Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
author of bible's Avatar author of bible
03-30-2007, 02:13 PM

lets see..
jevons= "G" ones
= G times ones...
drop the G ..
lets all vote 1's....
Old 03-30-2007, 02:13 PM   #81
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 43
Re: Length of track 11:11, why?

lets see..
jevons= "G" ones
= G times ones...
drop the G ..
lets all vote 1's....
03-30-2007, 04:22 PM

I misplaced my copy of 10,000 days a couple of months back and to fill in the need to hear I downloaded an mp3 version. Now i cannot remember if the track length is listed on the sleeve, but the length of my mp3 of rosetta is 11:14. As you all seem to unaminously agree that its 11:11 in length Im thinking that it was listed as such even if the real track length does not correlate. If its just my mp3 thats like that fair enough (but I dont see how as its just ripped from the cd) but if its like that on the cd then I presume its done intentionally, it a real coincidence that this 11:11 theory references two becoming one and we do know that Tool like their numerology (vigniti tres). Good find.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #82
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

I misplaced my copy of 10,000 days a couple of months back and to fill in the need to hear I downloaded an mp3 version. Now i cannot remember if the track length is listed on the sleeve, but the length of my mp3 of rosetta is 11:14. As you all seem to unaminously agree that its 11:11 in length Im thinking that it was listed as such even if the real track length does not correlate. If its just my mp3 thats like that fair enough (but I dont see how as its just ripped from the cd) but if its like that on the cd then I presume its done intentionally, it a real coincidence that this 11:11 theory references two becoming one and we do know that Tool like their numerology (vigniti tres). Good find.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
jevons
03-30-2007, 04:26 PM

All of this is very interesting, but what does the song make you feel, exactly?

And authour of bible, what the fuck are you talking about?
jevons is my Irish last name, which is English, which was French, which means ''i go'' in very bad grammar.
Je viens = jevons, somehow....

I think they mock numerology.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #83
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

jevons is my Irish last name, which is English, which was French, which means ''i go'' in very bad grammar.

ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
03-30-2007, 05:07 PM

^^^ Yes I think they do too. Tool have a strange relationship with 'new age' philosophy they seem to both be intensely fascinated and highly amused by it simultaneously. I think it comes from a love of classic rock like Led Zep and the Stones they were always portrayed as dabbling in occult and new age stuff. I think Tool both emulate and mock this element of rock music - kinda like Tenacious D (in this respect only) but with far more intelligence and subtlety.

"Work hard. Stay in school. Listen to your Mother. Your Father is right"
Old 03-30-2007, 05:07 PM   #84
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

^^^ Yes I think they do too. Tool have a strange relationship with 'new age' philosophy they seem to both be intensely fascinated and highly amused by it simultaneously. I think it comes from a love of classic rock like Led Zep and the Stones they were always portrayed as dabbling in occult and new age stuff. I think Tool both emulate and mock this element of rock music - kinda like Tenacious D (in this respect only) but with far more intelligence and subtlety.

"Work hard. Stay in school. Listen to your Mother. Your Father is right"
03-31-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post

just an innocuous attempt to pull numbers outta your nick...
no offenses meant dude...
Old 03-31-2007, 04:29 PM   #85

Quote:

just an innocuous attempt to pull numbers outta your nick...
no offenses meant dude...
03-31-2007, 08:55 PM

I don't look into it that much, I think it just happens to be the length of the song. I do think the whole idea is interesting though and I was amused by a lot of the other posts here.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:55 PM   #86
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

I don't look into it that much, I think it just happens to be the length of the song. I do think the whole idea is interesting though and I was amused by a lot of the other posts here.
jevons
04-01-2007, 02:26 PM

i will personally flog the next human being who mentions tool and Mick Jagger's band in the same breath.

Cat 'o nine tails.

Fuck little mick jagger, aka GoatBoy.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #87
Banned.

i will personally flog the next human being who mentions tool and Mick Jagger's band in the same breath.

Cat 'o nine tails.

04-01-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:

Cat 'o nine tails.

lol..
Old 04-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #88

Quote:

Cat 'o nine tails.

lol..
04-04-2007, 07:00 PM

I think it is possible that we are the aliens, we are alienated from each other in a sense and from nature almost entirely. The imagry is just a projection of an archetypal figure from our collective unconscious pionting into the future, so there is this precognitve aspect to it as well. Aliens are highly advanced technologically and travel space and even time in Si-Fi literature.
The guy takes some drugs that penetrate th e boudry of normal consciousness and bring those type of archetypal figures into consciuosness( I once fought the Devil aka my shadow durring a trip) among other types of awareness. However this particular guy ended up in the hospital as a result of his trip. In all the articles I 've researched on LSD the hospital is the place you don't want to go, it will not help. So his trip has gone awry
Lipan conjuring starts out with this sacred type of chanting and progresses to an angry sream the scream of a race divided within and among ourselves. Perhaps the drugs could be used for a spiritual experience but not in this guys experience, he is the stereotypical drug user, trying to go to sleep, escape, and is unconsious. THe scream is echoed throught the rest of the song. He has seen our future THE FUCKING ALIENS we will become if we don't wake up(11:11). He is the one the chosen one, but he didn't graduate from high school he is unsure of himself and insecure but he is a hero. The hereo starts from humble begings and does the hero thing, chek out Joeseph campbell Hero of a THousand Faces.
We are all heros we can do it we can make the jouney through to self-awareness. This is a simultaneously satirical, tragic, and hopeful song depending on the listener. Above all it is one of there most powerful songs in my opinion and in my top ten. What I am getting at is that this song is telling us to wake up and why we must, we are the chosen ones if that helps, narssissism is something you have to take into consideration when dealing with ourselves.
So it is not a coincedence that this song's length is 11;11 when that number is considered a trigger for us to think bigger wake up and evolve.
I hope this clears up any vagueness that has been going on with this thread, and I welcome all critiscm even if it involves penises, campiegns or scientologist accusations, I know you are just projecting your shadows onto my persona I display as thezuesanator. And I onto yours....um should I say that?
I f anyone would like to take this further and pick out all the details following this type of thought It would be wonderful I just don't have the time right now but want to keep this thread ALIVE!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #89
Banned.

Bincount™: 84

I think it is possible that we are the aliens, we are alienated from each other in a sense and from nature almost entirely. The imagry is just a projection of an archetypal figure from our collective unconscious pionting into the future, so there is this precognitve aspect to it as well. Aliens are highly advanced technologically and travel space and even time in Si-Fi literature.
The guy takes some drugs that penetrate th e boudry of normal consciousness and bring those type of archetypal figures into consciuosness( I once fought the Devil aka my shadow durring a trip) among other types of awareness. However this particular guy ended up in the hospital as a result of his trip. In all the articles I 've researched on LSD the hospital is the place you don't want to go, it will not help. So his trip has gone awry
Lipan conjuring starts out with this sacred type of chanting and progresses to an angry sream the scream of a race divided within and among ourselves. Perhaps the drugs could be used for a spiritual experience but not in this guys experience, he is the stereotypical drug user, trying to go to sleep, escape, and is unconsious. THe scream is echoed throught the rest of the song. He has seen our future THE FUCKING ALIENS we will become if we don't wake up(11:11). He is the one the chosen one, but he didn't graduate from high school he is unsure of himself and insecure but he is a hero. The hereo starts from humble begings and does the hero thing, chek out Joeseph campbell Hero of a THousand Faces.
We are all heros we can do it we can make the jouney through to self-awareness. This is a simultaneously satirical, tragic, and hopeful song depending on the listener. Above all it is one of there most powerful songs in my opinion and in my top ten. What I am getting at is that this song is telling us to wake up and why we must, we are the chosen ones if that helps, narssissism is something you have to take into consideration when dealing with ourselves.
So it is not a coincedence that this song's length is 11;11 when that number is considered a trigger for us to think bigger wake up and evolve.
I hope this clears up any vagueness that has been going on with this thread, and I welcome all critiscm even if it involves penises, campiegns or scientologist accusations, I know you are just projecting your shadows onto my persona I display as thezuesanator. And I onto yours....um should I say that?
I f anyone would like to take this further and pick out all the details following this type of thought It would be wonderful I just don't have the time right now but want to keep this thread ALIVE!
thezeusanator
04-04-2007, 08:57 PM

freud wrote a whole entire book on the latent content humor reveals
Old 04-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #90
Banned.

thezeusanator
04-04-2007, 09:22 PM

hot dogs lots of hot dogs every day and i don't know why they're the only thing i eat

Last edited by thezeusanator; 04-04-2007 at 09:29 PM..
Old 04-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #91
Banned.

hot dogs lots of hot dogs every day and i don't know why they're the only thing i eat

Last edited by thezeusanator; 04-04-2007 at 09:29 PM..
thezeusanator
04-04-2007, 09:31 PM

but whaT about the other stuff penises were the only thing you picked out of it and that was your first association to the numbers, you could critisize my interpretation at least
Old 04-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #92
Banned.

but whaT about the other stuff penises were the only thing you picked out of it and that was your first association to the numbers, you could critisize my interpretation at least
04-05-2007, 02:43 AM

and the thread lives on..
Old 04-05-2007, 02:43 AM   #93

and the thread lives on..
04-18-2007, 01:54 PM

One could take anything and spin infinite levels of meaning from it.
Even when actually taking 1.
And no, I don't mean in the...
Old 04-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #94

One could take anything and spin infinite levels of meaning from it.
Even when actually taking 1.
And no, I don't mean in the...
jevons
04-18-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezeusanator View Post
The dirty jokes about Bosnians he trades on the train, then they forget what they were talking about... priceless.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #95
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezeusanator View Post
The dirty jokes about Bosnians he trades on the train, then they forget what they were talking about... priceless.
Caduceus11's Avatar Caduceus11
04-18-2007, 05:13 PM

Always the naysayers....
Begin: Begin the system of letting go! Let go of what you think is impossible. Hell, people have believed in crazier shit that any of the '11 theories.' I have personally been running into that number and making people think I'm some kind of crazy-person for years talking about it. (My younger brother for one thought I was crazy until one day we were talking about it and a small piece of paper came blowing by. I hadn't seen what was written on it and I said,"U think I'm crazy? And then I picked up the paper and it was one of the "Inspected by" tags from an underwear package. And yes, Inspected by "#11" From then on he's been less likely to call me crazy"
In any case, Start the letting go process, people, and things you may now think are foolish or impossible may not be as ludicrous as you think now. TRY something new. "Question authority.
Back to the 11's: I've created my own theories about what it was or what it meant, and tho, I am very interested, have never heard of this"Solaris" either, but that's kind of what I thought it was...something the universe (GOD if u must) was trying to tell me....I'm still learning....still searching....
what I want to stick here is for people to open their minds about things like this...
and to remember this: Believe it, and its true (to you) so what do you beleive>?
Old 04-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #96
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Always the naysayers....
Begin: Begin the system of letting go! Let go of what you think is impossible. Hell, people have believed in crazier shit that any of the '11 theories.' I have personally been running into that number and making people think I'm some kind of crazy-person for years talking about it. (My younger brother for one thought I was crazy until one day we were talking about it and a small piece of paper came blowing by. I hadn't seen what was written on it and I said,"U think I'm crazy? And then I picked up the paper and it was one of the "Inspected by" tags from an underwear package. And yes, Inspected by "#11" From then on he's been less likely to call me crazy"
In any case, Start the letting go process, people, and things you may now think are foolish or impossible may not be as ludicrous as you think now. TRY something new. "Question authority.
Back to the 11's: I've created my own theories about what it was or what it meant, and tho, I am very interested, have never heard of this"Solaris" either, but that's kind of what I thought it was...something the universe (GOD if u must) was trying to tell me....I'm still learning....still searching....
what I want to stick here is for people to open their minds about things like this...
and to remember this: Believe it, and its true (to you) so what do you beleive>?
04-18-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Okay, maybe the song length is 11:11 because, similarly to the character in the story (the chosen one,) people who attach significance to these numbers have acquired a false sense of enlightenment.

People everywhere think they're "chosen" because they look at the clock at 11:11 each day.

(Incidentally, I think a lot of this album is about false enlightenment which makes it an interesting followup to Lateralus. Maybe that's why a lot of people don't like it as much; they're subconsciously picking up on all of the negative stuff without realizing it was intentional.)
I dont agree that it is negative. I feel that it's more of an interpretive view of Lateralus, and where Lateralus has brought us collectively. (Hopefully) Negative comes with the posative and I think this album is very straight-forward for a reason. Maybe because it could be.

I think that this song depicts the feeling of enlightenment in all its fearful glory and then the inevitable feeling of coming down brought on by him saying or thinking during the time of enlightenment, that he wondered "Will I ever be coming down?"
By saying this key phrase the enlightened puts up a barrier of reality in the middle of their unconscious enlightenment that their time in this place of knowledge and serenity is condemned to dwindle,almost asking for it. The enlightened feels like they "shit the bed" or "shit the bed again." Because they know that the human mind isn't capable of maintaining that level of conscious enlightenment. But lets not be negative, because this proves that it is possible to use our minds to speak freely to one another move things with our minds and even alter our state of reality. So, we got that goin' for us.

go mushrooms!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #97
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Okay, maybe the song length is 11:11 because, similarly to the character in the story (the chosen one,) people who attach significance to these numbers have acquired a false sense of enlightenment.

People everywhere think they're "chosen" because they look at the clock at 11:11 each day.

(Incidentally, I think a lot of this album is about false enlightenment which makes it an interesting followup to Lateralus. Maybe that's why a lot of people don't like it as much; they're subconsciously picking up on all of the negative stuff without realizing it was intentional.)
I dont agree that it is negative. I feel that it's more of an interpretive view of Lateralus, and where Lateralus has brought us collectively. (Hopefully) Negative comes with the posative and I think this album is very straight-forward for a reason. Maybe because it could be.

I think that this song depicts the feeling of enlightenment in all its fearful glory and then the inevitable feeling of coming down brought on by him saying or thinking during the time of enlightenment, that he wondered "Will I ever be coming down?"
By saying this key phrase the enlightened puts up a barrier of reality in the middle of their unconscious enlightenment that their time in this place of knowledge and serenity is condemned to dwindle,almost asking for it. The enlightened feels like they "shit the bed" or "shit the bed again." Because they know that the human mind isn't capable of maintaining that level of conscious enlightenment. But lets not be negative, because this proves that it is possible to use our minds to speak freely to one another move things with our minds and even alter our state of reality. So, we got that goin' for us.

go mushrooms!
thezeusanator
04-18-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:

its not that they think there chosen, maybe some do. You are missing the point. To look at a clock does not mean you are enlightened, it is the repetition of and it being a synchronitic-like experience. THe fact that many people experience it makes it phenomenon. It has become a theory in terms of the evolution of our consciouness, as a signpost to open yourself to more. Perhaps a colletive realization of unity consciuosness, and it does not have to be reduced to only this particular experience. So i sugest that the length of the track is sugesting this becuase of the disharmonic consciouness of the guy in the song.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #98
Banned.

Quote:

its not that they think there chosen, maybe some do. You are missing the point. To look at a clock does not mean you are enlightened, it is the repetition of and it being a synchronitic-like experience. THe fact that many people experience it makes it phenomenon. It has become a theory in terms of the evolution of our consciouness, as a signpost to open yourself to more. Perhaps a colletive realization of unity consciuosness, and it does not have to be reduced to only this particular experience. So i sugest that the length of the track is sugesting this becuase of the disharmonic consciouness of the guy in the song.
oualt-edu's Avatar oualt-edu
04-21-2007, 10:12 AM

anyone noticed the time that the story in disgustipated begins? maybe at one minute and eleven seconds, anyone ever notice the song jimmy where maynard wails eleven seven times, the number eleven is a parabola, the number one looks just like a um well a line, maybe we should read between the lines
Old 04-21-2007, 10:12 AM   #99
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

anyone noticed the time that the story in disgustipated begins? maybe at one minute and eleven seconds, anyone ever notice the song jimmy where maynard wails eleven seven times, the number eleven is a parabola, the number one looks just like a um well a line, maybe we should read between the lines
WaggySTG
05-23-2007, 06:52 PM

I saw the cut-out from Revolver when they were in it, and the clock points to both 11 and 23 (the clock had 24 numbers on it, I think).
Old 05-23-2007, 06:52 PM   #100
Level 2 - Poster

I saw the cut-out from Revolver when they were in it, and the clock points to both 11 and 23 (the clock had 24 numbers on it, I think).
WaggySTG
05-23-2007, 06:53 PM

11 is not a parabola, it's a palindrome (sic)
Old 05-23-2007, 06:53 PM   #101
Level 2 - Poster

11 is not a parabola, it's a palindrome (sic)
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
05-23-2007, 07:26 PM

I'm glad the mods left this one alone ... see! You could've banned somebody. Bring back Slicknickshady. (the only awesome Tool-head from D-town)
Old 05-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #102
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

I'm glad the mods left this one alone ... see! You could've banned somebody. Bring back Slicknickshady. (the only awesome Tool-head from D-town)
06-13-2007, 04:49 PM

i dunno but i read this on facebook... maybe it could help a lil?

The Mayan Calendar reaches the end of its Great Cycle at 11:11 universal time, the solstice. The Great Cycle is 5,125 years long, and began in 3114 BC. For the Mayans, the end of the cycle symbolised a rebirth into a new era.

So... they think that December 21, 2012 is The Apocalypse somehow. Is this all bullshit? Thoughts plz.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #103
Level 4 - Thinker

i dunno but i read this on facebook... maybe it could help a lil?

The Mayan Calendar reaches the end of its Great Cycle at 11:11 universal time, the solstice. The Great Cycle is 5,125 years long, and began in 3114 BC. For the Mayans, the end of the cycle symbolised a rebirth into a new era.

So... they think that December 21, 2012 is The Apocalypse somehow. Is this all bullshit? Thoughts plz.
06-13-2007, 07:12 PM

I haven't ever seen or read a reputable source mention hours or minutes when refering to 12/21/2012. I've only seen that info tossed around on forums and such, mainly this one.

Will it be AM or PM? Or since Universal time refers to G.M.T., am I to assume the time is based on the 24 hour clock? In which case the 'world will end' at 5:11 am in the Mayan time zone?

I don't think hours or minutes or 11:11 fit in with the Mayan stuff, and as for the long count calender / great cycle ending, I just always assumed they got bored with it, or sick of writing it out, or they ran out of room on that big calender pyramid.

In my opinion, it is total horseshit (the apocalypse that is; if I'm wrong, I owe each of you a Coke, hell, make it a blowjob). This is all based on many assumptions, the first of which is that they are even translating the language/numbers properly. Some people still insist that it will be 12/23.

If anyone knows of any real correlation of the time and date I'd loved to know about it.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #104

Bincount™: 20

I haven't ever seen or read a reputable source mention hours or minutes when refering to 12/21/2012. I've only seen that info tossed around on forums and such, mainly this one.

Will it be AM or PM? Or since Universal time refers to G.M.T., am I to assume the time is based on the 24 hour clock? In which case the 'world will end' at 5:11 am in the Mayan time zone?

I don't think hours or minutes or 11:11 fit in with the Mayan stuff, and as for the long count calender / great cycle ending, I just always assumed they got bored with it, or sick of writing it out, or they ran out of room on that big calender pyramid.

In my opinion, it is total horseshit (the apocalypse that is; if I'm wrong, I owe each of you a Coke, hell, make it a blowjob). This is all based on many assumptions, the first of which is that they are even translating the language/numbers properly. Some people still insist that it will be 12/23.

If anyone knows of any real correlation of the time and date I'd loved to know about it.
[blue]
06-14-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiola View Post

My thoughts exactly. i just assume its bull, but i wouldnt mind hearing from someone about it who actually knows what they're talking about. Or maybe I could just look some of it up myself, and stop being a lazy ass.

uh... did i mention this song is the shit, by the way?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:51 AM   #105
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

My thoughts exactly. i just assume its bull, but i wouldnt mind hearing from someone about it who actually knows what they're talking about. Or maybe I could just look some of it up myself, and stop being a lazy ass.

uh... did i mention this song is the shit, by the way?
06-14-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:

I read all of that and heard free blowjob...where do I sign?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #106
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:

06-14-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Just PM me on 12/22/2012 (or 12/24) and I'll be right over (assuming the apocalypse happens, of course). You sure you wouldn't rather have a coke?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #107

Quote:
Just PM me on 12/22/2012 (or 12/24) and I'll be right over (assuming the apocalypse happens, of course). You sure you wouldn't rather have a coke?
[blue]
06-14-2007, 10:18 AM

i'll take a coke. *mooch*
Old 06-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #108
Level 4 - Thinker

i'll take a coke. *mooch*
06-14-2007, 10:34 AM

Seriously though, I haven't found anything anywhere that gives the time of day that everything is supposed to go down on 12/21/2012. So, as for 11:11 having to do with the Mayan phenomenon, I think we can put that to rest.

For those who think the track length is a coincidence, you have to take into account Lost Keys. By dividing the song into 2 tracks, which segue with approximately 10 seconds of feedback, gave them the little bit of fudge room to make it exactly 11:11. Calculating the length of a song in the writing stage is fairly easy if you know the time sigs and the BPMs.

I personally dig the correlation to the 'false sense of enlightenment' theory posited by others in this thread. That seems like the clever, smart-ass Tool that I've come to know and love.

PS I hope that the Four Horsemen blast Opiate on a boom box when the shit goes down.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #109

Seriously though, I haven't found anything anywhere that gives the time of day that everything is supposed to go down on 12/21/2012. So, as for 11:11 having to do with the Mayan phenomenon, I think we can put that to rest.

For those who think the track length is a coincidence, you have to take into account Lost Keys. By dividing the song into 2 tracks, which segue with approximately 10 seconds of feedback, gave them the little bit of fudge room to make it exactly 11:11. Calculating the length of a song in the writing stage is fairly easy if you know the time sigs and the BPMs.

I personally dig the correlation to the 'false sense of enlightenment' theory posited by others in this thread. That seems like the clever, smart-ass Tool that I've come to know and love.

PS I hope that the Four Horsemen blast Opiate on a boom box when the shit goes down.
PShepherd11's Avatar PShepherd11
06-14-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
agreed
This is definitely a first, Inner and Hobble agreeing on something.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #110
Level 11 - Moogle (tdn $upporter)

Location: Chocobo's Forest Job: Save games & sell goods Description: Fuzzy little winged creature
Bincount™: 694

Quote:
agreed
This is definitely a first, Inner and Hobble agreeing on something.
TWENTY-THREE's Avatar TWENTY-THREE
06-14-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn-tool View Post
I have never done drugs, smoked, or drank alcohol! and i see the number alot on my clock 11:11 (just getting back on maynard's quote) and so does the number 3:33. and there are some "cult" or whatever who are buying people off.. check : http://www.1111spiritguardians.com/
the number has some sorta spiritual aura around it. i started seeing it at a certain of time where a big change in my life happend. so i believe that it has something into it. but i dont want to join a sick "cult" that believes that they are the "chosen ones" .... hmmm ?? could it be....

i know the length is significant. infact very!! its just a feeling. probably people would say to shove that feeling up my ass!! but i dont care. its what the song represents to me. i think the ^^quote^^ has beautiful information. and i think i can really really relate it to my expriences. thanks for the info thezuesanator, please keep posting.
It's an overwhelming feeling of peace and "I'll be alright"-edness that comes with 11:11. It's happened to me too during huge changes in my life and the deaths of loved ones. It seems to be a reminder that they(the deceased/hyper-conscious) are alright, and I will be too. Very reassuring, and I feel a wave of energy pass through me as I write this too, as though it is important/good news.

[On a side note, I have been seeing 11:23 a lot too. I mean daily. It's message seems to demand respect, but offer BOTH overwhelming hope, and iverwhelming warning.]

Wait, huge though occured. Freaky waves are getting stronger. The line "A message of hope to those who choose to hear it, and a warning to those who don't" keeps coming into my head.

By the way, I'm hardcore straight edge and a 4.0 student, so I'm not high or crazy.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:57 PM   #111

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn-tool View Post
I have never done drugs, smoked, or drank alcohol! and i see the number alot on my clock 11:11 (just getting back on maynard's quote) and so does the number 3:33. and there are some "cult" or whatever who are buying people off.. check : http://www.1111spiritguardians.com/
the number has some sorta spiritual aura around it. i started seeing it at a certain of time where a big change in my life happend. so i believe that it has something into it. but i dont want to join a sick "cult" that believes that they are the "chosen ones" .... hmmm ?? could it be....

i know the length is significant. infact very!! its just a feeling. probably people would say to shove that feeling up my ass!! but i dont care. its what the song represents to me. i think the ^^quote^^ has beautiful information. and i think i can really really relate it to my expriences. thanks for the info thezuesanator, please keep posting.
It's an overwhelming feeling of peace and "I'll be alright"-edness that comes with 11:11. It's happened to me too during huge changes in my life and the deaths of loved ones. It seems to be a reminder that they(the deceased/hyper-conscious) are alright, and I will be too. Very reassuring, and I feel a wave of energy pass through me as I write this too, as though it is important/good news.

[On a side note, I have been seeing 11:23 a lot too. I mean daily. It's message seems to demand respect, but offer BOTH overwhelming hope, and iverwhelming warning.]

Wait, huge though occured. Freaky waves are getting stronger. The line "A message of hope to those who choose to hear it, and a warning to those who don't" keeps coming into my head.

By the way, I'm hardcore straight edge and a 4.0 student, so I'm not high or crazy.
06-15-2007, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I suppose that depends on if you're a guy or girl...I answered a little too quickly yesterday and didn't take that thought into account...lol Anyhow, I don't see how ANY guy in their right mind would take up a Coke over a good BJ
Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #112
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I suppose that depends on if you're a guy or girl...I answered a little too quickly yesterday and didn't take that thought into account...lol Anyhow, I don't see how ANY guy in their right mind would take up a Coke over a good BJ
06-15-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWENTY-THREE View Post

Yeah but, I'll bet prior to this album you could've seen 11:23 a million times and never thought twice about it. Just like 11:11, it's just a pre-dispositioned thought. Until you heard of it as a kid you probably never thought twice about it either. Not to diminish any symbolic meaning the number may actually have but, I think it's all in our heads and would've never meant a thing if we had never had the notion put in our heads.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:26 AM   #113
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWENTY-THREE View Post

Yeah but, I'll bet prior to this album you could've seen 11:23 a million times and never thought twice about it. Just like 11:11, it's just a pre-dispositioned thought. Until you heard of it as a kid you probably never thought twice about it either. Not to diminish any symbolic meaning the number may actually have but, I think it's all in our heads and would've never meant a thing if we had never had the notion put in our heads.
06-15-2007, 10:23 AM

Man, you guys are going to love this:

The Atlantic City show on June 9th ended at exactly 11:11 pm. I have proof if it's necessary, but for now just take my word on it.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 06-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #114
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Man, you guys are going to love this:

The Atlantic City show on June 9th ended at exactly 11:11 pm. I have proof if it's necessary, but for now just take my word on it.

DTA = don't trust anyone
TWENTY-THREE's Avatar TWENTY-THREE
06-15-2007, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Actually, I saw it before I even learned or heard of it. I then thought it merely a coincidence. No need to get overly ambitious, but in truth I really do feel that there is a message of peace/hope/alright-edness.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #115

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Actually, I saw it before I even learned or heard of it. I then thought it merely a coincidence. No need to get overly ambitious, but in truth I really do feel that there is a message of peace/hope/alright-edness.
06-22-2007, 12:09 PM

and it continues, I knew I was on to something.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #116
Banned.

and it continues, I knew I was on to something.
Ghostwriter's Avatar Ghostwriter
06-22-2007, 12:32 PM

Look at the Jimmy lyrics.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #117
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

Look at the Jimmy lyrics.
Codemanduza
06-23-2007, 08:20 PM

It's 11:11 because Maynard wanted us all to make a wish after the song was over.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:20 PM   #118
Level 1 - Lurker

It's 11:11 because Maynard wanted us all to make a wish after the song was over.
deadheadchemistry3
06-24-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codemanduza View Post
thats what ive always heard when you see the clock and they all have the same numbers make a wish ive made alot of wishes on these coincidences(*probably mispelled) but i dont think any of them came true i think there may be something to this numbers thing maybe it is only coincidence who knows but as i was reading all this i had a thought has anyone ever looked into the mayan culture and how they were supposedly obsessed with time maybe they refer to this theory in some way
" needless to say,reporters of the 40's and 50's made it their business to interview every schmo that claimed they had had an "encounter". it always seemed as though they were interviewing the same guy, the same farmer from somewhere like Devil's Asshole, Alabama"
Ufo's,JFK,and Elvis by Richard Belzer
Old 06-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #119
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codemanduza View Post
thats what ive always heard when you see the clock and they all have the same numbers make a wish ive made alot of wishes on these coincidences(*probably mispelled) but i dont think any of them came true i think there may be something to this numbers thing maybe it is only coincidence who knows but as i was reading all this i had a thought has anyone ever looked into the mayan culture and how they were supposedly obsessed with time maybe they refer to this theory in some way
" needless to say,reporters of the 40's and 50's made it their business to interview every schmo that claimed they had had an "encounter". it always seemed as though they were interviewing the same guy, the same farmer from somewhere like Devil's Asshole, Alabama"
Ufo's,JFK,and Elvis by Richard Belzer
FrankusChrist's Avatar FrankusChrist
06-24-2007, 06:18 PM

In Jimmy maynard says "11" 6 times. i must agree there is some kind of conection we are supposed to be making what it is i do not know
Old 06-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #120
Level 2 - Poster

In Jimmy maynard says "11" 6 times. i must agree there is some kind of conection we are supposed to be making what it is i do not know

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply