opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 09-19-2006, 08:12 AM   #521
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860
I must vent.... (Concerning Sept. 18th show)

They played Lost Keys/Rossetta Stoned followed by Wings Pt.1 and 2 last night...... fffffUC(incoherant swearing, spitting, crying, and smashing). Fucking cop giving me a fucking ticket, fucking history class on monday night... fucking lack of money.... FUCKING DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!!!

I should have gone.

Okay... im all done.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #522
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 20
Re: why has tool..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 boobies View Post
First off I live and was born In NC, and I wanna say, lol asshole, lol,....lol....ok.

I was 13 when Tool released Lateralus, I then fell in love with their music, and got to hear all the records prior to Lateralus in a rush. I'm now 18 and 10,000 Days has been released. I may be moving to Florida, even further SOuth, so if I never get to see Tool it will kill me, Im a musician, I love music, I love Tool, who knows whether or not this is their last tour? I gotta see them one way, or another.
Heh, same here. We had five years to learn every note and lyric, didn't we?
http://galleryofpeanuts.blogspot.com
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:12 AM   #523
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 20
Re: Tour complaints -- brokers, scalping, etc. (merged)

Oh yeah, fuck scalpers.
http://galleryofpeanuts.blogspot.com
Old 09-19-2006, 10:22 AM   #524
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: I must vent.... (Concerning Sept. 18th show)

yeah it was tight.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #525
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 67

this concert was amazing. you know what else is amazing...ticketmaster released 2ND ROW SEATS five hours before the show started. I'm not fucking kidding you, I went on there to buy a ticket for my sister, and they had AMAZING seats on sale so I bought one.

I was ten feet away from Justin...my original seats were literally five rows from the back of the upper deck. Amazing turn of events...

Unfortunately, I had to abandon my girlfriend and my sister to sit in the 2nd row, and my gf was quite upset that I wasn't there to enjoy the show with her.

Oh well, I had a fucking once in a lifetime opportunity to see Tool up close...I'm not passing up on that!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:27 PM   #526
the inside man

Bincount™: 20548

haha rub it in you fuckers
Old 09-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #527
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
tours

I am sooo disappointed that Tool has not come to the south. Charlotte is an up and coming city and I know that there are a lot of fans that would love to see them...with me at the top of the list. My brother had front row seats in Cleveland and invited me and I couldn't go. I was devastated. Please!!!!! come south!
Old 09-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #528
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatyturtle19 View Post
Unfortunately, I had to abandon my girlfriend and my sister to sit in the 2nd row, and my gf was quite upset that I wasn't there to enjoy the show with her.

Oh well, I had a fucking once in a lifetime opportunity to see Tool up close...I'm not passing up on that!
LOL
Old 10-02-2006, 05:05 AM   #529
Level 1 - Lurker

not enough support for the new album, especially the live versions of these songs. these are the most complex songs yet in the band's arsenal (save lateralus and say third eye...) and it pained me to see people confused by epics like 10000 days and jambi and rosetta stoned. TOOL fans, it's no longer bash your brains in with prison sex and stinkfist and the like (all great stuff though) but instead one of the top groups in the world doing whatever the fuck they want and doing it beautifully. and if you haven't read some of the recent toolband blurbs about the band's escapades in the desert - they are really funny and i know some people aren't ready for the plunge into ass'yd land but the band loves it (so it seems) and we have a lot to learn from them. the new songs i believe are way more positive and show the maturity of these guys and elevates MJK to a new level of genius. maybe im just crazy though. so long.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:30 AM   #530

Bincount™: 3

I have a complaint about this tour - they're playing at the Big Day Out here in Australia, rather than doing a proper tour of the country.

Here's hoping they pull out of it like A Perfect Circle did in 2004 (or whenever it was...). Or if they don't, then hopefully they'll return with a proper tour before the next album is released...
Old 10-04-2006, 08:38 AM   #531
Syd
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfnknblvbl View Post
I have a complaint about this tour - they're playing at the Big Day Out here in Australia, rather than doing a proper tour of the country.

Here's hoping they pull out of it like A Perfect Circle did in 2004 (or whenever it was...). Or if they don't, then hopefully they'll return with a proper tour before the next album is released...

Just wondering - what is "Big Day Out" and why does it suck?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:21 AM   #532

it's a travelling music festival where you get to pay $150+ for the privelige of seeing the one band you want to see play half a set's worth of material, and 20-odd other acts that you don't really care about play a similar length set.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:35 AM   #533

oh, and you also get the honour of paying twice the regular price for refreshments, and waiting around in blistering* heat for your band to go on... then you miss them because you were being sick in a portaloo because you bought a dodgy hot dog earlier for $9

*yes, blistering - this upcoming summer in the land down under looks set to be the hottest thing this side of hades
Old 10-05-2006, 05:55 AM   #534
Syd
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

Oh, sounds like the Lollapalooza shows from the 90s (kind of). The hot weather part will suck, I can't even imagine how bad the heat gets during a "hot" Australian summer! One of the Lollapalooza shows I saw was on one of the hottest days in Michigan ever at this Speedway where the water was selling for almost twice the price of beer. People were passed out everyone on the ground with no one helping them out at all. The fire department came and sprayed this swamp water crap out of their hoses on the crowd for like 3 minutes to help. Great. Hot and stinky people. Saw Alice and Chains and Primus though. God, what year was that?

Anyway, I first saw Tool at a Lollapalooza show in 97 and it was totally incredible. They made everyone that played before them look like dumb asses - I could never listen to Korn again after watching Tool that night! So, who knows, maybe they get a charge from gigs like that and they will be extra into it for you guys. You might even get a new set list!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:21 PM   #535
Level 4 - Thinker

Is Tool Ripping Off Their Fans

Pretty sad but I would say so. They are asking way too much for tickets to their upcoming tour. While people like myself would pay nearly anything to see them live obviously there aren't enough of us to fill a stadium anymore. Tons of tickets are still available for upcoming shows and tickets are easily had from resellers at half off face. In fact I have 2 tickets for a show that will likely go to waste. I literally can not give them away. Maybe if Tool had asked more reasonalble prices than $75 perseat after ticketmaster fees for the worst seats in the house this situation would not exist.

I still love Tool and am looking forward to the show but it's pretty obvious they don't give a shit about their fans or at the least are laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #536
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: The Gulch Jerome, Airport Mesa, Sedona. No longer Eugene, OR. Now Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn
Bincount™: 28
Re: Is Tool Ripping Off Their Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs9009 View Post
Pretty sad but I would say so. They are asking way too much for tickets to their upcoming tour. While people like myself would pay nearly anything to see them live obviously there aren't enough of us to fill a stadium anymore. Tons of tickets are still available for upcoming shows and tickets are easily had from resellers at half off face. In fact I have 2 tickets for a show that will likely go to waste. I literally can not give them away. Maybe if Tool had asked more reasonalble prices than $75 perseat after ticketmaster fees for the worst seats in the house this situation would not exist.

I still love Tool and am looking forward to the show but it's pretty obvious they don't give a shit about their fans or at the least are laughing all the way to the bank.
Are you talking about the two remaining shows in The U.S.? No Tool ticket ever goes to waste and i've never seen a ticket for any event half off the face including AA baseball. I will pay $100 to see a band that's second to none. Not because I can or because I can tell people about it. I go for the event, the atmosphere, the moment, the way I feel when those four individuals are on stage. You don't know when this will be all over. Then you'll say to your kids, oh yeah I saw Tool as they look up in amazement. Like when our elders tell us about the time they saw hendrix or led zeppelin. If you think their laughing to the bank then don't go. We pay for the things we want. Sorry to be defensive, but you don't knock art when it's done with integrity. There will never been another Kubrick film. This moment won't last forever.
Oh and pick a good venue. Or maybe that experience isn't for you.
We're all entitled to the best in our lives. A Tool show is next to divinity for me, and that's all that matters.
I'd probably pay $125 to meet Jesus.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:00 AM   #537
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airport Mesa View Post
Are you calling the guys in TOOL "prophets"? I think that's taking it a bit far.
Live TOOL: 08.03.97, 07.25.98, 08.06.98, 08.07.98, 07.01.01, 08.06.01, 08.07.01, 10.07.01, 10.13.01, 10.25.01, 10.27.01, 10.28.01, 07.26.02, 07.27.02, 07.29.02, 07.31.02, 08.01.02, 11.07.02, 11.08.02, 11.09.02, 11.15.02, 11.16.02, 04.30.06, 05.08.06, 05.19.06, 05.20.06, 08.27.06, 09.11.06, 09.14.06, 05.15.07, 05.17.07, 05.21.07, 05.22.07, 05.24.07, 05.25.07, 05.26.07...
Old 10-06-2006, 07:02 AM   #538
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airport Mesa View Post
Are you talking about the two remaining shows in The U.S.? No Tool ticket ever goes to waste and i've never seen a ticket for any event half off the face including AA baseball. I will pay $100 to see a band that's second to none. Not because I can or because I can tell people about it. I go for the event, the atmosphere, the moment, the way I feel when those four individuals are on stage. You don't know when this will be all over. Then you'll say to your kids, oh yeah I saw Tool as they look up in amazement. Like when our elders tell us about the time they saw hendrix or led zeppelin. If you think their laughing to the bank then don't go. We pay for the things we want. Sorry to be defensive, but you don't knock art when it's done with integrity. There will never been another Kubrick film. This moment won't last forever.
Oh and pick a good venue. Or maybe that experience isn't for you.
We're all entitled to the best in our lives. A Tool show is next to divinity for me, and that's all that matters.
I have 2 tickets to tonights show I would gladly sell you for half face. If you're interested email me and as soon as you pay me they are yours. [email protected]
Old 10-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #539
Level 4 - Thinker

looks like my tickets are going to go to waste.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:28 AM   #540
Level 2 - Poster

WTF No Christchurch Concert

Whats up with that, no concert for the loyal fans from Christchurch, New Zealand.
I have been to all three previous Christchurch concerts and they have all been sold out so why would TOOL choose not to return.
Its not really a problem for me coz im in London at the moment and going to see them at Wembley Arena on the 27th Nov but I still think its pretty stink for the hardcore Tool fans from my hometown.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #541
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52

can I complain about the amount of Australians complaining about Tool playing Big Day Out?
Old 10-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #542
Level 2 - Poster

Right after I'm done complaining about Tool ignoring Southeast USA.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:13 PM   #543
Level 4 - Thinker

all those people should be smacked !
Old 10-29-2006, 11:49 PM   #544
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfnknblvbl View Post
it's a travelling music festival where you get to pay $150+ for the privelige of seeing the one band you want to see play half a set's worth of material, and 20-odd other acts that you don't really care about play a similar length set.
Try $115 (Australian Dollars). There is no need to inflate the price to fuel your anger. The Big Day Out is a festival, and at the very least Australia has one. Europe have Glasgow and Roskilde etc.

I think you're cut because there is no Tool sideshow for SA. A considerable chunk of Australia doesn't even get the priviledge of having a Big Day Out to attend, such as my city.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #545
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by white horse View Post
can I complain about the amount of Australians complaining about Tool playing Big Day Out?
Yes. They're all huge whiny embittered babies.
(Those Australians complaining about the BDO that is).
Old 11-07-2006, 05:10 AM   #546
Level 1 - Lurker

http://www.bigdayout.com/theshow/sideshows.php

"However be alert not alarmed, we’re expecting to announce more shows in Sydney and Melbourne shortly – stay tuned for details. Don’t buy tickets off scalpers!"

"And a note to the TOOL faithful in all other corners of Australasia – never fear! Additional TOOL appearances in Auckland, Queensland, Adelaide and Perth are scheduled and will be announced shortly."

I know this might be based on internet rumour but it promises stop people calling me (an Australian) a whinger! Yes BDO is probably the last place I want to (or even expected to see) Tool at and there are other good bands going that were made in the second announcement.

For a change of subject, I would like to suggest a interchanging setlist like Tool played on the Lateralus tour. I have stopped looking at the setlists of played shows because it seems to be changing less and less. Heaps pf people go to multiple shows, sometimes on consecutive nights (as i am in January) and it would be good to see a little variation in the setlist!
Old 11-08-2006, 04:43 AM   #547
Level 4 - Thinker

They even made the setlist shorter. They excluded Wings for Marie which is bullshit in my opinion. Anyway I'm going to see them in December. I hope the setlist has changed until then.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:32 AM   #548
Level 7 - Loquacious

It's really disappointing spending money for the same concert, same setlist, after just a few months. Ridiculous, they should explain this choice, cause it's masochistic. People will soon get tired of this miser behaviours.
they're foolin' around their own real fans, because it's the second time in a few months, and only the real fans will attend the shows anyway.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #549
Level 4 - Thinker

It's a sad thing :(
Old 11-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #550
Level 2 - Poster

whats the crack?why is there no reviews of the start of the european tour??going to see them on the 22nd in dublin,cant wait!!hopefully the sound is good as where they are playing the sound isn,t usually the best and hope the setlist is varied and longer than the average on the tour so far!went to see them on the "pre-tour" in glasgow during the summer and was very disappointed with sound,crowd and setlist!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #551
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3poundsoflove View Post
It's really disappointing spending money for the same concert, same setlist, after just a few months. Ridiculous, they should explain this choice, cause it's masochistic. People will soon get tired of this miser behaviours.
they're foolin' around their own real fans, because it's the second time in a few months, and only the real fans will attend the shows anyway.
Word!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:07 AM   #552
Level 7 - Loquacious

if you have a myspace account, contact/post a message on Adam, Puscifer, Camella's blog and ask them to change something. We don't want to see an identical show just a few months later. It's ridiculous.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=71848725 Maynard

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=20913840 Adam

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=39910682 Camella

Last edited by 3poundsoflove; 11-09-2006 at 03:10 AM..
Old 11-09-2006, 04:29 AM   #553
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3poundsoflove View Post
if you have a myspace account, contact/post a message on Adam, Puscifer, Camella's blog and ask them to change something. We don't want to see an identical show just a few months later. It's ridiculous.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=71848725 Maynard

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=20913840 Adam

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=39910682 Camella
I hope someone message them
Old 11-10-2006, 03:50 AM   #554
Level 4 - Thinker

Fucking joke now. 10 songs last night!!!! the same 10 they played on the warm up tour.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:28 AM   #555
(tdn $upporter) - S.O.B: Save Our Bluths

Bincount™: 33

Apparently Maynard might be sick again, which is why they're not playing a full list...also him singing through a gas mask might not be good for his health...who knows. If he is sick, I wish they would communicate this to the people out there...so we aren't led to believe that the guys don't give a flyin fuck anymore.

I'm seeing them in a week from tomorrow (18/11 München) so hopefully he'll be feeling better by then...though I will try not to get my hopes up too much.

'what happens after you figure out the meaning of life?...The List #43

myspace|flickr|
Old 12-03-2006, 06:26 AM   #556
Level 3 - Talker

tool will be coming back to new zealand and australia after they tour usa again, this is because they are doing festivals when they come down here in the new year, therefore they are not able to tour extensively like they have every other time they have come down here, this is the same thing that happened in europe (well pretty much)

peace
Old 12-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #557

Bincount™: 10

he's not sick. you'll know when he's sick. the gas mask is a not-so-subtle way of him saying he doesn't like people smoking at his shows. he's been complaining about it for years and years so it's not his age or whatever. I guess people in europe tend to smoke a lot more than in america.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:26 AM   #558
Level 4 - Thinker

I hope that Tool will come to Poland next summer. Is it possible ? Have you got any informations, rumours ?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #559
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

I heard MJK went to take a leak...
Old 12-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #560
Level 1 - Lurker

nvm sorry

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: