opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Salival
User Name
Password
Old 02-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: in the quaalude induced semi-lucid dreams of the mexican staring frog of sri lanka
Bincount™: 80
Paul or justin?

Was paul or justin on these tracks? I know Paul would be on maynards dick...haha...and justin on you lied. it's probably in the booklet notes, but i cant get to my original copy of salival right now.

ps. How about that bass line after the last verse of you lied and before maynard belts out "YOU LIED!!!!" awesome bass

Last edited by TheDude420; 02-17-2008 at 08:31 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: Paul or justin?

I don't think it was ever known whether Justin or Paul is featured on the recording of "No Quarter". I know Paul wrote the bass part, and that a Stingray bass was used on the recording (also you can find youtube videos from 1994-95 with Paul using the Stingray bass playing No Quarter live with the band) but I heard that Tool had re-recorded/mixed the song again before releasing it on the box set for Salival, which means there's a very good chance that it was Justin featured on the track (according to wikipedia the Salival album's studio tracks were recorded between 1995-96 at The Lodge and Ocean Way Recording in Hollywood, CA). So therefore a really good chance that it was Justin.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619
Re: Paul or justin?

I'd be pretty surprised if Paul recorded it, as I expect it would have been mentioned in the liner notes.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: