Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended w/ Drum Solo)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-07-2007 at 12:03 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/06/01 - Sunrise, FL - Bank Atlantic Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
FortySix & 2
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-07-2007 at 12:03 PM..
OFFLINE |  
K In Yo Mouf
06-01-2007, 07:39 PM

SetList:
Jambi
Stinkfist
FortySix & 2
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Maynard Walked Off, Didn't Sing the Last Verse)
Vicarious

Gr8 Show, Although I Waz @ the 1 Last Night in Orlando and Personally Thought it Waz Better. Felt the Sound Waz Better Last Night, But it Could've Juzt Been Where I Waz Sitting. I Liked the Substitution of Right in Two for Pushit (as Much as I Love Pushit). On 2 Jaxsonville 2marrow 2 Complete the 3 Showz in 3 Dayz...

O Yeah, 4got 2 Mention Thiz. After Last Night, I Figured There Waz No Way Maynard Could b Less Talkative Considering he Said a Total of About 8 Wordz. Guess I Waz Wrong, Dude Didn't Say Shit the Entire Show. 0 Wordz. I'm Hopin He'z Savin up Some Inspirational and Poetic Linez 4 2marrow @ Jaxsonville...

Last edited by paraflux; 06-02-2007 at 06:02 AM..
Old 06-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: 2007/06/01 - Sunrise, FL - Bank Atlantic Center

SetList:
Jambi
Stinkfist
FortySix & 2
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Maynard Walked Off, Didn't Sing the Last Verse)
Vicarious

Gr8 Show, Although I Waz @ the 1 Last Night in Orlando and Personally Thought it Waz Better. Felt the Sound Waz Better Last Night, But it Could've Juzt Been Where I Waz Sitting. I Liked the Substitution of Right in Two for Pushit (as Much as I Love Pushit). On 2 Jaxsonville 2marrow 2 Complete the 3 Showz in 3 Dayz...

O Yeah, 4got 2 Mention Thiz. After Last Night, I Figured There Waz No Way Maynard Could b Less Talkative Considering he Said a Total of About 8 Wordz. Guess I Waz Wrong, Dude Didn't Say Shit the Entire Show. 0 Wordz. I'm Hopin He'z Savin up Some Inspirational and Poetic Linez 4 2marrow @ Jaxsonville...

Last edited by paraflux; 06-02-2007 at 06:02 AM..
OFFLINE |  
remember_forget's Avatar remember_forget
06-01-2007, 08:15 PM

First off, I have to say that Maynard didn't say a word the entire show. It was straight through but very tight and cohesive. They came on after Melt Banana (who were amazing, by the way, contrary to my expectations) and went straight into Jambi. To me the first song was tight but not as fully developed as the rest. There were a few tech issues (Justin had a problem during RS so they repeated until he was fine, Maynard walked off right before the quiet portion of Lateralus and they sacrificed what is usually the extended part by repeating, then Danny did a drum solo about 3 minutes in while they were waiting).. Maynard also didn't sing the last verse of 10,000 Days.

Aside from those minor issues, the sound was great where I was sitting (119) and the band was very into it. A few objects hit the front of the stage but techs took them out quickly.. photos and videos were all over, no attempt by security to stop that, and a good number of people around me were smoking. Also, during Lateralus, some girl attracted a crowd because she was showing her tits for everyone's cameras.

The show ran right about 2 hours (long by Tool standards?). The end of Lateralus really brought everyone into it and Vicarious maintained that until the end. Some guy at the exit was selling homemade shirts for 20 bucks (psh) with sloppily printed pixelated graphics.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
...to the oceans of my platitudes...

Bincount™: 2583

First off, I have to say that Maynard didn't say a word the entire show. It was straight through but very tight and cohesive. They came on after Melt Banana (who were amazing, by the way, contrary to my expectations) and went straight into Jambi. To me the first song was tight but not as fully developed as the rest. There were a few tech issues (Justin had a problem during RS so they repeated until he was fine, Maynard walked off right before the quiet portion of Lateralus and they sacrificed what is usually the extended part by repeating, then Danny did a drum solo about 3 minutes in while they were waiting).. Maynard also didn't sing the last verse of 10,000 Days.

Aside from those minor issues, the sound was great where I was sitting (119) and the band was very into it. A few objects hit the front of the stage but techs took them out quickly.. photos and videos were all over, no attempt by security to stop that, and a good number of people around me were smoking. Also, during Lateralus, some girl attracted a crowd because she was showing her tits for everyone's cameras.

The show ran right about 2 hours (long by Tool standards?). The end of Lateralus really brought everyone into it and Vicarious maintained that until the end. Some guy at the exit was selling homemade shirts for 20 bucks (psh) with sloppily printed pixelated graphics.
OFFLINE |  
Sagacious Foetu
06-01-2007, 08:24 PM

anyway... this was only my 2nd time seeing tool, and aside from some VERY minor issues, that had no bearing on how the show went for me (i didn't even notice some of the ones remember_ mentioned) i thought this was an amazing performance, and is probably the best concert i've ever attended.

also, i've never cried at a concert before. wings for marie 1+2 changed that for me. i'm getting choked up just thinking about it. ughguhguhuguhughg BEST SHOW EVER.

-- Third Eye

Last edited by paraflux; 06-02-2007 at 06:03 AM..
Old 06-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 15

anyway... this was only my 2nd time seeing tool, and aside from some VERY minor issues, that had no bearing on how the show went for me (i didn't even notice some of the ones remember_ mentioned) i thought this was an amazing performance, and is probably the best concert i've ever attended.

also, i've never cried at a concert before. wings for marie 1+2 changed that for me. i'm getting choked up just thinking about it. ughguhguhuguhughg BEST SHOW EVER.

-- Third Eye

Last edited by paraflux; 06-02-2007 at 06:03 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Stoned Immaculate's Avatar Stoned Immaculate
06-01-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K In Yo Mouf View Post
SetList:
Jambi
Stinkfist
FortySix & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

You forgot Intension between Right In Two and Rosetta Stoned, I believe.

Let me start off first by saying Melt Banana was the shit. They totally blew me away because I wasn't expecting much from an opener. They killed it. I would definitely go to one of their shows and buy their album.

I was on the floor in the second row left-center (opposite kind of where Maynard was standing). Maynard said nothing through the whole show. Before Melt Banana I was listening to some dude talk on his cellphone and apparently he was backstage at some point with one of his friends. From what I heard of the conversation Maynard had one of the security guards put a target up on one of the trailers or something like that and started shooting arrows at it. The dude's friend said something along the lines of "I knew you had a hillbilly boner" or something like that...I don't remember. Maynard laughed and then continued on with what he was doing which I assume pissed of the cell phone guy's friend. Eventually he was told to leave by security and while walking away made some sort of dick comment along the lines of "sorry to make you feel uncomfortable SIR MAYNARD."

I believe during Wings some asshole shined a laser pointer into Maynard's eyes and he promptly left the stage for a bit. Also a beer cup and baseball cap were thrown onto the stage. Several other things were thrown but thankfully none of them made it.

But anyways, I was in the second row until I couldn't stand the drunken douchebags around me. They would not stop talking, smoking, drinking...in fact before the show even started there was some dude fucking plowing through the crowd with his wife. During the show he was trying to use me as leverage and I was having none of it. I called the security dudes over and they like banged him against the rail and told him to get lost. Right when Wings was climaxing the security dudes were blocking my entire view of the stage because someone was smoking a cigarette or some chick constantly trying to get on her boyfriend's shoulders. The final straw for me was when people were moshing behind me during 10,000 Days. I was just like "You've got to be kidding me..." I told security to get me out, so if you recall a chick being lifted out of the front and giving the thumbs up to Tool, that was I haha.

I decided to go to the back of the floor, where the sound was SO MUCH BETTER. I could actually hear Maynard. Not to mention I actually had breathing room...christ. Lateralus was pretty much flawless. During Vicarious during that climax-y part (the "viiiiiiicaaaaarriioouuussssllllyyyyyy IIIIIIIIIIIIII.....") Maynard didn't sing it - instead he used his hand as a sort of puppet when the crowd was singing it. The irony it killed me. I lol'd. I just found it really sad when everyone went apeshit because they were playing Vicarious...but I suppose that's what radio does. But Vicarious had a really good light show. Actually, the light show in its entirety was really fucking cool. I was not expecting anything like that. Speaking of which, people need to STFU...There was a terrible singer near me when I was up front. Those kind of things are hard to block out.

If I had to give any advice it would be don't get near the stage. Morons will surround you. Tool was great but the "fans" were not whatsoever. It was especially annoying hearing everyone after the show complain about how they didn't do an encore. Why would they do an encore for you stupid fucks? I'm really pumped to see them @ Bonnaroo because there will not be a lot (if any) dumb self-proclaimed metal heads there.

Last edited by Stoned Immaculate; 06-01-2007 at 09:01 PM..
Old 06-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by K In Yo Mouf View Post
SetList:
Jambi
Stinkfist
FortySix & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

You forgot Intension between Right In Two and Rosetta Stoned, I believe.

Let me start off first by saying Melt Banana was the shit. They totally blew me away because I wasn't expecting much from an opener. They killed it. I would definitely go to one of their shows and buy their album.

I was on the floor in the second row left-center (opposite kind of where Maynard was standing). Maynard said nothing through the whole show. Before Melt Banana I was listening to some dude talk on his cellphone and apparently he was backstage at some point with one of his friends. From what I heard of the conversation Maynard had one of the security guards put a target up on one of the trailers or something like that and started shooting arrows at it. The dude's friend said something along the lines of "I knew you had a hillbilly boner" or something like that...I don't remember. Maynard laughed and then continued on with what he was doing which I assume pissed of the cell phone guy's friend. Eventually he was told to leave by security and while walking away made some sort of dick comment along the lines of "sorry to make you feel uncomfortable SIR MAYNARD."

I believe during Wings some asshole shined a laser pointer into Maynard's eyes and he promptly left the stage for a bit. Also a beer cup and baseball cap were thrown onto the stage. Several other things were thrown but thankfully none of them made it.

But anyways, I was in the second row until I couldn't stand the drunken douchebags around me. They would not stop talking, smoking, drinking...in fact before the show even started there was some dude fucking plowing through the crowd with his wife. During the show he was trying to use me as leverage and I was having none of it. I called the security dudes over and they like banged him against the rail and told him to get lost. Right when Wings was climaxing the security dudes were blocking my entire view of the stage because someone was smoking a cigarette or some chick constantly trying to get on her boyfriend's shoulders. The final straw for me was when people were moshing behind me during 10,000 Days. I was just like "You've got to be kidding me..." I told security to get me out, so if you recall a chick being lifted out of the front and giving the thumbs up to Tool, that was I haha.

I decided to go to the back of the floor, where the sound was SO MUCH BETTER. I could actually hear Maynard. Not to mention I actually had breathing room...christ. Lateralus was pretty much flawless. During Vicarious during that climax-y part (the "viiiiiiicaaaaarriioouuussssllllyyyyyy IIIIIIIIIIIIII.....") Maynard didn't sing it - instead he used his hand as a sort of puppet when the crowd was singing it. The irony it killed me. I lol'd. I just found it really sad when everyone went apeshit because they were playing Vicarious...but I suppose that's what radio does. But Vicarious had a really good light show. Actually, the light show in its entirety was really fucking cool. I was not expecting anything like that. Speaking of which, people need to STFU...There was a terrible singer near me when I was up front. Those kind of things are hard to block out.

If I had to give any advice it would be don't get near the stage. Morons will surround you. Tool was great but the "fans" were not whatsoever. It was especially annoying hearing everyone after the show complain about how they didn't do an encore. Why would they do an encore for you stupid fucks? I'm really pumped to see them @ Bonnaroo because there will not be a lot (if any) dumb self-proclaimed metal heads there.

Last edited by Stoned Immaculate; 06-01-2007 at 09:01 PM..
OFFLINE |  
wawaweewa
06-01-2007, 09:38 PM

ok so this was my second time seeing tool. my first was yesterday in orlando.
melt banana wasnt as funny the second time... they were just more annoying

overall i thought todays was better. i felt that in orlando, they played the songs slow for some reason which took away from the energy. tonight maynard didnt sing as well as he did in orlando though. and he didnt say a word... which is probably better than yesterdays, "please no flash photos on this song"

my seats today were far back behind the floor but when the show started, i saw no one was down in the front rows so my friends and i went down to the first row right behind the floor with a perfect dead center view of the stage. this was by far the most amazing view i could have asked for even though i couldnt see the white floor of the stage with the projections. everything was so symmetrical from where we were and the lasers, lights, screens, and band looked incredible.

jambi was great tonight, it was better than orlando. i think the video for stinkfist and the green lights look so cool. rosetta stoned is definitely kick ass live and is quite a journey of a song. wings and 10,000 days were amazing and everything was so perfect until some extremely moronic piece of shit began shining a laser pointer right onto maynards face right before he sang the very end of the song (which is the most powerful beautiful part). maynard walked off the stage and the band finished playing the song. i was pissed. lateralus was next and it is probably my favorite song but i was so aggravated by the laser pointer thing that i was kind of in a bad mood for most of it. vicarious is cool but i wish they would play one more song.

tool is definitely an entire experience that cannot be missed and my incredible seats tonight really enhanced that. it was better the second time around.

p.s. fuck the laser pointer kid

Last edited by wawaweewa; 06-01-2007 at 09:41 PM..
Old 06-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

ok so this was my second time seeing tool. my first was yesterday in orlando.
melt banana wasnt as funny the second time... they were just more annoying

overall i thought todays was better. i felt that in orlando, they played the songs slow for some reason which took away from the energy. tonight maynard didnt sing as well as he did in orlando though. and he didnt say a word... which is probably better than yesterdays, "please no flash photos on this song"

my seats today were far back behind the floor but when the show started, i saw no one was down in the front rows so my friends and i went down to the first row right behind the floor with a perfect dead center view of the stage. this was by far the most amazing view i could have asked for even though i couldnt see the white floor of the stage with the projections. everything was so symmetrical from where we were and the lasers, lights, screens, and band looked incredible.

jambi was great tonight, it was better than orlando. i think the video for stinkfist and the green lights look so cool. rosetta stoned is definitely kick ass live and is quite a journey of a song. wings and 10,000 days were amazing and everything was so perfect until some extremely moronic piece of shit began shining a laser pointer right onto maynards face right before he sang the very end of the song (which is the most powerful beautiful part). maynard walked off the stage and the band finished playing the song. i was pissed. lateralus was next and it is probably my favorite song but i was so aggravated by the laser pointer thing that i was kind of in a bad mood for most of it. vicarious is cool but i wish they would play one more song.

tool is definitely an entire experience that cannot be missed and my incredible seats tonight really enhanced that. it was better the second time around.

p.s. fuck the laser pointer kid

Last edited by wawaweewa; 06-01-2007 at 09:41 PM..
OFFLINE |  
LucyFur3d
06-01-2007, 10:08 PM

This was my 8th time seeing Tool. I was disappointed they did not play any tracks from Undertow, and minimal tracks from Aenima & Lateralus. Rosetta Stoned and 10,000 Days seemed to drag on a bit, I was expecting them to be better. The band is older, seem to have less energy. No more of Maynard's sarcastic remarks or "praying mantis" dancing movements. Right In Two and Lateralus were easily the highlights for me. Overall, I rank it a "B". I'm glad I got to see them back in the days when they were playing the older stuff, otherwise I would have been greatly disappointed.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 8th time seeing Tool. I was disappointed they did not play any tracks from Undertow, and minimal tracks from Aenima & Lateralus. Rosetta Stoned and 10,000 Days seemed to drag on a bit, I was expecting them to be better. The band is older, seem to have less energy. No more of Maynard's sarcastic remarks or "praying mantis" dancing movements. Right In Two and Lateralus were easily the highlights for me. Overall, I rank it a "B". I'm glad I got to see them back in the days when they were playing the older stuff, otherwise I would have been greatly disappointed.
OFFLINE |  
Jnierman3
06-01-2007, 10:15 PM

I wish they had played some of their older songs like Pushit or Third Eye, but Lateralus was just incredible. Just amazing. Maynard was great. Danny was great. Everyone was. Also, why does Maynard sing with his back to the audience? He never used to do that(?) Anyway, it was a great show, especially Lateralus. I can now die happy.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

I wish they had played some of their older songs like Pushit or Third Eye, but Lateralus was just incredible. Just amazing. Maynard was great. Danny was great. Everyone was. Also, why does Maynard sing with his back to the audience? He never used to do that(?) Anyway, it was a great show, especially Lateralus. I can now die happy.
OFFLINE |  
Lindsay
06-02-2007, 04:42 AM

I am so emotionally, spiritually & physcially drained from this show, I'm still in awe of TOOL's performance. I had a hard time sleeping last night, thanks to Melt Banana. My chest is still pounding from their set, but they were very good. I don't know why Maynard never talks to the crowd down here in South Florida-he's so aloof , he makes me love him even more. Best show ever-good job guys. Rock on. Peace.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:42 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

I am so emotionally, spiritually & physcially drained from this show, I'm still in awe of TOOL's performance. I had a hard time sleeping last night, thanks to Melt Banana. My chest is still pounding from their set, but they were very good. I don't know why Maynard never talks to the crowd down here in South Florida-he's so aloof , he makes me love him even more. Best show ever-good job guys. Rock on. Peace.
OFFLINE |  
CecilleBDemented's Avatar CecilleBDemented
06-02-2007, 06:43 AM

1st off, Loved Melt-Banana. Crazy Fun.

This was my 1st Tool show, and they were amazing.
Bummed there was no "Ænema", but what can you do?
Maybe the shitty weather helped put Maynard in a mood?
The drive home was hellish,since it was pouring rain, and I was in a semi-trance from the show. :D
All in all, one of the best shows I have attended.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:43 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

1st off, Loved Melt-Banana. Crazy Fun.

This was my 1st Tool show, and they were amazing.
Bummed there was no "Ænema", but what can you do?
Maybe the shitty weather helped put Maynard in a mood?
The drive home was hellish,since it was pouring rain, and I was in a semi-trance from the show. :D
All in all, one of the best shows I have attended.
OFFLINE |  
hobbitcore
06-02-2007, 07:46 AM

I dunno if they do this every night cuz no one ever mentions it but how cool was that fucking UFO landing shit where the light fixtures tilted and then sort of ascended and they had TV screens on them i think...that was fucking amazing.

That being said there was nothing special about this show...no surprises...and it was still one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Holy shit. My seats were perfect I think...further than I thought but I could see and hear everything perfectly. I found myself disappointed that they did Right in Two instead of Pushit but I'm actually glad they did cuz that song is amazing live and I've already seen Pushit. Danny's tabla solo in that song was AMAZING. Rosetta Stoned was definitely a highlight, fucking amazing song live. Jambi I think is a terrific opener, I dunno why no one agrees. It kicks shit into gear right from the get-go. It reminds me of The Grudge a lot in that way. Forty Six & 2 was amazing, of course. Wings/10kD were beautiful. A fucking beautiful evening.

I love the intro things they had for Forty Six & 2, Schism, and Vicarious. The Schism one made me think of Eon Blue Apocalypse and I got a little excited they might do The Patient, but nah. They teased Prison Sex again, bastards, haha.

But the show was definitely everything I knew and expected it would be. Probably ranks in the top 5 shows I've ever seen...hard to say so soon after but I think it was probably better than when I saw them in 2001, which was incredible. An incredibly positive, joyful evening thanks to Tool (and Cannabis :D).
Old 06-02-2007, 07:46 AM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I dunno if they do this every night cuz no one ever mentions it but how cool was that fucking UFO landing shit where the light fixtures tilted and then sort of ascended and they had TV screens on them i think...that was fucking amazing.

That being said there was nothing special about this show...no surprises...and it was still one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Holy shit. My seats were perfect I think...further than I thought but I could see and hear everything perfectly. I found myself disappointed that they did Right in Two instead of Pushit but I'm actually glad they did cuz that song is amazing live and I've already seen Pushit. Danny's tabla solo in that song was AMAZING. Rosetta Stoned was definitely a highlight, fucking amazing song live. Jambi I think is a terrific opener, I dunno why no one agrees. It kicks shit into gear right from the get-go. It reminds me of The Grudge a lot in that way. Forty Six & 2 was amazing, of course. Wings/10kD were beautiful. A fucking beautiful evening.

I love the intro things they had for Forty Six & 2, Schism, and Vicarious. The Schism one made me think of Eon Blue Apocalypse and I got a little excited they might do The Patient, but nah. They teased Prison Sex again, bastards, haha.

But the show was definitely everything I knew and expected it would be. Probably ranks in the top 5 shows I've ever seen...hard to say so soon after but I think it was probably better than when I saw them in 2001, which was incredible. An incredibly positive, joyful evening thanks to Tool (and Cannabis :D).
OFFLINE |  
orcaloverbri9
06-02-2007, 09:19 AM

The setlist above is slightly off. Here's the correct one:

Jambi
(-) Ions (about 30 seconds)
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right In Two
Wings For Marie (pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings pt 2)
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious

First Tool show. I was really hoping for Aenema, but you can't win 'em all. I'm very glad they played the Intension intro and Right In Two - it's exactly what I wanted. No full Intension, no Pushit.

Regardless, amazing show. The lasers were awesome. The crowd could've been better - a lot of people screaming, and way too many eruptions, even a few during WINGS of all things.

Maynard didn't say anything the whole show and had his back to us basically the entire time, though I noticed during Wings or 10kD at one point he was facing us. Justin sat down and bent over a lot, and Adam moved more than I would have expected.

Jambi was amazing, Rosetta Stoned was amazing, Right In Two was amazing, 10,000 Days was amazing, and Lateralus was amazing. Everything else was still great. I loved how he said "Holy fuckin' shit!" in RS, and the UFO lights kicked ass.

Maynard didn't finish 10kD, walking off before "please forgive this bold suggestion". The middle of Lateralus was a little odd...Maynard walked off behind Danny while they kept repeating the quiet riff, and then Danny played a drum solo before Maynard got back on and they continued as planned.

The show ended just before 11...does the BAC have a limit?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

The setlist above is slightly off. Here's the correct one:

Jambi
(-) Ions (about 30 seconds)
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right In Two
Wings For Marie (pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings pt 2)
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious

First Tool show. I was really hoping for Aenema, but you can't win 'em all. I'm very glad they played the Intension intro and Right In Two - it's exactly what I wanted. No full Intension, no Pushit.

Regardless, amazing show. The lasers were awesome. The crowd could've been better - a lot of people screaming, and way too many eruptions, even a few during WINGS of all things.

Maynard didn't say anything the whole show and had his back to us basically the entire time, though I noticed during Wings or 10kD at one point he was facing us. Justin sat down and bent over a lot, and Adam moved more than I would have expected.

Jambi was amazing, Rosetta Stoned was amazing, Right In Two was amazing, 10,000 Days was amazing, and Lateralus was amazing. Everything else was still great. I loved how he said "Holy fuckin' shit!" in RS, and the UFO lights kicked ass.

Maynard didn't finish 10kD, walking off before "please forgive this bold suggestion". The middle of Lateralus was a little odd...Maynard walked off behind Danny while they kept repeating the quiet riff, and then Danny played a drum solo before Maynard got back on and they continued as planned.

The show ended just before 11...does the BAC have a limit?
OFFLINE |  
wawaweewa
06-02-2007, 10:36 AM

i just want to make sure everyone knows that the reason maynard walked off the stage without finishing the end of 10,000 days was because someone put a laser pointer right in his face. its ridiculous that someone would ruin that. the entire song was so perfect and amazing and some idiot had to ruin it at the end. unbelievable
Old 06-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

i just want to make sure everyone knows that the reason maynard walked off the stage without finishing the end of 10,000 days was because someone put a laser pointer right in his face. its ridiculous that someone would ruin that. the entire song was so perfect and amazing and some idiot had to ruin it at the end. unbelievable
OFFLINE |  
thin lizard
06-02-2007, 10:42 AM

this is my 5th time seeing tool and i have to say i was happy with the show but not blown away. all the trippy noise stuff could have been replaced by actual songs (i know that they are an ecletic bunch of dudes but c'mon that stuff on the al bums i cant skip over) anyhow im not disapointed by there performance i know maynard doesnt like teh rock star persona but i would have liked to see some energy. with my rant out of the way now i have to say rosetta stoned live is quite possibly the best live thing i have ever seen them do. adam and justin are special musicians and danny is without a doubt the alien from that song he is unworldly. any how im happy i got to seethem again i just hope its not 6 more years before they come to florida again.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

this is my 5th time seeing tool and i have to say i was happy with the show but not blown away. all the trippy noise stuff could have been replaced by actual songs (i know that they are an ecletic bunch of dudes but c'mon that stuff on the al bums i cant skip over) anyhow im not disapointed by there performance i know maynard doesnt like teh rock star persona but i would have liked to see some energy. with my rant out of the way now i have to say rosetta stoned live is quite possibly the best live thing i have ever seen them do. adam and justin are special musicians and danny is without a doubt the alien from that song he is unworldly. any how im happy i got to seethem again i just hope its not 6 more years before they come to florida again.
OFFLINE |  
flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
06-02-2007, 11:17 AM

The worse Tool show I have ever seen...

We went through hell and high water to get there. LITERALLY. I don't know if people realize this, but that was a tropical storm last night. And what did we get for going through hell to get there? One of the worse crowds ever, and a reclusive performance from the band.

I was at Orlando. Tonight, Maynard never said a word. He only said some shit about cameras in Orlando. I can't believe he didn't mention the weather. They don't give a shit about their fans anymore. That's obvious.

The venue was all attractive looking, but the staff were all gangstas and clueless. In fact, I have never seen more blacks and hispanics at a Tool show. It seemed like they were all about ruining the action of a rock concert. While they stood around grabbing their dicks, we were forced to wait in long lines for everything, including getting to our seats.

It was fucked up. I'm not exaggerating either. Worse crowd and venue staff ever.

The band did put on a pretty tight show. I gave Orlando 7 out of 10. I think Sunrise gets the same. If I factored in the crowd and venue, it would be like 5 out of 10. But the band can't control those factors.

Setlist Notes:

Jambi - It was better in Orlando. The played it with more intensity in Orlando. Not bad though.

Stinkfist - Just as good as Orlando. Crowd actually responded well to it.

46&2 - Better in Orlando, but they finsihed it strong after the drum solo.

Schism - Better at this show. They screwed up the extended part in Orlando.

Rosetta Stoned - About the same as Orlando. But some drunk Puerto Rican fool punched me in the shoulder for no reason whatsoever. I had my eyes close swaying to the drums, and all the sudden, WHACK! I'm punched in the shoulder. I turned to him and called him closer. And then told him never to do that again to me or anyone. It was like babysitting drunken kids or something. It was that kind of crowd. Also, keep in mind I was in the lower level seats. Ridiculous.

Right in Two - BEST SONG OF THE NIGHT!! They played this song so damn crisp. Maynard sung every single word solid, and they band played tight. It was totally awesome. It probably made the entire show worth it. And it was fitting for that jackass rabble of an audience.

Wings 1 & 2 - Much better in Orlando. The crowd didn't give a shit. The band didn't play it as tight. The lights and lasers looked the same as Orlando. The kids loved that part. Maynard left the stage as everyone has already noted.

Lateralus - I thought the sho was going to bottom out right here. In Orlando, the show tapered off. And with the way this show was going, it looked like it would plummit to a grusesome death. But during the drum solo, Danny found some good shit. It took awhile, he was lost for a bit. But after a while, he hammered it!! It was sick. It lifted spirits WAY UP. And the NAILED the ending of Lateralus. That was another hightlight. The second half of Lateralus at this show was better than the entire song in Orlando.

Vicarious - Because of the ending to Lateralus, Vicarious kicked ass musically, and Maynard sang more. It sounded better at this show. At the very end, Maynard bent backwards in half and stuck out a puppet hand to mouth the words at the end. It was kind of funny.

My wife and I bolted after that. We didn't stick around for the usual circle jerk. I don't want to sound too critical. This is just honesty. It was this bad.

I'm not going to even bother driving up to Jacksonville. Tool isn't giving anything at their shows to make it worthwhile to sacrifice a lot to see. I wouldn't recommend seeing Tool on this tour more than one night. It feels like they are fading out instead of going out with a bang. I would have much rather seen them announce that this was the last tour, then not know for sure and only give mere glimpses of what Tool has been for the past 15+ years.

Oh well... Thanks for all the great years and memories Tool! Maybe something else will be born after Tool sadly fades away. I truly hope so!
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL

Last edited by flipmojo; 06-02-2007 at 12:03 PM..
Old 06-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

The worse Tool show I have ever seen...

We went through hell and high water to get there. LITERALLY. I don't know if people realize this, but that was a tropical storm last night. And what did we get for going through hell to get there? One of the worse crowds ever, and a reclusive performance from the band.

I was at Orlando. Tonight, Maynard never said a word. He only said some shit about cameras in Orlando. I can't believe he didn't mention the weather. They don't give a shit about their fans anymore. That's obvious.

The venue was all attractive looking, but the staff were all gangstas and clueless. In fact, I have never seen more blacks and hispanics at a Tool show. It seemed like they were all about ruining the action of a rock concert. While they stood around grabbing their dicks, we were forced to wait in long lines for everything, including getting to our seats.

It was fucked up. I'm not exaggerating either. Worse crowd and venue staff ever.

The band did put on a pretty tight show. I gave Orlando 7 out of 10. I think Sunrise gets the same. If I factored in the crowd and venue, it would be like 5 out of 10. But the band can't control those factors.

Setlist Notes:

Jambi - It was better in Orlando. The played it with more intensity in Orlando. Not bad though.

Stinkfist - Just as good as Orlando. Crowd actually responded well to it.

46&2 - Better in Orlando, but they finsihed it strong after the drum solo.

Schism - Better at this show. They screwed up the extended part in Orlando.

Rosetta Stoned - About the same as Orlando. But some drunk Puerto Rican fool punched me in the shoulder for no reason whatsoever. I had my eyes close swaying to the drums, and all the sudden, WHACK! I'm punched in the shoulder. I turned to him and called him closer. And then told him never to do that again to me or anyone. It was like babysitting drunken kids or something. It was that kind of crowd. Also, keep in mind I was in the lower level seats. Ridiculous.

Right in Two - BEST SONG OF THE NIGHT!! They played this song so damn crisp. Maynard sung every single word solid, and they band played tight. It was totally awesome. It probably made the entire show worth it. And it was fitting for that jackass rabble of an audience.

Wings 1 & 2 - Much better in Orlando. The crowd didn't give a shit. The band didn't play it as tight. The lights and lasers looked the same as Orlando. The kids loved that part. Maynard left the stage as everyone has already noted.

Lateralus - I thought the sho was going to bottom out right here. In Orlando, the show tapered off. And with the way this show was going, it looked like it would plummit to a grusesome death. But during the drum solo, Danny found some good shit. It took awhile, he was lost for a bit. But after a while, he hammered it!! It was sick. It lifted spirits WAY UP. And the NAILED the ending of Lateralus. That was another hightlight. The second half of Lateralus at this show was better than the entire song in Orlando.

Vicarious - Because of the ending to Lateralus, Vicarious kicked ass musically, and Maynard sang more. It sounded better at this show. At the very end, Maynard bent backwards in half and stuck out a puppet hand to mouth the words at the end. It was kind of funny.

My wife and I bolted after that. We didn't stick around for the usual circle jerk. I don't want to sound too critical. This is just honesty. It was this bad.

I'm not going to even bother driving up to Jacksonville. Tool isn't giving anything at their shows to make it worthwhile to sacrifice a lot to see. I wouldn't recommend seeing Tool on this tour more than one night. It feels like they are fading out instead of going out with a bang. I would have much rather seen them announce that this was the last tour, then not know for sure and only give mere glimpses of what Tool has been for the past 15+ years.

Oh well... Thanks for all the great years and memories Tool! Maybe something else will be born after Tool sadly fades away. I truly hope so!
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL

Last edited by flipmojo; 06-02-2007 at 12:03 PM..
OFFLINE |  
GreyStr0ke
06-04-2007, 09:12 AM

I attened the Tool show in Sunrise, Florida. I walked into the Bank Atlantic Center with 5 minutes to spare before Tool began to play. We found our seats in section 102 which eneded up being aisle seats and turned out to be perfect.

The sound was incredible as well as the lighting effects. Everyone else has pretty much explained all the details of the show so I will go straight into what I didn't like about it.

Maynard not saying a word to the crowd the entire time was fine. I could care less what he has to say anyway, but to not even face the crowd one time is just flat out disrespectful to us paying fans. I don't think it's artistic or mysterious or even weird. It's just rude. A lot of people payed good money to go and for the lead singer to hide behind the drum kit and face the screen like a pansy the entire time was just not cool in my book.

Other then that the show was amazing but could have been better if they did away with a few of the songs off of 10,000 days and added some more from Opiate, Undertow or Aenema.

Overall: 7 out of 10
Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

I attened the Tool show in Sunrise, Florida. I walked into the Bank Atlantic Center with 5 minutes to spare before Tool began to play. We found our seats in section 102 which eneded up being aisle seats and turned out to be perfect.

The sound was incredible as well as the lighting effects. Everyone else has pretty much explained all the details of the show so I will go straight into what I didn't like about it.

Maynard not saying a word to the crowd the entire time was fine. I could care less what he has to say anyway, but to not even face the crowd one time is just flat out disrespectful to us paying fans. I don't think it's artistic or mysterious or even weird. It's just rude. A lot of people payed good money to go and for the lead singer to hide behind the drum kit and face the screen like a pansy the entire time was just not cool in my book.

Other then that the show was amazing but could have been better if they did away with a few of the songs off of 10,000 days and added some more from Opiate, Undertow or Aenema.

Overall: 7 out of 10
OFFLINE |  
newyork4311
06-06-2007, 09:13 PM

this was my first TOOL show and probably the best concert ive been too. Well i had floor seats and standing in the rain before the show started sucked ass. Once the doors opened I bought the 38 $ shirt which was way overpriced. I got pretty close to the stage maybe 4 rows back near Justin. Now I heard many things about Melt Banana and i believe they are fuckin weird. Couldnt understand one word and they made stupid noises for about 10 minutes straight. Then finally tool came on and they started with jambi. Great opener and the crowd was into it. Also when the show started everyone was smoking cannibis it was hilarious. Next was stinkist and it was amazing as always. Schism was ok but i think they should switch it for something like the grudge or the patient. Rosetta Stoned was crazy live. Loved everything about it. Also moshing started in that song. 10000 days was a once in a lifetime experience. The lasers and effects were amazing. The only bad part is Maynard didnt finish the song because of the faggot pointing that laser. Go Die. Lateralus was tight and onpoint. Except for the moshing. It was hilarious seeing a bunch of guys on drugs killing each other. Then Vicarious. Hands down best part of the night. Didnt sing the VICARIOUSLY I LIVE ... part. But the moshing was crazy. Probably the whole front to middle on the floor was moshing. All in all it was a great show with the few exceptions like Maynard not talking and no undertow or opiate
Old 06-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

this was my first TOOL show and probably the best concert ive been too. Well i had floor seats and standing in the rain before the show started sucked ass. Once the doors opened I bought the 38 $ shirt which was way overpriced. I got pretty close to the stage maybe 4 rows back near Justin. Now I heard many things about Melt Banana and i believe they are fuckin weird. Couldnt understand one word and they made stupid noises for about 10 minutes straight. Then finally tool came on and they started with jambi. Great opener and the crowd was into it. Also when the show started everyone was smoking cannibis it was hilarious. Next was stinkist and it was amazing as always. Schism was ok but i think they should switch it for something like the grudge or the patient. Rosetta Stoned was crazy live. Loved everything about it. Also moshing started in that song. 10000 days was a once in a lifetime experience. The lasers and effects were amazing. The only bad part is Maynard didnt finish the song because of the faggot pointing that laser. Go Die. Lateralus was tight and onpoint. Except for the moshing. It was hilarious seeing a bunch of guys on drugs killing each other. Then Vicarious. Hands down best part of the night. Didnt sing the VICARIOUSLY I LIVE ... part. But the moshing was crazy. Probably the whole front to middle on the floor was moshing. All in all it was a great show with the few exceptions like Maynard not talking and no undertow or opiate
OFFLINE |  
cuzzi
06-07-2007, 04:21 AM

Great show from all members of the band. This was my 8th Tool show since 1998, and third in the past 8 months. I will always be a huge fan of Tool, however, my respect of Maynard is not as high as it used to be. Tool fans shelled out about $70 a ticket to see him stare at the back wall the entire performance, not to mention he did not address the crowd once during the show! Also, he was the first band member of the stage that night. I understand we all have bad days, but it seems like he is pissed every day. If he gave a shit about the fans that made him rich, the least he could do is give a whole-hearted performance. He didn't even try to sing the end of Vicarious. If it were not for Danny, I think I would much rather remember all the great Tool perfomances of the past, rather then attend more Tool shows. If you've never seen Tool, I still recommend seeeing them. Just don't expext much from Maynard.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:21 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show from all members of the band. This was my 8th Tool show since 1998, and third in the past 8 months. I will always be a huge fan of Tool, however, my respect of Maynard is not as high as it used to be. Tool fans shelled out about $70 a ticket to see him stare at the back wall the entire performance, not to mention he did not address the crowd once during the show! Also, he was the first band member of the stage that night. I understand we all have bad days, but it seems like he is pissed every day. If he gave a shit about the fans that made him rich, the least he could do is give a whole-hearted performance. He didn't even try to sing the end of Vicarious. If it were not for Danny, I think I would much rather remember all the great Tool perfomances of the past, rather then attend more Tool shows. If you've never seen Tool, I still recommend seeeing them. Just don't expext much from Maynard.
OFFLINE |  
TGangsta
06-07-2007, 05:50 AM

First Tool show, been a fan since Undertow and have at least one Tool CD in my car for over a dozen years. Was bummed nothing from Opiate or Undertow and no Aenima but they are an eccentric bunch. The new stuff kicks ass live.

For those of you who have never seen a Tool show, they are the least animated band on the planet (video not incl.). Danny is the entire show in my opinion, I spent the entire show staring at his drumming an amazement. The odd part is Adam is ripping up some heavy tunes and looks to be standing in line at the grocery store..........Maynard actually stands behind the drum kit and doesn't even turn around to look at the crowd. The people I was with said it was stagefright........but, we know he is just from another dimension of reality!
Old 06-07-2007, 05:50 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

First Tool show, been a fan since Undertow and have at least one Tool CD in my car for over a dozen years. Was bummed nothing from Opiate or Undertow and no Aenima but they are an eccentric bunch. The new stuff kicks ass live.

For those of you who have never seen a Tool show, they are the least animated band on the planet (video not incl.). Danny is the entire show in my opinion, I spent the entire show staring at his drumming an amazement. The odd part is Adam is ripping up some heavy tunes and looks to be standing in line at the grocery store..........Maynard actually stands behind the drum kit and doesn't even turn around to look at the crowd. The people I was with said it was stagefright........but, we know he is just from another dimension of reality!
OFFLINE |  
DIOMED
06-07-2007, 08:02 AM

Heres the revised Setlist
Jambi
(-) Ions (less than a minute)
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right In Two
Wings For Marie (pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings pt 2)
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Great show. In all a completely cathartic experience. Theres was no talk, TOOL was all business this time, no typical dry irony or humorous annecdotes by Maynard...but they gave me my moneys worth. As noted maynard started off with Jambi doing a dance to the intro that resembled something elvis would've done in his latter days. The 6 screens exploded with images of fire, which i really liked. I wasnt very impressed with stinkfist I didnt even bother to sing along...almost felt like a cliche. This is my 2nd show and I was excited when they ripped into 46&2. Schism was great...by that time a fellow marsian had shared some botswana home-grow with me, so I really jammed with the extended version. I didnt become mystified until Lost Keys, the intro really put me in a trance. I remember looking around and seeing the mesmerized faces of those around me...i thought about church and then i thought about the similarities between that and re-education camps. About a minute into Lost Keys the 3 circular lights above the stage began tilting forward. At first i thought of how comical they were...made to resemble UFO's, but the spiritual side of it all made me think maybe they were suggesting something about the Trinity. The visual art was amazing, there was a lot of use of sacred geometry as well as dissectional art in the background. Rosetta Stoned was by far the hightlight of the night...'HOLY FUCKING SHIT'... I was on the floor about 5 or 6 rows back and completely bewildered. The laser show was incredible, they kept shooting more and more fog to try to intensify the effect. Im not sure if anyone else noticed, but the initial pattern of lasers formed the top part of a pentagram and was centered directly with the stage. Right in Two was right on point...2nd best for the night. Wings for Marie and 10,000 days were very emotional/spiritual. Id like to meet the retard who thought it was funny to shine a laser in maynards eyes. I know TOOL doesnt condone, but i couldnt help myself from getting in the mosh during lateralus. It was interesting watching the neo-nazis do their stomper dance in the pit, I enjoyed dropping a few of them. Vicarious was great, but again I felt it was cliched, so I said what the hell and went back in the pit.
Great show. Might go see them again in chicago. Until then...
Old 06-07-2007, 08:02 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Heres the revised Setlist
Jambi
(-) Ions (less than a minute)
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension intro
Right In Two
Wings For Marie (pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings pt 2)
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Great show. In all a completely cathartic experience. Theres was no talk, TOOL was all business this time, no typical dry irony or humorous annecdotes by Maynard...but they gave me my moneys worth. As noted maynard started off with Jambi doing a dance to the intro that resembled something elvis would've done in his latter days. The 6 screens exploded with images of fire, which i really liked. I wasnt very impressed with stinkfist I didnt even bother to sing along...almost felt like a cliche. This is my 2nd show and I was excited when they ripped into 46&2. Schism was great...by that time a fellow marsian had shared some botswana home-grow with me, so I really jammed with the extended version. I didnt become mystified until Lost Keys, the intro really put me in a trance. I remember looking around and seeing the mesmerized faces of those around me...i thought about church and then i thought about the similarities between that and re-education camps. About a minute into Lost Keys the 3 circular lights above the stage began tilting forward. At first i thought of how comical they were...made to resemble UFO's, but the spiritual side of it all made me think maybe they were suggesting something about the Trinity. The visual art was amazing, there was a lot of use of sacred geometry as well as dissectional art in the background. Rosetta Stoned was by far the hightlight of the night...'HOLY FUCKING SHIT'... I was on the floor about 5 or 6 rows back and completely bewildered. The laser show was incredible, they kept shooting more and more fog to try to intensify the effect. Im not sure if anyone else noticed, but the initial pattern of lasers formed the top part of a pentagram and was centered directly with the stage. Right in Two was right on point...2nd best for the night. Wings for Marie and 10,000 days were very emotional/spiritual. Id like to meet the retard who thought it was funny to shine a laser in maynards eyes. I know TOOL doesnt condone, but i couldnt help myself from getting in the mosh during lateralus. It was interesting watching the neo-nazis do their stomper dance in the pit, I enjoyed dropping a few of them. Vicarious was great, but again I felt it was cliched, so I said what the hell and went back in the pit.
Great show. Might go see them again in chicago. Until then...
OFFLINE |  
spiral-out
06-07-2007, 09:58 AM

This was my first Tool show. I have been waiting to see them live since I was a teenager so this was a big deal for me. And I was both impressed and irritated.

I think the band was AMAZING. There were some minor issues...but these things are only to be expected from such intricate, complex songs. The visuals and effects that went on were well worth the money spent...the setlist was great... and this girl went home happy, if not a little deaf from Melt Bannana.

First off, I don't blame Maynard for having his back to the audience almost the whole time...this was the most disrespectful audience I have ever witnessed in all of my concert going years. (My boyfriend and I were on the floor and for whatever reason it seemed like all the ignorant testosterone filled drunken frat boys were EVERYWHERE we turned). WHY would you mosh to Tool???? This is supposed to be an experience. And the cell phone picture/movie taking is MORE then annoying.
But the lighter break was surreal.

And if some dipshit shined a laser pointer thing in my eye...I don't think I would act too cordial or be too pleased to finish my set either. I wish people as a whole weren't so rude. But I have just moved to Florida from Boston, and am beginning to find that Florida people just seem to be more rude then most. (sorry if that offends... it's just my opinion, as it seems that whom ever I see play in Massachusetts gives some of the best shows of their tours, due in part to the appreciative audiences.)

I am going to see them play in Mass this July and look forward to a better crowd.
And hopefully, Maynard and the band will be in better spirits. Yet even with the slight problems...this was one of the best concerts I have ever seen.

Last edited by spiral-out; 06-07-2007 at 10:08 AM..
Old 06-07-2007, 09:58 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first Tool show. I have been waiting to see them live since I was a teenager so this was a big deal for me. And I was both impressed and irritated.

I think the band was AMAZING. There were some minor issues...but these things are only to be expected from such intricate, complex songs. The visuals and effects that went on were well worth the money spent...the setlist was great... and this girl went home happy, if not a little deaf from Melt Bannana.

First off, I don't blame Maynard for having his back to the audience almost the whole time...this was the most disrespectful audience I have ever witnessed in all of my concert going years. (My boyfriend and I were on the floor and for whatever reason it seemed like all the ignorant testosterone filled drunken frat boys were EVERYWHERE we turned). WHY would you mosh to Tool???? This is supposed to be an experience. And the cell phone picture/movie taking is MORE then annoying.
But the lighter break was surreal.

And if some dipshit shined a laser pointer thing in my eye...I don't think I would act too cordial or be too pleased to finish my set either. I wish people as a whole weren't so rude. But I have just moved to Florida from Boston, and am beginning to find that Florida people just seem to be more rude then most. (sorry if that offends... it's just my opinion, as it seems that whom ever I see play in Massachusetts gives some of the best shows of their tours, due in part to the appreciative audiences.)

I am going to see them play in Mass this July and look forward to a better crowd.
And hopefully, Maynard and the band will be in better spirits. Yet even with the slight problems...this was one of the best concerts I have ever seen.

Last edited by spiral-out; 06-07-2007 at 10:08 AM..
OFFLINE |  
OGT_71
06-07-2007, 11:38 AM

Maynard enough with you standing with your back to your fans. It’s getting old. The eye is the window to the soul (so use it). You reach inside with your words, you deliver it with a fantastic voice, and you COULD complete the connection by looking at us instead of the freaking screen behind you. There are 5 thousand eyes watching you guys, how about taking a good long look at us... but yet you turn your back to your fans. Justin, Adam, and Danny were all amazing and they really came through with some tight shit. How about stop being so sensitive and go back the days when you were there “with” us.

I was in 114 row 12. To the smacktards talking in row 13 during Wings, Im the one that told you to STFU a couple of times. I’m glad you got the message. To the mother at daughter behind me, I’m sorry for swearing in your direction, but it’s the only way idiots like that will listen. Otherwise it was a great Show. Even for a so-so tool show its better then anything else out there.

Melted Banana: I dig you guys, reminds me of old school punk rock mixed with killer guitar effects and feedback overlays. The singer was sick with her unique voice. Killer set.

For those of you that didn't notice: Maynard also left out a key part of 46 and 2

Yes this crowd was full of jerk-offs but getting a laser pointer pointed at you doesnt warrent stopping singing and hiding behind the drummer. He is the front man wether he likes it or not, he needs to learn to "take it on the chin" for the 99 percent of us out there that do respect them.

Not to mention the 30+ minutes of a 3 note feedback session. They could have played 2 more songs. Flood would have been appropriate since we had to drive in a tropical storm to and from the show.

Yes So FLa is full of jackassy people but the majority of them are transplants from the new england area.

Peace.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

Maynard enough with you standing with your back to your fans. It’s getting old. The eye is the window to the soul (so use it). You reach inside with your words, you deliver it with a fantastic voice, and you COULD complete the connection by looking at us instead of the freaking screen behind you. There are 5 thousand eyes watching you guys, how about taking a good long look at us... but yet you turn your back to your fans. Justin, Adam, and Danny were all amazing and they really came through with some tight shit. How about stop being so sensitive and go back the days when you were there “with” us.

I was in 114 row 12. To the smacktards talking in row 13 during Wings, Im the one that told you to STFU a couple of times. I’m glad you got the message. To the mother at daughter behind me, I’m sorry for swearing in your direction, but it’s the only way idiots like that will listen. Otherwise it was a great Show. Even for a so-so tool show its better then anything else out there.

Melted Banana: I dig you guys, reminds me of old school punk rock mixed with killer guitar effects and feedback overlays. The singer was sick with her unique voice. Killer set.

For those of you that didn't notice: Maynard also left out a key part of 46 and 2

Yes this crowd was full of jerk-offs but getting a laser pointer pointed at you doesnt warrent stopping singing and hiding behind the drummer. He is the front man wether he likes it or not, he needs to learn to "take it on the chin" for the 99 percent of us out there that do respect them.

Not to mention the 30+ minutes of a 3 note feedback session. They could have played 2 more songs. Flood would have been appropriate since we had to drive in a tropical storm to and from the show.

Yes So FLa is full of jackassy people but the majority of them are transplants from the new england area.

Peace.
OFFLINE |  
maxthruput's Avatar maxthruput
06-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Like I stated in the discussion ...Maynard needs to stop with this back turning shit...he's not Miles Davis. At least he could get away with it, although Ive heard people say that he was an arrogant prick for doing it.

Anyway, on to the review...After seeing 5 Tool shows in Florida since '98 and a few in other parts of the country I can say that they have slowly evolved into quite the artsy band. Maybe, next time they will build a big wall around the stage while they're playing and blow it up at the end of the show? I was at the Sunrise show in '01....the upper level was completely unsold! '07 was nearly sold out....It seems that whatever they're doing is working so why change it?

The crowd was full of the typical south florida trash...spoiled fucking rejects from around the world who think with their mouths open. The venue staff was typical of south florida...low paid, low mentality, "special work program" types who harrassed only those that appeared peaceful & respectful.

On the positive side, the sound was very crisp where I was seated. The visuals were spot on as was the bands performance. Wish they would've changed the set list for us....When I heard them start "Right in Two" I bolted...There's only so much of the new album I can take...Lateralus is a nice song but, not worth sitting through 10kdays..IMO. Pushit or Flood could've changed that for me.

My 1 and only Tool show for 10KD...not bad but, not like '01 or '02 or even '98. I miss the old days more and more....peace

Last edited by maxthruput; 06-07-2007 at 02:14 PM..
Old 06-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #23
got poopy? (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 7

Like I stated in the discussion ...Maynard needs to stop with this back turning shit...he's not Miles Davis. At least he could get away with it, although Ive heard people say that he was an arrogant prick for doing it.

Anyway, on to the review...After seeing 5 Tool shows in Florida since '98 and a few in other parts of the country I can say that they have slowly evolved into quite the artsy band. Maybe, next time they will build a big wall around the stage while they're playing and blow it up at the end of the show? I was at the Sunrise show in '01....the upper level was completely unsold! '07 was nearly sold out....It seems that whatever they're doing is working so why change it?

The crowd was full of the typical south florida trash...spoiled fucking rejects from around the world who think with their mouths open. The venue staff was typical of south florida...low paid, low mentality, "special work program" types who harrassed only those that appeared peaceful & respectful.

On the positive side, the sound was very crisp where I was seated. The visuals were spot on as was the bands performance. Wish they would've changed the set list for us....When I heard them start "Right in Two" I bolted...There's only so much of the new album I can take...Lateralus is a nice song but, not worth sitting through 10kdays..IMO. Pushit or Flood could've changed that for me.

My 1 and only Tool show for 10KD...not bad but, not like '01 or '02 or even '98. I miss the old days more and more....peace

Last edited by maxthruput; 06-07-2007 at 02:14 PM..
OFFLINE |  
thewildsexperience's Avatar thewildsexperience
06-12-2007, 05:02 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! to coin a phrase. First tool show since 'palooza '94 at The Meadowlands. Man, have I been missing out. Not even the torrential downpoor could ruin this one. Show was great, beginning to end. Jambi was a killer opener. The throwback to Stinkfist, Forty-six & 2 and Schism was great. The whole light segment leading into Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned was killer. It really set the atmosphere. Not sure as to why the last lines of 10,000 days were omitted. Hmmmm. Vicarious was a great close. I thought the half-crescent thing at the end by Keenan was creative.
In closing, did anyone run across the glowing yellow chemichals mixed up in the parking lot water after the show? I got home and my socks were glowing. Real Area 51...How fitting.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! to coin a phrase. First tool show since 'palooza '94 at The Meadowlands. Man, have I been missing out. Not even the torrential downpoor could ruin this one. Show was great, beginning to end. Jambi was a killer opener. The throwback to Stinkfist, Forty-six & 2 and Schism was great. The whole light segment leading into Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned was killer. It really set the atmosphere. Not sure as to why the last lines of 10,000 days were omitted. Hmmmm. Vicarious was a great close. I thought the half-crescent thing at the end by Keenan was creative.
In closing, did anyone run across the glowing yellow chemichals mixed up in the parking lot water after the show? I got home and my socks were glowing. Real Area 51...How fitting.
OFFLINE |  
maddog00003
06-13-2007, 01:42 PM

First of all, TOOL is the best damn band out there, live and in studio. The artistic chemistry that these four individuals have is amazing. I’ve been a fan of TOOL ever since 2001, and this is my second show.
I was right in the front row, which was cool for the experience, but I sacrificed some sound; the vocals and Danny’s mandala pads were harder to here, but everything else sounded great. I was 10 rows back for the show in 2002, and that was the PERFECT place to be—but being so close here was WAY amazing.
Everyone has to know that South Florida, especially around Miami in particular, is HORRIBLE for rock—lots of people have no fucking clue what they’re talking about, and going to this concert proved it. I’m originally from IL, and the fans are much more knowledgeable, respectful, and therefore bands treat those fans excellent, as opposed to the shitty way almost everyone deserves to get treated down here.
We’re all fucking LUCKY that Maynard didn’t walk off for the ENTIRE show after some fucking asshole shined a goddamn laser pointer in his eyes in 10,000 Days. That was the most amazing thing I have seen them play live, and it would have been up a notch if that fucking loser didn’t do that shit—he can “die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.” Seriously, dude, get a life…
The songs were amazing, and I can’t believe there are actually non-musicians or anyone for that matter who have the balls to critique a TOOL performance and said that something blows—there are MANY things that can go wrong at a concert, and of course TOOL puts their best fucking effort into it to see that they have an amazing show—btw, BEST LIGHT SHOW ever, period—the mirrors on the floors, UFO lights, and everything really kicked ass—at least those people higher up had an intense visual experience, and probably better sound than where I was—good idea from TOOL.
The fans just need to get a fucking clue: Moshing during TOOL songs? Laser pointers? Off key, drunk ass stoners singing? Come the FUCK on—no wonder we were all treated like ass, and Maynard didn’t say a word—extremely disrespectful and musically CLUELESS audience—I would have done the same, only I would have LEFT after some dickless moron shined a laser pointer in my eye while I’m trying to spiritually connect w/ the audience on a song about the death of my mother—I was very grateful that Maynard came on again at all.
Lastly, I hope noone ever has the fucking gall to say that Danny Carey “played bad,” “was LOST,” or whatever other shit I’ve seen in the posts. If any of you were a drummer, you would know that he is the goddamn cerebrum for that band—he’s doing TONS of shit, fiddling w/ the Jacob’s Ladder, playing poly-rhythms on many of his mandala pads, fiddling w/ his samples, queuing the band, and IMPROVISING during his solos—the guy’s not fucking lost, he’s exploring the energy of the set and letting whatever happens naturally happen—uninhibited playing—GREAT STUFF—and if you ever hear a fucking “mistake,” you should feel grateful.
Oh, and I forgot: THAT FUCKING OPENING BAND MELTING BANANA SIMPLY BLEW ASS. They fucking SUCKED—the guitarist just shit all over himself, the drummer fucking blew, but, the bass player was pretty sweet. Overall, they’re HORRIBLE—almost any band who opens for TOOL should take that as a slap in the face, because it means you REALLY suck—TOOL probably just does this so the fans are even more enamored when they take the stage. Unless of course ur King Crimson—THAT would have been a show and a half. Anyway, GREAT show, going to IL next time.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

First of all, TOOL is the best damn band out there, live and in studio. The artistic chemistry that these four individuals have is amazing. I’ve been a fan of TOOL ever since 2001, and this is my second show.
I was right in the front row, which was cool for the experience, but I sacrificed some sound; the vocals and Danny’s mandala pads were harder to here, but everything else sounded great. I was 10 rows back for the show in 2002, and that was the PERFECT place to be—but being so close here was WAY amazing.
Everyone has to know that South Florida, especially around Miami in particular, is HORRIBLE for rock—lots of people have no fucking clue what they’re talking about, and going to this concert proved it. I’m originally from IL, and the fans are much more knowledgeable, respectful, and therefore bands treat those fans excellent, as opposed to the shitty way almost everyone deserves to get treated down here.
We’re all fucking LUCKY that Maynard didn’t walk off for the ENTIRE show after some fucking asshole shined a goddamn laser pointer in his eyes in 10,000 Days. That was the most amazing thing I have seen them play live, and it would have been up a notch if that fucking loser didn’t do that shit—he can “die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.” Seriously, dude, get a life…
The songs were amazing, and I can’t believe there are actually non-musicians or anyone for that matter who have the balls to critique a TOOL performance and said that something blows—there are MANY things that can go wrong at a concert, and of course TOOL puts their best fucking effort into it to see that they have an amazing show—btw, BEST LIGHT SHOW ever, period—the mirrors on the floors, UFO lights, and everything really kicked ass—at least those people higher up had an intense visual experience, and probably better sound than where I was—good idea from TOOL.
The fans just need to get a fucking clue: Moshing during TOOL songs? Laser pointers? Off key, drunk ass stoners singing? Come the FUCK on—no wonder we were all treated like ass, and Maynard didn’t say a word—extremely disrespectful and musically CLUELESS audience—I would have done the same, only I would have LEFT after some dickless moron shined a laser pointer in my eye while I’m trying to spiritually connect w/ the audience on a song about the death of my mother—I was very grateful that Maynard came on again at all.
Lastly, I hope noone ever has the fucking gall to say that Danny Carey “played bad,” “was LOST,” or whatever other shit I’ve seen in the posts. If any of you were a drummer, you would know that he is the goddamn cerebrum for that band—he’s doing TONS of shit, fiddling w/ the Jacob’s Ladder, playing poly-rhythms on many of his mandala pads, fiddling w/ his samples, queuing the band, and IMPROVISING during his solos—the guy’s not fucking lost, he’s exploring the energy of the set and letting whatever happens naturally happen—uninhibited playing—GREAT STUFF—and if you ever hear a fucking “mistake,” you should feel grateful.
Oh, and I forgot: THAT FUCKING OPENING BAND MELTING BANANA SIMPLY BLEW ASS. They fucking SUCKED—the guitarist just shit all over himself, the drummer fucking blew, but, the bass player was pretty sweet. Overall, they’re HORRIBLE—almost any band who opens for TOOL should take that as a slap in the face, because it means you REALLY suck—TOOL probably just does this so the fans are even more enamored when they take the stage. Unless of course ur King Crimson—THAT would have been a show and a half. Anyway, GREAT show, going to IL next time.
OFFLINE |  
5POINT56
06-14-2007, 03:56 AM

I've been seeing Tool play live since Opiate. 8 shows total, spanning quite a few years. And though I had a good time seeing them again, it was probably the worst show I have ever seen of there's.....due exclusively to Maynard.

Turning his back to the audience for the entire show was just ridiculous. Get over yourself dude. The rest of the band played an inspired performance and sounded just great. Even Maynard sounded pretty good....but the way he acted on stage was flat out stupid.

I have gotten over the Vegas style production and relegated the personal raw feeling to shows of the distant past. I'm not thrilled about the mega arena setting, but with fame and success, thats just the way things go. No faulting them about that.

Danny as usual was all pro...he tore it up, as did the rest of the band. But I'm a little disappointed in the band that they seem to have chosen this inflexible, predetermined set list that has largely gone unchanged from one corner of the world to the other. Its as though Opiate and Undertow are no longer relivant to them...as though they've outgrown those songs. Certainly the bands choice to do so....but it's just very disappointing.

And if they don't care to play songs from those albums, cool...but why not mix the set list up from night to night a lot more? Going to see a band like Tool and knowing well in advance what songs they're 99% likely to play sucked. Even if they only mix up their newer stuff....no problem...just make some effort to not robotically go through a tour with some stone monument of a set list. The songs were good...dont get me wrong....but between Maynard acting like a spoiled child and the set list handed down from god....it left a lot to be desired.

It was my girlfriends 1st show and she couldn't have been more excited to see them...and I couldn't have been happier to take her...but we both left feeling like we got slightly ripped off.

Its more than just about good sound and good musical talent. Its about giving a shit enough to <gasp> not appear to have disdain for the audience by doing the ENTIRE show with your back to the crowd. We waited a long time to see our favorite band, paid a lot of money for our seats and have been very loyal fans of theres for a very long time. Maynard absolutely let these two fans down in a big way.

For those "Anything Maynard does is for a VERY good reason, stop bitching" crowd...I disagree entirely. He acted like a spoiled child and I lost a lot of respect for him. The rest of the band was very professional, sounded great and actually bothered to stay on stage after the show to thank everyone for coming. Maynard had other plans.

Tool is still just amazing to me, but I left the arena that night thinking to myself "what a shame".

No band gets props for just showing up and playing...its their fuckin job. While the rest of the band really gave the crowd what they hoped for, Maynard detracted from the show in a BIG way. He gets no props from me. He acted like a fool.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:56 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

I've been seeing Tool play live since Opiate. 8 shows total, spanning quite a few years. And though I had a good time seeing them again, it was probably the worst show I have ever seen of there's.....due exclusively to Maynard.

Turning his back to the audience for the entire show was just ridiculous. Get over yourself dude. The rest of the band played an inspired performance and sounded just great. Even Maynard sounded pretty good....but the way he acted on stage was flat out stupid.

I have gotten over the Vegas style production and relegated the personal raw feeling to shows of the distant past. I'm not thrilled about the mega arena setting, but with fame and success, thats just the way things go. No faulting them about that.

Danny as usual was all pro...he tore it up, as did the rest of the band. But I'm a little disappointed in the band that they seem to have chosen this inflexible, predetermined set list that has largely gone unchanged from one corner of the world to the other. Its as though Opiate and Undertow are no longer relivant to them...as though they've outgrown those songs. Certainly the bands choice to do so....but it's just very disappointing.

And if they don't care to play songs from those albums, cool...but why not mix the set list up from night to night a lot more? Going to see a band like Tool and knowing well in advance what songs they're 99% likely to play sucked. Even if they only mix up their newer stuff....no problem...just make some effort to not robotically go through a tour with some stone monument of a set list. The songs were good...dont get me wrong....but between Maynard acting like a spoiled child and the set list handed down from god....it left a lot to be desired.

It was my girlfriends 1st show and she couldn't have been more excited to see them...and I couldn't have been happier to take her...but we both left feeling like we got slightly ripped off.

Its more than just about good sound and good musical talent. Its about giving a shit enough to <gasp> not appear to have disdain for the audience by doing the ENTIRE show with your back to the crowd. We waited a long time to see our favorite band, paid a lot of money for our seats and have been very loyal fans of theres for a very long time. Maynard absolutely let these two fans down in a big way.

For those "Anything Maynard does is for a VERY good reason, stop bitching" crowd...I disagree entirely. He acted like a spoiled child and I lost a lot of respect for him. The rest of the band was very professional, sounded great and actually bothered to stay on stage after the show to thank everyone for coming. Maynard had other plans.

Tool is still just amazing to me, but I left the arena that night thinking to myself "what a shame".

No band gets props for just showing up and playing...its their fuckin job. While the rest of the band really gave the crowd what they hoped for, Maynard detracted from the show in a BIG way. He gets no props from me. He acted like a fool.
OFFLINE |  
flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
07-15-2007, 05:20 PM

I think Florida was a turning point on this tour. They were just playing the songs and leaving at this point of the tour. I was SO PISSED AFTER THIS SHOW!! I had never seen the band acting like zombie robots before until this show. I walked out at the end of Vicarious in total disgust.

But things changed after Florida. Maynard started talking to the crowd more, and the shows seem to have LIVENED UP. I hope I don't have to be the one to throw tomatoes again when they come to town. It sucks doing that to one of your favorite bands of all time.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:20 PM   #27
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

I think Florida was a turning point on this tour. They were just playing the songs and leaving at this point of the tour. I was SO PISSED AFTER THIS SHOW!! I had never seen the band acting like zombie robots before until this show. I walked out at the end of Vicarious in total disgust.

But things changed after Florida. Maynard started talking to the crowd more, and the shows seem to have LIVENED UP. I hope I don't have to be the one to throw tomatoes again when they come to town. It sucks doing that to one of your favorite bands of all time.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply