opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Stinkfist
User Name
Password
Old 12-13-2002, 12:13 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
my thoughts

when i watched this video with out ever reading any of the band members thoughts on the song, this is what i thought.
when i saw that piece on his back i thought that it was symbolic of knowledge, of something thats right infront of you your whole life, but you chose to ignore it(putting it in the glass jar) because of the responsibility it may bring, or the pain. and the song says"this may hurt a little but its something you'll get used to" and "finger deep within the borderline" this illustrates to me the line you cross when you decide to look at the world for what it is, to question your everyday thoughts and ambitions, to question your society. in general, what happened to me the first time i did acid.
later on in the video after he stuck through it(my memory is foggy but he also had a set of nails infront of him and he picks one to swallow which i interpreted as deciding to cross that "line" and in turn it protrudes through his gut, and again "this may hurt a little but...") and everything is washed and beautiful, he feels better and its something hes seemed to "get used to" and he no longer puts "it" in a jar. its a piece of him and hes let it grow and he has fully accepted it.
those are just my thoughts. and i eventually found out that its not to far away from the intended message of the song:a man who embraced life head on.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: