Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
eulogy508's Avatar eulogy508
07-03-2006, 04:05 PM

I like the "Overwhelmed as..." part, but it feels a bit forced and bland compared to some of their truly 'euphoric' moments in the past.
I'd choose the climax of Lateralus, or maybe the climax of Pushit (live or regular). A lot of good climaxes to choose from.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #161
Level 14 - Squad Blazer

Bincount™: 2148
Re: most euphoric Tool moment ever

I like the "Overwhelmed as..." part, but it feels a bit forced and bland compared to some of their truly 'euphoric' moments in the past.
I'd choose the climax of Lateralus, or maybe the climax of Pushit (live or regular). A lot of good climaxes to choose from.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
asdf25
07-04-2006, 08:43 PM

Damn you people. After reading this thread I couldn't help but spend 5 hours listening to practically everything Tool has made. And I know this has been said at least 5 times already, but the end of The Patient is the most mind-blowingly amazing section of any song ever. With the possible exception of "So let the light touch you...".

Last edited by asdf25; 07-04-2006 at 08:48 PM..
Old 07-04-2006, 08:43 PM   #162
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Damn you people. After reading this thread I couldn't help but spend 5 hours listening to practically everything Tool has made. And I know this has been said at least 5 times already, but the end of The Patient is the most mind-blowingly amazing section of any song ever. With the possible exception of "So let the light touch you...".

Last edited by asdf25; 07-04-2006 at 08:48 PM..
1350 Days's Avatar 1350 Days
07-08-2006, 11:03 AM

For me:
Undertow:
"I'm back down...in, the undertow"...(and so on)

Aenema:
The end part, after the legato section.

Rosetta Stoned:
"Overwhelmed as one may be..."

Third Eye
The end part of the Aenima version.

Lateralus:
The whole thing

Ticks and Leeches:
Everything after the slow section.

Ahhh...Loveboat Captain, I think you are thinking of Synesthesia. It's not that common, and..yes I have it too. Pretty fun stuff, actually..
Old 07-08-2006, 11:03 AM   #163
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 264

For me:
Undertow:
"I'm back down...in, the undertow"...(and so on)

Aenema:
The end part, after the legato section.

Rosetta Stoned:
"Overwhelmed as one may be..."

Third Eye
The end part of the Aenima version.

Lateralus:
The whole thing

Ticks and Leeches:
Everything after the slow section.

Ahhh...Loveboat Captain, I think you are thinking of Synesthesia. It's not that common, and..yes I have it too. Pretty fun stuff, actually..
07-08-2006, 08:27 PM

".....If there were no rewards to reap, no loving embrace to see me through this tedious path I've chosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now and I still may and I still may......"

"My warning meant nothing you're dancing in quick sand..."

" You believe me don't you, please believe what I just said......"

" How can this mean anything to me, if I can not feel a thing at all? I'll keep digging till I feel something...."

These are the ones I'm connecting with at this moment.... tomorrow is another story.

"Raise your cup and lets propse a toast to the thing that hurts you the most"...FNM
Old 07-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #164

Bincount™: 4

".....If there were no rewards to reap, no loving embrace to see me through this tedious path I've chosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now and I still may and I still may......"

"My warning meant nothing you're dancing in quick sand..."

" You believe me don't you, please believe what I just said......"

" How can this mean anything to me, if I can not feel a thing at all? I'll keep digging till I feel something...."

These are the ones I'm connecting with at this moment.... tomorrow is another story.

"Raise your cup and lets propse a toast to the thing that hurts you the most"...FNM
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
07-08-2006, 08:53 PM

Good-BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE
Old 07-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #165
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

07-18-2006, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef

i defy anyone to find a better scream/yell in the history of recorded music....

because somebody will probably disagree and say 'the grudge' i think the scream in eulogy is better because of the note he hits and the sustain of that perfect note. damn.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #166
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef

i defy anyone to find a better scream/yell in the history of recorded music....

because somebody will probably disagree and say 'the grudge' i think the scream in eulogy is better because of the note he hits and the sustain of that perfect note. damn.
undertoes
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM

good thread, i agree with most points
Old 07-18-2006, 05:06 PM   #167
Banned.

Bincount™: 77

good thread, i agree with most points
10,000Wings
07-29-2006, 05:33 PM

Such a tough time deciding.... I think every Tool song means something different to me, and each one truly touches me in a unique way.

As far as most euphoric I have to go with Push It. There's something about those lyrics that just send me into another deminsion.

"I will choke until I swallow
choke this infant here before me
What are you but my reflection
who am i to judge or strike you down"
Old 07-29-2006, 05:33 PM   #168
Level 3 - Talker

Such a tough time deciding.... I think every Tool song means something different to me, and each one truly touches me in a unique way.

As far as most euphoric I have to go with Push It. There's something about those lyrics that just send me into another deminsion.

"I will choke until I swallow
choke this infant here before me
What are you but my reflection
who am i to judge or strike you down"
(self(other's Avatar (self(other
08-03-2006, 02:11 PM

I'l go with most euphoric moment from each album...

Opiate:

Opiate- the second "jesus christ why dont you..." through "let me lay my holy hand upon you"

Undertow:

gee either Prison Sex- "i have found! some kind of sanity.." or Flood- "diiiieeee ??" through "ground breaks down..."

Aenima:

Jimmy- from the first "hold your light..." to the end of the song

Lateralus:

i could definatly agree with the end of patient, and reflection's "and as i pull my head out..." but the first thing that captured me in this album and to this day strikes me different than anything else Schism- "cold silence has..." through "between supposed lovers.."

10,000 Days:

im going with the thread starter... Roseta Stone is nuts, and that part is something holy

this is like having a few dozen kids and having to decide who lives
And so what you're saying when you say 'I understand it intellectually, but I don't get it intuitively,' or 'I don't feel it in my bones,' is that you understand it in the sense of being able to repeat a form of words.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #169
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 24

I'l go with most euphoric moment from each album...

Opiate:

Opiate- the second "jesus christ why dont you..." through "let me lay my holy hand upon you"

Undertow:

gee either Prison Sex- "i have found! some kind of sanity.." or Flood- "diiiieeee ??" through "ground breaks down..."

Aenima:

Jimmy- from the first "hold your light..." to the end of the song

Lateralus:

i could definatly agree with the end of patient, and reflection's "and as i pull my head out..." but the first thing that captured me in this album and to this day strikes me different than anything else Schism- "cold silence has..." through "between supposed lovers.."

10,000 Days:

im going with the thread starter... Roseta Stone is nuts, and that part is something holy

this is like having a few dozen kids and having to decide who lives
And so what you're saying when you say 'I understand it intellectually, but I don't get it intuitively,' or 'I don't feel it in my bones,' is that you understand it in the sense of being able to repeat a form of words.
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
08-03-2006, 09:57 PM

With the possible exception of The Grudge, every song on Lateralus has spots that will make my eyes tear up. Depends on my mood but the common ones are

The entire ending sequence of The Patient

"Cold silence has....lovers/brothers"

Crossover from Parabol to Parabola

"Alive, I" and "Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing'

All of Ticks and Leeches after the slow part begins. Especially Justin's contribution.

"I embrace my... be a human" and the overall hemiola/polyrhythm thing going on there.

"So crucify the ego before it's far too late and leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical - and you will come to find that We are all one mind capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable So let the light touch you, so let the words spill through and let them pass right through bringing out our hope and reason'

And especially the very last 'before we pine away'

On 10K Days there are a couple thusfar

Wings 2 has it clinched with the way he sings 'Judith Marie' - those two words cause that whole stanza to explode. There's a *lot* of energy in the delivery.

Rosetta Stoned - "Got me seeing E-motherfucking-T" because I know how terrifying an experience like that can be. There's a desperation in his delivery. It's not just to be a clever sounding rhyme. The empathy I feel for the character at that point is enough to give me a chill.

Rosetta Stoned - The 'Overwhelmed..." part but at least as much for the guitar if not more for the guitar. From the last notes of the solo through the end of the climax Adam's guitar just builds and builds and builds... it's perfect.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 08-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #170
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

With the possible exception of The Grudge, every song on Lateralus has spots that will make my eyes tear up. Depends on my mood but the common ones are

The entire ending sequence of The Patient

"Cold silence has....lovers/brothers"

Crossover from Parabol to Parabola

"Alive, I" and "Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing'

All of Ticks and Leeches after the slow part begins. Especially Justin's contribution.

"I embrace my... be a human" and the overall hemiola/polyrhythm thing going on there.

"So crucify the ego before it's far too late and leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical - and you will come to find that We are all one mind capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable So let the light touch you, so let the words spill through and let them pass right through bringing out our hope and reason'

And especially the very last 'before we pine away'

On 10K Days there are a couple thusfar

Wings 2 has it clinched with the way he sings 'Judith Marie' - those two words cause that whole stanza to explode. There's a *lot* of energy in the delivery.

Rosetta Stoned - "Got me seeing E-motherfucking-T" because I know how terrifying an experience like that can be. There's a desperation in his delivery. It's not just to be a clever sounding rhyme. The empathy I feel for the character at that point is enough to give me a chill.

Rosetta Stoned - The 'Overwhelmed..." part but at least as much for the guitar if not more for the guitar. From the last notes of the solo through the end of the climax Adam's guitar just builds and builds and builds... it's perfect.

t3h_Enemy's Avatar t3h_Enemy
08-04-2006, 05:52 AM

The "Overwhelmed as one would be..." thru "but I forgot my pen" part in Rosetta Stoned,
the opening riffs in Flood, and probably the entire Jimmy.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:52 AM   #171
Level 1 - Lurker

The "Overwhelmed as one would be..." thru "but I forgot my pen" part in Rosetta Stoned,
the opening riffs in Flood, and probably the entire Jimmy.
Lysanderdarkstar's Avatar Lysanderdarkstar
08-04-2006, 07:34 AM

The end of the stinkfist video from where the dust and grim are gone and you see him sitting at the table with the girl/thing rubbing against him to the end. that moment has made me watch the video SOOOO many times....i know it's the video but it's still a euphoric tool moment right?

Oh yea i almost forgot...
The part in the patient at the end
"I must keep reminding my self of this"

Every time his voice swells up Stink fist
"ahh-----I can help you change tired moments into pleasure "
^^^^^
RIGHT THERE...

the end of pushit
"There's no love in fear." To the end...
The begining of pushit II
when MJK greets the crowd...(it's just ... i dunno perfect)

There are more but i'm supposed to be getting ready for work :S

Last edited by Lysanderdarkstar; 08-04-2006 at 07:40 AM..
Old 08-04-2006, 07:34 AM   #172
Level 4 - Thinker

The end of the stinkfist video from where the dust and grim are gone and you see him sitting at the table with the girl/thing rubbing against him to the end. that moment has made me watch the video SOOOO many times....i know it's the video but it's still a euphoric tool moment right?

Oh yea i almost forgot...
The part in the patient at the end
"I must keep reminding my self of this"

Every time his voice swells up Stink fist
"ahh-----I can help you change tired moments into pleasure "
^^^^^
RIGHT THERE...

the end of pushit
"There's no love in fear." To the end...
The begining of pushit II
when MJK greets the crowd...(it's just ... i dunno perfect)

There are more but i'm supposed to be getting ready for work :S

Last edited by Lysanderdarkstar; 08-04-2006 at 07:40 AM..
Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 AM   #173
Level 4 - Thinker

Oh and all of reflection
Thirdeye11
08-05-2006, 10:00 PM

The solo in ThirdEye between Adam/Danny/Justin from 11:51 to 12:17. I always tell everyone that's the most powerful 30 seconds I have yet to hear in any song.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #174

The solo in ThirdEye between Adam/Danny/Justin from 11:51 to 12:17. I always tell everyone that's the most powerful 30 seconds I have yet to hear in any song.
Skull Island's Avatar Skull Island
08-05-2006, 11:25 PM

Hi. Long time reader, first time poster. I'm sure it's already been said, but i'm of the opinion that opiate isn't generally an album of 'euphoric' moments although there are plenty of gutsy exerpts that i can think of: the 'jesus christ why don't you come save my life' and 'i should play god and just shoot you myseeeeelf'. come to think of it, all the tracks on opiate with the exception of lotus have some pretty powerful bits.

But as for the other albums a few of my personal favourites that haven't already been compiled on this impressive list would be:

flood- 'this ground is not the rock i thought it to beeee'.

46+2- 'my shadow. Shedding skin. I've been pickin, my scabs again' (with the unison duh. duh. duh. duh.)

thrid eye- after the extended silence and scratching etc when the music builds and comes in with 'sooo glad to seee you iiii've missed you sooo much'

no quarter- the vocal ad lib bit early in the song is one that always gets my motor runnin (i'd just like to point out that while maynard has copied this ad lib almost completely from plants, the power behind maynards voice blows my mind and makes it much more effective. I guess this is generally true for the whole song).

also in the pot where just bass and vocals come in at 'steal, borrow, reefer save your shady inference' then when the crunchy-as-all-hell guitar comes in at 'kangaroo done hung the juror with the innocent'..... awesome :)

looking forward to a tour down here if ever one eventually comes.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #175
Level 2 - Poster

Hi. Long time reader, first time poster. I'm sure it's already been said, but i'm of the opinion that opiate isn't generally an album of 'euphoric' moments although there are plenty of gutsy exerpts that i can think of: the 'jesus christ why don't you come save my life' and 'i should play god and just shoot you myseeeeelf'. come to think of it, all the tracks on opiate with the exception of lotus have some pretty powerful bits.

But as for the other albums a few of my personal favourites that haven't already been compiled on this impressive list would be:

flood- 'this ground is not the rock i thought it to beeee'.

46+2- 'my shadow. Shedding skin. I've been pickin, my scabs again' (with the unison duh. duh. duh. duh.)

thrid eye- after the extended silence and scratching etc when the music builds and comes in with 'sooo glad to seee you iiii've missed you sooo much'

no quarter- the vocal ad lib bit early in the song is one that always gets my motor runnin (i'd just like to point out that while maynard has copied this ad lib almost completely from plants, the power behind maynards voice blows my mind and makes it much more effective. I guess this is generally true for the whole song).

also in the pot where just bass and vocals come in at 'steal, borrow, reefer save your shady inference' then when the crunchy-as-all-hell guitar comes in at 'kangaroo done hung the juror with the innocent'..... awesome :)

looking forward to a tour down here if ever one eventually comes.
08-06-2006, 04:33 AM

the way intension leads into right in two,in fact these 2 songs together is fast becoming my favourite piece of tool music ever,blows me away every time.everything is perfect from the lyrics to maynards singing and dont get me started on the drumming.really hope they they play this in dublin in november,tickets should be here any day now
Old 08-06-2006, 04:33 AM   #176
Level 2 - Poster

the way intension leads into right in two,in fact these 2 songs together is fast becoming my favourite piece of tool music ever,blows me away every time.everything is perfect from the lyrics to maynards singing and dont get me started on the drumming.really hope they they play this in dublin in november,tickets should be here any day now
opiate-mark
08-06-2006, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflection11
The whole "Overwhelmed as one would be..." till "but I forgot my pen" part of this song might be the most euphoric part of any Tool song, in my opinion. The ending of pushit and the grudge come in close, but just something about the way Maynard sings in this song is amazing.

So what is everyone's most euphoric Tool moment ever?
u hit it right on the head bro
Old 08-06-2006, 06:21 AM   #177
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
The whole "Overwhelmed as one would be..." till "but I forgot my pen" part of this song might be the most euphoric part of any Tool song, in my opinion. The ending of pushit and the grudge come in close, but just something about the way Maynard sings in this song is amazing.

u hit it right on the head bro
without judgement's Avatar without judgement
08-06-2006, 06:34 AM

Wander in and wandering. No one even invited you in. But still you stumble in stumbling. So suffocate or get out while you can. No one told you to come. I hope it sucks you down.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:34 AM   #178
Level 4 - Thinker

Wander in and wandering. No one even invited you in. But still you stumble in stumbling. So suffocate or get out while you can. No one told you to come. I hope it sucks you down.
DeepDepth's Avatar DeepDepth
08-06-2006, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awaking
I dont really know if it's been mentioned but the ending of Aenema is really bad ass. this is my faviorite part in the song.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.; from here on the backround bass and guitar are awesome;
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.
Agreed, this part is incredible. Third Eye is also instense...they've all already been listed
Old 08-06-2006, 07:26 AM   #179
i suck @ creativity

Bincount™: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by awaking
I dont really know if it's been mentioned but the ending of Aenema is really bad ass. this is my faviorite part in the song.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.; from here on the backround bass and guitar are awesome;
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.
Agreed, this part is incredible. Third Eye is also instense...they've all already been listed
08-06-2006, 07:35 AM

Quote:

Right now, I can think of

"shoot it,
kick it,
fuck it,
shoot you in your fuckin HEAD!".

oh yea
Old 08-06-2006, 07:35 AM   #180
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:

Right now, I can think of

"shoot it,
kick it,
fuck it,
shoot you in your fuckin HEAD!".

oh yea
christjohn
08-06-2006, 07:44 AM

"BUY BU-UY BUY
MYYYYY NEW RECORD
BUY BU-UY BUY
SEND MORE MONEY

FUUUUUUUCK YOU BUDDY!"
Old 08-06-2006, 07:44 AM   #181
Level 4 - Thinker

"BUY BU-UY BUY
MYYYYY NEW RECORD
BUY BU-UY BUY
SEND MORE MONEY

FUUUUUUUCK YOU BUDDY!"
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
08-06-2006, 08:09 AM

wasnt it Reagan?
Old 08-06-2006, 08:09 AM   #182
Banned.

wasnt it Reagan?
ruby's Avatar ruby
08-06-2006, 08:33 AM

The Patient:

" I must keep reminding myself of this.

And if there were no rewards to reap,
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may."

Schism:

"Between supposed lovers/brothers"

+ The new instrumental middle-part played on '06 tour. Amazing!

Reflection:

"And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
Just let the light touch you
And let the words spill through
And let them pass right through
Bringing out our hope and reason ...
before we pine away."

The Grudge:

"Give away the stone.
Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
Give away the stone.
Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold."

Stinkfist:

"Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?

How can it mean anything to me
If I really don't feel anything at all?"

H:

"Without the skin,
Beneath the storm,
Under these tears
The walls came down.

And the snake is drowned and
As I look in his eyes,
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of those times.

I could have cried then.
I should have cried then.

And as the walls come down and
As I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I have died
and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind."

Forty-six & 2:

"See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me."

Third Eye:

"So good to see you once again
I thought that you were hiding from me.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing a trail of smoke and reason."

Prison Sex:

"I have found some kind of temporary sanity in this
shit blood and cum on my hands."

Opiate:

"My God's will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you."

Lateralus:

"I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human."

and..

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going, going..."

Disposition:

The whole thing.

10,000 days:

"You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I have come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father.
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now!
My time now!
Give me my, give me my wings!"

Rosetta Stoned:

"Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One
Born to bear and read you all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see."

Intension:

"Pure as we begin" ... cue guitar.

Right in Two:

"Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over your lie, over blood, over anything
Fight over love, over sun, over nothing
Fight till they die,
(Ahhh!) over what? for their ending"

A lot of people complain about the 10,000 days album, personally the only thing I think leaves something to be desired is the ending. Right in Two has some good parts, but there should be more after this! If they had just made one more Rosetta Stoned-esque song with a cool repetive structure, just building it up into psychedelic euphoria.. Because this band are masters at doing just this. :)
Old 08-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #183

Bincount™: 1

The Patient:

" I must keep reminding myself of this.

And if there were no rewards to reap,
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may."

Schism:

"Between supposed lovers/brothers"

+ The new instrumental middle-part played on '06 tour. Amazing!

Reflection:

"And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
Just let the light touch you
And let the words spill through
And let them pass right through
Bringing out our hope and reason ...
before we pine away."

The Grudge:

"Give away the stone.
Give away the stone.
Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold."

Stinkfist:

"Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?

If I really don't feel anything at all?"

H:

"Without the skin,
Beneath the storm,
Under these tears
The walls came down.

And the snake is drowned and
As I look in his eyes,
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of those times.

I could have cried then.
I should have cried then.

And as the walls come down and
As I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I have died
and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind."

Forty-six & 2:

"See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me."

Third Eye:

"So good to see you once again
I thought that you were hiding from me.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing a trail of smoke and reason."

Prison Sex:

"I have found some kind of temporary sanity in this
shit blood and cum on my hands."

Opiate:

"My God's will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you."

Lateralus:

"I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human."

and..

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going, going..."

Disposition:

The whole thing.

10,000 days:

"You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I have come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father.
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now!
My time now!
Give me my, give me my wings!"

Rosetta Stoned:

"Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One
Born to bear and read you all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see."

Intension:

"Pure as we begin" ... cue guitar.

Right in Two:

"Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over your lie, over blood, over anything
Fight over love, over sun, over nothing
Fight till they die,
(Ahhh!) over what? for their ending"

A lot of people complain about the 10,000 days album, personally the only thing I think leaves something to be desired is the ending. Right in Two has some good parts, but there should be more after this! If they had just made one more Rosetta Stoned-esque song with a cool repetive structure, just building it up into psychedelic euphoria.. Because this band are masters at doing just this. :)
08-06-2006, 09:35 AM

^ wow
Old 08-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #184
Banned.

^ wow
08-06-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota
^ wow
Yeah... I'm like... yeah...

Old 08-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #185
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
^ wow
Yeah... I'm like... yeah...

08-06-2006, 10:00 AM

Yeah, no, that was a great summary of the best parts of each song...

I found myself smiling while reading it...

cheers ruby
Old 08-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #186
Banned.

Yeah, no, that was a great summary of the best parts of each song...

I found myself smiling while reading it...

cheers ruby
08-06-2006, 10:01 AM

^^ Honestly, I got the chills/tingles/lost breath when I read each part of the post and conjured up the song in my head.

They're good examples, to be sure.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #187
Level 8 - Vociferous

^^ Honestly, I got the chills/tingles/lost breath when I read each part of the post and conjured up the song in my head.

They're good examples, to be sure.

Big Rig
08-06-2006, 01:05 PM

Alive I
Old 08-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #188
Level 1 - Lurker

Alive I
08-06-2006, 01:11 PM

^ I always thought (and still do) that it's just "Alive"

actually just ignore me, please.

Last edited by DON IOTAE; 08-06-2006 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: innecessary post
Old 08-06-2006, 01:11 PM   #189
Banned.

^ I always thought (and still do) that it's just "Alive"

actually just ignore me, please.

Last edited by DON IOTAE; 08-06-2006 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: innecessary post
Tintenfisch
08-06-2006, 05:13 PM

The section of discussion in Rosetta Stoned...Christ, man. It's orgasmic, for lack of a better word. The first time I heard it I nearly fell out of my chair. And it has armrests and all that.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #190
Level 3 - Talker

The section of discussion in Rosetta Stoned...Christ, man. It's orgasmic, for lack of a better word. The first time I heard it I nearly fell out of my chair. And it has armrests and all that.
08-07-2006, 04:35 AM

Setting sun can't shine, now you're gone
Inside sleeping, my heart beating
You know that you tried to hide it
Couldn't you have said what you meant? Oh...

Time heals, time congeals around us
Endless hours of wasted moments
Understanding, not demanding
Your eyes tell what you feel inside

Shouldn't you have said what you meant?

YOU LIIIIEEEED!!!!!!!

FTW
Old 08-07-2006, 04:35 AM   #191
i suck @ creativity

Bincount™: 43

Couldn't you have said what you meant? Oh...

Time heals, time congeals around us
Endless hours of wasted moments
Understanding, not demanding
Your eyes tell what you feel inside

Shouldn't you have said what you meant?

YOU LIIIIEEEED!!!!!!!

FTW
08-07-2006, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintenfisch
Please reread the first post.

Thank you.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:15 AM   #192
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintenfisch

Thank you.
finnegans wake's Avatar finnegans wake
08-07-2006, 05:10 PM

there's a couple:

If I really don't feel anything at all? - Stinkfist (brings back beautiful memories of sitting around in my friends room, with some beers and a bong and listening to this album.)

on pushit after maynard sings "never want to see that place again" and adam comes in with some light harmonics (?) - incredibly beautiful

Give away the stone.
Give away the stone.
Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.
Let go. - the grudge (powerfully euphoric)

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun
Shine down upon the broken
Shine on 'til the two become one

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun
Shine down upon the severed
Shine on 'til the two become one - jambi (damn your incredible voice maynard!)

Last edited by finnegans wake; 08-07-2006 at 05:20 PM..
Old 08-07-2006, 05:10 PM   #193
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

there's a couple:

If I really don't feel anything at all? - Stinkfist (brings back beautiful memories of sitting around in my friends room, with some beers and a bong and listening to this album.)

on pushit after maynard sings "never want to see that place again" and adam comes in with some light harmonics (?) - incredibly beautiful

Give away the stone.
Give away the stone.
Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.
Let go. - the grudge (powerfully euphoric)

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun
Shine down upon the broken
Shine on 'til the two become one

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun
Shine down upon the severed
Shine on 'til the two become one - jambi (damn your incredible voice maynard!)

Last edited by finnegans wake; 08-07-2006 at 05:20 PM..
Tintenfisch
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:

Thank you.
*Rereads*

Yes. Most euphoric moment. That part of Rosetta Stoned was it. Anything else?
Old 08-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #194
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

Thank you.
*Rereads*

Yes. Most euphoric moment. That part of Rosetta Stoned was it. Anything else?
08-08-2006, 06:09 AM

^ nah, nah, you misunderstand me, d00d.

the question is: would it be "on topic" on this thread to speak of your most euphoric Tool moment ever, even if it is not on Rosetta Stoned? I think the answer to the question is yes. Why? Please reread the first post.

Personally, I wouldn't like to dismiss ruby's last post here as "out of topic".
Old 08-08-2006, 06:09 AM   #195
Banned.

^ nah, nah, you misunderstand me, d00d.

the question is: would it be "on topic" on this thread to speak of your most euphoric Tool moment ever, even if it is not on Rosetta Stoned? I think the answer to the question is yes. Why? Please reread the first post.

Personally, I wouldn't like to dismiss ruby's last post here as "out of topic".
reflection11's Avatar reflection11
08-08-2006, 11:17 AM

Wow, never thought my thread would take off like it has. Thank you all for your posts, as I have read them all and can't count how many times I've gotten goosebumps. I would just like to add another one of these moments that I recently have grown to love:

"What are they gonna do when the river has overrun, other than tremble incessantly"

The combined instrumental effort accompanying Maynard's "tremble incessantly" vocal part is magical. Never before have I heard instruments and vocals be in such a musical equilibrium. IMO, while very short compared to others, this moment portrays the vulnerability of the lyric and song in the best way imaginable.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #196
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Wow, never thought my thread would take off like it has. Thank you all for your posts, as I have read them all and can't count how many times I've gotten goosebumps. I would just like to add another one of these moments that I recently have grown to love:

"What are they gonna do when the river has overrun, other than tremble incessantly"

The combined instrumental effort accompanying Maynard's "tremble incessantly" vocal part is magical. Never before have I heard instruments and vocals be in such a musical equilibrium. IMO, while very short compared to others, this moment portrays the vulnerability of the lyric and song in the best way imaginable.
08-09-2006, 08:28 AM

^ see Tintenfisch? Even the original poster is quoting other songs! I expect a reply from you...

*crosses legs and taps foot on floor*
Old 08-09-2006, 08:28 AM   #197
Banned.

^ see Tintenfisch? Even the original poster is quoting other songs! I expect a reply from you...

*crosses legs and taps foot on floor*
08-09-2006, 09:31 AM

^ o_O
Old 08-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #198
Banned.

^ o_O
08-09-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum
I do believe we have quoted evry lyric Tool has ever written! LMFAO!!!
That's because everything they write is goddamn euphoria-inducing!

Old 08-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #199
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum
I do believe we have quoted evry lyric Tool has ever written! LMFAO!!!
That's because everything they write is goddamn euphoria-inducing!

08-09-2006, 09:18 PM

^ yeah!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #200
Banned.

^ yeah!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread