Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
09-25-2006, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedran View Post
Hey people, I've never posted on a forum before since I'm a selfish, usually internet avoiding bastard, and only use you guys for information. Anyway, I've been trying to compile some relatively accurate lyrics to the album, and you're all pretty good about figuring out most of them. However, I'm really surprised that no one has noticed/ brought this up, regardless of whether it's accurate or not (which I have some doubts about, but I'll tend to believe it). But here's what I hear in the lyrics, which would mostly be relevant only if this is in fact not actually Lipan, and kind of supports the joke theories and whatnot...

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, new,
yahah new, yeaah

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, cool

Anyway, it kind of works with the whole self-deprecating, mocking view of the track, with tool making fun of themselves and the whole mystical/metaphysical side of their music, as well as their fanbase and also the eagerness or occasional zealotry that this album has been expected with. It's what I heard the first time I listened to this segue, and what I've heard ever since, and I've found it holds together after much repeated listening. I thought it was funny as hell, anyway. Feel free to disect it, though.
OMFG

best post evaH!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:20 PM   #41
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310
Re: 05 - Lipan Conjuring Lyrics....

Quote:
Hey people, I've never posted on a forum before since I'm a selfish, usually internet avoiding bastard, and only use you guys for information. Anyway, I've been trying to compile some relatively accurate lyrics to the album, and you're all pretty good about figuring out most of them. However, I'm really surprised that no one has noticed/ brought this up, regardless of whether it's accurate or not (which I have some doubts about, but I'll tend to believe it). But here's what I hear in the lyrics, which would mostly be relevant only if this is in fact not actually Lipan, and kind of supports the joke theories and whatnot...

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, new,
yahah new, yeaah

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, cool

Anyway, it kind of works with the whole self-deprecating, mocking view of the track, with tool making fun of themselves and the whole mystical/metaphysical side of their music, as well as their fanbase and also the eagerness or occasional zealotry that this album has been expected with. It's what I heard the first time I listened to this segue, and what I've heard ever since, and I've found it holds together after much repeated listening. I thought it was funny as hell, anyway. Feel free to disect it, though.
OMFG

best post evaH!
OFFLINE |  
Steedus
09-26-2006, 09:27 AM

hehe yeah, i especially love that "Respect teh cock" part.

i don't agree with these lyrics in all seriousness but fuck me, thats the most awesome lyrical interpretation of a tool song i've ever read in my life.

i hope the gods shine on you and guide you to places you'd never dream of.
really really... REALLY good places.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

hehe yeah, i especially love that "Respect teh cock" part.

i don't agree with these lyrics in all seriousness but fuck me, thats the most awesome lyrical interpretation of a tool song i've ever read in my life.

i hope the gods shine on you and guide you to places you'd never dream of.
really really... REALLY good places.
OFFLINE |  
Dharma Bear's Avatar Dharma Bear
09-29-2006, 12:57 PM

This is the only 10KDays thread that makes any sense.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:57 PM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 137

09-30-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma Bear View Post
It's called 10,000 Eyes now.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:04 PM   #44
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma Bear View Post
It's called 10,000 Eyes now.
OFFLINE |  
toller's Avatar toller
10-15-2006, 09:12 PM

yes! yes! yes! Beautiful interpretation vedran. I don't care if it's right, because it's brilliant to me!
Old 10-15-2006, 09:12 PM   #45
Level 3 - Talker

yes! yes! yes! Beautiful interpretation vedran. I don't care if it's right, because it's brilliant to me!
OFFLINE |  
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
10-19-2006, 04:50 PM

Great work, Vedran. Truly the best observation made yet.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 10-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #46
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

Great work, Vedran. Truly the best observation made yet.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
OFFLINE |  
vedran
10-19-2006, 09:34 PM

Holy fucking shit, guys, thanks for the responses, what I heard just made me laugh, so I thought I'd share. On a sidenote, I just Wikipedia'd my name and the only thing I got was some shit about a Gene Rodenberry TV show....What. The. Fuck. I'd just like to clarify 'cause I just discovered this, my name's got nothing to do with TV, it's my name. Sorry, I just feel dirty now....The Vedrans of Andromeda??? Jesus Fuck. Anyway, thanks again.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #47
Level 3 - Talker

Holy fucking shit, guys, thanks for the responses, what I heard just made me laugh, so I thought I'd share. On a sidenote, I just Wikipedia'd my name and the only thing I got was some shit about a Gene Rodenberry TV show....What. The. Fuck. I'd just like to clarify 'cause I just discovered this, my name's got nothing to do with TV, it's my name. Sorry, I just feel dirty now....The Vedrans of Andromeda??? Jesus Fuck. Anyway, thanks again.
OFFLINE |  
vedran
10-19-2006, 09:41 PM

On an actually (somewhat) related note, have you guys noticed the part in Third Eye right before the "shrouding all the ground around me" monologue (around 7:51) where it sounds like a quiet voice going "Mmm-ShkabaShkaba"? It's really quiet but funny and completely out of place/random. Eh?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:41 PM   #48
Level 3 - Talker

On an actually (somewhat) related note, have you guys noticed the part in Third Eye right before the "shrouding all the ground around me" monologue (around 7:51) where it sounds like a quiet voice going "Mmm-ShkabaShkaba"? It's really quiet but funny and completely out of place/random. Eh?
OFFLINE |  
10-20-2006, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma Bear
QFT.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:20 AM   #49
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma Bear
QFT.
OFFLINE |  
vedrimir
11-06-2006, 04:28 PM

bravo vedrane:)

well, the only interpretation i can offer is that Lipan conjuring is a parody of whatever sort... At first i felt like it was a parody of all the "world" and "experimental" thing in music, with all the pseudo-meditation and "spirituality" that supposedly comes along with this music (and irritates me big deal:)), but then again, this segue could be a self-parody as well, a nice way to break the tension and let some humour in before going into complex stuff like Rosetta...

Lipan conjuring? Lipan is supposed to be some sort of ghost, god, spirit, wtf, so i guess it fortifies the point that this song is a parody of some spiritual ritual or whatever... It DOES NOT sound serious or meditative whatsoever, does it? Maybe it doesnt sound sacriligeous either, but i definitely sense the shades of humour...
Old 11-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

bravo vedrane:)

well, the only interpretation i can offer is that Lipan conjuring is a parody of whatever sort... At first i felt like it was a parody of all the "world" and "experimental" thing in music, with all the pseudo-meditation and "spirituality" that supposedly comes along with this music (and irritates me big deal:)), but then again, this segue could be a self-parody as well, a nice way to break the tension and let some humour in before going into complex stuff like Rosetta...

Lipan conjuring? Lipan is supposed to be some sort of ghost, god, spirit, wtf, so i guess it fortifies the point that this song is a parody of some spiritual ritual or whatever... It DOES NOT sound serious or meditative whatsoever, does it? Maybe it doesnt sound sacriligeous either, but i definitely sense the shades of humour...
OFFLINE |  
11-14-2006, 10:05 PM

Quote:

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, new,
yahah new, yeaah

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, cool

lawl
Old 11-14-2006, 10:05 PM   #51
Banned.

Quote:

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, new,
yahah new, yeaah

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, cool

lawl
OFFLINE |  
Spaceman Spiff's Avatar Spaceman Spiff
11-28-2006, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMetalSox View Post
what the fuck is a lapin, and what is he conjuring?

I love the lyrics, they make me laught like Im high...good job buddy!
"Lapin" is French for "rabbit," but the "Lipan" in the title refers to the Lipan Apaches.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:16 PM   #52
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 32
Re: Lipan Conjuring Lyrics....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMetalSox View Post
what the fuck is a lapin, and what is he conjuring?

I love the lyrics, they make me laught like Im high...good job buddy!
"Lapin" is French for "rabbit," but the "Lipan" in the title refers to the Lipan Apaches.
OFFLINE |  
There is no spoon's Avatar There is no spoon
12-07-2006, 09:57 AM

that was funny. You're right though...

Lapin=bunny
Lipan=Apache Indians
Old 12-07-2006, 09:57 AM   #53
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

that was funny. You're right though...

Lapin=bunny
Lipan=Apache Indians
12-07-2006, 10:52 AM

there is no spoon, indeed.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #54
Banned.

there is no spoon, indeed.
OFFLINE |  
There is no spoon's Avatar There is no spoon
12-10-2006, 04:50 PM

I've listened a million times. Props to all of you who can hear any words in this song
Old 12-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #55
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

I've listened a million times. Props to all of you who can hear any words in this song
Icculus
01-05-2007, 12:11 PM

It sounds a lot like the word "Adonai" is in there, which is I believe Hebrew for "Lord".
Old 01-05-2007, 12:11 PM   #56
Level 3 - Talker

It sounds a lot like the word "Adonai" is in there, which is I believe Hebrew for "Lord".
OFFLINE |  
XeuphoricXmindX's Avatar XeuphoricXmindX
01-05-2007, 12:21 PM

"Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, cool

LOL
Old 01-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #57
On Probation

Bincount™: 191

"Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, cool

LOL
OFFLINE |  
EastmanLP
01-14-2007, 01:20 PM

that was an extremely long interpretation of a song that's just 1:11 long. Have any of us ever thought that it might just be a chant repeated over and over again with no real signifigance? maybe it's just a hook, and tool put that in there because they know that all of you will go crazy over it.

Sorry i'm saying all this, i'm pretty new to this "forum" thing.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

that was an extremely long interpretation of a song that's just 1:11 long. Have any of us ever thought that it might just be a chant repeated over and over again with no real signifigance? maybe it's just a hook, and tool put that in there because they know that all of you will go crazy over it.

Sorry i'm saying all this, i'm pretty new to this "forum" thing.
OFFLINE |  
01-14-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icculus
that's overanalising right there.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #59
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icculus
that's overanalising right there.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply