opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2006
User Name
Password
Old 11-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #41
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11
Re: 2006/11/24 - Manchester, UK - Manchester Arena

I only just got on here to post! My first Tool gig, one word, awesome, but i was dissaponited with the general atmosphere, i was one of the few people with seating ticket who actually got on my feet (coulndt help it really, i was so fired up)
HIghlight for me was lateralus, amazing song, even better lvie in my opinion, also loved wings part 1 and 2, breathtaking.

as for the stewards what a bynch of wankers, they were shining torches for fun after a while, they were blinding me so i stuck my hand up to block the light and they just shone it in my face for 5 mins, and then kept doing it on and off for the rest of the gig. arseholes

and and a big hi to the guys who swere sitting near me, stu and the other guy wearing a green cap and white t-shirt who i didnt get the name of!
Old 11-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardJamesKeenan View Post
I only just got on here to post! My first Tool gig, one word, awesome, but i was dissaponited with the general atmosphere, i was one of the few people with seating ticket who actually got on my feet (coulndt help it really, i was so fired up)
HIghlight for me was lateralus, amazing song, even better lvie in my opinion, also loved wings part 1 and 2, breathtaking.

as for the stewards what a bynch of wankers, they were shining torches for fun after a while, they were blinding me so i stuck my hand up to block the light and they just shone it in my face for 5 mins, and then kept doing it on and off for the rest of the gig. arseholes

and and a big hi to the guys who swere sitting near me, stu and the other guy wearing a green cap and white t-shirt who i didnt get the name of!
Totally the best gig I have attended, and at 39, I have been to a great deal of gigs. I saw them in Glasgow on the warm up, and the sound was poor imho, this more than made up for it.

Seated Block 114 stood all night for the concert, which was constantly smelling of dope, lol.

No security problems where we were, a big hi to the pissed guy peeing in the alleyway opposite the toilets !

Great sound, good atmosphere, they looked interested imho, they just don't conform to the normal rock stance, i.e. Maynard turning away.

Go and see Dragonforce or Iron Maiden, wee kiddies, if you want standard rock posing shit.

Best track - Lateralus...............though Wings/10k Days came close.

Peace. the. fuck. out.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 10:58 AM   #43

Bincount™: 26

Amazing gig.
Mastodon are one of my other favourite bands and they defiantly didn't dissapoint, although I would like to see them in their own gig so there is more crowd interaction. On the whole though I think they got a good reception.
For anyone who is interested their setlist was (in no particular order):

The Wolf Is Loose
Crystal Skull
Sleeping Giant
Capillarian Crest
Circle Of Cysquatch
Colony Of Birchmen
This Mortal Soil
Siberian Divide
Megalodon
Hearts Alive (which was fucking amazing to end on)

Then came Tool :D

Setlist:

Stinkfist (extended)
Forty Six and Two
Jambi
Schism (extended)
Lost keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

Tool were once again, mindblowing. This is my third time seeing them, (caught them at Download and in London shortly after that) and this was probably my favourite. They were incredibly tight and Maynard was on top form, donning a bright orange hoody, and doing is usual trademark mad dancing. He didn't say much to the crowd, but he never usually does. My main highlight was obviously Wings and 10,000 Days cos I haven't seen them yet, and it was jawdropping. The visuals also amazed me, especially with the lights and the video during Rosseta Stoned. Can't wait to see them again next year.

Now on to some bitching.
First off, the whole camera thing. I understand that flash cameras should be banned but phones aren't a pain unless they have the light on, and I understand the rules and wishes of the band, but it just irritated me; not because I wanted to take photos, just when you got fat security men blocking your view to shine a light in your face, eclipsing the view of the band - it's a pain.
Secondly, crowd surfing? Grow up kids! It annoys me anyway, cos it seems pointless to me but my girlfriend received a nasty black eye after some twat landed on her head and kicked her in the face. Cheers fellas.
It also annoys me when part time fans fight to get to the front when they only seem to like the more commercial songs, e.g Schism and Stinkfist, as I had a stupid couple next to me screaming like they were watching the Backstreet boys when those songs came on and then the next minute they stared blankly and complained about the setlist. In 10,000 days when everyone was in amazement one of them dared to say "How long is this song? It's well boring" - get out.
And lastly, people shouting twattish things at the band, you're not in school anymore, it's not clever and it ruins the atmosphere, especially in Wings.

Sorry to moan so much, apart from that it was perfect.
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers
Old 11-26-2006, 11:02 AM   #44
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scummonk View Post
Amazing gig.
Mastodon are one of my other favourite bands and they defiantly didn't dissapoint, although I would like to see them in their own gig so there is more crowd interaction. On the whole though I think they got a good reception.
For anyone who is interested their setlist was (in no particular order):

The Wolf Is Loose
Crystal Skull
Sleeping Giant
Capillarian Crest
Circle Of Cysquatch
Colony Of Birchmen
This Mortal Soil
Siberian Divide
Megalodon
Hearts Alive (which was fucking amazing to end on)

Then came Tool :D

Setlist:

Stinkfist (extended)
Forty Six and Two
Jambi
Schism (extended)
Lost keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

Tool were once again, mindblowing. This is my third time seeing them, (caught them at Download and in London shortly after that) and this was probably my favourite. They were incredibly tight and Maynard was on top form, donning a bright orange hoody, and doing is usual trademark mad dancing. He didn't say much to the crowd, but he never usually does. My main highlight was obviously Wings and 10,000 Days cos I haven't seen them yet, and it was jawdropping. The visuals also amazed me, especially with the lights and the video during Rosseta Stoned. Can't wait to see them again next year.

Now on to some bitching.
First off, the whole camera thing. I understand that flash cameras should be banned but phones aren't a pain unless they have the light on, and I understand the rules and wishes of the band, but it just irritated me; not because I wanted to take photos, just when you got fat security men blocking your view to shine a light in your face, eclipsing the view of the band - it's a pain.
Secondly, crowd surfing? Grow up kids! It annoys me anyway, cos it seems pointless to me but my girlfriend received a nasty black eye after some twat landed on her head and kicked her in the face. Cheers fellas.
It also annoys me when part time fans fight to get to the front when they only seem to like the more commercial songs, e.g Schism and Stinkfist, as I had a stupid couple next to me screaming like they were watching the Backstreet boys when those songs came on and then the next minute they stared blankly and complained about the setlist. In 10,000 days when everyone was in amazement one of them dared to say "How long is this song? It's well boring" - get out.
And lastly, people shouting twattish things at the band, you're not in school anymore, it's not clever and it ruins the atmosphere, especially in Wings.

Sorry to moan so much, apart from that it was perfect.
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Were you near the middle standing? During 10,000 days some scally twat started talking really loudly. Everyone glared at him, myself included.

That was the only low point of the gig for me, I had no troubles with security, not that it matters. The pics I took with my phone were shit.

Mastodon Rocked.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 11:34 AM   #45
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Tool were excellent. just a shame that manchester is a shit hole, enjoyed a joint of green during the pot, was stoned all day and night and will be again on monday.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 02:33 PM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

The show was pretty fucking amazing; Vicarious was the highlight for me. It was also great to hear The Pot (fucking amazing visuals - is this the next video?)although not at the expense of a track from Undertow.

I was sat at thes ide of the stage and the crowd seemed pretty lifeless: everyone in the seating areas did just that (until the last three songs); many in the standing area seemed to just stand there (although some gobshites started a circle pit at various points - fuck off to watch metallica if that's your bag) with the odd bit of jumping - still I seem to remember Danny threatening to fuck a stage diver up the arse in 93 at the Uni for stepping on his pedals - maybe the crowd were scared!

The orange hoodie was very funny - the funniest thing I have seen since MY grandma's last funeral (Cremation III - Now We're Cooking). Have been a fan since seeing the band blow RATM away in 93 and it's amazing to see how they've developed since then - from a pretty basic Rollins band type combo to the superb musicians they are now...although they do take themselves a little seriously.

As a smoker I don't feel it's unreasonable to go without for an hour without one to avoid annoying/harming others - get used to it...all venues will be non smoking from September. Although I do wonder what the late Bill Hicks (a hero of Maynard's) would think of such a puritannical attitude...

Great show, then..roll on next summer

Last edited by teachingbuffooon; 11-26-2006 at 02:36 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 02:56 PM   #47

Bincount™: 11

[QUOTE=teachingbuffooon;1574433}
I was sat at thes ide of the stage and the crowd seemed pretty lifeless: everyone in the seating areas did just that (until the last three songs); many in the standing area seemed to just stand there (although some gobshites started a circle pit at various points - fuck off to watch metallica if that's your bag) with the odd bit of jumping - still I seem to remember Danny threatening to fuck a stage diver up the arse in 93 at the Uni for stepping on his pedals - maybe the crowd were scared!

Great show, then..roll on next summer[/QUOTE]

hey man i was stodd the whole way through, i had life in me i was taken over by it all. but in general everybody was quite subdued, wierd really, but the general atmosphere was one of paranoia i think, but anywya i enjoyed, plenty to be happy about and plenty to moan about
Old 11-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #48
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachingbuffooon View Post
The show was pretty fucking amazing; Vicarious was the highlight for me. It was also great to hear The Pot (fucking amazing visuals - is this the next video?)although not at the expense of a track from Undertow.

The orange hoodie was very funny - the funniest thing I have seen since MY grandma's last funeral (Cremation III - Now We're Cooking). Have been a fan since seeing the band blow RATM away in 93 and it's amazing to see how they've developed since then - from a pretty basic Rollins band type combo to the superb musicians they are now...although they do take themselves a little seriously.

As a smoker I don't feel it's unreasonable to go without for an hour without one to avoid annoying/harming others - get used to it...all venues will be non smoking from September. Although I do wonder what the late Bill Hicks (a hero of Maynard's) would think of such a puritannical attitude...

Great show, then..roll on next summer
Dude, I think you were sitting next to me? teacher from Liverpool??

If that is you, then man... I've lost my fucking voice from singing so loud!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #49
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara View Post
1:
4: Rosetta Stoned kicked fucking arse, when they finished I yelled "PLAY IT AGAIN!"
hahaha yeah i heard u shout that i laughed my arse off :P i was expecting it again after 10k days tho so u let me down there :P

and also i found it hard seein the lasers being up against the barrier too.. :( ah well...
Old 11-26-2006, 06:17 PM   #50
Level 2 - Poster

the no smoking and no camera thing was a load of bollocks.. i was really enjoyin the gig until i lit up a cig and a steward strolled over an told me i wasnt allowed to smoke, after that it seemed there was a bit of a black cloud overhead. i think its a ridiculous thing to do, to dictate to ur fans, whove bought ur albums, made u rich an paid a further 35notes to see you perform in the flesh. also there was little in the way of gratitude from maynard. with his back to the audience and only a few words that seemed forced, personally i felt like it didnt make a difference to him whether the audience was there or not. i think its a shame that the bands only form of communication with the audience is through maynard, i think if any of the others were given the chance to say a few words we of all felt a little more appreciated... this was apparent at the end, when the rest of the band stood round and took their time to acknowledge the whole audience, whilst maynard looked like he was suffering an inconvienience. and also durin the little interlude with the ol' lighter routine, was a bit of fun an interaction with the audience thanks to justin. but dont be mistaken, i am aware that if maynard were a showboating crotch stuffing poodlehaired frontman he wouldnt have half the appeal. i just went home feeling a little unloved.. haha

anyway, enough of that. the show in itself was great. visual amazing too. i thought that the guitar overpowered the vocals/drums/bass on occasion, something the sound guy should of picked up on (maybe they dont pay him enough) though by 'wings' everythin was ruddy bloody great. i was in the first seated block left of stage an i had an amazin view of justin an his pedal board, which really made my night, cos that man can play bass. i was a total geek an scrutinised everything he did (anyone els catch his little slip durin the drum/bass solo from rosetta?) also the lasers.. wow, EL&P anyone?

anyways, minor quibbles aside, great show
i think to be a true fan you gotta know when theyre doin it wrong

peace fucking out
Old 11-27-2006, 02:19 AM   #51
Level 1 - Lurker

1. early stage time – miss half of Mastodon’s set – If you don’t live in Manchester it is nearly impossible to get there in time after work

2. No smoking in the venue – it’s as big as an aircraft hanger – therefore if you’re complaining about the ramifications to your health, please “shut the fuck up”. Do you complain when stood next to somebody smoking at a bus stop…you know, that scabby chav constantly smoking sovereigns……do you fuck. Let it be noted that the Stewards didn’t always observe these rules either, I spotted one guy who got really angry after being caught smoking in the toilets, yet his main complain was that a steward was having a crafty *** around the corner

3. “think for yourselves, question reality” – just as long as you don’t question Maynard.

4. 1 hour and a half or so compared to 2 + hours on the lateralus tour for an extra £15.00 on the ticket price.

5. sound was poor for the first 2 songs – stinkfist and 46 and 2 – on the Lateralus tour the songs were spot on – this time it sounded like Maynard couldn’t be bothered.

6. Maynard and his hat – choreographed bullshit – he didn’t even wear the hat as far as I can recall – it’s only use is to swat the imaginary flies invading his rodeo stage

7. any complaints made about 10,000 days or the songs on this album are met with hostility by fans who do not want to upset the Fuehrer – it’s like your membership card for the Tool fraternity will be cut up if you speak your mind and express views of your own.

8. so where did my extra money go, you know, the extra £15.00 it cost me to see them about 5 years later – lasers and a giant backdrop – woofuckinhoo

9. nothing at all off of opiate or undertow

10. Pretty much the same setlist we got at the London shows – how predictable

I still believe that Tool are one of the greatest live bands out there, and I’m not going to bitch on too much about their last album (my least favourite Tool album, though I respect the views of those of you who really rate it highly). I do feel that the fans deserve a bit more though than Tool are currently giving them, especially considering how amazing their live shows used to be.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 06:03 AM   #52
Level 3 - Talker

Just a quick note on the no-smoking polciy at the arena. This wasn't anything specifically to do with TOOL, the arena is no-smoking for all events.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 06:50 AM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

yeah, the non-smoking policy is a policy which was put in place at the Arena by the Arena. Even though a steward was caught smoking there. It's going to happen at every single venue eventually anyway. Rock n' Roll, eh?

I remember that when APC played Manchester Apollo though that it was no-smoking, and that was at Maynard's instistance as there were posters stating that it was at APC's request.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 AM   #54
Level 1 - Lurker

fucking brilliant...lateralus and aenima were spectacular. Definately going next summer...

'fingers crossed we'll see you next summer' from the mouth of mjk
Old 11-27-2006, 07:37 AM   #55
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
1. early stage time – miss half of Mastodon’s set – If you don’t live in Manchester it is nearly impossible to get there in time after work

2. No smoking in the venue – it’s as big as an aircraft hanger – therefore if you’re complaining about the ramifications to your health, please “shut the fuck up”. Do you complain when stood next to somebody smoking at a bus stop…you know, that scabby chav constantly smoking sovereigns……do you fuck. Let it be noted that the Stewards didn’t always observe these rules either, I spotted one guy who got really angry after being caught smoking in the toilets, yet his main complain was that a steward was having a crafty *** around the corner

3. “think for yourselves, question reality” – just as long as you don’t question Maynard.

4. 1 hour and a half or so compared to 2 + hours on the lateralus tour for an extra £15.00 on the ticket price.

5. sound was poor for the first 2 songs – stinkfist and 46 and 2 – on the Lateralus tour the songs were spot on – this time it sounded like Maynard couldn’t be bothered.

6. Maynard and his hat – choreographed bullshit – he didn’t even wear the hat as far as I can recall – it’s only use is to swat the imaginary flies invading his rodeo stage

7. any complaints made about 10,000 days or the songs on this album are met with hostility by fans who do not want to upset the Fuehrer – it’s like your membership card for the Tool fraternity will be cut up if you speak your mind and express views of your own.

8. so where did my extra money go, you know, the extra £15.00 it cost me to see them about 5 years later – lasers and a giant backdrop – woofuckinhoo

9. nothing at all off of opiate or undertow

10. Pretty much the same setlist we got at the London shows – how predictable

I still believe that Tool are one of the greatest live bands out there, and I’m not going to bitch on too much about their last album (my least favourite Tool album, though I respect the views of those of you who really rate it highly). I do feel that the fans deserve a bit more though than Tool are currently giving them, especially considering how amazing their live shows used to be.
that exactly wot im talkin about. by tools standards that was a poor show, it sounds stupid but id still pay for my ticket an go again given a second chance... but still

all in all, poor show...

it seems that maynard adopts a different persona for each album release

in the early day it was a sorta grungy aggressive affair

with aenima it was a bit of an 'out there' approach, lots of body paint and drag.

with lateralus he was a quiet unassuming front man how hoovered about the back of the stage, but generally seemed happy to be doin what he was doin, an appreciative of the crowd.

with 10k days theres a hint of arrogance an i dont much care for it
Old 11-27-2006, 07:37 AM   #56
Level 1 - Lurker

First of all, the gig was ace, from my position up the side in the first block, I could see everything Danny was doing, even down to his kick drum hits, awesome! The sound was pretty poor there (but I didn't expect anything else) too much guitar and not enough vox.

The set was pretty much as expected, no surprises, but all delivered impeccably with some interesting drum fills to boot. I was hoping for Swamp Song but didn't get it, I was also hoping for something other than predictablility, but I didn't get it. I'm so bored of Schism and Stinkfist, I really wish they'd play something else rather than just add an extra little bridge in the middle to make it a little more 'interesting'. Seen these songs far too much now.

Apart from the 2 aforementioned songs, the setlist was brilliant, I personally don't know what everyone's beef is with Rosetta Stoned, I thought it was amazing, definitely better live even though it has been my fave song on the new album for a while. As lost keys came on, I sparked up a joint and enjoyed this songs utter brilliance, and got totally lost in it.

Fuck you and your smoking ban, 'think for yourself, question authority' I believe is the term.

My favourite song of the night though was of course wings/10000days, utterly brilliant in every way. Yeah the lasers were good, but not great.
I actually thought that the light show was considerably toned down from the last time I saw them at Brixton, but maybe it was the fact that I was up the side and therefore not in the best position.

Still, I had a great time, security threw out one of my friends and said he could come back in without his camera or stay out with it. Unbelievable. So we can't flash Maynard, but the security guards can flash us in the face, not taking into account the problems with OUR pupils?!! fascist cunts

So yeah, a good gig, but not a great one. Not helped by arsehole security, an almost mute Maynard between songs (does he not like England?) and Justin wearing a Chelsea shirt!! :)

Last edited by interceptor; 11-27-2006 at 07:40 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #57
Level 4 - Thinker

Nearly didn't get to go to this as Seetikets/SMS Couiers LOST our fucking tickets! Didn't even bother to inform us until the evening before, when we waiting for our flight back from Dublin. Bastards. Thankfully my girlfriend flexed her industry muscles and managed to get us last minute on the guest list. Ended up with superb seats, so I can't complain too much.

Great show all round. Much better performance than Dublin, although the exact same set list. Roll on London...
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 10:32 AM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

right oh this might cause controversy but so what

so here we go

tool were spot on i saw them at hammersmith in june and the sound was better
apart from that the show was cock on

mastodon were shit they were like whatching paint dry

right the main point i am getting to is why do i always read about maynard being in a good mood

personnaly i couln't care less and as far as i am concerned he is there to entertain the crowd not for his own self indulgence
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #59
Level 1 - Lurker

Great gig, good set, not surprised by Maynards display at all. After all, this is the guy that revels in off the wall behaviour - live or otherwise. The visuals were top notch, the only downside to that was, that being four rows from the front (one of the posted photos has a lovely shot of the back of my head!) much of the laser show was out of eyeline. I didn't have a problem with the slower numbers (a band can't always burn at top speed) but the guy talking loudly behind me throughout them was grating. Not everyone doesn't enjoy them pal!

Only gripe was the lack of Parabol/Parabola...........

The sound was superb for Tool, but poor for Mastodon. Not that I cared as they were bloody awful. Another 'Metal by numbers' band. The bass drum overwhelmed the few songs that did spark any interest. The vocals all but vanished in the mix.

Overall a great concert. Will be going again next year if they make good on Maynards comment.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #60
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex View Post
Fantastic show as ever, and it was great to finally hear Wings/10K Days live! Absolutely phenomenal. And the lasers were rather cool too ;)

Those pictures are looking pretty good, kudos to you managing to get some when security were so tight! I saw plenty of people taking them though, and a guy next to me taking a lot of videos. At one point they sent security in to get him out but they walked right past him, lucky escape!! So hopefully we should be seeing lots more pictures from last night :)

Maynard seemed pretty chatty last night, or at least he spoke more than usual. Absolutely hilarious when he was telling Danny off for not fastening his shoes properly! I think it was during Rosetta Stoned, but I'm not sure... Also, did anyone notice what he sang instead of "Fuck L Ron Hubbard" in Aenima? I'm sure it was something different...

Anyway, I really can't fault the performance at all. Yes it would have been nice to hear something different, maybe some older songs, but I thought what they did play was more or less perfect anyway. It's still great to see them...

Only a couple of negative points though..

1) I prefer the smaller venues as someone said before. The place was less than half full, although like they said too we would have missed out on the light show at the Apollo. Perhaps we're all just too used to seeing them in tiny places here...

2) Two of the most idiotic childish smarmy little cunts ruining it for everyone at the front. I was stood about 2/3 rows back in front of Adam (where else?!?) and these two kids were just pissing everyone off. And of course, when anyone challenged them, they had an answer to EVERYTHING. It was not cool - lots of forcing and pushing in front of people, throwing themselves about and hurting other people. But of course they were just "having fun" like every moron who moshes like that is... I used to think moshing was cool when I was about 15 too, but you quickly learn it's not when you get an elbow in the face. On a positive note, I managed to stamp on one of the twats feet a few times, but I would have happily punched them both in the face had security not been there. Especially since one of them was a bit too "keen" with his hands at one point. Fuckers.

Anyway, rant over! Despite those two things the show was fantastic, visuals were great, music was spot on, Maynard was hilarious and Adam looks distinctly more edible with every show. Cheers!! :)

By the way does anyone have any idea of the Mastodon setlist? I was quite impressed by them!!
Hey!!

I was the guy that went mad at the annoying guy that elbowed another girl in the face just infront of you! I think he was the same guy that got a bit 'keen' too from what you told me..! Wanker!

Such an amazing gig! Shame there was a few cunts that pissed us all off!!

Take it easy!

San.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-28-2006, 01:43 AM   #61
Level 1 - Lurker

The gig was amaazing, third time ive seen TOOL this year which rocked.

I managed to get an aftershow pass so got to meet justin after the show which was great, he was talking about how he was going to the chelsea match on sunday with danny. apparently he thought the crowd weren't really that into it, which is why he put his chelsea top on at the end to try and get some sort of reaction. which was weird because nearly everyone on here seemed really into it...

oh and as for the pictures and the smoking thing, i was talking to the security after the gig and the order to stop people taking pictures came from the band, they didnt want to do it (the felt having to walk throuhg the crowd put them at risk) but were told to and the MEN operates a no smoking policy inside the arena that wasnt an order from the band.

but apart from the it was truly amazing. lasers are the best idea ever!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-28-2006, 05:51 AM   #62
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
The gig was amaazing, third time ive seen TOOL this year which rocked.

I managed to get an aftershow pass so got to meet justin after the show which was great, he was talking about how he was going to the chelsea match on sunday with danny. apparently he thought the crowd weren't really that into it, which is why he put his chelsea top on at the end to try and get some sort of reaction. which was weird because nearly everyone on here seemed really into it...

oh and as for the pictures and the smoking thing, i was talking to the security after the gig and the order to stop people taking pictures came from the band, they didnt want to do it (the felt having to walk throuhg the crowd put them at risk) but were told to and the MEN operates a no smoking policy inside the arena that wasnt an order from the band.

but apart from the it was truly amazing. lasers are the best idea ever!!!
Thanks for that. It's interesting to hear what the security guys think about going into the crowd.

It's funny how bands get a different 'vibe' to what you get as an audience. In the standing area it felt very 'lively' with a lot of singing and everyone really getting into it. I suppose though the band can see the seats more clearly and they are always pretty 'dead' by comparison. They certainly weren't too active on Friday.

Glad I wasn't the only one who got peed off with the 'moshing'. There was a woman and her husband/partner next to me and they were getting really hacked off with keep getting jumped on by those idiots. I don't mind the crowd pushing so much, years of watching big games with 20,000 plus on the terraces hardens you to crowd movement, but the constant flailing around of those guys was a serious pain when trying to watch an act like Tool, who's stage and light set is so busy!

Still, if thats all I can moan about that's more kudos to Tool!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-29-2006, 02:39 AM   #63
Level 3 - Talker

Highlights for me were:

Wings For Marie / 10,000 Days
Lateralus
Ænema

Some knob screamed during Wings and Maynard looked well pissed off, shook his head etc.

It was a good show but I think Glasgow back in June had the edge (for me).

As for the smoking, it pissed me off a little. I guess I'm a little more conscious of it with me having leukaemia. I don't need another cancer...

Looking forward to Nottingham.

Must get my Tool Army shirt washed in preparation...
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #64
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adipokerface View Post
hahaha yeah i heard u shout that i laughed my arse off :P i was expecting it again after 10k days tho so u let me down there :P

and also i found it hard seein the lasers being up against the barrier too.. :( ah well...

Heheh, couldn't bring myself to shout anything after 10,000 Days, I was in another world for a bit.

I did shout "I WANT MAYNARD'S DICK" at one point though and I was tempted to shout "PLAY FASTER", but then they played Schism faster and I laughed inwardly.

Last edited by Muladhara; 12-01-2006 at 09:57 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: