring fans there to see them and be appreciative of that.

Was anyone at the Breaking Benjamin show on Tuesday where he went INTO THE CROWD to hand out water while Deftones came out and played "house of flies?" THAT is crowd interaction. When I had a gig last night, I jumped off the stage and played a ripping guitar solo in the faces of the crowd and they loved it...

I think Tool is assuming their fanbase consists mostly of tweakers & stoners who wouldn't even notice that the band is actually there and are awash in sensory overload from the lights & sounds, or are drunken fools screaming through the entire show.
OFFLINE |  
Ghostwriter's Avatar Ghostwriter
11-18-2007, 05:38 PM

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist (remix!)
46 & 2
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
(Intermission)
Wings for Marie
Lateralus (With drummer from Trans Am)
Vicarious

What an INCREDIBLE show! I flew all the way to Houston from New York just to see this show. This was my fourth Tool show and the almost 4 hour flight was worth it! The fans were great and as usual were really cool to eachother. I went with my Dad and his two friends and they bought Tool shirts while I got a hat since I already had 5. Trans Am opened and they fuggin rocked! Tool opened with Jambi which as usual kicked ass. The next song was an extended version of Stinkfist which had some pretty cool new visuals and a catchy beat. 46 & 2 and Schism were great and Maynard hit the notes: "Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any Sense of compassion Between supposed lovers" PERFECTLY. I was a little dissapointed that they didn't play Lost Keys before Rosetta Stoned but it was still great. Flood rocked and Wings nearly brought me to tears. Lateralus was INCREDIBLE with the drum solo. It was hilarious when the Trans Am drummer came on to play and Maynard said: "Step forth so thou shalt be judged." Vicarious was a perfect conclusion and Maynard put his soul into singing. I just love Tool so much; I have been a little depressed since the concert was over. Maynard was very animated this concert and made alot of jokes and sang the best I have ever heard. My Dad's friend almost got me backstage passes during the concert so that was cool of her. It was clear at the end of the concert, how much the band members really love their fans. I have never felt so connected with them before.

Tool ROCKS!
Old 11-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #34
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist (remix!)
46 & 2
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
(Intermission)
Wings for Marie
Lateralus (With drummer from Trans Am)
Vicarious

What an INCREDIBLE show! I flew all the way to Houston from New York just to see this show. This was my fourth Tool show and the almost 4 hour flight was worth it! The fans were great and as usual were really cool to eachother. I went with my Dad and his two friends and they bought Tool shirts while I got a hat since I already had 5. Trans Am opened and they fuggin rocked! Tool opened with Jambi which as usual kicked ass. The next song was an extended version of Stinkfist which had some pretty cool new visuals and a catchy beat. 46 & 2 and Schism were great and Maynard hit the notes: "Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any Sense of compassion Between supposed lovers" PERFECTLY. I was a little dissapointed that they didn't play Lost Keys before Rosetta Stoned but it was still great. Flood rocked and Wings nearly brought me to tears. Lateralus was INCREDIBLE with the drum solo. It was hilarious when the Trans Am drummer came on to play and Maynard said: "Step forth so thou shalt be judged." Vicarious was a perfect conclusion and Maynard put his soul into singing. I just love Tool so much; I have been a little depressed since the concert was over. Maynard was very animated this concert and made alot of jokes and sang the best I have ever heard. My Dad's friend almost got me backstage passes during the concert so that was cool of her. It was clear at the end of the concert, how much the band members really love their fans. I have never felt so connected with them before.

Tool ROCKS!
chrisb
11-18-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6isnum1 View Post

What section were you in?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:33 PM   #35
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

OFFLINE |  
espguitarist92's Avatar espguitarist92
11-18-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:

were you in the Section 114?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #36
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 3

Quote:

OFFLINE |  
BoomShakaLaka's Avatar BoomShakaLaka
11-19-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:

you must have been really close to the stage or something cuz i know from experience when you go to a tool show and you sit close to the stage the sounds sux and you can't see all the visuals, in dallas i was in the 2nd row and couldn't hear maynard at first and there was too much bass so when it comes to tool shows, balcony is where it's at
Old 11-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #37
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

you must have been really close to the stage or something cuz i know from experience when you go to a tool show and you sit close to the stage the sounds sux and you can't see all the visuals, in dallas i was in the 2nd row and couldn't hear maynard at first and there was too much bass so when it comes to tool shows, balcony is where it's at
OFFLINE |  
texsin's Avatar texsin
11-19-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-tx View Post

By the sound of things I was sitting behind you. BLS t-shirt. Those idiots that came during lateralus damn near ruined my night. Freaking security asswipes and their damn flashlights in the middle of a row...
Old 11-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #38
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-tx View Post

By the sound of things I was sitting behind you. BLS t-shirt. Those idiots that came during lateralus damn near ruined my night. Freaking security asswipes and their damn flashlights in the middle of a row...
OFFLINE |  
r6isnum1's Avatar r6isnum1
11-19-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by espguitarist92 View Post
i was in section 112... did you guys not notice during wings 1&2 talking like a band wasnt even on stage... i could barely hear the band... it really ruined one of my favorite song(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomShakaLaka View Post
i was at the opposite end of the venue man... this was my 10th show so i have quite a few shows to compare this to... if it wasnt for tool playing i would have completely hated it..
Old 11-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by espguitarist92 View Post
i was in section 112... did you guys not notice during wings 1&2 talking like a band wasnt even on stage... i could barely hear the band... it really ruined one of my favorite song(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomShakaLaka View Post
i was at the opposite end of the venue man... this was my 10th show so i have quite a few shows to compare this to... if it wasnt for tool playing i would have completely hated it..
11-19-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you weren't the only one.

I was in section 114 , and There was a guy who sat by himself in a row in front of me. He was on the first seat from the isle , and he was keeping to himself and jamming out and that guy i kinda felt bad for.

1. He tried to record with his phone and an old geezer usher in blue came around with a flashflight , beaming people to put it away.He got after the guy in front of me a few times.
2. That guy had to constantly be getting up for a group of people next to him who kept leaving and coming back every 5 minutes. I wouldve been pissed.
3. The row in front of that guy , more towards the middle , I dont know how they captured the attention of the old geezer usher in blue , but the old bastard beamed them and asked them to come out to the isle to check for their tickets.They had printed out tickets. Later , old geezer comes back with another fat black bitch in black........checked the same two.......and nothing....tickets were legit and they belonged there.......for the third fucking time , two more guys in black shirts , came and asked the guys for the tickets...This was like two rolls in front of me , but was distracting and fucking pissing me off.
4.During WFm/10k Days , two idiots right behind were talking like it was a fucking smoke break at their gay club scene. That shit even pissed me off. EVEN MORE cause i was recording the show.

I believe there is an unwritten law , that should be written , that you have the right to sock any motherfucker who is acting like a drunken retard , yelling out the wrong lyrics , or talking during a show. Right in the fucking kisser.

Just my two cents.

Overall , its my 3rd time seeing them , San Antonio , Corpus Christi and now Houston.

Spiral Out
Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #40
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 3

Quote:

Sounds like you weren't the only one.

I was in section 114 , and There was a guy who sat by himself in a row in front of me. He was on the first seat from the isle , and he was keeping to himself and jamming out and that guy i kinda felt bad for.

1. He tried to record with his phone and an old geezer usher in blue came around with a flashflight , beaming people to put it away.He got after the guy in front of me a few times.
2. That guy had to constantly be getting up for a group of people next to him who kept leaving and coming back every 5 minutes. I wouldve been pissed.
3. The row in front of that guy , more towards the middle , I dont know how they captured the attention of the old geezer usher in blue , but the old bastard beamed them and asked them to come out to the isle to check for their tickets.They had printed out tickets. Later , old geezer comes back with another fat black bitch in black........checked the same two.......and nothing....tickets were legit and they belonged there.......for the third fucking time , two more guys in black shirts , came and asked the guys for the tickets...This was like two rolls in front of me , but was distracting and fucking pissing me off.
4.During WFm/10k Days , two idiots right behind were talking like it was a fucking smoke break at their gay club scene. That shit even pissed me off. EVEN MORE cause i was recording the show.

I believe there is an unwritten law , that should be written , that you have the right to sock any motherfucker who is acting like a drunken retard , yelling out the wrong lyrics , or talking during a show. Right in the fucking kisser.

Just my two cents.

Overall , its my 3rd time seeing them , San Antonio , Corpus Christi and now Houston.

Spiral Out
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply