Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 04. 10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
User Name
Password
geekgurl's Avatar geekgurl
07-01-2006, 08:22 PM

I personally feel that this song is absolutely the biggest "gift" that we have been given by MJK. It is full of emotion and outward love to his mom and the fact that he has chosen to share something so deep with us moves me to tears. The rest of the band should be applauded for allowing MJK to express his feelings in this way. It's one thing to write a song for his mom and completely another to share it with the rest of the world.

All the rhetoric about MJK turning christian on us is a bunch of conjecture. I know if my son wrote a song so moving for me how much it would mean to me. I surely hope he was able to express this to Judith Marie before she passed on.

Maynard - everytime I listen to this song I am moved like no other song has moved me. Thank you for letting us in!

gg
Old 07-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 3
Thank you MJK

I personally feel that this song is absolutely the biggest "gift" that we have been given by MJK. It is full of emotion and outward love to his mom and the fact that he has chosen to share something so deep with us moves me to tears. The rest of the band should be applauded for allowing MJK to express his feelings in this way. It's one thing to write a song for his mom and completely another to share it with the rest of the world.

All the rhetoric about MJK turning christian on us is a bunch of conjecture. I know if my son wrote a song so moving for me how much it would mean to me. I surely hope he was able to express this to Judith Marie before she passed on.

Maynard - everytime I listen to this song I am moved like no other song has moved me. Thank you for letting us in!

gg
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Marquizzo
07-07-2006, 03:41 AM

I also love this song. It's one of the few I didn't delete from my playlist from this album.

His mom's name was Judith?! I guess I don't do my research as many people in this forum do, but you just helped me realize something about a certain APC song...
Old 07-07-2006, 03:41 AM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Thank you MJK

I also love this song. It's one of the few I didn't delete from my playlist from this album.

His mom's name was Judith?! I guess I don't do my research as many people in this forum do, but you just helped me realize something about a certain APC song...
STORMCROW1031's Avatar STORMCROW1031
07-09-2006, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgurl

gg
I second that!! Undoubtedly the most beautiful published work of music I have ever heard!!! And I listen to and love an AWFUL LOT!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgurl

gg
I second that!! Undoubtedly the most beautiful published work of music I have ever heard!!! And I listen to and love an AWFUL LOT!
07-11-2006, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquizzo

Judith Marie Garrison. And that's one to grow on...
Old 07-11-2006, 05:51 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquizzo

Judith Marie Garrison. And that's one to grow on...
Naga Royal Guard
07-11-2006, 04:24 PM

i really think this song is a good concept but haphazardly executed
Old 07-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 16122

07-12-2006, 06:39 AM

haphazardly executed? come on man
Old 07-12-2006, 06:39 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

haphazardly executed? come on man
07-12-2006, 07:55 AM

I agree with the OP, great song. I hope they play it live, just to be able to see all that emotion, I think it would be amazing.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:55 AM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

I agree with the OP, great song. I hope they play it live, just to be able to see all that emotion, I think it would be amazing.
07-12-2006, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard
agreed. could have been a great song if it was a little more cohesive once things start rollin towards the middle.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:05 AM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard
agreed. could have been a great song if it was a little more cohesive once things start rollin towards the middle.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply