Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
cheguevara6
05-26-2009, 06:46 AM

was this officially commented on by the band, or is this some theory developed by us fans?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:46 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Did the band say there was a puzzle to 10,000 days?

was this officially commented on by the band, or is this some theory developed by us fans?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Kody27
05-26-2009, 04:16 PM

quit making a bunch of useless bulletins just because you have some stupid questions that you want answered that have already been chewed up spit out and re asked over again a thousand times on this very forum. jesus christ, and yes, if you look in the news archive on the official toolband website, blair clearly says that the concert poster and the booklet pics can be used to help solve a "sort of puzzle". very vague, but clearly vague nonetheless.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 7
Re: Did the band say there was a puzzle to 10,000 days?

quit making a bunch of useless bulletins just because you have some stupid questions that you want answered that have already been chewed up spit out and re asked over again a thousand times on this very forum. jesus christ, and yes, if you look in the news archive on the official toolband website, blair clearly says that the concert poster and the booklet pics can be used to help solve a "sort of puzzle". very vague, but clearly vague nonetheless.
cheguevara6
05-26-2009, 09:30 PM

not everyone knows every little tidbit on tool. Sorry i am not a expert on everything tool. I like their music and own all the albums but beyond that I dont know much.

This is a discussion board, last time I checked, so I am doing exactly that. Creating discussion. Didnt know the mods had banned activities like that. Although they may want to look into banning harassment and thread derailing and name calling. You may know a thing or two about that.

Sorry I wasnt schooled in tool lore and know all the band members cousins names and their birthstones.

jerk
Old 05-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

not everyone knows every little tidbit on tool. Sorry i am not a expert on everything tool. I like their music and own all the albums but beyond that I dont know much.

This is a discussion board, last time I checked, so I am doing exactly that. Creating discussion. Didnt know the mods had banned activities like that. Although they may want to look into banning harassment and thread derailing and name calling. You may know a thing or two about that.

Sorry I wasnt schooled in tool lore and know all the band members cousins names and their birthstones.

jerk
cheguevara6
05-26-2009, 09:34 PM

instead of being asinine and rude, maybe you could have just put the link to the newsletter item. I obviously didnt see it. I didnt know I was expected to have read every single item every written on tool. I obviously hasnt seen the article about this or the lyrics otherwise.

Is there a forum rule that says you cant ask questions?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

instead of being asinine and rude, maybe you could have just put the link to the newsletter item. I obviously didnt see it. I didnt know I was expected to have read every single item every written on tool. I obviously hasnt seen the article about this or the lyrics otherwise.

Is there a forum rule that says you cant ask questions?
cheguevara6
05-26-2009, 09:36 PM

i could see if I had a high post count, you chewing me out or something. But I dont have 500 posts friend. You do. I have 8 or something. So obviously and clearly I dont know much about the board.

Next time, dont jump down someones throat!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

i could see if I had a high post count, you chewing me out or something. But I dont have 500 posts friend. You do. I have 8 or something. So obviously and clearly I dont know much about the board.

Next time, dont jump down someones throat!
Kody27
05-26-2009, 10:35 PM

dont get so defensive asshat, i'll jump down your throat and stay there until your trachea explodes cancerous dust particles into the outer atmosphere. don't ask anymore stupid questions. ever.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
On Probation

dont get so defensive asshat, i'll jump down your throat and stay there until your trachea explodes cancerous dust particles into the outer atmosphere. don't ask anymore stupid questions. ever.
Kody27
05-26-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
So here's the scoop: there's dotted lines and shit on the pictures, but when you cut the pictures along those dotted lines, they are different sizes. Perhaps if you had a really great scanner or cut the poster into the same proportions as the smaller cutouts, you could use photoshop to either print them out in equal sizes and look through the glasses or just make them overlap on your screen and look at it.

Honestly I don't have the poster or a good scanner, and when I tried to do it with the pictures that I found on the internet, they were too small and I suck at photoshop, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see anything when I tried it anyway. But if you do it and it tells you about some secret website or something and also makes you swear not to go to it, then at least pm me the pics you scanned.
here's the scoop on the scoop: thanks for getting us nowhere. ooh, maybe if we fold along the dotted lines, we'll get alien origami that symbolizes universal truths through three dimensional sacred geometry, or maybe we'll get a piece of shit that doesn't fit or make any sense, or both.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
So here's the scoop: there's dotted lines and shit on the pictures, but when you cut the pictures along those dotted lines, they are different sizes. Perhaps if you had a really great scanner or cut the poster into the same proportions as the smaller cutouts, you could use photoshop to either print them out in equal sizes and look through the glasses or just make them overlap on your screen and look at it.

Honestly I don't have the poster or a good scanner, and when I tried to do it with the pictures that I found on the internet, they were too small and I suck at photoshop, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see anything when I tried it anyway. But if you do it and it tells you about some secret website or something and also makes you swear not to go to it, then at least pm me the pics you scanned.
here's the scoop on the scoop: thanks for getting us nowhere. ooh, maybe if we fold along the dotted lines, we'll get alien origami that symbolizes universal truths through three dimensional sacred geometry, or maybe we'll get a piece of shit that doesn't fit or make any sense, or both.
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar æmoeba•°·.
05-26-2009, 11:13 PM

I wanted to test what might happen if you mix the band members in pictures, however, I seem to have lost my booklet, so I'm leaving this hopelessly attempted, far fetched suggestion as a gift for your curiosity.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

I wanted to test what might happen if you mix the band members in pictures, however, I seem to have lost my booklet, so I'm leaving this hopelessly attempted, far fetched suggestion as a gift for your curiosity.
Mozeley's Avatar Mozeley
05-27-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
Kody, I think you're being slightly harsh. It's not like he's insulting anybody - and the questions ain't that bad.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:43 AM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Kody, I think you're being slightly harsh. It's not like he's insulting anybody - and the questions ain't that bad.
05-27-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Each of Tool's albums has hidden tracks or sonic Easter eggs for the listener to discover. “Yeah, there's things on this record,” Barresi reveals. “There are two in particular that are very interesting. One was a piece that Adam had worked on. We put it together while we were at mastering and in the hotel room the night before. We kind of tweaked it more the following day with effects, arranging and stuff.”
http://mixonline.com/recording/proje...ng_tools_days/

I wonder.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #10

Bincount™: 391

Quote:
Each of Tool's albums has hidden tracks or sonic Easter eggs for the listener to discover. “Yeah, there's things on this record,” Barresi reveals. “There are two in particular that are very interesting. One was a piece that Adam had worked on. We put it together while we were at mastering and in the hotel room the night before. We kind of tweaked it more the following day with effects, arranging and stuff.”
http://mixonline.com/recording/proje...ng_tools_days/

I wonder.
Ganjalf's Avatar Ganjalf
05-27-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
a) Intension

b) wings for marie - 10,000 Days - Viginti Tres
B is not intentional and doesn't even sound that great.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:28 AM   #11
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
a) Intension

b) wings for marie - 10,000 Days - Viginti Tres
B is not intentional and doesn't even sound that great.
05-27-2009, 08:53 AM

Not intentional my ass, viginti tres (23) literally symbolizes synchronicites, and the fact that it is the same exact track length necessary to equal wingspt2 when added to part 1. not to mention the shear brilliance of emotion and soundscape that perfectly fits in time with the tracks when they're mixed together, it's perfect. pull your head out of your ass.
it's not the secret puzzle but it is definitely intentional.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:53 AM   #12
On Probation

Not intentional my ass, viginti tres (23) literally symbolizes synchronicites, and the fact that it is the same exact track length necessary to equal wingspt2 when added to part 1. not to mention the shear brilliance of emotion and soundscape that perfectly fits in time with the tracks when they're mixed together, it's perfect. pull your head out of your ass.
it's not the secret puzzle but it is definitely intentional.
05-27-2009, 10:55 AM

i remember some interview where mjk said something about mixing tracks is bs.

whats the thing with intension?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #13

Bincount™: 391

i remember some interview where mjk said something about mixing tracks is bs.

whats the thing with intension?
Kody27
05-27-2009, 11:19 AM

nothing, you can play it backwards though and it still sounds cool, the song structure is almost symmetrical, like a palindrome progression.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #14
On Probation

nothing, you can play it backwards though and it still sounds cool, the song structure is almost symmetrical, like a palindrome progression.
Cheesegreater
05-27-2009, 02:09 PM

kody27 I have to side with dude on this one. If I were to dig up the threads that a lot of these topics were first referenced in, I'd be wasting a lot of time. After all, nearly every thread on here these days boils down to small talk and jokes (a lot of which are very fuckin' funny, don't get me wrong) so it's refreshing to see a few on topic threads from time to time around here. An increasing rarity.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

kody27 I have to side with dude on this one. If I were to dig up the threads that a lot of these topics were first referenced in, I'd be wasting a lot of time. After all, nearly every thread on here these days boils down to small talk and jokes (a lot of which are very fuckin' funny, don't get me wrong) so it's refreshing to see a few on topic threads from time to time around here. An increasing rarity.
Kody27
05-27-2009, 02:43 PM

i'm still waiting for someone to bring something new to the table on this topic, hasn't happened yet. imo, as i've said before, the puzzle is a complex yet simply understood integrated, interwoven masterpiece of music, images, occult philosophies, and self-communicative programming methods involving the tree of life as studied by qabbalists, hermeticists, and golden dawn members alike.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #16
On Probation

i'm still waiting for someone to bring something new to the table on this topic, hasn't happened yet. imo, as i've said before, the puzzle is a complex yet simply understood integrated, interwoven masterpiece of music, images, occult philosophies, and self-communicative programming methods involving the tree of life as studied by qabbalists, hermeticists, and golden dawn members alike.
Cheesegreater
05-27-2009, 03:54 PM

Haha... In that case I certainly feel your frustration. I get lost in the content of their songs, and it's irritating as hell knowing there's something more to it because hey, it's Tool. As far as someone bringing something new to the table concerning this 10,000 Days puzzle... I'm one of those who's yet to be convinced there's one present. But as Carl Sagan's once aptly said, "Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

So who knows, but I can't help but feel like I'm a kid who's just gotten his secret decoder ring out of his cereal box on a quest to solve Sherlock Holmes' latest mystery every time a new Tool album comes out.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Haha... In that case I certainly feel your frustration. I get lost in the content of their songs, and it's irritating as hell knowing there's something more to it because hey, it's Tool. As far as someone bringing something new to the table concerning this 10,000 Days puzzle... I'm one of those who's yet to be convinced there's one present. But as Carl Sagan's once aptly said, "Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

So who knows, but I can't help but feel like I'm a kid who's just gotten his secret decoder ring out of his cereal box on a quest to solve Sherlock Holmes' latest mystery every time a new Tool album comes out.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
05-27-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheguevara6 View Post

jerk
I would suggest for starters that you go read the FAQ on this website.

Here's another few tidbits to read up on:

http://www.vanillacircus.net/book/tool_book.pdf

This guy's insight is really interesting too:

http://hubpages.com/hub/faaipdeoiad

http://hubpages.com/hub/negativeions
Old 05-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #18
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheguevara6 View Post

jerk
I would suggest for starters that you go read the FAQ on this website.

Here's another few tidbits to read up on:

http://www.vanillacircus.net/book/tool_book.pdf

This guy's insight is really interesting too:

http://hubpages.com/hub/faaipdeoiad

http://hubpages.com/hub/negativeions
05-27-2009, 06:56 PM

Does anyone else smell pickles?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #19
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1385

Does anyone else smell pickles?
infinitee's Avatar infinitee
05-27-2009, 07:21 PM

I guess I'll just take that as a "no."

But I do just so you know.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

I guess I'll just take that as a "no."

But I do just so you know.
05-27-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
Actually they're becoming more common these days.
nuh-uh
Old 05-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #21
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Actually they're becoming more common these days.
nuh-uh
05-27-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Have you been paying attention to this section at all?
I was just joking, no need to bring italics into the conversation, they scare me
Old 05-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #22
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Have you been paying attention to this section at all?
I was just joking, no need to bring italics into the conversation, they scare me
05-27-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
O RLY
Fine, I take back my sun god seed, and will no longer answer to "infiniman."

asshole.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #23
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
O RLY
Fine, I take back my sun god seed, and will no longer answer to "infiniman."

asshole.
Kody27
05-27-2009, 07:52 PM

ladies, tools out there right now building the biggest secret puzzle mystery of their lives, recording things backwards and scattering them throughout random tracks for us to find so they can give the winner danny's golden drumset. and we're just sitting here on our asses not reaching too far into any of their songs and not gluing album inserts together to reveal the mathematical equation for a miracle. what's wrong with us?
Old 05-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #24
On Probation

ladies, tools out there right now building the biggest secret puzzle mystery of their lives, recording things backwards and scattering them throughout random tracks for us to find so they can give the winner danny's golden drumset. and we're just sitting here on our asses not reaching too far into any of their songs and not gluing album inserts together to reveal the mathematical equation for a miracle. what's wrong with us?
05-28-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
:(

I'm sorry.

INFINIMAN
I'm scared of caps as well.
^excluding this one.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #25
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
:(

I'm sorry.

INFINIMAN
I'm scared of caps as well.
^excluding this one.
05-28-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Do you really want me to tell you what's wrong with "us"? cuz i dunno if you could handle my answer to that, but i'll give it if you want it.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #26
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Do you really want me to tell you what's wrong with "us"? cuz i dunno if you could handle my answer to that, but i'll give it if you want it.
sicbanana's Avatar sicbanana
05-31-2009, 04:56 PM

i recently thought about that whole puzzle story and had a nice idea, which i wanted to share:

what if you cut the booklet in half? ( pun intended? :D )
i mean, a straight cut between the stereopictures... then you would be able to flip through the single pictures and get different matches between them... that would be a way to optically "merge" two pictures into "one" (which also can be done with the opacity slider in photoshop)

...and maybe get the point behind all of that ;)
Old 05-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #27
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

i recently thought about that whole puzzle story and had a nice idea, which i wanted to share:

what if you cut the booklet in half? ( pun intended? :D )
i mean, a straight cut between the stereopictures... then you would be able to flip through the single pictures and get different matches between them... that would be a way to optically "merge" two pictures into "one" (which also can be done with the opacity slider in photoshop)

...and maybe get the point behind all of that ;)
05-31-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
They're not "bulletins" they're new "threads".
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 05-31-2009, 08:32 PM   #28
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

Quote:
They're not "bulletins" they're new "threads".
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
06-01-2009, 01:44 PM

All you guys are fucking DONGS!!

edit: myself included

Last edited by infinitee; 06-01-2009 at 01:50 PM..
Old 06-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #29
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Last edited by infinitee; 06-01-2009 at 01:50 PM..
One Dark Flame's Avatar One Dark Flame
06-01-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitee View Post

At least your admitting it. Most of us aren't at that point yet and still think were cool..
:now look down in my presence:
-DXH
Old 06-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #30
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:

At least your admitting it. Most of us aren't at that point yet and still think were cool..
:now look down in my presence:
-DXH
06-01-2009, 05:26 PM

so by admitting that I'm lower than you think you are, I'm raising myself up to a higher level than you, right?
Old 06-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #31
Level 9 - Obstreperous

so by admitting that I'm lower than you think you are, I'm raising myself up to a higher level than you, right?
0ctopod's Avatar 0ctopod
06-01-2009, 06:26 PM

I'm completely lost when it comes to this topic, but consider the following.

Beginning with Ænima, the band's new logo has been a key in unlocking some of their respective albums' secrets. Ænima's logo is two bars (forming an eleven) which are united by the black lettering (shadow). Lateralus' logo has the letters all connected by hyphenations, which was essentially executed in the music by the lyrics of Reflection (...we will come to find that we are all one mind, Etc.).

The new logo looks like "Fool", which has to be a reference to the Fool card of the tarot. This character represents the initiate of hermetic method who is "lost" in the wilderness, but eventually returns as the Magician (the next card in the series) who is beginning to master the elements. This must have some sort of application to the puzzle of the tarot-like band photos.

The other thing the logo reminds me of is a Cartouche:

"(From wiki) ...an oblong enclosure with a horizontal line at one end, indicating that the text enclosed is a royal name..." Along with the Rosetta Stone,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartouche

These two aspects of the logo should be explored further, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they yielded some insights regarding 10K's artwork puzzle.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I'm completely lost when it comes to this topic, but consider the following.

Beginning with Ænima, the band's new logo has been a key in unlocking some of their respective albums' secrets. Ænima's logo is two bars (forming an eleven) which are united by the black lettering (shadow). Lateralus' logo has the letters all connected by hyphenations, which was essentially executed in the music by the lyrics of Reflection (...we will come to find that we are all one mind, Etc.).

The new logo looks like "Fool", which has to be a reference to the Fool card of the tarot. This character represents the initiate of hermetic method who is "lost" in the wilderness, but eventually returns as the Magician (the next card in the series) who is beginning to master the elements. This must have some sort of application to the puzzle of the tarot-like band photos.

The other thing the logo reminds me of is a Cartouche:

"(From wiki) ...an oblong enclosure with a horizontal line at one end, indicating that the text enclosed is a royal name..." Along with the Rosetta Stone,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartouche

These two aspects of the logo should be explored further, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they yielded some insights regarding 10K's artwork puzzle.
06-01-2009, 06:55 PM

this is a necessary thread. the album has been out for about 3 years. its time we solve the puzzle. a definite answer. unless i missed something, did anyone already find an answer and post it?

This is a good time to put our heads together and figure this shit out. i kinda liked the "right in two" idea that sicbanana mentioned, even is he was joking....
Old 06-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #33
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

this is a necessary thread. the album has been out for about 3 years. its time we solve the puzzle. a definite answer. unless i missed something, did anyone already find an answer and post it?

This is a good time to put our heads together and figure this shit out. i kinda liked the "right in two" idea that sicbanana mentioned, even is he was joking....
One Dark Flame's Avatar One Dark Flame
06-01-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Correct! You're ahead of me in the game, and one day when I pull my head out of my self-made arrogance I hope you'll be there waiting for me!
-DXH
Old 06-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #34
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
Correct! You're ahead of me in the game, and one day when I pull my head out of my self-made arrogance I hope you'll be there waiting for me!
-DXH
06-02-2009, 12:29 PM

I'll help you along if you like. I'll belittle you and make you lose that colossus ego of yours.

Or just wait, either way.

btw, can i wait under a mango tree?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:29 PM   #35
Level 9 - Obstreperous

I'll help you along if you like. I'll belittle you and make you lose that colossus ego of yours.

Or just wait, either way.

btw, can i wait under a mango tree?
Kody27
06-02-2009, 01:53 PM

this rag is wrung dry. what do you want, more obscure occult references and upside down tarot cards, oooh it all adds up to the mystery. yeah it's called life, use your fucking imagination, get inspired to make something as deep and as beautiful as tool has don't just sit there and glue album artwork together all day to add to your paper mache tool shrine. or should we just hire robert langdon to find out what the dagger alphabet means when it spells out the 17th path from binah to tiphareth triggering a release of large amounts of dimethyltriptamine in the brain to find your true spirit and individuality?
Old 06-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #36
On Probation

this rag is wrung dry. what do you want, more obscure occult references and upside down tarot cards, oooh it all adds up to the mystery. yeah it's called life, use your fucking imagination, get inspired to make something as deep and as beautiful as tool has don't just sit there and glue album artwork together all day to add to your paper mache tool shrine. or should we just hire robert langdon to find out what the dagger alphabet means when it spells out the 17th path from binah to tiphareth triggering a release of large amounts of dimethyltriptamine in the brain to find your true spirit and individuality?
Kody27
06-02-2009, 01:57 PM

my god, it's the illuminati, they've been tracking our thoughts for years with sacred geometry in rock music, only tom hanks can put the clues together that were in front of everyones face. blow me
Old 06-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #37
On Probation

my god, it's the illuminati, they've been tracking our thoughts for years with sacred geometry in rock music, only tom hanks can put the clues together that were in front of everyones face. blow me
06-02-2009, 02:11 PM

I'm going to sit under a mango tree now.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #38
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Kody27
06-02-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
ok siddhartha let me know when your arrow reaches its goal.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #39
On Probation

Quote:
ok siddhartha let me know when your arrow reaches its goal.
0ctopod's Avatar 0ctopod
06-02-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
lol... thanks for that. But come on, Kody. Puzzle solving can be a worthwhile exercise. What is gained by discouraging people?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #40
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
lol... thanks for that. But come on, Kody. Puzzle solving can be a worthwhile exercise. What is gained by discouraging people?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply