opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » Artwork
User Name
Password
Old 04-12-2003, 02:00 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
bill hicks: now who but why

i own the Aenema album, and i too have noticed the bill hicks painting. i did some research, and found that it was a stand-up comedian and so on and so forth..
but, although only his torso is printed on the Aenema cover, i found the complete painting here.

if hes a comedian, why is he shown as a doctor on the LP? especially with that kid next to him that looks like Maynard.

EDIT sorry thats supposed to be bill hickS: noT who but why. its 2 am.

Last edited by vermin; 04-12-2003 at 02:07 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 02:54 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
well, considering no one else has..

ill comment on this, bill did an album about LA sinking, so, tool do basicaly homage to him, and put the picture in the liner notes, and in the liner notes, the whole painting is showing... well, in mine at least. i think the bill hicks album is called Arizona Bay
Old 04-13-2003, 03:04 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

yes i know that. but why in gods name is he dressed as a doctor with the maynard-kid next to him?
Old 04-15-2003, 10:22 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bill Hicks used his comedy as a means to pry open his audience’s third eye. The painting is a play on that, where Bill Hicks is literally pulling Maynard’s leg, you can see the third eye being exposed at the top of Maynard’s head. As for Bill Hicks being dressed as a doctor, well he is fixing Maynard’s crippled legs isn’t he?

If you haven’t heard Bill Hicks I would recommend his “Rant in E minor” album. If you already own all his albums, and bootlegs you could try Cynthia True’s Biography of Bill Hicks, which is called “American Scream”, it shows a very different side to the man.

It seems most of you have discovered Bill Hicks through Tool, but did anyone else discover Tool through Bill Hicks like me?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: