Password
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
12-16-2006, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
OSI
Indukti
Dead Soul Tribe

eh, I guess those are the most obvious tool knock-offs in prog rock/metal. They have the same tension/release builds and climaxes, odd-time signatures, downtuned guitars, etc. The only one I like somewhat is Indukti, for being largely instrumental and having a violin player.
havent heard the other 2, but i fail to see how Tool is similar to OSI. to me they're VERy deifferent
Old 12-16-2006, 06:32 AM   #41
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310
Re: What 3 bands is Tool most similar to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
OSI
Indukti
Dead Soul Tribe

eh, I guess those are the most obvious tool knock-offs in prog rock/metal. They have the same tension/release builds and climaxes, odd-time signatures, downtuned guitars, etc. The only one I like somewhat is Indukti, for being largely instrumental and having a violin player.
havent heard the other 2, but i fail to see how Tool is similar to OSI. to me they're VERy deifferent
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Animus X torsi's Avatar Animus X torsi
12-19-2006, 02:15 PM

apc
puscifer
disturbed
Old 12-19-2006, 02:15 PM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

apc
puscifer
disturbed
SpiraMirabilis's Avatar SpiraMirabilis
12-20-2006, 05:41 AM

It's amazing that no one agrees on this. Other bands would be easy to pair up.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:41 AM   #43
apt-get --dist-upgrade

Bincount™: 5286

It's amazing that no one agrees on this. Other bands would be easy to pair up.
opiated's Avatar opiated
12-20-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nradd99
2. 10 Years
I can understand you listing this band. In a few ways, 10 Years seems very Tool-influenced while sounding like something else. Autumn Effect is like Undertow in how the lyrics have Biblical references within their content. I actually like the band, although I'm not crazy about them. They do have talent, though. Just wish they could really show it.

Chevelle isn't like Tool, although it seems the guitar carries a lot of the "surface noise" you pick up from Tool. The lyrics just don't have the same impact that you hear with Tool, especially with earlier work (This Type of Thinking showed that they could come up with some decently written shit, though). Placebo also seems to have had a role in being a major influence with Chevelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dales
Portal sounds a hell of a lot like Tool - not the Australian black metal Portal. A different noname band. http://cdbaby.com/cd/portal3

One of their songs has a riff that sounds exactly like the one in the slow part of schism.
Wow. They're actually pretty decent. Too bad all the good Canadian bands have to stay underground. I could do without another NickelShit song and could really go for something more like this.

Last edited by opiated; 12-20-2006 at 03:19 PM..
Old 12-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #44
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nradd99
2. 10 Years
I can understand you listing this band. In a few ways, 10 Years seems very Tool-influenced while sounding like something else. Autumn Effect is like Undertow in how the lyrics have Biblical references within their content. I actually like the band, although I'm not crazy about them. They do have talent, though. Just wish they could really show it.

Chevelle isn't like Tool, although it seems the guitar carries a lot of the "surface noise" you pick up from Tool. The lyrics just don't have the same impact that you hear with Tool, especially with earlier work (This Type of Thinking showed that they could come up with some decently written shit, though). Placebo also seems to have had a role in being a major influence with Chevelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dales
Portal sounds a hell of a lot like Tool - not the Australian black metal Portal. A different noname band. http://cdbaby.com/cd/portal3

One of their songs has a riff that sounds exactly like the one in the slow part of schism.
Wow. They're actually pretty decent. Too bad all the good Canadian bands have to stay underground. I could do without another NickelShit song and could really go for something more like this.

Last edited by opiated; 12-20-2006 at 03:19 PM..
Hym
12-22-2006, 11:46 AM

Woah, I can't believe people have mentioned ISIS. I don't hear many similarities at all. ISIS's drumming is far more simple, the guitars have much more depth, they have the electronic element and the vocals are much less of a focal point than in TOOL. Their song structures are also completely different.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #45
Hym
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Woah, I can't believe people have mentioned ISIS. I don't hear many similarities at all. ISIS's drumming is far more simple, the guitars have much more depth, they have the electronic element and the vocals are much less of a focal point than in TOOL. Their song structures are also completely different.
YKM
12-22-2006, 07:51 PM

i don't think isis and tool sound alike but they are surely 2 bands who are connected in their vibes...

OBVIOUSLY NO BAND SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE TOOL, but i see similarities in:

the voice of Pete from Chevelle

the ambience in some of isis's songs, bass tones too

Portal's vibes is definitely tool influenced, relatively unknown too, i like them

10 years singer has kinda maynardish vibes... their music... not reallly

Tom Morello's tone sometimes sounds like adam's (obviously...they're pals)
Old 12-22-2006, 07:51 PM   #46
YKM
Level 2 - Poster

i don't think isis and tool sound alike but they are surely 2 bands who are connected in their vibes...

OBVIOUSLY NO BAND SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE TOOL, but i see similarities in:

the voice of Pete from Chevelle

the ambience in some of isis's songs, bass tones too

Portal's vibes is definitely tool influenced, relatively unknown too, i like them

10 years singer has kinda maynardish vibes... their music... not reallly

Tom Morello's tone sometimes sounds like adam's (obviously...they're pals)
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
12-25-2006, 09:30 PM

SOUNDGARDEN!

With regard to the Dropped D tuning and strange, complex time signiatures.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:30 PM   #47
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

SOUNDGARDEN!

With regard to the Dropped D tuning and strange, complex time signiatures.
12-27-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hym View Post
Dude, it sounds nothing like tool.

But it is incredibly SIMILAR, it's similar art rock with climax's and seagues etc.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:41 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hym View Post
Dude, it sounds nothing like tool.

But it is incredibly SIMILAR, it's similar art rock with climax's and seagues etc.
mr. nikki jensen's Avatar mr. nikki jensen
12-28-2006, 06:25 AM

Im listening to Portal right now. i see some tool influence in it. i like it
Old 12-28-2006, 06:25 AM   #49
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

Im listening to Portal right now. i see some tool influence in it. i like it
juanquesto
12-29-2006, 07:20 PM

1. Quicksand
2. Oingo Boingo
3. Shellac
Old 12-29-2006, 07:20 PM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

1. Quicksand
2. Oingo Boingo
3. Shellac
FromTheArses
12-29-2006, 07:50 PM

metallica LOL
Old 12-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #51
Banned.

Bincount™: 128

metallica LOL
ATObassist's Avatar ATObassist
12-31-2006, 02:19 AM

rush

pink floyd (you may disagree, but you cant tell me that lost keys doesnt sound like it could be in dark side of the moon)

king crimson
Old 12-31-2006, 02:19 AM   #52
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

rush

pink floyd (you may disagree, but you cant tell me that lost keys doesnt sound like it could be in dark side of the moon)

king crimson
12-31-2006, 04:52 PM

I'm actually trying to get over my Toolishness. (haha, sounds funny when you say that outloud)

I don't like the idea of being compared to Tool, even though I love them so much. But I want to be in a band that can be its own band, rather than a pale imitation.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:52 PM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

I'm actually trying to get over my Toolishness. (haha, sounds funny when you say that outloud)

I don't like the idea of being compared to Tool, even though I love them so much. But I want to be in a band that can be its own band, rather than a pale imitation.
01-01-2007, 08:14 PM

Dont see zeppelin, they were VERY improvisational, whereas tool almost always sticks to script(ext. solos arent really "changing it up") rush is pretty accurate, odd timing, great drummers, concepts on albums, havent heard meshuggah yet (havent read it all either) but I think they're very similar with bringing odd time signatures into rock/metal. Muse I can see also as there is almost always a great climax in the song, and they are written laterally like stories you always feel like you can yawn after muse, like youve experienced something worthwile and now its over. Definitely dont get disturbed either, and I think the3 poster was serious. I like the comment that noone really agrees on this. Good post
Old 01-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 42

Dont see zeppelin, they were VERY improvisational, whereas tool almost always sticks to script(ext. solos arent really "changing it up") rush is pretty accurate, odd timing, great drummers, concepts on albums, havent heard meshuggah yet (havent read it all either) but I think they're very similar with bringing odd time signatures into rock/metal. Muse I can see also as there is almost always a great climax in the song, and they are written laterally like stories you always feel like you can yawn after muse, like youve experienced something worthwile and now its over. Definitely dont get disturbed either, and I think the3 poster was serious. I like the comment that noone really agrees on this. Good post
HelenA's Avatar HelenA
01-06-2007, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWENTY-THREE View Post
1. Muse
2. Breaking Benjamin
3. Children of Bodom
Definitely NOT Muse. Maybe Mammal (Melbourne band). I don't want anyone to be like Tool - Tool do a pretty cool cover of Tool songs.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:28 AM   #55
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWENTY-THREE View Post
1. Muse
2. Breaking Benjamin
3. Children of Bodom
Definitely NOT Muse. Maybe Mammal (Melbourne band). I don't want anyone to be like Tool - Tool do a pretty cool cover of Tool songs.
01-06-2007, 06:10 AM

i see some influences in 10 years, and oceansize, defently

the visuals tool defently has from pink floyd and some of the sounds too.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:10 AM   #56
Banned.

i see some influences in 10 years, and oceansize, defently

the visuals tool defently has from pink floyd and some of the sounds too.
discocj69's Avatar discocj69
01-06-2007, 10:16 AM

king crimson
pink floyd
porcupine tree
Old 01-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #57
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 45

king crimson
pink floyd
porcupine tree
01-07-2007, 03:32 AM

The question is :what 3 bands are most similar to Tool". There's no other band like Tool, although they get inspiration from some bands like: Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin or recently as they claim Meshugah. Other bands, on the other hand try to be as good as Tool, and they get an inspiration from Tool: the example is Chevelle (in music and video see "Mia"). However noone can make such great music as Tool, at least I don't know such a band.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:32 AM   #58
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

The question is :what 3 bands are most similar to Tool". There's no other band like Tool, although they get inspiration from some bands like: Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin or recently as they claim Meshugah. Other bands, on the other hand try to be as good as Tool, and they get an inspiration from Tool: the example is Chevelle (in music and video see "Mia"). However noone can make such great music as Tool, at least I don't know such a band.
01-07-2007, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLEK View Post
i totally agree with you.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:06 AM   #59
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLEK View Post
i totally agree with you.
CrownOfNegativity's Avatar CrownOfNegativity
01-07-2007, 02:28 PM

APC lol
Old 01-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #60
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 84

APC lol
fawks
01-11-2007, 12:10 AM

Going down a different road here, I found it easiest to explain what Tool are like to someone once by saying they are simplisticly like a hard-rock Sigur Ros, in that they both write long winding unconventional songs often exploding with euphoric and climatic moments. Obviously Tool are minus the Hopelandic made up language, but i think they got the idea
Old 01-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #61
Level 4 - Thinker

Going down a different road here, I found it easiest to explain what Tool are like to someone once by saying they are simplisticly like a hard-rock Sigur Ros, in that they both write long winding unconventional songs often exploding with euphoric and climatic moments. Obviously Tool are minus the Hopelandic made up language, but i think they got the idea
phylleb
01-11-2007, 05:29 AM

to narrow the list to three is ignorant. you can't say tool sounds like these guys a little and they sound a lot like these other guys. they incorporate a wide range of sounds from all genre's and artists. does tool sound like joe walsh or peter frampton because adam uses a talk box, no. if you must dissect tool's sound as a whole you need to apply a lot of influences. that is way tool has lasted so long. when you say tool sounds like king crimson and tool sounds like rush, you are really saying hey i hear the influence from these bands. no band pushes the envelope like tool, thank you tool.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:29 AM   #62

Bincount™: 1

to narrow the list to three is ignorant. you can't say tool sounds like these guys a little and they sound a lot like these other guys. they incorporate a wide range of sounds from all genre's and artists. does tool sound like joe walsh or peter frampton because adam uses a talk box, no. if you must dissect tool's sound as a whole you need to apply a lot of influences. that is way tool has lasted so long. when you say tool sounds like king crimson and tool sounds like rush, you are really saying hey i hear the influence from these bands. no band pushes the envelope like tool, thank you tool.
stevejols
01-11-2007, 10:06 PM

Tortoise
Phish
A Perfect Circle
Old 01-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #63

Tortoise
Phish
A Perfect Circle
FromTheArses
01-12-2007, 07:11 PM

similar musically? conceptually? intellectually? the feel or vibe? i mean, you have to specify. certainly tool has something in common with a great number of bands. but one thing you can say about tool, is that no one is EXACTLY like them. you will never mistake another band for tool when you hear it on the radio. tool still retain a sound of their own no matter what, and that is what makes their music timeless and unique. there are a bunch of bands that have copied elements from tool, but they cannot not compare to the originator.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #64
Banned.

Bincount™: 128

similar musically? conceptually? intellectually? the feel or vibe? i mean, you have to specify. certainly tool has something in common with a great number of bands. but one thing you can say about tool, is that no one is EXACTLY like them. you will never mistake another band for tool when you hear it on the radio. tool still retain a sound of their own no matter what, and that is what makes their music timeless and unique. there are a bunch of bands that have copied elements from tool, but they cannot not compare to the originator.
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
01-12-2007, 07:17 PM

Black Sabbath (at times)
Rush
and ????????????
Old 01-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #65
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

Black Sabbath (at times)
Rush
and ????????????
01-12-2007, 09:07 PM

Just heard Army of Anyone lastnight, and went to the store earlier and saw that it is STP and Filter so I bought it - I have to say, even though it's nowhere NEAR as technical or brilliant as Tool - the drummer is definitely inspired by Tool, and it smacks of them. Then when I Saw Robert Patrick was singer - he is definitely one of the more talented and original singers around today (just wish the lyrics were better). From what I've read, even Tool respects him and Filter.

Anyway, just thought I'd add these guys to the list.

Really, NOTHING sounds like Tool or even comes close. But this band Army of Anyone (even though it is new and another "supergroup") definitely sounds more like Tool than half the bands on this "list".

I am listening to it rightnow, it's a half decent CD actually. The last song sounds alot like Maynard's Dick lol, cliche three chord progression and all.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #66
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 61

Just heard Army of Anyone lastnight, and went to the store earlier and saw that it is STP and Filter so I bought it - I have to say, even though it's nowhere NEAR as technical or brilliant as Tool - the drummer is definitely inspired by Tool, and it smacks of them. Then when I Saw Robert Patrick was singer - he is definitely one of the more talented and original singers around today (just wish the lyrics were better). From what I've read, even Tool respects him and Filter.

Anyway, just thought I'd add these guys to the list.

Really, NOTHING sounds like Tool or even comes close. But this band Army of Anyone (even though it is new and another "supergroup") definitely sounds more like Tool than half the bands on this "list".

I am listening to it rightnow, it's a half decent CD actually. The last song sounds alot like Maynard's Dick lol, cliche three chord progression and all.
01-14-2007, 12:34 AM

Asking "what's like TOOL?" is like asking what's like an apple. You can't answer, "crab apple." Past that, well there's other fruit, but no other "apple-like fruit" ...anyway...
How bout we create some sub-catagories under this topic:
Similar to...
Sound:NIN, Deftones, Sepultura
Originality:Primus, Faith No More, NIN
Endurence(89'&after):NIN, Chili Peppers, B-Boys
"Coolness":Mr.Bungle, 'Boys, Coinmonster...

Overall "likeness":NIN

Yo Adrian!!

EDIT: Everyone must blast Roots from their speakers tonite! I command the.

Last edited by benjamin; 01-14-2007 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: :nosaeR
Old 01-14-2007, 12:34 AM   #67
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

Asking "what's like TOOL?" is like asking what's like an apple. You can't answer, "crab apple." Past that, well there's other fruit, but no other "apple-like fruit" ...anyway...
How bout we create some sub-catagories under this topic:
Similar to...
Sound:NIN, Deftones, Sepultura
Originality:Primus, Faith No More, NIN
Endurence(89'&after):NIN, Chili Peppers, B-Boys
"Coolness":Mr.Bungle, 'Boys, Coinmonster...

Overall "likeness":NIN

Yo Adrian!!

EDIT: Everyone must blast Roots from their speakers tonite! I command the.

Last edited by benjamin; 01-14-2007 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: :nosaeR
JakeMness
01-14-2007, 12:14 PM

Isn't it Richard Patrick?
Old 01-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #68
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 3

Confield's Avatar Confield
01-14-2007, 01:05 PM

Miocene
ISIS
Old 01-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #69
On Probation

Bincount™: 35

Miocene
ISIS
discocj69's Avatar discocj69
01-14-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeMness View Post
yes.

how is army of anyone? i haven't listened to it yet ...
Old 01-14-2007, 07:05 PM   #70
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeMness View Post
yes.

how is army of anyone? i haven't listened to it yet ...
01-14-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
no other "apple-like fruit" ...anyway...
I disagree. Pears are very apple-ish.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #71
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
no other "apple-like fruit" ...anyway...
I disagree. Pears are very apple-ish.
A Tad Bit Catatonic's Avatar A Tad Bit Catatonic
01-15-2007, 05:48 PM

Sorry about the faux pau with the guys name there, I was reading the liner notes and got Robert Deleo mixed up with Richard Patrick.

Not my intention to turn this into the "Army of Anyone" thread, but since it was inquired about I will offer some additional opinion and information.

After listening to the album (self titled) quite a few times, I actually like it alot better than most other highly touted commercial crap. It's definitely much better than average.

I always liked Filter- thought they were at least very original and more talented than most. And though I never became a huge fan of STP, I suppose the general consensus is that they're better and more original than most. For me, well minus Weiland - I never actually much cared for him, I did always think STP had quite original and pleasing to listen to tunes and melodies. And growing up listening to them on the radio (when radio was a BIT better than it is now), even though I never was a huge fan, they do offer me some nostalgia and memories of the bye gone era that was my childhood.

That said - these guys have a strong sound and if they evolve they could end up being great. I personally give the album 3 and 1/2 out of 5 stars. Also I take back my words about them sounding much like Tool - well in a couple places it does briefly. The drummer is one of the better drummers I've heard and I suppose MUST be influenced by Danny a bit (what drummer is not now heh?) - but there is a kick ass drum solo at the end of the single, and there are sprinkles of tribal drumming and pretty elaborate semi off time fills here and there. And to me the STP guys (the brothers Deleo) sound stronger and better than when they were in STP. The production is very rich and full, also has alot of well placed layered slide guitar. So what it really sounds like after giving it some more listens is sort of what you'd expect: a well matured STP + Filter (great vocals, he is really one of the better singers left from the 90s), with a better drummer than either group had trying some new things, as well as some old, and managing to do a pretty good job of it, at that. Also sounds alot like Zepplin. And plus the liner notes are quite sweet - had to give them points for that.

So basically, if you need a change and are willing to give it a try, you probably won't be too dissapointed. It aint half bad. Alot better than Velvet Revolver, in my opinion - more artistic value.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:48 PM   #72
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 61

Sorry about the faux pau with the guys name there, I was reading the liner notes and got Robert Deleo mixed up with Richard Patrick.

Not my intention to turn this into the "Army of Anyone" thread, but since it was inquired about I will offer some additional opinion and information.

After listening to the album (self titled) quite a few times, I actually like it alot better than most other highly touted commercial crap. It's definitely much better than average.

I always liked Filter- thought they were at least very original and more talented than most. And though I never became a huge fan of STP, I suppose the general consensus is that they're better and more original than most. For me, well minus Weiland - I never actually much cared for him, I did always think STP had quite original and pleasing to listen to tunes and melodies. And growing up listening to them on the radio (when radio was a BIT better than it is now), even though I never was a huge fan, they do offer me some nostalgia and memories of the bye gone era that was my childhood.

That said - these guys have a strong sound and if they evolve they could end up being great. I personally give the album 3 and 1/2 out of 5 stars. Also I take back my words about them sounding much like Tool - well in a couple places it does briefly. The drummer is one of the better drummers I've heard and I suppose MUST be influenced by Danny a bit (what drummer is not now heh?) - but there is a kick ass drum solo at the end of the single, and there are sprinkles of tribal drumming and pretty elaborate semi off time fills here and there. And to me the STP guys (the brothers Deleo) sound stronger and better than when they were in STP. The production is very rich and full, also has alot of well placed layered slide guitar. So what it really sounds like after giving it some more listens is sort of what you'd expect: a well matured STP + Filter (great vocals, he is really one of the better singers left from the 90s), with a better drummer than either group had trying some new things, as well as some old, and managing to do a pretty good job of it, at that. Also sounds alot like Zepplin. And plus the liner notes are quite sweet - had to give them points for that.

So basically, if you need a change and are willing to give it a try, you probably won't be too dissapointed. It aint half bad. Alot better than Velvet Revolver, in my opinion - more artistic value.
01-16-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonis View Post
very apple-ish.
"Pears are VERY MUCH SORT OF LIKE apples." ...oxymoron.... my point exactly.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:31 AM   #73
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonis View Post
very apple-ish.
"Pears are VERY MUCH SORT OF LIKE apples." ...oxymoron.... my point exactly.
08-04-2007, 12:30 PM

i can hear alot of the melvins in opiate and undertow, and i do see alot of tool in isis's "in the absence of truth"

same goes for porcupine tree's fear of a blank planet

some OSI songs have tool-ish passages, same goes for king crimson (moreso thrak and above)
Old 08-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #74
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 305

i can hear alot of the melvins in opiate and undertow, and i do see alot of tool in isis's "in the absence of truth"

same goes for porcupine tree's fear of a blank planet

some OSI songs have tool-ish passages, same goes for king crimson (moreso thrak and above)
MoreTool's Avatar MoreTool
08-04-2007, 08:52 PM

Feersum Ennjin, listen to "dragon" sounds very Undertow to me http://www.myspace.com/feersumennjin
Old 08-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #75
Level 7 - Loquacious

Feersum Ennjin, listen to "dragon" sounds very Undertow to me http://www.myspace.com/feersumennjin
08-20-2007, 09:05 PM

isis is similar to tool but tool is not similar to isis
Old 08-20-2007, 09:05 PM   #76
Level 1 - Lurker

isis is similar to tool but tool is not similar to isis
08-23-2007, 08:30 PM

fall out boy
tokio hotel
limp bizkit
--

well.. some butcher, some isis, some mastodon, the heavier from porcupine tree..

how can someone say peach?
are there any releases from peach available anyway or youre just saying it for 'you lied'?
i laughed when i read disturbed
Old 08-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #77
Level 4 - Thinker

fall out boy
tokio hotel
limp bizkit
--

well.. some butcher, some isis, some mastodon, the heavier from porcupine tree..

how can someone say peach?
are there any releases from peach available anyway or youre just saying it for 'you lied'?
i laughed when i read disturbed
parables in the world's Avatar parables in the world
08-24-2007, 08:42 AM

i'd have to go wiht Led Zepplin

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:42 AM   #78
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

i'd have to go wiht Led Zepplin

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
SpeiranVaun
08-24-2007, 08:52 AM

Rage Against the Machine
Pink Floyd
Primus
Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 AM   #79
Banned.

Bincount™: 42

Rage Against the Machine
Pink Floyd
Primus
mrskeenan
08-24-2007, 03:24 PM

chevelle? what?? no that shouldn't even be on the list. if i had to pick one of the 3 i think i'd go with isis, and not really because they have the same sound just because they have their own sound as tool has their own. if i had to pick 1 band that reminded of tool i'd have to say pink floyd....i've said it before and been told that was crazy, but for some reason i hear it. if tool were making music in the same era i really think it would sound a lot like floyd, but just an opinion...
Old 08-24-2007, 03:24 PM   #80
Level 4 - Thinker

chevelle? what?? no that shouldn't even be on the list. if i had to pick one of the 3 i think i'd go with isis, and not really because they have the same sound just because they have their own sound as tool has their own. if i had to pick 1 band that reminded of tool i'd have to say pink floyd....i've said it before and been told that was crazy, but for some reason i hear it. if tool were making music in the same era i really think it would sound a lot like floyd, but just an opinion...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply