opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Forum Feedback » Feedback
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2002, 09:42 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Genreral Forum?

Dan.
How about A General Forum for general Tool talk. Eg. Album news, DVD news, rumors. Things like that. I like that you can talk abotu your favorite album and song, but what about a General Forum? I think it would be good. Ask around. People might like it.
Old 11-29-2002, 10:38 AM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

no general forum please

there are enough general forums on other tool forums if you want to talk about album news or rumors

and people will use it as an excuse to bring up their post counter

and you get all crappy unoriginal irrelevant threads like "whats your favorite movie??" etc ...

so no general forum please ...
Old 11-29-2002, 08:26 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

i disagree it would be nice to talk about tool stuff other than what there songs are ment to mean
a general TOOL forum ( not a general crap forum ) would be nice if u need to know stuff about the band or other things, just as long as its band related.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-29-2002, 10:35 PM   #4
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962
*hrm*...

The Interact forum(s) will be the closest thing to a 'general' forum. we are holding off opening it until we have some really good opinions, so people come for the opinions rather than just to talk about tool in general.

Interact will be open in the near future.

and Phantom, if we see people post-pumping they will be warned AND/OR their account will be disabled.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-02-2002, 10:15 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

i agree dan no general forum, but what is all this talk of an interact foruml, i can only think of it meaning that the band members themselves will be revealing or anwsering questions, but suspense makes you want it more:) guess well just have to wait and see.

ghost
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-03-2002, 03:55 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

pro

i think a general forum is a good idea simply for those times when your unsure where your post should go or when you have something general to say that applies to all songs/albums whatever. there are alot of posts that begin with 'im not really sure this shoud be in this thread but...'
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-04-2002, 09:48 AM   #7
ry.
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 58
i would like to see a general fourm, i too am curious about the live dvd.It seems like there isnt any news on the dvd. I understand you guys (toolshed) cant make news stories out of everyrumor you hear, so i think we should have a fourm where we can discuss these rumors and speculations.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-04-2002, 11:57 AM   #8
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962
we can only hope one or all of tool will join in a discussion, but don't get your hopes up :)

Interact will be just that: posting tool rumours and/or news, dvd news for ry., etc.

suspense will make it that much sweeter when it opens.

"be patient"
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-09-2002, 02:39 PM   #9
X

Bincount™: 746
dropping in

I think we need a general forum to express ideas that do not fit into other forums. If u have seen on the Maynard's dick part where someone started a "tool geek" thread you will see that interesting ideas should be expressed.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: