Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
hobblegobble's Avatar hobblegobble
02-20-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Yeah yeah yeah, we've all read that and for the most part it's right. See, the fucking point you're making is a generalization whereas I'm speaking specifically about the BOB reference in Rosetta Stoned. No, I never said there was a website that tells you everything it's all about. If I recall correctly it was on the official website in one of the newsletters where Blair or whoever went over this question from a fan and clearly stated that Bob was a joking reference to God by Maynard. This SAME reference can be seen in a few other places as well. Whatever, if the fucking idiots wanna run around and scream out it's Bob Saget or Bobcat or whatever fucking idiotic nonsense they can think of then fine. I just think it's fucking stupid, and we're entitled to our opinions aren't we now....
Hmmm..mmkkk..so...this place would be a whole lot better if everyone was like Inner and stated the obvious. Gee, that sounds like fun...Sometimes I wonder why you are here Inner. Other than trying to prove an OBVIOUS point to everyone here....and uhh...sorry but your comments really don't come off as requiring much thinking.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #81
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 906
Re: bob help me

Quote:
Yeah yeah yeah, we've all read that and for the most part it's right. See, the fucking point you're making is a generalization whereas I'm speaking specifically about the BOB reference in Rosetta Stoned. No, I never said there was a website that tells you everything it's all about. If I recall correctly it was on the official website in one of the newsletters where Blair or whoever went over this question from a fan and clearly stated that Bob was a joking reference to God by Maynard. This SAME reference can be seen in a few other places as well. Whatever, if the fucking idiots wanna run around and scream out it's Bob Saget or Bobcat or whatever fucking idiotic nonsense they can think of then fine. I just think it's fucking stupid, and we're entitled to our opinions aren't we now....
Hmmm..mmkkk..so...this place would be a whole lot better if everyone was like Inner and stated the obvious. Gee, that sounds like fun...Sometimes I wonder why you are here Inner. Other than trying to prove an OBVIOUS point to everyone here....and uhh...sorry but your comments really don't come off as requiring much thinking.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
02-20-2007, 11:43 AM

In regards to my points being a "generalization"...that's fine..whatever....i'm just speaking for everyone here who may also be sick of your ignorant, half-assed posts.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #82
Level 7 - Loquacious

In regards to my points being a "generalization"...that's fine..whatever....i'm just speaking for everyone here who may also be sick of your ignorant, half-assed posts.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
02-21-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobblegobble View Post
...similar to your fucking half-sized brain and lack of intelligence
Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #83
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
02-21-2007, 10:17 AM

I will turn this goddamn bus around, and i'm gonna start swinging, and so help me God whoever i hit, well that's just too bad now, isn't it?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #84
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

I will turn this goddamn bus around, and i'm gonna start swinging, and so help me God whoever i hit, well that's just too bad now, isn't it?
02-21-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
that's okay Inner...i've realized your innability to make relevant comments in defense for yourself. You no longer have to prove how much your posts lack any thought provoking interest.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #85
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
that's okay Inner...i've realized your innability to make relevant comments in defense for yourself. You no longer have to prove how much your posts lack any thought provoking interest.
02-21-2007, 10:38 AM

Maybe I should start an InnerEulogy/HobbleGobble thread where we can just duke it out without anyone having to read it..
Old 02-21-2007, 10:38 AM   #86
Level 7 - Loquacious

Maybe I should start an InnerEulogy/HobbleGobble thread where we can just duke it out without anyone having to read it..
PShepherd11's Avatar PShepherd11
02-21-2007, 10:45 AM

There's an idea. ^
Old 02-21-2007, 10:45 AM   #87
Level 11 - Moogle (tdn $upporter)

Location: Chocobo's Forest Job: Save games & sell goods Description: Fuzzy little winged creature
Bincount™: 694

There's an idea. ^
02-21-2007, 12:05 PM

Inner, why don't we get my half sized brain and your half sized brain, mush them together and unite...InnerHobble...forces against evil...
Old 02-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #88
Level 7 - Loquacious

Inner, why don't we get my half sized brain and your half sized brain, mush them together and unite...InnerHobble...forces against evil...
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
02-21-2007, 09:06 PM

In my opinion.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 02-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #89
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

In my opinion.

02-22-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Ya' know it's awfully pathetic that the only thing you've done is repeated the same thing over and over again on every thread about how my posts lack "any thought proviking interest". Is that the only fucking thing you're pee-sized brain is capable of conjuring? Because that's the ONLY thing you've said like a broken record. Get over yourself there fatty.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #90
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Ya' know it's awfully pathetic that the only thing you've done is repeated the same thing over and over again on every thread about how my posts lack "any thought proviking interest". Is that the only fucking thing you're pee-sized brain is capable of conjuring? Because that's the ONLY thing you've said like a broken record. Get over yourself there fatty.
02-22-2007, 11:39 AM

that was a joke Inner, it's called "sense of humor" you should try it sometime...I think you need to get over yourself...see ya...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:39 AM   #91
Level 7 - Loquacious

that was a joke Inner, it's called "sense of humor" you should try it sometime...I think you need to get over yourself...see ya...
PShepherd11's Avatar PShepherd11
02-22-2007, 12:00 PM

Hobblegobble, what happened to the idea of creating a thread some place else? Now when I see that the "bob help me" thread has replies, it just means you're trying to prove something to Inner and has nothing do with the original subject. For once, you actually had a good idea...
Old 02-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #92

Location: Chocobo's Forest Job: Save games & sell goods Description: Fuzzy little winged creature

Hobblegobble, what happened to the idea of creating a thread some place else? Now when I see that the "bob help me" thread has replies, it just means you're trying to prove something to Inner and has nothing do with the original subject. For once, you actually had a good idea...
02-22-2007, 01:45 PM

hey Shep, you're replying to my posts, which makes you just as "guilty". Regardless, it was an idea and not a promise. Soooo..thanks for the opinion Sheps..i'll make sure to stick it in my little box of opinions...
Old 02-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #93
Level 7 - Loquacious

hey Shep, you're replying to my posts, which makes you just as "guilty". Regardless, it was an idea and not a promise. Soooo..thanks for the opinion Sheps..i'll make sure to stick it in my little box of opinions...
DrJones's Avatar DrJones
02-22-2007, 03:59 PM

Interesting...whenever hobble and inner are in same thread....the original topic goes to shit real quick and no one can bring it back to save anyone's life.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:59 PM   #94
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Interesting...whenever hobble and inner are in same thread....the original topic goes to shit real quick and no one can bring it back to save anyone's life.
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
02-22-2007, 04:56 PM

You ruined my thread :(
Old 02-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #95
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

You ruined my thread :(
02-22-2007, 05:44 PM

Well to echo an earlier post, either in this thread or some other, there is a reference to the Puscifer Myspace page where he is writing a blog about this dream he has where God comes down and talks to him and tells him that we got it wrong and that his name is "Bob", not "God".

I mean, it might mean some other specific Bob, but that blog posting is a hint-and-a-half for yo' ass. Don't overanalyze that which has been established.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #96
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

Well to echo an earlier post, either in this thread or some other, there is a reference to the Puscifer Myspace page where he is writing a blog about this dream he has where God comes down and talks to him and tells him that we got it wrong and that his name is "Bob", not "God".

I mean, it might mean some other specific Bob, but that blog posting is a hint-and-a-half for yo' ass. Don't overanalyze that which has been established.

02-23-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
i'm sorry it's so hard for you to just avoid replying or reading the posts...and i'm sorry you find it necessary to post a reply on something you apparantly wish would go away..interesting...
Old 02-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #97
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
i'm sorry it's so hard for you to just avoid replying or reading the posts...and i'm sorry you find it necessary to post a reply on something you apparantly wish would go away..interesting...
DrJones's Avatar DrJones
02-23-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
What am I wishing would go away?

Apologies accepted.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:04 PM   #98
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
What am I wishing would go away?

Apologies accepted.
02-26-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post

Thank you. I also remember reading either one of the ToolBand newsletters or a magazine interview where the band specifially answered this question stating it was the same reference you're mentioning above. And that's exactly what I've been trying to say. All these people you could tell the world is round, fly 'em out to space and show it to them personally and then come back and they'd sit there like "uh, you sure it's not flat?". I mean how fucking stupid can one be I ask. Hobble is just an insecure little monkey girl that won't shut the hell up and get back on topic.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #99
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post

Thank you. I also remember reading either one of the ToolBand newsletters or a magazine interview where the band specifially answered this question stating it was the same reference you're mentioning above. And that's exactly what I've been trying to say. All these people you could tell the world is round, fly 'em out to space and show it to them personally and then come back and they'd sit there like "uh, you sure it's not flat?". I mean how fucking stupid can one be I ask. Hobble is just an insecure little monkey girl that won't shut the hell up and get back on topic.
02-26-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Hobble is just an insecure little monkey girl that won't shut the hell up and get back on topic.
LOL!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #100

Quote:
Hobble is just an insecure little monkey girl that won't shut the hell up and get back on topic.
LOL!
02-26-2007, 12:40 PM

oo oo ah ah
Old 02-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #101
Level 7 - Loquacious

oo oo ah ah
ashdelecour's Avatar ashdelecour
03-09-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Yes, Bob is who sold the Krispy Kreme donuts to him, so while he was tripping his balls off into the void of insanity, Bob..the Krispy Kreme employee was who he called out for help. In the words of the Gusiness commercials "BRILLIANT"
I thought so....but as I also stated I think that God=Bob is the best reference to who Bob is. However what if the abducted person didn't believe in any type of relegion, then it would most accurate to remember the last person spoke to which is where I came up with my idea of the whole Krispy Kreme donut thing. Either way I don't really care who Bob is referiing to. I think the song rocks and is another reason why Tool is/are musical genious'.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #102
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Yes, Bob is who sold the Krispy Kreme donuts to him, so while he was tripping his balls off into the void of insanity, Bob..the Krispy Kreme employee was who he called out for help. In the words of the Gusiness commercials "BRILLIANT"
I thought so....but as I also stated I think that God=Bob is the best reference to who Bob is. However what if the abducted person didn't believe in any type of relegion, then it would most accurate to remember the last person spoke to which is where I came up with my idea of the whole Krispy Kreme donut thing. Either way I don't really care who Bob is referiing to. I think the song rocks and is another reason why Tool is/are musical genious'.
03-10-2007, 10:39 AM

Maynard blogged in his myspace the joke about the angel who wiped his ass with a paper written on it "God" then the shit made the word "God" look like "bob" ... i think its still posted there.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:39 AM   #103
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Maynard blogged in his myspace the joke about the angel who wiped his ass with a paper written on it "God" then the shit made the word "God" look like "bob" ... i think its still posted there.
jevons
03-11-2007, 03:30 AM

My cats' breath smells like wasted time.

Wasted time.

I have a pet i could calll Wasted Time.

God fucking help Bob.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:30 AM   #104
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

My cats' breath smells like wasted time.

Wasted time.

I have a pet i could calll Wasted Time.

God fucking help Bob.
Arkham Asylum's Avatar Arkham Asylum
07-20-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by januscomplex View Post
hmmm
"...like that time Dave floated away."
"Bob help me"

maybe he's talking about Bob and David from Mr. Show.
Tool was on the first season

:P

Sure, Maynard's little blog update mentioned Bob. It could mean that AND also be a quick shout-out to his friends Bob Odenkirk and David Cross of Mr. Show.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 07-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #105
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by januscomplex View Post
hmmm
"...like that time Dave floated away."
"Bob help me"

maybe he's talking about Bob and David from Mr. Show.
Tool was on the first season

:P

Sure, Maynard's little blog update mentioned Bob. It could mean that AND also be a quick shout-out to his friends Bob Odenkirk and David Cross of Mr. Show.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Peanut's Parents's Avatar Peanut's Parents
10-30-2007, 01:19 PM

I know I'm forever late, but i argee with Blanket, It's Bob Ross

That guy was a undercover "G", with his afro and his tiny brushes that no one knew about.

But then cerally, Arkham might have it. Bob Odenkirk and David Cross. Maybe, just Maybe
Old 10-30-2007, 01:19 PM   #106
Level 4 - Thinker

I know I'm forever late, but i argee with Blanket, It's Bob Ross

That guy was a undercover "G", with his afro and his tiny brushes that no one knew about.

But then cerally, Arkham might have it. Bob Odenkirk and David Cross. Maybe, just Maybe
10-30-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham Asylum View Post

Um, no
Old 10-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #107
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Um, no
10-31-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Um, no
I actually agree with you. I've always assumed the lyrics referred to Robert (Bob) Anton Wilson (RAW); I figured that I'd at least mention Bob Odenkirk and David Cross just in case some people wanted to see it that way.

Anyway, due to your seemingly confident "um, no" , it appears you've solved the problem for yourself and would rather not hear other ideas so I suppose I'll stop talking here.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 10-31-2007, 10:02 AM   #108
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Quote:
Um, no
I actually agree with you. I've always assumed the lyrics referred to Robert (Bob) Anton Wilson (RAW); I figured that I'd at least mention Bob Odenkirk and David Cross just in case some people wanted to see it that way.

Anyway, due to your seemingly confident "um, no" , it appears you've solved the problem for yourself and would rather not hear other ideas so I suppose I'll stop talking here.

DTA = don't trust anyone
11-01-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:

I just highly doubt it's a reference to anybody but god. He says "Bob help me" instead og "God help me"...unless you were just born, that's a pretty common phrase when in distress or dire trouble as was the subject of the song.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #109
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

I just highly doubt it's a reference to anybody but god. He says "Bob help me" instead og "God help me"...unless you were just born, that's a pretty common phrase when in distress or dire trouble as was the subject of the song.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply