Stinkfst
Vicarious
EBA/Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

Last edited by McRoggles; 06-29-2010 at 09:38 PM..
Old 05-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
06.28.2010 - Denver, CO @ Red Rocks

Reviews only, please.

Setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
Stinkfst
Vicarious
EBA/Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

Last edited by McRoggles; 06-29-2010 at 09:38 PM..
OFFLINE |  
no_name's Avatar no_name
06-28-2010, 06:26 PM

At the venue now. Will update setlist. Woven hand is finishg up as i type. Not too bad. Cant beat red rocks!!

Third Eye!!
Jambi
Stnkfst
Vicarious
Eba/patient
Intolerance
Schism
Laterals
Aenima

Last edited by no_name; 06-28-2010 at 08:58 PM..
Old 06-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Re: 06.28.2010 - Denver, CO @ Red Rocks

At the venue now. Will update setlist. Woven hand is finishg up as i type. Not too bad. Cant beat red rocks!!

Third Eye!!
Jambi
Stnkfst
Vicarious
Eba/patient
Intolerance
Schism
Laterals
Aenima

Last edited by no_name; 06-28-2010 at 08:58 PM..
OFFLINE |  
toddjohnson
06-28-2010, 10:17 PM

Just got back from the show.....this was my 7th. Great show like usual and very tight all around. Setlist is as stated above and Maynard basically said the same things I read on the previous weeks posts. I was smart and held out from reading the prior setlists before tonight because being surprised by the opening of third eye made the concert. Maynard was drinking from a wine bottle most of the night, and also took out his cell phone to record Danny, Justin and Adam during their solos (which i find ironic because how strict their rules on no cameras/cell phones are). The band still puts on a great show but I still feel like Maynard is either cashing it in or isn't as into it as he used to be. I much prefer the Maynard of 10 years ago when he was painting half of his body blue or at least something creative instead of shorts a t-shirt and a hat. Other than that complaint the band still seemed more into it than the last time they were in Denver at Mile High Music Festival.

Great setlist, great show, well worth the money.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Just got back from the show.....this was my 7th. Great show like usual and very tight all around. Setlist is as stated above and Maynard basically said the same things I read on the previous weeks posts. I was smart and held out from reading the prior setlists before tonight because being surprised by the opening of third eye made the concert. Maynard was drinking from a wine bottle most of the night, and also took out his cell phone to record Danny, Justin and Adam during their solos (which i find ironic because how strict their rules on no cameras/cell phones are). The band still puts on a great show but I still feel like Maynard is either cashing it in or isn't as into it as he used to be. I much prefer the Maynard of 10 years ago when he was painting half of his body blue or at least something creative instead of shorts a t-shirt and a hat. Other than that complaint the band still seemed more into it than the last time they were in Denver at Mile High Music Festival.

Great setlist, great show, well worth the money.
OFFLINE |  
Cornbread's Avatar Cornbread
06-28-2010, 10:29 PM

I've been waiting for tool to play red rocks for so long! Amazing show! And the moon was pretty, too. And what a lucky little kid to get to hang out onstage! Jealous ;)
Old 06-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

I've been waiting for tool to play red rocks for so long! Amazing show! And the moon was pretty, too. And what a lucky little kid to get to hang out onstage! Jealous ;)
OFFLINE |  
Enlightened One's Avatar Enlightened One
06-29-2010, 12:07 AM

So, thanks to some really cool people, I got to go to this show tonight and it was wonderful. Tool really did an amazing job tonight. Much better than the other shows that I saw in '06 and '09. The setlist was sweet. Seeing "Third Eye", "The Patient", and "Intolerance" was one of the best things ever. Adam had a few moments were he seemed "lost" or off beat but other than that it was perfect.

I went with 2 friends that have never seen Tool live so that was great. Both of them said that it was unlike any other concert that they have ever been to. I love you Tool and I can't wait to see you again. Also, there was a lady in the parking lot after the show that was giving away free breakfast burritos.....she was such a life saver. All in all, one hell of an amazing experience. Oh, and "isn't marijauna illegal?"LOL

Thank you Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danny. Never stop doing what you guys do.

B.B.S.C. For life!

Last edited by Enlightened One; 06-29-2010 at 12:32 AM..
Old 06-29-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
I, lengthened eon

Bincount™: 144

So, thanks to some really cool people, I got to go to this show tonight and it was wonderful. Tool really did an amazing job tonight. Much better than the other shows that I saw in '06 and '09. The setlist was sweet. Seeing "Third Eye", "The Patient", and "Intolerance" was one of the best things ever. Adam had a few moments were he seemed "lost" or off beat but other than that it was perfect.

I went with 2 friends that have never seen Tool live so that was great. Both of them said that it was unlike any other concert that they have ever been to. I love you Tool and I can't wait to see you again. Also, there was a lady in the parking lot after the show that was giving away free breakfast burritos.....she was such a life saver. All in all, one hell of an amazing experience. Oh, and "isn't marijauna illegal?"LOL

Thank you Maynard, Adam, Justin, and Danny. Never stop doing what you guys do.

B.B.S.C. For life!

Last edited by Enlightened One; 06-29-2010 at 12:32 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Lord Nikon's Avatar Lord Nikon
06-29-2010, 12:42 AM

Great show other than all the drunk morons that kept walking around the concert constantly, either sit down and enjoy the show or GTFO. Third eye was great man, totally rocked. Great show all around, First time at Red Rocks and it was awesome. Thanks Adam, Danny, Justin and Maynard, don't ever stop!

On a side note, more framed autographed posters, i had my hands on the last one but some guy next to me wanted it, so i caved and let him have it. Hopefully some good Karma coming my way.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show other than all the drunk morons that kept walking around the concert constantly, either sit down and enjoy the show or GTFO. Third eye was great man, totally rocked. Great show all around, First time at Red Rocks and it was awesome. Thanks Adam, Danny, Justin and Maynard, don't ever stop!

On a side note, more framed autographed posters, i had my hands on the last one but some guy next to me wanted it, so i caved and let him have it. Hopefully some good Karma coming my way.
OFFLINE |  
riverboy
06-29-2010, 05:38 AM

Fantastic show, Danny rocked it out on 46+2! Intolerance was probably the highlight for me. Incredible light/video show, elevated by projecting it on the rocks!

What security? I saw one camera taken by a guard in black, but there were cell phones lighting up the crowd and smoking everywhere. Red Rocks smelled great last night.

If you're going tonight, stay away from the sky walk and go through the North entrance, we walked right in while my friends waited an hour to get in through the South/skywalk entrance (and didn't get signed posters BTW).

Typical drunk idiots, but not near as bad as last year at the Mile High Music Fest. I don't know why some people are so arrogant to think their yelling the lyrics or shouted conversations sound better than Tool, oh wait, alcohol.

Poster by Justin, looks great. The framed one is junk. The frame is crap, no mat, and the one I saw was crooked. Frame it yourself and save hundreds.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Fantastic show, Danny rocked it out on 46+2! Intolerance was probably the highlight for me. Incredible light/video show, elevated by projecting it on the rocks!

What security? I saw one camera taken by a guard in black, but there were cell phones lighting up the crowd and smoking everywhere. Red Rocks smelled great last night.

If you're going tonight, stay away from the sky walk and go through the North entrance, we walked right in while my friends waited an hour to get in through the South/skywalk entrance (and didn't get signed posters BTW).

Typical drunk idiots, but not near as bad as last year at the Mile High Music Fest. I don't know why some people are so arrogant to think their yelling the lyrics or shouted conversations sound better than Tool, oh wait, alcohol.

Poster by Justin, looks great. The framed one is junk. The frame is crap, no mat, and the one I saw was crooked. Frame it yourself and save hundreds.
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
06-29-2010, 06:44 AM

Great show, it's funny since the 2001 red rocks show during the lateralus tour, I've felt like each tool show I went to, I've lost count on how many, I was trying to get back the feeling I had at that show. This show was the first show that did that. Must be the venue.
They were tight through out, and the visuals were great. The best visual was one they couldn't have planned, which was the blood red moon rising in the south east corner through the show. Great time and great show. I didn't feel like Maynard mailed it in at all. His voice was right on and strong, who cares what he's wearing. I'm not going to the show to watch him, I'm going to listen to the music.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:44 AM   #8
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202

Great show, it's funny since the 2001 red rocks show during the lateralus tour, I've felt like each tool show I went to, I've lost count on how many, I was trying to get back the feeling I had at that show. This show was the first show that did that. Must be the venue.
They were tight through out, and the visuals were great. The best visual was one they couldn't have planned, which was the blood red moon rising in the south east corner through the show. Great time and great show. I didn't feel like Maynard mailed it in at all. His voice was right on and strong, who cares what he's wearing. I'm not going to the show to watch him, I'm going to listen to the music.
tool-n-die
06-29-2010, 06:49 AM

did they do a dual drummer jam in lateralis?.....I guess no more jams with Dalek opening, or maybe the dj will come out and do a scratch off with Danny?...lol
Old 06-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

did they do a dual drummer jam in lateralis?.....I guess no more jams with Dalek opening, or maybe the dj will come out and do a scratch off with Danny?...lol
OFFLINE |  
ladycommish's Avatar ladycommish
06-29-2010, 07:00 AM

tool kicked ass at red rocks. i was basically in the middle of the middle. same setlist as previous dates this tour. so there were no moving screens or backdrop, a little off the last minute of aenema, (danny may have dropped a stick or something)? but very cool show, overall. junior did a fantastic job with the lights, giving a whole new meaning to "red" rocks. listening to people as i was leaving: "they don't really do anything on stage (whatever - maybe they are used to pop music) but the sound and visuals are phenomenal." the vids are amazing, and the lights, including the lasers, worked well last night for being outdoors. just the right amount of breeze to not blow the smoke away so fast. of course plenty of people were helping with that. i didn't notice much distortion with the sound this time around at RR.

nearly full red/orange moon rising up, occasionally obscured by clouds. maynard: "public service announcement: marijuana is illegal..." and "for the next few hours..." and the pope and rabbi "joke" leading into aenema.

can't wait to see what tonight brings!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #10
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698

tool kicked ass at red rocks. i was basically in the middle of the middle. same setlist as previous dates this tour. so there were no moving screens or backdrop, a little off the last minute of aenema, (danny may have dropped a stick or something)? but very cool show, overall. junior did a fantastic job with the lights, giving a whole new meaning to "red" rocks. listening to people as i was leaving: "they don't really do anything on stage (whatever - maybe they are used to pop music) but the sound and visuals are phenomenal." the vids are amazing, and the lights, including the lasers, worked well last night for being outdoors. just the right amount of breeze to not blow the smoke away so fast. of course plenty of people were helping with that. i didn't notice much distortion with the sound this time around at RR.

nearly full red/orange moon rising up, occasionally obscured by clouds. maynard: "public service announcement: marijuana is illegal..." and "for the next few hours..." and the pope and rabbi "joke" leading into aenema.

can't wait to see what tonight brings!
OFFLINE |  
riverboy
06-29-2010, 07:24 AM

They did do a dual drummer jam for Lateralis, it was ok.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:24 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

They did do a dual drummer jam for Lateralis, it was ok.
OFFLINE |  
Thatsarealzinger's Avatar Thatsarealzinger
06-29-2010, 07:38 AM

I was in the woods yesterday and I saw some rocks that were kind of red. Problem was that I didn't see any Tool.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:38 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

I was in the woods yesterday and I saw some rocks that were kind of red. Problem was that I didn't see any Tool.
OFFLINE |  
HaloEleven's Avatar HaloEleven
06-29-2010, 07:46 AM

#6 for me. Had to kick some people out of my seats when I got there, but for the most part everybody was polite. Lighting, staging, weather, and harvest moon were great. Loved the setlist! Ah, I remember my first time I fell for the false bridge in Stinkfist ;-) No "Grunge", but it's hard to bitch about that setlist. Band was tight, but MJK missed some vocal cues. And would it kill the guy to spend some time with his bandmates and soak up the appreciation at the end? I know he's shy and all, but it's just rude IMHO. I definitely had a blast. Second TOOL show at Red Rocks and they really deliver there. It's an amazing venue, but the staff and accessibility sucks.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

#6 for me. Had to kick some people out of my seats when I got there, but for the most part everybody was polite. Lighting, staging, weather, and harvest moon were great. Loved the setlist! Ah, I remember my first time I fell for the false bridge in Stinkfist ;-) No "Grunge", but it's hard to bitch about that setlist. Band was tight, but MJK missed some vocal cues. And would it kill the guy to spend some time with his bandmates and soak up the appreciation at the end? I know he's shy and all, but it's just rude IMHO. I definitely had a blast. Second TOOL show at Red Rocks and they really deliver there. It's an amazing venue, but the staff and accessibility sucks.
OFFLINE |  
BlairLicksTaint's Avatar BlairLicksTaint
06-29-2010, 07:55 AM

MAn, what a good show. Sadly my fungi peaked during Wovenhand, but it's ok. Twitter was giving me some problems last night so I posted a few more pics today. @SNIPER36.

So, as I said on Twitter, Third Eye opened, and a guy behind us took a faceplant off the bleachers. The was blood absolutely everywhere, and he was taken on a stretcher. He looked dead for like 5 minutes, no movement. I hope this dude was ok. What a way to to leave a Tool show though, looking at the sky and the monoliths of Red Rocks, listening to Third Eye! So that was a bit of a distraction from the first song, but then on with the night. The Posters were pretty easy to get to if you didn't want a signed one, they had a Merch booth upstairs that only had the unsigned poster.

I missed the backdrop they usually have, that adds quite a bit, but Junior was rocking the lights tonight. They were projecting the video into the side walls of the stage, which was a cool effect. From Row 66 (WAY up top) the show was too quiet, I could hear the 18yr old girls behind me commenting on Maynard all. night. "OMG, he's so mysterious".

Anyway, sorry for the fragmented review, I'll be closer tonight (row18) and I'm going to try for some videos but we'll see how security is. I hope everyone had a great time and we'll see you all again tonight!!

Edit: I couldn't believe how many crazy motherfuckers hiked the mountain behind the venue for this show. When it was over and we were leaving out the back, there must have been 50 flashlights coming down the mountain. That can't be too fun
Old 06-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
Bincount™: 69

MAn, what a good show. Sadly my fungi peaked during Wovenhand, but it's ok. Twitter was giving me some problems last night so I posted a few more pics today. @SNIPER36.

So, as I said on Twitter, Third Eye opened, and a guy behind us took a faceplant off the bleachers. The was blood absolutely everywhere, and he was taken on a stretcher. He looked dead for like 5 minutes, no movement. I hope this dude was ok. What a way to to leave a Tool show though, looking at the sky and the monoliths of Red Rocks, listening to Third Eye! So that was a bit of a distraction from the first song, but then on with the night. The Posters were pretty easy to get to if you didn't want a signed one, they had a Merch booth upstairs that only had the unsigned poster.

I missed the backdrop they usually have, that adds quite a bit, but Junior was rocking the lights tonight. They were projecting the video into the side walls of the stage, which was a cool effect. From Row 66 (WAY up top) the show was too quiet, I could hear the 18yr old girls behind me commenting on Maynard all. night. "OMG, he's so mysterious".

Anyway, sorry for the fragmented review, I'll be closer tonight (row18) and I'm going to try for some videos but we'll see how security is. I hope everyone had a great time and we'll see you all again tonight!!

Edit: I couldn't believe how many crazy motherfuckers hiked the mountain behind the venue for this show. When it was over and we were leaving out the back, there must have been 50 flashlights coming down the mountain. That can't be too fun
06-29-2010, 08:02 AM

Terrific show. My 15th Tool show, and my first visit to Red Rocks. Stunning. The venue was the highlight, and the band was pretty good too ;-) LOVED the new "Third Eye" visuals...very psychedelic. That little video strip below Danny and MJK makes a big difference. Danny's kit looked like it was floating the whole time, with the projections on his stage, as well. FINALLY saw "Intolerance"! I've been waiting 15 shows for that one. Don't think I'll make it tonight. I hope it doesn't take them another 9 years to get back to this venue. Justin was his usual rockin self. Always a pleasure to see these guys. Look forward to the next album and the next tour. Enjoy tonight everyone!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:02 AM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Terrific show. My 15th Tool show, and my first visit to Red Rocks. Stunning. The venue was the highlight, and the band was pretty good too ;-) LOVED the new "Third Eye" visuals...very psychedelic. That little video strip below Danny and MJK makes a big difference. Danny's kit looked like it was floating the whole time, with the projections on his stage, as well. FINALLY saw "Intolerance"! I've been waiting 15 shows for that one. Don't think I'll make it tonight. I hope it doesn't take them another 9 years to get back to this venue. Justin was his usual rockin self. Always a pleasure to see these guys. Look forward to the next album and the next tour. Enjoy tonight everyone!
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
06-29-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairLicksTaint View Post

I was wondering who they were driving away with when I saw the ambulance heading out of the park during the show. Seems like every tool show I've been to some idiot falls on his head and has to have his bloody ass carried out.....
Old 06-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #16
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairLicksTaint View Post

I was wondering who they were driving away with when I saw the ambulance heading out of the park during the show. Seems like every tool show I've been to some idiot falls on his head and has to have his bloody ass carried out.....
toolgirly's Avatar toolgirly
06-29-2010, 09:59 AM

We were there last night, front row seat 14 and 15. We will be there again tonight in the exact same place. Sometimes being disabled has its perks. :)

Here is Denver Westword's photos of the show.

http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2010/06/tool_at_red_rocks_in_photos.php?page=1

Can't wait for tonight's show.

O
|\ __O
_|_| \
Old 06-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

We were there last night, front row seat 14 and 15. We will be there again tonight in the exact same place. Sometimes being disabled has its perks. :)

Here is Denver Westword's photos of the show.

http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2010/06/tool_at_red_rocks_in_photos.php?page=1

Can't wait for tonight's show.

O
|\ __O
_|_| \
OFFLINE |  
drbg781
06-29-2010, 10:06 AM

Another TooL show in the bags...wow. Set list was amazingly fun...I don't f'ing care if I've heard 46 & 2 or Stinkfist or any of the other songs they've been playing for years now. They do what they do...don't buy a ticket if you don't like it. Third Eye and The Patient were highlights for me personally. The Intermission was SWEET with the visuals and everythying...totally made to make people trip out harder...it works too...trust me. The venue security was TIGHT....never been searched that hard at Red Rocks in my life! I got two of the signed posters, man are they cool! The crowd was a little lame around me....granted I was on a different level of reality than they were, but damn...have fun at a show. And to the guy who kicked me in the back of the leg when I stood on MY BLEACHER (anyone know how to spell that?) SEAT when the show started, FUCK YOU! Ever been to Red Rocks?!?!!?! I don't like the lame metal/rock fans that show up and can't move around, stand there and get angry if you bump them, take pictures with flash, text during the show, try to mosh, and just act like elietests...open you mind up! I love TooL's hippie/trippy fans, hope tonight I'm around you guys!!!

Great show TooL...amazingly fun...sorry this isn't a great review, but what I have in my head from last night can't be put into words.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:06 AM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

Another TooL show in the bags...wow. Set list was amazingly fun...I don't f'ing care if I've heard 46 & 2 or Stinkfist or any of the other songs they've been playing for years now. They do what they do...don't buy a ticket if you don't like it. Third Eye and The Patient were highlights for me personally. The Intermission was SWEET with the visuals and everythying...totally made to make people trip out harder...it works too...trust me. The venue security was TIGHT....never been searched that hard at Red Rocks in my life! I got two of the signed posters, man are they cool! The crowd was a little lame around me....granted I was on a different level of reality than they were, but damn...have fun at a show. And to the guy who kicked me in the back of the leg when I stood on MY BLEACHER (anyone know how to spell that?) SEAT when the show started, FUCK YOU! Ever been to Red Rocks?!?!!?! I don't like the lame metal/rock fans that show up and can't move around, stand there and get angry if you bump them, take pictures with flash, text during the show, try to mosh, and just act like elietests...open you mind up! I love TooL's hippie/trippy fans, hope tonight I'm around you guys!!!

Great show TooL...amazingly fun...sorry this isn't a great review, but what I have in my head from last night can't be put into words.
06-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Fifth Tool show, best one yet. Loved the setlist, loved that they didn't seem to get off course like they did back in 2001 when I saw them. Fifth row off in front of Adam. Crowd was strange, will leave it at that. Red Rocks first show, great venue. Loved that Maynard had security become insistent in asking people not to video / take pictures, actually attempted to keep people in the moment of the music as opposed to enjoying it through a video screen. However, it did become annoying with the mean man behind the barrier pointing his green laser at people and giving them X marks for first offense before being thrown out.

Oh by the way, I'd encourage EVERYONE to respect the people around them. Some people don't want to be annoyed with your "do you have bud" questions while the band is playing. I have spent a lot of money and time to get to this venue to see this band and take in the moment, I am not concerned about your ability or inability to get stoned. Don't interrupt my present moment of seeing this truly amazing, innovative group of artists.

Ready for night 2.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

Fifth Tool show, best one yet. Loved the setlist, loved that they didn't seem to get off course like they did back in 2001 when I saw them. Fifth row off in front of Adam. Crowd was strange, will leave it at that. Red Rocks first show, great venue. Loved that Maynard had security become insistent in asking people not to video / take pictures, actually attempted to keep people in the moment of the music as opposed to enjoying it through a video screen. However, it did become annoying with the mean man behind the barrier pointing his green laser at people and giving them X marks for first offense before being thrown out.

Oh by the way, I'd encourage EVERYONE to respect the people around them. Some people don't want to be annoyed with your "do you have bud" questions while the band is playing. I have spent a lot of money and time to get to this venue to see this band and take in the moment, I am not concerned about your ability or inability to get stoned. Don't interrupt my present moment of seeing this truly amazing, innovative group of artists.

Ready for night 2.
Wolf-R1
06-29-2010, 10:57 AM

Was in second row, seat 85, off to the left (facing the stage). Most times my view was great but Maynard's tendency to stay toward the back was problematic when the light boards came down and obscured the view. Overall one of the best shows I've seen to date. I thoroughly enjoyed the set list and was amused by the drunk/stoned dude and his girlfriend in front of us. At one point he was banging his head on the bench. We thought he too would end up riding his spiral on a stretcher.

Crowd was mixed. Lots of revelers mixed in with more mellow and some drunk/stoned. Up front security was on the spot where people taking pics/video were concerned so we attempted neither.

Night was warm with a great moon. A southern thunderstorm occasionally visible out of the corner of your eye off to the right, just over the rocks.

Oh yeah, who was it that played the dual drum set? He seems tight with the band as well as was the kid he brought with him.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

Was in second row, seat 85, off to the left (facing the stage). Most times my view was great but Maynard's tendency to stay toward the back was problematic when the light boards came down and obscured the view. Overall one of the best shows I've seen to date. I thoroughly enjoyed the set list and was amused by the drunk/stoned dude and his girlfriend in front of us. At one point he was banging his head on the bench. We thought he too would end up riding his spiral on a stretcher.

Crowd was mixed. Lots of revelers mixed in with more mellow and some drunk/stoned. Up front security was on the spot where people taking pics/video were concerned so we attempted neither.

Night was warm with a great moon. A southern thunderstorm occasionally visible out of the corner of your eye off to the right, just over the rocks.

Oh yeah, who was it that played the dual drum set? He seems tight with the band as well as was the kid he brought with him.
OFFLINE |  
ROCKMOUSE's Avatar ROCKMOUSE
06-29-2010, 11:00 AM

they rocked, no complaints on the setlist or the sound, maybe it was because its redrocks, but incredible to experiance tool and jrs incredible work, good job to all involved, this all from near the back, sound was tight, staff was swell, security the usual @#&*!, like posted above im looking forward to tonights show, what will be to me is like a encore with a 24 hour break between, back late tonight or early morning, everybody enjoy tonight
Old 06-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

they rocked, no complaints on the setlist or the sound, maybe it was because its redrocks, but incredible to experiance tool and jrs incredible work, good job to all involved, this all from near the back, sound was tight, staff was swell, security the usual @#&*!, like posted above im looking forward to tonights show, what will be to me is like a encore with a 24 hour break between, back late tonight or early morning, everybody enjoy tonight
06-29-2010, 11:16 AM

Great night. First time at RR and it was more than I expected. Band was spot on. Maynard sounded great,in the mix.

Intolerance was great, this was my 21st tool show and 46&2 has been played at all of them but last nights was the best version, Danny was filthy with it.

Row 33 tonight, hoping for a,minor setlist change.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

Great night. First time at RR and it was more than I expected. Band was spot on. Maynard sounded great,in the mix.

Intolerance was great, this was my 21st tool show and 46&2 has been played at all of them but last nights was the best version, Danny was filthy with it.

Row 33 tonight, hoping for a,minor setlist change.
OFFLINE |  
HaloEleven's Avatar HaloEleven
06-29-2010, 11:24 AM

MJK: "Is anybody out there 25 years old? You were 5 years old when this song [Intolerance] came out!". Thanks for making me feel so old, Maynard!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

MJK: "Is anybody out there 25 years old? You were 5 years old when this song [Intolerance] came out!". Thanks for making me feel so old, Maynard!
OFFLINE |  
Ginsu Victim
06-29-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Bay View Post
However, it did become annoying with the mean man behind the barrier pointing his green laser at people and giving them X marks for first offense before being thrown out.
Is that what the green laser pointer guy is doing? I thought he was testing the level of smoke before they hit a laser sequence. Shows what I know.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Bay View Post
However, it did become annoying with the mean man behind the barrier pointing his green laser at people and giving them X marks for first offense before being thrown out.
Is that what the green laser pointer guy is doing? I thought he was testing the level of smoke before they hit a laser sequence. Shows what I know.
OFFLINE |  
Watching and mentioning's Avatar Watching and mentioning
06-29-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
There were framed signed posters too? When I got to the merch booth, the guy in front of me left one signed poster, then his friend chimed in "Hey there's only one left" in which the guy in line responded "Should I get it too?" and his friend told him too. I was pretty bummed that he bought the last 2 signed ones cause I really wanted to get a hold of one. I'm still happy I got a normal one with only 400 being made.

Aside from my poster blues, this was my 7th Tool show. It was indeed amazing from the setlist to the visuals (much better than the 10K Days tour's visuals) and of course the venue. Red Rocks is one of those places that you have to experience and what better way than by seeing Tool there. Third Eye was definitely worth the price alone. The lowest part of the show for me was probably Schism. It's not that I don't like the song, it's just that everything else was that much better. I really don't know what else to say about the show, it was definately everything I had hoped it would be plus more.

Big thanks to the band for putting on the show and deciding to do Red Rocks instead of the Pepsi Center or Fiddlers Green. Spiral out, keep going!

Last edited by Watching and mentioning; 06-29-2010 at 06:53 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #25
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
There were framed signed posters too? When I got to the merch booth, the guy in front of me left one signed poster, then his friend chimed in "Hey there's only one left" in which the guy in line responded "Should I get it too?" and his friend told him too. I was pretty bummed that he bought the last 2 signed ones cause I really wanted to get a hold of one. I'm still happy I got a normal one with only 400 being made.

Aside from my poster blues, this was my 7th Tool show. It was indeed amazing from the setlist to the visuals (much better than the 10K Days tour's visuals) and of course the venue. Red Rocks is one of those places that you have to experience and what better way than by seeing Tool there. Third Eye was definitely worth the price alone. The lowest part of the show for me was probably Schism. It's not that I don't like the song, it's just that everything else was that much better. I really don't know what else to say about the show, it was definately everything I had hoped it would be plus more.

Big thanks to the band for putting on the show and deciding to do Red Rocks instead of the Pepsi Center or Fiddlers Green. Spiral out, keep going!

Last edited by Watching and mentioning; 06-29-2010 at 06:53 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Durangatang
06-29-2010, 02:47 PM

This was my 13th show and first at Red Rocks. It. Was. Fucking. Siiiiick! Now I know why everyone smiles when they talk of that place. The parking lot scene was mellow in a good way, got there early and had a chance to mingle with people in the upper south lot. A different vibe than the usual pre game scene where everyone blasts metal and stands around looking tough. Everyone was chillin and playing games, frisbee, drinkin, talkin, etc. Was a nice change from the other big city shows I've been to.

Got to our seats (R 49 S 52 & 53) and sat around watching the people come in. The views are killer if you are up above the stage level. The colors and formations of the rocks and the views all the way to LODO are what makes this place special. Watching the sunset colors over the landscpe was beautiful. Did I mention the vibe? Everyone was super chill and stoked to see the boys play in such a magical venue.

When the house lights finally went down (Wovenhand played while it was still light out) the place lit up with anticipation. The Tim Leary video came on and it was like "Hell yeah, its on!" Third Eye was such a killer song. I am always amazed by the band when they play such long intricate songs and can pull them off live. To hear it finally in person was a something i'll never forget. Vicarious was good but Maynard didn't sing the "Vicariously, I...." section again as usual. Stinkfist is always a good one live.
The Patient was spot on. Its been a while since I heard it (obviously) and I remembered why it kicks ass. Such a melodic intro with the deep bass riffs made me flash back to the Lateralus tour. Intolerance was a good ol metal jam with Danny's drumming beating the crowd into submission. Maynards voice was strong during this song and it was good to hear that. At this point the lasers and lights have really took off. The video projections on the rear rock wall and side walls made for an interesting distortion effect of the video. Junior brought his a-game for these performances! The video board in front of the riser Danny is on made him look like he was suspended in the video. He had a contrasting light shining on him vs. what was on the screen and from our seats looking down on him it looked like he was floating in space. Very trippy... Also, seeing the lasers on the massive side rock walls of the ampitheater is something you only get at Red Rocks. They multi colored thick beam lasers looked especially sweet with the Denver skyline in the distance. Some of the green "fan" lasers were lost in the night sky but the smoke around the stage kept them visual. Smoke? The venue smelled like a skunks sweat suit after a Tae-Bo workout but there was no complaints from me. The young girl patting me down at the gate found my jay's and took them (Me-"You're taking those?" Her-"Yes" Me-"Really? I thought we were in Colorado?" Her-Shrugs... fukin bitch) but some dudes in the crowd were more than happy to share (Thanks Dudes!).

One of the best things about RR is the freedom to move around. You can go high, low, sides and no securtiy will stop you to ask for a ticket unless you are blocking an aisle. My wife and I went way down low on the left side during Schism and found a place to stand on the planter boxes. We watched the drum battle and the rest of the show from a sweet perch. You could see the band mates expressions and interactions real well and that was a treat.

All in all one of the best TOOL shows and experiences I've had seeing them. Want to thank all those who kept the good times going. We had to drive back to Durango after the show (a 6 hr beating) but today I've got a smile on my face and humming 3rd Eye in my head....

GET IT WHILE THE GETTINS GOOD!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #26
On Probation

This was my 13th show and first at Red Rocks. It. Was. Fucking. Siiiiick! Now I know why everyone smiles when they talk of that place. The parking lot scene was mellow in a good way, got there early and had a chance to mingle with people in the upper south lot. A different vibe than the usual pre game scene where everyone blasts metal and stands around looking tough. Everyone was chillin and playing games, frisbee, drinkin, talkin, etc. Was a nice change from the other big city shows I've been to.

Got to our seats (R 49 S 52 & 53) and sat around watching the people come in. The views are killer if you are up above the stage level. The colors and formations of the rocks and the views all the way to LODO are what makes this place special. Watching the sunset colors over the landscpe was beautiful. Did I mention the vibe? Everyone was super chill and stoked to see the boys play in such a magical venue.

When the house lights finally went down (Wovenhand played while it was still light out) the place lit up with anticipation. The Tim Leary video came on and it was like "Hell yeah, its on!" Third Eye was such a killer song. I am always amazed by the band when they play such long intricate songs and can pull them off live. To hear it finally in person was a something i'll never forget. Vicarious was good but Maynard didn't sing the "Vicariously, I...." section again as usual. Stinkfist is always a good one live.
The Patient was spot on. Its been a while since I heard it (obviously) and I remembered why it kicks ass. Such a melodic intro with the deep bass riffs made me flash back to the Lateralus tour. Intolerance was a good ol metal jam with Danny's drumming beating the crowd into submission. Maynards voice was strong during this song and it was good to hear that. At this point the lasers and lights have really took off. The video projections on the rear rock wall and side walls made for an interesting distortion effect of the video. Junior brought his a-game for these performances! The video board in front of the riser Danny is on made him look like he was suspended in the video. He had a contrasting light shining on him vs. what was on the screen and from our seats looking down on him it looked like he was floating in space. Very trippy... Also, seeing the lasers on the massive side rock walls of the ampitheater is something you only get at Red Rocks. They multi colored thick beam lasers looked especially sweet with the Denver skyline in the distance. Some of the green "fan" lasers were lost in the night sky but the smoke around the stage kept them visual. Smoke? The venue smelled like a skunks sweat suit after a Tae-Bo workout but there was no complaints from me. The young girl patting me down at the gate found my jay's and took them (Me-"You're taking those?" Her-"Yes" Me-"Really? I thought we were in Colorado?" Her-Shrugs... fukin bitch) but some dudes in the crowd were more than happy to share (Thanks Dudes!).

One of the best things about RR is the freedom to move around. You can go high, low, sides and no securtiy will stop you to ask for a ticket unless you are blocking an aisle. My wife and I went way down low on the left side during Schism and found a place to stand on the planter boxes. We watched the drum battle and the rest of the show from a sweet perch. You could see the band mates expressions and interactions real well and that was a treat.

All in all one of the best TOOL shows and experiences I've had seeing them. Want to thank all those who kept the good times going. We had to drive back to Durango after the show (a 6 hr beating) but today I've got a smile on my face and humming 3rd Eye in my head....

GET IT WHILE THE GETTINS GOOD!!!
OFFLINE |  
Typical's Avatar Typical
06-29-2010, 03:20 PM

Such a good show. Couldn't go to the 2001 show so i'm glad i finally got to see them at red rocks, since it might very well be their last trip there. Met a cool couple in the parking lot who'd just moved to CO from GA, and it was their first time at red rocks, so we know they had a good time, i told them i was jealous because there probably can't be anything better than seeing Tool the first time you go to Red Rocks

The four tix i THOUGHT were for monday ended up being for Tuesday....and i didn't realize this til we were almost in the car ready to go. i think i got really lucky being able to trade my 4 tix for 3 for the correct evening.

Highpoints - Third Eye and Intolerance.

Lowpoint - the tatted-up couple in the 11th row trying to fight me when i smoked a jaunt next to their 10 year old kid (who i didn't even see until they said something). They didn't politely ask me to stop (i would have), instead they started dropping F-bombs on me asking how dare i even consider smoking pot at Red Rocks for a Tool show...... I said i was sorry just to be polite (i wasn't) and instead of "ok we understand how it is but please refrain from future smoking" i got "sorry isn't going to fucking cut it you piece of shit" and then got threatened by neck-tat guy, so my friends and i moved up to row 23. Many thanks to the dudes who let us mingle in the 23rd row, you guys have much good karma coming your way!

On my way to tonight's show........NOW!!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

Such a good show. Couldn't go to the 2001 show so i'm glad i finally got to see them at red rocks, since it might very well be their last trip there. Met a cool couple in the parking lot who'd just moved to CO from GA, and it was their first time at red rocks, so we know they had a good time, i told them i was jealous because there probably can't be anything better than seeing Tool the first time you go to Red Rocks

The four tix i THOUGHT were for monday ended up being for Tuesday....and i didn't realize this til we were almost in the car ready to go. i think i got really lucky being able to trade my 4 tix for 3 for the correct evening.

Highpoints - Third Eye and Intolerance.

Lowpoint - the tatted-up couple in the 11th row trying to fight me when i smoked a jaunt next to their 10 year old kid (who i didn't even see until they said something). They didn't politely ask me to stop (i would have), instead they started dropping F-bombs on me asking how dare i even consider smoking pot at Red Rocks for a Tool show...... I said i was sorry just to be polite (i wasn't) and instead of "ok we understand how it is but please refrain from future smoking" i got "sorry isn't going to fucking cut it you piece of shit" and then got threatened by neck-tat guy, so my friends and i moved up to row 23. Many thanks to the dudes who let us mingle in the 23rd row, you guys have much good karma coming your way!

On my way to tonight's show........NOW!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
chiller's Avatar chiller
06-29-2010, 08:49 PM

I was the guy with the green JAZZ jersey. #8 Williams. lol. i hope some of you guys did see me. god this was my favorite show by far. i have seen them 7 times since 2006 and this went to the top of the list. my gf and i were in row 51 seats 87 and 88. they were right in the middle and perfect seats. great setlist!!! great sound!!!! AMAZING LIGHTS!!! THANKS JUNIOR!!! Denver is a great place. we had such a great time while we were out there. Red Rocks is the best venue i have ever been to. Thanks TOOL for the great show. we went to Jack and Grill today before we left, it was really good food.

So now I just got into Salt Lake and i am checking tonights setlist!!! Holy FUCK!!!! i had a ticket for tonight but we had to leave early cuz my girl has work tom. i have never seen Right in Two and i cant believe they played Intension. i have seen Flood before but that would have still be sick to see. well the VENT is over. I do have a vegas ticket though so i hope that i see the 6/29 playlist in Las Vegas. i am sending this out to the universe. lol
Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #28
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 377

I was the guy with the green JAZZ jersey. #8 Williams. lol. i hope some of you guys did see me. god this was my favorite show by far. i have seen them 7 times since 2006 and this went to the top of the list. my gf and i were in row 51 seats 87 and 88. they were right in the middle and perfect seats. great setlist!!! great sound!!!! AMAZING LIGHTS!!! THANKS JUNIOR!!! Denver is a great place. we had such a great time while we were out there. Red Rocks is the best venue i have ever been to. Thanks TOOL for the great show. we went to Jack and Grill today before we left, it was really good food.

So now I just got into Salt Lake and i am checking tonights setlist!!! Holy FUCK!!!! i had a ticket for tonight but we had to leave early cuz my girl has work tom. i have never seen Right in Two and i cant believe they played Intension. i have seen Flood before but that would have still be sick to see. well the VENT is over. I do have a vegas ticket though so i hope that i see the 6/29 playlist in Las Vegas. i am sending this out to the universe. lol
06-30-2010, 09:28 AM

This show was truly amazing. If you are a die hard tool fan and you haven't seen Tool at red rocks yet, YOU NEED TO DO ANYTHING IT TAKES TO GET THERE NEXT TIME... if the whole side of the country doesn't fall off into the ocean =) Third eye was a first for me and everything I ever dreamed it'd be. No joke... but a very funny one... A priest a rabbi and a HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY................. Thought I was going to fly out of my skin when this song rang out at Red rocks again. All in all WORTH EVERY PENNY THIS TIME BOYS. Thanks again for treating me to a night I will not forget any time soon... Ciao.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

This show was truly amazing. If you are a die hard tool fan and you haven't seen Tool at red rocks yet, YOU NEED TO DO ANYTHING IT TAKES TO GET THERE NEXT TIME... if the whole side of the country doesn't fall off into the ocean =) Third eye was a first for me and everything I ever dreamed it'd be. No joke... but a very funny one... A priest a rabbi and a HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY................. Thought I was going to fly out of my skin when this song rang out at Red rocks again. All in all WORTH EVERY PENNY THIS TIME BOYS. Thanks again for treating me to a night I will not forget any time soon... Ciao.
OFFLINE |  
Bridger the Mountain Man's Avatar Bridger the Mountain Man
06-30-2010, 12:34 PM

Doers anyone know if that was a Denver Nuggets shirt (#22) that Danny was wearing?

The show was amazing. the graphics are tighter than ever and the screens moving around were excellent!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Doers anyone know if that was a Denver Nuggets shirt (#22) that Danny was wearing?

The show was amazing. the graphics are tighter than ever and the screens moving around were excellent!
06-30-2010, 01:25 PM

TOOL + RED ROCKS = A MATCH MADE IN MUSICAL HEAVEN!!
This has been my dream concert for years... I'm so grateful that i got to see this dream come to fruition!! :D

only 2 negative things i can say (and neither one effected my appreciation of the show)

1- that somehow i missed the moon :( and it's all Tools fault! OK, so maybe it was indirect, but still all Tool's fault just the same as i was too focused on the show and purposely blocking out anything beyond (like the city lights and proof of life outside of red rocks and tool LOL). or maybe i missed it because of all that marijuana ;)

2- the event staff when we were driving up were so rude and she grossly misinformed us of their rules and regulations saying that we can take absolutely nothing in..no backpacks, no blankets, NADA!! So we left everything in the car. And, yes of course we could take all those things in.. i wish some people could do their job better! But it's so laughable because her level of "gung ho" attitude about the enforcement of these rules was so appropriate for a person in her position. But the show was still great and maybe even better without the added burden of our objective material needs.

Not much else to say other than it was beautiful and amazing and anything else you might expect from Tool. It was a much needed source of escape, inspiration and artistic wonderment for me :D
Old 06-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

TOOL + RED ROCKS = A MATCH MADE IN MUSICAL HEAVEN!!
This has been my dream concert for years... I'm so grateful that i got to see this dream come to fruition!! :D

only 2 negative things i can say (and neither one effected my appreciation of the show)

1- that somehow i missed the moon :( and it's all Tools fault! OK, so maybe it was indirect, but still all Tool's fault just the same as i was too focused on the show and purposely blocking out anything beyond (like the city lights and proof of life outside of red rocks and tool LOL). or maybe i missed it because of all that marijuana ;)

2- the event staff when we were driving up were so rude and she grossly misinformed us of their rules and regulations saying that we can take absolutely nothing in..no backpacks, no blankets, NADA!! So we left everything in the car. And, yes of course we could take all those things in.. i wish some people could do their job better! But it's so laughable because her level of "gung ho" attitude about the enforcement of these rules was so appropriate for a person in her position. But the show was still great and maybe even better without the added burden of our objective material needs.

Not much else to say other than it was beautiful and amazing and anything else you might expect from Tool. It was a much needed source of escape, inspiration and artistic wonderment for me :D
OFFLINE |  
drbg781
06-30-2010, 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=Bridger the Mountain Man;2923161]Doers anyone know if that was a Denver Nuggets shirt (#22) that Danny was wearing?QUOTE]

He wore a Carmelo Anthony #15 Nuggets Road Jersey on the 28th and a Kansas #22 jersey on the 29th. No clue who is famous for the #22 in Jayhawks history...but either way, that's what Danny was wearing.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

[QUOTE=Bridger the Mountain Man;2923161]Doers anyone know if that was a Denver Nuggets shirt (#22) that Danny was wearing?QUOTE]

He wore a Carmelo Anthony #15 Nuggets Road Jersey on the 28th and a Kansas #22 jersey on the 29th. No clue who is famous for the #22 in Jayhawks history...but either way, that's what Danny was wearing.
07-02-2010, 01:41 AM

Old 07-02-2010, 01:41 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

OFFLINE |  
VinDieselFiesta
07-02-2010, 11:57 AM

Awesome, awesome show. number 7 for me and definitely up to par with the best ones if not the best, despite a few minor hiccups during the show. third eye opener with extended ending melted my fucking face. not sure what the short extended ending is all about in jambi, but i feel those extra two seconds or so really kinda messes up the ending and they did this both nights. despite that ending thing, jambi is still as awesome as it has been since day one. stinkfist always good, the visuals of the electricity flowing across the rocks and then across the screens on stage and then back on to the rocks was fucking awesome. great visuals for vicarious, lasers are looking good Jr. no maynard on ending vocals as seems to have become the norm for him. second time seeing eba/the patient and fucking loved it. visuals and lasers seem to just fit the epicness of this song, i think they should keep this one around on the set for a bit. INTOLERANCE! i love this song, easily my favorite off of undertow, it was great to see it live for the first time. not a huge fan of the extended break down, but it is a great excuse for danny to do what he does best and for me to drool watching him do it. love schism w/ the extended double time break down. 46&2 is always a good one, but just kinda seems to be "going through the motions" with this one. lateralus was great and i totally dig the new ambience'ish intro where adam's teasing with the intro notes visuals were looking phenomenal from the 48th row for this one. Aenema is easily my favorite closer for tool shows and it was good to see it again, i love signing along with everyone on "i'm praying for rain, i'm praying for tidal waves." danny messed up the very end, continued drumming for like 2 seconds after it should have been finished, didn't seem like many people noticed. needless to say everybody was super stoked on an awesome tool show. thanks again Tool & Co.

edit* upon listening to the torrent listed just above me, i just gotta say man they really butchered the last 20 seconds of aenema.

Last edited by VinDieselFiesta; 07-02-2010 at 12:11 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #34
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Awesome, awesome show. number 7 for me and definitely up to par with the best ones if not the best, despite a few minor hiccups during the show. third eye opener with extended ending melted my fucking face. not sure what the short extended ending is all about in jambi, but i feel those extra two seconds or so really kinda messes up the ending and they did this both nights. despite that ending thing, jambi is still as awesome as it has been since day one. stinkfist always good, the visuals of the electricity flowing across the rocks and then across the screens on stage and then back on to the rocks was fucking awesome. great visuals for vicarious, lasers are looking good Jr. no maynard on ending vocals as seems to have become the norm for him. second time seeing eba/the patient and fucking loved it. visuals and lasers seem to just fit the epicness of this song, i think they should keep this one around on the set for a bit. INTOLERANCE! i love this song, easily my favorite off of undertow, it was great to see it live for the first time. not a huge fan of the extended break down, but it is a great excuse for danny to do what he does best and for me to drool watching him do it. love schism w/ the extended double time break down. 46&2 is always a good one, but just kinda seems to be "going through the motions" with this one. lateralus was great and i totally dig the new ambience'ish intro where adam's teasing with the intro notes visuals were looking phenomenal from the 48th row for this one. Aenema is easily my favorite closer for tool shows and it was good to see it again, i love signing along with everyone on "i'm praying for rain, i'm praying for tidal waves." danny messed up the very end, continued drumming for like 2 seconds after it should have been finished, didn't seem like many people noticed. needless to say everybody was super stoked on an awesome tool show. thanks again Tool & Co.

edit* upon listening to the torrent listed just above me, i just gotta say man they really butchered the last 20 seconds of aenema.

Last edited by VinDieselFiesta; 07-02-2010 at 12:11 PM..
OFFLINE |  
merkaboy
07-03-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:

the art was great, but how could anyone pay $750 for those?!?!

they were $100 last year (non-framed). i guarantee you wouldn't be able to get half of that on ebay.

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
Old 07-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

the art was great, but how could anyone pay $750 for those?!?!

they were $100 last year (non-framed). i guarantee you wouldn't be able to get half of that on ebay.

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
OFFLINE |  
merkaboy
07-03-2010, 10:38 AM

drove almost 24 hours straight, from Portland, Or. my first time to the absolutely breathtaking red rocks amphitheater. my 20th tool show and hands down, the all time greatest!!!! and especially after last year, im surprised im saying that!

night one-

the entire red rocks park is amazing, my only complaint is you'd think they'd have developed a better way to get in and out of that place. we missed wovenhand cause we were waiting in line. and for the love of bob, GPS mark your car when you get there, cause afterwords in the dark, its much much harder to remember. we walked all over that mountain for at least an hour before we found the car! lol

we were in the 13th row, almost dead center, and guess who was passing the pipe (and then a joint lol) directly 2 rows right in front of me?? none other than Dt. Stabler himself, Christopher Meloni!! i knew he was a big tool fan and friends with the guys, but that was just cool as hell. then security came over and rushed him and his friends backstage.

the lights went down and timothy leary's face and voice materialized. i still dont really know what to say to accurately describe the feeling of finally letting the greatest song ever recorded, wash over me for the first time since '98. the next 15 minutes were probably the most completely overwhelming of my entire life, and im not afraid to say i cried a little lol
the other two highlights as you all know of course, the patient and intolerence, were absolutely spot on.
the lateralus jam with that wovenhand japanese(?) guy was pretty sweet. i like how his son who looked liked short round lol came out and watched and adam went up and high fived him.
maynard seemed soooo much more into it than he was last year. i know alot of it WAS because of red rocks, but that really was the most amazing thing ive ever seen!! the guys were sooooooooo tight. the visuals were mindblowing!!! the guys were having fun and the crowd seemed very appreciative.

now to start the seemingly endless quest to find my car.

*a note about monday night, that was the easiest security check ive ever seen! no metal detector, lazy pat down and thats it. no one was getting busted for pot or cameras. not so with the cameras on tuesday! the security guards were replaced with nazi look alikes who hated recording devices as if they were Aldo "the apache"!! i still got some shots but they were busting people for taking them AFTER the last song, as danny and justin were waving goodbye!! fucks!

night 2

ill keep this short, more of the same amazing awesomeness, with the exception of the inclusion of FLOOD!!! and INTENSION FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!! and RIGHT IN TWO!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missed delek cause of the entrance line again. the lateralus solo seemed like a really interesting idea IN THEORY, but i didn't really think they added a whole lot unfortunately. maynard passing them his bottle was cool though :)
I will never again miss a tool show at red rocks!!!!

almost forgot, christopher meloni pushed passed us in the 8th row, at the end of Aenema, on tuesday lol awesome!!!

if anyone has any great pics of these shows or red rocks park itself, id love to trade!!!!!

THANK YOU TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEE YOU IN SEATTLE AND VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"this is the last song, so you all can put your clothes on...that means you chris." LOL

Last edited by merkaboy; 07-03-2010 at 10:42 AM..
Old 07-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #36
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

drove almost 24 hours straight, from Portland, Or. my first time to the absolutely breathtaking red rocks amphitheater. my 20th tool show and hands down, the all time greatest!!!! and especially after last year, im surprised im saying that!

night one-

the entire red rocks park is amazing, my only complaint is you'd think they'd have developed a better way to get in and out of that place. we missed wovenhand cause we were waiting in line. and for the love of bob, GPS mark your car when you get there, cause afterwords in the dark, its much much harder to remember. we walked all over that mountain for at least an hour before we found the car! lol

we were in the 13th row, almost dead center, and guess who was passing the pipe (and then a joint lol) directly 2 rows right in front of me?? none other than Dt. Stabler himself, Christopher Meloni!! i knew he was a big tool fan and friends with the guys, but that was just cool as hell. then security came over and rushed him and his friends backstage.

the lights went down and timothy leary's face and voice materialized. i still dont really know what to say to accurately describe the feeling of finally letting the greatest song ever recorded, wash over me for the first time since '98. the next 15 minutes were probably the most completely overwhelming of my entire life, and im not afraid to say i cried a little lol
the other two highlights as you all know of course, the patient and intolerence, were absolutely spot on.
the lateralus jam with that wovenhand japanese(?) guy was pretty sweet. i like how his son who looked liked short round lol came out and watched and adam went up and high fived him.
maynard seemed soooo much more into it than he was last year. i know alot of it WAS because of red rocks, but that really was the most amazing thing ive ever seen!! the guys were sooooooooo tight. the visuals were mindblowing!!! the guys were having fun and the crowd seemed very appreciative.

now to start the seemingly endless quest to find my car.

*a note about monday night, that was the easiest security check ive ever seen! no metal detector, lazy pat down and thats it. no one was getting busted for pot or cameras. not so with the cameras on tuesday! the security guards were replaced with nazi look alikes who hated recording devices as if they were Aldo "the apache"!! i still got some shots but they were busting people for taking them AFTER the last song, as danny and justin were waving goodbye!! fucks!

night 2

ill keep this short, more of the same amazing awesomeness, with the exception of the inclusion of FLOOD!!! and INTENSION FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!! and RIGHT IN TWO!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missed delek cause of the entrance line again. the lateralus solo seemed like a really interesting idea IN THEORY, but i didn't really think they added a whole lot unfortunately. maynard passing them his bottle was cool though :)
I will never again miss a tool show at red rocks!!!!

almost forgot, christopher meloni pushed passed us in the 8th row, at the end of Aenema, on tuesday lol awesome!!!

if anyone has any great pics of these shows or red rocks park itself, id love to trade!!!!!

THANK YOU TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEE YOU IN SEATTLE AND VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"this is the last song, so you all can put your clothes on...that means you chris." LOL

Last edited by merkaboy; 07-03-2010 at 10:42 AM..
OFFLINE |  
gnjasmkr's Avatar gnjasmkr
07-04-2010, 03:13 AM

First time at Red Rocks and HOLY F***ING SH*T!!! I did everything i could to get to these shows and after the first night i was just in a daze. I didn't care what they were going to play and after seeing the setlist of the first show in NOLA i was glad that i had bought my tickets. I can't even begin to tell you about night 2 and hearing Adam go into Intension but those who were there know what i'm talking about.

Third Eye - Just a great song to see again. Last time i heard this song was at the last show in Long Beach in '02 The new break was just nuts.

Jambi - One of my favorites and love hearing it everytime.

Stinkfst - Classic!

Vicarious - Again always great to hear.

Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient - Dead on and great to have heard this song again. The setlists of both nights combined and at Red Rocks have made these shows one of my favorite TOOL shows i have ever been to.

Intolerance - 1st time hearing this song and it just blew my mind.

Schism - Always great to hear

46 & 2 - Awesome as usual!

Lateralus - I never get tired of this song. When DC hits that gong... Well you know

Ænema - Kinda bummed and not that the song was at all bad but just knowing that it's the last song of the night.

My seat was in Row 23 Seat 7 but after 3 minutes into 3rd Eye i walked to where my friends were sitting in Row 17 Seats 140ish.

Merkaboy - It's funny you mentioned Christopher Meloni for the second night i had Row 32 Seat 133 but met up with my friends again where they were sitting and hung out there until the end of Jambi Row 27 Seat 83 right in the center to see the first 2 songs. After that i hung out on the side of the stairs for a bit and wanted to head to where my other friend was sitting in Row 9 Seats 18/19 but when i started heading down Row 10 i hit the rope and just stayed there facing almost center. The people around me were extremely cool and they didn't mind me staying there. I looked to my right and the guy next to me in the VIP section who didn't stop dancing the whole show was Christopher Meloni LOL!!! Being that close just made my night and being at that moment when they started playing Intension --> RIT --> Flood! < WOW!!! I'll hold these shows very close to me because i got to be there with friends and i'm glad it was a great and positive experience.

I can't wait for the next few shows. S.F., S.D., Vegas and the L.A. shows.
8/13-14/01... 11/01/01 11/24/02... 4/30/06 5/5/06/ 9/7-8/06 4/27/07 4/28/07 5/02-03/07 12/10/07 12/11/07 12/13/07 12/14/07... 7/21/09 8/08/09 8/22/09... 6/28/10 6/29/10 7/12/10 7/15/10 7/16/10 7/18/10 07/19/10... 1/14/11... 1/14/12 1/15/12 1/17/12 1/18/12 1/20-21/12 2/8/12...
Old 07-04-2010, 03:13 AM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

First time at Red Rocks and HOLY F***ING SH*T!!! I did everything i could to get to these shows and after the first night i was just in a daze. I didn't care what they were going to play and after seeing the setlist of the first show in NOLA i was glad that i had bought my tickets. I can't even begin to tell you about night 2 and hearing Adam go into Intension but those who were there know what i'm talking about.

Third Eye - Just a great song to see again. Last time i heard this song was at the last show in Long Beach in '02 The new break was just nuts.

Jambi - One of my favorites and love hearing it everytime.

Stinkfst - Classic!

Vicarious - Again always great to hear.

Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient - Dead on and great to have heard this song again. The setlists of both nights combined and at Red Rocks have made these shows one of my favorite TOOL shows i have ever been to.

Intolerance - 1st time hearing this song and it just blew my mind.

Schism - Always great to hear

46 & 2 - Awesome as usual!

Lateralus - I never get tired of this song. When DC hits that gong... Well you know

Ænema - Kinda bummed and not that the song was at all bad but just knowing that it's the last song of the night.

My seat was in Row 23 Seat 7 but after 3 minutes into 3rd Eye i walked to where my friends were sitting in Row 17 Seats 140ish.

Merkaboy - It's funny you mentioned Christopher Meloni for the second night i had Row 32 Seat 133 but met up with my friends again where they were sitting and hung out there until the end of Jambi Row 27 Seat 83 right in the center to see the first 2 songs. After that i hung out on the side of the stairs for a bit and wanted to head to where my other friend was sitting in Row 9 Seats 18/19 but when i started heading down Row 10 i hit the rope and just stayed there facing almost center. The people around me were extremely cool and they didn't mind me staying there. I looked to my right and the guy next to me in the VIP section who didn't stop dancing the whole show was Christopher Meloni LOL!!! Being that close just made my night and being at that moment when they started playing Intension --> RIT --> Flood! < WOW!!! I'll hold these shows very close to me because i got to be there with friends and i'm glad it was a great and positive experience.

I can't wait for the next few shows. S.F., S.D., Vegas and the L.A. shows.
8/13-14/01... 11/01/01 11/24/02... 4/30/06 5/5/06/ 9/7-8/06 4/27/07 4/28/07 5/02-03/07 12/10/07 12/11/07 12/13/07 12/14/07... 7/21/09 8/08/09 8/22/09... 6/28/10 6/29/10 7/12/10 7/15/10 7/16/10 7/18/10 07/19/10... 1/14/11... 1/14/12 1/15/12 1/17/12 1/18/12 1/20-21/12 2/8/12...
OFFLINE |  
ultratang7
07-11-2010, 01:41 PM

This was a great show. Although quite different from the next night, it had more of a basic concert vibe, complete with some dude spilling two of my beers at once as he stumbled by. They sounded good and it was cool to see everyone sort of in anticipation, like what are they gonna play next, and we all were relieved to hear how tight they sounded, All in all,a great night and a great prelude to what would follow the next night......
Old 07-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

This was a great show. Although quite different from the next night, it had more of a basic concert vibe, complete with some dude spilling two of my beers at once as he stumbled by. They sounded good and it was cool to see everyone sort of in anticipation, like what are they gonna play next, and we all were relieved to hear how tight they sounded, All in all,a great night and a great prelude to what would follow the next night......
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply