opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Schism
User Name
Password
Old 01-16-2003, 08:26 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
try to look from another point of view.

Have you ever wondered that maybe the tool videos are more simple than you think. Some people try to find a meaning to every element in the videos involving religion and many other things.
What if the videos are just some sort of stories.

This is my Schism video interpretation, please read it all.

The beggining of the video, the circle thingy i think that might be the time. The beginning and end of time.
Then a character appears, it might be a woman but i thing it represent some kind of human of another species, not the woman itself, then she sees something new coming to that world, its the mann that it might be another kind of human.
The woman starts controling him and using him for some purposes, as you can see she is drawing with him in the floor and pushing him.
Then she is watching the man (its like his pet) but suddenly she turns her head and the man escapes realizing whats is she doing to him.
She starts searching for him but he is hiding, then she finds him and want to use him a little more, he does not want to be used and turns his head, so she tryies to get his attention but she doesnt get it so she pulls off his ear, because he is Not listening to her.

Inside the ear there are some kind of veins that seems to be alive. when the little man (the vein) inside him gets his arm out of him you can see the back of his neck and there is a vein. (the vein might be the little man's arm).

Then she begins to feel something like hate for him so she pulls of his vein hurting him because of their silence ("cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion between supposed lovers")

Then the vein turns to blood and the blood turns to the same little man. You can see the big man rising as if he is gaining power and then you can saw the two humnas but the woman is screaming, she is very scared of what might happen.

Then his vengance comes, the little man that came out of the blood beggins attacking her so she tries to set herself free but she cant do it.

She lays down and her hair, that is like veins too begins to grow but when you can see her face you can see that its the mans face. This might mean that if you hurt somebody you might get hurted too in some other way.

So, at the end both of them realizes what is happening between them, so the decide to get together and live in peace, so because they hated each other, they cant live how they wanted so everything fails and both of them dies.

What do you think???
Old 01-18-2003, 02:21 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

interesting...

interesting... man good work, that must of taken some time. I think you are right, but because of the bands biblical/epic theme's and maynards cathlic quotes (in mer de noms - aperfectcircle) there may be more religous overtones... such as the man and woman may of been adam and eve or some other spirtual story. Post more often, what do you think of the other video's?
Old 02-10-2003, 09:27 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Solid, solid idea. I think I may re-watch the vidz tonight and see if I can look at them from a more "simple" perspective.

So are you saying that the creatures are human beings in some sense or something entirely different? When I put it in terms of male and female, the video seems to make even more sense to me. Thinking of the stories of "Adam & Eve," and relating it to this video just somehow makes sense to me. Intresting......

myspace.com/skoi | waxdj.com/skoisirius
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 11:05 AM   #4
Banned

Bincount™: 128
Nice thoughts

its a nice thought... easy... but interesting... good job
Old 02-22-2003, 05:13 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: interesting...

Quote:
Originally posted by numb...
interesting... man good work, that must of taken some time. I think you are right, but because of the bands biblical/epic theme's and maynards cathlic quotes (in mer de noms - aperfectcircle) there may be more religous overtones... such as the man and woman may of been adam and eve or some other spirtual story. Post more often, what do you think of the other video's?
I don't think we should make the implication that, if MJK talks about religion in other songs, then he's talking about religion in this song. If we're going to just make it simple like the first poster said, then to put it at its most simple, "It's about a lack of communication."

It never seemed that the two characters really hated each other. They just couldn't figure each other out. Pulling on the vein seemed like she was just trying to 'pick his brain' so to speak. Just an attempt at understanding that may have failed, resulting in letting out his 'inner demons' or however you want to think of it.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:07 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

In my opinion, the two...Beings, represent the right and left sides of the human brain.

In Bob Frissel's book: Nothing in this book is true, but its exactly the way things are. he mentions that the left side is the female side, the intuitive side, and the right side is the male side...the logical side I believe.

And that something is keeping them apart...keeping them from coming together...like pain, hate and lonliness? It might actually be a metaphor for our world, and how those feelings are keeping us from experiencing the next level of human consciencenes.

That is the way i've always looked at it.

--Matt
Old 03-18-2003, 03:26 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

don't read this

i just wanted to view my avatar
Old 04-02-2003, 08:42 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally posted by thedestroyer666

but its exactly the way things are. he mentions that the left side is the female side, the intuitive side, and the right side is the male side...the logical side I believe.

And that something is keeping them apart...keeping them from coming together...
--Matt
Well Matt, I've never heard the two hemispheres in the brain refered to as male or female, but they definately have nothing to do with what you said. Left is logics-math and forming words. right is all art, musical appreciation, and creativity.However, it has been agreed that there seems to be almost no connection between hemispheres. And as far as having to do with Schism, i think thats kind of a long shot....

good post though
Old 04-20-2003, 05:49 PM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 1
If I'm Not mistaken the red and yellow that came to me is from Hopi Prophesy. Perhapes It is being looked at from the point of view in which uses the right side of the mind. We as an average people use the left. I however use my right because I am dyslexic with a touch or two of Anoxia.
Doesn't Mer De Noms mean Sea Of Souls. And they looked out over a sea of glass. Since we are bits of sand. Heated by his fire. We in turn would be the glass of the day. Since it does say in the text that they sang the songs of Moses. Thus proving the prophets are singers.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:30 PM   #10
Banned.

unversal

O.k. here we go. The intial being of creation is said to be hermaphrodite with both organs(some have them but are not exsposed). We are all said to be apart of God. Molded in his image. Coming from the same dust. thus the little man.

In monoatomics I have learned that under he microscope blood is the color of gold. Ini structuring the DNA in a perfect pattern of comunication it is Called a Light language. If we are all apart of one energy source(dogstar) then we as many artist have exspressed are God. To become one is to resurrect God.

She is our mother as our creator. For without her we are lifeless. In thebible it says he who is of the earth is not of the father. This is the reason for her fear.

The blood beings are the singers. For they spill there blood each time on stage. Mick said," If I could I'd suicide right on stage." David Draiman said," Let me enlighten you this is how I pray."

The hair. What is hair, waist. A rebel from the waist down as Manson put it. Therefore the waist of time and man becomes more noticable. And then the cycle after the death begins all over again.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:59 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by mstajduh
we live in a dualistic world of 1 and 0's (black and white, good and bad, etc)
ever seen anti-trust?

The computer world is binary, you are a one or a zero, alive or dead

and also in lateralus remember he says " black and white are all i see"... but i still dont get the red & yellow bit...(someone said earlier about the two hemispheres being in no way connected)
Old 05-05-2003, 08:14 PM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

i remember reading something about how when we are young all we can see is black and white. that is how i took those words for a long time, but now that you just woke me up i can see that it can obviously just be a heading for "a world of opposites" (right wrong good bad all that sort). maybe he says "black and white are all i see in my infancy" to mean that he used to see the world as "opposites" and then he grew over it and started to see everything as one. i also remember reading some of the articles about how he says that we need to "stop seeing everything as good or bad - beautiful or ugly in order to get on with evolving. that makes sense when fitting it together. please keep writing people. i want to see if i made sense.
thanks for reading
Old 05-23-2003, 08:37 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

well then...

hmm... interesting how this thread has turned... i guess that's the nature of dissection... a beast turns into it's bladder. good job. anyway... pasartanis... i really enjoyed with you initially said... specifically about tool's message being more than what you think... until you said 'i think'. h.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:46 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Re: try to look from another point of view.

Here is the most simple explaination:
SCHISM - division of a group into opposing factions;A deliberate break with the unity of the church, condemned vigorously by influential writers of the early church, such as Cyprian and Augustine;Derived from a Greek word meaning separation, the term designates formal and obstinate refusal by a baptized Catholic, called a schismatic, to be in communion with the pope and the Church. The canonical penalty is excommunication. One of the most disastrous schisms in history resulted in the definitive separation of the Church in the East from union with Rome about 1054.;Refusal to obey the rightful authority of Divinely constituted hierarchy of the Church. A person who knowingly and obstinately disobeys the hierarchy is called a schismatic. Canon Law #751 says "Schism is the withdrawal of submission to the Supreme Pontiff or from communion with the members of the Church subject to him."
Old 03-28-2004, 09:38 AM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasartanis
Have you ever wondered that maybe the tool videos are more simple than you think. Some people try to find a meaning to every element in the videos involving religion and many other things.
What if the videos are just some sort of stories...
Disney movies tell stories, but there is amazing symbolism as well...

Don't believe me? Watch The Nightmare Before Christmas for instance. The theme is basically "don't try to be what you aren't." And when Jack tries to explain Christmas with science, and it's completely bogus, it's saying, "science can't explain everything." And I think that it's also saying that some people/worlds just aren't compatible (possibly racism???). Also, when Jack tries to explain his experience in Christmas Town, all the ghouls/undead, etc just want to hear what they want to hear. They can't accept that there is joy in other things than what they are used to.

That's just one movie... and that isn't everything in there, and it tells a story...

Tool's videos tell stories, but they use symbolism like none other...

But kickass interpretation IMO...
Old 05-07-2004, 05:11 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Or maybe the creator of the video really saw vines growing out of his head.. I know I do.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:31 PM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

I think the video has nothing to do with the song...

I think the song is about the Tower of Babel.

Think about it. Men are trying to build a tower to heaven.
But then God knocks it down and everyone is speaking different languages.
("I know the pieces fit, 'cuz I watched them crumble over....bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication"

See , they were speaking all these different languages, therefore they had to rediscor communication.
And seeing that Maynard grew up in a Baptist family, he should believe this theory ;).

Im out.

Tool at Baltimore. August 10th 2002. Best show in my entire life.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:32 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

lol.
I just wanted to get to level "Talker"

Old 08-12-2004, 08:37 PM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesP
Or maybe the creator of the video really saw vines growing out of his head.. I know I do.

JamesP...

Adam Jones created this video, and I've seen him in concert lol. He dosn't have vines sticking out of his head

Old 08-12-2004, 08:46 PM   #20
Walker of Dissonant Worlds

Bincount™: 770

Poop.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:38 PM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 84

but the two 'humans' in the video are brought together in the end. they form into one. they had been split. schism is a split.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:39 PM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitheringMyIntuition
I think the video has nothing to do with the song...

I think the song is about the Tower of Babel.

Think about it. Men are trying to build a tower to heaven.
But then God knocks it down and everyone is speaking different languages.
("I know the pieces fit, 'cuz I watched them crumble over....bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication"

See , they were speaking all these different languages, therefore they had to rediscor communication.
And seeing that Maynard grew up in a Baptist family, he should believe this theory ;).

Im out.
indeed, that seems reasonable.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: