Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
CommanderKeen
03-04-2012, 04:46 AM

i started at Intension which seemed like a good place to start concidering it says PURE AS WE BEGIN and then i hopped up 3 songs like a kangaroo to lipan conjuring and then up 3 again to wings part 1 and i found that if you align the songs to the right it spells out `10,` perfectly diagonally i then continued this going the opposite way and got the next 3 songs vicarious the pot and right in two and when aligned right they spell 000 perfectly diagonally after that i continued what i was doing and reversed direction and got viginte then 10000 days part 2 the then reversed direction and got jambi and then the last 2 songs lost keys and roseta the only way to make jambi fit as the A in 10,000 DAYS was to use viginte tres to make it line up that was the only song that was out of place

copy this into word pad and align it < means left align and > means right align

< Lost KeYs (Blame Hofmann)
< Rosetta Stoned

1ntension>
Lipan C0njuring>
Wings for Marie, Pt. 1>

Vicari0us>
The P0t>
Right in Tw0>

< 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
< Viginti Tres>
JAmbi>

p.s. on a related note Jambi was the name of the genie on pee wee`s play house listen to the songs

JAMBI: 1 feast like a SULTAN i do 2 want to WISH it all away
10,000 DAYS: KNOW WHEN TO LET YOU OUT

and

THE POT is pretty much jambi`s lamp

Last edited by CommanderKeen; 03-04-2012 at 04:51 AM..
Old 03-04-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
10,000 DAYS CONFIGURATION

i started at Intension which seemed like a good place to start concidering it says PURE AS WE BEGIN and then i hopped up 3 songs like a kangaroo to lipan conjuring and then up 3 again to wings part 1 and i found that if you align the songs to the right it spells out `10,` perfectly diagonally i then continued this going the opposite way and got the next 3 songs vicarious the pot and right in two and when aligned right they spell 000 perfectly diagonally after that i continued what i was doing and reversed direction and got viginte then 10000 days part 2 the then reversed direction and got jambi and then the last 2 songs lost keys and roseta the only way to make jambi fit as the A in 10,000 DAYS was to use viginte tres to make it line up that was the only song that was out of place

copy this into word pad and align it < means left align and > means right align

< Lost KeYs (Blame Hofmann)
< Rosetta Stoned

1ntension>
Lipan C0njuring>
Wings for Marie, Pt. 1>

Vicari0us>
The P0t>
Right in Tw0>

< 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
< Viginti Tres>
JAmbi>

p.s. on a related note Jambi was the name of the genie on pee wee`s play house listen to the songs

JAMBI: 1 feast like a SULTAN i do 2 want to WISH it all away
10,000 DAYS: KNOW WHEN TO LET YOU OUT

and

THE POT is pretty much jambi`s lamp

Last edited by CommanderKeen; 03-04-2012 at 04:51 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
CommanderKeen
03-04-2012, 04:48 AM

however i think the 10,000 is still out of order on that list just mess around with it i think its just in reverse order like right in two then the pot then vicarious then wings pt 1 lipan and intension
Old 03-04-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
On Probation

Re: 10,000 DAYS CONFIGURATION

however i think the 10,000 is still out of order on that list just mess around with it i think its just in reverse order like right in two then the pot then vicarious then wings pt 1 lipan and intension
J A G's Avatar J A G
03-04-2012, 06:47 AM

You've had your fun, but this stuff is meaningless garbage. Surely you have better things to do with your time.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #3

Bincount™: 7676

You've had your fun, but this stuff is meaningless garbage. Surely you have better things to do with your time.
CommanderKeen
03-04-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
douche
Old 03-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
On Probation

Quote:
douche
CommanderKeen
03-04-2012, 03:36 PM

well what do you think it is then the whole 10,000 days puzzle

there is not much to work with if the album is a puzzle and it is

how would you go about solving it considering it is a album with songs and music

the puzzle pieces would have to be the songs would they not
Old 03-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
On Probation

how would you go about solving it considering it is a album with songs and music

CommanderKeen
03-04-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
did you ever actually look at YOUR picture
Old 03-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
On Probation

Quote:
did you ever actually look at YOUR picture
earthworm's Avatar earthworm
03-08-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderKeen View Post

i'm curious to know why you believe this to be a puzzle?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:

CommanderKeen
03-09-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
you didnt see my lateralus thing did you?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #8
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
you didnt see my lateralus thing did you?
earthworm's Avatar earthworm
03-09-2012, 02:58 AM

no i didn't. i just got here and haven't worked my way over there yet. but still, please answer the question: why do you believe this to be a puzzle?
Old 03-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

no i didn't. i just got here and haven't worked my way over there yet. but still, please answer the question: why do you believe this to be a puzzle?
CommanderKeen
03-09-2012, 08:26 PM

this is really long.... (but if you want a thorough explanation)

i dont believe

i know it is

the music videos are instructional videos

see in the vicarious video how the guy holds his hands up like this _ \ || / that represents the songs the middle and ring finger are together which either means that 2 songs are together or there is a gap of 2 songs between the correct songs now remember when the fire shoots out of the guys's feet when he goes into the honey comb hide out its at a perfect 45 degree angle this relates to the letters in the songs there are 11 songs and there are 11 letters in "10,000 days" including the space and the comma now there arent enough 0's to spell 10,000 however there are enough o's now while listening to the album notice in intension how it says pure as we begin i thought that might be a good place to start and i remembered the hand thing in the video and looked at the letters in the songs (i first did this for lateralus there are 13 letters in TOOL LA TE RA LUS and there are 13 songs this is when it occured to me that you could probably spell out the album name with the letters in the songs for more information on that go here
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=124287 ) so starting at Intension as the first leter (i know there are no 1's in Intension however if you count the I's as 1's then it works next i looked at the letters in the other songs i looked for where the O's were in those songs and if they would line up with the I's in Intension and i found that these songs lined up if you align them to the right

................1ntension
.........Lipan C0njuring
Wings for Marie, Pt. 1

count the letters from intension theres 9 letters then count where the 0 is in lipan conjuring 8 then count where the comma is in wings 7 (include the spaces, period and comma it lines up diagonally a perfect 45 degree angle like how the fire shoots out of the guys feet

now remember the giant spinning eyeball how it had 3 tentacles if you look at where those songs are on the album youll notice they are exactly 3 songs apart i continued this only starting at vicarious and moved ahead by 3 songs (not counting the songs i had already picked and i looked at those songs and saw that the O's in those songs lined up perfectly diagonally like the first 3 so i got 10,000 the songs that were left had letters in them that spelt the days part only they didnt line up perfectly however if you place viginte tres after 10000 days part 2 it makes it so jambi lines up in the correct spot

what i was trying to say in that part was that was what the spinning eyeball with 3 tentacles was supposed to represent in the video how you are supposed to move every 3 songs

now the blurry floating glass actually represents the song names and how the letters in them line up you see when it lines up perfectly you see that rainbow lens flair and when the glass cracks and begins to corrupt that represents when the song names do not line up to spell the title of the album

now back to when he goes into the trippy place after he passes out you see him looking at the different sun looking things this part is when he is looking for a starting place when he finds the right one (song) he dives into it and the fire shoots out of his tail at a perfect 45 degree angle like i said before

however this 10'000 days puzzle goes even deeper do you remember secret track 69 on undertow DAMN YOU LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES? look at the packaging of 10,000 days what do you see?

glasses

now remember after that when you wake up in your ditch you make it to your car and you try all the doors but they are locked however in 10000 days remember the song lost keys those are for your car in undertow so now that you have your car keys you can go into your car and what was in your car was a expensive leather camera case which is also why 10,000 days not only had lenses it also had pictures of the band members and other neat stuff that is your camera so when reverend maynard says DAMN YOU LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES hes actually talking about that camera in your car after you wake up it has a double meaning the first part of that track was just a dream

this is also why 10,000 days and undertow were the only 2 albums with pictures of all the band members they are connected

lateralus is what got me started with this all

i started thinking maybe the album didnt start with the grudge maybe the album started with another song after all maynard says choose 1 or 10 then i noticed reflection and how it was 2 songs away from the end and i wondered if it is 2 songs away from the end then what is 2 songs before it a gap? this eventually led me to the conclusion that there are 13 songs and 13 letters in the album title i then systematically mapped out where all the letters in teh songs were i came up with about 40 different possibilities which you can see here http://noitcnuflam.deviantart.com/#/d4avkh7 i just did those possibles to see if i could find them all and while doing those i noticed you could spell out TOOL diagonally using the Fibonacci sequence if i started at disposiTion moved down 1 to reflectiOn move down 2 to faaip de Oiad and then up 3 to ticks and Leeches then i went back and forth between lateralus and triad for the 5 Fibonacci number and got lateralus followed by triad as 8 i then looked at where reflection was and how it was 2 songs away from the end of the album i then repeated the fibonacchi sequencing for the beginning of the album only upside down starting at mantra as 1 then the patient 1 then the grudge 2 then parabola 3 there were only 3 songs left parabola eon blue and schism and when i looked at those songs and the letters in them i discovered it spelt out TOOL LA TE RA LUS perfectly diagonally like this

disposi T ion
reflecti O n
faaip de O iad
ticks and L eeches

latera L us
____tri A d

man T ra
th E patient

the g R udge
___par A bol

parabo L a
eon bl U e apocalypse
schi S m

(put that track list in wordpad on your computer and choose a monospaced font like fyxedsys and you will see they line up)

after listening to the songs i realized the lyrics werent lyrics they were instructions the albums aren't albums there tools and the music videos were instructional videos on how to use the tools like the monolith on 2001 a space odyssey

this is how i know its a puzzle

back to 10,000 days jambi is the name of the genie on pee wee's play house E-MOTHER FUCKING-T isnt a alien its a genie and viginte tres is a magic word the genie speaks when granting wishes the pot is where he lives i dont care if you think this part is stupid but it fits

i didnt figure it all out yet but i think thats enough for now
Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
On Probation

this is really long.... (but if you want a thorough explanation)

i dont believe

i know it is

the music videos are instructional videos

see in the vicarious video how the guy holds his hands up like this _ \ || / that represents the songs the middle and ring finger are together which either means that 2 songs are together or there is a gap of 2 songs between the correct songs now remember when the fire shoots out of the guys's feet when he goes into the honey comb hide out its at a perfect 45 degree angle this relates to the letters in the songs there are 11 songs and there are 11 letters in "10,000 days" including the space and the comma now there arent enough 0's to spell 10,000 however there are enough o's now while listening to the album notice in intension how it says pure as we begin i thought that might be a good place to start and i remembered the hand thing in the video and looked at the letters in the songs (i first did this for lateralus there are 13 letters in TOOL LA TE RA LUS and there are 13 songs this is when it occured to me that you could probably spell out the album name with the letters in the songs for more information on that go here
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=124287 ) so starting at Intension as the first leter (i know there are no 1's in Intension however if you count the I's as 1's then it works next i looked at the letters in the other songs i looked for where the O's were in those songs and if they would line up with the I's in Intension and i found that these songs lined up if you align them to the right

................1ntension
.........Lipan C0njuring
Wings for Marie, Pt. 1

count the letters from intension theres 9 letters then count where the 0 is in lipan conjuring 8 then count where the comma is in wings 7 (include the spaces, period and comma it lines up diagonally a perfect 45 degree angle like how the fire shoots out of the guys feet

now remember the giant spinning eyeball how it had 3 tentacles if you look at where those songs are on the album youll notice they are exactly 3 songs apart i continued this only starting at vicarious and moved ahead by 3 songs (not counting the songs i had already picked and i looked at those songs and saw that the O's in those songs lined up perfectly diagonally like the first 3 so i got 10,000 the songs that were left had letters in them that spelt the days part only they didnt line up perfectly however if you place viginte tres after 10000 days part 2 it makes it so jambi lines up in the correct spot

what i was trying to say in that part was that was what the spinning eyeball with 3 tentacles was supposed to represent in the video how you are supposed to move every 3 songs

now the blurry floating glass actually represents the song names and how the letters in them line up you see when it lines up perfectly you see that rainbow lens flair and when the glass cracks and begins to corrupt that represents when the song names do not line up to spell the title of the album

now back to when he goes into the trippy place after he passes out you see him looking at the different sun looking things this part is when he is looking for a starting place when he finds the right one (song) he dives into it and the fire shoots out of his tail at a perfect 45 degree angle like i said before

however this 10'000 days puzzle goes even deeper do you remember secret track 69 on undertow DAMN YOU LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES? look at the packaging of 10,000 days what do you see?

glasses

now remember after that when you wake up in your ditch you make it to your car and you try all the doors but they are locked however in 10000 days remember the song lost keys those are for your car in undertow so now that you have your car keys you can go into your car and what was in your car was a expensive leather camera case which is also why 10,000 days not only had lenses it also had pictures of the band members and other neat stuff that is your camera so when reverend maynard says DAMN YOU LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES hes actually talking about that camera in your car after you wake up it has a double meaning the first part of that track was just a dream

this is also why 10,000 days and undertow were the only 2 albums with pictures of all the band members they are connected

lateralus is what got me started with this all

i started thinking maybe the album didnt start with the grudge maybe the album started with another song after all maynard says choose 1 or 10 then i noticed reflection and how it was 2 songs away from the end and i wondered if it is 2 songs away from the end then what is 2 songs before it a gap? this eventually led me to the conclusion that there are 13 songs and 13 letters in the album title i then systematically mapped out where all the letters in teh songs were i came up with about 40 different possibilities which you can see here http://noitcnuflam.deviantart.com/#/d4avkh7 i just did those possibles to see if i could find them all and while doing those i noticed you could spell out TOOL diagonally using the Fibonacci sequence if i started at disposiTion moved down 1 to reflectiOn move down 2 to faaip de Oiad and then up 3 to ticks and Leeches then i went back and forth between lateralus and triad for the 5 Fibonacci number and got lateralus followed by triad as 8 i then looked at where reflection was and how it was 2 songs away from the end of the album i then repeated the fibonacchi sequencing for the beginning of the album only upside down starting at mantra as 1 then the patient 1 then the grudge 2 then parabola 3 there were only 3 songs left parabola eon blue and schism and when i looked at those songs and the letters in them i discovered it spelt out TOOL LA TE RA LUS perfectly diagonally like this

disposi T ion
reflecti O n
faaip de O iad
ticks and L eeches

latera L us
____tri A d

man T ra
th E patient

the g R udge
___par A bol

parabo L a
eon bl U e apocalypse
schi S m

(put that track list in wordpad on your computer and choose a monospaced font like fyxedsys and you will see they line up)

after listening to the songs i realized the lyrics werent lyrics they were instructions the albums aren't albums there tools and the music videos were instructional videos on how to use the tools like the monolith on 2001 a space odyssey

this is how i know its a puzzle

back to 10,000 days jambi is the name of the genie on pee wee's play house E-MOTHER FUCKING-T isnt a alien its a genie and viginte tres is a magic word the genie speaks when granting wishes the pot is where he lives i dont care if you think this part is stupid but it fits

i didnt figure it all out yet but i think thats enough for now
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
03-10-2012, 06:37 PM

or this could just be another 'there is so much going on there are bound to be synchronicities' type thing
Old 03-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

or this could just be another 'there is so much going on there are bound to be synchronicities' type thing
CommanderKeen
03-13-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
or i could be right
not necessarily with this track list
but how the letters line up to spell out the album name
Old 03-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #12
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
or i could be right
not necessarily with this track list
but how the letters line up to spell out the album name
CommanderKeen
03-14-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurok View Post
hey, look it from alligned like this

vicarI0us
____io000 days
im going to stop talking to you
Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #13
On Probation

Quote:
hey, look it from alligned like this

vicarI0us
____io000 days
im going to stop talking to you
CommanderKeen
05-26-2012, 06:56 AM

here i just figured this out so i thought id post it here i was having a hard time making this fit until i realized that viginte tres has to be translated to twenty three and then it all works here is the track list i came up with

i have a image of this as a whole so you can see how it lines up it is here
http://noitcnuflam.deviantart.com/ar...days-304455697

jamb1
the p0t
vicari0us
intensi0n
right in tw0
Lost keys
lipan cOnjuring
10,0O0 Days
rosetTA stoned
twentY three
wingS for marie

this could be it

jamb1 1
the p0t 0
vicari0us 0
intensi0n 0
right in tw0 0

10,0O0 Days D
rosetTA stoned A
twentY three Y
wingS for marie S

Lost keys L
lipan cOnjuring O
10,0O0 Days O
rosetTA stoned T

tool is spelt upside down but it spels it diagonally im going to listen to this now let you know how it goes
Old 05-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #14
On Probation

here i just figured this out so i thought id post it here i was having a hard time making this fit until i realized that viginte tres has to be translated to twenty three and then it all works here is the track list i came up with

jamb1
the p0t
vicari0us
intensi0n
right in tw0
Lost keys
lipan cOnjuring
10,0O0 Days
rosetTA stoned
twentY three
wingS for marie

this could be it

jamb1 1
the p0t 0
vicari0us 0
intensi0n 0
right in tw0 0

10,0O0 Days D
rosetTA stoned A
twentY three Y
wingS for marie S

Lost keys L
lipan cOnjuring O
10,0O0 Days O
rosetTA stoned T

tool is spelt upside down but it spels it diagonally im going to listen to this now let you know how it goes
CommanderKeen
05-26-2012, 10:05 AM

i was looking at the tracklist image i realized that this is a lock, lost keys is the key, notice how TOOL and DAYS are intertwined, that is the lock part look at where lost keys is on this list and notice the 2 tracks around it that stick out to the left this is the locking part you turn that part to unlock it what it unlocks im not exactly sure but that is what it is i think you just rotate the days part however it could be the entire tool and days part combined
Old 05-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #15
On Probation

i was looking at the tracklist image i realized that this is a lock, lost keys is the key, notice how TOOL and DAYS are intertwined, that is the lock part look at where lost keys is on this list and notice the 2 tracks around it that stick out to the left this is the locking part you turn that part to unlock it what it unlocks im not exactly sure but that is what it is i think you just rotate the days part however it could be the entire tool and days part combined
CommanderKeen
05-26-2012, 12:29 PM

after i realized it was a lock i decided to unlock it so here it is unlocked http://drownedinacid.deviantart.com/...cked-304516075

track

jambi
the pot
vicarious
intension
righT in two
10,000 Days (wings part 2)
lipan conjuring
lost keys (blame hofmann)
rosetta stoned
rosetta stoned
twenty three
wings for marie, part 1

you turn the songs lost keys lipan 10,000 days and rosetta upside down (it would then be rosetta, 10,000 days, lipan and lost keys) which are the songs that contain the TOOL portion tool was upside down when i found the track list so now tool is upside down however the days part is split into da and ys this is solved by rotating the 4 songs (rosetta, 10,000 days, lipan and lost keys) order so that lost keys and rosetta line up like they are on the ablum originally and you get this for those songs 10,000 days, lipan and lost keys then rosetta now if you look at the entire track list you will see that 10000 days and tool are all right side up if your too lazy to do it just go here
http://drownedinacid.deviantart.com/...cked-304516075
Old 05-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #16
On Probation

after i realized it was a lock i decided to unlock it so here it is unlocked http://drownedinacid.deviantart.com/...cked-304516075

track

jambi
the pot
vicarious
intension
righT in two
lipan conjuring
lost keys (blame hofmann)
rosetta stoned
rosetta stoned
twenty three
wings for marie, part 1

you turn the songs lost keys lipan 10,000 days and rosetta upside down (it would then be rosetta, 10,000 days, lipan and lost keys) which are the songs that contain the TOOL portion tool was upside down when i found the track list so now tool is upside down however the days part is split into da and ys this is solved by rotating the 4 songs (rosetta, 10,000 days, lipan and lost keys) order so that lost keys and rosetta line up like they are on the ablum originally and you get this for those songs 10,000 days, lipan and lost keys then rosetta now if you look at the entire track list you will see that 10000 days and tool are all right side up if your too lazy to do it just go here
http://drownedinacid.deviantart.com/...cked-304516075
CommanderKeen
05-26-2012, 01:28 PM

i just realized i fucked up the second part i put rosetta stoned and 10,000 Days (wings part 2) twice itsmy fault for only having 4 hours of sleep in 48 hours tho the first part works this one

jamb1
the p0t
vicari0us
intensi0n
right in tw0
Lost keys
lipan cOnjuring
10,0O0 Days
rosetTA stoned
twentY three
wingS for marie
Old 05-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #17
On Probation

i just realized i fucked up the second part i put rosetta stoned and 10,000 Days (wings part 2) twice itsmy fault for only having 4 hours of sleep in 48 hours tho the first part works this one

jamb1
the p0t
vicari0us
intensi0n
right in tw0
Lost keys
lipan cOnjuring
10,0O0 Days
rosetTA stoned
twentY three
wingS for marie
CommanderKeen
05-26-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
did you go for a testlisten? I'll give this trackorder a listening effort, ofcourse upsidedown, ending to Jamb1, which is a clever dig up that there is that thing what may.. oh what tha hell
you know what im gonna get some sleep and get back to you on that......
Old 05-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
On Probation

Quote:
did you go for a testlisten? I'll give this trackorder a listening effort, ofcourse upsidedown, ending to Jamb1, which is a clever dig up that there is that thing what may.. oh what tha hell
CommanderKeen
05-27-2012, 02:26 PM

i know this is the right track list because the j in Jambi lines up with the p in wings for marie (Pt 1) and the O in right in twO lines up with the last n in blame hofmanN

i was trying to figure out why tool included the (blame hofmann) part on lost keys and they added it so you can know it lines up properly
Old 05-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #19
On Probation

i know this is the right track list because the j in Jambi lines up with the p in wings for marie (Pt 1) and the O in right in twO lines up with the last n in blame hofmanN

i was trying to figure out why tool included the (blame hofmann) part on lost keys and they added it so you can know it lines up properly
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
05-27-2012, 02:37 PM

post #3 ftw, hands down.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #20
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

post #3 ftw, hands down.
05-28-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
post #3 ftw, hands down.
you know what this took about 3 years to do and it wasnt fun it was 3 years of hard tedious work i know you dont appreciate that cause your a cock sucking cock sucker so why dont you go suck a cock? you piece of shit you people dont appreciate anything
Old 05-28-2012, 02:37 AM   #21
On Probation

Quote:
post #3 ftw, hands down.
you know what this took about 3 years to do and it wasnt fun it was 3 years of hard tedious work i know you dont appreciate that cause your a cock sucking cock sucker so why dont you go suck a cock? you piece of shit you people dont appreciate anything
05-28-2012, 04:16 AM

"you people" ...nice ...so are you calling me gay - and J A G a "douche" - bc we don't think you didn't completely waste "about three years" of your life on this? this is how you want to deal with your critics? this is the criteria for drawing lines and pointing fingers (so easily)? do you realize how often you post the word "KNOW"? you are no god, sir/or ma'am. look, i've been in the need-to-know, need-to-feel-like-i'm-special, that i'm a better tool fan?wtf seriously, iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii don't appreciate this sort of thing? the first 70% of my posts were these sorts of posts - well, i'd like to think they were more involved and relevant, but whatever. this puzzle idea of yours is, frankly, babytown frolics ...i couldn't imagine tool wasting their time on this train of thought. in fact i think there are quotes mentioning that there are no tracklist rearranging involved in the puzzle. there is a puzzle, though. i'll give you that much.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #22
Level 10 - Vehement

"you people" ...nice ...so are you calling me gay - and J A G a "douche" - bc we don't think you didn't completely waste "about three years" of your life on this? this is how you want to deal with your critics? this is the criteria for drawing lines and pointing fingers (so easily)? do you realize how often you post the word "KNOW"? you are no god, sir/or ma'am. look, i've been in the need-to-know, need-to-feel-like-i'm-special, that i'm a better tool fan?wtf seriously, iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii don't appreciate this sort of thing? the first 70% of my posts were these sorts of posts - well, i'd like to think they were more involved and relevant, but whatever. this puzzle idea of yours is, frankly, babytown frolics ...i couldn't imagine tool wasting their time on this train of thought. in fact i think there are quotes mentioning that there are no tracklist rearranging involved in the puzzle. there is a puzzle, though. i'll give you that much.
05-28-2012, 04:26 AM

what quotes? where are there magical quotes? you speak of? oh grand exulted cock sucker?
Old 05-28-2012, 04:26 AM   #23
On Probation

what quotes? where are there magical quotes? you speak of? oh grand exulted cock sucker?
CommanderKeen
05-28-2012, 04:57 AM

here let me clear this up for you

go watch the video for vicarious and watch the guys hands they go like this _ \ || /

then look at the track list

index finger - lost keys
gap
middle finger - 10,000 days
ring finger - rosetta stoned
gap
pinky finger - wings for marie

see how the songs are spaced out do you know the rosetta sone was? it translated the egyptian language to english when the guy in the video holds up his hand it shows you how the songs are supposed to be
Old 05-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #24
On Probation

go watch the video for vicarious and watch the guys hands they go like this _ \ || /

index finger - lost keys
gap
gap

see how the songs are spaced out do you know the rosetta sone was? it translated the egyptian language to english when the guy in the video holds up his hand it shows you how the songs are supposed to be
05-28-2012, 05:45 AM

nothing about these last two albums - on their own! - would suggest anything about there being a puzzle, save schism's whole "pieces fit" motif... but of course that doesn't HAVE to mean anything so specific; it's art/metaphor afterall - they could've been referring to a dovetail joint, as a sort of base 420/jesusdogma reference or something concerning peace love and understanding ...who the fuck knows save the people who created it ~! and that's my point...

Quote:
what quotes? where are there magical quotes? you speak of?
all art is a puzzle. inversely (and paradoxicallySLASHslightly-ironic), only evil-asshole-fucktard-pieces-of-shit (aka the "fevered egos" and "sellouts") would want to try to define or anchor its essence, esp monetarily. but of all the places to nudge this theory into motion, you went with the "pure as we begin" lyric within intension?

h'okay. we all know that... there is a plethora of "convenient" TOOLlyrics in the crackpot/conspiracy-fan's TOOLbelt - "over-thinking/over-analyzing separates the body from the mind" and "you must've been high" have been the general call-and-response for years! - but where are these magical lyrical instructions you keep speaking of ...for three years now? are you sure you're not just "lipan conjuring" this belief "by will alone"?

the lyrics are a fair place to start, esp. since most people only get as far as the music - even if they loved it! i don't know anyone who researches the band via wikipedia before listening to them. tool fans - the real ones ...you know ...us - are a special breed ...or at least we like to think we are? *cough* but why stop at the tracklist? what does that do for anyone? further to the point, if you've never heard the band members talk about the puzzle and all lyrics only get as far as the word "pieces" then why are you assuming there even is a puzzle? where the hell did you get that idea from?

anyone else care enough to ctrl+c/v this shit for me? ...yo? i mean it's really more for CommanderKeen. random pizzle quotes? i'd imagine google searching: site:toolband.com puzzle ...might do some good.

Quote:
oh grand exulted cock sucker?
i hope you meant exalted.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 05-28-2012 at 05:47 AM..
Old 05-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #25
Level 10 - Vehement

nothing about these last two albums - on their own! - would suggest anything about there being a puzzle, save schism's whole "pieces fit" motif... but of course that doesn't HAVE to mean anything so specific; it's art/metaphor afterall - they could've been referring to a dovetail joint, as a sort of base 420/jesusdogma reference or something concerning peace love and understanding ...who the fuck knows save the people who created it ~! and that's my point...

Quote:
what quotes? where are there magical quotes? you speak of?
all art is a puzzle. inversely (and paradoxicallySLASHslightly-ironic), only evil-asshole-fucktard-pieces-of-shit (aka the "fevered egos" and "sellouts") would want to try to define or anchor its essence, esp monetarily. but of all the places to nudge this theory into motion, you went with the "pure as we begin" lyric within intension?

h'okay. we all know that... there is a plethora of "convenient" TOOLlyrics in the crackpot/conspiracy-fan's TOOLbelt - "over-thinking/over-analyzing separates the body from the mind" and "you must've been high" have been the general call-and-response for years! - but where are these magical lyrical instructions you keep speaking of ...for three years now? are you sure you're not just "lipan conjuring" this belief "by will alone"?

the lyrics are a fair place to start, esp. since most people only get as far as the music - even if they loved it! i don't know anyone who researches the band via wikipedia before listening to them. tool fans - the real ones ...you know ...us - are a special breed ...or at least we like to think we are? *cough* but why stop at the tracklist? what does that do for anyone? further to the point, if you've never heard the band members talk about the puzzle and all lyrics only get as far as the word "pieces" then why are you assuming there even is a puzzle? where the hell did you get that idea from?

anyone else care enough to ctrl+c/v this shit for me? ...yo? i mean it's really more for CommanderKeen. random pizzle quotes? i'd imagine google searching: site:toolband.com puzzle ...might do some good.

Quote:
oh grand exulted cock sucker?
i hope you meant exalted.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 05-28-2012 at 05:47 AM..
CommanderKeen
05-28-2012, 05:51 AM

you know there is a old pythagoras quote

Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they please.

i know i got it right so fuck you
Old 05-28-2012, 05:51 AM   #26
On Probation

you know there is a old pythagoras quote

Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they please.

i know i got it right so fuck you
05-28-2012, 06:24 AM

babytown frolics, my friend.
babytown frolics.

pythagoras, huh? but no real response? wow, had no idea mitt romney was such a tool... fan. BAM!!! sooooo, you're not gonna ctrl+c/v "site:toolband.com puzzle" into google search? want me to post the link so you can just single-click that shit? what am i saying, you already knowz about it. your 3 years weren't wasted, my 3 minutes were. you win, you're the winner, and i actually suck cock for not realizing or agreeing with your bs.

you know what that lonnnnng response took about 3 minutes to do and it wasnt fun it was 3 minutes of -hard- tedious work i know you dont appreciate that cause your a cock sucking cock sucker so why dont you go suck a cock? you piece of shit you people dont appreciate anything

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 05-28-2012 at 06:30 AM..
Old 05-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #27
Level 10 - Vehement

babytown frolics, my friend.
babytown frolics.

pythagoras, huh? but no real response? wow, had no idea mitt romney was such a tool... fan. BAM!!! sooooo, you're not gonna ctrl+c/v "site:toolband.com puzzle" into google search? want me to post the link so you can just single-click that shit? what am i saying, you already knowz about it. your 3 years weren't wasted, my 3 minutes were. you win, you're the winner, and i actually suck cock for not realizing or agreeing with your bs.

you know what that lonnnnng response took about 3 minutes to do and it wasnt fun it was 3 minutes of -hard- tedious work i know you dont appreciate that cause your a cock sucking cock sucker so why dont you go suck a cock? you piece of shit you people dont appreciate anything

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 05-28-2012 at 06:30 AM..
05-28-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
yeah, mull it over. give it some thought... i expect a more constructive response tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #28
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
yeah, mull it over. give it some thought... i expect a more constructive response tomorrow.
05-28-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
no im not talking to you anymore
Old 05-28-2012, 07:33 AM   #29
On Probation

Quote:
no im not talking to you anymore
05-28-2012, 08:07 AM

Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #30
Level 10 - Vehement

05-28-2012, 01:49 PM

iAMtheMA! i greatly enjoy reading your input on this site. Your posts always hysterical, informed, and well written. i tip my hat to you. O and great mr. show link.

Anyways, this idea of a different track order is ludacris. Danny Carey did say in an interview that they put these tracks in this specific order. I can't remember it exactly or where I found it but he definitely seemed to be contrasting 10,000 days and lateralus in terms of the track order not needing to be rearranged.

I hate to break it to you Commander, but you have wasted three years of your life doing this. Hopefully you got something out of it for your own enjoyment and peace of mind.

I love trying to solve the Puzzle of the album but it does not involve the track order. That was Lateralus. 10,000 days concerns the pictures in the album artwork. I wish i knew what the fackin' meaning of them are, but I know Those of TOOL have directed our attention to them, wishing us not to focus on track order.

I admire your dedication to Toolology and your infested psychosis to spend this much time on solving puzzles. But i couldn't say it any better than IAMtheMA (and Archer) did... BABYTOWN FROLICS. Redirect your energy toward the album artwork and song lyrics, not rearranging the tracks. If anyone can solve the puzzle, it'll probably be you because youre batshit crazy enough to spend YEARS working on it.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #31
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

iAMtheMA! i greatly enjoy reading your input on this site. Your posts always hysterical, informed, and well written. i tip my hat to you. O and great mr. show link.

Anyways, this idea of a different track order is ludacris. Danny Carey did say in an interview that they put these tracks in this specific order. I can't remember it exactly or where I found it but he definitely seemed to be contrasting 10,000 days and lateralus in terms of the track order not needing to be rearranged.

I hate to break it to you Commander, but you have wasted three years of your life doing this. Hopefully you got something out of it for your own enjoyment and peace of mind.

I love trying to solve the Puzzle of the album but it does not involve the track order. That was Lateralus. 10,000 days concerns the pictures in the album artwork. I wish i knew what the fackin' meaning of them are, but I know Those of TOOL have directed our attention to them, wishing us not to focus on track order.

I admire your dedication to Toolology and your infested psychosis to spend this much time on solving puzzles. But i couldn't say it any better than IAMtheMA (and Archer) did... BABYTOWN FROLICS. Redirect your energy toward the album artwork and song lyrics, not rearranging the tracks. If anyone can solve the puzzle, it'll probably be you because youre batshit crazy enough to spend YEARS working on it.
05-28-2012, 09:43 PM

thank you so much for the kind words, Lateralareallofus; anything i post now will sound like my face should be in a great deal of pain, and i mean that in a good way; sure feels nice to feel appreciated. i'm also a bit high right now, but i don't care, i'ma post something. idk, go with it.

heh, but speaking of (and in looking at Lateralareallofus's avatar picture) ...i definitely still wonder about the lateralus tracklisting. seems sooooo intentional, too intentional. like, i've been thinking lately that it -could- be experienced-as (or potentially-made-to-be-representative-of) the growth of a plant~! or a double metaphor for the evolution of thought itself!(a strong hicks theme)... sort of like alchemy, maybe. album art/packaging = the seed's own packaging (incl. the protective outter husk, spiralling dna within) ...the CD = the "SEE-D"(!)*. think about it! this way even the illiterate or dogmatic blind can simply "pick up" on its instructions ...like inherently. i mean that's what the spirituals were during slavery, work/field songs during the great depression (/dust bowl), old prison movies, et al

every genre of music is a direct reflection of the set/TIME and setting/SPACE [enter preposition]in which it was created ...sacred due to necessity (that jared diamond book comes to mind). in other words, these songs are important tools for survival; music gets us through ...and any scientist since the beginning of science will tell you that bjork was right. we simply choose to look the other way.

love under will = soil, sun, water. no more, no less - it is the golden rule. still, eQ/pH levels will vary according to individual growth preferences, various climate/conditions, and solar/wind orientations, but beyond this? ...the only requirement is a little patience. DIRECTIONS. under clear skies (after all danger of a closed mind is passed), sow 1 lateralus cd at a time into the player and press down lightly (on the play button). remember of cores that the richest soil is sure to bear the sweetest fruit - i just came up with that! (horticulturally speaking though, this probably isn't always true) - but try to remain as organic as possible. siriusly(ha...ha...ha), stay away from pesticides of all kinds (they will just weigh your will, your plant, and your entire listening experience down)!

then all you do is add water~! WISHIN' WELL! i mean, all you do is listen! let the music wash over everything and nothing as if for the first time and all at once ...like it's the eon of a blue apocalypse upon the once barron grudge of a wasteland. whatever that means. point is, the lateralus tracklist is sequentially perfect and shouldn't be altered, just "reimagined" ...plants don't read from left to right, or from up to down ...they can't even read at all! they can only press play - panta rhei.

* sonic visionaries, sonic landscapes. "d" being the 4th letter of the alphabet, and 4 having geometric relations with the square AND hexahedron (one of the 5 platonic solids, aka a cube) which are both known since antiquity to be symbolic of both the body AND earth, see da vinci's vitruvian, plato's ...whatever. so(w)...
Old 05-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #32
Level 10 - Vehement

thank you so much for the kind words, Lateralareallofus; anything i post now will sound like my face should be in a great deal of pain, and i mean that in a good way; sure feels nice to feel appreciated. i'm also a bit high right now, but i don't care, i'ma post something. idk, go with it.

heh, but speaking of (and in looking at Lateralareallofus's avatar picture) ...i definitely still wonder about the lateralus tracklisting. seems sooooo intentional, too intentional. like, i've been thinking lately that it -could- be experienced-as (or potentially-made-to-be-representative-of) the growth of a plant~! or a double metaphor for the evolution of thought itself!(a strong hicks theme)... sort of like alchemy, maybe. album art/packaging = the seed's own packaging (incl. the protective outter husk, spiralling dna within) ...the CD = the "SEE-D"(!)*. think about it! this way even the illiterate or dogmatic blind can simply "pick up" on its instructions ...like inherently. i mean that's what the spirituals were during slavery, work/field songs during the great depression (/dust bowl), old prison movies, et al

every genre of music is a direct reflection of the set/TIME and setting/SPACE [enter preposition]in which it was created ...sacred due to necessity (that jared diamond book comes to mind). in other words, these songs are important tools for survival; music gets us through ...and any scientist since the beginning of science will tell you that bjork was right. we simply choose to look the other way.

love under will = soil, sun, water. no more, no less - it is the golden rule. still, eQ/pH levels will vary according to individual growth preferences, various climate/conditions, and solar/wind orientations, but beyond this? ...the only requirement is a little patience. DIRECTIONS. under clear skies (after all danger of a closed mind is passed), sow 1 lateralus cd at a time into the player and press down lightly (on the play button). remember of cores that the richest soil is sure to bear the sweetest fruit - i just came up with that! (horticulturally speaking though, this probably isn't always true) - but try to remain as organic as possible. siriusly(ha...ha...ha), stay away from pesticides of all kinds (they will just weigh your will, your plant, and your entire listening experience down)!

then all you do is add water~! WISHIN' WELL! i mean, all you do is listen! let the music wash over everything and nothing as if for the first time and all at once ...like it's the eon of a blue apocalypse upon the once barron grudge of a wasteland. whatever that means. point is, the lateralus tracklist is sequentially perfect and shouldn't be altered, just "reimagined" ...plants don't read from left to right, or from up to down ...they can't even read at all! they can only press play - panta rhei.

* sonic visionaries, sonic landscapes. "d" being the 4th letter of the alphabet, and 4 having geometric relations with the square AND hexahedron (one of the 5 platonic solids, aka a cube) which are both known since antiquity to be symbolic of both the body AND earth, see da vinci's vitruvian, plato's ...whatever. so(w)...
05-28-2012, 10:24 PM

also, it kind of seems like the audiotrack "lipan conjuring" might've been composed to represent the aural equivalent of the stereoscopic cards found throughout the liners ...a stereo-PHONIC image, as in magic ears! again, maybe. DIRECTIONS. with the music against your ears, relax your listening and slowly pull your mind back from the gross hardware until a deeper, more subtle 3-D image can be obtained.

p.s. ^ it works, but i don't know what it sounds like.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 05-28-2012 at 10:34 PM..
Old 05-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #33
Level 10 - Vehement

also, it kind of seems like the audiotrack "lipan conjuring" might've been composed to represent the aural equivalent of the stereoscopic cards found throughout the liners ...a stereo-PHONIC image, as in magic ears! again, maybe. DIRECTIONS. with the music against your ears, relax your listening and slowly pull your mind back from the gross hardware until a deeper, more subtle 3-D image can be obtained.

p.s. ^ it works, but i don't know what it sounds like.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 05-28-2012 at 10:34 PM..
CommanderKeen
05-29-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralareallofus View Post

the pictures in the albums if you notice theres only 2 albums with pictures of the band members which are 10,000 days and Undertow these two albums are connected ive written this before but anyways remember secret track 69 theres a few things in that song that relate to 10,000 days

first off rev maynard says DAMN YOU LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES and if you look at the packaging of 10,000 days youll notice theres stereoscopic lenses on it which are the glasses for the rabbits

secondly near the end of secret track 69 after you wake up in your ditch you walk to your car and try all the doors but they are locked and if you look at the track list for 10,000 days youll notice the song LOST KEYS these keys are for your car

thirdly what was inside the car was an expensive leather camera case the packaging for 10,000 days is pretty much a camera it has a lense and allows you to view pictures

fourthly you have to realize that in secret track 69 one half of the song is a dream and one half is after you wake up when rev maynard says DAMN YOU LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES hes actually talking about the camera in the car

fithly this is more of a hobby of mine it wasnt really a waste of 3 years i just thought you guys might appreciate it however that track list does line up perfectly

sixthly I DONT HAVE THE ALBUM ARTWORK ALL MY CDS WERE STOLDEN ALL I HAVE TO WORK WITH IS THE TRACK LIST AND ALSO I WAS KIDNAPPED ONCE IT WASNT FUN I HAD TO LIVE IN A HOUSE WITH COCKROACHES CRAWLING ALL OVER THE WALLS HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED TO YOU? NO?

-thanks
Old 05-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #34
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralareallofus View Post

the pictures in the albums if you notice theres only 2 albums with pictures of the band members which are 10,000 days and Undertow these two albums are connected ive written this before but anyways remember secret track 69 theres a few things in that song that relate to 10,000 days

first off rev maynard says DAMN YOU LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES and if you look at the packaging of 10,000 days youll notice theres stereoscopic lenses on it which are the glasses for the rabbits

secondly near the end of secret track 69 after you wake up in your ditch you walk to your car and try all the doors but they are locked and if you look at the track list for 10,000 days youll notice the song LOST KEYS these keys are for your car

thirdly what was inside the car was an expensive leather camera case the packaging for 10,000 days is pretty much a camera it has a lense and allows you to view pictures

fourthly you have to realize that in secret track 69 one half of the song is a dream and one half is after you wake up when rev maynard says DAMN YOU LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES hes actually talking about the camera in the car

fithly this is more of a hobby of mine it wasnt really a waste of 3 years i just thought you guys might appreciate it however that track list does line up perfectly

sixthly I DONT HAVE THE ALBUM ARTWORK ALL MY CDS WERE STOLDEN ALL I HAVE TO WORK WITH IS THE TRACK LIST AND ALSO I WAS KIDNAPPED ONCE IT WASNT FUN I HAD TO LIVE IN A HOUSE WITH COCKROACHES CRAWLING ALL OVER THE WALLS HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED TO YOU? NO?

-thanks
CommanderKeen
05-29-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
The stone missed pieces! Gaps you point out are meant to segues?other songs? If there is a stone, that had 3 languages telling the same things? 3 albums repeating that voice? I think there is something too in this hand, why there's a multisecond part of handshake anyway?

yes this track list

jamb1
the p0t
vicari0us
intensi0n
right in tw0
Lost keys
lipan cOnjuring
10,0O0 Days
rosetTA stoned
twentY three
wingS for marie

i was just pointing out if you look at this track list youll see that those 4 songs line up with the hand thing the guy does in vicarious
Old 05-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #35
On Probation

Quote:
The stone missed pieces! Gaps you point out are meant to segues?other songs? If there is a stone, that had 3 languages telling the same things? 3 albums repeating that voice? I think there is something too in this hand, why there's a multisecond part of handshake anyway?

yes this track list

jamb1
the p0t
vicari0us
intensi0n
right in tw0
Lost keys
lipan cOnjuring
10,0O0 Days
rosetTA stoned
twentY three
wingS for marie

i was just pointing out if you look at this track list youll see that those 4 songs line up with the hand thing the guy does in vicarious
CommanderKeen
05-29-2012, 12:55 AM

i only pointed out that i was kidnapped cause well im sick of people ridiculing me
Old 05-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #36
On Probation

i only pointed out that i was kidnapped cause well im sick of people ridiculing me
CommanderKeen
05-29-2012, 03:43 AM

but you know if they did the thing on lateralus how the songs are rearranged dont you think they might have done it for this album too?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:43 AM   #37
On Probation

but you know if they did the thing on lateralus how the songs are rearranged dont you think they might have done it for this album too?
05-29-2012, 08:33 AM

i think the 'inside the outside' tour was in 2002? it was definitely by that point that the "holy gift" arrangement took flight. inside spiral: 6>7, 5>8, 4>9, outside spiral: 3>10, 2>11, 1>12. with faaip de oiad (track 13) in the middle ...twelve around one, not unlike the constellations about the earth (sans ophiuchus) or disciplines around jesus - saturated in sacred geometry. and the way schism overlaps ticks and leeches, tracks 5>8 ...that also works, and i have heard it! i think it's absolutely beautiful. not sure how intentional it was ...but ultimately, it - along with every other tracklist rearrangement scheme - had been dismissed as fan-brication or mere coincidence.

but just think about it: i know ...the pieces ...FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! SPLASH! overlapping ticks and leeches (of mind) begins, the fire droplet falls out the sky bringing the two hemispheres together, into the sacred "becoming christlike"-union/sync we see AT THE END OF EVERY TOOL VIDEO EVER!!! danny hits off from schism abruptly, dramatically ...just as the ticks and leeches bass comes in ...abruptly, dramatically.

i will agree that the videos are instructional aids for something... i don't know what exactly... but it's gonna be more involved and worthwhile than these COMPLETELY RANDOM ASSOCIATION \||/, configurations.

Quote:

index finger - lost keys
gap
gap

i've memorized vicarious, so i don't need to watch the video ...i'll watch it right now, in my head, over and over, backwards, forwards, and fifty more times before ...i ...finish ....this... sentence. definitely, definitely intense. it's a great video! but the hand gesture has far more to do with the vicarious video itself than it does with the tracklist of the 10,000 days album. if you have the vicarious dvd packaging then all you need to do is open it up and look at the cut in the land of the dvd album liners. fractal shit. 'cause the BUG is in the hand of the guy in the video! so now the guy's having a dream about himself having a dream about the guy! AND YOU'RE THAT GUY!!! well, if you have the hardcopy...

"shows you how the songs are supposed to be" ...you sound like a southern evangelist in your assumptions sometimes. like, holy shit. bill hicks usta say: NEVER! trust a man who starts a sentence by saying: I THINK WHAT GOD -MEANT- TO SAY...!!! or something like that. please tell me you're adam jones or maynard jk. where does it say that hand gesture has anything to do with a tracklist? how are you jumping to that idea? fanbrication me thinks. (that word'll take off, right?)

and there's not a single word of english on the rosetta stone.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #38
Level 10 - Vehement

i think the 'inside the outside' tour was in 2002? it was definitely by that point that the "holy gift" arrangement took flight. inside spiral: 6>7, 5>8, 4>9, outside spiral: 3>10, 2>11, 1>12. with faaip de oiad (track 13) in the middle ...twelve around one, not unlike the constellations about the earth (sans ophiuchus) or disciplines around jesus - saturated in sacred geometry. and the way schism overlaps ticks and leeches, tracks 5>8 ...that also works, and i have heard it! i think it's absolutely beautiful. not sure how intentional it was ...but ultimately, it - along with every other tracklist rearrangement scheme - had been dismissed as fan-brication or mere coincidence.

but just think about it: i know ...the pieces ...FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! SPLASH! overlapping ticks and leeches (of mind) begins, the fire droplet falls out the sky bringing the two hemispheres together, into the sacred "becoming christlike"-union/sync we see AT THE END OF EVERY TOOL VIDEO EVER!!! danny hits off from schism abruptly, dramatically ...just as the ticks and leeches bass comes in ...abruptly, dramatically.

i will agree that the videos are instructional aids for something... i don't know what exactly... but it's gonna be more involved and worthwhile than these COMPLETELY RANDOM ASSOCIATION \||/, configurations.

Quote:

index finger - lost keys
gap
gap

i've memorized vicarious, so i don't need to watch the video ...i'll watch it right now, in my head, over and over, backwards, forwards, and fifty more times before ...i ...finish ....this... sentence. definitely, definitely intense. it's a great video! but the hand gesture has far more to do with the vicarious video itself than it does with the tracklist of the 10,000 days album. if you have the vicarious dvd packaging then all you need to do is open it up and look at the cut in the land of the dvd album liners. fractal shit. 'cause the BUG is in the hand of the guy in the video! so now the guy's having a dream about himself having a dream about the guy! AND YOU'RE THAT GUY!!! well, if you have the hardcopy...

"shows you how the songs are supposed to be" ...you sound like a southern evangelist in your assumptions sometimes. like, holy shit. bill hicks usta say: NEVER! trust a man who starts a sentence by saying: I THINK WHAT GOD -MEANT- TO SAY...!!! or something like that. please tell me you're adam jones or maynard jk. where does it say that hand gesture has anything to do with a tracklist? how are you jumping to that idea? fanbrication me thinks. (that word'll take off, right?)

and there's not a single word of english on the rosetta stone.
05-29-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
well i know i haven't been kidnapped enough to win this argument. i should've known what i was getting into. and so it is with a heavy heart that i feel i must concede.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #39
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
well i know i haven't been kidnapped enough to win this argument. i should've known what i was getting into. and so it is with a heavy heart that i feel i must concede.
05-29-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Yeah sure
here's the stereoscopic visual of the "lipan conjuring" audio track: synethesia

- stereophonic.
- i think it was blair who name-dropped the software?
(though i can't seem to remember the name of it)
- it's in the shape of a golden rectangle, for your viewing pleasure
- can be re-sized and aligned to the track's own duration
(using the horizontal scroll at the bottom of any audio player)
Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #40
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Yeah sure
here's the stereoscopic visual of the "lipan conjuring" audio track: synethesia

- stereophonic.
- i think it was blair who name-dropped the software?
(though i can't seem to remember the name of it)
- it's in the shape of a golden rectangle, for your viewing pleasure
- can be re-sized and aligned to the track's own duration
(using the horizontal scroll at the bottom of any audio player)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply