opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 01. Stinkfist
User Name
Password
Old 02-10-2004, 03:40 PM   #1

Bincount™: 41
Fisting through the borderline

first thumbs, then fingers, then fist, then arm, through the "borderline". Fisting, goto Google.com and put in Fisting to see what I mean :D
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
Orbis De Ignis

Bincount™: 462
Re: Fisting through the borderline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTool4Nick
first thumbs, then fingers, then fist, then arm, through the "borderline". Fisting, goto Google.com and put in Fisting to see what I mean :D
I already know what you mean, and its NOTHING to do with fisting. Please read through some past posts because you are just repeating basic assumptions that have been repeated a million times.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:59 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that it's symbolic of something deeper (no pun intended). Tool aren't likely to write a song that's just about sticking your hand up someone's ass.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:59 PM   #4
On Probation

Bincount™: 4

I dont see why people get so offended at the concept that it's about anal fisting.

Maynards dick is indeed about his dick... why couldn't he write about anal fisting? I'm not saying it is, I don't know and untill the band actually states the meaning, I won't know 100%
Old 02-18-2004, 07:54 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Tis true TOOL isn't some sick pervert band like so many out there. The difference between TOOL and everyone else is that TOOL's music actually means something. Everyone else just says empty words hoping to get rich and famous quick. It is true TOOL makes money but that is beside this point. The borderline symbolizes in my opinion breaking outside conformity using "anal fisting" and the title Stinkfist as a metophor for something totally absurd. I mean how many people do you know that like a hand up their ass? but you can name plenty of women that like a dick in the pussy which is what every normal person does. Sure this may make some subliminal innuendo, but true TOOL fans aren't stupid enough to be hypnotized by the sick metaphors they use. Those metaphors are there to attract your attention to what they are saying. If they were to sing about conformist, people would be like "ya like we haven't heard this before" but talking about it in terms of dirty sexual acts not normally done is sure to catch people's attention. On a side note, It is against the first amendment to force an artist to edit his music. I do not think i have ever seen an edited TOOL cd before have you people? And the radio stations shouldn't edit their music either, it hinders ones right to free speech, the U.S. government gets even worse, but thats not something i should go into.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:43 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

I agree with the initial post that it IS about fisting. This sex act takes place so it's not unheard of. Think about the song name and the lyrics. It may be a metaphor for something else, but i think it's about fisting
Old 03-10-2004, 12:53 AM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

i compleatly agree, i have read several threads similiar to this one. People saying "is this song about anal fisting?" and people blasting them. I think that people should settle down and realize that it is not impossible that it is actually about fisting. Sometimes people on this forum are terribly judgemental.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:40 AM   #8
Orbis De Ignis

Bincount™: 462

It could be about anything. I prefer to interpret it as something meaningful, but if you want it to mean fisting, then thats your choice. Oh, and by the way, Pushit is about toilet paper...
Old 03-10-2004, 08:20 PM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodagoth
... On a side note, It is against the first amendment to force an artist to edit his music. I do not think i have ever seen an edited TOOL cd before have you people? And the radio stations shouldn't edit their music either, it hinders ones right to free speech, the U.S. government gets even worse, but thats not something i should go into.

I have seen an edited version of Undertow... but it did not have the artwork on the front or back. The front of it had a big barcode...

I agree with the whole first amendment thing. I can't stand edited music.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:56 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

That was a whole month ago.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:59 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

They seem to like using the anus as a tool for relaying their messages. Seems interesting to me. Maybe we aren't supposed to find something deeper, but I don't mind seeing past the obvious even if the obvious is the answer.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:14 PM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodagoth
Tis true TOOL isn't some sick pervert band like so many out there. The difference between TOOL and everyone else is that TOOL's music actually means something. Everyone else just says empty words hoping to get rich and famous quick. It is true TOOL makes money but that is beside this point. The borderline symbolizes in my opinion breaking outside conformity using "anal fisting" and the title Stinkfist as a metophor for something totally absurd. I mean how many people do you know that like a hand up their ass? but you can name plenty of women that like a dick in the pussy which is what every normal person does. Sure this may make some subliminal innuendo, but true TOOL fans aren't stupid enough to be hypnotized by the sick metaphors they use. Those metaphors are there to attract your attention to what they are saying. If they were to sing about conformist, people would be like "ya like we haven't heard this before" but talking about it in terms of dirty sexual acts not normally done is sure to catch people's attention. On a side note, It is against the first amendment to force an artist to edit his music. I do not think i have ever seen an edited TOOL cd before have you people? And the radio stations shouldn't edit their music either, it hinders ones right to free speech, the U.S. government gets even worse, but thats not something i should go into.

i just bought undertow with the unedited artwork. i dont think the governament made tool change it, but some stores such as walmart refused to sell the album because of it.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:22 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazX22
i just bought undertow with the unedited artwork. i dont think the governament made tool change it, but some stores such as walmart refused to sell the album because of it.
bullshit. whoevers guna actually buy the cd isnt guna be some two year old whos guna be offended by the art inside. and thats exactly what it is. art. and also i think i did see an edited "undertow" cd on fye.com but i doubt anybody ever bought it. and if they did they should burn it because it wsnt made by tool, it was made buy the government. same goes for any edited album.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:38 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Back to the original subject of this post, i believe the beauty of tool's music is that it has dual meanings. The reference to fisting is undenyable (STINKFISK), however, the song isn't just about fisting. I imagine that is has something to do with the overstimulation of society, as some other posts might refer to as well.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:16 AM   #15
Tar
Level 1 - Lurker

I do think the "obvious" meaning of the song is *ahem* fisting but I think TOOL are trying to convey the deep meaning of it.I think there trying to show the trust that has to exist before 'fisting' occurs you wouldn't let just anybody do that too you!I think there shoing the trust in a relationship or whatever that has to exist before you can explore things like this.Just my thoughts anyhoo!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: