Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-08-2007, 01:07 AM

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Nov 19 Tulsa, OK Tulsa Convention Center

stealth24
11-19-2007, 10:25 PM

Did anyone manage to get a count on how many beers Justin threw back tonight?

Also...46 & 2. Wow. I just about wet myself during Danny's drum solo...simply amazing.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 19 Tulsa, OK Tulsa Convention Center

Also...46 & 2. Wow. I just about wet myself during Danny's drum solo...simply amazing.
OFFLINE |  
K7_Leetha's Avatar K7_Leetha
11-19-2007, 10:53 PM

Just got home from the Tulsa show. WOW... an amazing night to be sure. First and foremost, the Set:

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schism (Extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended - With the drummer from TransAm)
Vicarious

No huge surprises, but man the energy in the band was there.

TransAm opened up the show at 8pm sharp. They were decent, alot of electronic influences. Their drummer is pretty good too. Some of there stuff gets a bit old quickly though.

After an agonizing 40 minute wait, the lights went down and Tool takes the stage at 9:10pm. Immediatly busting into Jambi, I noticed the lighting and visuals were a bit different than the OKC show in May.

After the first song Maynard says something like "I hate to fart in your cereal, but I have an announcement" crowd dies down thinking its bad news. "Today is Justin's birthday, so pretend to care" - HUGE OVATION.

Maynard was doing some silly stuff tonight too. Being in Tulsa, he had the cowboy hat in tow and proceeded to "ride the bull" during Stinkfist. As well as throwing energy towards the now short haired Adam.

46 & 2 was as usual a showcase for Danny. Nothing much new, but it doesn't need it. Schism was next and brought the crowd into a almost quiet somber mood. Quite a feat for playing an arena of drunk Tulsans.

Rosetta Stoned then happened, with some cool new visuals and Maynard doing some more funny silly stuff. I think they added a little pause at the end to throw people off of when the song ends too.

Then they played Flood! I was sooo happy to hear some older Tool stuff. And let me tell you it was played to PERFECTION. The water projections were insanely cool too.

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was next. Complete with the smoke and lasers. Very emotional and hypnotic. It really overwhelmed me with emotion. And was perhaps my favorate song of the night.

Laturalus brought everything back into full swing, with dancing lasers and an abundant amount of visual elements. The drummer from TransAm did a spot with Danny and I think he held up very well. It would've been better to see Bozio though! Oh, I couldn't really see for sure - but it LOOKED like Maynard actually gave someone in the front row a drum or something.

Edit: It was a bag of popcorn! lol

Then Maynard thanked us for coming and said he hoped we had fun, cuz he sure did. An awesome gesture that proves he does truely love what he's doing. Then they broke down into Vicarious (which they did NOT play in OKC!). Some cool visuals from the 2002 tour thrown in with the lasers and lights. Very tight, great song to finish the set.

Then the lights came up and all 4 embraced and bowed. Adam was off the stage first, followed by Maynard. Justing and Danny stayed a bit longer soaking it up and doing joke bows like they were in an ochestra.

Couple notes - I didn't smoke weed during this concert, my seats were close to security and I wanted to concentrate on the show. I did before and after though, hehe. Oh and Justin put away 6-8 beers easy that I saw.

If I was to compare the 5/19/2007 OKC show and the Tulsa one, I'd give the edge to Tulsa. I think OKC had a warmer sound but Tulsa was punchier and more energetic. Also being Justin's B-Day really made the guys get into it. Maynard, Danny, and Justin were as animated as they get. I think thet even Tool was amazed to hear the final ovation they got.

So in closing it was a 10/10 show. A musical pinnecle, and a highlight of my life.

Thanks goes to Tool for an awesome performance! See you on the other side!

Last edited by K7_Leetha; 11-19-2007 at 11:37 PM..
Old 11-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Just got home from the Tulsa show. WOW... an amazing night to be sure. First and foremost, the Set:

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schism (Extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

TransAm opened up the show at 8pm sharp. They were decent, alot of electronic influences. Their drummer is pretty good too. Some of there stuff gets a bit old quickly though.

After an agonizing 40 minute wait, the lights went down and Tool takes the stage at 9:10pm. Immediatly busting into Jambi, I noticed the lighting and visuals were a bit different than the OKC show in May.

After the first song Maynard says something like "I hate to fart in your cereal, but I have an announcement" crowd dies down thinking its bad news. "Today is Justin's birthday, so pretend to care" - HUGE OVATION.

Maynard was doing some silly stuff tonight too. Being in Tulsa, he had the cowboy hat in tow and proceeded to "ride the bull" during Stinkfist. As well as throwing energy towards the now short haired Adam.

46 & 2 was as usual a showcase for Danny. Nothing much new, but it doesn't need it. Schism was next and brought the crowd into a almost quiet somber mood. Quite a feat for playing an arena of drunk Tulsans.

Rosetta Stoned then happened, with some cool new visuals and Maynard doing some more funny silly stuff. I think they added a little pause at the end to throw people off of when the song ends too.

Then they played Flood! I was sooo happy to hear some older Tool stuff. And let me tell you it was played to PERFECTION. The water projections were insanely cool too.

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was next. Complete with the smoke and lasers. Very emotional and hypnotic. It really overwhelmed me with emotion. And was perhaps my favorate song of the night.

Laturalus brought everything back into full swing, with dancing lasers and an abundant amount of visual elements. The drummer from TransAm did a spot with Danny and I think he held up very well. It would've been better to see Bozio though! Oh, I couldn't really see for sure - but it LOOKED like Maynard actually gave someone in the front row a drum or something.

Then Maynard thanked us for coming and said he hoped we had fun, cuz he sure did. An awesome gesture that proves he does truely love what he's doing. Then they broke down into Vicarious (which they did NOT play in OKC!). Some cool visuals from the 2002 tour thrown in with the lasers and lights. Very tight, great song to finish the set.

Then the lights came up and all 4 embraced and bowed. Adam was off the stage first, followed by Maynard. Justing and Danny stayed a bit longer soaking it up and doing joke bows like they were in an ochestra.

Couple notes - I didn't smoke weed during this concert, my seats were close to security and I wanted to concentrate on the show. I did before and after though, hehe. Oh and Justin put away 6-8 beers easy that I saw.

If I was to compare the 5/19/2007 OKC show and the Tulsa one, I'd give the edge to Tulsa. I think OKC had a warmer sound but Tulsa was punchier and more energetic. Also being Justin's B-Day really made the guys get into it. Maynard, Danny, and Justin were as animated as they get. I think thet even Tool was amazed to hear the final ovation they got.

So in closing it was a 10/10 show. A musical pinnecle, and a highlight of my life.

Last edited by K7_Leetha; 11-19-2007 at 11:37 PM..
OFFLINE |  
memnoch
11-19-2007, 10:57 PM

He farted in my cereal :(

Great show. Standard setlist; same as the rest of the tour.

I really loved hearing Flood, I with they would play more off their earlier albums, but I can understand that they'd want to play more of their new stuff. (Although The Pot is still the only damn song I've never heard them play live... great song and I don't understand why they don't bring it out...)

The crowd sang along very loudly to Wing Pt 2, which surprised the hell out of me. Good job Tulsa.

PS. Happy birthday Justin!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

He farted in my cereal :(

Great show. Standard setlist; same as the rest of the tour.

I really loved hearing Flood, I with they would play more off their earlier albums, but I can understand that they'd want to play more of their new stuff. (Although The Pot is still the only damn song I've never heard them play live... great song and I don't understand why they don't bring it out...)

The crowd sang along very loudly to Wing Pt 2, which surprised the hell out of me. Good job Tulsa.

PS. Happy birthday Justin!
OFFLINE |  
Maron8515
11-19-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth24 View Post

Lol, I was about twenty feet away and I saw him down five during the Lateralus drum solo. He looked drunk when he first took the stage... I guess it was his birthday though, we should cut him a little slack. It just seemed a little unprofessional... Also, was he using a beer bottle to play slide guitar during one of the interludes? I know he took one out on stage and crouched down with it, but he had his back to me and I couldn't see what he was doing.

Adam's pig-tails definitely cracked me up, and Maynard was in fine form. He apologized for farting in our cereal bowl or something like that, and then proceeded to wish Justin a happy birthday. I also liked how he shouted "Tulsa" instead of one of the shouts in Stinkfist. During the Lateralus drum solos he brought a big bag of popcorn to the guest drummer and Justin, and then passed it on to the crowd.

Otherwise, another amazing show. My only complaint is that this was nearly the same setlist as in OKC over the summer, but Flood, Vicarious, and some new visuals definitely made this worthwhile. Just hopefully next time around we'll see something a little different...

Setlist was the same as the first three shows on the tour, so something like:

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended w/ Ions intro)
Forty-Six and 2
Schism (Extended)
Rosetta Stoned (No Lost Keys... Thank god)
Flood
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus ( Extended w/ drummer from TransAm)
Vicarious
Old 11-19-2007, 11:01 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth24 View Post

Lol, I was about twenty feet away and I saw him down five during the Lateralus drum solo. He looked drunk when he first took the stage... I guess it was his birthday though, we should cut him a little slack. It just seemed a little unprofessional... Also, was he using a beer bottle to play slide guitar during one of the interludes? I know he took one out on stage and crouched down with it, but he had his back to me and I couldn't see what he was doing.

Adam's pig-tails definitely cracked me up, and Maynard was in fine form. He apologized for farting in our cereal bowl or something like that, and then proceeded to wish Justin a happy birthday. I also liked how he shouted "Tulsa" instead of one of the shouts in Stinkfist. During the Lateralus drum solos he brought a big bag of popcorn to the guest drummer and Justin, and then passed it on to the crowd.

Otherwise, another amazing show. My only complaint is that this was nearly the same setlist as in OKC over the summer, but Flood, Vicarious, and some new visuals definitely made this worthwhile. Just hopefully next time around we'll see something a little different...

Setlist was the same as the first three shows on the tour, so something like:

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended w/ Ions intro)
Forty-Six and 2
Schism (Extended)
Rosetta Stoned (No Lost Keys... Thank god)
Flood
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus ( Extended w/ drummer from TransAm)
Vicarious
OFFLINE |  
11-19-2007, 11:39 PM

I thought Justin played to his absolute best. He was headbanging and gesticulating wildly all night. Although he did spend alot of time on the floor during Wings.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:39 PM   #6

I thought Justin played to his absolute best. He was headbanging and gesticulating wildly all night. Although he did spend alot of time on the floor during Wings.
OFFLINE |  
stealth24
11-19-2007, 11:51 PM

I was in section B (floor in front of Adam) and there was a ton of weed...security really didn't seem to care. I laughed my head off at the forty some odd year old mom smoking with her kid in the row in front me...they were being all sneaky and hiding it while we were just passing around a joint in the open.

I didn't see the beer bottle slide, but god DAMN was there energy. My entire section was going nuts, and there were no drunken fratboys in sight.

And now I'm drunk, doing homework in a hotel in Tulsa before driving back to Texas in an hour or two. Yay.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:51 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

I was in section B (floor in front of Adam) and there was a ton of weed...security really didn't seem to care. I laughed my head off at the forty some odd year old mom smoking with her kid in the row in front me...they were being all sneaky and hiding it while we were just passing around a joint in the open.

I didn't see the beer bottle slide, but god DAMN was there energy. My entire section was going nuts, and there were no drunken fratboys in sight.

And now I'm drunk, doing homework in a hotel in Tulsa before driving back to Texas in an hour or two. Yay.
OFFLINE |  
Mac87
11-20-2007, 08:28 AM

I'll start off by saying this is my first post and I'm so happy to be here. Ditto everything said in the above posts(setlist, opinions). The whole band seemed lively, probably becuase of Justin's birthday. The energy was there, no doubt. Maynard seemed to be in good spirits, and his voice seemed rested and in full form. He moved around quite a bit I thought. I didn't realize what he was passing around during Lateralus but now that I think about it, it did look like popcorn. I was glad to hear some older material played. It was a nice balance between older songs and newer 10,000 days stuff. Everything was played flawlessly, but if I had to pick a favorite, Stinkfist was it. NO shortage of energy from the band, or crowd there. Jambi and Rosetta stoned were also extremely powerful. There were no bad seats in the place. I had seats in the back and still had a great view. It was an awesome show, and close to home which was a bonus. I have no complaints whatsoever.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

I'll start off by saying this is my first post and I'm so happy to be here. Ditto everything said in the above posts(setlist, opinions). The whole band seemed lively, probably becuase of Justin's birthday. The energy was there, no doubt. Maynard seemed to be in good spirits, and his voice seemed rested and in full form. He moved around quite a bit I thought. I didn't realize what he was passing around during Lateralus but now that I think about it, it did look like popcorn. I was glad to hear some older material played. It was a nice balance between older songs and newer 10,000 days stuff. Everything was played flawlessly, but if I had to pick a favorite, Stinkfist was it. NO shortage of energy from the band, or crowd there. Jambi and Rosetta stoned were also extremely powerful. There were no bad seats in the place. I had seats in the back and still had a great view. It was an awesome show, and close to home which was a bonus. I have no complaints whatsoever.
OFFLINE |  
TOOLwrench's Avatar TOOLwrench
11-20-2007, 10:00 AM

i was in a section full of drunken meatheads that wanted to yell nonsense especially during wings (very disrepectful) any how i enjoyed the new visuals and the whole thing with the light rings above looking like ufos were coming down. Wow merch was outrageous, 114 dollars for 3 shirts.............good show,that makes 6 for me!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:00 AM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

i was in a section full of drunken meatheads that wanted to yell nonsense especially during wings (very disrepectful) any how i enjoyed the new visuals and the whole thing with the light rings above looking like ufos were coming down. Wow merch was outrageous, 114 dollars for 3 shirts.............good show,that makes 6 for me!
OFFLINE |  
Toolfan#1's Avatar Toolfan#1
11-20-2007, 11:16 AM

5th TOOL show and it was not disappointing. Here is the setlist (for the 8th time)

JAMBI
STINKFIST (EXT)
FORTY-SIX &TWO
SCHISM (DOUBLE-TIME)
ROSSETA STONED
***FLOOD***
WINGS FOR MARIE
10,000 DAYS
LATERALUS
VICARIOUS

The setlist was standard but it was my first time hearing FLOOD live and it blew me away. especailly the visual effect of water pouring down on the stage when all the instruments were accented at the same time. I have to say that I have seen these songs live many times and none of them get old. Everytime I here that opening riff to Jambi I lose control and go all out plus Stinkfist really gets the crowd motivated. Overall there were a few mastakes by the band but they are just human (contrary to popular belief) and none the less the recovered and still kicked ass. I felt honered to share Justin's birthday at the show it was great I can't rank shows compared to others because they were to far away but this was a really bad ass show.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

5th TOOL show and it was not disappointing. Here is the setlist (for the 8th time)

JAMBI
STINKFIST (EXT)
FORTY-SIX &TWO
SCHISM (DOUBLE-TIME)
ROSSETA STONED
***FLOOD***
WINGS FOR MARIE
10,000 DAYS
LATERALUS
VICARIOUS

The setlist was standard but it was my first time hearing FLOOD live and it blew me away. especailly the visual effect of water pouring down on the stage when all the instruments were accented at the same time. I have to say that I have seen these songs live many times and none of them get old. Everytime I here that opening riff to Jambi I lose control and go all out plus Stinkfist really gets the crowd motivated. Overall there were a few mastakes by the band but they are just human (contrary to popular belief) and none the less the recovered and still kicked ass. I felt honered to share Justin's birthday at the show it was great I can't rank shows compared to others because they were to far away but this was a really bad ass show.
11-20-2007, 01:02 PM

Man, what a show. They sounded tight as hell. Energy was very high, and so was I. Definitely worth the 7hr. drive from Omaha. Pretty much the same set list I've seen 5 times this tour, but still killer. New visuals on the screen with a piece from the new Vicarious DVD.(Not shown during Vicarious). I still don't know what was in the bag that MJK was feeding Justin and crowd members. MJK belted out his scream during Rosetta which I have not seen him do since the beginning of the tour @ Memorial Hall in K.C.
Amazing show for my 10th overall.

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Old 11-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Man, what a show. They sounded tight as hell. Energy was very high, and so was I. Definitely worth the 7hr. drive from Omaha. Pretty much the same set list I've seen 5 times this tour, but still killer. New visuals on the screen with a piece from the new Vicarious DVD.(Not shown during Vicarious). I still don't know what was in the bag that MJK was feeding Justin and crowd members. MJK belted out his scream during Rosetta which I have not seen him do since the beginning of the tour @ Memorial Hall in K.C.
Amazing show for my 10th overall.

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
11-20-2007, 03:24 PM

it was popcorn,he's done that before..............
Old 11-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

it was popcorn,he's done that before..............
OFFLINE |  
Natalie Portman's Avatar Natalie Portman
11-20-2007, 03:52 PM

Great show, once again. This was I think number 6 for me. It was pretty awesome to hear Flood for the first time, but before they went into that song I thought I heard the drum line from the beginning of Third Eye and I got all excited. I've still never seen that song live :/ Adam's pigtails were amusing, and Justin put on a fro wig for the last song. It would have been nice to get a drum head or a drumstick or something, but alas, it was not meant to be. This was my lady friend's 2nd concert ever and she was ecstatic about it. She's not even a huge Tool fan, but she had a blast.

Did anyone else that's not from Tulsa have a hell of a time finding the Convention Center though? I had Google Maps directions, and they got me within a few blocks, but weren't completely accurate. Downtown Tulsa sucks ass, so of course there was no one to ask and it wasn't even clear where to park. When they have a show in OKC it's very clear where it's going down bc of all the people walking around and there's event parking everywhere. Blah, I hate Tulsa.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34

Great show, once again. This was I think number 6 for me. It was pretty awesome to hear Flood for the first time, but before they went into that song I thought I heard the drum line from the beginning of Third Eye and I got all excited. I've still never seen that song live :/ Adam's pigtails were amusing, and Justin put on a fro wig for the last song. It would have been nice to get a drum head or a drumstick or something, but alas, it was not meant to be. This was my lady friend's 2nd concert ever and she was ecstatic about it. She's not even a huge Tool fan, but she had a blast.

Did anyone else that's not from Tulsa have a hell of a time finding the Convention Center though? I had Google Maps directions, and they got me within a few blocks, but weren't completely accurate. Downtown Tulsa sucks ass, so of course there was no one to ask and it wasn't even clear where to park. When they have a show in OKC it's very clear where it's going down bc of all the people walking around and there's event parking everywhere. Blah, I hate Tulsa.
OFFLINE |  
Mac87
11-20-2007, 04:05 PM

You are correct, the internet directions were awful. True, Justin's wig was great. The whole band seemed to be in playful spirits.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

You are correct, the internet directions were awful. True, Justin's wig was great. The whole band seemed to be in playful spirits.
OFFLINE |  
cheneymon's Avatar cheneymon
11-20-2007, 09:30 PM

This was my 8th show, and how wonderful this band rocks...I really never could complain about TOOL at all...however, I am...Play longer concerts! You have enough material to have an awesome 3hr show, but you only give us enough to wet our tongues...then we only want you more...great marketing...I guess that is why I continue to come to your live gigs b/c I cannot get enough of TOOL, LIVE, it is amazing to be apart of it...you are addicting & love you for it!! Here is an promo idea, start playing 2-3 night shows in cities but play a different set list every night...because when I leave TOOL shows, I want to see them again the very next night...ok, this is all...gnite...sc, Little Rock
Old 11-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 8th show, and how wonderful this band rocks...I really never could complain about TOOL at all...however, I am...Play longer concerts! You have enough material to have an awesome 3hr show, but you only give us enough to wet our tongues...then we only want you more...great marketing...I guess that is why I continue to come to your live gigs b/c I cannot get enough of TOOL, LIVE, it is amazing to be apart of it...you are addicting & love you for it!! Here is an promo idea, start playing 2-3 night shows in cities but play a different set list every night...because when I leave TOOL shows, I want to see them again the very next night...ok, this is all...gnite...sc, Little Rock
OFFLINE |  
seeveedee
11-20-2007, 10:42 PM

It's great to see the band in good spirits, joking around - I spose they gotta do some thing to entertain themselves seeing as their job as has become as monotonous as an offce job - a shame. At least it's better than a Puscifier show, God forbid.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:42 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

It's great to see the band in good spirits, joking around - I spose they gotta do some thing to entertain themselves seeing as their job as has become as monotonous as an offce job - a shame. At least it's better than a Puscifier show, God forbid.
OFFLINE |  
Peanut's Parents's Avatar Peanut's Parents
11-21-2007, 06:39 AM

Epic show, 2nd time for me to see TOOL. OKC in May, Tulsa now in Nov. Tulsa show Definitely had the edge over OKC. Vicarious almost got the pigs on me. I was super high and drunk by then. I must say, TOOL you change my life everytime. I want to thank the entire crew; SOUND, LIGHTS, STAGEHANDS, EVEN THE PEOPLE THAT BRING THE BAND DRINKS. A BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not one thing to complain about.
Rosetta Stoned was alittle off, but who gives a shit, besides that, AMAZING.
The fans were all full of energy, a guy behind me started a little pit, which was fucking sweet since the chairs were tied down, but that was kick ass, i forgot what song it was during. But he got kicked out anyway by the "man".
I brought with me a beautiful big titted chick who loves TOOL just as all of us, That was sweet. Not Bragging, just being informative.

THANK YOU ADAM, JUSTIN, DANNY (YOU ROCKED THOSE PRESSURE PADS BY THE WAY, FUCK YES), AND MJK.
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE.
SPIRAL OUT

Last edited by Peanut's Parents; 11-21-2007 at 08:09 AM..
Old 11-21-2007, 06:39 AM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Epic show, 2nd time for me to see TOOL. OKC in May, Tulsa now in Nov. Tulsa show Definitely had the edge over OKC. Vicarious almost got the pigs on me. I was super high and drunk by then. I must say, TOOL you change my life everytime. I want to thank the entire crew; SOUND, LIGHTS, STAGEHANDS, EVEN THE PEOPLE THAT BRING THE BAND DRINKS. A BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not one thing to complain about.
Rosetta Stoned was alittle off, but who gives a shit, besides that, AMAZING.
The fans were all full of energy, a guy behind me started a little pit, which was fucking sweet since the chairs were tied down, but that was kick ass, i forgot what song it was during. But he got kicked out anyway by the "man".
I brought with me a beautiful big titted chick who loves TOOL just as all of us, That was sweet. Not Bragging, just being informative.

THANK YOU ADAM, JUSTIN, DANNY (YOU ROCKED THOSE PRESSURE PADS BY THE WAY, FUCK YES), AND MJK.
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE.
SPIRAL OUT

Last edited by Peanut's Parents; 11-21-2007 at 08:09 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Peanut's Parents's Avatar Peanut's Parents
11-21-2007, 09:59 AM

also, can anyone tell me what was on the front of the keyboard. Through the binoc i could bearly see, it looked like either, a stuffed tiger, or Bumblebee the Transformer. i couldn't make it out. I was on the floor sec A 17th row and looking through my Third Eye. If anyone can tell me then i won't fart in your cereal.

Last edited by Peanut's Parents; 11-21-2007 at 12:09 PM..
Old 11-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

also, can anyone tell me what was on the front of the keyboard. Through the binoc i could bearly see, it looked like either, a stuffed tiger, or Bumblebee the Transformer. i couldn't make it out. I was on the floor sec A 17th row and looking through my Third Eye. If anyone can tell me then i won't fart in your cereal.

Last edited by Peanut's Parents; 11-21-2007 at 12:09 PM..
OFFLINE |  
colt4540's Avatar colt4540
11-21-2007, 02:36 PM

This show was great probably the best I seen out of the two KC shows and the Wichita show. Maynard was real animated and vocal which was fuckin awesome. Wings for Marie was once again my favorite but Flood was fuckin amazing.
The only down fall I had to this concert was the drunk bastard in front of me who kept standing on his chair and no one could see around him. Granted he was having a good time but he didn't have to ruin it for other people. It was ok though when dannys drum head came by (which I was only inches from catching it when it sailed into the first row of the stands) the drunk bastard fell over knocking his girlfriend and all of his friends over
other than that had a great time before, during and after the concert until early in the next morning i stumble into the waffle house by I-44 and Peroria and eat what at the time was a kickass omelet until 10'o'clock rolled around and i had it coming back out of both ends
Old 11-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

This show was great probably the best I seen out of the two KC shows and the Wichita show. Maynard was real animated and vocal which was fuckin awesome. Wings for Marie was once again my favorite but Flood was fuckin amazing.
The only down fall I had to this concert was the drunk bastard in front of me who kept standing on his chair and no one could see around him. Granted he was having a good time but he didn't have to ruin it for other people. It was ok though when dannys drum head came by (which I was only inches from catching it when it sailed into the first row of the stands) the drunk bastard fell over knocking his girlfriend and all of his friends over
other than that had a great time before, during and after the concert until early in the next morning i stumble into the waffle house by I-44 and Peroria and eat what at the time was a kickass omelet until 10'o'clock rolled around and i had it coming back out of both ends
11-21-2007, 04:47 PM

Did anyone else shake danny carey's dad's hand or was it just me?
Old 11-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

OFFLINE |  
fansoftool's Avatar fansoftool
11-21-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
Despite the fact that I could not hear Maynard that well, I was still very impressed. Maynard announced that it was Justin's birthday and he passed out popcorn from a tub on stage, Justin downed five beers during the Lateralus solo with Trans Am's drummer, no fights broke out, the setlist was very simular to the OKC show, however, they played Flood instead of Right In Two and they played Vicarious. They should have played Third Eye, but it was still three hours worth of music and the light show and visuals were better than last time. Totally stunning. Fuck the nay-sayers! I thought it was still a great show.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:32 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
Despite the fact that I could not hear Maynard that well, I was still very impressed. Maynard announced that it was Justin's birthday and he passed out popcorn from a tub on stage, Justin downed five beers during the Lateralus solo with Trans Am's drummer, no fights broke out, the setlist was very simular to the OKC show, however, they played Flood instead of Right In Two and they played Vicarious. They should have played Third Eye, but it was still three hours worth of music and the light show and visuals were better than last time. Totally stunning. Fuck the nay-sayers! I thought it was still a great show.
OFFLINE |  
11-21-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7_Leetha View Post

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schism (Extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

Yes I would have to say this one was a hell of a lot better than last time.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7_Leetha View Post

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schism (Extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

Yes I would have to say this one was a hell of a lot better than last time.
OFFLINE |  
ATF-34
11-21-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpmx_44 View Post

I was there with danny's dad :)

Also are we sure it was the drummer from Transam? I'm pretty sure it was Danny's drum tech... I forgot to ask danny's dad.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpmx_44 View Post

Also are we sure it was the drummer from Transam? I'm pretty sure it was Danny's drum tech... I forgot to ask danny's dad.
OFFLINE |  
11-21-2007, 10:03 PM

I can't believe I forgot to mention it earlier, but Danny was bashing the hell out of his set. I think 2 or 3 times the Tech came on stage to re-tighten a cymbal stand.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:03 PM   #24

I can't believe I forgot to mention it earlier, but Danny was bashing the hell out of his set. I think 2 or 3 times the Tech came on stage to re-tighten a cymbal stand.
OFFLINE |  
11-22-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywize View Post
I HAVE NOT SEEN OR HEARD THE END OF THE SET, ARE THEY DOING THE HUGGING, CHILLING OUT AND THANKING THE CROWD AS THEY DID ON THE LAST TIME AROUND?
Yes they were. Adam was the first to leave the stage followed by Maynard and Danny and Justin were doing fake bows repeatedly. Very funny because Justin was still wearing his afro wig with his long hair sticking out the back sides.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:02 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywize View Post
I HAVE NOT SEEN OR HEARD THE END OF THE SET, ARE THEY DOING THE HUGGING, CHILLING OUT AND THANKING THE CROWD AS THEY DID ON THE LAST TIME AROUND?
Yes they were. Adam was the first to leave the stage followed by Maynard and Danny and Justin were doing fake bows repeatedly. Very funny because Justin was still wearing his afro wig with his long hair sticking out the back sides.
OFFLINE |  
gkopp's Avatar gkopp
11-22-2007, 10:30 AM

Show was fuckin amazing. I know i'm pretty lucky to get to see them up close again. Row F on Justin's side. Crowd was real good, seemed like a lot of smokers. I went solo again, was seated next to a cute cool chic who was also there solo (props to her). Flood was the highlight for me, since it wasn't played in kc or wichita, and it sounded great. the Breakdowns all went nicely and maynard sounded real good. Stinkfist and Lateralus killed it as always. Stinkfist really does it for me and it sounded great at this show. Sound was a little better at the other venues i've been to (it was still good up close), but the performance was outstanding. the Justin birthday/popcorn deal was pretty cool, it gave us the fans a chance to be a part of something the band was doing. All in all show was awesome. I have been to a few shows solo now, so it was nice to hang with someone else who was solo too, and be able to enjoy the music with them. Tulsa was a good experience.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Show was fuckin amazing. I know i'm pretty lucky to get to see them up close again. Row F on Justin's side. Crowd was real good, seemed like a lot of smokers. I went solo again, was seated next to a cute cool chic who was also there solo (props to her). Flood was the highlight for me, since it wasn't played in kc or wichita, and it sounded great. the Breakdowns all went nicely and maynard sounded real good. Stinkfist and Lateralus killed it as always. Stinkfist really does it for me and it sounded great at this show. Sound was a little better at the other venues i've been to (it was still good up close), but the performance was outstanding. the Justin birthday/popcorn deal was pretty cool, it gave us the fans a chance to be a part of something the band was doing. All in all show was awesome. I have been to a few shows solo now, so it was nice to hang with someone else who was solo too, and be able to enjoy the music with them. Tulsa was a good experience.
OFFLINE |  
lateralus0186
11-22-2007, 09:40 PM

Set List
Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie Pt. 1
10,000 Days Pt.2
Lateralus (Extended w/ drum battle from Trans Am)
Vicarious

First off we just want say that we probably had the best time out of anyone there, because we had the best fucking seats in the house...FRONT ROW DEAD CENTER! Seriously this was the best day of our lives. The crowd and TOOL had great energy. TOOL was right on the whole night, everything sounded perfect. You could tell that everyone who was there was having a great time and really enjoying themselves. What was really cool was when Maynard came right up to us looked at all of us in the eye and he mouthed the words "take it, pass it " to us. It was a huge bag of popcorn! I couldn't believe Maynard just really fed us his popcorn! It's not like Maynard to interact with the crowd. We yelled to Justin "Happy Birthday" and he waved back and said "Thanks" He also kept looking at us when were cheering him on to chug more beers on stage. And the best part was when we got Danny Carey's drumstick at the end of the show. Everyone around us was really cool but if you were in the first two center rows you'd probably are going to be cool just because you have great seats too. The only thing that really wasn't okay was that when TOOL took the stage some asshole tried getting in front of us. We paid $1300 for our tickets total and drove all the way from Kansas City, MO ....they weren't getting our seats. Security made them move immediatly. And when my friend had to go to the restroom some girls tried standing in her place, but again security made them move. This was our third show we saw them last September when they came to Kansas City, Then we saw them June 22 in St. Louis. Both the previous times we had balcony seats and even from that view the show still kicks ass, but for us this time it kicked even more ass just because we got to do everything everyone else there wanted to do. It was a plus that the Tulsa Convention Center was a small venue compared to Kemper Arena, and Scottrade Center. The visuals and lazer shows during the songs were amazing. You could tell that everyone was in "awe." Some of the cons about the show was that they didn't play as many songs as we have seen before in KC we got to also hear Aenema and The Pot and in STL we got to hear Right in Two, and The Pot. We also managed to get a few pics and videos with our phone just for our own memories which is really cool.

PS. And to top it all off we rolling balls and the people behind us were too. Which really made the show !ncredible.

To TOOL: We just want to say Thank You for really making our year you really put on an amazing show and we have never walked away dissapointed.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Set List
Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie Pt. 1
10,000 Days Pt.2
Lateralus (Extended w/ drum battle from Trans Am)
Vicarious

First off we just want say that we probably had the best time out of anyone there, because we had the best fucking seats in the house...FRONT ROW DEAD CENTER! Seriously this was the best day of our lives. The crowd and TOOL had great energy. TOOL was right on the whole night, everything sounded perfect. You could tell that everyone who was there was having a great time and really enjoying themselves. What was really cool was when Maynard came right up to us looked at all of us in the eye and he mouthed the words "take it, pass it " to us. It was a huge bag of popcorn! I couldn't believe Maynard just really fed us his popcorn! It's not like Maynard to interact with the crowd. We yelled to Justin "Happy Birthday" and he waved back and said "Thanks" He also kept looking at us when were cheering him on to chug more beers on stage. And the best part was when we got Danny Carey's drumstick at the end of the show. Everyone around us was really cool but if you were in the first two center rows you'd probably are going to be cool just because you have great seats too. The only thing that really wasn't okay was that when TOOL took the stage some asshole tried getting in front of us. We paid $1300 for our tickets total and drove all the way from Kansas City, MO ....they weren't getting our seats. Security made them move immediatly. And when my friend had to go to the restroom some girls tried standing in her place, but again security made them move. This was our third show we saw them last September when they came to Kansas City, Then we saw them June 22 in St. Louis. Both the previous times we had balcony seats and even from that view the show still kicks ass, but for us this time it kicked even more ass just because we got to do everything everyone else there wanted to do. It was a plus that the Tulsa Convention Center was a small venue compared to Kemper Arena, and Scottrade Center. The visuals and lazer shows during the songs were amazing. You could tell that everyone was in "awe." Some of the cons about the show was that they didn't play as many songs as we have seen before in KC we got to also hear Aenema and The Pot and in STL we got to hear Right in Two, and The Pot. We also managed to get a few pics and videos with our phone just for our own memories which is really cool.

PS. And to top it all off we rolling balls and the people behind us were too. Which really made the show !ncredible.

To TOOL: We just want to say Thank You for really making our year you really put on an amazing show and we have never walked away dissapointed.
OFFLINE |  
d row
11-23-2007, 05:30 PM

Stood right behind Danny's parents, family & friends...Great people. Awesome show, I just always wish there was more!! Even had beers after the stands shut down via a very nice vendor that patrols the Tulsa shows, games & events. Can't wait until TOOL comes back nearby!! By the way, 7th show & still kickin A$$!! -D
Old 11-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Stood right behind Danny's parents, family & friends...Great people. Awesome show, I just always wish there was more!! Even had beers after the stands shut down via a very nice vendor that patrols the Tulsa shows, games & events. Can't wait until TOOL comes back nearby!! By the way, 7th show & still kickin A$$!! -D
OFFLINE |  
brianroberts
11-24-2007, 02:12 AM

That concert was the best show I have seen ever...I just wish I was closer!! Either way the band blew us out of our seats and took control of the audience immediately.....was kinda proud of tulsa to sing Wings Pt.1 and 2 , Flood and Rossetta Stoned... I think it freakin rocked man...1000 times better than at the ford center in okc in may...This concert was the absolute bad ass show ever...loved every minute of it...
Old 11-24-2007, 02:12 AM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

That concert was the best show I have seen ever...I just wish I was closer!! Either way the band blew us out of our seats and took control of the audience immediately.....was kinda proud of tulsa to sing Wings Pt.1 and 2 , Flood and Rossetta Stoned... I think it freakin rocked man...1000 times better than at the ford center in okc in may...This concert was the absolute bad ass show ever...loved every minute of it...
OFFLINE |  
Tony The Greek's Avatar Tony The Greek
11-24-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansoftool View Post
Correction........It was a yellow trashbag of popcorn, and I ended up with the last bottom section of the bag itself in my pocket. There has never been a time in my life i have been so happy to have a trash bag in my pocket. That was definitaly the icing on the cake for me. I really figured that the encore would have been prison sex or sober, i believe it was vicarious they finished up with though. Oh, and MAD PROPS to Adam on nailing the "talk Box" solo, it was indescribably perfect and sounded better than any live solo i have ever heard.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #30
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansoftool View Post
Correction........It was a yellow trashbag of popcorn, and I ended up with the last bottom section of the bag itself in my pocket. There has never been a time in my life i have been so happy to have a trash bag in my pocket. That was definitaly the icing on the cake for me. I really figured that the encore would have been prison sex or sober, i believe it was vicarious they finished up with though. Oh, and MAD PROPS to Adam on nailing the "talk Box" solo, it was indescribably perfect and sounded better than any live solo i have ever heard.
OFFLINE |  
hpmx_44
11-24-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF-34 View Post

do you know who it was that took the picture of my cousins shirt and mine? was it you? his shirt read some people are alive because its illegal to kill them, and my shirt had maynard on the front.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF-34 View Post

do you know who it was that took the picture of my cousins shirt and mine? was it you? his shirt read some people are alive because its illegal to kill them, and my shirt had maynard on the front.
OFFLINE |  
redmyse
11-24-2007, 10:44 PM

reading all these posts makes me sad. i waited to the last minute to buy my ticket (stupid!) so i was all the way in the back with the white trash. it was the worst tool show ive ever been to (4). not nearly as many people were standing and the dude beside me was drunk of his ass and kept touching people (including me) in a VERY homosexual way (kept bumping into my hand, put his hand on my shoulder, and at one point i think he wanted to kiss me). so i couldnt just let go and experience the music. every time i started really getting into it gayrod on my side kept interupting. and the people beside him kept wanting to go get more beer ever other song, disturbing everyone one in their path to get in and out.

i was on the floor at the okc show earlier this year was awesome and everyone is saying tulsa blow okc out of the water. if i ever see that guy again im going to stab him in the eye.

Last edited by redmyse; 11-24-2007 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 11-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

reading all these posts makes me sad. i waited to the last minute to buy my ticket (stupid!) so i was all the way in the back with the white trash. it was the worst tool show ive ever been to (4). not nearly as many people were standing and the dude beside me was drunk of his ass and kept touching people (including me) in a VERY homosexual way (kept bumping into my hand, put his hand on my shoulder, and at one point i think he wanted to kiss me). so i couldnt just let go and experience the music. every time i started really getting into it gayrod on my side kept interupting. and the people beside him kept wanting to go get more beer ever other song, disturbing everyone one in their path to get in and out.

i was on the floor at the okc show earlier this year was awesome and everyone is saying tulsa blow okc out of the water. if i ever see that guy again im going to stab him in the eye.

Last edited by redmyse; 11-24-2007 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: typo
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply