Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Gov's Avatar Gov
11-19-2007, 12:43 PM

I think its about a fan having a an acid trip and meeting Maynard, but hes very nervous or doesn't know what to say, hes strapped down to a bed so to say. So we have this kid now looking at Maynard like he is a god and he is the chosen one. So Maynard said you better listen. But you didn't even pay attention, looked right through him. The fan is in disbelief and can't believe he doesn't know what to say because all along before he has been thinking about what to say. But can't believe he messed up. Shit the bed. Maynard doesn't even know were to begin when the fan showed him that.

Maynard responds I think to all of us with the overwhelmed as one may be placed in my position, certainly a heavy burden to be the one...that verse is addressed to all of us in my opinion. But he forgot his pen, he doesn't know what to do; just like the acid head he met.

He don't know, won't know. The details about our origins or ending. So I believe Tool gave us a great start with Intension and Right In Two, we can use those songs as a stepping block. To discover for ourselves what we choose to believe.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
Gov
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Fan

I think its about a fan having a an acid trip and meeting Maynard, but hes very nervous or doesn't know what to say, hes strapped down to a bed so to say. So we have this kid now looking at Maynard like he is a god and he is the chosen one. So Maynard said you better listen. But you didn't even pay attention, looked right through him. The fan is in disbelief and can't believe he doesn't know what to say because all along before he has been thinking about what to say. But can't believe he messed up. Shit the bed. Maynard doesn't even know were to begin when the fan showed him that.

Maynard responds I think to all of us with the overwhelmed as one may be placed in my position, certainly a heavy burden to be the one...that verse is addressed to all of us in my opinion. But he forgot his pen, he doesn't know what to do; just like the acid head he met.

He don't know, won't know. The details about our origins or ending. So I believe Tool gave us a great start with Intension and Right In Two, we can use those songs as a stepping block. To discover for ourselves what we choose to believe.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
11-19-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

Wow, you should really take a step back and rethink that one.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

Wow, you should really take a step back and rethink that one.
11-19-2007, 08:12 PM

I don't understand Eulogy I think it really fits. What is there to rethink? Why can't Rossetta Stoned be told from the perspective of a fan, then switch to Maynards. I really want to understand this album and artwork. Please give me points against my idea so I can better understand this song and album. Clearly I am way off.

In the new Puscifer album doesn't it say no puzzle here acid head?

Last edited by Gov; 11-19-2007 at 08:18 PM..
Old 11-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
Gov
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Fan

I don't understand Eulogy I think it really fits. What is there to rethink? Why can't Rossetta Stoned be told from the perspective of a fan, then switch to Maynards. I really want to understand this album and artwork. Please give me points against my idea so I can better understand this song and album. Clearly I am way off.

In the new Puscifer album doesn't it say no puzzle here acid head?

Last edited by Gov; 11-19-2007 at 08:18 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply