Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
question93
05-05-2006, 02:51 PM

So, I'm sitting here meditating on each picture of the guys in the group on the CD. And I started with Justin's since his is the most simplistic of the pictures, and I came up with this.

He's a scorpio, born November 19th. Just barely a socripo, but a scopio none the less. Oddly enough, he's a fixed Fire sign, but if you'll notice he's got an eagle, which represent the highest nature of Scoprio, which is love. So, here's what Crowley has to say about scorpio:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley -- LIber Aleph
Threefold is the Nature of Love: Eagle, Serpent, and Scorpion. And of these the Scorpion is he that, having no Lion of Light and Courage within him, seemeth to himself encircled by Fire, and, driving his Sting into himself, he dieth. Such are the Black Brothers, that cry: I am I; they that deny Love, restricting it to their own Nature. But the Serpent is the Secret Nature of Man, that is Life and Death, and maketh his Way through the Generations in Silence. And the Eagle is that Might of Love which is the Key of Magick, uplifting the Body and its Appurtenance unto High Ecstasy upon his Wings. It is by Virtue thereof that the Sphinx beholdeth the Sun unwinking, and confronteth the Pyramid without Shame.”2
He's surrounded by fire (candles) but is holding the eagle, which as Crowley states is the key of magick.

I think these pictures are LOADED with alchemical and hermetic meaning, if anyone would care to contribute I'm curious to see what you guys come up with. It tickles me pink that Danny has a Thoth tarot deck AND his dagger in his picture!!
Old 05-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
The photographs of the band

So, I'm sitting here meditating on each picture of the guys in the group on the CD. And I started with Justin's since his is the most simplistic of the pictures, and I came up with this.

He's a scorpio, born November 19th. Just barely a socripo, but a scopio none the less. Oddly enough, he's a fixed Fire sign, but if you'll notice he's got an eagle, which represent the highest nature of Scoprio, which is love. So, here's what Crowley has to say about scorpio:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley -- LIber Aleph
Threefold is the Nature of Love: Eagle, Serpent, and Scorpion. And of these the Scorpion is he that, having no Lion of Light and Courage within him, seemeth to himself encircled by Fire, and, driving his Sting into himself, he dieth. Such are the Black Brothers, that cry: I am I; they that deny Love, restricting it to their own Nature. But the Serpent is the Secret Nature of Man, that is Life and Death, and maketh his Way through the Generations in Silence. And the Eagle is that Might of Love which is the Key of Magick, uplifting the Body and its Appurtenance unto High Ecstasy upon his Wings. It is by Virtue thereof that the Sphinx beholdeth the Sun unwinking, and confronteth the Pyramid without Shame.”2
He's surrounded by fire (candles) but is holding the eagle, which as Crowley states is the key of magick.

I think these pictures are LOADED with alchemical and hermetic meaning, if anyone would care to contribute I'm curious to see what you guys come up with. It tickles me pink that Danny has a Thoth tarot deck AND his dagger in his picture!!
05-05-2006, 02:54 PM

Danny also has a Tree of Life and what appears to be a Rose Cross in frames on the wall behind him.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #2

Re: The photographs of the band

Danny also has a Tree of Life and what appears to be a Rose Cross in frames on the wall behind him.
05-05-2006, 07:00 PM

Does anyone know what kind of flowers are in Danny's picture?
Old 05-05-2006, 07:00 PM   #3

Does anyone know what kind of flowers are in Danny's picture?
05-05-2006, 07:11 PM

New post on Toolband:

'm still getting lots of messages about the stereoscopic photos in 10,000 Days which, by the way, were taken by our good friend and a truly excellent photographer named TRAVIS SHINN. In carefully examining these (as well as the artwork), some of you are beginning to discover things that weren't immediately apparent. Yes, it is true that the four individual photos (of the band members) can be used as the pieces of a kind of puzzle, but for now that's about all I'm going to say. I guess it will just be another nut to crack.

Someone also asked about the clocks and the number 11. I believe the actual time on them is either 1:17 (or 11:07) which I suppose, coincidently, was when the particular photos were taken.

BMB

Any idea whats going on here? I don't have my cd with me right now............
Old 05-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

New post on Toolband:

'm still getting lots of messages about the stereoscopic photos in 10,000 Days which, by the way, were taken by our good friend and a truly excellent photographer named TRAVIS SHINN. In carefully examining these (as well as the artwork), some of you are beginning to discover things that weren't immediately apparent. Yes, it is true that the four individual photos (of the band members) can be used as the pieces of a kind of puzzle, but for now that's about all I'm going to say. I guess it will just be another nut to crack.

Someone also asked about the clocks and the number 11. I believe the actual time on them is either 1:17 (or 11:07) which I suppose, coincidently, was when the particular photos were taken.

BMB

Any idea whats going on here? I don't have my cd with me right now............
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply