Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46&2
Lateralus
Aenema

Last edited by McRoggles; 07-01-2010 at 09:24 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

Reviews only, please.

Setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46&2
Lateralus
Aenema

Last edited by McRoggles; 07-01-2010 at 09:24 PM..
OFFLINE |  
viperz99
07-01-2010, 08:49 PM

First one out. Well noone has posted on St Paul if I ever see a post complaining about any show, my GODDD!!!! They were perfect tonight. Same setlist as the first Denver show and the rest this tour. Maynard was as animated as I have seen him ever. He actually climbed down off his perch twice to first bring the DJS from the opening band a bottle of his wine and then again to grab it back after they left it there. Haha I have never seen him so close. Usual Maynard shit, taking cellphone pics of the DJS while they were doing Lateralus. He was rocking a T-shirt that said "Postal". Screaming like only Maynard can scream on the opener "Third eye"

Third Eye
Jambi
IONS
Stinkfist
Vicarious
EON
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 and 2
Lateralus
Aenima

All super tight, Danny Carey is fucking ridiculous, he barely moves and it sounds like he going crazy. Band seemed real close and seemed to be having FUN!!! Which is awesome to see. Glad there was seating cause Im sick of people moshing to TOOL. I had plenty of rocking out room without sweaty drunk people rolling over me. Off to bed. See them this tour, def worth the money. Oh and the light and laser show just gets sicker and sicker. Night St Paul
Old 07-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
St Paul

First one out. Well noone has posted on St Paul if I ever see a post complaining about any show, my GODDD!!!! They were perfect tonight. Same setlist as the first Denver show and the rest this tour. Maynard was as animated as I have seen him ever. He actually climbed down off his perch twice to first bring the DJS from the opening band a bottle of his wine and then again to grab it back after they left it there. Haha I have never seen him so close. Usual Maynard shit, taking cellphone pics of the DJS while they were doing Lateralus. He was rocking a T-shirt that said "Postal". Screaming like only Maynard can scream on the opener "Third eye"

Third Eye
Jambi
IONS
Stinkfist
Vicarious
EON
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 and 2
Lateralus
Aenima

All super tight, Danny Carey is fucking ridiculous, he barely moves and it sounds like he going crazy. Band seemed real close and seemed to be having FUN!!! Which is awesome to see. Glad there was seating cause Im sick of people moshing to TOOL. I had plenty of rocking out room without sweaty drunk people rolling over me. Off to bed. See them this tour, def worth the money. Oh and the light and laser show just gets sicker and sicker. Night St Paul
OFFLINE |  
Mr_chet
07-01-2010, 09:37 PM

Here I sit,,,waiting patiently for the Seattle show...Living my Life Vicariously through those who have seen the performances before me....
Old 07-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

Here I sit,,,waiting patiently for the Seattle show...Living my Life Vicariously through those who have seen the performances before me....
OFFLINE |  
ravener
07-01-2010, 09:50 PM

Awesome awesome awesome awesome! Section 112 and the Xcel never disappoints! Dalek was... an odd choice for an opener, but I did enjoy their overall sound, minus I have no idea what the guy was rapping about. Everything was spot on except for the beginning of 46&2, Adam and Justin were out of sync? Maybe just me. All I caught from Maynard was what's been posted before, "Everything is gonna work out" "Wish we had a time machine... time machine" Great lead in for Intolerance. Didn't catch what else he said. The energy was amazing. Awesome visuals as usual, and THANK YOU for playing Intolerance, highlight of the night for me, even though Lateralus just gets better each time I see it live! Amazing show!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Awesome awesome awesome awesome! Section 112 and the Xcel never disappoints! Dalek was... an odd choice for an opener, but I did enjoy their overall sound, minus I have no idea what the guy was rapping about. Everything was spot on except for the beginning of 46&2, Adam and Justin were out of sync? Maybe just me. All I caught from Maynard was what's been posted before, "Everything is gonna work out" "Wish we had a time machine... time machine" Great lead in for Intolerance. Didn't catch what else he said. The energy was amazing. Awesome visuals as usual, and THANK YOU for playing Intolerance, highlight of the night for me, even though Lateralus just gets better each time I see it live! Amazing show!
OFFLINE |  
deetonisblack's Avatar deetonisblack
07-01-2010, 09:52 PM

This show was awesome. I am so glad that they played Third Eye. The sound was awesome, the visuals were spectacular and the new setlist was very much appreciated. One thing that really sucked was the retarded fucking rap group that opened for them. That was awful. Maybe it's just me, but it sounded like Adam may have lost his place at the beginning of Forty Six & 2. The timing seemed off there. Maybe not. All in all it was awesome.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

This show was awesome. I am so glad that they played Third Eye. The sound was awesome, the visuals were spectacular and the new setlist was very much appreciated. One thing that really sucked was the retarded fucking rap group that opened for them. That was awful. Maybe it's just me, but it sounded like Adam may have lost his place at the beginning of Forty Six & 2. The timing seemed off there. Maybe not. All in all it was awesome.
07-01-2010, 10:10 PM

4th tool show
2nd row on adams side
2 hits of acid before
Visuals were fantastic...
I'm gona have to write this later.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

4th tool show
2nd row on adams side
2 hits of acid before
Visuals were fantastic...
I'm gona have to write this later.
OFFLINE |  
Mr.EvilCrab's Avatar Mr.EvilCrab
07-01-2010, 10:15 PM

I've been hoping to see them play Third Eye for soo long. Opened with it...very cool. The opening act was strange for Tool, but oh well. Adam was off at the beginning of 46&2, but he eventually synced up with Justin and all was well. I think the guitar part for that song starts out on an offbeat anyways. The visuals were the best i've ever seen i think - Danny's kit was lit from above and beneath (or on the side) with projectors or something, it was very cool. Maynard didn't say a whole lot - aside from "FYI...It's all gonna work out." and the time machine bit - then "Ooops!" before starting Aenema. I've seen them a few times, but I think was the best yet.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

I've been hoping to see them play Third Eye for soo long. Opened with it...very cool. The opening act was strange for Tool, but oh well. Adam was off at the beginning of 46&2, but he eventually synced up with Justin and all was well. I think the guitar part for that song starts out on an offbeat anyways. The visuals were the best i've ever seen i think - Danny's kit was lit from above and beneath (or on the side) with projectors or something, it was very cool. Maynard didn't say a whole lot - aside from "FYI...It's all gonna work out." and the time machine bit - then "Ooops!" before starting Aenema. I've seen them a few times, but I think was the best yet.
07-01-2010, 10:26 PM

Very good show. I agree about dalek, not something you'd expect to open-up a Tool show, it just sounded like a bunch of loud noise to me.
I do also think Adam/Justin were a little off at the beginning of 46 & 2, Adam's amp cut out a few times, might've thrown him off I suppose, only he really knows.
I liked the set-list, but I wish they'd be doing 10,000 Days & Wings. I'd like those to be Tool show staples, like Schism and Lateralus are.
I was lucky a few years ago, to meet a special woman named Joan, who gave me house seats for the show tonight, which also came with "After-show backstage passes"! We waited, went backstage, had a dinner roll and a Mountain Dew. Then was told the night was over, Maynard never hangs out, Adam wasn't feeling well, Justin was spending time with his new bride, and Joan didn't say what was up with Danny. I imagine it's exhausting playing that hard, under those hot lights, for 2-3 hours. I was close to meeting them and didn't, but still had a great time, no regrets no worries no complaints.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Very good show. I agree about dalek, not something you'd expect to open-up a Tool show, it just sounded like a bunch of loud noise to me.
I do also think Adam/Justin were a little off at the beginning of 46 & 2, Adam's amp cut out a few times, might've thrown him off I suppose, only he really knows.
I liked the set-list, but I wish they'd be doing 10,000 Days & Wings. I'd like those to be Tool show staples, like Schism and Lateralus are.
I was lucky a few years ago, to meet a special woman named Joan, who gave me house seats for the show tonight, which also came with "After-show backstage passes"! We waited, went backstage, had a dinner roll and a Mountain Dew. Then was told the night was over, Maynard never hangs out, Adam wasn't feeling well, Justin was spending time with his new bride, and Joan didn't say what was up with Danny. I imagine it's exhausting playing that hard, under those hot lights, for 2-3 hours. I was close to meeting them and didn't, but still had a great time, no regrets no worries no complaints.
OFFLINE |  
TOOLEK's Avatar TOOLEK
07-02-2010, 12:05 AM

Parabol(a) would be sweet (and H. and Jimmy, No quarter, You lied and of course Pushit!).
Old 07-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #9
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Parabol(a) would be sweet (and H. and Jimmy, No quarter, You lied and of course Pushit!).
OFFLINE |  
07-02-2010, 04:54 AM

Another thing that I had noticed at this concert was that they had some microphones placed at the soundboard as well as a camera or two. I am not sure how TOOL do their thing. Maybe they record every show? Maybe not. It would be cool if some of the footage would end up being part of that LONG AWAITED live dvd. TOOL RULE!!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:54 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Another thing that I had noticed at this concert was that they had some microphones placed at the soundboard as well as a camera or two. I am not sure how TOOL do their thing. Maybe they record every show? Maybe not. It would be cool if some of the footage would end up being part of that LONG AWAITED live dvd. TOOL RULE!!!!
07-02-2010, 05:21 AM

Just waking up from 6 hours of total driving. We were section 112 also. I'll start out with Dalek...WTF was that!!! 2 guys, one attempting to rap\hip hop, another playing with a laptop setup on a table. This was pathetic. Everyone around us figured it was some kind of joke Maynard was pulling on everyone that he would let these guys open for them. Could not understand one word other than *uck and Mother*ucker. I was actually worried the sound for Tool was going to be bad after hearing that.

On to Tool. Amazing is all you can say. The sound was PERFECT. Third Eye is not my favorite choice..i would have liked The Grudge better but oh well. Stinkfist was incredible. Intolerance just rocked. OMG 46&2 blew everyone away. Then came Lateralus. They tried to do some sort of battle with Dalek. Basically it was the dude with the laptop double clicking a canned mp3 on his windows 3.1 desktop and it was a bunch of distortion screwing up Danny's solo. Any one of the lab coats could have done better. Totally SUCKED!! Then they finished up Lateralus and it was amazing. And Aenema was great as always.

Now the bad part about Tool. THEY ONLY PLAY 10 SONGS!!! Come on man. This is a disgrace. Just saw Metallica last fall. They played 20 songs. Rush just started their summer tour. They don't waste everyones time with an opening act. They played 25 songs!!! Entire Moving Pictures album!! This is just insane. Why can't you put in a little effort and play 3 more songs. Throw in Eulogy and Sober and The Pot maybe. Then you turn a great concert into something really special.

Given that it was a great show. And i can't wait to see them again.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Just waking up from 6 hours of total driving. We were section 112 also. I'll start out with Dalek...WTF was that!!! 2 guys, one attempting to rap\hip hop, another playing with a laptop setup on a table. This was pathetic. Everyone around us figured it was some kind of joke Maynard was pulling on everyone that he would let these guys open for them. Could not understand one word other than *uck and Mother*ucker. I was actually worried the sound for Tool was going to be bad after hearing that.

On to Tool. Amazing is all you can say. The sound was PERFECT. Third Eye is not my favorite choice..i would have liked The Grudge better but oh well. Stinkfist was incredible. Intolerance just rocked. OMG 46&2 blew everyone away. Then came Lateralus. They tried to do some sort of battle with Dalek. Basically it was the dude with the laptop double clicking a canned mp3 on his windows 3.1 desktop and it was a bunch of distortion screwing up Danny's solo. Any one of the lab coats could have done better. Totally SUCKED!! Then they finished up Lateralus and it was amazing. And Aenema was great as always.

Now the bad part about Tool. THEY ONLY PLAY 10 SONGS!!! Come on man. This is a disgrace. Just saw Metallica last fall. They played 20 songs. Rush just started their summer tour. They don't waste everyones time with an opening act. They played 25 songs!!! Entire Moving Pictures album!! This is just insane. Why can't you put in a little effort and play 3 more songs. Throw in Eulogy and Sober and The Pot maybe. Then you turn a great concert into something really special.

Given that it was a great show. And i can't wait to see them again.
OFFLINE |  
loldotcom
07-02-2010, 06:27 AM

I actually didn't mind Dalek, but I also listen to hiphop regularly as well as my rock/metal tendencies. Could of been a bit more structured in the beats, but whatever. I googled them ahead of time, so I knew what I was getting into. Tool opening bands are usually out of left field, this was no different. Still, Meshuggah was still the best one I've seen, but I'm biased towards them :P

A big die-in-a-fire to the kid behind me who was absolutely losing his shit over Dalek, and crying the entire set about how much he sucks and should go home. If you don't like the group, that's fine, but just go get a beer or whatever. Don't bitch about it constantly as if anyone else wants to hear you -_-

Absolutely hilarious that after Dalek finished their portion of Lateralus with the band, Maynard chirped in with 'see, I told you it would work out', or something to that effect.

Also, a big FU to the 40 somethings who kept standing up and leaving our row, like every other song. $65 a ticket, and you're missing half the show. Sit the fuck down :P

As far as the show, awesome to see Third Eye be on this setlist. Sad how many people really had no idea what was going on. The kid behind me was still whining about how he wants to hear Vicarious, and Jambi.

Kids.

At any rate, I half agree that the band really needs to kick it up and throw the fans a couple more bones. Intolerance was nice, and we had Flood last time. But there are many songs over the last half dozen shows have not appeared, while others have been played every time.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

I actually didn't mind Dalek, but I also listen to hiphop regularly as well as my rock/metal tendencies. Could of been a bit more structured in the beats, but whatever. I googled them ahead of time, so I knew what I was getting into. Tool opening bands are usually out of left field, this was no different. Still, Meshuggah was still the best one I've seen, but I'm biased towards them :P

A big die-in-a-fire to the kid behind me who was absolutely losing his shit over Dalek, and crying the entire set about how much he sucks and should go home. If you don't like the group, that's fine, but just go get a beer or whatever. Don't bitch about it constantly as if anyone else wants to hear you -_-

Absolutely hilarious that after Dalek finished their portion of Lateralus with the band, Maynard chirped in with 'see, I told you it would work out', or something to that effect.

Also, a big FU to the 40 somethings who kept standing up and leaving our row, like every other song. $65 a ticket, and you're missing half the show. Sit the fuck down :P

As far as the show, awesome to see Third Eye be on this setlist. Sad how many people really had no idea what was going on. The kid behind me was still whining about how he wants to hear Vicarious, and Jambi.

Kids.

At any rate, I half agree that the band really needs to kick it up and throw the fans a couple more bones. Intolerance was nice, and we had Flood last time. But there are many songs over the last half dozen shows have not appeared, while others have been played every time.
OFFLINE |  
07-02-2010, 07:35 AM

I have to totally agree with you on the damn people who kept getting up and leaving throughout the show. I don't understand why people pay a shitload of money to go see a band, then spend a large portion of the concert walking around. It's rather annoying. I imagine it being especially annoying for someone who may have wanted to go for the concert, but was unable go because of it being sold out. TOOL aren't going to be around forever, so people should enjoy them in concert while they still can.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

I have to totally agree with you on the damn people who kept getting up and leaving throughout the show. I don't understand why people pay a shitload of money to go see a band, then spend a large portion of the concert walking around. It's rather annoying. I imagine it being especially annoying for someone who may have wanted to go for the concert, but was unable go because of it being sold out. TOOL aren't going to be around forever, so people should enjoy them in concert while they still can.
07-02-2010, 07:40 AM

Sec. 108, fifth Tool show, and I must admit the the Lateralus tour will always be hard to top IMO. Maynard going the extra mile with paint, the contortionists repelling out of nowhere onto the stage and doing their thing. The visuals for that tour were mindblowing. That being said, this was a great show, but I also thought Dalek was not a good choice, and totally screwed up Danny's drum solo on Lateralus. Did also catch the miscue just before 46&2. And did anybody else notice that the bell ringing part during Vicarious lacked the lasers to correspond with the bells, something looked a miss during that based on what I remember. I did have one DB next to me that thought it was cool to light up his friggin bright ass cell phone every other song. But I won't rant about that.
On the other hand, Third Eye was great, Intolerance was awesome, and the setlist as a whole was cool. The visuals were what you expect from a Tool show and only a Tool show. I picked up a poster, which I think will look nice framed with my ticket down in my basement. Another Tool experience in the books!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:40 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Sec. 108, fifth Tool show, and I must admit the the Lateralus tour will always be hard to top IMO. Maynard going the extra mile with paint, the contortionists repelling out of nowhere onto the stage and doing their thing. The visuals for that tour were mindblowing. That being said, this was a great show, but I also thought Dalek was not a good choice, and totally screwed up Danny's drum solo on Lateralus. Did also catch the miscue just before 46&2. And did anybody else notice that the bell ringing part during Vicarious lacked the lasers to correspond with the bells, something looked a miss during that based on what I remember. I did have one DB next to me that thought it was cool to light up his friggin bright ass cell phone every other song. But I won't rant about that.
On the other hand, Third Eye was great, Intolerance was awesome, and the setlist as a whole was cool. The visuals were what you expect from a Tool show and only a Tool show. I picked up a poster, which I think will look nice framed with my ticket down in my basement. Another Tool experience in the books!
07-02-2010, 08:06 AM

My first time seeing the band perform live, and it was fucking phenomenal. Took my little brother who was just as excited to go as I was. We ended up with great seats right down in the middle, 108 first row.

Dälek sucked, just gonna get that out of the way. I listened to some of their studio material on Youtube before and loved it, and unfortunately none of that really translated well into a live environment. Industrial soundscapes are big components of their music, but there was absolutely no subtlety or dynamic to their set and so all I heard was the same overpowering KRRRRRSSSSSHHHHH for like 30 minutes. The beat never switched up, the vocals got buried in the mix and the only thing I heard was when the guy got pissed at the audience and said ''you motherfuckers don't know real hiphop'' or something like that. Whatever. I try to be courteous to supporting acts but its hard to do when they're boring you to death and giving you a headache. Would have liked to hear Wovenhand instead.

House lights go dark, "think for yourself... question authority" comes on. Timothy Leary's face on the screens behind the stage. Crowd goes nuts. The mix was perfect throughout the whole show. I was expecting it to be terrible if the supporting act was an indication but Maynard's vocals were loud and upfront. And honestly, he sounded fucking fantastic on every single song. Hit every note and sounded really powerful and crystal clear. I was surprised!

Really happy they played Eon Blue Apocalypse & The Patient. I was expecting we would lose those for Intension & Right In Two (which I also would have loved) after the second night of Red Rocks, but I guess that was a special switch up just for them. No complaints from me though.

Funny thing happened in Lateralus, during the part near the end where Adam riffs solo (right before the breakdown where Maynard sings ''with my feet...''). Adam played the 3x riff and then the 4th one cut short like normal, and then the stage lights went dark and everyone was expecting all the instruments to come back in. Dark silence for about 3 seconds. ''Hahaha!'' Maynard laughs at everyone and then the song roars back and the stage lights come back on. I loved that. Was also funny after Dälek came out and guested during the jam, Maynard walked back to his microphone and then had an ''oh shit'' moment, raced down the riser to the stage, grabbed his wine bottle and ran back before his part came on.

Gonna have to agree with the others, the show was incredible but my only complaint would be its not enough. I guess I would have watched them for six hours if it were up to me, but I wish they would kick it up a notch and throw another two or three songs into the setlist. Minus Adam's small fuckup during 46&2 (no big deal) the entire band was in perfect form the whole night. They could have kept that momentum going a little while more. Oh well.

I'm really happy that I got to see them and overall the show still met and then exceeded my expectations. Thanks to Junior too, the light show was incredible.

Last edited by nembutals; 07-02-2010 at 08:11 AM..
Old 07-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #15

My first time seeing the band perform live, and it was fucking phenomenal. Took my little brother who was just as excited to go as I was. We ended up with great seats right down in the middle, 108 first row.

Dälek sucked, just gonna get that out of the way. I listened to some of their studio material on Youtube before and loved it, and unfortunately none of that really translated well into a live environment. Industrial soundscapes are big components of their music, but there was absolutely no subtlety or dynamic to their set and so all I heard was the same overpowering KRRRRRSSSSSHHHHH for like 30 minutes. The beat never switched up, the vocals got buried in the mix and the only thing I heard was when the guy got pissed at the audience and said ''you motherfuckers don't know real hiphop'' or something like that. Whatever. I try to be courteous to supporting acts but its hard to do when they're boring you to death and giving you a headache. Would have liked to hear Wovenhand instead.

House lights go dark, "think for yourself... question authority" comes on. Timothy Leary's face on the screens behind the stage. Crowd goes nuts. The mix was perfect throughout the whole show. I was expecting it to be terrible if the supporting act was an indication but Maynard's vocals were loud and upfront. And honestly, he sounded fucking fantastic on every single song. Hit every note and sounded really powerful and crystal clear. I was surprised!

Really happy they played Eon Blue Apocalypse & The Patient. I was expecting we would lose those for Intension & Right In Two (which I also would have loved) after the second night of Red Rocks, but I guess that was a special switch up just for them. No complaints from me though.

Funny thing happened in Lateralus, during the part near the end where Adam riffs solo (right before the breakdown where Maynard sings ''with my feet...''). Adam played the 3x riff and then the 4th one cut short like normal, and then the stage lights went dark and everyone was expecting all the instruments to come back in. Dark silence for about 3 seconds. ''Hahaha!'' Maynard laughs at everyone and then the song roars back and the stage lights come back on. I loved that. Was also funny after Dälek came out and guested during the jam, Maynard walked back to his microphone and then had an ''oh shit'' moment, raced down the riser to the stage, grabbed his wine bottle and ran back before his part came on.

Gonna have to agree with the others, the show was incredible but my only complaint would be its not enough. I guess I would have watched them for six hours if it were up to me, but I wish they would kick it up a notch and throw another two or three songs into the setlist. Minus Adam's small fuckup during 46&2 (no big deal) the entire band was in perfect form the whole night. They could have kept that momentum going a little while more. Oh well.

I'm really happy that I got to see them and overall the show still met and then exceeded my expectations. Thanks to Junior too, the light show was incredible.

Last edited by nembutals; 07-02-2010 at 08:11 AM..
OFFLINE |  
J Morrison's Avatar J Morrison
07-02-2010, 08:48 AM

[Was also funny after Dälek came out and guested during the jam, Maynard walked back to his microphone and then had an ''oh shit'' moment, raced down the riser to the stage, grabbed his wine bottle and ran back before his part came on.]

He told Dalek to take the bottle after they pulled off it but they must not of heard him, so he watched them walk off the stage, shrugged, and ran down to grab it, as to not waste it was my take..... funny.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

[Was also funny after Dälek came out and guested during the jam, Maynard walked back to his microphone and then had an ''oh shit'' moment, raced down the riser to the stage, grabbed his wine bottle and ran back before his part came on.]

He told Dalek to take the bottle after they pulled off it but they must not of heard him, so he watched them walk off the stage, shrugged, and ran down to grab it, as to not waste it was my take..... funny.
07-02-2010, 08:55 AM

Hmm maybe that Red Rocks show just was special I was eager to see reviews of the next show from people who experienced the same feelings I did. I wanted to write though about everyone wanting more songs. First of all I think this is the best setlist they have had in a decade. Don't forget that some of the songs are extended. I like the "Danny going crazy" song extensions personally. Also not sure if you guys got that crazy 10 minute "intermission" with all the geometrical patterns and spinning blue thing. Without all that they could add 3 songs I suppose but I think they are aiming to make the show more of an experience now.......For me it was the best experience i've ever had :)
Old 07-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Hmm maybe that Red Rocks show just was special I was eager to see reviews of the next show from people who experienced the same feelings I did. I wanted to write though about everyone wanting more songs. First of all I think this is the best setlist they have had in a decade. Don't forget that some of the songs are extended. I like the "Danny going crazy" song extensions personally. Also not sure if you guys got that crazy 10 minute "intermission" with all the geometrical patterns and spinning blue thing. Without all that they could add 3 songs I suppose but I think they are aiming to make the show more of an experience now.......For me it was the best experience i've ever had :)
07-02-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nembutals View Post
Funny thing happened in Lateralus, during the part near the end where Adam riffs solo (right before the breakdown where Maynard sings ''with my feet...''). Adam played the 3x riff and then the 4th one cut short like normal, and then the stage lights went dark and everyone was expecting all the instruments to come back in. Dark silence for about 3 seconds. ''Hahaha!'' Maynard laughs at everyone and then the song roars back and the stage lights come back on.
Completely forgot about this. it was great! Also the extensions on Stinkfist and Schism were awesome, was hoping they'd do those.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nembutals View Post
Funny thing happened in Lateralus, during the part near the end where Adam riffs solo (right before the breakdown where Maynard sings ''with my feet...''). Adam played the 3x riff and then the 4th one cut short like normal, and then the stage lights went dark and everyone was expecting all the instruments to come back in. Dark silence for about 3 seconds. ''Hahaha!'' Maynard laughs at everyone and then the song roars back and the stage lights come back on.
Completely forgot about this. it was great! Also the extensions on Stinkfist and Schism were awesome, was hoping they'd do those.
07-02-2010, 09:27 AM

What a fucking show. Seeing Third Eye live was a dream come true that has been 10+ years in the making. I was hoping to finally see Right In Two live, but fuck it. That'll have to wait until the next time that Tool melts my fucking face off I suppose.

I picked up the limited edition poster and then ended up buying a signed copy as well. Because of that I've got an extra (unsigned) poster for sale. If anybody's interested PM me.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

What a fucking show. Seeing Third Eye live was a dream come true that has been 10+ years in the making. I was hoping to finally see Right In Two live, but fuck it. That'll have to wait until the next time that Tool melts my fucking face off I suppose.

I picked up the limited edition poster and then ended up buying a signed copy as well. Because of that I've got an extra (unsigned) poster for sale. If anybody's interested PM me.
OFFLINE |  
the_shrike29's Avatar the_shrike29
07-02-2010, 09:41 AM

Amazing show as always from the boys.

Third Eye and Intolerance were highlights, of course, but Aenema really delivered last night. Better than I have heard it the last few shows.

The new lights and visuals were great.

Didn't think I was gonna like the chairs on the floor, but it actually was alright; the people around me were moving and grooving and nobody left.

The sound was excellent, except for Justin: maybe just a bit too quiet?

Hope they tour again with the new album!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Amazing show as always from the boys.

Third Eye and Intolerance were highlights, of course, but Aenema really delivered last night. Better than I have heard it the last few shows.

The new lights and visuals were great.

Didn't think I was gonna like the chairs on the floor, but it actually was alright; the people around me were moving and grooving and nobody left.

The sound was excellent, except for Justin: maybe just a bit too quiet?

Hope they tour again with the new album!
imatoolhed's Avatar imatoolhed
07-02-2010, 09:56 AM

one word... EPIC
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
Old 07-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #21
Member Of The Bored (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 11897

one word... EPIC
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
OFFLINE |  
AEnimaTOOLer's Avatar AEnimaTOOLer
07-02-2010, 10:01 AM

If anyone is going to lie and say that they appreciated Dälek as an opening band because TOOL picked them so they must have some sort of good qualities is flat out lying. These jokers were horrible. I dont care if you like rap/hip hop/rock, whatever, they were terrible. They had zero talent in any department.

TOOL on the other hand was spectacular. I've seen them 5 times now dating all the way back to the first show of the Lateralus tour. This one ranks right up there towards the top. Third Eye was fantastic and sometimes I forget just how hard The Patient can rock. We had seats up in the top section which was actually pretty awesome. Every other show I've been to I have sat down low so the lazers were above me. Multiple times we were actually above the lazers this show which was a completely different experience. Awesome show, the boys were cohesive and in one word: On. There were On last night. Fantastic. Finish up the tour and crank out that album now would ya?
Old 07-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

If anyone is going to lie and say that they appreciated Dälek as an opening band because TOOL picked them so they must have some sort of good qualities is flat out lying. These jokers were horrible. I dont care if you like rap/hip hop/rock, whatever, they were terrible. They had zero talent in any department.

TOOL on the other hand was spectacular. I've seen them 5 times now dating all the way back to the first show of the Lateralus tour. This one ranks right up there towards the top. Third Eye was fantastic and sometimes I forget just how hard The Patient can rock. We had seats up in the top section which was actually pretty awesome. Every other show I've been to I have sat down low so the lazers were above me. Multiple times we were actually above the lazers this show which was a completely different experience. Awesome show, the boys were cohesive and in one word: On. There were On last night. Fantastic. Finish up the tour and crank out that album now would ya?
OFFLINE |  
Muskeg's Avatar Muskeg
07-02-2010, 11:02 AM

Old 07-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

OFFLINE |  
the_shrike29's Avatar the_shrike29
07-02-2010, 11:46 AM

another good write up:

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/97637994.html?elr=KArksD:aDyaEP:kD:aUt:aDyaEP:kD:a UiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

and a terrible write up, but hey, its the City Pages so what do you expect? - good photos, though:

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2010/07/tool_at_xcel_71.php
Old 07-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #24
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

another good write up:

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/97637994.html?elr=KArksD:aDyaEP:kD:aUt:aDyaEP:kD:a UiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

and a terrible write up, but hey, its the City Pages so what do you expect? - good photos, though:

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2010/07/tool_at_xcel_71.php
SMEPman
07-02-2010, 01:36 PM

It was fantastic to see Third Eye and The Patient live. The rest of the set list was just sort of a "best of" for me.

I believe Justin was doing something on his bass just prior to Lateralus that made the concrete under my feet shake and my nut sack buzz. Nice improv.

Some douche behind us puked toward the end of the show and security threw some cherry quick dry or something on it. Other than that, it was a hell of a good time.

Saw them in 2008 and liked the concert a bit better because they were touring on 10KD which, to me, made it a bit more novel. But I'll always spend the money to see them cause no one in music today can do what they can do.

Floor, row 26.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 41

It was fantastic to see Third Eye and The Patient live. The rest of the set list was just sort of a "best of" for me.

I believe Justin was doing something on his bass just prior to Lateralus that made the concrete under my feet shake and my nut sack buzz. Nice improv.

Some douche behind us puked toward the end of the show and security threw some cherry quick dry or something on it. Other than that, it was a hell of a good time.

Saw them in 2008 and liked the concert a bit better because they were touring on 10KD which, to me, made it a bit more novel. But I'll always spend the money to see them cause no one in music today can do what they can do.

Floor, row 26.
07-02-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEnimaTOOLer View Post

I effing LOVE Dälek, I am bummed it looks like their last day of the TOOL tour is July 6th, so I won't get to see them in Seattle, though I admit their sound probably SUCKS in an Arena anyways, check them out in a club if you ever get the chance, EPIC!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEnimaTOOLer View Post

I effing LOVE Dälek, I am bummed it looks like their last day of the TOOL tour is July 6th, so I won't get to see them in Seattle, though I admit their sound probably SUCKS in an Arena anyways, check them out in a club if you ever get the chance, EPIC!
OFFLINE |  
nicolinaz
07-02-2010, 05:16 PM

lol...cool reveiws...funny how everyone lets lose their feelings....the WoRdS...like I so did not get enough of

"a fix...just one more fix...to sustain this incureable state....just one more hit...to subdue my intentions....what you have over me.....one more...just one more..."

just WoRdS.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

lol...cool reveiws...funny how everyone lets lose their feelings....the WoRdS...like I so did not get enough of

"a fix...just one more fix...to sustain this incureable state....just one more hit...to subdue my intentions....what you have over me.....one more...just one more..."

just WoRdS.
OFFLINE |  
La-Z-Boy
07-02-2010, 07:12 PM

This was the first Tool show I've been to and I was blown away. Music and visuals were great, though the animated Undertow cover during "Intolerance" struck me as a little corny, IMHO. I did not care much for "Vicarious," but hearing it live seems to have changed my opinion of it for the better.

I felt the choice of songs was good, though I'd have liked it if they had played "Pushit" or "Parabola."

Minuses: I did not care for Dalek at all. I also did not like the fact that the girl sitting next to me stuck her cell phone out within my field of vision so she could record parts of the performance, nor the fact that one of Maynard's backing vocalists sat directly behind me (Strangely, this sort of thing did not bother me at all during "Aenema," when what seems like the entire audience did it).

However, these problems were all eclipsed by the band's sheer awesomeness. I look forward to seeing Tool again. :-)

Quote:
Setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46&2
Lateralus
Aenema
I hate to nitpick, but IIRC, wasn't "(-) ions" in there somewhere towards the beginning?

Last edited by La-Z-Boy; 07-02-2010 at 07:27 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

This was the first Tool show I've been to and I was blown away. Music and visuals were great, though the animated Undertow cover during "Intolerance" struck me as a little corny, IMHO. I did not care much for "Vicarious," but hearing it live seems to have changed my opinion of it for the better.

I felt the choice of songs was good, though I'd have liked it if they had played "Pushit" or "Parabola."

Minuses: I did not care for Dalek at all. I also did not like the fact that the girl sitting next to me stuck her cell phone out within my field of vision so she could record parts of the performance, nor the fact that one of Maynard's backing vocalists sat directly behind me (Strangely, this sort of thing did not bother me at all during "Aenema," when what seems like the entire audience did it).

However, these problems were all eclipsed by the band's sheer awesomeness. I look forward to seeing Tool again. :-)

Quote:
Setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46&2
Lateralus
Aenema
I hate to nitpick, but IIRC, wasn't "(-) ions" in there somewhere towards the beginning?

Last edited by La-Z-Boy; 07-02-2010 at 07:27 PM..
OFFLINE |  
nembutals
07-02-2010, 07:32 PM

They played (-) Ions as the intro to Stinkfist.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #29

They played (-) Ions as the intro to Stinkfist.
OFFLINE |  
xmrxwilx
07-02-2010, 09:32 PM

Amazing show.. Maynard was his normal hilarious, which in my opinion explains Dalek.. like i told my friend, he probably told them to explect some hate as they'd probably be playing for a huge crowd and only a hand full of people who would enjoy them. But heres my question.. did anyone catch what maynard was playing with.. the on going joke was he was pulling his phone out of his back pocket and was texting through out the show, which would be great.. oh and i also thought about it while trying to figure out the opnening act.. he is getting into pretty heavy there with puscifer the whole DUB remixing, and maybe some hardcores will say it has no place in tool, but with all in maynard, all is well. And did anyone else catch if maynard was wearing a gun holster? i know his ATF kick is all good with his wine drinking, but just wanting to make sure what i saw was right, and only to see while waiting in line the sign saying the ban of guns except for having an ok by the building, i know it was just chance the two went together in my eyes but i thought it was great thing to notice. Sorry, just love MJK and all his love and ability to f**k with everyone who loves him like we all do knowing we will always pay out last dollar to come back for more.. i know damned well i will.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Amazing show.. Maynard was his normal hilarious, which in my opinion explains Dalek.. like i told my friend, he probably told them to explect some hate as they'd probably be playing for a huge crowd and only a hand full of people who would enjoy them. But heres my question.. did anyone catch what maynard was playing with.. the on going joke was he was pulling his phone out of his back pocket and was texting through out the show, which would be great.. oh and i also thought about it while trying to figure out the opnening act.. he is getting into pretty heavy there with puscifer the whole DUB remixing, and maybe some hardcores will say it has no place in tool, but with all in maynard, all is well. And did anyone else catch if maynard was wearing a gun holster? i know his ATF kick is all good with his wine drinking, but just wanting to make sure what i saw was right, and only to see while waiting in line the sign saying the ban of guns except for having an ok by the building, i know it was just chance the two went together in my eyes but i thought it was great thing to notice. Sorry, just love MJK and all his love and ability to f**k with everyone who loves him like we all do knowing we will always pay out last dollar to come back for more.. i know damned well i will.
OFFLINE |  
Tipharet
07-02-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festo View Post
I find it amazing that I have not read one review yet from a poster who is not even remotely familiar with Dalek. Its closed minded comments like the above that just makes you seem like an ass to those who know Dalek -- or in any case all the great opening bands Tool have had over the years for the matter.

I suggest you get abandoned language and give it a listen.

Lol Tool fans cant handle new and unfamiliar music -- oh the irony.

Last edited by Tipharet; 07-02-2010 at 09:46 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festo View Post
I find it amazing that I have not read one review yet from a poster who is not even remotely familiar with Dalek. Its closed minded comments like the above that just makes you seem like an ass to those who know Dalek -- or in any case all the great opening bands Tool have had over the years for the matter.

I suggest you get abandoned language and give it a listen.

Lol Tool fans cant handle new and unfamiliar music -- oh the irony.

Last edited by Tipharet; 07-02-2010 at 09:46 PM..
OFFLINE |  
ravener
07-02-2010, 10:40 PM

Does anyone know what Dalek's setlist was? I would like to check them out, only song I can put my finger on is Paragraphs Relentless. I believe they played it, the driving bass sounds familiar even though I may have been getting a drink during it... heh.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #32
Level 3 - Talker

Does anyone know what Dalek's setlist was? I would like to check them out, only song I can put my finger on is Paragraphs Relentless. I believe they played it, the driving bass sounds familiar even though I may have been getting a drink during it... heh.
OFFLINE |  
Matth
07-02-2010, 10:51 PM

For people who listen to such wonderfully progressive, mind-bending, uplifting and heavily intellectual music it's amazing how close minded and short sighted most of you are.

Tipharet is correct. Tool has *always* brought along amazing acts that surprise and impress. But the crowd has always been the same. If it isn't blasting on the Walrusboner's AMAZING DRIVE TIME FM BASH or being pushed on MTV or whatever is on television these days, you assholes want nothing to do with it.

People never even give the opening band a chance. It happened with the Melvins, Fantomas, Meshuggah, Tomahawk, Tricky, ISIS, Big Business, Melt Banana, Kinski, Wovenhand and now Dalek. They're trying to introduce you to influences *they* have. Music that *they* like. Friends of theirs. Again, for people that claim to have so much reverence and respect for this band, you give not one thing a chance.

That being said, I enjoyed Dalek. I've seen their name on the Ipecac site and on various tour bills before but never followed through with checking them out. I definitely will now, and would suggest so for anyone willing to broaden their musical horizons.

As for the four we're all here to see, they seem to be hitting their stride in the tour. I've only been able to catch this and the St. Charles MO show this time around, so my perspective is a bit narrow. However, I'm hoping they're able to take this momentum into the studio and bestow one more masterpiece upon us before they decide to call it a career.

I can understand how bands don't stay together; People grow, change, and move into different directions in their lives. Just like we do. But even 16 years after hearing my first Tool album, they're still able to move my mind and jar my emotions unlike any other musicians and performers I've been able to see in my brief life. If you haven't been able to make this tour, I would strongly suggest you do what you can to make it.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

For people who listen to such wonderfully progressive, mind-bending, uplifting and heavily intellectual music it's amazing how close minded and short sighted most of you are.

Tipharet is correct. Tool has *always* brought along amazing acts that surprise and impress. But the crowd has always been the same. If it isn't blasting on the Walrusboner's AMAZING DRIVE TIME FM BASH or being pushed on MTV or whatever is on television these days, you assholes want nothing to do with it.

People never even give the opening band a chance. It happened with the Melvins, Fantomas, Meshuggah, Tomahawk, Tricky, ISIS, Big Business, Melt Banana, Kinski, Wovenhand and now Dalek. They're trying to introduce you to influences *they* have. Music that *they* like. Friends of theirs. Again, for people that claim to have so much reverence and respect for this band, you give not one thing a chance.

That being said, I enjoyed Dalek. I've seen their name on the Ipecac site and on various tour bills before but never followed through with checking them out. I definitely will now, and would suggest so for anyone willing to broaden their musical horizons.

As for the four we're all here to see, they seem to be hitting their stride in the tour. I've only been able to catch this and the St. Charles MO show this time around, so my perspective is a bit narrow. However, I'm hoping they're able to take this momentum into the studio and bestow one more masterpiece upon us before they decide to call it a career.

I can understand how bands don't stay together; People grow, change, and move into different directions in their lives. Just like we do. But even 16 years after hearing my first Tool album, they're still able to move my mind and jar my emotions unlike any other musicians and performers I've been able to see in my brief life. If you haven't been able to make this tour, I would strongly suggest you do what you can to make it.
OFFLINE |  
nicolinaz
07-03-2010, 04:51 AM

Isis has got to be onea the better openers they have had.....though I cant say much only seen'em 3 times & 2 outta the 3 isis was the opener...just thought it went well, style...some more punk band one other time fine but just did not go with tool. Isis though has become a band I enjoy now really well done & their ages i thonk they are mid 20s or were talent for their age....their mature sound usually you have to wait till their 30s or so to get that. wouldn't mind seeing them again. The lyrics & such sounds edumacated....being a history buff & always have had this fasanation with the whole Babalonion feel...went well especially with tools whole lateralues album feel goes well....since the dawn of man....

this is your brain on music.

to thonk i was such an add-er as a kid I wrote music & played keys, drums, violin a bit....there was just too much SENSE'S I also wrote *was published in grade 4, short story* & did art...was going to classes at the Uni in elementary specially picked....ta thonk all that potential & I still dunno what I wanna be when I grow up.....34 & still I dont fucking know...

anyways rambeling now...great reveiws dudes.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:51 AM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

Isis has got to be onea the better openers they have had.....though I cant say much only seen'em 3 times & 2 outta the 3 isis was the opener...just thought it went well, style...some more punk band one other time fine but just did not go with tool. Isis though has become a band I enjoy now really well done & their ages i thonk they are mid 20s or were talent for their age....their mature sound usually you have to wait till their 30s or so to get that. wouldn't mind seeing them again. The lyrics & such sounds edumacated....being a history buff & always have had this fasanation with the whole Babalonion feel...went well especially with tools whole lateralues album feel goes well....since the dawn of man....

this is your brain on music.

to thonk i was such an add-er as a kid I wrote music & played keys, drums, violin a bit....there was just too much SENSE'S I also wrote *was published in grade 4, short story* & did art...was going to classes at the Uni in elementary specially picked....ta thonk all that potential & I still dunno what I wanna be when I grow up.....34 & still I dont fucking know...

anyways rambeling now...great reveiws dudes.
OFFLINE |  
nembutals
07-03-2010, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post

How is the weather up on that pedestal?

Like I said, I enjoyed their studio material but their live set was fucking bad. I'm not gonna lie just to sound polite.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:56 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post

How is the weather up on that pedestal?

Like I said, I enjoyed their studio material but their live set was fucking bad. I'm not gonna lie just to sound polite.
OFFLINE |  
jmkees1's Avatar jmkees1
07-03-2010, 06:03 AM

[QUOTE=Matth;2923898]
"People never even give the opening band a chance. It happened with the Melvins, Fantomas, Meshuggah, Tomahawk, Tricky, ISIS, Big Business, Melt Banana, Kinski, Wovenhand and now Dalek. They're trying to introduce you to influences *they* have. Music that *they* like. Friends of theirs. Again, for people that claim to have so much reverence and respect for this band, you give not one thing a chance."

I think people do give the opening act a chance, especially when they open for a band like Tool. However, when all you can hear is a bunch of bass, feedback, and a guy that sounds like a sh!t salesman with a mouthfull of samples, it's a little hard to even think about giving them a chance. I didn't like ISIS, and I really do like Big Business. I think most people here, including me, understand dalek must have some ability, and it is definately a different style, or they wouldn't likely be allowed to share the same stage with Tool. Should also keep in mind, as far as I know, the sound equipment isn't the same quality that Tool uses, I could be wrong. I highly doubt these opening acts are there because the record label wanted them!

Last edited by jmkees1; 07-03-2010 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: I guess I don't know how to reply and add a quote!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:03 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

[QUOTE=Matth;2923898]
"People never even give the opening band a chance. It happened with the Melvins, Fantomas, Meshuggah, Tomahawk, Tricky, ISIS, Big Business, Melt Banana, Kinski, Wovenhand and now Dalek. They're trying to introduce you to influences *they* have. Music that *they* like. Friends of theirs. Again, for people that claim to have so much reverence and respect for this band, you give not one thing a chance."

I think people do give the opening act a chance, especially when they open for a band like Tool. However, when all you can hear is a bunch of bass, feedback, and a guy that sounds like a sh!t salesman with a mouthfull of samples, it's a little hard to even think about giving them a chance. I didn't like ISIS, and I really do like Big Business. I think most people here, including me, understand dalek must have some ability, and it is definately a different style, or they wouldn't likely be allowed to share the same stage with Tool. Should also keep in mind, as far as I know, the sound equipment isn't the same quality that Tool uses, I could be wrong. I highly doubt these opening acts are there because the record label wanted them!

Last edited by jmkees1; 07-03-2010 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: I guess I don't know how to reply and add a quote!
OFFLINE |  
nicolinaz
07-03-2010, 06:21 AM

I dunno but ISIS w/ their hard metal voice yet flow-Y sound is good....pour moi that hardcore metal voice gives me a headach in my old age but with'em you just get a tease-ING of it...with deep rooted contemplate-able lyrics....so few yet thonk-ABLE....raw...."like a raw steak to a thought....blood please....*other personality*...yet 'tis cooked, srsly....listen....flows dont it matured sound, no? 'tis cooked.....RAW....* back again*....hunger...blood please....no cooked...*again*....WHAaaa 'tis RAW...."

awsome.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:21 AM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

I dunno but ISIS w/ their hard metal voice yet flow-Y sound is good....pour moi that hardcore metal voice gives me a headach in my old age but with'em you just get a tease-ING of it...with deep rooted contemplate-able lyrics....so few yet thonk-ABLE....raw...."like a raw steak to a thought....blood please....*other personality*...yet 'tis cooked, srsly....listen....flows dont it matured sound, no? 'tis cooked.....RAW....* back again*....hunger...blood please....no cooked...*again*....WHAaaa 'tis RAW...."

awsome.
OFFLINE |  
dmoreau3000
07-03-2010, 09:00 AM

I didnt go to this show but I was at the New Orleans show on the June 19th. It was phenominal to say the least. About Dalek, I obviously didnt hear them live but from all the comments they were probably terrible live. I did however check out their studio stuff and it is actually pretty bad ass. Tool introduced me to isis and meshugga(?) who i really like, especially isis. Kinski is pretty cool, trans am has some good songs but are a little too avant gard for my taste. The point is, Tool is going to introduce you too different bands they like or think are interesting. Just because you like tool it doesnt mean you are going to love every band that opens for them. Or maybe they pick bands to open for them that they think will make them sound even better!, haha.
Anyway, I used to be the kid moshing in the pit and never realized the awesome songs I heard them play until now when i have gone back and looked at old set lists. Enjoy Tool while you can, there next tour may be the last one we will get to experience. Hopefully some of these new groups they bring along will take the reigns and take us further into that place where everything makes sense. IMO, Tool picked up where Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd left off beautifully. It's almost time for somebody else to step up to the plate.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

I didnt go to this show but I was at the New Orleans show on the June 19th. It was phenominal to say the least. About Dalek, I obviously didnt hear them live but from all the comments they were probably terrible live. I did however check out their studio stuff and it is actually pretty bad ass. Tool introduced me to isis and meshugga(?) who i really like, especially isis. Kinski is pretty cool, trans am has some good songs but are a little too avant gard for my taste. The point is, Tool is going to introduce you too different bands they like or think are interesting. Just because you like tool it doesnt mean you are going to love every band that opens for them. Or maybe they pick bands to open for them that they think will make them sound even better!, haha.
Anyway, I used to be the kid moshing in the pit and never realized the awesome songs I heard them play until now when i have gone back and looked at old set lists. Enjoy Tool while you can, there next tour may be the last one we will get to experience. Hopefully some of these new groups they bring along will take the reigns and take us further into that place where everything makes sense. IMO, Tool picked up where Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd left off beautifully. It's almost time for somebody else to step up to the plate.
OFFLINE |  
Lerd88
07-03-2010, 09:18 AM

I had 2 women behind me taking flash photos with their cellphone and talking about going to the bar during the entire first half of the patient(waited about 8 years now to hear this song). They then loudly mocked my group for being "all amazed by "it"" after asking them to quiet down a little, and then eventually their brofriend vomited all over our seats and had to leave. This was still the best night of my life! Also random bucket drummer outside after the show you kicked serious ass.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

I had 2 women behind me taking flash photos with their cellphone and talking about going to the bar during the entire first half of the patient(waited about 8 years now to hear this song). They then loudly mocked my group for being "all amazed by "it"" after asking them to quiet down a little, and then eventually their brofriend vomited all over our seats and had to leave. This was still the best night of my life! Also random bucket drummer outside after the show you kicked serious ass.
OFFLINE |  
Lerd88
07-03-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoreau3000 View Post
IMO, Tool picked up where Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd left off beautifully. It's almost time for somebody else to step up to the plate.
I recommend you check out the album Amputechture by the mars volta.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoreau3000 View Post
IMO, Tool picked up where Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd left off beautifully. It's almost time for somebody else to step up to the plate.
I recommend you check out the album Amputechture by the mars volta.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply