opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Salival » 7. No Quarter
User Name
Password
Old 08-21-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Occult

"Thomas - Illuminate me. I'm just praying for you to show me where I'm to begin. Hoping to Reconnect to you. (into one)
(Lots of inaudible garble at the end there. As it ends I can make out "dig my diction," and its sounds like a bunch of eager cries, saying "Tommy") "

The Gospel of Thomas is a Gnostic scripture. In Gnosis Self Knowledge is the same as Divine Knowledge.
"...the brain is an underutilized biocomputer, containing billions of unaccessed neurons. I learned that normal consciousness is one drop in an ocean of intelligence. That consiousness and intelligence can be systematically expanded. That the brain can be reprogrammed. That knowledge of how the brain operates is the most pressing scientific issue of our time."
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 06:31 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Sorry bout that I accidently clicked on new thought instead of post followup. That was meant for the thread about subliminal messages in french where tomatoms ranted about APC being for him only. Sorry.
"...the brain is an underutilized biocomputer, containing billions of unaccessed neurons. I learned that normal consciousness is one drop in an ocean of intelligence. That consiousness and intelligence can be systematically expanded. That the brain can be reprogrammed. That knowledge of how the brain operates is the most pressing scientific issue of our time."
Old 09-03-2003, 11:01 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9
yeah, i know.

i don't understand what this was a response to in the thread it was meant for. I can hear the tommies n shit. when he sings it live, now, it sounds like he says, "till then two." at the end, but its growled out, so it is interpretable, i think. The song could be about the need to "see" before believing. illuminate me, im just praying for you to show me where i am to begin. nothing is about me, really. i am nothing. for now.

i'm curious about this Gospel of Thomas, and gnositicism. what the hell are they, and what is this "gospel" all about? is it an acount of the disciple, or something else? just curious.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:24 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Gnosticism has a long and mysterious pre Christian history, but became a form of Christianity before there was an orthodox church. Gnostics maintained they had a secret knowledge of Christ and God. Gnosticism is unique in that it holds divinity is attained through esoteric knowledge of god, as opposed to blind faith. Since Gnostic concepts couldn't fit into dogma, after the orthodox church came to power they were prosecuted along with Kabalists and others. Gnosticism went underground then, and its teachings were integral to most occult societies, where the "secret" Gnostic wisdom was passed down. The Gospel of Thomas was found in Egypt in 19(45?). It's the written account of the disciple Thomas. It offers a uniquely different view of Christ and his inner circle of apostles that more closely resembles an occult society. The writers of the New Testamet were not a part of that circle. Despite attempts by the Roman Catholic Church to discredit the Gospel of Thomas, most scholars of today agree it's geniune. It's important to note that Christ was against the political power of the synagogues, which was very much like the political power of the Catholic Church was and to some extent is.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:37 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Re: Occult

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemicalprophet
Gnosticism has a long and mysterious pre Christian history, but became a form of Christianity before there was an orthodox church. Gnostics maintained they had a secret knowledge of Christ and God. Gnosticism is unique in that it holds divinity is attained through esoteric knowledge of god, as opposed to blind faith. Since Gnostic concepts couldn't fit into dogma, after the orthodox church came to power they were prosecuted along with Kabalists and others. Gnosticism went underground then, and its teachings were integral to most occult societies, where the "secret" Gnostic wisdom was passed down. The Gospel of Thomas was found in Egypt in 19(45?). It's the written account of the disciple Thomas. It offers a uniquely different view of Christ and his inner circle of apostles that more closely resembles an occult society. The writers of the New Testamet were not a part of that circle. Despite attempts by the Roman Catholic Church to discredit the Gospel of Thomas, most scholars of today agree it's geniune. It's important to note that Christ was against the political power of the synagogues, which was very much like the political power of the Catholic Church was and to some extent is.
Very Interesting, where can I learn more about this and other such topics?
Old 10-11-2003, 12:40 AM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

You can see stuff about it on the History Channel, and just type in Gnosticism on MSN or something.
Fade away, fade away, like any other day.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:32 AM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

I love this post too. Wonderful Dialogues and I'm a arabic girl refrigerator talker.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

Well hell, now that the spam is removed, my post really makes no cents.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077

doesn't many any dollars either

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: