Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 04. 10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
User Name
Password
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
04-25-2006, 09:26 AM

agreed - i would never pick favourites but at the moment, this is the track i go to first when i play the cd (and to clarify, my friend was given a promo copy and has leant it to me until May 2nd)
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
Old 04-25-2006, 09:26 AM   #41
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5
Re: TOOL's Masterpiece????

agreed - i would never pick favourites but at the moment, this is the track i go to first when i play the cd (and to clarify, my friend was given a promo copy and has leant it to me until May 2nd)
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Snakedragon
04-25-2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallofCthulhu
Hey, better than the H solo. That one's worse than the worst high school kid's guitar solo.
imo the wings solo just sounds like random noodling
Old 04-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #42

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallofCthulhu
Hey, better than the H solo. That one's worse than the worst high school kid's guitar solo.
imo the wings solo just sounds like random noodling
acsguitar
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM

This song reminds me of a cross between "The Wall" and "Meddle"
Old 04-25-2006, 01:15 PM   #43
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

deftone
04-25-2006, 03:03 PM

Wow, this song is great but IMHO it doesnt touch disposition/reflection.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:03 PM   #44
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

layersbeyondimagination's Avatar layersbeyondimagination
04-25-2006, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftone
ditto.
not enough maynard all out passionate singing, i feel like he's holding back.

"you were my witness, my eyes my evidence, judith marie, unconditional one"

such a beautiful line and i wish he belted it out but he sorta holds himself back i feel like.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #45
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
ditto.

such a beautiful line and i wish he belted it out but he sorta holds himself back i feel like.
completetool
04-25-2006, 03:25 PM

This song is a masterpiece, but not the masterpiece.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

This song is a masterpiece, but not the masterpiece.
mmortal03's Avatar mmortal03
04-25-2006, 04:05 PM

Wow, I didn't realize so many people had Tool's ambient/avant-garde/less structured stuff as their most favorite. I do like that stuff too, but I dig their more structured progressive-type songs more. What I mean by that is, it has something to do with a consistant intricate rhythm drive from Danny. Much of Lateralus has it, including Reflection. Third Eye and Rosetta Stoned, for example, don't have it as much. I really think it has to do with which direction Danny takes it. On Third Eye, the drumming seems much more random, not that it isn't good, I just dig his busier more structured stuff than his stuff that is spread out.

On 10,000 Days, his drumming is similar to the style of Third Eye and Rosetta Stoned, like this solo jam-type lightly tapping around. The drumming isn't as distinct and specific as my favorite songs of theirs. It still shows he has great depth and talent, obviously.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #47

Bincount™: 12

Wow, I didn't realize so many people had Tool's ambient/avant-garde/less structured stuff as their most favorite. I do like that stuff too, but I dig their more structured progressive-type songs more. What I mean by that is, it has something to do with a consistant intricate rhythm drive from Danny. Much of Lateralus has it, including Reflection. Third Eye and Rosetta Stoned, for example, don't have it as much. I really think it has to do with which direction Danny takes it. On Third Eye, the drumming seems much more random, not that it isn't good, I just dig his busier more structured stuff than his stuff that is spread out.

On 10,000 Days, his drumming is similar to the style of Third Eye and Rosetta Stoned, like this solo jam-type lightly tapping around. The drumming isn't as distinct and specific as my favorite songs of theirs. It still shows he has great depth and talent, obviously.
WitlessLiar
04-25-2006, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garguantua
Yeah. This song is a masterstroke, for sure.

I'm a little curious how the mainstream listener will take it, if at all.

I'm not so concerned with the band getting #1 singles, or grammys et al, but I would like to think this song will open a lot of doors for Tool, and perhaps reach a part of the populace that eschews hard, difficult music. The more mature audience, I mean.
Jazz people, classical people, 70's era people. I think it will blow a lot of minds.
I like that thought. However I think that ever sine ÆNIMA they've deserved it :)

I really enjoy how they're music is pleasurable on so many levels. From what it sounds this album is more sophisticated than Lateralus (specifically Reflection), and that's just making me itch. I read this forum to get background before I listen when I get my cd, and I'm really getting excited. But I digress... I think that this music is good when you first listen to it, it's great when you learn the background info on it, and it's even better when you hear it a lot. And I love the balance they've created and how they can make a four person band so complex and sophisticated.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:49 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garguantua
Yeah. This song is a masterstroke, for sure.

I'm a little curious how the mainstream listener will take it, if at all.

I'm not so concerned with the band getting #1 singles, or grammys et al, but I would like to think this song will open a lot of doors for Tool, and perhaps reach a part of the populace that eschews hard, difficult music. The more mature audience, I mean.
Jazz people, classical people, 70's era people. I think it will blow a lot of minds.
I like that thought. However I think that ever sine ÆNIMA they've deserved it :)

I really enjoy how they're music is pleasurable on so many levels. From what it sounds this album is more sophisticated than Lateralus (specifically Reflection), and that's just making me itch. I read this forum to get background before I listen when I get my cd, and I'm really getting excited. But I digress... I think that this music is good when you first listen to it, it's great when you learn the background info on it, and it's even better when you hear it a lot. And I love the balance they've created and how they can make a four person band so complex and sophisticated.
Natalie Portman's Avatar Natalie Portman
04-25-2006, 08:20 PM

This is certainly up there. I mean, like WAY up there.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:20 PM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34

This is certainly up there. I mean, like WAY up there.
evfain
04-26-2006, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by placidium
this song is ONE tool masterpiece.

but no band i've ever heard has done anything this fucking huge.
Wings is incredible and all but honestly... I was more floored the first time I heard Lateralus. Plus if you listen close, the climax of this song is almost the same note progression as the one from Lateralus' climax as well, with the timing changed a bit. Basically, from 4-6minutes 10K Days is the best thing they've done, but the climax and the end doesn't work as much for me as the other epics (Third Eye, Pushit Live, Lateralus, even Reflection)
Old 04-26-2006, 05:08 AM   #50
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by placidium
this song is ONE tool masterpiece.

but no band i've ever heard has done anything this fucking huge.
Wings is incredible and all but honestly... I was more floored the first time I heard Lateralus. Plus if you listen close, the climax of this song is almost the same note progression as the one from Lateralus' climax as well, with the timing changed a bit. Basically, from 4-6minutes 10K Days is the best thing they've done, but the climax and the end doesn't work as much for me as the other epics (Third Eye, Pushit Live, Lateralus, even Reflection)
reflection11's Avatar reflection11
04-26-2006, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layersbeyondimagination
ditto.

I feel the exact same way about maynard holding back at that part. The only thing that comes to my mind in maynard's defense is he didn't want to over-power the rest of the instrument parts... I think with repeated listens I'll figure out exactly why he did what he did.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:33 AM   #51
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by layersbeyondimagination
ditto.

I feel the exact same way about maynard holding back at that part. The only thing that comes to my mind in maynard's defense is he didn't want to over-power the rest of the instrument parts... I think with repeated listens I'll figure out exactly why he did what he did.
04-26-2006, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitlessLiar
hey, How'd you get that AE combo when you typer "ÆNIMA ?" (I copied and pasted... )
Old 04-26-2006, 03:04 PM   #52
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
hey, How'd you get that AE combo when you typer "ÆNIMA ?" (I copied and pasted... )
04-26-2006, 03:48 PM

Great song, although parts of Adam's minimal guitar solo ruin it, almost like he's afraid to be showy, just follow the bass. All in all though I reckon this is almost as much of an epic as "3 days" by Jane's Addiction.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #53
Level 2 - Poster

Great song, although parts of Adam's minimal guitar solo ruin it, almost like he's afraid to be showy, just follow the bass. All in all though I reckon this is almost as much of an epic as "3 days" by Jane's Addiction.
WitlessLiar
04-26-2006, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef
ALT+146, ALT+145 for lower case (numbers on the numpad).
Old 04-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
04-26-2006, 04:13 PM

Quote:
didn't work for me
Old 04-26-2006, 04:13 PM   #55
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
didn't work for me
04-26-2006, 04:15 PM

Æ... nevermind... I needed the Nem Lock on... thanks. Æ Ænima!!!!!!
<"{{{><
Old 04-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #56
Level 8 - Vociferous

Æ... nevermind... I needed the Nem Lock on... thanks. Æ Ænima!!!!!!
<"{{{><
04-26-2006, 04:15 PM

Num Lock
Old 04-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #57
Level 8 - Vociferous

Num Lock
04-26-2006, 04:17 PM

you guys make me excited to hear the new album...very excited.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #58
Level 4 - Thinker

orb
04-26-2006, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold and faded anger

I'm curious about what your impressions of the album are, without having heard it. Because I think its safe to say that this album is nothing like what you expect, even with all this pre-info from those of us who have heard it.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #59
orb
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold and faded anger

I'm curious about what your impressions of the album are, without having heard it. Because I think its safe to say that this album is nothing like what you expect, even with all this pre-info from those of us who have heard it.
viral
05-02-2006, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I agree with you right now, but I have a feeling that this song is going to grow on me really soon.

If any of the songs on 10,000 Days surpass Reflection, I think this will be the one.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #60
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
I agree with you right now, but I have a feeling that this song is going to grow on me really soon.

If any of the songs on 10,000 Days surpass Reflection, I think this will be the one.
Steventh
05-02-2006, 07:44 PM

I'm still trying to let the whole album sink in (I just bought it earlier today, didn't download any leaks), but at this point... 10,000 Days is my favorite song on the CD.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:44 PM   #61

I'm still trying to let the whole album sink in (I just bought it earlier today, didn't download any leaks), but at this point... 10,000 Days is my favorite song on the CD.
05-03-2006, 01:51 AM

Lets all be serious for one moment. Sure Adam's is not a great guitarist from a technical standpoint,but does any of the technicality matter when his playing is based apon emotion.Case in point, solo to third eye...easy by playing standards and yet always has me wanting more. I think the people who moan aout tool from the standards of one members skills are quite frankly shortsighted. Its the cohesion of the band that helps create the beauty and emotion i love.

Slash's solo-november rain...pretencious musical mastibation
Adam's solo-Third eye...emotive,but perfectly fitting; simple yet beautifully complex.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:51 AM   #62
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Lets all be serious for one moment. Sure Adam's is not a great guitarist from a technical standpoint,but does any of the technicality matter when his playing is based apon emotion.Case in point, solo to third eye...easy by playing standards and yet always has me wanting more. I think the people who moan aout tool from the standards of one members skills are quite frankly shortsighted. Its the cohesion of the band that helps create the beauty and emotion i love.

Slash's solo-november rain...pretencious musical mastibation
Adam's solo-Third eye...emotive,but perfectly fitting; simple yet beautifully complex.
05-03-2006, 02:50 AM

It took me a few listens to get some of the new songs, track 4 in particular. But Christ! It is a masterpiece, I wont go as far as saying its there best song, as I honestly cant pick a favourite song from all of there albums. But Wings pt 2 is unreal to say the least.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:50 AM   #63
Level 4 - Thinker

It took me a few listens to get some of the new songs, track 4 in particular. But Christ! It is a masterpiece, I wont go as far as saying its there best song, as I honestly cant pick a favourite song from all of there albums. But Wings pt 2 is unreal to say the least.
msbtool
05-03-2006, 03:22 AM

Wings and 10000 days was immediatly my favorite song on the new album. All it took was a couple listens and once through the lyrics and it stood out more so than any other. I wont go as far to say it is my favorite all time, that honor still rests on about 30 different tool tracks. As for the climax line, im sure if they play these songs live, maynard will be so worked up that he'll belt it out like we all want to hear it. I understand what yall are saying about the solo, but i think it goes well for the song, and we all know tool is about the composition and having all of the peices fit together rather than showing off.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:22 AM   #64
Level 3 - Talker

Wings and 10000 days was immediatly my favorite song on the new album. All it took was a couple listens and once through the lyrics and it stood out more so than any other. I wont go as far to say it is my favorite all time, that honor still rests on about 30 different tool tracks. As for the climax line, im sure if they play these songs live, maynard will be so worked up that he'll belt it out like we all want to hear it. I understand what yall are saying about the solo, but i think it goes well for the song, and we all know tool is about the composition and having all of the peices fit together rather than showing off.
blafuckbla's Avatar blafuckbla
05-03-2006, 05:57 AM

Most spiritual song ever. Period.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:57 AM   #65

Bincount™: 4

Most spiritual song ever. Period.
Volrath's Avatar Volrath
05-03-2006, 06:03 AM

As far as I'm concerned, yes. Yes it is.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:03 AM   #66
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

As far as I'm concerned, yes. Yes it is.
05-03-2006, 06:11 AM

And the ending part:

Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance
Burning all through, tossed upon the believers
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence
Judith Marie, unconditional one!

Holy crap Justin starts playing full chords on the bass (one of my favorite things from a bass player).....this is friggin' unreal....better than Pushit..

-David Cross
Old 05-03-2006, 06:11 AM   #67
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

And the ending part:

Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance
Burning all through, tossed upon the believers
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence
Judith Marie, unconditional one!

Holy crap Justin starts playing full chords on the bass (one of my favorite things from a bass player).....this is friggin' unreal....better than Pushit..

-David Cross
bloodydecember's Avatar bloodydecember
05-03-2006, 10:22 AM

I love this song purely for the fact that this is really really close to maynard's heart. Its his mother's eulogy (as far as im concerned) and other than Judith and 3 Libras (APC of course) we dont really get anything very personal from Maynard. A trully emotional song, regardless of how people say this album lacks emotion. Imagine singing this at your grandmother's funeral and tell me that it doesn't have emotion.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:22 AM   #68
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I love this song purely for the fact that this is really really close to maynard's heart. Its his mother's eulogy (as far as im concerned) and other than Judith and 3 Libras (APC of course) we dont really get anything very personal from Maynard. A trully emotional song, regardless of how people say this album lacks emotion. Imagine singing this at your grandmother's funeral and tell me that it doesn't have emotion.
05-03-2006, 11:20 AM

Is it bad that when I heard the tragic news of Maynard's mother's death in 2003 I had a twinge of excitment for the beauty that this event would evoke from an artist like Maynard, especially when accompanied and connected by the rest of the band as amazing as Tool? I know that as artist our art reflects where we are and what happens to us. I couldn't wait or imagine the kind of powerful piece of art such an event would bring forth. I was looking for it on APC 13th step and I didnt see much of it. Im so glad Maynard has shared his acceptance and battle with his mother's death with all of his fans by creating this masterpiece in response to it. Judith would be proud. Thank you, Maynard.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #69
Level 2 - Poster

Is it bad that when I heard the tragic news of Maynard's mother's death in 2003 I had a twinge of excitment for the beauty that this event would evoke from an artist like Maynard, especially when accompanied and connected by the rest of the band as amazing as Tool? I know that as artist our art reflects where we are and what happens to us. I couldn't wait or imagine the kind of powerful piece of art such an event would bring forth. I was looking for it on APC 13th step and I didnt see much of it. Im so glad Maynard has shared his acceptance and battle with his mother's death with all of his fans by creating this masterpiece in response to it. Judith would be proud. Thank you, Maynard.
martyr_02's Avatar martyr_02
05-03-2006, 11:33 AM

wings along with 10,000 days is definitely a masterpiece. Is it their piece de resistance? Who knows. Maybe they change it for the live version and it gets even better. I think that eventually yes they will be remembered for it. There is too much raw emotion in it for it not to be.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #70
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 7297

wings along with 10,000 days is definitely a masterpiece. Is it their piece de resistance? Who knows. Maybe they change it for the live version and it gets even better. I think that eventually yes they will be remembered for it. There is too much raw emotion in it for it not to be.
05-03-2006, 05:12 PM

It's a beautifull emotional song, there isn't more to say
Old 05-03-2006, 05:12 PM   #71
Level 2 - Poster

It's a beautifull emotional song, there isn't more to say
IC's Avatar IC
05-03-2006, 06:01 PM

when i first heard this, i thought it was long and drug out..even though i liked it. i dont know how many listens it took, but today, it clicked.

this is just so amazingly beautiful, from the last 3 chords on Pt 1 to the climax..solo..lyrics...god. I actually feel sad after listening to it and no one else seems to feel as moved as I do..i wish they could feel the same. Most of you do, it just seems a shame not everybody can love something so much.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:01 PM   #72
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

when i first heard this, i thought it was long and drug out..even though i liked it. i dont know how many listens it took, but today, it clicked.

this is just so amazingly beautiful, from the last 3 chords on Pt 1 to the climax..solo..lyrics...god. I actually feel sad after listening to it and no one else seems to feel as moved as I do..i wish they could feel the same. Most of you do, it just seems a shame not everybody can love something so much.
05-03-2006, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbtool
I wont go as far to say it is my favorite all time... As for the climax line, im sure if they play these songs live, maynard will be so worked up that he'll belt it out like we all want to hear it.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think if they do play this live we will most definitely see more raw emotion from Maynard, I mean look at the subject matter. I agree with previous posts that it did seem as if he was "holding back," but it was a was good observation that someone posted, to say that he may having been doing it to not overpower the instruments and lessen their impact. Overall amazing song, but I agree that both Wings & 10,000 days have to be played together for the whole effect.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:32 PM   #73
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbtool
I wont go as far to say it is my favorite all time... As for the climax line, im sure if they play these songs live, maynard will be so worked up that he'll belt it out like we all want to hear it.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think if they do play this live we will most definitely see more raw emotion from Maynard, I mean look at the subject matter. I agree with previous posts that it did seem as if he was "holding back," but it was a was good observation that someone posted, to say that he may having been doing it to not overpower the instruments and lessen their impact. Overall amazing song, but I agree that both Wings & 10,000 days have to be played together for the whole effect.
05-03-2006, 07:20 PM

Listen to this song while driving at night through the country alone, with the windows down and the volume up; not necessarily blearing but loud enough. I will garuntee that it will be one of the most peaceful and spiritual moments you've had in a while. This song reminds me of my grandmother, almost to the point where I'm in tears. It's the first track I go to when I plug it in and I always feel the need to give it one more listen before I take it out. I've had the cd for a day and I feel like it's the only music I've listened to in my life.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #74
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Listen to this song while driving at night through the country alone, with the windows down and the volume up; not necessarily blearing but loud enough. I will garuntee that it will be one of the most peaceful and spiritual moments you've had in a while. This song reminds me of my grandmother, almost to the point where I'm in tears. It's the first track I go to when I plug it in and I always feel the need to give it one more listen before I take it out. I've had the cd for a day and I feel like it's the only music I've listened to in my life.
05-04-2006, 12:33 AM

i agree with whoever said that the song doesnt feel like it lasts 17 minutes. I think wings goes by at a regualr pace, but 10000 days fells like 5 minutes tops.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:33 AM   #75
Level 3 - Talker

i agree with whoever said that the song doesnt feel like it lasts 17 minutes. I think wings goes by at a regualr pace, but 10000 days fells like 5 minutes tops.
4degrees_under_fire's Avatar 4degrees_under_fire
05-04-2006, 06:58 AM

10,000 Days is by far one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard Tool do. It is also the most emotional, almost entirely because of its deep personal connection to Maynard. Now, I'm not saying that none of the other songs they've done aren't emotional (that would be a total lie), but I feel that it is their most emotional one to date.

For as much as I enjoy this song- as it is quickly turning in to one of my favorites- I cannot help but feel the same as many of you seem to. There are several parts of this song in which Maynard seems to be holding back. The lines, "You were my witness, my eyes my evidence, Judith marie, unconditional one," just happens to be the most noticable. It would be nice to hear Maynard sing it with more force than what he did here. Overall, though, the entire band did an amazing job at expressing the emotion not only through the lyrics, but through the instuments as well.
blackandwhite: Like menopause?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:58 AM   #76
Level 3 - Talker

10,000 Days is by far one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard Tool do. It is also the most emotional, almost entirely because of its deep personal connection to Maynard. Now, I'm not saying that none of the other songs they've done aren't emotional (that would be a total lie), but I feel that it is their most emotional one to date.

For as much as I enjoy this song- as it is quickly turning in to one of my favorites- I cannot help but feel the same as many of you seem to. There are several parts of this song in which Maynard seems to be holding back. The lines, "You were my witness, my eyes my evidence, Judith marie, unconditional one," just happens to be the most noticable. It would be nice to hear Maynard sing it with more force than what he did here. Overall, though, the entire band did an amazing job at expressing the emotion not only through the lyrics, but through the instuments as well.
blackandwhite: Like menopause?
mjk_is_rfg
05-04-2006, 08:24 AM

I hope all of you realize that Maynard began as a stand-up comedian. I'm sure you all know this, as you are notorious for looking into every detail of every lyric, riff, and personal history of the band members. What you have most likely failed to connect though, is that Maynard is screwing with you all. He has been for 15 years now. None of this means anything to him. It's all an elaborate joke twisted up into a social experiment of throwing all sorts of random mystical elements into a song, juxtaposing them with tribal drums and weird time signatures, and seeing what kind of profundity the knuckleheads find. I personally think it's hilarious.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #77
Level 3 - Talker

I hope all of you realize that Maynard began as a stand-up comedian. I'm sure you all know this, as you are notorious for looking into every detail of every lyric, riff, and personal history of the band members. What you have most likely failed to connect though, is that Maynard is screwing with you all. He has been for 15 years now. None of this means anything to him. It's all an elaborate joke twisted up into a social experiment of throwing all sorts of random mystical elements into a song, juxtaposing them with tribal drums and weird time signatures, and seeing what kind of profundity the knuckleheads find. I personally think it's hilarious.
Volrath's Avatar Volrath
05-04-2006, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk_is_rfg
I personally think it's hilarious.
To bad you're not.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:35 AM   #78
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

Quote:
I personally think it's hilarious.
To bad you're not.
05-04-2006, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsguitar
tool totally picked up where the floyd left off, there image, there images...ie,
in the wall pink is in the chair out side, starts to thrust forward and back, turns into the pink face...then after the whole shaving incident, walking down the hall
he turns into something adam would.....create....OH, now i see, but hey...
i love it...!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 08:35 AM   #79
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsguitar
tool totally picked up where the floyd left off, there image, there images...ie,
in the wall pink is in the chair out side, starts to thrust forward and back, turns into the pink face...then after the whole shaving incident, walking down the hall
he turns into something adam would.....create....OH, now i see, but hey...
i love it...!!!
05-04-2006, 08:38 AM

Quote:
um, kinda, their still musicians...being one myself, theres total artistic elements,
of course we all know he is a joker....anyway.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:38 AM   #80
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
um, kinda, their still musicians...being one myself, theres total artistic elements,
of course we all know he is a joker....anyway.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply