opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima
User Name
Password
Old 02-26-2012, 03:39 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
it gets better every time i hear it.

i just bought enima for my birthday. (my 41st birthday). i've listened to tool before but not like this. i don't even know why i got so into tool at this point in my life and it's not like they are some new band so who knows. anyway, 46 and 2 started out as my favorite song, and it remains my 7 year old sons favorite, but pushit is just great. it is pure beauty. the guitar riff is elegant and infectious. maynards voice is so beautiful that it haunts my brain all the time. it stands out above all the other stand outs. and it gets better every time i hear it.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: it gets better every time i hear it.

I hear ya man. Ænima was my first Tool album when a highschool buddy burned me a copy during freshman year before I went out and bought all their albums by the time I was in college (which I'm currently still enrolled). Of all their albums Ænima is the only one I can listen to on repeat all day, which is funny because after hearing all of their other stuff it quickly became my least favorite but then slowly fought its way back to the top over the years. I think it's due to the fact that Paul D'Amour (Tool's original bassist, before Ænima) was involved with some of the songs including Pushit (which is incredible, I know). The album has that new meets old Tool vibe thanks to Justin and Paul both influencing the sound/direction of the music and since I'm not one of the stoner audiences who enjoy their new stuff nor am I the hardcore audience who grew up with old Tool, this album sits just right for me and I think if anyone is going to get into the band then this is the first album to start off with. 46 & 2 was the first Tool song I learned on bass and ever since I've been covering alot of their songs and that song alone prompted me to buy a flanger pedal just for that cool effect in the beginning lol. Anyways glad you're enjoying it even at your age! I'm sure I'll still be listening to Tool when I turn 41... But I'm 21 so I've got awhile to wait.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: