opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #1161
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

I feel cheated that the "NASHVILLE" show is Bonnaroo. I couldn't care less about any other band in the line-up and would have to pay $184.xx for a ticket since they only sell them in 4-day passes.

Ah well, I wanted a road trip so I guess I'll head down to Birmingham, AL. Seeyas on Friday, 13th.

*EDIT* Then again, now that I think about it, maybe they will play in the Nashville/Chattanooga/Knoxville area prior to performing at Bonnaroo. One can hope, right?

Last edited by Fingolfin269; 02-15-2007 at 03:18 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #1162
Level 4 - Thinker

I got this response from a Seattle radio station regarding a possible TOOL concert sometime this fall: "Our sourses lead us to believe we should get one show. Details pending.
We'll be all over it!"
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-16-2007, 05:27 AM   #1163
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Does anyone know the ToolArmy presale ticket maximum (assuming it's not that different for each show)? I presume it's only 2-4 tickets, right? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:26 AM   #1164
one
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr funkmaster View Post
Does anyone know the ToolArmy presale ticket maximum (assuming it's not that different for each show)? I presume it's only 2-4 tickets, right? Thanks.

2 ticket max per show and the rules state you must be within 1 hour driving distance of the venue.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-16-2007, 07:30 AM   #1165
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

When the %@# are they coming back to Michigan????
Old 02-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #1166
Level 7 - Loquacious

question here for anyone about tickets. does being at a ticketmaster outlet in person at the exact time tickets go on sale get generally get you better tickets than searching for tickets on ticketmaster.com at the exact time they go on sale? and on the flipside of that, what if there is a line at a ticketmaster outlet, how possible is it that while you are in line, the show sells out from so many people buying tickets and not waiting in line? just curious, i have never bought tickets in person, and im just curious if doing so generally gets you better tickets?

use of the word "tickets" = 10 times ( 7 alone, 3 connected to "master")

Last edited by Thatsarealzinger; 02-16-2007 at 12:37 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #1167

How does Vegas get 4 shows for the 10,000 Days tour while Indy and Wisconsin get nothing?

What I wouldn't do for an In-N-Out Burger....
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #1168
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Heh. My local rock station's home page has a big announcement bearing a Tool logo that says "TOOL IS COMING!!!!! Listen to our morning show on Monday at 6AM to find out."

I would think anybody who wants to know badly enough that they'd get up at 6 would be willing to check toolband.com. Oh well. Some people are just stupid. :P
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #1169
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcaloverbri9 View Post
Heh. My local rock station's home page has a big announcement bearing a Tool logo that says "TOOL IS COMING!!!!! Listen to our morning show on Monday at 6AM to find out."

I would think anybody who wants to know badly enough that they'd get up at 6 would be willing to check toolband.com. Oh well. Some people are just stupid. :P

Where do you live? What city?
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #1170
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr funkmaster View Post
A 2 ticket limit for invited TA members who live within a 100 mile radiius of venue.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #1171
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsarealzinger View Post
question here for anyone about tickets. does being at a ticketmaster outlet in person at the exact time tickets go on sale get generally get you better tickets than searching for tickets on ticketmaster.com at the exact time they go on sale? and on the flipside of that, what if there is a line at a ticketmaster outlet, how possible is it that while you are in line, the show sells out from so many people buying tickets and not waiting in line? just curious, i have never bought tickets in person, and im just curious if doing so generally gets you better tickets?

use of the word "tickets" = 10 times ( 7 alone, 3 connected to "master")
Since no one is answering you, I'll give it a crack. I've been going to shows for 30 years so you think I might know a thing or two by now.. or NOT! :P

Ok, first off the best way to get a primo ticket in my experience is to go to the venue box office bright and early and get in line. Not sure if they get priority on seats at the venue, but it sure seems that way. I have never ever gotten bad seats by doing this and have actually scored front row seats by using this method.

As far as waiting in line at a TM outlet, this can work, but it really really helps if you know the person who works at the outlet. If you show up cold to a TM outlet without knowing much about it, you risk dealing with some guy who doesn't much give a crap, slowly working the system one person at a time to try and bring up seats. I have heard stories though that you can find TM outlets where the rep is actually into it and asks everyone up front what they want. And as soon as tickets go on sale, he/she is all over it like white on rice. Do your homework.

Your last best bet is to set up a couple of online browsers- get your friends involved and have a couple of computers yourself if possible- and bring up the event before it goes on sale. Don't get up just before the event goes on sale either. Wake up at least an hour early, get that coffee in your system and then get the browsers open. THEN, about 40 minutes before the event goes on sale, call Ticketmaster and get a live rep on the phone. Some will be cool about staying on the line with you until the event goes on live and some won't. For those that won't, have a few talking points ready to go to keep them on the horn with you. Remember that phone reps have to refresh for the event once it goes on sale too. So make sure your rep knows to be ready as soon as that event is on sale to refresh and start looking. While the phone rep is looking, you start hitting your browser too and see what you can bring up. Between the two of you, you should be able to get something you want.

There ya go- sonnyboy11's quick guide to getting tickets!

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 02-17-2007 at 01:02 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #1172

This message is directed more at the Wisconsin fans (ok I'll throw you in there too Chicago) but Roger Waters was just announced to play Summerfest in Milwaukee. Two sets, the first some early Floyd and solo stuff and the second set playing Dark Side in it's entirety.

Only two acts have been announced so far, what's the chances we may see Tool headlining a night here? I think they may be very good, Summerfest is like a week after Bonnaroo. Guaranteed to have a strong crowd there too, not like that Madison BS. Here's hoping.

Roger Waters one night, Tool the next. Sounds good to me.

Oh, and take notes Tool. Waters playing two sets the second being an entire album and the guy is like 63. I wish Tool would play less shows, with more content. I would rather drive the extra mile and pay the extra dollar to see something like this then the current tour:

1st Set:
Third Eye
Jambi
46 & 2
Crawl Away
Opiate
Right in Two
Flood

2nd set:
Lateralus/Undertow/Aenima entire album....with nec. changes to first set ;)

But I digress... i'll still go to the shows and I'll still enjoy the hell out of it, but I just can't shake the feeling that they're holding back a bit, and it's a shame because they aren't getting any younger.

Last edited by Cycloz; 02-16-2007 at 07:47 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-17-2007, 01:18 AM   #1173
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

What band is going to open for Tool in the next US tour?
does anyone have any unconfirmed information about it?
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-17-2007, 07:42 AM   #1174
On Probation

Bincount™: 87

have they been doing any kind of little intension intro for right in two?
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #1175

PLEASE HELP ME

i am going to sign up for a tool army account in order to get presale tickets and i have questions since i couldnt find the answers on the tool army site:

1. can i get presale tickets with the $40 membership?
2. how many tickets can i get with each account?
3. how does the presale work?
- where do i get the tickets from (ticketmaster, tool army, etc)
- if i sign up for the membership like the day before the presale, will i be automatically given something so i can get the tickets?
- i am getting tickets for this concert and greenville so how can i do this the fastest (i know ticketmaster wont let you search for different tickets simutaneously on the same account)
- also, please give tips on how to get the tickets the fastest (what should i expect when the presale starts as far as entering information and whatnot)
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #1176
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by l David l View Post
PLEASE HELP ME

i am going to sign up for a tool army account in order to get presale tickets and i have questions since i couldnt find the answers on the tool army site:

- if i sign up for the membership like the day before the presale, will i be automatically given something so i can get the tickets?
- i am getting tickets for this concert and greenville so how can i do this the fastest (i know ticketmaster wont let you search for different tickets simutaneously on the same account)
- also, please give tips on how to get the tickets the fastest (what should i expect when the presale starts as far as entering information and whatnot)
I've been wondering the same thing, even posted it a few days ago. I couldn't get anyone to respond, maybe this will work.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #1177
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062

Quote:
PLEASE HELP ME

i'm not a member of toolarmy, but allow me to help with the knowledge that i have of the whole presale fiasco...

1, yes
2. 2
3. i believe you go straight to toolarmy the day of the presale and buy tickets thru that site, NOT ticketmaster...

also, keep in mind, the presale is only vaild for shows that are within 100 miles of where you live....so if you are trying to get presale tickets for a venue that is 104 miles away from your house, you will NOT be able to get tickets...

hope i helped
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #1178

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

im 8 miles away for greenville according to mapquest.

is it 100 miles for the shortest driving distance or 100 miles in a straight path (along the curvature of the earth).

edit: im dumb, i tried it again and selected shortest distance on mapquest and its 94 miles. im wondering how they decide if your within the 100 miles.

Last edited by l David l; 02-18-2007 at 04:09 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #1179

im wondering if i can use a different address than my billing address for the toolarmy account. i go to school in clemson and have a mailbox number here, and is within 100 miles of both duluth and greenville so that would work for me for both concerts.

also, can i get two presale tickets to each concert? and if i can, what is the best way of doing this? can i have to windows up searching for tickets simutaneously?
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #1180
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I'm jealous of the Valentines day show, very much so...I've been privileged enough to hear Opiate, maybe even twice, but never have been so privileged to hear Swamp Song, not in twelve shows. I'll be at the Portland,ME show in April and maybe even trek out to Bonnaroo, if I'm lucky. I still don't think I'll get to hear swamp Song even if I see them more often this year. Last year I was very fortunate to see them 3 times.. I would trade 2 shows from last year and 2 from 2002 and 2 more from 2001 to have been present Wednesday in Japan. I know Tool has given me 12 great, unique experiences but I'm still jealous, even if I know I should'nt be....Well I'll just wait and see...(deep sigh)
5/20/2001 - NY, 9/20/01 - ME, 9/21/01 - MA, 9/22/01 - CT ~ 8/15/02 - NJ, 8/16/02 - MA, 8/17/02 - RI, 8/18/02 - NH, 10/28/02 - MA ~ 9/29/06 - MA, 10/3/06 - NH, 10/5/06 - CT ~ 7/12/07 - MA, 7/18/07 - NJ ~ 1/28/2012 - MA
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-18-2007, 09:35 PM   #1181
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsummers View Post
Where do you live? What city?
Plantation, FL. Just west of Fort Lauderdale.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-19-2007, 04:28 AM   #1182
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
PLEASE HELP ME

i highly recommend NOT wasting your money on toolarmy. that site is completely fucking worthless. no band chats, nothing really "exclusive" posted unless you count half a dozen photos taken by camilla while on tour, no exclusive audio, and i can live without presales. not to mention anything noteworthy that does happen over there (which is rare) gets mentioned over here in the forums almost immediately.

i joined right about a year ago over there, and i was greeted with the audio message from justin saying "there's no turning back now, welcome to tool army." in time, i came to learn exactly what he meant by that.

"welcome to toolarmy - no refunds. ha ha ha ha ha."

now that i've ranted, to answer your questions as best i can:

1. yes.
2. a maximum of two tickets per account.
3. they put tickets up for sale in the shopping bazaar.
- i'm not sure, i assume ticketmaster.
- back in the day, emails were supposedly sent around with passwords for presales, but now they just put the tickets in the bazaar and add a news post saying that the tickets are available.
- the presales do not start at any specific time, it's all when someone on toolarmy feels like putting them up in the bazaar. could be 3am, could be 6pm. all you really know is that it's supposed to be before 10am on the sale date. beyond that, it's seemingly anyone's guess.

Last edited by mirvae; 02-19-2007 at 04:33 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #1183

im only thinking of signing up for toolarmy just for the presale. ill probably never go to the site or anything.

im actually only paying $20 for the account cause we have four people goign to two concerts, so we are splitting the costs.

how fast are the other concerts selling out on ticketmaster?

i cant afford to not get a ticket. ive never been to a tool show and ive been a fan since 2000 (how i missed the 2001 tour, i dont know).
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #1184
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloz View Post
This message is directed more at the Wisconsin fans (ok I'll throw you in there too Chicago) but Roger Waters was just announced to play Summerfest in Milwaukee. Two sets, the first some early Floyd and solo stuff and the second set playing Dark Side in it's entirety.

Only two acts have been announced so far, what's the chances we may see Tool headlining a night here? I think they may be very good, Summerfest is like a week after Bonnaroo. Guaranteed to have a strong crowd there too, not like that Madison BS. Here's hoping.

Roger Waters one night, Tool the next. Sounds good to me.

Oh, and take notes Tool. Waters playing two sets the second being an entire album and the guy is like 63. I wish Tool would play less shows, with more content. I would rather drive the extra mile and pay the extra dollar to see something like this then the current tour:

1st Set:
Third Eye
Jambi
46 & 2
Crawl Away
Opiate
Right in Two
Flood

2nd set:
Lateralus/Undertow/Aenima entire album....with nec. changes to first set ;)

But I digress... i'll still go to the shows and I'll still enjoy the hell out of it, but I just can't shake the feeling that they're holding back a bit, and it's a shame because they aren't getting any younger.

if you are right, then those will be the best two days of my life.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #1185
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1864
On TA presales...

Do you get a choice of seats or is it general admission? I don't really feel like standing for 2 hours...

I sniff dirty panties
Destination: Van Nuys, CA
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #1186
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1439
Re: On TA presales...

I don't think there ARE any anymore.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #1187
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1864

There are in the shopping bazaar.

I sniff dirty panties
Destination: Van Nuys, CA
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #1188
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

From TA:

Quote:
We're getting lots of e-mail asking what kind of seats are being offered in the Tool Army pre-sales. Here's what I've been told by the band's management: "Essentially the tickets are for premium seats -- meaning that some tickets are for the floor, others are for the first level seating, but they're all great seats, hence "premium". However, it doesn't mean that they're special packaged seats. For example, I think there were VIP seats sold at a hefty price for the Vegas show. I think they came with special stuff (not sure what, but maybe a VIP area that the Palms set aside, etc.). These were NOT sold through the pre-sale. We are just offering great seats. No fluff."
I'm not sure if you can indicate that you want seats or GA. I don't think there's an option to do so in the Bazaar.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #1189
Level 2 - Poster

Anyone know why it is taking so long for some of these dates to show up on Ticketmaster? Still waiting on Birmingham, AL to show up...

BTW, if anyone is familiar with the Birmingham venue (Oak Mountain Amphitheater AKA Verizon Wireless Music Center) please let me know. I'm trying to figure out if there are any 'covered' seats or if the entire venue is open air/grass seating.

Last edited by Fingolfin269; 02-19-2007 at 06:47 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin269 View Post
Anyone know why it is taking so long for some of these dates to show up on Ticketmaster? Still waiting on Birmingham, AL to show up...
Yeah I'm still waiting on the Greenville concert to show up. I think they're just now finalizing details as far as ticket prices and whatnot are concerned. Once those are completed the ticketmaster page for the show will be uploaded. My guess would be Wednesday at the latest.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:26 AM   #1191
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin269 View Post

BTW, if anyone is familiar with the Birmingham venue (Oak Mountain Amphitheater AKA Verizon Wireless Music Center) please let me know. I'm trying to figure out if there are any 'covered' seats or if the entire venue is open air/grass seating.
There are not any "covered" seats at the Verizon Center. It is all open air. There are no grass seats, they took those out about 9/10 years ago. It's all regular seating (about 11,000 I think)
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #1192
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

any nes on the pre sale date for the pepsi arena show in albany, ny because ticketmaster is fucked up and shows the next days show in atlantic city and live nation shows nothing o if anyone has any news on that show could they please let me know
10/6/06- Continental Arena, NJ
7/14/07- Times Union Center, NY
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #1193
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

And.. we're back! Server go boom.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-21-2007, 01:36 AM   #1194
Level 7 - Loquacious

LOOK AT THIS! LETS ALL HOPE THIS IS BULLSHIT AND NOT TRUE!
http://www.velvetrope.com/ubbthreads...e=0#Post931769
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-21-2007, 01:37 AM   #1195
Level 7 - Loquacious

THIS IS FLOATING AROUND TOOL ARMY TOO!
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-21-2007, 04:19 AM   #1196
Level 4 - Thinker

hey guys. new here.
i didn't catch the boys on their last run i was too broke at the time. hope to go see em this time.

i would really love to see the band maybe now in their short free time, hit the rehearsal room a little and come back to the next leg in america with a mixed set with stuff like The Grudge, Eulogy, H, The Patient and so on.
not that i don't like the new stuff. i love it beyond measure, but 10kdays has been toured for a year now so they could mix the setlists up a little.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:07 AM   #1197
Level 4 - Thinker

Can anyone confirm this broken arm business??
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-21-2007, 06:13 AM   #1198
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeWilson View Post
Can anyone confirm this broken arm business??
If it's true, I'm sure Blair will post something today. So no news is probably good news.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-21-2007, 07:58 AM   #1199

Wow, I was literally just about to book my car/hotel for the Florida show, might have to hold off on that one for a bit. Let's hope it's not true...
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 AM   #1200

i doubt this happened.

back to presale talk. i heard that the time when the presale is released can be anytime during friday. is this true? i guess ill be on my computer all day.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: