Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
wix3l's Avatar wix3l
04-28-2006, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Brown
I'd rather be an asshole than a hooker with a penis.
I'd rather be a hooker with a penis than a tick or leech.
12/11/07 San Francisco, CA

I have seen Sober, Flood, Stinkfist, H., Forty-six & 2, Ænema, The Grudge, Eon Blue Apocalypse, The Patient, Schism, Parabola, Lateralus, Disposition, Reflection, Triad, Vicarious, Jambi, Wings For Marie, 10,000 Days, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Right in Two, and Holiday In Cambodia performed live.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #121
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123
Re: Maynard = asshole?

Quote:
I'd rather be an asshole than a hooker with a penis.
12/11/07 San Francisco, CA

I have seen Sober, Flood, Stinkfist, H., Forty-six & 2, Ænema, The Grudge, Eon Blue Apocalypse, The Patient, Schism, Parabola, Lateralus, Disposition, Reflection, Triad, Vicarious, Jambi, Wings For Marie, 10,000 Days, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Right in Two, and Holiday In Cambodia performed live.
OFFLINE |  
CallofCthulhu's Avatar CallofCthulhu
04-28-2006, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Moxie
Why does it matter? If its the music you love then why do you care so much about meeting the person on the street.

THey make music. They're not hollywood actors who need to be in the public eye and making appearances all the time.

If his personality has always been to make a snide comment or blow by you, why does him being a musician change that?

He's not obligated to be nice and chat with someone at any time.

I'd be the same way.

Who cares. People over analyze Tool to be secretive gods who know mystical things, and then everyone wants to meet the "band behind the mystery". It's not even like that.

Who cares, let them be. Fans are such touchy douche bags. Listen to the music, let it move you and shut the fuck up. Thats all they ask.
I'm not saying I'm interesting in meeting him on the street. I'm talking about a random incident where it happens.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #122
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Moxie
Why does it matter? If its the music you love then why do you care so much about meeting the person on the street.

THey make music. They're not hollywood actors who need to be in the public eye and making appearances all the time.

If his personality has always been to make a snide comment or blow by you, why does him being a musician change that?

He's not obligated to be nice and chat with someone at any time.

I'd be the same way.

Who cares. People over analyze Tool to be secretive gods who know mystical things, and then everyone wants to meet the "band behind the mystery". It's not even like that.

Who cares, let them be. Fans are such touchy douche bags. Listen to the music, let it move you and shut the fuck up. Thats all they ask.
I'm not saying I'm interesting in meeting him on the street. I'm talking about a random incident where it happens.
OFFLINE |  
Fap's Avatar Fap
04-28-2006, 08:42 AM

It was fairly disenchanting when I realized Maynard was an ass, but I don't care a whole lot anymore and just listen to the music. The rest of the band seems OK at least, and I would probably ask them for an autograph if I met them in real life without feeling like I was going to have my head bit off.

Quote:
Maynard will be a dick so that people don't bother him. Avoid him.
Nearly every interview I've read about him he's a prick to the interviewer. I just think it's his shitty personality.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #123
Fap
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 23

It was fairly disenchanting when I realized Maynard was an ass, but I don't care a whole lot anymore and just listen to the music. The rest of the band seems OK at least, and I would probably ask them for an autograph if I met them in real life without feeling like I was going to have my head bit off.

Quote:
Maynard will be a dick so that people don't bother him. Avoid him.
Nearly every interview I've read about him he's a prick to the interviewer. I just think it's his shitty personality.
OFFLINE |  
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath
04-28-2006, 08:51 AM

I first watched that interview immediately after waking this morning. I just watched it again, and it was like watching a different interview. Maynard didn't really seem like as much of a prick as it seemed this morning. He didn't seem as condescending either, it seemed like some good natured ribbing. I somehow also missed how they both really took the time to explain their writing process pretty well, especially for an Mtv interview. Maynard did seem a bit stoic. My perception was certainly different this morning. There's nothing like completely contradicting yourself. I now believe I was wrong in my previous post. Almost completely wrong. Damn.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:51 AM   #124
Prana

Bincount™: 8

I first watched that interview immediately after waking this morning. I just watched it again, and it was like watching a different interview. Maynard didn't really seem like as much of a prick as it seemed this morning. He didn't seem as condescending either, it seemed like some good natured ribbing. I somehow also missed how they both really took the time to explain their writing process pretty well, especially for an Mtv interview. Maynard did seem a bit stoic. My perception was certainly different this morning. There's nothing like completely contradicting yourself. I now believe I was wrong in my previous post. Almost completely wrong. Damn.
04-28-2006, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux
I love people who dont read the whole thread before posting.

And how exactly is THIS post correct? Did you even bother reading everything? Obviously not.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:55 AM   #125
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
I love people who dont read the whole thread before posting.

And how exactly is THIS post correct? Did you even bother reading everything? Obviously not.
OFFLINE |  
Mortal Moxie's Avatar Mortal Moxie
04-28-2006, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fap

Media reporters will flock to a happy rock personality. He doesnt want that.

I don't blame him. I think your wrong. Yeah there might be some undertones in his personality that are definitely not warm, and welcoming, but most of it I believe is put on.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:58 AM   #126
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fap

Media reporters will flock to a happy rock personality. He doesnt want that.

I don't blame him. I think your wrong. Yeah there might be some undertones in his personality that are definitely not warm, and welcoming, but most of it I believe is put on.
04-28-2006, 08:59 AM

Quote:
There's not a single one of you that get it is there? Fame is bullshit. He doesn't like it.
Label him as an asshole, I just hope at some point you could put yourself in his shoes and understand rather than just being cunts about it. I'd rather be an asshole than a hooker with a penis.

Then why isn't he doing it all for free? You act like he's not reaping the rewards of his fame. He knew what he was getting in to when he signed on.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:59 AM   #127
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
There's not a single one of you that get it is there? Fame is bullshit. He doesn't like it.
Label him as an asshole, I just hope at some point you could put yourself in his shoes and understand rather than just being cunts about it. I'd rather be an asshole than a hooker with a penis.

Then why isn't he doing it all for free? You act like he's not reaping the rewards of his fame. He knew what he was getting in to when he signed on.
OFFLINE |  
badshirt
04-28-2006, 09:07 AM

He certainly knew while recording and performing Fandango Burns or whatever that tune is.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:07 AM   #128
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

He certainly knew while recording and performing Fandango Burns or whatever that tune is.
OFFLINE |  
Shadow_walker's Avatar Shadow_walker
04-28-2006, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuspurs
Being a musician is a career choice... Would you work for free?
Old 04-28-2006, 09:09 AM   #129
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
manuspurs
04-28-2006, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_walker
EXACTLY. He's a smart guy. He knew what being a musician entailed.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #130
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_walker
EXACTLY. He's a smart guy. He knew what being a musician entailed.
OFFLINE |  
manuspurs
04-28-2006, 09:14 AM

This is the same guy who sings "set as I am in my ways..." but he wants others to think for themselves? I'm not buying what he's selling...literally.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:14 AM   #131
Level 3 - Talker

This is the same guy who sings "set as I am in my ways..." but he wants others to think for themselves? I'm not buying what he's selling...literally.
OFFLINE |  
badshirt
04-28-2006, 09:17 AM

Fandango burn....fandango burns.....fandango burn...
Old 04-28-2006, 09:17 AM   #132
Level 7 - Loquacious

Fandango burn....fandango burns.....fandango burn...
OFFLINE |  
Leroy Brown's Avatar Leroy Brown
04-28-2006, 09:32 AM

Quote:
You think he knew that TOOL would be the way it is? Then I get why you don't understand. I think it's a trade off between living really well financially and watching the quality of your privacy drop like a stone. It's better than working at Walmart for a living... doesn't mean he is required to enjoy the fame you dildo.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #133
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
You think he knew that TOOL would be the way it is? Then I get why you don't understand. I think it's a trade off between living really well financially and watching the quality of your privacy drop like a stone. It's better than working at Walmart for a living... doesn't mean he is required to enjoy the fame you dildo.
OFFLINE |  
eulogys's Avatar eulogys
04-28-2006, 09:32 AM

I just watched the interview and in no way found maynard to be an asshole. The interviewers first question was, in a nutshell: You guys aren't keen on giving tv interviews, are you? NO. So first off, he isn't comfortable in that setting. When the interviewer asked a good question, like their writing and recording process, he answered him honestly and seriously. When ask a stupid question, like playing in a tent with video screens at some festival they don't even know how it will be setup, he answered it sarcastically. I would've done the same thing. whats wrong with having a little fun with someone asking stupid fucking questions. These are festivals which tool really doesn't have much say in how they are presented. All they know is that they are playing there. I would have the same disposition after having answer questions like that for 15 years.

Last edited by eulogys; 04-28-2006 at 09:34 AM..
Old 04-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #134
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206

I just watched the interview and in no way found maynard to be an asshole. The interviewers first question was, in a nutshell: You guys aren't keen on giving tv interviews, are you? NO. So first off, he isn't comfortable in that setting. When the interviewer asked a good question, like their writing and recording process, he answered him honestly and seriously. When ask a stupid question, like playing in a tent with video screens at some festival they don't even know how it will be setup, he answered it sarcastically. I would've done the same thing. whats wrong with having a little fun with someone asking stupid fucking questions. These are festivals which tool really doesn't have much say in how they are presented. All they know is that they are playing there. I would have the same disposition after having answer questions like that for 15 years.

Last edited by eulogys; 04-28-2006 at 09:34 AM..
OFFLINE |  
04-28-2006, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wix3l
I agree.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:34 AM   #135
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wix3l
I agree.
OFFLINE |  
Juanjay
04-28-2006, 09:34 AM

Yeah but he "sold his soul to make a record" not to be worshipped and bothered.

People don't realize he's a person. He does not owe anyone anything, just like you or I do not owe anyone anything.

So people label him an asshole but how many people here know him? I don't know him, met him and he was nice, but I don't personally know him. You can't judge a famous person by their public persona. Everyone is two faced to an extent. Public persona and private persona.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:34 AM   #136
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Yeah but he "sold his soul to make a record" not to be worshipped and bothered.

People don't realize he's a person. He does not owe anyone anything, just like you or I do not owe anyone anything.

So people label him an asshole but how many people here know him? I don't know him, met him and he was nice, but I don't personally know him. You can't judge a famous person by their public persona. Everyone is two faced to an extent. Public persona and private persona.
OFFLINE |  
04-28-2006, 09:36 AM

Quote:

Then go away....

note to everyone: manuspurs is not only from texas but he is also an undercover christian trying to inflitrate tdn.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:36 AM   #137
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Then go away....

note to everyone: manuspurs is not only from texas but he is also an undercover christian trying to inflitrate tdn.
OFFLINE |  
eulogys's Avatar eulogys
04-28-2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Then go away....

christians aren't allowed here?
Old 04-28-2006, 09:39 AM   #138
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Then go away....

christians aren't allowed here?
OFFLINE |  
paraflux
04-28-2006, 09:40 AM

Everyone is allowed here. This thread sucks and looks like it has a limited life span.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:40 AM   #139
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Everyone is allowed here. This thread sucks and looks like it has a limited life span.
OFFLINE |  
evil agent's Avatar evil agent
04-28-2006, 09:41 AM

Quote:
He was being a dick for the most part... but his dressing room was absolutely crammed with strangers as he tried to eat. I couldn't believe the chaos. Some dude came up and said - can I have your autograph... Patton just held up his hoagie and said "what does this look like".
This Mike Patton story cracked me up man... Awesome.

As for Maynard, yeah I felt a bit bad for the interviewer, and it was a little painful to watch. But like someone else just said, they also did answer most of his questions at length... after a while he just kept repeating the same stupid question, "so how do you do it? How do you do it?" like he wanted them to teach him how to write songs for his own band. It was at that point that his own band came up. So I think he sort of set himself up for the hazing.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #140
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
He was being a dick for the most part... but his dressing room was absolutely crammed with strangers as he tried to eat. I couldn't believe the chaos. Some dude came up and said - can I have your autograph... Patton just held up his hoagie and said "what does this look like".

As for Maynard, yeah I felt a bit bad for the interviewer, and it was a little painful to watch. But like someone else just said, they also did answer most of his questions at length... after a while he just kept repeating the same stupid question, "so how do you do it? How do you do it?" like he wanted them to teach him how to write songs for his own band. It was at that point that his own band came up. So I think he sort of set himself up for the hazing.
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-28-2006, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Then go away....

There are actually quite a few christians on here, and there's nothing wrong with that
Old 04-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #141
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202

Quote:
Then go away....

There are actually quite a few christians on here, and there's nothing wrong with that
the usual's Avatar the usual
04-28-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchochichi
I enjoy tools music and have never invested much time in understanding their personalities until recently when i was curious to see what they behaved like in interviews. If i was just to judge maynards personality by his lyrics i would imagine a smiling polite guy, who cares deep down for people, with an edge of cynical wit.
Watching interviews danny seems like a real likeable guy but maynard is just a fucking cock. Its not even " oh hes a funny asshole" hes just an expressionless dick with half wit comments, up his own ass about how enlightened he is. Maybe he does this so that dumbasses dont look up to him, or maybe he's truly this way but i have to wonder why its so hard for him to smile and relax and break the monotone voice mold. How insecure is he that he has to use his cold expressionless demeanor to make people insecure and submit to him?
I remember that i met mike patton when i was 18 after a concert and i was nervous at first thinking maybe he's some egotistical rock star, but the guy took the time to talk with me over 30 minutes about life in general. He laughed and joked around, he didnt take himself seriously.
Honestly why do so many fucktards on this board look to maynard as some amazing intellectual because he likes apocalypse now and can say a few snide remarks in an interview. I still love tools music and appreciate maynards talent but from observing his treatment of others he can go fuck himself

I listen to the music and look into the artists intrests and whatnotbut I could give a fuck less about his interpersonal commmunacation skills.
get a life dude.
If the music/art is enjoyable;that's all that really matters
Old 04-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #142
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchochichi
I enjoy tools music and have never invested much time in understanding their personalities until recently when i was curious to see what they behaved like in interviews. If i was just to judge maynards personality by his lyrics i would imagine a smiling polite guy, who cares deep down for people, with an edge of cynical wit.
Watching interviews danny seems like a real likeable guy but maynard is just a fucking cock. Its not even " oh hes a funny asshole" hes just an expressionless dick with half wit comments, up his own ass about how enlightened he is. Maybe he does this so that dumbasses dont look up to him, or maybe he's truly this way but i have to wonder why its so hard for him to smile and relax and break the monotone voice mold. How insecure is he that he has to use his cold expressionless demeanor to make people insecure and submit to him?
I remember that i met mike patton when i was 18 after a concert and i was nervous at first thinking maybe he's some egotistical rock star, but the guy took the time to talk with me over 30 minutes about life in general. He laughed and joked around, he didnt take himself seriously.
Honestly why do so many fucktards on this board look to maynard as some amazing intellectual because he likes apocalypse now and can say a few snide remarks in an interview. I still love tools music and appreciate maynards talent but from observing his treatment of others he can go fuck himself

I listen to the music and look into the artists intrests and whatnotbut I could give a fuck less about his interpersonal commmunacation skills.
get a life dude.
If the music/art is enjoyable;that's all that really matters
OFFLINE |  
Agent_202's Avatar Agent_202
04-28-2006, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSmith v2.0
http://toolshed.down.net/articles/text/mjklog.jun.97.html
if you think maynard isn't an asshole
I'd be an asshole too if people asked me some of these dumb ass questions.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:56 AM   #143
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSmith v2.0
http://toolshed.down.net/articles/text/mjklog.jun.97.html
if you think maynard isn't an asshole
04-28-2006, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_202
Yeah, I can picture maynard answering some of those questions going "we most have the stupidest fucking fans in the world".
Old 04-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #144
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_202
Yeah, I can picture maynard answering some of those questions going "we most have the stupidest fucking fans in the world".
OFFLINE |  
El Scorcho's Avatar El Scorcho
04-28-2006, 10:11 AM

Sure, he may be an ass, but at least he doesn't pretend to be something he's not.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #145
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Sure, he may be an ass, but at least he doesn't pretend to be something he's not.
OFFLINE |  
xineax
04-28-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice Breath
I first watched that interview immediately after waking this morning. I just watched it again, and it was like watching a different interview. Maynard didn't really seem like as much of a prick as it seemed this morning. He didn't seem as condescending either, it seemed like some good natured ribbing. I somehow also missed how they both really took the time to explain their writing process pretty well, especially for an Mtv interview. Maynard did seem a bit stoic.
This was my perception, too.

Quote:
I'd surely get annoyed by it. The interviews I've seen--especially the MTV correspondents in the European countries--ask some really pointless questions.

Like, "What's going to be on the Tour?"
Um, someone might not want to give that away, because that is their moneymaker.

Last edited by xineax; 04-28-2006 at 10:14 AM..
Old 04-28-2006, 10:12 AM   #146
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice Breath
I first watched that interview immediately after waking this morning. I just watched it again, and it was like watching a different interview. Maynard didn't really seem like as much of a prick as it seemed this morning. He didn't seem as condescending either, it seemed like some good natured ribbing. I somehow also missed how they both really took the time to explain their writing process pretty well, especially for an Mtv interview. Maynard did seem a bit stoic.
This was my perception, too.

Quote:
I'd surely get annoyed by it. The interviews I've seen--especially the MTV correspondents in the European countries--ask some really pointless questions.

Like, "What's going to be on the Tour?"
Um, someone might not want to give that away, because that is their moneymaker.

Last edited by xineax; 04-28-2006 at 10:14 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Juanjay
04-28-2006, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogys
Yeah I would say about 5% of the fans of any band are obsessive pricks and are stupid to boot.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:15 AM   #147
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogys
Yeah I would say about 5% of the fans of any band are obsessive pricks and are stupid to boot.
OFFLINE |  
Vlad
04-28-2006, 10:19 AM

from the inverview...

-They keep going, "Are you working on another Tool album?" I'm like a mother on a table. I'm, like, giving birth to a baby, and you're asking me if I'm going to have another baby. Not right now, probably. Don't really feel like having sex right now, I'm having a f---ing baby. I'm out here busting my ass; we're working hard on this. This is our new child; we're nurturing it, developing it and showing it to the world.

-I would hope they would be our fellow artists, rather than trying to emulate or idolize clowns like us.

-I think the biggest problem working with me would be that I'm an only child, and so I have an internal dialogue that goes on that I just assume you can hear. Because as an only child, you have your own little world. Then you go into a situation where you're working with other people, and unless you actually vocalize what you're thinking, the other people will go through hell trying to figure out what's going on.

Maybe that's the reason he is who he is? Whoever calls him an ass can do so, just remember that you're no better (especially since he's making money off you).

Last edited by Vlad; 04-28-2006 at 10:23 AM..
Old 04-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #148
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 136

from the inverview...

-They keep going, "Are you working on another Tool album?" I'm like a mother on a table. I'm, like, giving birth to a baby, and you're asking me if I'm going to have another baby. Not right now, probably. Don't really feel like having sex right now, I'm having a f---ing baby. I'm out here busting my ass; we're working hard on this. This is our new child; we're nurturing it, developing it and showing it to the world.

-I would hope they would be our fellow artists, rather than trying to emulate or idolize clowns like us.

-I think the biggest problem working with me would be that I'm an only child, and so I have an internal dialogue that goes on that I just assume you can hear. Because as an only child, you have your own little world. Then you go into a situation where you're working with other people, and unless you actually vocalize what you're thinking, the other people will go through hell trying to figure out what's going on.

Maybe that's the reason he is who he is? Whoever calls him an ass can do so, just remember that you're no better (especially since he's making money off you).

Last edited by Vlad; 04-28-2006 at 10:23 AM..
OFFLINE |  
04-28-2006, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie75
Did I say there was? I said he is an "undercover christian" meaning that he is not a tool fan. And there is something wrong with that... you disagree?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #149
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie75
Did I say there was? I said he is an "undercover christian" meaning that he is not a tool fan. And there is something wrong with that... you disagree?
OFFLINE |  
rgardjr
04-28-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fap
IThe rest of the band seems OK at least,
Danny and Adam were very cool when I ran into them. Adam was almost surprised to be recognized. But again I didn't really force myself into anything. Adam was sitting by himself at the table right next to ours. A quick thank you for the new album and show-no big deal. I didn't pull a camera out or a pen for an autograph and I think this is where these guys start feeling uncomfortable. Fans feel like they are a part of the band on some level. Look at the recent interviews-these four guys get together and make their music for themselves. The process is extremely personal for all of them. Fortunately, they share this very personal experience with us and that should really be enough. Knowing where somebody lives, what brand of beer they drink, ect ... details of their lives should be left alone. It would be very difficult to go around not knowing when a fan comes up to you what they are going to expect, but they that we all have our expectations and some fans will definately go too far.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #150
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fap
IThe rest of the band seems OK at least,
Danny and Adam were very cool when I ran into them. Adam was almost surprised to be recognized. But again I didn't really force myself into anything. Adam was sitting by himself at the table right next to ours. A quick thank you for the new album and show-no big deal. I didn't pull a camera out or a pen for an autograph and I think this is where these guys start feeling uncomfortable. Fans feel like they are a part of the band on some level. Look at the recent interviews-these four guys get together and make their music for themselves. The process is extremely personal for all of them. Fortunately, they share this very personal experience with us and that should really be enough. Knowing where somebody lives, what brand of beer they drink, ect ... details of their lives should be left alone. It would be very difficult to go around not knowing when a fan comes up to you what they are going to expect, but they that we all have our expectations and some fans will definately go too far.
OFFLINE |  
badshirt
04-28-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil agent

I bet the fans are mostly obnoxious as hell... due to awe or just stupidity.
He should be cool but its not his job to be.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #151
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil agent

I bet the fans are mostly obnoxious as hell... due to awe or just stupidity.
He should be cool but its not his job to be.
OFFLINE |  
bizonk
04-28-2006, 10:52 AM

"Too Much ACID in Highschool"

That can make someone a dick. A good friend of mine traveled with the Dead for ten years. Thats alot of LSD. While he is a great guy he can be very moody and sometimes tempermental. Long term drug use definetly messes with your emotions. That and being a only child can make you an Asshole. But I dont blame him cus how many F****** stupid people are out there in the world today???
Old 04-28-2006, 10:52 AM   #152
Level 2 - Poster

"Too Much ACID in Highschool"

That can make someone a dick. A good friend of mine traveled with the Dead for ten years. Thats alot of LSD. While he is a great guy he can be very moody and sometimes tempermental. Long term drug use definetly messes with your emotions. That and being a only child can make you an Asshole. But I dont blame him cus how many F****** stupid people are out there in the world today???
OFFLINE |  
paraflux
04-28-2006, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I disagree that christians somehow automatically cant be Tool fans, yes.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:53 AM   #153
Banned.

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
slicknickshady's Avatar slicknickshady
04-28-2006, 10:55 AM

Maynard is a P.I.M.P he sounds like a cool dude.

Do you blame maynard for acting that way during that Mtv interview? The guy brought up his fucking band. If i was MJK I would have thought the interviewer was trying to get signed or something. Maynard was being sarcastic anyway. Danny was laughing and mjk was even laughing. If MJK meant it he would have not been laughing his ass off.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #154
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Bincount™: 832

Maynard is a P.I.M.P he sounds like a cool dude.

Do you blame maynard for acting that way during that Mtv interview? The guy brought up his fucking band. If i was MJK I would have thought the interviewer was trying to get signed or something. Maynard was being sarcastic anyway. Danny was laughing and mjk was even laughing. If MJK meant it he would have not been laughing his ass off.
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-28-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I still don't see your point. It sounds kind of paranoid to think "undercover Christians" are trying to infiltrate the tool fans, it would also be pretty pointless by them.
Religion has nothing to do with what music you can or can't like.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:12 AM   #155
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I still don't see your point. It sounds kind of paranoid to think "undercover Christians" are trying to infiltrate the tool fans, it would also be pretty pointless by them.
Religion has nothing to do with what music you can or can't like.
04-28-2006, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Boy you are thickheaded. I AM SAYING THAT HE IS NOT A TOOL FAN. NOT THAT HE CAN'T BE ONE BECAUSE HE IS A CHRISTIAN.

You are fucking stupid.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #156
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Boy you are thickheaded. I AM SAYING THAT HE IS NOT A TOOL FAN. NOT THAT HE CAN'T BE ONE BECAUSE HE IS A CHRISTIAN.

You are fucking stupid.
OFFLINE |  
xineax
04-28-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady
The guy brought up his fucking band. If i was MJK I would have thought the interviewer was trying to get signed or something.
Good point. Shameless self-promotion. "I'll bring you a [CD] of my band!"
Old 04-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #157
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady
The guy brought up his fucking band. If i was MJK I would have thought the interviewer was trying to get signed or something.
Good point. Shameless self-promotion. "I'll bring you a [CD] of my band!"
OFFLINE |  
paraflux
04-28-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Boy, I am so thickheaded! Lol! I cant gather what you are saying because you are saying them in one-liners that dont make any sense!
Quote:
You are fucking stupid.
You are fucking probed. Flaming rule, you see.

Last edited by paraflux; 04-28-2006 at 11:22 AM..
Old 04-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #158
Banned.

Quote:
Boy, I am so thickheaded! Lol! I cant gather what you are saying because you are saying them in one-liners that dont make any sense!
Quote:
You are fucking stupid.
You are fucking probed. Flaming rule, you see.

Last edited by paraflux; 04-28-2006 at 11:22 AM..
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
04-28-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:

You are fucking stupid.
Maybe you should learn to better express yourself through writing then, becasue three of us have obviously misunderstaood what you're saying. Infact I still have no clue what you're trying to convey.......
Old 04-28-2006, 11:22 AM   #159
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

You are fucking stupid.
Maybe you should learn to better express yourself through writing then, becasue three of us have obviously misunderstaood what you're saying. Infact I still have no clue what you're trying to convey.......
eulogys's Avatar eulogys
04-28-2006, 11:23 AM

Good job paraflux. I supposrt this probing 100%.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:23 AM   #160
Level 10 - Vehement

Good job paraflux. I supposrt this probing 100%.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply