Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 10. Right in Two
User Name
Password
Bill_Hix's Avatar Bill_Hix
04-20-2006, 06:16 PM

Yeah dude, the riffs are a lot alike and the tabla and everything. 10kdays contains every tool idea and speeds up the evolution of song structure and everything x120.

But I think it's like a pushit 2, it's at least similiar.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:16 PM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1411
Pushit II?

Yeah dude, the riffs are a lot alike and the tabla and everything. 10kdays contains every tool idea and speeds up the evolution of song structure and everything x120.

But I think it's like a pushit 2, it's at least similiar.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Systolic
04-20-2006, 06:18 PM

Thats what grabbed me too.

Its quite a nice song.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862
Re: Pushit II?

Thats what grabbed me too.

Its quite a nice song.
04-21-2006, 03:49 PM

The riff the bass plays towards the end reminds me of Pushit> Pushit was my favorite tool song for a time.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

The riff the bass plays towards the end reminds me of Pushit> Pushit was my favorite tool song for a time.
04-21-2006, 08:21 PM

Pushit has a GREAT vocal showcase ( do I need to say how awesome and ahead of the time the music was? )

Yes This song sounds alot like it, but singing is an instrument, and this song lacks in that department. sorry I said it. it's like playing a few notes on a wind instrument, not really blasting them out at all, just doo doo dee duum.

Pushit *is* awesome.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
On Probation

Bincount™: 2

Pushit has a GREAT vocal showcase ( do I need to say how awesome and ahead of the time the music was? )

Yes This song sounds alot like it, but singing is an instrument, and this song lacks in that department. sorry I said it. it's like playing a few notes on a wind instrument, not really blasting them out at all, just doo doo dee duum.

Pushit *is* awesome.
WrenchFan
04-22-2006, 02:51 PM

This song's intro sounds so similar to Salival version of Pushit I don't even consider it any different -- a very slight variation of the intro riff. Then, also the mentioned tabla...
Old 04-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

This song's intro sounds so similar to Salival version of Pushit I don't even consider it any different -- a very slight variation of the intro riff. Then, also the mentioned tabla...
Ancalagon
04-22-2006, 03:55 PM

I like this song, but, after lots of thought, I have decided that Pushit is vastly superior.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #6
On Probation

I like this song, but, after lots of thought, I have decided that Pushit is vastly superior.
macfreak's Avatar macfreak
04-22-2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSnow

Pushit *is* awesome.
I disagree, this song vocals are awesome i think this is Tool at its best...now i agree Pushit is Tool´s best song ever
Old 04-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSnow

Pushit *is* awesome.
I disagree, this song vocals are awesome i think this is Tool at its best...now i agree Pushit is Tool´s best song ever
layersbeyondimagination's Avatar layersbeyondimagination
04-22-2006, 05:23 PM

pushit>>>>>>right in two.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 20

pushit>>>>>>right in two.
PmF
04-23-2006, 08:46 AM

pushit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> right in two.
How could you compare. Pushit is the best song by Tool.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:46 AM   #9
PmF
Level 3 - Talker

pushit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> right in two.
How could you compare. Pushit is the best song by Tool.
Dr. Jake Destructo's Avatar Dr. Jake Destructo
04-23-2006, 04:32 PM

I like Right in Two a lot more than Pushit. I'd call it my current favorite Tool song, definitely.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:32 PM   #10
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I like Right in Two a lot more than Pushit. I'd call it my current favorite Tool song, definitely.
tool/rush/mars
04-24-2006, 05:47 PM

Pushit, DRT, Third Eye are the best TOol songs. While this certainly can't really compare I think it is VERYYYYYYY goood.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #11

Bincount™: 11

Pushit, DRT, Third Eye are the best TOol songs. While this certainly can't really compare I think it is VERYYYYYYY goood.
04-24-2006, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrenchFan
Abso-fucking-lutely. Pushit was awesome from Aenemia, and better from Salival. Not sure about right in two yet, have to listen to it about 50 more times first. But it deffinately has a lot of the same sound as pushit.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:17 PM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrenchFan
Abso-fucking-lutely. Pushit was awesome from Aenemia, and better from Salival. Not sure about right in two yet, have to listen to it about 50 more times first. But it deffinately has a lot of the same sound as pushit.
Stev's Avatar Stev
04-24-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool/rush/mars
Seconded.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:54 PM   #13

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool/rush/mars
Seconded.
1218JAKOB
05-05-2006, 04:21 PM

Consider this....
The lead riff is the Salival version of Pushit......I just picked up the guitar (having played Pushit a million times) and banged out Right in Two with a slight variation in minutes. That given along with the chords that lead into the drum break all scream Pushit way too easily. Either the boys are very lazy or there is a message here. I think what we are being treated to......and I consider it a treat is Tool giving us reference to where they have been much like the Beatles used to do. 10,000 is new material, but in the same token is made to feel familiar by doing this.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Consider this....
The lead riff is the Salival version of Pushit......I just picked up the guitar (having played Pushit a million times) and banged out Right in Two with a slight variation in minutes. That given along with the chords that lead into the drum break all scream Pushit way too easily. Either the boys are very lazy or there is a message here. I think what we are being treated to......and I consider it a treat is Tool giving us reference to where they have been much like the Beatles used to do. 10,000 is new material, but in the same token is made to feel familiar by doing this.
evil agent's Avatar evil agent
05-05-2006, 07:45 PM

Right in Two is VERY similar to the Salival version of Pushit, I agree. But since Pushit is one of my favorite Tool songs, I have no problem with that. I also find that Rosetta Stoned is almost like a Third Eye Pt. 2, which is also just fine by me.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Right in Two is VERY similar to the Salival version of Pushit, I agree. But since Pushit is one of my favorite Tool songs, I have no problem with that. I also find that Rosetta Stoned is almost like a Third Eye Pt. 2, which is also just fine by me.
imatoolhed's Avatar imatoolhed
05-05-2006, 08:03 PM

I'm really digging all the jams on this mutherfucker, At first i compared it to lateralus, but now after some nice long listenings ... no, not at all or anything else they did. i t's just pure tool ya know. I can get what your saying, but listen to it openly ,maybe with headfones, you'll see what i mean .... i hope.
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
Old 05-05-2006, 08:03 PM   #16
Member Of The Bored (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 11897

I'm really digging all the jams on this mutherfucker, At first i compared it to lateralus, but now after some nice long listenings ... no, not at all or anything else they did. i t's just pure tool ya know. I can get what your saying, but listen to it openly ,maybe with headfones, you'll see what i mean .... i hope.
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
neel1234
05-06-2006, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil agent
i can see why many believe that this song sounds similar to pushit (the salival version in particular) especially because of moments such as the percussion used 4 minutes into the track. and i won't criticise that factor at all. but i wouldn't say the two can be compared so easily.

you could say tool are playing on there strengths in this song, thus maybe taking pushit (salival version) to new heights. but how i interpret both songs are completely different and the sounds that come out of each portray a differnet journey. all i will say now, so i don;t bore people and go really into depth about it, is that when listening to right in two i hear a 10,000 days album, and when listening to pushit i hear aenima.

Pushit (salival version) by far my favourite tool track also
Old 05-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #17
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil agent
i can see why many believe that this song sounds similar to pushit (the salival version in particular) especially because of moments such as the percussion used 4 minutes into the track. and i won't criticise that factor at all. but i wouldn't say the two can be compared so easily.

you could say tool are playing on there strengths in this song, thus maybe taking pushit (salival version) to new heights. but how i interpret both songs are completely different and the sounds that come out of each portray a differnet journey. all i will say now, so i don;t bore people and go really into depth about it, is that when listening to right in two i hear a 10,000 days album, and when listening to pushit i hear aenima.

Pushit (salival version) by far my favourite tool track also
neel1234
05-06-2006, 02:54 PM

ignore this. posted last message twice dont know how to delete this post

Last edited by neel1234; 05-06-2006 at 03:01 PM..
Old 05-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

ignore this. posted last message twice dont know how to delete this post

Last edited by neel1234; 05-06-2006 at 03:01 PM..
#Notion's Avatar #Notion
05-06-2006, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Hix
Pushit II?
No.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:15 PM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Hix
Pushit II?
No.
tool25's Avatar tool25
05-06-2006, 03:57 PM

i think it has similarities, both decent songs
Old 05-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #20

Bincount™: 20

i think it has similarities, both decent songs
05-06-2006, 06:05 PM

Push it evolved over years of them playing it. They just created right in two and haven't been playing it long. I am sure that they can create the same magic pushit has in all of their songs if they are passionate about them enough. I pray that another album like Salival will be released with live material and other covers.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Push it evolved over years of them playing it. They just created right in two and haven't been playing it long. I am sure that they can create the same magic pushit has in all of their songs if they are passionate about them enough. I pray that another album like Salival will be released with live material and other covers.
group11's Avatar group11
05-06-2006, 08:28 PM

I think perhaps the most common quality this comparison has is in Tools ability to be patient with their music. They let the "epic" evolve both with in the song and with in the playinf of it on tour. I can't wait for a Salival verson of Right in Two.

Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you. -Jean-Paul Sartre, existential philospher
Old 05-06-2006, 08:28 PM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

I think perhaps the most common quality this comparison has is in Tools ability to be patient with their music. They let the "epic" evolve both with in the song and with in the playinf of it on tour. I can't wait for a Salival verson of Right in Two.

Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you. -Jean-Paul Sartre, existential philospher
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
05-06-2006, 08:30 PM

naw! Its a totally different song with a different feel.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #23
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

naw! Its a totally different song with a different feel.
05-07-2006, 09:20 AM

I hear Pushit Live in the beginning, The Patient in the middle, and 46&2 at the end. Not exactly (like the intro) but the same feel and guitar techniques.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

I hear Pushit Live in the beginning, The Patient in the middle, and 46&2 at the end. Not exactly (like the intro) but the same feel and guitar techniques.
Matt8's Avatar Matt8
05-07-2006, 09:28 AM

i think its a new original tool song. i loves it.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #25
On Probation

Bincount™: 249

i think its a new original tool song. i loves it.
quesati's Avatar quesati
05-07-2006, 10:19 AM

I would agree it's similar, but I don't really like comparing the two.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #26

Bincount™: 1

I would agree it's similar, but I don't really like comparing the two.
05-07-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGod
When talking about art why must people degrad it by saying it is just a mixture of things heard and done before. This music is coming from the same artists that created all of that great music in the past. The band members do evolve and so does their music. You might find a hint of their old stuff in the songs, but if you couldn't then you wouldn't identify with it so much. I hear brand new art from 10,000 Days with a familar hint of vintage tool. Get over comparing this album to the old stuff, enjoy it for what it is.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGod
When talking about art why must people degrad it by saying it is just a mixture of things heard and done before. This music is coming from the same artists that created all of that great music in the past. The band members do evolve and so does their music. You might find a hint of their old stuff in the songs, but if you couldn't then you wouldn't identify with it so much. I hear brand new art from 10,000 Days with a familar hint of vintage tool. Get over comparing this album to the old stuff, enjoy it for what it is.
neel1234
05-07-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhubof
couldn't put it in any better way

Last edited by neel1234; 05-07-2006 at 11:17 AM..
Old 05-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #28
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhubof
couldn't put it in any better way

Last edited by neel1234; 05-07-2006 at 11:17 AM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply