opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Forum Feedback » Feedback
User Name
Password
Old 05-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
business advice

I don't know where else to post this.

Tool has a unique relationship with their label.

If anyone else has noticed the marks of their business sense and the contrast between that and other bands, please share any insights you may have. That way, hypothetically, if a band were to be signed by a label in the near future, they could think about how to set their terms and avoid pitfalls.

Here are some things I have noticed:

-Tool is not on iTunes

-Tool is never sampled in other people's music (like Neil Young until that new song with "old man take a look at my life")

-Tool has creative control over production (i.e. vocals are not turned way up relative to instruments, songs are longer than typical radio hits)

-Tool releases albums infrequently (tho they have a set "at least" number of albums, I think)

-Tool members do side projects (Pigmy Love Circus, Melvins, Perfect Circle, Puscifer, Danny Carey Drum Clinics, probably more)

Thanks.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: business advice

[lurk]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619
Re: business advice

I think their business sense is quite good, but none of those things really stand out as nothing unusual to me.

Also, Tool have been sampled in other peoples music...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: