Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 10. Right in Two
User Name
Password
withshock!'s Avatar withshock!
02-23-2008, 07:51 PM

Not to be one of those assholes… but has anyone thought of the song in relation to the opening of 2001: A Space Odyssey? I can’t really elaborate on it to a decent/defendable extent as I don’t have access to the film (no personal copy), but while watching it the other day I couldn’t help but notice the lyrics (at least my understanding of them [and yes, I’m aware, or rather under the impression, that Maynard isn’t speaking of literal monkeys]) seemed to follow the actions of the monkeys…

And because I’m sure this has been brought up and shot down before feel free to insult me, I understand.

Last edited by withshock!; 02-23-2008 at 07:55 PM..
Old 02-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Another Stupid Idea

Not to be one of those assholes… but has anyone thought of the song in relation to the opening of 2001: A Space Odyssey? I can’t really elaborate on it to a decent/defendable extent as I don’t have access to the film (no personal copy), but while watching it the other day I couldn’t help but notice the lyrics (at least my understanding of them [and yes, I’m aware, or rather under the impression, that Maynard isn’t speaking of literal monkeys]) seemed to follow the actions of the monkeys…

And because I’m sure this has been brought up and shot down before feel free to insult me, I understand.

Last edited by withshock!; 02-23-2008 at 07:55 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply