opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 05-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #601
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tour complaints -- brokers, scalping, etc. (merged)

I posted this orginally on the tour discussion, but I hoping I may be able to get an answer here, or if anyubody out there ever had this exzperience too.
Seeing that ticket consolidators are under discussion here:

For the May 2nd in San Diegoshow up for the show at 4pm. I had a tocket for this show. Show starts at 730pm (I wasnt going to deal with the bitch, of being on on any road connecting LA and San Diego during rush hour), so I was early as hell. Anyway, I walk up to the box office, just to take a chance on getting a ticket for the following eveining , the May 3rd San Diego show. I figure what the hell, I tried day of sale for these tickets, and have tried all the way up to now on ticketmaster. It tried to see if ticketmaster auctions had any, and the ticket hook up with this site. No Dice.

So I ask at the box office. The woman there tells me, The May 3rd show still has very good seats, and points to the stage, floor area. Holy Shit!! I end up getting a seat, at $54.00, for 4th row back from the stage, on the fucking floor!! This was not a GA show. There were seats on the floor. But nonetheless., proximity to stage for this seat was about 10 feet.

I noticed other people buying seats day of show yesterday. Some on the floor of the arena. When I got into the show last night and found my seat, a girl sitting
next to me started a concversation. Turns out this girl worked for the San Diego State University ticket office, and said at least 5 seats were held per row, in various rows around the arena. So at least 80-100 great floor seats ( possibly more)? tickets were relaeased close to the day of performance.They went on sale at the last moment for the sake of them either beiong student seats, or seats bought by consolidators which went unsold. In further conversation, I talked to 3 people in the first row floor that bought their ticket on May 2nd for a May 3rd show from this same box office.

Lesson from this story: First scenario: This might only work at College arenas. Student seats may be held till the last minute. Second Scenario: It is possible ticketmaster is once again fucking us royally by giving away to many blocks of tickets to bulk consolidation companies. Hence, taking experiences away from true fans. Those of us who give up hope when we are on Ticketmaster's ass at 8:59 am ,when tickets go on sale at 9:00am....and still cant buy a ticket....I hope this experience gives you some hope. Thinking there is no way to get in after getting that "please try again" with ticketmaster" when you are online....dont give up

Have any of you had this same experience? Granted we had a second show added in our city of San Diego but has anyone else out there gotten floor seats day of at standard ticket price like this?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:15 PM   #602
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 13

I think that Ticketmaster is using this as a tactic to control the market. Why buy from a competitor such as Stubhub if you can anticipate that good tickets at face value will become available on Ticketmaster? Notice how they never say a show is 'sold out'. They say something like the 'tickets are unavailable at the moment' and 'try again later'.

So much for first come first served. Unfortunetely, die hard fans (such as myself) who try to get tickets as soon as they become available are getting seats further away from the stage. In the thread for the upcoming concert that I'm going to, none of the posters indicated purchasing tickets in the closest floor section. Who is getting these tickets?
Old 05-07-2007, 05:14 AM   #603
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier1 View Post
I posted this orginally on the tour discussion, but I hoping I may be able to get an answer here, or if anyubody out there ever had this exzperience too.
Seeing that ticket consolidators are under discussion here:

For the May 2nd in San Diegoshow up for the show at 4pm. I had a tocket for this show. Show starts at 730pm (I wasnt going to deal with the bitch, of being on on any road connecting LA and San Diego during rush hour), so I was early as hell. Anyway, I walk up to the box office, just to take a chance on getting a ticket for the following eveining , the May 3rd San Diego show. I figure what the hell, I tried day of sale for these tickets, and have tried all the way up to now on ticketmaster. It tried to see if ticketmaster auctions had any, and the ticket hook up with this site. No Dice.

So I ask at the box office. The woman there tells me, The May 3rd show still has very good seats, and points to the stage, floor area. Holy Shit!! I end up getting a seat, at $54.00, for 4th row back from the stage, on the fucking floor!! This was not a GA show. There were seats on the floor. But nonetheless., proximity to stage for this seat was about 10 feet.

I noticed other people buying seats day of show yesterday. Some on the floor of the arena. When I got into the show last night and found my seat, a girl sitting
next to me started a concversation. Turns out this girl worked for the San Diego State University ticket office, and said at least 5 seats were held per row, in various rows around the arena. So at least 80-100 great floor seats ( possibly more)? tickets were relaeased close to the day of performance.They went on sale at the last moment for the sake of them either beiong student seats, or seats bought by consolidators which went unsold. In further conversation, I talked to 3 people in the first row floor that bought their ticket on May 2nd for a May 3rd show from this same box office.

Lesson from this story: First scenario: This might only work at College arenas. Student seats may be held till the last minute. Second Scenario: It is possible ticketmaster is once again fucking us royally by giving away to many blocks of tickets to bulk consolidation companies. Hence, taking experiences away from true fans. Those of us who give up hope when we are on Ticketmaster's ass at 8:59 am ,when tickets go on sale at 9:00am....and still cant buy a ticket....I hope this experience gives you some hope. Thinking there is no way to get in after getting that "please try again" with ticketmaster" when you are online....dont give up

Have any of you had this same experience? Granted we had a second show added in our city of San Diego but has anyone else out there gotten floor seats day of at standard ticket price like this?
I had a similar experience last year for the small venue tour. The tickets sold out in 2 minutes online (3000 venue). I went to the show without a ticket hoping to find a reasonable price from a scalper. After waiting in line with no ticket for 2 hours an employee from the venue comes out and says there are 30 tickets left at the box office. Ended up getting a ticket for face value with no ticketmaster b.s. charges. My friend was pissed since he had just purchased a ticket from a broker for $225. It was a GA show, but getting there early helped us with getting first row, middle of the balcony.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #604
Level 4 - Thinker

I apprerciated those tickets being available at the last minute in San Diego. But I figure this miracle of sorts, will never happen again. Being optimistic about an idea or experience in life, and actually having an opportunity to do it, practice it, and make it successful is one thing. Purle luck, or a miracle haoppening is another.
Ticketmaster can be a savior for some, turning water into wine as they get to experience a once in a lifetime opportunity. Many people have attended and remmebered concerts through them. So I consider myself fortunate for this. That show in San Diego the other night in row 4, was something I hoped for for 10 years. But I also consider how a chance of a lifetime could be taken away from someone, who appreciates the band, and is inspired by their music, but can never see them. This due to their bad business practices.

I think this Ticketmaster conglomerate is great for people with purchasing privelage, (and sometimes luck). I think now it is a wiser idea for me to join a Pre Sale site for Tool tickets, just like all the other bands out there have now. Ie: Police, Roger Waters,NIN, etc. Why we need to pre-sell a sale is sometimes confusing for me to understand as a dedicated fan to music. But nontheless, it is the way of business.

I remember Eddie Vedder overstepping Ticketmaster once for a Pearl Jam tour in the 1990's. I think it was a great decision, and a true reflection of what the band was about. I believe there were many critics out there at the time who said this woudl not work. It did, however, and it was a successful tour. Whether more bands will do that......and it would be for reasons of the fans....I dont know if we will ever see again.

I dont think Tool is in the business to support us on entirely everything we want.
Most fans know this...but I hope at least this situation can improve in some way. Thanks to this site for providing the ticket hook up, and tour info. Kabir and all the people who make up this deserves a lot of credit by us fans. My perosnal thanks.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #605

Just as an experiment, i attempted to purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com for the Tucson concert yesterday (the day of the concert). I was able to reserve two tickets on the floor in front.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #606
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice5199 View Post
Just as an experiment, i attempted to purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com for the Tucson concert yesterday (the day of the concert). I was able to reserve two tickets on the floor in front.
Yeah, Ticketmaster does this all the time...Sometimes if I'm up for it and if there's no good seat available the day tix go on sale, I'll just wait around for a day or two before the show and score amazing seats...It sucks they don't release them when the on-sale date comes, cause a lot of people get screwed over
Old 05-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #607
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Tool Army tickets

I ordered my tickets through the presale last March, the concert is on Friday, and I still haven't received my tickets. Has anyone else ordered their tickets this way? When did your tickets arrive?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #608
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukoh View Post
Undertowing, obviously we have a different opinion.
I know it for a fact from a friend that brokers have a whole lot of pulls inside the little monopoly called ticketmaster, and get tickets that a regular person would not be able to get. I know 11 people who were at 8:59 am banging ticket master site to get tickets. And 9:00 am came around and there were NO tickets.
For a 15k arena to sell out considering the purchase was limited to people in that area only is a bit puzzling. Not a single ticket was left.
Totally understand your point, but to me that's a Ticketmaster problem, not a broker problem. If brokers have pull Ticketmaster is the one allowing them it. There are going to be people reselling tickets no matter what. It's simply supply and demand.

Also, check out a broker's site (try Ticket Solutions - a company I have used many times). They have only a few tickets in prime locations. I highly doubt they hold anywhere near the majority. Also keep in mind that many of these brokers share tics with other brokers. So if one site has tics for section 102 on their website, it's likely the other broker also has the same tics. It may seem like they each have different tics, but they are many times the same. They really do not hold many great seats. They will get them for you though if need be.

I have no problem with a broker selling me a $400 Tool ticket near the front, as long as that company can also get me front row for the Ice Capades, Super Bowl, Boston Pops, Slayer, Kentucky Derby, and Britney Spears.

It's the scum that buy a tic to a specific show for the sole purpose of reselling it that bother me. I would imagine with the advent of Ebay those people account for more tickets than brokers.

Also, brokers may be expensive, but I'd much rather buy an identical seat for $200 off of a broker, than $100 off of some guy on Ebay, or for $50 off of a guy on a site like this (not saying people have ripped each other off here but I noticed people sell tics for face value on this site). At least I know the broker will be around next year, and can be held accountable. They have something to lose, and I never heard of a broker ripping someone off.

Brokers are going to have tickets to everything......that's their business. I like the fact that I can get a tic to anything I want via their service.

Last edited by Undertowing; 05-10-2007 at 06:29 PM..
Old 05-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #609
Level 3 - Talker

A good example. Right now you can buy seats for the Southaven, MS show on Ticketmaster. Sec 105 row J. Up front close to the stage. Good seats. Get on it Misissippians!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #610
Banned.

Location: 41 degrees 23'57"42" N by 75 degrees 42'38.51" W elevation 822
Bincount™: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majyk Oyster View Post
well, I saw them yesterday night, and I didn't see anyone smoking (or taking pics), the air was as clean as possible, but maynard didn't remove his mask, not even once, not even at the very end. and he wasn't facing the audience 90% of the time, and was looking at the ground when he was playing keyboard. they didn't even play Ænema, which is the final song of every show for this tour... what's wrong with him? seems like he doesn't want to perform. it tarnished the show a lot :(
i think the bands finished personally, they dont have the livelihood they use to and dont blame it on their age, the rolling stones are ancient and in alot worse physical shape same with aerosmith but they both put on amazeing shows. i think post lateralus maynard and maby the band as a whole just became too damn cynical to give a rats ass. i dont feel bad pirateing their music one bit tho then again i already bought every album 4 times over
Old 05-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #611
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by talibad View Post
i think the bands finished personally, they dont have the livelihood they use to and dont blame it on their age, the rolling stones are ancient and in alot worse physical shape same with aerosmith but they both put on amazeing shows. i think post lateralus maynard and maby the band as a whole just became too damn cynical to give a rats ass. i dont feel bad pirateing their music one bit tho then again i already bought every album 4 times over
.....Could be that the band plays their best good performances for the larger cities and venues. New York, LA, Boston, Miami. Chicago, (or any cities that are within driving distance of those towns).

But.... I think Tool kicks ass for most people, most of the time, at most shows.

...Even its Council Bluffs, Bossier City, Reno or Southhaven, more than someone will leave the show impressed. and the band an adrenaline

But I think these larger cities they play fuel a great vibe. It gives Maynard something to talk about to us, Danny to destroy the drums and fill the arena, and Justin and Adam to reverb the hell out of us.

Case in point... We got the premier of Wings/10,000 Days in LA @ Staples last September, about 10 shows into that tour. San Diego gave us Push It a few weeks ago...

I think Maynard is usaully is at his "Maynardism best" in the places. I think its about the decadence of large cities that fuels the bands fire. Aenima has a certain vibe in a LA, San Francisco, or San Diego crowd, that a Tool fan should experience once in their life.

But along with this, I think the band has a aderenaline rush to want to play their best in these large cities. They are at huge 18,000 seat arenas that are sold out to hear them...and maybe even some major press, friends of the band, or other bands in a music capital coming to check them out.

Take a look at the setlist on the larger cities Tool will visit on this tour, and I could probably bet Push It will make it second appearance, or a rare song we didnt expect to hear. That is.....until Red Rocks (hopefully) gets put on this on this tour for an August swingback to the west coast (again, hopefully). That one may be one of the best ever in my opinion.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #612
Level 3 - Talker

Disregard.

Last edited by Karmacoma; 05-17-2007 at 01:48 PM..
Old 05-18-2007, 06:19 AM   #613

Just got SCREWED big time by ticketmaster.

I tried buying tickets for the PNC Bank show online. Started hitting the refresh button just before 10 am. Seconds before it hits 10, a window pops up saying that I reached my refresh count limit, try again in a few minutes.

When I finally was able to get back to the ticket page, it was a few minutes after 10 and then I had to wait about 8 more minutes for the tickets to come up because I was sent to the back of the line. The tickets I got are in section 402 (the back).

The moral of this story is don't hit refresh too many times if you are buying from ticketmaster online. I estimate that I did it about 20 times. I took a day off from work to do this too.

Now I have another reason to hate ticketmaster.

UPDATE:
I did an online search on this topic. Apparently, ticketmaster does not want you to hit refresh more than once every 3 seconds. The best way to time it up is to set your computer clock to atomic time and open the page when the clock hits 10.

Last edited by dice5199; 05-18-2007 at 10:59 PM..
Old 05-18-2007, 06:27 AM   #614

To update you, I just tried getting more tickets for PNC Bank show out of curiosity. This time ticketmaster reserved better tickets in section 403 (dead center). Unfortunately, I already had bought the tickets in section 402 (off to the side), so I cancelled.

I used the same EXACT parameters for both searches and ticketmaster reserved better tickets the SECOND time. What the fuck is wrong with the system? When I asked for best available, I trusted that they would give me best available and they didn't.

Yet another reason to hate ticketmaster.

UPDATE:
At 11:10 am I tried again with the same parameters and reserved better seats in section 304. Absolutely fucking hilarious.

UPDATE 2:
Better tickets become available because people decided not to purchase the tickets they reserved. I wish I had realized this at the time. I guess it pays to hit search again if you think the show will not sell out right away.

Last edited by dice5199; 05-18-2007 at 11:02 PM..
Old 05-18-2007, 06:47 AM   #615

I got billed $358 for 4 tickets in Section 402 at PNC Bank. That's $89.50 a ticket for nosebleed seats!

This includes a $12.40 per ticket surcharge, a $6 per ticket building facility charge, a $4.90 processing fee, and a $2.50 fee for using TicketFast.

Nice getting raped..I mean doing business with you Ticketmaster!!!

UPDATE:
I did get 4 free Itunes songs ($3.96 value) as a reward for my purchase. I'm sorry, Ticketmaster isn't so bad after all (sarcasm).

Last edited by dice5199; 05-18-2007 at 11:00 PM..
Old 05-20-2007, 02:09 AM   #616
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice5199 View Post
I got billed $358 for 4 tickets in Section 402 at PNC Bank. That's $89.50 a ticket for nosebleed seats!

This includes a $12.40 per ticket surcharge, a $6 per ticket building facility charge, a $4.90 processing fee, and a $2.50 fee for using TicketFast.

Nice getting raped..I mean doing business with you Ticketmaster!!!

UPDATE:
I did get 4 free Itunes songs ($3.96 value) as a reward for my purchase. I'm sorry, Ticketmaster isn't so bad after all (sarcasm).
.................. I left a post here a few weeks ago, about getting some floor seats day of show in San Diego at the arena box office. I got there early, right when the ticket window opened. A few other people had this same expereince in different cities. If there is any hope out there that any of you can get something better for this Jersey show, in a similiar experience, I hope it happens for you. I want to throw this out again to anyone, and hope that it might be worth a shot as some tickets in good seats may be held.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:02 AM   #617
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Four tickets to see your favorite band....$210
Ticket surcharge to see your favorite band...$49.60
Facility charge to see your favorite band...$19.60

Finally getting to see your favorite band in concert (although most of the show is ambient noodling, two great songs got dropped from the set and the lead singer chooses not to sing some lyrics).....priceless.

Who doing the most ripping off? Tool or Ticketbastard??
Old 05-23-2007, 02:09 AM   #618
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

we can only hope we'r enot dumb enough to fall for tricks... i already defeated any chance i gfot my tnick9et it my h anfds as i type thusss
Old 05-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #619
Level 4 - Thinker

The bastard that won the front row tickets via the ticketmaster auction for one of my local shows is a broker and selling them for $2000 on eBay!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:36 AM   #620
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier1 View Post
.....Could be that the band plays their best good performances for the larger cities and venues. New York, LA, Boston, Miami. Chicago, (or any cities that are within driving distance of those towns).

But.... I think Tool kicks ass for most people, most of the time, at most shows.

...Even its Council Bluffs, Bossier City, Reno or Southhaven, more than someone will leave the show impressed. and the band an adrenaline

But I think these larger cities they play fuel a great vibe. It gives Maynard something to talk about to us, Danny to destroy the drums and fill the arena, and Justin and Adam to reverb the hell out of us.

Case in point... We got the premier of Wings/10,000 Days in LA @ Staples last September, about 10 shows into that tour. San Diego gave us Push It a few weeks ago...

I think Maynard is usaully is at his "Maynardism best" in the places. I think its about the decadence of large cities that fuels the bands fire. Aenima has a certain vibe in a LA, San Francisco, or San Diego crowd, that a Tool fan should experience once in their life.

But along with this, I think the band has a aderenaline rush to want to play their best in these large cities. They are at huge 18,000 seat arenas that are sold out to hear them...and maybe even some major press, friends of the band, or other bands in a music capital coming to check them out.

Take a look at the setlist on the larger cities Tool will visit on this tour, and I could probably bet Push It will make it second appearance, or a rare song we didnt expect to hear. That is.....until Red Rocks (hopefully) gets put on this on this tour for an August swingback to the west coast (again, hopefully). That one may be one of the best ever in my opinion.

i'd just rather they played 13-14 songs each night like they did on the lateralus tour rather than the 11-12 they play now. Arent setlists supposed to get longer when you have more material???
Old 06-05-2007, 02:27 PM   #621
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael127 View Post
i'd just rather they played 13-14 songs each night like they did on the lateralus tour rather than the 11-12 they play now. Arent setlists supposed to get longer when you have more material???
Play 14 songs a night, almost every night for over a year... Remember Tool are still humans.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:07 AM   #622
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideTheOutside20 View Post
Play 14 songs a night, almost every night for over a year... Remember Tool are still humans.
Well i guess there less human now than they were on the Lateralus tour then, coz you got 13/14 songs then
Old 06-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #623
Level 2 - Poster

TA Pre-sale tics

Just curious how the seats have turned out for other TA members that have recieced pre-sale tics at recent shows? Good seats?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #624
Level 1 - Lurker

how completely lame is it that on this particular tour, tool only played TWO shows in california, and they were both in san diego? and while were on the subject, why is it, when tool actually DOES play shows in northern california, do they absolutely REFUSE to play in san francisco?? do they hate the bay area or what? it seems completely nuts that a band would only play in one city in the state with more tool fan than anywhere else in the world. whats the deal?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:25 AM   #625
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

If I were Tool I wouldn't play there either. I've been there twice and I was horrified. THE most farked up people on the planet. Bums, trash, shit all over the place. Awful.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #626
Level 4 - Thinker

Can anyone tell me if there is a 7-18-07 PNC thread? I can not seem to find it on the live discussion boards. Thank you

9/28/06 Camden
10/06/06 East Rutherford
7/18/07 Holmdel
2/01/12 East Rutherford
Old 06-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #627
Level 7 - Loquacious

Not sure where to put this... Where can I get another Tour tshirt. My wife threw hers in the wash before wearing it and it fell apart in the dryer!!! $38 for a shirt that falls apart before wearing it!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #628
Level 7 - Loquacious

A concert would be the best place...

Depends on which shirt you get... you can get some of them at Hot Topic... without any dates.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #629
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
A concert would be the best place...

Depends on which shirt you get... you can get some of them at Hot Topic... without any dates.
Guess I'll ahve to wait a few weeks and try to get one off of ebay. She got the grey one with the lateralus eyes on the side.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #630
Level 7 - Loquacious

Is it a long sleeve shirt? If so.... Hot Topic.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #631
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Is it a long sleeve shirt? If so.... Hot Topic.
no. it's the gray tour shirt with the lateralus eyes spiral over the rib/side section of the shirt
Old 06-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #632
Level 7 - Loquacious

I don't think this has it but you can find some cheap shirts here.

http://www.goodrock.com/store/search...tool&pagenum=1
Old 07-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #633
Level 2 - Poster

for the people bitching and whining about ticket sales....guess what? golden circle seating is alive and well and it has been for years. dont ever expect to get front row seats to a show thats in demand for any less than 4X the face value. in most places, it isnt technically scalping unless its done as a form of solicitation directly in front of a venue, thus making these websites completely legal. yeah, it sucks, but there really isnt shit anyone can do about it. bands like pearl jam and smashing pumpkins have tried in the past to find ways around it and have all went back to ticketmaster. mainly because going around TM is a huge production, a hassle, and expensive as fuck. its just not realistic. and maynard isnt interested in wasting his time trying to accomplish the nearly impossible when, like he said, there are 10,000 other tickets for sale, a little effort from a true fan equals good seats time and time again.

for the people bitching and whining about setlists. think about how elaborate tool's stage show is. all the lights, lasers and effects. every time one song gets changed in the setlist, so does the programming of all the effects. do you really think that shit is easy? i think the fact that they change it up once in a while is amazing enough as it is. sure, i'd like to see a little less filler and throw in a couples songs like eulogy, opiate, the grudge, prison sex or third eye. but they arent, so fucking deal with it or dont see one of the most amazing live musical performances you can see in your lifetime.....i dont really care either way, at least not enough to cry like a bitch over 2 more songs
Old 07-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #634
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismEleven View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a 7-18-07 PNC thread? I can not seem to find it on the live discussion boards. Thank you

There is..it took me a while to find it.. but its there try again, its on first page
Old 07-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #635
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCjarric View Post
I had a similar experience last year for the small venue tour. The tickets sold out in 2 minutes online (3000 venue). I went to the show without a ticket hoping to find a reasonable price from a scalper. After waiting in line with no ticket for 2 hours an employee from the venue comes out and says there are 30 tickets left at the box office. Ended up getting a ticket for face value with no ticketmaster b.s. charges. My friend was pissed since he had just purchased a ticket from a broker for $225. It was a GA show, but getting there early helped us with getting first row, middle of the balcony.
For the small venue tour I tried getting my tickets online and by phone. I was on the website right when the tickets were on sale and I was unable to get one. Shortly after I was on the phone and they said they were sold out. However, after I shouted at the guy for a couple of minutes, he told me there was actually a ticket availiable. It was also a seat right in the middle of the first row of the balcony...
Old 07-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #636
Level 3 - Talker

hey yall......once you play the game.....it starts to make a lot more sense.......if you buy your tickets off ticket master the day they go on sale.....scratch that, the second they go on sale.....you are a fool. if you want great seats, you just have to work a little tiny bit to get them......i buy a set of back up tickets before the show from ticketmaster to sell as the show gets closer....or incase my schemes dont work out...luckily never had to fall back on them....i'll go to a broker and look for good seats for good prices....they are out there early on.....or just go the the damn box office the day of.....they usually release a bunch in the first 20 rows that day......its not hard.....but the first batch of ticketmaster tickets usually blow chode....they are released in waves.....just gotta catch the fahkin waaaaave man......i dont know....but its easy to get good tickets and not pay out the assgina for them.....just dont be a sucker and be fuckin determined goddamnit!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:15 AM   #637
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

You are all fools. Brokers and scalpers aren't what make the tickets so expensive. As a matter of fact, without a good number of scalpers and brokers, it would be much MUCH harder to even come across tickets to TOOL at a reasonable price. Think about it, the more scalpers there are, the more SUPPLIERS. The price doesn't raise because there are more suppliers, the price raises because of the DEMAND. Thanks to scalpers, they have to compete with one another to sell them for the cheapest, as opposed to there being only one ticket supplier with a monopoly over the entire ticket sales industry, almost i.e. Ticket Master. Does no one see this? If there were no scalpers or brokers, all the tickets would immediately sell out anyway to all the loving fans, and then the other fans would be left out with no way of getting tickets except through someone they know, therefore decreasing the supply and the chances of going to the greatest show on Earth. Don't get me wrong, there are scumbag scalpers out there, with their counterfeit tickets and WAY overpriced seats, and yes even sometimes buying all the tickets in bulk and taking away from the general public's chances of getting good seats at face value. Tool could solve this by simply having only General Admission shows, which i think is more fair anyway. That way, all the tickets are the same price on the floor, and it's a first come first serve basis. There's no reason to compete or even sell GA tickets really, you're not going to make that much if any money re selling GA tickets. There have to be specific rows and seats for there to be a real market for scalping tickets, so thank TOOL for making it harder on the fans, maybe unknowingly and accidentally, but harder nonetheless. I personally prefer GA anyway, no I don't mosh to TOOL, well maybe the first note to Stinkfist I might get a little excited, but I like to soak tool in like a sponge of euphoria. Just remember this, not all scalpers are bad people, they're just people who don't appreciate the quality of what's going on here, they just see tickets as an oppurtunity to make a quick buck, and it's not even illegal to do that where I am, but it is in other states. The bad scalpers make them all look like scumbags, which some of them are, but if they weren't doin it, then other everyday people would do it, just a lot worse- at least there are "professional scalpers" out there who do the right thing and try to get people tickets that really deserve/want them. Without them, someone who missed out on the initial ticket sale would be totally fucked unless they knew somebody who had some, and that would STILL be considered scalping. Scalping is just the reselling of a ticket.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #638
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

It saddens me that these people in charge of selling tickets are so corrupt that it makes it so hard to enjoy a concert anymore. We have a new venue opening up here in Kansas City, The Sprint Center...and I'm sure if Tool comes back around, they'll probably play there. Unfortunatley, there is a lot of disscussion about them selling the tickets out to ticket brokers who rape us in the ass with high prices. I'll still go see Tool no matter what....I paid 60$ when they were here last year, and I was on the floor so it wasn't such a bad deal. But if I have to pay over 100 for something other than floor seats I'm gonna be pretty pissed.....
Old 10-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #639
Level 4 - Thinker

I saw Tool twice over the summer, in Albany and Reading. First time was amazing, dead-center seat in lower-seating, had a fantastic view, fantastic sound... it couldn't have been better (front row pit, I guess). The second show, though, left much to be desired. Similar seat, but other people are morons. I'm sure many would agree with me that the average Tool-concert goer is a complete ass. I mean the people hollering excessively, talking in the middle of songs, drawing negative attention from security because they don't know how to hide their cigs... I had a similar experience last week with Porcupine Tree. Why can't people just be respectful to other concert attendees and the band itself?

I know, it's been months. I swear I'm done being bitter.... now.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #640
Level 4 - Thinker

The problem with online brokers, I have, is that they use this program, like a virus, to suck up all the newly sold tickets to all and any concert and/or event the second they go on sale. Not allowing the fans to buy the good seats at the time they are put on sale. Same as the Hannan Monanta shit that spread the headline news.
I got tickets for TOOL in Tulsa, Floor Seat, SEC A, Row S, for face value, and some online broker is selling the same tickets for 250 each, that's fucking stupid. TOOL get only a percentage of what the face value sold. They get nothing from online broker sales. That all profit to them.
I was online the second they went on sale and still had to wait in an online waiting room. That was when the broker was sucking up tickets. When i got on, the best available was row 17.

I say give the fans a chance to buy good seats at face value. I don't want to pay 350 for front row seat to any show if i could have gotten them cheaper if it were fair.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: