46 & 2
Schism (extended bridge)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings/ 10K
Lateralus
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-07-2007 at 08:07 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/07/04 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Schism (extended bridge)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings/ 10K
Lateralus
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-07-2007 at 08:07 PM..
OFFLINE |  
philipg's Avatar philipg
07-04-2007, 09:24 PM

correct me if I'm wrong but

Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Schism (extended bridge)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings/ 10K
Lateralus
Vicarious

crowd was awesome, all those lighters, even though i had some dramatic drunk douchebags giving sitting down and crying about their love lives right behind me during wings for marie.
drum jam thing during lateralus was extra special.
the sound, at least from where i was (section 5), was not that great, could barely hear maynard until lateralus when they seemed to kick him up at bit or maybe he just sang more directly into the mic for that song. sweet performances, no real messups that i caught. sad about the missing aenema, and although i saw flood at bonnaroo it was nice to see it again. visuals were stunning. goodnight.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/04 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Schism (extended bridge)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings/ 10K
Lateralus
Vicarious

crowd was awesome, all those lighters, even though i had some dramatic drunk douchebags giving sitting down and crying about their love lives right behind me during wings for marie.
drum jam thing during lateralus was extra special.
the sound, at least from where i was (section 5), was not that great, could barely hear maynard until lateralus when they seemed to kick him up at bit or maybe he just sang more directly into the mic for that song. sweet performances, no real messups that i caught. sad about the missing aenema, and although i saw flood at bonnaroo it was nice to see it again. visuals were stunning. goodnight.
OFFLINE |  
Jibiti
07-04-2007, 09:32 PM

Very awesome show. Songs performed really well and very nice lights and images. Was very enthusiastic about the 'Lateralus' material out of anything in the set, although wings / 10,000 was a highlight as well. Also loved the lighters during the three eye thing and all the members hugging at the end was a very nice touch.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Very awesome show. Songs performed really well and very nice lights and images. Was very enthusiastic about the 'Lateralus' material out of anything in the set, although wings / 10,000 was a highlight as well. Also loved the lighters during the three eye thing and all the members hugging at the end was a very nice touch.
OFFLINE |  
Speed Damage
07-04-2007, 09:48 PM

Don't forget to mention Maynard bringing out a fan during the Lateralus duel drum jam and using it to blow streams of toilet paper from huge rolls up in the air, and saying "Happy 4th of July" when he was done. And when the crew (dressed in long white shirts/bathrobes) came to clean it up he was like "Look an Oompa Loompa. Come here Oompa Loompa. Hey there's another one."
He said some other stuff about what the real reason fireworks were made for (something about blowing off your thumbs and eating a Dennys) but I couldn't hear him over the cheering crowd.

Overall, great show (too late to write a full review right now, maybe tomorrow).
Old 07-04-2007, 09:48 PM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Don't forget to mention Maynard bringing out a fan during the Lateralus duel drum jam and using it to blow streams of toilet paper from huge rolls up in the air, and saying "Happy 4th of July" when he was done. And when the crew (dressed in long white shirts/bathrobes) came to clean it up he was like "Look an Oompa Loompa. Come here Oompa Loompa. Hey there's another one."
He said some other stuff about what the real reason fireworks were made for (something about blowing off your thumbs and eating a Dennys) but I couldn't hear him over the cheering crowd.

Overall, great show (too late to write a full review right now, maybe tomorrow).
OFFLINE |  
Darkmoogle
07-04-2007, 09:57 PM

show was incredible, of course. wouldn't expect anything less, and any fears i had that they might give us some sort of festival shortened set or something vanished early on. i dunno, i guess i just don't give summerfest enough credit sometimes. but the crowd was generally great, aside from the fact that standing on that incline back in the lawn sucked.

i think he might have said something about survival of the fittest and to blow off your opposable thumbs. was hard to say, though... we were impressed by the lasers, so fucking strong that you could see them coming back together at a point on the opposite horizon, across lake michigan.

A+, tool
and wtf is up with the post on toolband right now
Old 07-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

show was incredible, of course. wouldn't expect anything less, and any fears i had that they might give us some sort of festival shortened set or something vanished early on. i dunno, i guess i just don't give summerfest enough credit sometimes. but the crowd was generally great, aside from the fact that standing on that incline back in the lawn sucked.

i think he might have said something about survival of the fittest and to blow off your opposable thumbs. was hard to say, though... we were impressed by the lasers, so fucking strong that you could see them coming back together at a point on the opposite horizon, across lake michigan.

A+, tool
and wtf is up with the post on toolband right now
OFFLINE |  
Ekan's Avatar Ekan
07-04-2007, 10:00 PM

Great show...thought the crowd was pretty well behaved..tool seem to be enjoying themselves....i got a setlist from the mixer sound board section...so i'll post a pic tomorrow in the morning for now...rest.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Great show...thought the crowd was pretty well behaved..tool seem to be enjoying themselves....i got a setlist from the mixer sound board section...so i'll post a pic tomorrow in the morning for now...rest.
OFFLINE |  
CallofCthulhu's Avatar CallofCthulhu
07-04-2007, 10:48 PM

Wow, I haven't posted on here in 20 years.

For Christ's sake Tool......change your setlist. Its been over a year. PLUS it was the 4th of July, 40th Anniversary of SFest, AND they canceled the last Wisconsin show. They could have done SOMETHING special (Third Eye). Still a spectacular show though. Risking ejection, I got some sweet videos on my phone. I was in section 6 towards the left end (row L, seat 50). I was surprised to see a plethora of sexy ladies who turned out to see Tool. All in all, for being my first Tool show it was awesome. I still think this tour doesn't hold a candle to Lateralus though.....

Last edited by CallofCthulhu; 07-04-2007 at 10:50 PM..
Old 07-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Wow, I haven't posted on here in 20 years.

For Christ's sake Tool......change your setlist. Its been over a year. PLUS it was the 4th of July, 40th Anniversary of SFest, AND they canceled the last Wisconsin show. They could have done SOMETHING special (Third Eye). Still a spectacular show though. Risking ejection, I got some sweet videos on my phone. I was in section 6 towards the left end (row L, seat 50). I was surprised to see a plethora of sexy ladies who turned out to see Tool. All in all, for being my first Tool show it was awesome. I still think this tour doesn't hold a candle to Lateralus though.....

Last edited by CallofCthulhu; 07-04-2007 at 10:50 PM..
OFFLINE |  
cureformax's Avatar cureformax
07-04-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipg View Post

Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Schism (extended bridge)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings/ 10K
Lateralus
Vicarious
Setlist is correct.

Laser show was AMAZING and the drum break during Lateralus was a definite plus, though Big Business' drummer's mics weren't even turned on...looked cool anyway. Maynard forgot to say "no flashes" during Wings, and I now know why...the lights get really trippy during that song and people are trying to capture it. I don't think a flash helps with anything unless you're in rows 1 - 3...duh.

Great show, and the drums were turned WAY up which for me was great! Went by the stage after the show and Danny is playing the metal kit...I did not know that.

EDIT: The stuff Maynard was shooting out was funny, reminded me of Bill Hicks and "ropes of jizm"...haha.

Last edited by cureformax; 07-05-2007 at 07:17 PM..
Old 07-04-2007, 11:23 PM   #8
[no]

Bincount™: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipg View Post

Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Schism (extended bridge)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings/ 10K
Lateralus
Vicarious
Setlist is correct.

Laser show was AMAZING and the drum break during Lateralus was a definite plus, though Big Business' drummer's mics weren't even turned on...looked cool anyway. Maynard forgot to say "no flashes" during Wings, and I now know why...the lights get really trippy during that song and people are trying to capture it. I don't think a flash helps with anything unless you're in rows 1 - 3...duh.

Great show, and the drums were turned WAY up which for me was great! Went by the stage after the show and Danny is playing the metal kit...I did not know that.

EDIT: The stuff Maynard was shooting out was funny, reminded me of Bill Hicks and "ropes of jizm"...haha.

Last edited by cureformax; 07-05-2007 at 07:17 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Knyx's Avatar Knyx
07-04-2007, 11:36 PM

Overall the show was pretty similar to what I saw in Phoenix. I can understand that they might need equipment changes every few songs and maybe add additional playlists (or however they do it) for the laser shows, but I really don't understand why they don't vary their setlists that much. I always get the feeling their shows have kind of a staged feeling to them, like it's just another town, another show. Justin is great at getting into it, but he seems to be the only one. I just wish they would be a little more random and were willing to try new things and experiment.

Lateralus was great, Flood was great to hear for the first time, the light shows were awesome, and the band was good as always too. Just really wish they wouldn't be so mechanical about their playlists.

Last edited by Knyx; 07-04-2007 at 11:38 PM..
Old 07-04-2007, 11:36 PM   #9
Bokonon

Bincount™: 1867

Overall the show was pretty similar to what I saw in Phoenix. I can understand that they might need equipment changes every few songs and maybe add additional playlists (or however they do it) for the laser shows, but I really don't understand why they don't vary their setlists that much. I always get the feeling their shows have kind of a staged feeling to them, like it's just another town, another show. Justin is great at getting into it, but he seems to be the only one. I just wish they would be a little more random and were willing to try new things and experiment.

Lateralus was great, Flood was great to hear for the first time, the light shows were awesome, and the band was good as always too. Just really wish they wouldn't be so mechanical about their playlists.

Last edited by Knyx; 07-04-2007 at 11:38 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Hellspawn's Avatar Hellspawn
07-04-2007, 11:41 PM

Great show, I ended it with a bowl, a meal at Denny's, and a cigarette. Perfect. Anyway...

Jambi
(-)Ions Sample
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Schism (Extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood (W/ Huge ambient intro)
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (W/ Duel Drums)
Vicarious

Fantastic fuckin show. Big Business was decent; I like the music but not the singer...he sounded exactly like the cookie monster to me. Tool was fantastic as expected, my only real gripe was that I thought Maynard should have been turned up a bit more in the mix, but I know all the words so that really isn't too huge of a problem to me.

Jambi - Sweet opener, loved Maynard's cowboy dance.

Stinkfist - Really got the crowd goin

The Pot - Unexpected, it was a nice surprise, I know they've only played it a few times on this leg.

Forty Six & 2 - Justin is the shit, so is Danny.

Schism - Always a sweet song to hear, the extended sped up part was excellent.

Rosetta Stoned - Aww no lost keys, but I still enjoyed it. The climax is the shit.

Flood - I LOVED the long ambient part before it, and then they just busted out into the intro to Flood, it was fanfuckintastic.

Wings/10,000 Days - Epic. Maynard sounded awesome.

Lateralus - The extended drum bit was fucking cool; Danny Carey is God. The ending of the song was probably my favorite moment of the night.

Vicarious - A nice crowd pleasing way to end the show. Nice to hear Maymay finish the last "MUCH BETTER YOU THAN I" part.

Other stuff I enjoyed:

- The light/laser show was AMAZING, and the videos were fucking cool as well.
- The ambient noises between songs were really awesome too.
- Maynard's banter, he seemed to be in a pretty good mood tonight. He talked about smelling baby powder (or something like that) and poop, blamed it on the band members and asked if they shit themselves. Later on he said some shit about oompa loompas, makin fun of the roadies. He concluded with how fireworks blow off peoples' thumbs, and how we shouldn't use fireworks or we'll be eating at Denny's for the rest of our lives.

Oh, and Maynard shooting those streamers into the air was sweet.

Last edited by Hellspawn; 07-04-2007 at 11:47 PM..
Old 07-04-2007, 11:41 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Great show, I ended it with a bowl, a meal at Denny's, and a cigarette. Perfect. Anyway...

Jambi
(-)Ions Sample
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Schism (Extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood (W/ Huge ambient intro)
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (W/ Duel Drums)
Vicarious

Fantastic fuckin show. Big Business was decent; I like the music but not the singer...he sounded exactly like the cookie monster to me. Tool was fantastic as expected, my only real gripe was that I thought Maynard should have been turned up a bit more in the mix, but I know all the words so that really isn't too huge of a problem to me.

Jambi - Sweet opener, loved Maynard's cowboy dance.

Stinkfist - Really got the crowd goin

The Pot - Unexpected, it was a nice surprise, I know they've only played it a few times on this leg.

Forty Six & 2 - Justin is the shit, so is Danny.

Schism - Always a sweet song to hear, the extended sped up part was excellent.

Rosetta Stoned - Aww no lost keys, but I still enjoyed it. The climax is the shit.

Flood - I LOVED the long ambient part before it, and then they just busted out into the intro to Flood, it was fanfuckintastic.

Wings/10,000 Days - Epic. Maynard sounded awesome.

Lateralus - The extended drum bit was fucking cool; Danny Carey is God. The ending of the song was probably my favorite moment of the night.

Vicarious - A nice crowd pleasing way to end the show. Nice to hear Maymay finish the last "MUCH BETTER YOU THAN I" part.

Other stuff I enjoyed:

- The light/laser show was AMAZING, and the videos were fucking cool as well.
- The ambient noises between songs were really awesome too.
- Maynard's banter, he seemed to be in a pretty good mood tonight. He talked about smelling baby powder (or something like that) and poop, blamed it on the band members and asked if they shit themselves. Later on he said some shit about oompa loompas, makin fun of the roadies. He concluded with how fireworks blow off peoples' thumbs, and how we shouldn't use fireworks or we'll be eating at Denny's for the rest of our lives.

Oh, and Maynard shooting those streamers into the air was sweet.

Last edited by Hellspawn; 07-04-2007 at 11:47 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Darkmoogle
07-04-2007, 11:49 PM

"call me crazy, but i think i smell... baby powder? did somebody shit themselves and is trying to cover it up?" something to that effect. that'd tie in nicely to the "steamers", which we're pretty sure was just toilet paper.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:49 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

"call me crazy, but i think i smell... baby powder? did somebody shit themselves and is trying to cover it up?" something to that effect. that'd tie in nicely to the "steamers", which we're pretty sure was just toilet paper.
OFFLINE |  
apollo
07-04-2007, 11:50 PM

Just a few lil snippets.

Didnt realize that row F was second row!!! it was insane. I was in section 1, literally 10 feet away from justin the whole time.

They NEED to change the setlist. Same one as I saw in chicago a week ago. Its still amazing live, but seriously, throw in some more undertow or some opiate.

Flood. Awesome song live, It was funny how barely anyone around me recognized it.

I CAUGHT JUSTINS PICK!

Maynard was pretty damn funny. Dont blow off your thumbs or you'll be eating at dennys through a straw? haha.. Something to that effect. and "Look its oompa loompas".
Old 07-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Just a few lil snippets.

Didnt realize that row F was second row!!! it was insane. I was in section 1, literally 10 feet away from justin the whole time.

They NEED to change the setlist. Same one as I saw in chicago a week ago. Its still amazing live, but seriously, throw in some more undertow or some opiate.

Flood. Awesome song live, It was funny how barely anyone around me recognized it.

I CAUGHT JUSTINS PICK!

Maynard was pretty damn funny. Dont blow off your thumbs or you'll be eating at dennys through a straw? haha.. Something to that effect. and "Look its oompa loompas".
OFFLINE |  
One Dark Flame's Avatar One Dark Flame
07-05-2007, 12:26 AM

Wasn't very impressed tonight in comparison to the other three Chicago shows I saw. Maynard was barely audible until the last 3-4 songs and that setlist needs to be changed, More tomorrow but one last note Justin Chancellor fuckin rules!!
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 07-05-2007, 12:26 AM   #13
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

Wasn't very impressed tonight in comparison to the other three Chicago shows I saw. Maynard was barely audible until the last 3-4 songs and that setlist needs to be changed, More tomorrow but one last note Justin Chancellor fuckin rules!!
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
SchwarzKatze's Avatar SchwarzKatze
07-05-2007, 04:56 AM

It was my first Tool concert, and wow. Not enough words can describe it. It definitely changes your feeling on songs and of the band if you have never seen them before. I truly think it was the best concert I have ever gone to. I made a pledge to myself that I will try to see them every year in Milwaukee.

Well why was this show so awesome?:

Minus a few times not being able to hear Maynard to well, EVERYONE SOUNDED AMAZING.

I thought Maynard was extremely friendly and inspiring. It really seemed that he liked the Milwaukee crowd compared to other tour reviews of other cities. He wished us a happy fourth at least twice. He also made an early comment about it smelling like poop and baby powder, then looked at Adam and Danny scornfully.

Each song they played made me rethink the ways i felt and thought about them before. Some songs really stuck out for me like lateralus. However I enjoyed every song very much considering I was screaming out the lyrics for every song.

The stage show for wings and 10kdays was just breathtaking. My friend bought this extremely cheap lighter at a cigar stand and when everyone was holding their lighters he held his so long the plastic melted and shot off the flint wheel.

At the end they went into that hug huddle and I thought that was very touching. How many bands have been around as long as tool and have that kind of respect for each other? I found that just inspiring.

Everyone was so pumped for an encore, but hey you can't be dissapointed after a tool concert.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:56 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

It was my first Tool concert, and wow. Not enough words can describe it. It definitely changes your feeling on songs and of the band if you have never seen them before. I truly think it was the best concert I have ever gone to. I made a pledge to myself that I will try to see them every year in Milwaukee.

Well why was this show so awesome?:

Minus a few times not being able to hear Maynard to well, EVERYONE SOUNDED AMAZING.

I thought Maynard was extremely friendly and inspiring. It really seemed that he liked the Milwaukee crowd compared to other tour reviews of other cities. He wished us a happy fourth at least twice. He also made an early comment about it smelling like poop and baby powder, then looked at Adam and Danny scornfully.

Each song they played made me rethink the ways i felt and thought about them before. Some songs really stuck out for me like lateralus. However I enjoyed every song very much considering I was screaming out the lyrics for every song.

The stage show for wings and 10kdays was just breathtaking. My friend bought this extremely cheap lighter at a cigar stand and when everyone was holding their lighters he held his so long the plastic melted and shot off the flint wheel.

At the end they went into that hug huddle and I thought that was very touching. How many bands have been around as long as tool and have that kind of respect for each other? I found that just inspiring.

Everyone was so pumped for an encore, but hey you can't be dissapointed after a tool concert.
OFFLINE |  
The Russian's Avatar The Russian
07-05-2007, 05:52 AM

Setlist:

Jambi
(-) Ions (small sample)
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Vicarious Jam
Flood
--break--
Wings For Marie (Pt. 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)
Lateralus (with Cody from Big Business)
Vicarious

Awesome Show.

I would say it was a bit better than the show in Chicago last week. The crowd was great, and it definitely helps not to have floor section, so I didn't have to look at annoying moshers all night. Had great seats in section 2, row Z. It felt like they did not start all that well, but the atmosphere picked up the pace and the band really got into the show. Justin was rocking out, and Adam seemed pretty into the show, which was evident in the end when he jumped up on some equipment in front and put his hand to his ear and then gave thumbs up to the audience. Danny was as good as always.
Maynard was pretty animated, even more so than the Chicago show. I loved the speech about not blowing up the opposable thumbs. The shtick during the Lateralus drum-off was pretty funny too. Great show in every way.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:52 AM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Setlist:

Jambi
(-) Ions (small sample)
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Vicarious Jam
Flood
--break--
Wings For Marie (Pt. 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)
Lateralus (with Cody from Big Business)
Vicarious

Awesome Show.

I would say it was a bit better than the show in Chicago last week. The crowd was great, and it definitely helps not to have floor section, so I didn't have to look at annoying moshers all night. Had great seats in section 2, row Z. It felt like they did not start all that well, but the atmosphere picked up the pace and the band really got into the show. Justin was rocking out, and Adam seemed pretty into the show, which was evident in the end when he jumped up on some equipment in front and put his hand to his ear and then gave thumbs up to the audience. Danny was as good as always.
Maynard was pretty animated, even more so than the Chicago show. I loved the speech about not blowing up the opposable thumbs. The shtick during the Lateralus drum-off was pretty funny too. Great show in every way.
OFFLINE |  
El Scorcho's Avatar El Scorcho
07-05-2007, 07:01 AM

My third Tool show, all three coming on this tour.

Fucking excellent show, better than the 2006 Chicago shows. Although, I was much closer this time around. Section 2, row V. The band seemed in good spirits and the crowd was very cool and respectful, for the most part. Maynard was pretty lively, swearing that he "smelled baby shit hand lotion" and commencing to ask the crowd if "someone pooped their pants and was trying to cover it up." He also said that "fireworks were invented to blow dummies' hands off, sort of a survival of the fittest type of thing." He wished a happy 4th during the breakdown during Stinkfist.

The highlights for me were The Pot, which just seemed really intense tonight for some reason, and obviously Lateralus. The drum-off was epic. Maynard was blowing toilet paper all over with a fan, in a silly oversized pink cowboy hat. The set and laser show has definitely evolved, and the mini encore break before Wings was really cool. More trippy music and weird shit onstage this time around. However... the setlist has become a bit stale. Rosetta Stoned needs to go and be replaced by Eulogy or Parabola or something. It's fine, it just really slows everything down in the middle of the show. That's pretty much the extent of my complaints.

The band was really fucking focused, and Danny and Justin seemed to be having a blast. Even Adam had more interaction with the crowd than I've seen in the past. Maynard's rodeo dancing never fails to get a laugh out of me. There was definitely some new song type jamming during the show and it sounds epic. I hope the new stuff comes sooner rather than later.

Thanks, Tool. You guys really are the pinnacle of musicianship.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:01 AM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

My third Tool show, all three coming on this tour.

Fucking excellent show, better than the 2006 Chicago shows. Although, I was much closer this time around. Section 2, row V. The band seemed in good spirits and the crowd was very cool and respectful, for the most part. Maynard was pretty lively, swearing that he "smelled baby shit hand lotion" and commencing to ask the crowd if "someone pooped their pants and was trying to cover it up." He also said that "fireworks were invented to blow dummies' hands off, sort of a survival of the fittest type of thing." He wished a happy 4th during the breakdown during Stinkfist.

The highlights for me were The Pot, which just seemed really intense tonight for some reason, and obviously Lateralus. The drum-off was epic. Maynard was blowing toilet paper all over with a fan, in a silly oversized pink cowboy hat. The set and laser show has definitely evolved, and the mini encore break before Wings was really cool. More trippy music and weird shit onstage this time around. However... the setlist has become a bit stale. Rosetta Stoned needs to go and be replaced by Eulogy or Parabola or something. It's fine, it just really slows everything down in the middle of the show. That's pretty much the extent of my complaints.

The band was really fucking focused, and Danny and Justin seemed to be having a blast. Even Adam had more interaction with the crowd than I've seen in the past. Maynard's rodeo dancing never fails to get a laugh out of me. There was definitely some new song type jamming during the show and it sounds epic. I hope the new stuff comes sooner rather than later.

Thanks, Tool. You guys really are the pinnacle of musicianship.
OFFLINE |  
Anahrah
07-05-2007, 07:03 AM

Huge disappointment.... Every song was an instrumental.

I left (completely pissed off and feeling ripped off) during Flood.
It was my *first* Tool concert... and if they don't have a different sound guy next time, it'll be my last! I honestly would have had more fun sitting at home alone in the dark listening to Tool on my iPod.

Actually, I'm not pissed off that I spent the money to see them... I'm pissed because it *should* have been a GREAT show.

GOOD ASPECTS OF THE SHOW:

Tool are magnificent musicians. They make it look and sound effortless!
The lighting and effects were great.
The band was tight (love the meter changes) and the levels of all of the *instruments* perfect.
My seats were great; I was about a dozen rows from the front.
Maynard's a sexy bastard. (Hell, I'd switch for him.)

BAD ASPECTS OF THE SHOW:

VOCALS: The audio engineer needed to take the wax from his ears! I never imagined what Tool would sound like as an instrumental band... but I found out! You could *NOT* hear Maynard AT ALL! It was so bad that the audience was having trouble singing along! Maynard's vocals are *key* to the feeling and texture of the music! You could tell taht Maynard was putting his all into it... and I'm sure it sounded great in his monitors, but the audience couldn't hear any of them unless he was screaming.

...A note to the engineer... Maynard's a dynamic singer! His vocals go from pianissimo to fortissimo. Get a fracking compressor/limiter and learn how to use it! If you can only hear him when he's screaming... then something's wrong. Maybe it's time you realized that your ears are shot. Or maybe you just *forgot* there was an audience! I'm sure the stage monitors sounded great! If you're not mixing from 2/3 back in the middle of the audience, at *least* have someone with good ears out there during the first song to fix any differences in sound now that there's a ton of people in the seats. Maybe I shouldn't be too critical of my fellow sound guys... but bad sound *really* ruins what should be a good show.

...that was the biggest part of why the show was bad.

A few little things that were annoying, but not enough to have caused me to say that it was the *worst* big concert I've ever been to... (Which, thanks to the sound guy, it was.)

1) I was stuck between two couples that were fighting. To the left of me the couple was giving off angry vibes and ignoring eachother while talking to everyone else. To the right of me, one girl was swearing and yelling at her girlfriend for about a half hour.

2) I'm tired of going to a concert and wondering if the people there are just drunken idiots or if they actually *get* the music? Have half these people ever *listened* to the lyrics!? I really doubt that the band would want you going around punching fellow fans and making homophobic remarks.

3) Some a$$hole punched me in the back as I was walking along the walkway between the amphitheater levels. Now, I'm a cute little blond 5 foot nothing faerie chick... why anyone would punch a girl as she's walking by... I'm not sure... After he punched me and I turned around, he pretended to not have done it while looking out of the corner of his eye at me as if to say "What? I'm just standing here. I didn't do anything." ...a$$hole.

...as is *usually* the case for shows that *should* have been great... a combination of horrible audio quality and people who don't know how to act ruined the show. Mostly though, it was the horrible audio quality.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:03 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Huge disappointment.... Every song was an instrumental.

I left (completely pissed off and feeling ripped off) during Flood.
It was my *first* Tool concert... and if they don't have a different sound guy next time, it'll be my last! I honestly would have had more fun sitting at home alone in the dark listening to Tool on my iPod.

Actually, I'm not pissed off that I spent the money to see them... I'm pissed because it *should* have been a GREAT show.

GOOD ASPECTS OF THE SHOW:

Tool are magnificent musicians. They make it look and sound effortless!
The lighting and effects were great.
The band was tight (love the meter changes) and the levels of all of the *instruments* perfect.
My seats were great; I was about a dozen rows from the front.
Maynard's a sexy bastard. (Hell, I'd switch for him.)

BAD ASPECTS OF THE SHOW:

VOCALS: The audio engineer needed to take the wax from his ears! I never imagined what Tool would sound like as an instrumental band... but I found out! You could *NOT* hear Maynard AT ALL! It was so bad that the audience was having trouble singing along! Maynard's vocals are *key* to the feeling and texture of the music! You could tell taht Maynard was putting his all into it... and I'm sure it sounded great in his monitors, but the audience couldn't hear any of them unless he was screaming.

...A note to the engineer... Maynard's a dynamic singer! His vocals go from pianissimo to fortissimo. Get a fracking compressor/limiter and learn how to use it! If you can only hear him when he's screaming... then something's wrong. Maybe it's time you realized that your ears are shot. Or maybe you just *forgot* there was an audience! I'm sure the stage monitors sounded great! If you're not mixing from 2/3 back in the middle of the audience, at *least* have someone with good ears out there during the first song to fix any differences in sound now that there's a ton of people in the seats. Maybe I shouldn't be too critical of my fellow sound guys... but bad sound *really* ruins what should be a good show.

...that was the biggest part of why the show was bad.

A few little things that were annoying, but not enough to have caused me to say that it was the *worst* big concert I've ever been to... (Which, thanks to the sound guy, it was.)

1) I was stuck between two couples that were fighting. To the left of me the couple was giving off angry vibes and ignoring eachother while talking to everyone else. To the right of me, one girl was swearing and yelling at her girlfriend for about a half hour.

2) I'm tired of going to a concert and wondering if the people there are just drunken idiots or if they actually *get* the music? Have half these people ever *listened* to the lyrics!? I really doubt that the band would want you going around punching fellow fans and making homophobic remarks.

3) Some a$$hole punched me in the back as I was walking along the walkway between the amphitheater levels. Now, I'm a cute little blond 5 foot nothing faerie chick... why anyone would punch a girl as she's walking by... I'm not sure... After he punched me and I turned around, he pretended to not have done it while looking out of the corner of his eye at me as if to say "What? I'm just standing here. I didn't do anything." ...a$$hole.

...as is *usually* the case for shows that *should* have been great... a combination of horrible audio quality and people who don't know how to act ruined the show. Mostly though, it was the horrible audio quality.
OFFLINE |  
Shbee
07-05-2007, 07:17 AM

PAIN AND COMFORT

Bought three seats for this show; two in section 8, row C, seats 5 and 6 and one in section 2, row cc. Went with my wife and good friend. The plan was to switch off who went down and sat in the section 2 seat. So we decided who would see what, and when and where we would make the ticket exchange. My wife went first and watched until the end of The Pot. She ran out and met me at the rendezvous point during the extended ambient intro to 46&2. "Go all the way down to row J" she said as we made the handoff, "I saved a seat for you". Intrigued and excited, I ran to the section 2 isle, flashed my ticket and down I went. Row J. Ah, Row J. I found myself standing 20 feet directly in front of Justin and Danny as they pounded out the beginning of 46&2. NEVER have I been this close. At some point I realized that my hand was glued to my mouth in amazement. "My buddy Greg is going to shi t himself when he comes down for the end of the show" I thought. "Everyone back home will shi t when they see how close we got". I reached in to my pocket and grabbed my camera. As discretely as possible I turned it on, turned the flash off and aimed it at Justin. Click. Nice. Then, disaster...

A man about three times my size rushes me and grabs me by the arm. "Let's go" he says, dragging me up the isle. I began sweating, my heart pounding. After taking my ticket and erasing ALL pictures on my camera, the 275 pound power trip dumped me outside the front gate to the Marcus Ampitheater. "Have a nice night" he sneered. "Fuc k you". Panic. Think. Cell phone. Please Greg, answer your phone. Divine intervention. Somehow, some way, my friend's phone (which only works about 1/4 of the time) manages to alert him to the fact that I am calling. "Are you SERIOUS?!?!"

My wife got my friend's ticket and came running out to the main gate where I was waiting rather...um...impatiently. It took some convincing, but eventually the gate staff bought the story that I had simply "forgotten to take my ticket with me". I made it back about 3/4 of the way through Rosetta Stoned. Never got to see Danny pound out the drum break in 46&2. No Schism. And, perhaps worst of all, no more section 2 ticket for Greg. Live and learn.

Other than my unfortunate run in with "the man", the show was amazing. Managed to get some sweet video of Lateralus. Now I'm running on about 2 1/2 hours of sleep after having driven back to Chicago after the show. Bittersweet. A show I'll never forget. Sorry Greg. Spiral out...
Old 07-05-2007, 07:17 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

PAIN AND COMFORT

Bought three seats for this show; two in section 8, row C, seats 5 and 6 and one in section 2, row cc. Went with my wife and good friend. The plan was to switch off who went down and sat in the section 2 seat. So we decided who would see what, and when and where we would make the ticket exchange. My wife went first and watched until the end of The Pot. She ran out and met me at the rendezvous point during the extended ambient intro to 46&2. "Go all the way down to row J" she said as we made the handoff, "I saved a seat for you". Intrigued and excited, I ran to the section 2 isle, flashed my ticket and down I went. Row J. Ah, Row J. I found myself standing 20 feet directly in front of Justin and Danny as they pounded out the beginning of 46&2. NEVER have I been this close. At some point I realized that my hand was glued to my mouth in amazement. "My buddy Greg is going to shi t himself when he comes down for the end of the show" I thought. "Everyone back home will shi t when they see how close we got". I reached in to my pocket and grabbed my camera. As discretely as possible I turned it on, turned the flash off and aimed it at Justin. Click. Nice. Then, disaster...

A man about three times my size rushes me and grabs me by the arm. "Let's go" he says, dragging me up the isle. I began sweating, my heart pounding. After taking my ticket and erasing ALL pictures on my camera, the 275 pound power trip dumped me outside the front gate to the Marcus Ampitheater. "Have a nice night" he sneered. "Fuc k you". Panic. Think. Cell phone. Please Greg, answer your phone. Divine intervention. Somehow, some way, my friend's phone (which only works about 1/4 of the time) manages to alert him to the fact that I am calling. "Are you SERIOUS?!?!"

My wife got my friend's ticket and came running out to the main gate where I was waiting rather...um...impatiently. It took some convincing, but eventually the gate staff bought the story that I had simply "forgotten to take my ticket with me". I made it back about 3/4 of the way through Rosetta Stoned. Never got to see Danny pound out the drum break in 46&2. No Schism. And, perhaps worst of all, no more section 2 ticket for Greg. Live and learn.

Other than my unfortunate run in with "the man", the show was amazing. Managed to get some sweet video of Lateralus. Now I'm running on about 2 1/2 hours of sleep after having driven back to Chicago after the show. Bittersweet. A show I'll never forget. Sorry Greg. Spiral out...
OFFLINE |  
El Scorcho's Avatar El Scorcho
07-05-2007, 07:44 AM

I dunno, I could hear Maynard well enough, but I was pretty close to the stage. Great sound where we were sitting. He's always mixed down, that's really nothing new.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:44 AM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I dunno, I could hear Maynard well enough, but I was pretty close to the stage. Great sound where we were sitting. He's always mixed down, that's really nothing new.
OFFLINE |  
Melon's Avatar Melon
07-05-2007, 07:58 AM

Great show can't really say anything that hasn't been said. we had awesome seats section 3 row CC
Old 07-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 625

Great show can't really say anything that hasn't been said. we had awesome seats section 3 row CC
07-05-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post

mixed down or inaudible?
there is a difference, and it was certainly the latter

(back in the grass *seats*)
Old 07-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post

mixed down or inaudible?

OFFLINE |  
Ekan's Avatar Ekan
07-05-2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbbmm View Post
mixed down or inaudible?

I was in section 5....sometimes i could hear him well others i couldnt..i know i didnt even know the first verse of wings started until a couple words into it....anyways here is that setlist i scored....just happy to post it with you guys.

http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0047vp4.jpg

Edit! just copy and paste the link:
Old 07-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #22
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbbmm View Post
mixed down or inaudible?

I was in section 5....sometimes i could hear him well others i couldnt..i know i didnt even know the first verse of wings started until a couple words into it....anyways here is that setlist i scored....just happy to post it with you guys.

http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0047vp4.jpg

Edit! just copy and paste the link:
OFFLINE |  
Knyx's Avatar Knyx
07-05-2007, 09:54 AM

I like how they spelled Milwaukee wrong
Old 07-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #23
Bokonon

Bincount™: 1867

I like how they spelled Milwaukee wrong
runnergirl26and2
07-05-2007, 10:05 AM

Loved the show!! Such talent!! When I listen to Tool's music I think to myself, How do they think of such great lyrics and create such an awesome sound?! It's just amazing!! I am so glad my husband and I drove 4 hours to see them again. We pretty much listened to Tool for 10 straight hours yesterday including the drive and concert. We saw them in St. Paul last week and I thought this show was even better. I think the setting of an outdoor venue added a little something special for me. We had Sec. 2, row CC seats, which were great!!! I've only seen them in arenas, so last night was pretty neat. I agree with the post from Hellspawn about Maynard being hard to hear on some parts, but it wasn't a huge deal for me either because I too knew all the lyrics and could still follow along with him and enjoy every song. I thought his vocals did get better towards the second half. Loved that they played The Pot as they did not play it last week in St. Paul. The band it seemed had a lot of energy. The stage lights and lasers were real intense, especially during the last couple songs, it really added to the show. Man, I have a huge new love for 10,000 days. It wasn't one of the songs on the new album that I've listened to alot, but after last night, it is now one of my favorites, it's really growing on me. My ass did not touch my seat during the whole show, some chick in front of us sat almost the whole damn time!!! It's the next day right now and I am still so pumped from last night!! I just can't stop thinking about it. Fuck, now I want to go out east to see them again, now I just have to talk my husband into it. Till next time!!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Loved the show!! Such talent!! When I listen to Tool's music I think to myself, How do they think of such great lyrics and create such an awesome sound?! It's just amazing!! I am so glad my husband and I drove 4 hours to see them again. We pretty much listened to Tool for 10 straight hours yesterday including the drive and concert. We saw them in St. Paul last week and I thought this show was even better. I think the setting of an outdoor venue added a little something special for me. We had Sec. 2, row CC seats, which were great!!! I've only seen them in arenas, so last night was pretty neat. I agree with the post from Hellspawn about Maynard being hard to hear on some parts, but it wasn't a huge deal for me either because I too knew all the lyrics and could still follow along with him and enjoy every song. I thought his vocals did get better towards the second half. Loved that they played The Pot as they did not play it last week in St. Paul. The band it seemed had a lot of energy. The stage lights and lasers were real intense, especially during the last couple songs, it really added to the show. Man, I have a huge new love for 10,000 days. It wasn't one of the songs on the new album that I've listened to alot, but after last night, it is now one of my favorites, it's really growing on me. My ass did not touch my seat during the whole show, some chick in front of us sat almost the whole damn time!!! It's the next day right now and I am still so pumped from last night!! I just can't stop thinking about it. Fuck, now I want to go out east to see them again, now I just have to talk my husband into it. Till next time!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Benjees82
07-05-2007, 10:44 AM

This was the 3rd and last show I will see on this tour. I must say I was slightly disappointed. Like has been mentioned, the vocals were hard to hear at times. I know pretty much every word to every song, so it didn't really bother me too much. He was audible enough for me to know what he was saying. But my little brother, who doesn't know Tool nearly as well as I do, was having a hard time hearing Maynard several times.

The crowd around me was excellent. I was in Sec 4, Row M. I managed to smoke up nearly everyone around me, 7 people I believe in all, and everyone was in great spirits and having a wonderful time. A woman right in front of me took a flash photo and I told her to shut the shit off. She obliged and we had no further problems. A guy right in front of me had terrible rhythm. I think he was a little drunk, cuz no one moves the way he was when dancing. I actually thought he was having seizures more than once. I guess he was just "dancing" if you can call it that. Having said this, I have a couple MAJOR complaints about the crowd.

I am sure that anyone reading this post is a pretty big Tool fan and smart enough to know that there are 2 things that you DO NOT do at a Tool show:

1) DO NOT THROW SHIT AT THE STAGE!! Unfortunately this rule was broken at least 3 times that I could see. Those fuckin glowsticks were flying all over the place, which is fine as long as they don't land in the hands of some jackass who wants to hit someone on the stage with it. Which was nearly the case when one flew right next to Adam. During the Lateralus drum jam, I watched as Adam slowly made his way over to the aforementioned glowstick and kicked it off the stage. I could tell he was pissed, and so was I. I felt embarrassed that a Wisconsin crowd would do something that dumb. Summerfest apparently attracted too many drunken assholes that don't know what a Tool show is about.

2) NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!! During Wings, that place fuckin lit up with cameras. I had just got done bitchin out that woman in front of me, then fuckin everyone decides they need a picture. With the flash on. Apparently Tool needs to make some signs to put up all over the fuckin venue so that people can get the hint. I thought Maynard was gonna have to cut out a verse in Wings (like he did in Peoria I believe) just to ask people politely not to take flash photos. Thankfully, that didn't happen, and Maynard seemed really into the show throughout despite the actions of stupid drunks.

I honestly believe that had this shit not happened, we could have been treated to something special aka Aenima. Right after Adam kicked the glowstick off the stage, he and Maynard had a short pow-wow. I am guessing they were discussing if they would bust out Aenima for the finale. Unfortunately, Adam was pissed and I'm sure told Maynard that Vicarious should be the last song, as usual. We honestly didn't deserve Aenima. I wanted it SOOOO badly, but it was not to be. Alrighty now, I'm done bitchin (I think).

The band performed near flawlessly. The segues and ambient sounds in between fuckin rocked again as usual. They really add to the show and make it sound like one big rock opera. Wings/10k days was the highlight for me. I love these songs live. On the way to Milwaukee, me and my 16 year old little bro were jammin to some Tool, and when these songs came on I explained to him what they were about. As we listened to 10k days, I said this part made me cry a little the first time I heard it and knew what the words were. As the "Shake your fists at the gates sayin, I've come home now..." verse ended I asked him what he thought. "That gave me goosebumps," he responded. Those songs are intense and powerful. I will never again skip them when listening to the CD. The band was spot-on throughout. I have no complaints about the performance at all.

Setlist schmetlist. It's the 10,000 Days Tour. Live with it people.

Overall, I'd give the show an 9/10. If it were another band, I would say it was incredible. But with a few people in the crowd's lack of respect and the difficulties hearing Maynard, it wasn't quite perfection. Close, but not quite.

Edit: I changed my rating from an 8 to a 9. I had a great time, but it could have been a bit better. But it's still Tool. They could play with their feet and still get an 8/10.

Last edited by Benjees82; 07-05-2007 at 12:35 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

This was the 3rd and last show I will see on this tour. I must say I was slightly disappointed. Like has been mentioned, the vocals were hard to hear at times. I know pretty much every word to every song, so it didn't really bother me too much. He was audible enough for me to know what he was saying. But my little brother, who doesn't know Tool nearly as well as I do, was having a hard time hearing Maynard several times.

The crowd around me was excellent. I was in Sec 4, Row M. I managed to smoke up nearly everyone around me, 7 people I believe in all, and everyone was in great spirits and having a wonderful time. A woman right in front of me took a flash photo and I told her to shut the shit off. She obliged and we had no further problems. A guy right in front of me had terrible rhythm. I think he was a little drunk, cuz no one moves the way he was when dancing. I actually thought he was having seizures more than once. I guess he was just "dancing" if you can call it that. Having said this, I have a couple MAJOR complaints about the crowd.

I am sure that anyone reading this post is a pretty big Tool fan and smart enough to know that there are 2 things that you DO NOT do at a Tool show:

1) DO NOT THROW SHIT AT THE STAGE!! Unfortunately this rule was broken at least 3 times that I could see. Those fuckin glowsticks were flying all over the place, which is fine as long as they don't land in the hands of some jackass who wants to hit someone on the stage with it. Which was nearly the case when one flew right next to Adam. During the Lateralus drum jam, I watched as Adam slowly made his way over to the aforementioned glowstick and kicked it off the stage. I could tell he was pissed, and so was I. I felt embarrassed that a Wisconsin crowd would do something that dumb. Summerfest apparently attracted too many drunken assholes that don't know what a Tool show is about.

2) NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!! During Wings, that place fuckin lit up with cameras. I had just got done bitchin out that woman in front of me, then fuckin everyone decides they need a picture. With the flash on. Apparently Tool needs to make some signs to put up all over the fuckin venue so that people can get the hint. I thought Maynard was gonna have to cut out a verse in Wings (like he did in Peoria I believe) just to ask people politely not to take flash photos. Thankfully, that didn't happen, and Maynard seemed really into the show throughout despite the actions of stupid drunks.

I honestly believe that had this shit not happened, we could have been treated to something special aka Aenima. Right after Adam kicked the glowstick off the stage, he and Maynard had a short pow-wow. I am guessing they were discussing if they would bust out Aenima for the finale. Unfortunately, Adam was pissed and I'm sure told Maynard that Vicarious should be the last song, as usual. We honestly didn't deserve Aenima. I wanted it SOOOO badly, but it was not to be. Alrighty now, I'm done bitchin (I think).

The band performed near flawlessly. The segues and ambient sounds in between fuckin rocked again as usual. They really add to the show and make it sound like one big rock opera. Wings/10k days was the highlight for me. I love these songs live. On the way to Milwaukee, me and my 16 year old little bro were jammin to some Tool, and when these songs came on I explained to him what they were about. As we listened to 10k days, I said this part made me cry a little the first time I heard it and knew what the words were. As the "Shake your fists at the gates sayin, I've come home now..." verse ended I asked him what he thought. "That gave me goosebumps," he responded. Those songs are intense and powerful. I will never again skip them when listening to the CD. The band was spot-on throughout. I have no complaints about the performance at all.

Overall, I'd give the show an 9/10. If it were another band, I would say it was incredible. But with a few people in the crowd's lack of respect and the difficulties hearing Maynard, it wasn't quite perfection. Close, but not quite.

Edit: I changed my rating from an 8 to a 9. I had a great time, but it could have been a bit better. But it's still Tool. They could play with their feet and still get an 8/10.

Last edited by Benjees82; 07-05-2007 at 12:35 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Ekan's Avatar Ekan
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjees82 View Post

Overall, I'd give the show an 8/10. If it were another band, I would say it was incredible. But with a few people in the crowd's lack of respect and the difficulties hearing Maynard, it wasn't quite perfection. Close, but not quite.

....sucks that you didnt really get what you were looking for out of the expirence....i saw a few flashes during wings but not that many..mostly lcd screens recording.

Edit: my bad i re-read your post...i totally apologize if i came across naive in my last post there.

Last edited by Ekan; 07-05-2007 at 11:01 AM..
Old 07-05-2007, 10:59 AM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjees82 View Post

Overall, I'd give the show an 8/10. If it were another band, I would say it was incredible. But with a few people in the crowd's lack of respect and the difficulties hearing Maynard, it wasn't quite perfection. Close, but not quite.

....sucks that you didnt really get what you were looking for out of the expirence....i saw a few flashes during wings but not that many..mostly lcd screens recording.

Edit: my bad i re-read your post...i totally apologize if i came across naive in my last post there.

Last edited by Ekan; 07-05-2007 at 11:01 AM..
OFFLINE |  
CallofCthulhu's Avatar CallofCthulhu
07-05-2007, 11:02 AM

After reading everyone's posts I'm really surprised. Have any of you ever been there before? That was my third show there. The sound was always shit except for last night. Maynard was definitely not inaudible for me, though his mix was LOW. I suppose it depended on where you were sitting. ALSO!!!!!!!! Did you read that set-list someone posted? No Aenema.

Last edited by CallofCthulhu; 07-05-2007 at 11:05 AM..
Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

After reading everyone's posts I'm really surprised. Have any of you ever been there before? That was my third show there. The sound was always shit except for last night. Maynard was definitely not inaudible for me, though his mix was LOW. I suppose it depended on where you were sitting. ALSO!!!!!!!! Did you read that set-list someone posted? No Aenema.

Last edited by CallofCthulhu; 07-05-2007 at 11:05 AM..
OFFLINE |  
reflectionss
07-05-2007, 11:21 AM

Good Show i was in section 1 AA seat 47....This was my 4th show 2nd on this tour ..I could see all the band members clearly... hard to hear vocals..lateralus was awesome.... really wanted to make the grand rapids show

Last edited by reflectionss; 07-05-2007 at 11:26 AM..
Old 07-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Good Show i was in section 1 AA seat 47....This was my 4th show 2nd on this tour ..I could see all the band members clearly... hard to hear vocals..lateralus was awesome.... really wanted to make the grand rapids show

Last edited by reflectionss; 07-05-2007 at 11:26 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Benjees82
07-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallofCthulhu View Post
No, I hadn't ever been there before. I didn't say that Maynard's volume was bad all night. I could hear sufficiently most the time. But at times, he was quite hard to hear.

Did someone say they played Aenema? I WISH they would have, but they didn't.

Last edited by Benjees82; 07-05-2007 at 12:36 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallofCthulhu View Post
No, I hadn't ever been there before. I didn't say that Maynard's volume was bad all night. I could hear sufficiently most the time. But at times, he was quite hard to hear.

Did someone say they played Aenema? I WISH they would have, but they didn't.

Last edited by Benjees82; 07-05-2007 at 12:36 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Benjees82
07-05-2007, 12:32 PM

And Big Business sucked donkey balls. They were awful in my own humble opinion. It was just a lot of noise. If you like the sound of a jet taking off right next to you, or a bomb being dropped right outside your house, then you may have enjoyed them. I could tell the drummer had some talent, but that singer was horrible. None of their songs even sounded like songs. I was glad when they finished. The drummer made a nice gesture at the end of Lateralus. As he went up and shook Danny's hand, he bowed his head, in recognition of the drumming god that is Danny Carey. Coady held his own, but was obviously playing second fiddle during that drum off.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

And Big Business sucked donkey balls. They were awful in my own humble opinion. It was just a lot of noise. If you like the sound of a jet taking off right next to you, or a bomb being dropped right outside your house, then you may have enjoyed them. I could tell the drummer had some talent, but that singer was horrible. None of their songs even sounded like songs. I was glad when they finished. The drummer made a nice gesture at the end of Lateralus. As he went up and shook Danny's hand, he bowed his head, in recognition of the drumming god that is Danny Carey. Coady held his own, but was obviously playing second fiddle during that drum off.
07-05-2007, 12:37 PM

fucking great show. i ate an 1/8th of mushrooms at 7:30 and couldn't have timed it better. i was sitting in section 8 and had good people sitting around me, they definitely understood the music and were really into it. but jesus fucking christ, that was by far the hardest i have ever tripped. the vibrations penetrated my soul, i was honestly paralyzed with power convulsing through every atom in my body. it was truly a life altering experience that just gives me more hope about my life and what i am capable of. i had never felt so alive in my life, i hold the deepest gratitude and respect for tool because they really just cut to the core and get what life is all about, and night after night they submerge back into that mind space and share it with the world. people need to stop bitching about switching up the setlist, cause you obviously don't understand the emotion and energy that goes into each and every song, it is truly exhausting. i agree maynards mic could've been turned up more, but that is the one and only complaint i have (besides being tweaked out by some really geeked out people who looked like they've been smoking to much meth). after the show my friend and i strolled around the area and sat at a picnic table watching the moon over the lake. it was really a spectacular view and really brought me to a very peaceful mindset after such a turbulent and mind bending experience. we walked back to our hotel and talked to some interesting people, i absolutely love people when i am tripping so it was really great to be in a different city talking to new people. its a great time to be alive people, soak it up and embrace every moment, hope everyone else had as great of a time as i did
Old 07-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #31
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3088

fucking great show. i ate an 1/8th of mushrooms at 7:30 and couldn't have timed it better. i was sitting in section 8 and had good people sitting around me, they definitely understood the music and were really into it. but jesus fucking christ, that was by far the hardest i have ever tripped. the vibrations penetrated my soul, i was honestly paralyzed with power convulsing through every atom in my body. it was truly a life altering experience that just gives me more hope about my life and what i am capable of. i had never felt so alive in my life, i hold the deepest gratitude and respect for tool because they really just cut to the core and get what life is all about, and night after night they submerge back into that mind space and share it with the world. people need to stop bitching about switching up the setlist, cause you obviously don't understand the emotion and energy that goes into each and every song, it is truly exhausting. i agree maynards mic could've been turned up more, but that is the one and only complaint i have (besides being tweaked out by some really geeked out people who looked like they've been smoking to much meth). after the show my friend and i strolled around the area and sat at a picnic table watching the moon over the lake. it was really a spectacular view and really brought me to a very peaceful mindset after such a turbulent and mind bending experience. we walked back to our hotel and talked to some interesting people, i absolutely love people when i am tripping so it was really great to be in a different city talking to new people. its a great time to be alive people, soak it up and embrace every moment, hope everyone else had as great of a time as i did
07-05-2007, 01:34 PM

10th show overall. Great performance, but for some reason I enjoyed last weeks show at the Sears Centre even more.

Same setlist as Chicago minus Lost Keys. I was hoping for Ænima considering they played it at Bonnaroo, but oh well.

Highlight of the night, next to Flood and Lateralus, was at the end Adam came running over to Section 1 and acknowledged the crowd....that was awesome.

...now if I can only get the vomit off of my shoe.

What I wouldn't do for an In-N-Out Burger....
Old 07-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #32

10th show overall. Great performance, but for some reason I enjoyed last weeks show at the Sears Centre even more.

Same setlist as Chicago minus Lost Keys. I was hoping for Ænima considering they played it at Bonnaroo, but oh well.

Highlight of the night, next to Flood and Lateralus, was at the end Adam came running over to Section 1 and acknowledged the crowd....that was awesome.

...now if I can only get the vomit off of my shoe.

What I wouldn't do for an In-N-Out Burger....
OFFLINE |  
Shbee
07-05-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahrah View Post
Just a hint... turn off the flash if you can next time.
It'll ruin the picture anyway... and it's what's going to get you noticed.
I saw many people taking pictures with their cell phones.

Flash was off. Guess they were just really watching for that... Take it from me kids, it aint worth it. Just enjoy the show. Live and learn. 46&2.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahrah View Post
Just a hint... turn off the flash if you can next time.
It'll ruin the picture anyway... and it's what's going to get you noticed.
I saw many people taking pictures with their cell phones.

Flash was off. Guess they were just really watching for that... Take it from me kids, it aint worth it. Just enjoy the show. Live and learn. 46&2.
OFFLINE |  
Jason_Synthes
07-05-2007, 01:42 PM

First off I'd like to thank the people that write reviews and post the set lists. It was great to see what songs TOOL would play and be able to know songs like FLOOD that I wouldn't have recognized. I made up a CD of all the songs and listened to them for the past month. I really wasn't sure if I liked FLOOD, but seeing TOOL play it live was better than the CD. I grew up in the 70's and saw major bands like LED ZEPP, AEROSMITH, PINK FLOYD, THE STONES, etc. etc. Back then the artists were pretty wasted when they took the stage and some of the songs really sucked live. TOOL was tight, the songs sounded perfect. I brought my 15 year old son to see his FIRST live concert and hope that he came away with an appreciation for live music. I did tell him on the ride home that he saw a FUCKING great show and that the "rest will be downhill".

Some of the comments about the quality of the sound don't reflect what I saw and/or heard last night. You have to remember that they played in an ampitheatre with an open air atmosphere. I thought the sound was great compared to some of the crap sound that I was used to hearing in a live concert of my day. I had no problems with the sound quality or making out the vocals.

Set list seems accurate. Wasn't sure what to make out about not seeing an encore. It was the first show I've ever been to where the band didn't come out and at least play one song. I was hoping they would play one, but when I saw Maynard walk off and the rest of the band stayed a while to pump up the crowd figured it wouldn't be so. If that's the way it is these days, I guess.. but think that an encore is part of playing a live show ? I have to agree that big business really sucked. I thought all of their songs sounded the same and was glad when they only played 1/2 hour and left. They were the worst opening band I've ever seen and I have a stack of ticket stubs 2 inches thick from all of the concerts I've been to.

As far as the camera Nazis...they were out of hand. They did go out of the way to warn you when you walked in that you weren't supposed to take pictures.. but SO WHAT. I wasn't expecting the red shirted jack offs to come into the crowd and take people out because they were taking pictures. It seemed inappropriate.

All in all the show last night was great and well worth the money I spent to take my kid to his first concert.

My .02 worth

Jason
Old 07-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

First off I'd like to thank the people that write reviews and post the set lists. It was great to see what songs TOOL would play and be able to know songs like FLOOD that I wouldn't have recognized. I made up a CD of all the songs and listened to them for the past month. I really wasn't sure if I liked FLOOD, but seeing TOOL play it live was better than the CD. I grew up in the 70's and saw major bands like LED ZEPP, AEROSMITH, PINK FLOYD, THE STONES, etc. etc. Back then the artists were pretty wasted when they took the stage and some of the songs really sucked live. TOOL was tight, the songs sounded perfect. I brought my 15 year old son to see his FIRST live concert and hope that he came away with an appreciation for live music. I did tell him on the ride home that he saw a FUCKING great show and that the "rest will be downhill".

Some of the comments about the quality of the sound don't reflect what I saw and/or heard last night. You have to remember that they played in an ampitheatre with an open air atmosphere. I thought the sound was great compared to some of the crap sound that I was used to hearing in a live concert of my day. I had no problems with the sound quality or making out the vocals.

Set list seems accurate. Wasn't sure what to make out about not seeing an encore. It was the first show I've ever been to where the band didn't come out and at least play one song. I was hoping they would play one, but when I saw Maynard walk off and the rest of the band stayed a while to pump up the crowd figured it wouldn't be so. If that's the way it is these days, I guess.. but think that an encore is part of playing a live show ? I have to agree that big business really sucked. I thought all of their songs sounded the same and was glad when they only played 1/2 hour and left. They were the worst opening band I've ever seen and I have a stack of ticket stubs 2 inches thick from all of the concerts I've been to.

As far as the camera Nazis...they were out of hand. They did go out of the way to warn you when you walked in that you weren't supposed to take pictures.. but SO WHAT. I wasn't expecting the red shirted jack offs to come into the crowd and take people out because they were taking pictures. It seemed inappropriate.

All in all the show last night was great and well worth the money I spent to take my kid to his first concert.

My .02 worth

Jason
OFFLINE |  
toolhead777
07-05-2007, 02:02 PM

Alrighty, then ... picture this if you will... my 18th show!!!! WOW!! FLOOD!! Again! Well another Tool show and I'm still ready for more but my walet is getting light. Summerfest was great! We got there at 5:00pm tailgated then went for a brat and more beer. I messed up and took my camera in to summerfest and left to put it in my car and they wouldn't let us back in. No re entrey after 6:30pm. WTF. So we had to scalp some seats. Got good seats for 20$ a tic so not so bad. We got into the venue @ 8:00pm and saw big bussiness not to impressed but then the show began. Jambi is a great opener. 46&2 is one of my favorites. We got flood and it was great to hear again but they just played it in Chicago last week and I thought we would get something different, but flood is such a powerful song and was played perfect. No lost keys and I love that intro. It reminds me of the Chicago warm up show (best show ever) cause thats what they opened up with. 10,000 days was good to hear again. Lateralus is again tool's best song. We snuck up to sec2 row 1 for Vicarious and it was awesome. That song is a great way to end the show. It was kind of sad cause this is it for live Tool for me this time around. After reflecting I can't believe I have been to 18 shows and still want more. Getting up for work today was the worst but thats the only way I can keep going to so many shows. I hope Maynard was serious when he said see ya soon. Hopefully sooner then later. The crowd was great and very loud. I love Wisconsin. I want to thank Joe and Phil for experiencing so many shows with me. It has been alot of fun and good times in so many different cities. Thanks to Tool for a great show. Please keep making music and touring all over. Until the next show ride the spiral...
7/19/98 WI, 9/8/01 IN, 9/9/01 IL, 10/20/01 IA, 7/19/02 NV, 8/29/02 IL, 9/1/02 WI, 9/7/02 IL, 10/18/02 MI, 11/24/02 CA, 5/13/06 IL, 9/1/06 NV, 9/16/06 MN, 9/18/06 IL, 5/16/07 TX, 6/22/07 MO, 6/27/07 IL, 7/4/07 WI

Last edited by toolhead777; 07-05-2007 at 02:06 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Alrighty, then ... picture this if you will... my 18th show!!!! WOW!! FLOOD!! Again! Well another Tool show and I'm still ready for more but my walet is getting light. Summerfest was great! We got there at 5:00pm tailgated then went for a brat and more beer. I messed up and took my camera in to summerfest and left to put it in my car and they wouldn't let us back in. No re entrey after 6:30pm. WTF. So we had to scalp some seats. Got good seats for 20$ a tic so not so bad. We got into the venue @ 8:00pm and saw big bussiness not to impressed but then the show began. Jambi is a great opener. 46&2 is one of my favorites. We got flood and it was great to hear again but they just played it in Chicago last week and I thought we would get something different, but flood is such a powerful song and was played perfect. No lost keys and I love that intro. It reminds me of the Chicago warm up show (best show ever) cause thats what they opened up with. 10,000 days was good to hear again. Lateralus is again tool's best song. We snuck up to sec2 row 1 for Vicarious and it was awesome. That song is a great way to end the show. It was kind of sad cause this is it for live Tool for me this time around. After reflecting I can't believe I have been to 18 shows and still want more. Getting up for work today was the worst but thats the only way I can keep going to so many shows. I hope Maynard was serious when he said see ya soon. Hopefully sooner then later. The crowd was great and very loud. I love Wisconsin. I want to thank Joe and Phil for experiencing so many shows with me. It has been alot of fun and good times in so many different cities. Thanks to Tool for a great show. Please keep making music and touring all over. Until the next show ride the spiral...
7/19/98 WI, 9/8/01 IN, 9/9/01 IL, 10/20/01 IA, 7/19/02 NV, 8/29/02 IL, 9/1/02 WI, 9/7/02 IL, 10/18/02 MI, 11/24/02 CA, 5/13/06 IL, 9/1/06 NV, 9/16/06 MN, 9/18/06 IL, 5/16/07 TX, 6/22/07 MO, 6/27/07 IL, 7/4/07 WI

Last edited by toolhead777; 07-05-2007 at 02:06 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Cycloz's Avatar Cycloz
07-05-2007, 02:19 PM

Great f'n show.

While I think performance wise the Chicago show may have been slightly better than this show, I enjoyed this show more as I could let loose not having a 2 hour trek home after the show - and knowing this is the last time I'll see the guy's in awhile I treated it as such.

And ya, Adam coming over to the other side of the stage at the end to hear it from the crowd was great.

Thank you Tool for yet another mind (and ear) blowing experience.

Last edited by Cycloz; 07-05-2007 at 08:04 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #36

Great f'n show.

While I think performance wise the Chicago show may have been slightly better than this show, I enjoyed this show more as I could let loose not having a 2 hour trek home after the show - and knowing this is the last time I'll see the guy's in awhile I treated it as such.

And ya, Adam coming over to the other side of the stage at the end to hear it from the crowd was great.

Thank you Tool for yet another mind (and ear) blowing experience.

Last edited by Cycloz; 07-05-2007 at 08:04 PM..
OFFLINE |  
droop
07-05-2007, 07:29 PM

I was in Section 3 Row U

Top 3 Optimism pats:
1. Justin. Hands down: From the umpteen shows I've viewed on the netweb, Ive never seen him so amped. When they opened with Jambi he looked like he was just released from a cage, deprived of his Bass for 2 months. The ignition of the Jambi performance was enough to cure impotence. In the intro of flood he seemed to turn into this divine God of Earthquake, my body seriously felt like a human size cellphone rigorously vibrating. I've never seen a bassist assume the position he did in Wings for Marie.

2. Flood. With the setlist, this really threw me off. Definately livened my senses.

3. Wings for Marie performance. With anyone with music & performance art interests, this was a euphoric masterpiece. The laser lights turned in to a Alex Grey universal lattice like horizon.

3 Pessimism pokes:
1. Setlist. I think any Tool obsessed fan(knows: lyrics to every tool song, the name of maynards son, the real meaning to the song H.) could come to somewhat of an agreement on this.

2.Yes yes, volume of the vocals. I thought it may have had to do with where I was sitted and the arrangement of the speakers, but as you've some people couldnt even hear Maynard. The Marcus isn't really use to Tool-like shows, more Reba McEntire or Ludacris, so maybe that had something to do with it.

3. The crowd. Nothing to do with Tool. Now I guess in general, the crowd was a good lil Tommy. But like granny says "one bad apple can ruin the bunch". I really hope someone served justice onto who ever threw the lame glowstick on stage, hopefully they got donked with the massive toilet paper roll. This madness was matched by twin teenage Moms' Mini-Van drivin twurps behind me yelling "Maynard sucks" & "play vicarious bitch" & "quit whining about your mom maynard" I never understand that lame shit, and why the hell are these parasites going to a Tool show? I would of paid $576 dollars to see that Begbie guy from Trainspotting to bash a glass in their face and annihilate them with his british accent.

my 2 cents. 2 taps upon things that haven't been mentioned:
Tap 1.During their tuning adjustments, did any of you think they were tuning to play different songs then they did(the grudge, parabola, right-in-two)? Maybe it was me fantasizing.
Tap 2.Can someone tell me exactly what humble Adam was blowing in to during the jambi solo? On the subject of Adam, his Moses-like humbled stage presence cracks me up every time. Dude is dishing out thrashing guitar riffies and he just seems to be at a picnic in the meadows of North Dakota with a little summer breeze. Rad.

The show brought a lot of other entertainment, which you expect with the Wisconsin breed of people/its that Summerfest brings. I saw a variety of people from wizards, to 70 year old couples, to teenagers needing security guard assistance to puke in garbages.
Also, I've taken a liking to witnessing couples seated together and the guy acting like it's some sort of accomplishment to scream lyrics in the girls' ear. Especially when it's lyrics as romantic as "beg like a hooker all night long"!

Twas a good show Tool.

See you again soon.

Last edited by droop; 07-05-2007 at 07:38 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

I was in Section 3 Row U

Top 3 Optimism pats:
1. Justin. Hands down: From the umpteen shows I've viewed on the netweb, Ive never seen him so amped. When they opened with Jambi he looked like he was just released from a cage, deprived of his Bass for 2 months. The ignition of the Jambi performance was enough to cure impotence. In the intro of flood he seemed to turn into this divine God of Earthquake, my body seriously felt like a human size cellphone rigorously vibrating. I've never seen a bassist assume the position he did in Wings for Marie.

2. Flood. With the setlist, this really threw me off. Definately livened my senses.

3. Wings for Marie performance. With anyone with music & performance art interests, this was a euphoric masterpiece. The laser lights turned in to a Alex Grey universal lattice like horizon.

3 Pessimism pokes:
1. Setlist. I think any Tool obsessed fan(knows: lyrics to every tool song, the name of maynards son, the real meaning to the song H.) could come to somewhat of an agreement on this.

2.Yes yes, volume of the vocals. I thought it may have had to do with where I was sitted and the arrangement of the speakers, but as you've some people couldnt even hear Maynard. The Marcus isn't really use to Tool-like shows, more Reba McEntire or Ludacris, so maybe that had something to do with it.

3. The crowd. Nothing to do with Tool. Now I guess in general, the crowd was a good lil Tommy. But like granny says "one bad apple can ruin the bunch". I really hope someone served justice onto who ever threw the lame glowstick on stage, hopefully they got donked with the massive toilet paper roll. This madness was matched by twin teenage Moms' Mini-Van drivin twurps behind me yelling "Maynard sucks" & "play vicarious bitch" & "quit whining about your mom maynard" I never understand that lame shit, and why the hell are these parasites going to a Tool show? I would of paid $576 dollars to see that Begbie guy from Trainspotting to bash a glass in their face and annihilate them with his british accent.

my 2 cents. 2 taps upon things that haven't been mentioned:
Tap 1.During their tuning adjustments, did any of you think they were tuning to play different songs then they did(the grudge, parabola, right-in-two)? Maybe it was me fantasizing.
Tap 2.Can someone tell me exactly what humble Adam was blowing in to during the jambi solo? On the subject of Adam, his Moses-like humbled stage presence cracks me up every time. Dude is dishing out thrashing guitar riffies and he just seems to be at a picnic in the meadows of North Dakota with a little summer breeze. Rad.

The show brought a lot of other entertainment, which you expect with the Wisconsin breed of people/its that Summerfest brings. I saw a variety of people from wizards, to 70 year old couples, to teenagers needing security guard assistance to puke in garbages.
Also, I've taken a liking to witnessing couples seated together and the guy acting like it's some sort of accomplishment to scream lyrics in the girls' ear. Especially when it's lyrics as romantic as "beg like a hooker all night long"!

Twas a good show Tool.

See you again soon.

Last edited by droop; 07-05-2007 at 07:38 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Cycloz's Avatar Cycloz
07-05-2007, 07:58 PM

Here's a nice little review from the local paper:

"Strong start, classy ending bookend solid performance"
"Band offers brains, brawn in good mix"

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=628750
Old 07-05-2007, 07:58 PM   #38

Here's a nice little review from the local paper:

"Strong start, classy ending bookend solid performance"
"Band offers brains, brawn in good mix"

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=628750
OFFLINE |  
mythirdeye
07-05-2007, 08:49 PM

i could hear everyone equally well. i thought maynards mic was pretty good. it was an amazing show man. the lateralus thing was insane. stinkfist really got the crowd going and then forty six and two kicked ass. big business sucked. my only complaint was that maynard didnt really scream during rosetta stoned. besides for that and them not playing jerk off, awesome show.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

i could hear everyone equally well. i thought maynards mic was pretty good. it was an amazing show man. the lateralus thing was insane. stinkfist really got the crowd going and then forty six and two kicked ass. big business sucked. my only complaint was that maynard didnt really scream during rosetta stoned. besides for that and them not playing jerk off, awesome show.
OFFLINE |  
Sweeney
07-05-2007, 11:50 PM

It was my 3rd Tool show, although first two were '97 Lolla and '98 Ozzfest at Alpine Valley, and I have to say Tool has not lost a step in almost a decade. Show kicked serious ass, I was sitting in section 1, row Z, seat 20 something and the vocals were a little weak at times for the first couple of songs, even mentioned it to the guy next to me during stinkfist. Was a little surprised to see that Maynard didnt have boobs or wasn't painted blue like he was 10 years ago, which was a little disappointing since I had the newbs i went with ready to see some weird freak belting out kick ass vocals, but whatever the music was outstanding and the light show was amazing, made me think I was about to be obducted by aliens when those three circle things started moving above the stage. 46 and 2 and Vicarious were my highlights, oh and Flood was a very welcome surprise. Loved the interaction with the crowd after the show was over, pretty classy for band these days. See you all at the next show in Wisconsin hopefully soon and I wanna hear Pushit damnit!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

It was my 3rd Tool show, although first two were '97 Lolla and '98 Ozzfest at Alpine Valley, and I have to say Tool has not lost a step in almost a decade. Show kicked serious ass, I was sitting in section 1, row Z, seat 20 something and the vocals were a little weak at times for the first couple of songs, even mentioned it to the guy next to me during stinkfist. Was a little surprised to see that Maynard didnt have boobs or wasn't painted blue like he was 10 years ago, which was a little disappointing since I had the newbs i went with ready to see some weird freak belting out kick ass vocals, but whatever the music was outstanding and the light show was amazing, made me think I was about to be obducted by aliens when those three circle things started moving above the stage. 46 and 2 and Vicarious were my highlights, oh and Flood was a very welcome surprise. Loved the interaction with the crowd after the show was over, pretty classy for band these days. See you all at the next show in Wisconsin hopefully soon and I wanna hear Pushit damnit!
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply