Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 07. Lost Keys
User Name
Password
draingauge
12-02-2006, 03:24 PM

Im sure this has been previously posted.

Who else beleives that 'Faap De Oiad' is the leadup to 'Lost Keys' ?

The way i see it is that the person on the phone in FaapDeOpiad loses consiousness at the end of the track (as per the 'zap' you hear) and then slowly gains consiousness at the beginning of 'Lost Keys' (depicted by the slow drone of adam's guitar)

Obviously he has been abducted and therefore has no personal details on him as stated in Lost Keys.

He then goes on to describe what happened to him in 'Rosetta Stoned'

Just very interesting i think.

Ideas?
Old 12-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Faap De Oiad + Lost Keys

The way i see it is that the person on the phone in FaapDeOpiad loses consiousness at the end of the track (as per the 'zap' you hear) and then slowly gains consiousness at the beginning of 'Lost Keys' (depicted by the slow drone of adam's guitar)

Obviously he has been abducted and therefore has no personal details on him as stated in Lost Keys.

Ideas?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
mjkajdcjc's Avatar mjkajdcjc
12-03-2006, 12:04 AM

What if "Disgustipated" led to "Eon Blue Apocalypse", which led to "Faap de Oiad", then to "Lost Keys", and finally to "Rosetta Stoned"? OMG GUYZ BRILLIANCE!!!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 12:04 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3208
Re: Faap De Oiad + Lost Keys

What if "Disgustipated" led to "Eon Blue Apocalypse", which led to "Faap de Oiad", then to "Lost Keys", and finally to "Rosetta Stoned"? OMG GUYZ BRILLIANCE!!!!!
Khastra_KSC's Avatar Khastra_KSC
12-04-2006, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkajdcjc View Post
Its more like Oiad (overload and shutdown) to Lipan (space between) to Lost Keys (regaining) to Rosetta (trying to explain all of this)
Old 12-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
formerly [i]from death we are nothing[/i]

Bincount™: 173

Quote:
Its more like Oiad (overload and shutdown) to Lipan (space between) to Lost Keys (regaining) to Rosetta (trying to explain all of this)
PShepherd11's Avatar PShepherd11
12-04-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by draingauge View Post

Ideas?
I'm surprised someone mentioned this...I made a compilation with Faaip De Oiad for the first track and then Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned right after. I thought they went well together. Good observation.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
Level 11 - Moogle (tdn $upporter)

Location: Chocobo's Forest Job: Save games & sell goods Description: Fuzzy little winged creature
Bincount™: 694

Quote:
Originally Posted by draingauge View Post

Ideas?
I'm surprised someone mentioned this...I made a compilation with Faaip De Oiad for the first track and then Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned right after. I thought they went well together. Good observation.
PShepherd11's Avatar PShepherd11
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Your avatar is cute.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
Level 11 - Moogle (tdn $upporter)

Location: Chocobo's Forest Job: Save games & sell goods Description: Fuzzy little winged creature
Bincount™: 694

Quote:
Your avatar is cute.
mjkajdcjc's Avatar mjkajdcjc
12-04-2006, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PShepherd11 View Post
Your avatar is cute.
Yours, too.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3208

Quote:
Originally Posted by PShepherd11 View Post
Your avatar is cute.
Yours, too.
WwWwW's Avatar WwWwW
12-05-2006, 03:50 AM

Quote:
haha ^^

if you sum up all the seconds of all tool songs and divide them by 76,92 you'll get a number, and if you do +49,03 and then x 3 you'll get a number that's a bit simular to Maynard's Birthday!!11oneleven

but no really I think Lost Keys isn't connected to any other song... the voice in Faap the Oiad is the exact same as the voice in cesaro summability though, exept that it's somewhat understandable... but this is about Lost Keys... eerm...
Old 12-05-2006, 03:50 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
haha ^^

if you sum up all the seconds of all tool songs and divide them by 76,92 you'll get a number, and if you do +49,03 and then x 3 you'll get a number that's a bit simular to Maynard's Birthday!!11oneleven

but no really I think Lost Keys isn't connected to any other song... the voice in Faap the Oiad is the exact same as the voice in cesaro summability though, exept that it's somewhat understandable... but this is about Lost Keys... eerm...
01-30-2007, 10:32 PM

Start "Faiip de Oiad" at the same time as "Lost Keys." Placing it before works too since the "Faiip de Oiad," "Lost Keys," "Rosetta Stoned" track order seems to flow well together. But if you play "Faiip de Oiad" and "Lost Keys" at the same time "Faiip de Oiad" ends just as the nurse says "Excuse me..."

Just an observation.

So is the message in "Faiip de Oiad" part of the one that can't be remember in "Rosetta Stoned"?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Start "Faiip de Oiad" at the same time as "Lost Keys." Placing it before works too since the "Faiip de Oiad," "Lost Keys," "Rosetta Stoned" track order seems to flow well together. But if you play "Faiip de Oiad" and "Lost Keys" at the same time "Faiip de Oiad" ends just as the nurse says "Excuse me..."

Just an observation.

So is the message in "Faiip de Oiad" part of the one that can't be remember in "Rosetta Stoned"?
benpink's Avatar benpink
02-10-2007, 12:20 PM

i really liked this. it makes sense chronologically & content wise -- aliens.
also faiip de Oiad is all drums and really chaotic and intense whereas lost keys is just pretty much adam playing the guitar calmly. i loved when faiip ended and all the chaos was gone and all that was left was calm guitar and the nurse's soothing voice. then the doc has him 'conjur' up all the memories of his trip...thus, 'rosetta stoned' is looking at the faiip de oiad experience in retrospect. of course, if faiip de oiad was from when he was actually tripping, his memory is sure off... but nonetheless, its two different sides of the same story for sure.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

i really liked this. it makes sense chronologically & content wise -- aliens.
also faiip de Oiad is all drums and really chaotic and intense whereas lost keys is just pretty much adam playing the guitar calmly. i loved when faiip ended and all the chaos was gone and all that was left was calm guitar and the nurse's soothing voice. then the doc has him 'conjur' up all the memories of his trip...thus, 'rosetta stoned' is looking at the faiip de oiad experience in retrospect. of course, if faiip de oiad was from when he was actually tripping, his memory is sure off... but nonetheless, its two different sides of the same story for sure.
benpink's Avatar benpink
02-11-2007, 05:45 PM

^^
I made a copy of this all synced up. PM me if ur interested in hearing it
Old 02-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #10

^^
I made a copy of this all synced up. PM me if ur interested in hearing it
wearethestories's Avatar wearethestories
02-14-2007, 06:33 AM

I made a setlist of FAAIP, LOST KEYS, ROSETTA STONED, and VIGNTI TRES and I really like how they all sound together. It's quite eerie. And I have to say that I have never made a playlist before of someone's idea restructuring of TOOL songs, but this is the first one to make any sense at all to me.

Thanks.
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 02-14-2007, 06:33 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

I made a setlist of FAAIP, LOST KEYS, ROSETTA STONED, and VIGNTI TRES and I really like how they all sound together. It's quite eerie. And I have to say that I have never made a playlist before of someone's idea restructuring of TOOL songs, but this is the first one to make any sense at all to me.

Thanks.
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
thezeusanator
03-19-2007, 08:12 PM

I thought he lost his key's because he was tripping, hence blame hoffman, haven't you ever done that? and the aliens were just a part of the trip, not that it actually happened
Old 03-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #12
Banned.

Bincount™: 84

I thought he lost his key's because he was tripping, hence blame hoffman, haven't you ever done that? and the aliens were just a part of the trip, not that it actually happened
There is no spoon's Avatar There is no spoon
03-21-2007, 09:02 AM

I think that rosetta stoned is actually a prequel to 4 degrees.
I also think that part of me is referring to the future writing of Vicarious, which also turns out to be a prequel to 4 degrees.
I also think that 4 degrees is a prequel to 4 degrees, and that Adam is a NASCAR fan.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:02 AM   #13

Bincount™: 2

I think that rosetta stoned is actually a prequel to 4 degrees.
I also think that part of me is referring to the future writing of Vicarious, which also turns out to be a prequel to 4 degrees.
I also think that 4 degrees is a prequel to 4 degrees, and that Adam is a NASCAR fan.
tali's Avatar tali
07-29-2007, 02:36 PM

I think you can definately make a connection between "Faaip de Oiad." In fact, I posted in more detail in the "Faaip de Oiad" forum... shoulda looked here first.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 39

I think you can definately make a connection between "Faaip de Oiad." In fact, I posted in more detail in the "Faaip de Oiad" forum... shoulda looked here first.
07-29-2007, 03:42 PM

Old 07-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #15
there's a cloud
but the water remains calm

Bincount™: 3180

12-01-2007, 03:44 PM

Thats a really cool observation about how if you start Faap de oiad and lost keys at the same time it ends as the nurse comes in. i listened to that like 5 times, and its really trippy, its like a journey between cd's and everything. really cool.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 84

Thats a really cool observation about how if you start Faap de oiad and lost keys at the same time it ends as the nurse comes in. i listened to that like 5 times, and its really trippy, its like a journey between cd's and everything. really cool.
12-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
ill listen to that now, and tell ya how it goes when im done. but ill fast fowars therough the crickets cause i dont feel like listining to that shit for what? 7 min?

p.s.- people at school think im crazy cause i showed people the cricket nise and said it was the best song ever and argued with them using as many big words i could when they objected. :D
Old 12-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #17
Banned.

Bincount™: 958

Quote:
ill listen to that now, and tell ya how it goes when im done. but ill fast fowars therough the crickets cause i dont feel like listining to that shit for what? 7 min?

p.s.- people at school think im crazy cause i showed people the cricket nise and said it was the best song ever and argued with them using as many big words i could when they objected. :D
orangeisgoood
12-03-2007, 09:09 PM

eh. kinda makes sense.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #18
Banned.

Bincount™: 958

eh. kinda makes sense.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
12-03-2007, 09:36 PM

Excellent suggestion. But i don't "beleive" it.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #19
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Excellent suggestion. But i don't "beleive" it.
12-03-2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
I did that by playing Dillinger Escape Plan at the same time with Fantomas and all i got was a headache. lol
Old 12-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #20
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
I did that by playing Dillinger Escape Plan at the same time with Fantomas and all i got was a headache. lol

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply