Re: tonight

hey thanks =)

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
#Notion's Avatar #Notion
06-14-2006, 03:24 PM

Oh, if I owned a tool site..

dananananananannana naaaaa

(to be sung to the theme of 'if i were a rich man')
Old 06-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #522
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Oh, if I owned a tool site..

dananananananannana naaaaa

(to be sung to the theme of 'if i were a rich man')
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
07-12-2006, 03:19 AM

Eye on the Tool Navy.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:19 AM   #523
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

Eye on the Tool Navy.
prime weed's Avatar prime weed
10-09-2006, 04:33 AM

im on that YaYo chi-chi
Old 10-09-2006, 04:33 AM   #524
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

im on that YaYo chi-chi
jevons
03-11-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyyuulle View Post
i don't wanna see the fuckin lyrics until i hear the song
Fuken rights, man. Fuken rights.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #525
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyyuulle View Post
i don't wanna see the fuckin lyrics until i hear the song
Fuken rights, man. Fuken rights.
junkie's Avatar junkie
05-17-2007, 04:50 AM

ever gonna elaborate on that first 10k days listening session, kabir? curious
A lot of these bands see what's on the surface. Like they listen to our albums at F***ing parties or something, when we make music that you need to properly digest by being alone with the album. And all they hear is the aggressive side of things and don't stop to realize that the aggression is there for a reason, not just to make music to smoke to or whatever.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:50 AM   #526
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

ever gonna elaborate on that first 10k days listening session, kabir? curious
A lot of these bands see what's on the surface. Like they listen to our albums at F***ing parties or something, when we make music that you need to properly digest by being alone with the album. And all they hear is the aggressive side of things and don't stop to realize that the aggression is there for a reason, not just to make music to smoke to or whatever.
ivasativa's Avatar ivasativa
08-12-2007, 08:37 AM

I cant read the whole thread obviously. But I noticed some discussion about how TOOL's music has changed, and I really wanna input on it so:

Change is usually denied out of fear, you know fear of the unknown mostly.

Change is inevitable. That is a law, just look around for a bit. The existing variation today has come about as a result of evolution--ary change and every single moment in nature , to which we are inherent , changes.

Going away from biology to the more spiritual realms of existence which encompass all other levels, change of the personality is usually welcomed. No?
You want to feel different, react differently and stop living the same drama that after 25 uears at least you have realized is becoming some ill pattern. Absurd to go about changing everything else around, so you are left with the only thing you ever had that being your responsibility. It takes a realization, a choice, an expression and you get to feed on the fruits of your own creations.
Accepting and allowing change opens the conscious freedom to possibilities. The things you like about yourself, you try to deepen somehow.

TOOL is an old band we all know how old.
I personally celebrate their constant steady change because its been rubbin me just right all these years of many changes that I myself have gone through, for example, but so has the whole world and collective consciousness.
I celebrate TOOL's recognition of and ability to tirelessly contribute to the change of mind frame that is so desperately needed in this civilization. Honestly 10 years ago I had no hope, 5 years ago I realized that its inevitable but still could not imagine that it is possible, and today I see it clearly happening.

To move from the average 5 min song to an average of 9 (maybe?) is an expression of a changing inner need being satisfied. Along with that Keenans lyrics are becoming cleaner, more essential, direct... and that is an expression of an inner state of change (whoever may be writing them).

Its conscious individuals that stand behind this music and it is their expression.

If you could just realize the changing nature of our nature then you should, i suppose you would, with the process of its realization, start loving change without judging it which in cases when you dont personally agree with it or simply dont like it, will at least leave you with a certain respect and appreciation that may therefore open up some kind of understanding of it that would certainly releave you of a lot of frustration and refusal you may be feeling.

Is this going too far... ?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:37 AM   #527
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I cant read the whole thread obviously. But I noticed some discussion about how TOOL's music has changed, and I really wanna input on it so:

Change is usually denied out of fear, you know fear of the unknown mostly.

Change is inevitable. That is a law, just look around for a bit. The existing variation today has come about as a result of evolution--ary change and every single moment in nature , to which we are inherent , changes.

Going away from biology to the more spiritual realms of existence which encompass all other levels, change of the personality is usually welcomed. No?
You want to feel different, react differently and stop living the same drama that after 25 uears at least you have realized is becoming some ill pattern. Absurd to go about changing everything else around, so you are left with the only thing you ever had that being your responsibility. It takes a realization, a choice, an expression and you get to feed on the fruits of your own creations.
Accepting and allowing change opens the conscious freedom to possibilities. The things you like about yourself, you try to deepen somehow.

TOOL is an old band we all know how old.
I personally celebrate their constant steady change because its been rubbin me just right all these years of many changes that I myself have gone through, for example, but so has the whole world and collective consciousness.
I celebrate TOOL's recognition of and ability to tirelessly contribute to the change of mind frame that is so desperately needed in this civilization. Honestly 10 years ago I had no hope, 5 years ago I realized that its inevitable but still could not imagine that it is possible, and today I see it clearly happening.

To move from the average 5 min song to an average of 9 (maybe?) is an expression of a changing inner need being satisfied. Along with that Keenans lyrics are becoming cleaner, more essential, direct... and that is an expression of an inner state of change (whoever may be writing them).

Its conscious individuals that stand behind this music and it is their expression.

If you could just realize the changing nature of our nature then you should, i suppose you would, with the process of its realization, start loving change without judging it which in cases when you dont personally agree with it or simply dont like it, will at least leave you with a certain respect and appreciation that may therefore open up some kind of understanding of it that would certainly releave you of a lot of frustration and refusal you may be feeling.

Is this going too far... ?
08-12-2007, 12:51 PM

That last paragraph may be the longest sentence I've read in my entire life.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:51 PM   #528
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

That last paragraph may be the longest sentence I've read in my entire life.
insectpinsNR's Avatar insectpinsNR
10-05-2007, 05:30 PM

Who said anything about killing the queen this time? BLAIR DID!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:30 PM   #529
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Who said anything about killing the queen this time? BLAIR DID!
El Scorcho's Avatar El Scorcho
04-03-2008, 06:03 PM

Wait, what's going to happen tonight?
Old 04-03-2008, 06:03 PM   #530
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-03-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
Ha...little late man
Old 04-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #531
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Ha...little late man
04-07-2008, 09:28 PM

I just felt like confusing some people. I was one of those who waited up all night because of this very thread.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #532
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I just felt like confusing some people. I was one of those who waited up all night because of this very thread.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-08-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
haha, that sucks
Old 04-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #533
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
haha, that sucks

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply