Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
sumsh's Avatar sumsh
05-03-2006, 09:07 AM

I can't find that anyone has mentioned this yet, so I apologize if it has been posted already. The picture immediately following each band member is basically a "close-up" of the previous photo, except for Maynard. The pic after Adam is a pic of what's on the table directly behind him. The pic after Justin is the hawk (or whatever bird he's holding), and the pic after Danny is a close-up of what's on his desk. But the pic after Maynard is the skull/fetus. Just thought I'd point this out. Discuss.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:07 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
My observation

I can't find that anyone has mentioned this yet, so I apologize if it has been posted already. The picture immediately following each band member is basically a "close-up" of the previous photo, except for Maynard. The pic after Adam is a pic of what's on the table directly behind him. The pic after Justin is the hawk (or whatever bird he's holding), and the pic after Danny is a close-up of what's on his desk. But the pic after Maynard is the skull/fetus. Just thought I'd point this out. Discuss.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
seneca77's Avatar seneca77
05-03-2006, 09:11 AM

hmmm, maybe you are onto something. perhaps the skull/fetus is indicitive of the female in the background. others seem to think it looks like his mother. i am not sure.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 762
Re: My observation

hmmm, maybe you are onto something. perhaps the skull/fetus is indicitive of the female in the background. others seem to think it looks like his mother. i am not sure.
05-05-2006, 08:42 AM

*bump*
Old 05-05-2006, 08:42 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

*bump*
Life feeds on life's Avatar Life feeds on life
05-05-2006, 09:36 AM

i noticed that in justins picture there are 11 candles on each table...
reminded me of rosetta stoned which is 11:11...coincidence?
Old 05-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

i noticed that in justins picture there are 11 candles on each table...
reminded me of rosetta stoned which is 11:11...coincidence?
StereoScopicLenses's Avatar StereoScopicLenses
05-05-2006, 09:40 AM

yeah yall are on the right path with that observation. If you go to Toolband.com. BLair has mentioned these photos as kind of a 'puzzle'.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

yeah yall are on the right path with that observation. If you go to Toolband.com. BLair has mentioned these photos as kind of a 'puzzle'.
05-05-2006, 09:42 AM

Hmm. Didn't notice the number of candles, but I always thought it was more than just a coincidence that Rosetta Stoned is 11:11.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Hmm. Didn't notice the number of candles, but I always thought it was more than just a coincidence that Rosetta Stoned is 11:11.
carlylecastle
05-05-2006, 10:28 AM

tool is up to something
Old 05-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

tool is up to something
sumsh's Avatar sumsh
05-05-2006, 10:39 AM

I just took a look at Justin's picture and on the table in front of him, there are 13 candles on the left and 11 candles on the right, for a total of 24. 10,000 Days is 11:13... Also someone mentioned in another thread that there are 24 pins stuck in the dude in that other picture.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:39 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

I just took a look at Justin's picture and on the table in front of him, there are 13 candles on the left and 11 candles on the right, for a total of 24. 10,000 Days is 11:13... Also someone mentioned in another thread that there are 24 pins stuck in the dude in that other picture.
vic1torious's Avatar vic1torious
05-05-2006, 10:42 AM

the alex grey painting that is yellow and purple has a skull with a fetus in it... i bet that has something to do with it

vic1torious
Old 05-05-2006, 10:42 AM   #9

Bincount™: 4

the alex grey painting that is yellow and purple has a skull with a fetus in it... i bet that has something to do with it

vic1torious
uselessidiot
05-05-2006, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumsh
The close-up of the hawk is also a close-up of the hand that sits to Adam's left, so this one is actually taking elements from more than one pic.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
The close-up of the hawk is also a close-up of the hand that sits to Adam's left, so this one is actually taking elements from more than one pic.
05-05-2006, 10:56 AM

the next page after the middle, the one below the hawk, there are 6 designs, then on the next page 5, then 4, 3, 2 and 1. What does that mean?

vic1torious
Old 05-05-2006, 10:56 AM   #11

Bincount™: 4

the next page after the middle, the one below the hawk, there are 6 designs, then on the next page 5, then 4, 3, 2 and 1. What does that mean?

vic1torious
Azathoth23's Avatar Azathoth23
05-05-2006, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Found it.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Found it.
05-05-2006, 12:31 PM

When your looking at the pictures, Do you think the mandalas on the bottom page are pointing to something?
Old 05-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

When your looking at the pictures, Do you think the mandalas on the bottom page are pointing to something?
05-05-2006, 12:43 PM

Quote:
i mentioned there were 24 there
Old 05-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
i mentioned there were 24 there
bivymack
05-05-2006, 02:50 PM

The skull with fetus inside I took to say "brainchild". Just noticed the fetuses (feti?) in the yellow and purple image, good stuff.

On a side note, periodically looking through those eye pieces is seriously fucking up my vision.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

The skull with fetus inside I took to say "brainchild". Just noticed the fetuses (feti?) in the yellow and purple image, good stuff.

On a side note, periodically looking through those eye pieces is seriously fucking up my vision.
teleincision's Avatar teleincision
05-05-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivymack

well, that is the price of being a tool fan....
Old 05-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #16

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivymack

well, that is the price of being a tool fan....

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply