Stinkfist (Ext.)
46 & 2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)
Lateralus (Ext. w/ Cody of Big Business)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-20-2007 at 07:23 AM..
Old 06-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ext.)
46 & 2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-20-2007 at 07:23 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Khadgar346's Avatar Khadgar346
07-18-2007, 09:43 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ext.)
46 & 2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
Vicarious

I believe thats the setlist but please correct me if I'm wrong.
I traveled a far distance to see this last show of the US tour. No, I'm not spoiled that I can fly all the way from Texas to see Tool in New Jersey, I was just lucky. It just so happened to be great timing as I had this trip planned far before I even knew Tool was playing just 5 miles away from my family's home town.

Big Buisness was the shit. They played a great set and in the middle of it, I assume two members from tool came on and poured popcorn all over them, they were dressed in a skeleton costume with masks so who knows who they were.... I didn't expect everyone one to enjoy their music even after hearing them for the first time, but I was disappointed with all the boos. It seemed as if I and a few other people were the only ones clapping and whistling.

The set list was the standard 10k days setlist, but instead of Right In Two, they played Flood which I was happy to hear. I wasn't expecting anything special even if this was the last show of the US tour. I would have loved to hear Pushit but you can't always get what ya want! The fact that I heard just ONE undertow song made me happy. The band was in good spirits being the last show before they go across the pond. Maynard faced the crowd the whole time, even tho I did see a couple of flashes go off.

Lateralus was the highlight of the night for me, the drum off between big buisness's drummer and danny was fantastic. the sombreros they had on were funny too. maynard came out with a big fan and blew toilet paper all over them afterwards he sat on his platform and read a book. I also found it funny that Justin had a stage tech come out and pour him a bunch of beers during that drum off. anyone count how many he slammed down?

As I checked out the merch both, I noticed a poster that I didn't see at any of the other shows I saw in Texas. It was a small poster with all the members autographs and some small drawings. Price: $300. I laughed pretty loud, enough to get attention from the merch peoples working there haha. I'm thankful that I was one of the lucky ones to get the signed lateralus LP for much less.

Over all, I really enoyed the PNC center even tho there were state troopers all over that place looking for minors drinking and the 3 beer a person limit. The staff there was a joke tho... It almost seemed as if everyone who was checking tickets was still in High School. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you wanted to sneak in a huge camera and a tripod it wasn't too hard. I had not one flashlight from security shined in my eyes which was a nice change.

It was definitely a new experience for me seeing a show in the northeast, the people are so different from what I'm used to in Texas. I met a lot of nice people, but I saw even more douche bags. I almost got caught up in the middle of a fight between people arguing about the Jets and the Giants in the line to use the bathroom... hah! and I thought Texas and OU rivalry was bad.

Sound was great, vocals could have been a bit louder, it was very hard to hear Maynard speak between songs in my section (201) he called us crazy bastards towards the end of the show and told us to put our clothes back on. at least he was serious about the drunk driving part of his speech.

I'm never let down with a Tool show. They didn't change the setlist much, but this 10k days tour was solid to say the least. I can't wait for them to come around again, even if its about 4 or 5 years in between. Its well worth the wait.

Last edited by Khadgar346; 07-19-2007 at 08:25 AM..
Old 07-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 12
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ext.)
46 & 2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
Vicarious

I believe thats the setlist but please correct me if I'm wrong.
I traveled a far distance to see this last show of the US tour. No, I'm not spoiled that I can fly all the way from Texas to see Tool in New Jersey, I was just lucky. It just so happened to be great timing as I had this trip planned far before I even knew Tool was playing just 5 miles away from my family's home town.

Big Buisness was the shit. They played a great set and in the middle of it, I assume two members from tool came on and poured popcorn all over them, they were dressed in a skeleton costume with masks so who knows who they were.... I didn't expect everyone one to enjoy their music even after hearing them for the first time, but I was disappointed with all the boos. It seemed as if I and a few other people were the only ones clapping and whistling.

The set list was the standard 10k days setlist, but instead of Right In Two, they played Flood which I was happy to hear. I wasn't expecting anything special even if this was the last show of the US tour. I would have loved to hear Pushit but you can't always get what ya want! The fact that I heard just ONE undertow song made me happy. The band was in good spirits being the last show before they go across the pond. Maynard faced the crowd the whole time, even tho I did see a couple of flashes go off.

Lateralus was the highlight of the night for me, the drum off between big buisness's drummer and danny was fantastic. the sombreros they had on were funny too. maynard came out with a big fan and blew toilet paper all over them afterwards he sat on his platform and read a book. I also found it funny that Justin had a stage tech come out and pour him a bunch of beers during that drum off. anyone count how many he slammed down?

As I checked out the merch both, I noticed a poster that I didn't see at any of the other shows I saw in Texas. It was a small poster with all the members autographs and some small drawings. Price: $300. I laughed pretty loud, enough to get attention from the merch peoples working there haha. I'm thankful that I was one of the lucky ones to get the signed lateralus LP for much less.

Over all, I really enoyed the PNC center even tho there were state troopers all over that place looking for minors drinking and the 3 beer a person limit. The staff there was a joke tho... It almost seemed as if everyone who was checking tickets was still in High School. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you wanted to sneak in a huge camera and a tripod it wasn't too hard. I had not one flashlight from security shined in my eyes which was a nice change.

It was definitely a new experience for me seeing a show in the northeast, the people are so different from what I'm used to in Texas. I met a lot of nice people, but I saw even more douche bags. I almost got caught up in the middle of a fight between people arguing about the Jets and the Giants in the line to use the bathroom... hah! and I thought Texas and OU rivalry was bad.

Sound was great, vocals could have been a bit louder, it was very hard to hear Maynard speak between songs in my section (201) he called us crazy bastards towards the end of the show and told us to put our clothes back on. at least he was serious about the drunk driving part of his speech.

I'm never let down with a Tool show. They didn't change the setlist much, but this 10k days tour was solid to say the least. I can't wait for them to come around again, even if its about 4 or 5 years in between. Its well worth the wait.

Last edited by Khadgar346; 07-19-2007 at 08:25 AM..
OFFLINE |  
EonApoc's Avatar EonApoc
07-18-2007, 09:59 PM

I was also in section 201. I hear ya about the douche bags... that's Jersey for ya. They really come out of the woodwork for the outdoor shows.

I think the only correction to the setlist is they did Lost Keys before Schism.

The instrumental portion of Schism was outstanding, and the drum-off in Lateralus is always a treat. However, I really wish it would've been a slightly different list compared to two nights ago in Reading, PA. Or throw in an extra tune since it's your last night in the US for a while.

Both shows that I got to see on this tour were very good, but they're just not blowing me away like the Lateralus tour. I blame that on me, though, not the band.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

I was also in section 201. I hear ya about the douche bags... that's Jersey for ya. They really come out of the woodwork for the outdoor shows.

I think the only correction to the setlist is they did Lost Keys before Schism.

The instrumental portion of Schism was outstanding, and the drum-off in Lateralus is always a treat. However, I really wish it would've been a slightly different list compared to two nights ago in Reading, PA. Or throw in an extra tune since it's your last night in the US for a while.

Both shows that I got to see on this tour were very good, but they're just not blowing me away like the Lateralus tour. I blame that on me, though, not the band.
OFFLINE |  
Scarlet Letterman42's Avatar Scarlet Letterman42
07-18-2007, 10:07 PM

"Hello you bastards"
Eight Tool show...Not one bit less intense than the previous seven:

JAMBI
Stinkfist (O.T.R.R)
46 & 2
Schism (O.T.R.R)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD!!!!!
Wings for Marie
!0,000 Days
Lateralus (w/Big Business drummer)
Vicarious

3rd row, Sec. 302...Sound was good...Line of sight great. The boys hardly deviate from their setlist once they start a tour, so I was hoping to get FLOOD...Indeed! Highlight for me was getting FLOOD! They were, and always have been TIGHT! Paid a bit more than I should have (thanks STUB HUB), but paying a bit more than face to see one of, if not the most incredible bands of their time , was worth it.

Someone spliced Neil Peart's and John Bohnam's dna and came up Danny Carey!!

What's done is done...Peace , I'm out
Old 07-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

"Hello you bastards"
Eight Tool show...Not one bit less intense than the previous seven:

JAMBI
Stinkfist (O.T.R.R)
46 & 2
Schism (O.T.R.R)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD!!!!!
Wings for Marie
!0,000 Days
Lateralus (w/Big Business drummer)
Vicarious

3rd row, Sec. 302...Sound was good...Line of sight great. The boys hardly deviate from their setlist once they start a tour, so I was hoping to get FLOOD...Indeed! Highlight for me was getting FLOOD! They were, and always have been TIGHT! Paid a bit more than I should have (thanks STUB HUB), but paying a bit more than face to see one of, if not the most incredible bands of their time , was worth it.

Someone spliced Neil Peart's and John Bohnam's dna and came up Danny Carey!!

What's done is done...Peace , I'm out
07-18-2007, 10:09 PM

Got Floor tickets row 20, thanks to the TA presale. Great show.

Big Business was decent. Very bad EQ and/or way too loud. Last day of the tour prank: packing peanuts (?) blown via fans onto the band while playing. Probably Adam and Justin in costume doing the pranking.

http://i10.tinypic.com/52nv11z.jpg

Maynard had fake mutton chops at the start and some sort of forearm armor (?). Adam had a drawn on beard (?) and the usual braids.

Snuck down to row 8 for Jambi and a part of Stinkfist (empty seats). Went back to my seat when the late people arrived.
Maynard said something during (-) Ions but I missed it.
Adam walked over to the others and they talked before both Forty Six & 2 and Schism (they skipped The Pot).
They added in Lost Keys.
The Vicarious Jam sounded really good. Justin teased us with the bassline to H. but then they went into the Flood intro. It was great nonetheless.

Lateralus had the extended drum break w/ toilet paper, but this time all 3 Big Business members took stage with sombreros on. Maynard was reading a book during the end of the drum-off, haha. Cody played all the way through to the end of Lateralus. Some people behind stage were dancing and casting shadows through to the projecting screens.
Maynard told the stage hands to "clean that shit up", then went on to thank Big Business and gave a suggestion to put on our clothes before we leave. Its not a good idea to drive naked...and drunk.
Kinda disappointed there wasnt an encore (i.e. Aenema) for the last US date. And it was even raining.

Setlist picture:
http://i19.tinypic.com/67qdz7n.jpg

Pretty amazing overall. Better than the Atlantic City show in my opinion.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the soundcheck had a few measures of You Lied (with Adam fumbling around trying to figure out the lead part at one point), and pretty much all of Jambi and Stinkfist (not extended).

Oh and Jambi started out with drums instead of Adam's riff when they came on stage.
Atlanta, GA - 7/27/09 | Fairfax, VA - 7/30/09
All Points West, NJ - 8/01/09
Kansas City, MO - 6/25/10 | St. Louis, MO - 6/26/10
Sacramento, CA - 7/13/10

Last edited by cirkus; 07-19-2007 at 07:43 AM..
Old 07-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12

Got Floor tickets row 20, thanks to the TA presale. Great show.

Big Business was decent. Very bad EQ and/or way too loud. Last day of the tour prank: packing peanuts (?) blown via fans onto the band while playing. Probably Adam and Justin in costume doing the pranking.

http://i10.tinypic.com/52nv11z.jpg

Maynard had fake mutton chops at the start and some sort of forearm armor (?). Adam had a drawn on beard (?) and the usual braids.

Snuck down to row 8 for Jambi and a part of Stinkfist (empty seats). Went back to my seat when the late people arrived.
Maynard said something during (-) Ions but I missed it.
Adam walked over to the others and they talked before both Forty Six & 2 and Schism (they skipped The Pot).
They added in Lost Keys.
The Vicarious Jam sounded really good. Justin teased us with the bassline to H. but then they went into the Flood intro. It was great nonetheless.

Lateralus had the extended drum break w/ toilet paper, but this time all 3 Big Business members took stage with sombreros on. Maynard was reading a book during the end of the drum-off, haha. Cody played all the way through to the end of Lateralus. Some people behind stage were dancing and casting shadows through to the projecting screens.
Maynard told the stage hands to "clean that shit up", then went on to thank Big Business and gave a suggestion to put on our clothes before we leave. Its not a good idea to drive naked...and drunk.
Kinda disappointed there wasnt an encore (i.e. Aenema) for the last US date. And it was even raining.

Setlist picture:
http://i19.tinypic.com/67qdz7n.jpg

Pretty amazing overall. Better than the Atlantic City show in my opinion.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the soundcheck had a few measures of You Lied (with Adam fumbling around trying to figure out the lead part at one point), and pretty much all of Jambi and Stinkfist (not extended).

Oh and Jambi started out with drums instead of Adam's riff when they came on stage.
Atlanta, GA - 7/27/09 | Fairfax, VA - 7/30/09
All Points West, NJ - 8/01/09
Kansas City, MO - 6/25/10 | St. Louis, MO - 6/26/10
Sacramento, CA - 7/13/10

Last edited by cirkus; 07-19-2007 at 07:43 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Gtiboi7
07-18-2007, 10:57 PM

Well I was pretty much 5 rows deep in section 104 in front of adam..thanks tool army for something. First of let me totally trash PNC " horrible experience" my buddy and I were out in the lot minding our own business kicking back a few beers. Not once, not twice. three times state troopers came over to check for ID and nose around the car. Once in the venue we had to get a retarted wrist band for a beer..Ok so we think we can finally can get a drink we find out we are limited to three by marking each beer on out wristband with a number and each time purchasing a beer we got carded again. What the hell is the point of the wrist band?? Not only was I getting carded each time for a beer i was checking out guys well into their 40's getting carded..Slowed down the process and I gave up after my first 8 dollar beer..

As for security in my area..What assholes, they almost ruined the show for me. If they had a slight bit of smoke/camera they were running up and down the isles flashing their lights. Not only in the isles but also in the row. I finally got enough nerve after the 2nd time he went into our row right in the middle of the song to say, "Hey get the hell out of the way I paid good money for this" and I think he got the message and totally chilled towards the end of the show. I snapped some camera pics about it, and noticed many cameras being taken. by the guards.

as for the show, seemed great. same set list as reading mehh..maybe i got my hopes up for pushit oh well. Sound was good 5 rows deep, maynard hmm in my opinion wasnt as into it as previous shows. Crowd dead?I thought so. I noticed justin had to get the lighters going..
6/9/07 Atlantic City NJ
7/16/07 Reading PA
7/18/07 Holmdel NJ
7/30/09 Fairfax VA

Last edited by Gtiboi7; 07-18-2007 at 11:01 PM..
Old 07-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Well I was pretty much 5 rows deep in section 104 in front of adam..thanks tool army for something. First of let me totally trash PNC " horrible experience" my buddy and I were out in the lot minding our own business kicking back a few beers. Not once, not twice. three times state troopers came over to check for ID and nose around the car. Once in the venue we had to get a retarted wrist band for a beer..Ok so we think we can finally can get a drink we find out we are limited to three by marking each beer on out wristband with a number and each time purchasing a beer we got carded again. What the hell is the point of the wrist band?? Not only was I getting carded each time for a beer i was checking out guys well into their 40's getting carded..Slowed down the process and I gave up after my first 8 dollar beer..

As for security in my area..What assholes, they almost ruined the show for me. If they had a slight bit of smoke/camera they were running up and down the isles flashing their lights. Not only in the isles but also in the row. I finally got enough nerve after the 2nd time he went into our row right in the middle of the song to say, "Hey get the hell out of the way I paid good money for this" and I think he got the message and totally chilled towards the end of the show. I snapped some camera pics about it, and noticed many cameras being taken. by the guards.

as for the show, seemed great. same set list as reading mehh..maybe i got my hopes up for pushit oh well. Sound was good 5 rows deep, maynard hmm in my opinion wasnt as into it as previous shows. Crowd dead?I thought so. I noticed justin had to get the lighters going..
6/9/07 Atlantic City NJ
7/16/07 Reading PA
7/18/07 Holmdel NJ
7/30/09 Fairfax VA

Last edited by Gtiboi7; 07-18-2007 at 11:01 PM..
OFFLINE |  
viti's Avatar viti
07-19-2007, 03:48 AM

this was the best of the 3 ive seen on this tour. the energy was awesome, each song was extended and the visuals were great. i was hoping for pushit but i really cant complain. at the end maynard said "see you soon" so hopefully they will be back and with a new setlist

again, solid show

Last edited by paraflux; 07-19-2007 at 07:21 AM..
Old 07-19-2007, 03:48 AM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

this was the best of the 3 ive seen on this tour. the energy was awesome, each song was extended and the visuals were great. i was hoping for pushit but i really cant complain. at the end maynard said "see you soon" so hopefully they will be back and with a new setlist

again, solid show

Last edited by paraflux; 07-19-2007 at 07:21 AM..
OFFLINE |  
NeonKnight
07-19-2007, 04:47 AM

First post here, extremely happy to find this place. I've posted this review elsewhere and some of this information may be redundant to some of you, so remember my review is aimed at some folks who've never seen /tool\.

This is a special band. There is no other band in the world like /tool\. I thought they were (as usual) superb in every sense of the word.

This was my 3rd time seeing /tool\ live. I have been looking forward to this tour since the Lateralus tour, which was just a mindblowing experience.

Well, this tour, in support of 10000 Days, did not reach the same level of exalted heights as the previous tour. But it came close...

First of all, their stage set is amazing, totally unlike anything I ever seen, and I've been going to rock shows since the mid 70's. The stage is completely white, a blank slate. Danny Carey on Drums off to stage right, Adam Jones, (guitar) is far stage left, Justin Chancellor (bass) far stage right, and Maynard (mad genius) is stage rear left on a riser next to the drums.

Now /tool\ is a famously mysterious act, and Maynard lives and breathes mystery. He is the anti-David Lee Roth, with anti-LeadSingersDisease, since he never once appeared center stage, never once was he even in a spotlight, he basically appears in shadowy sillouette (in "my shadowland") with the incredible visuals as his backdrop. So the effect is this slippery shadow writhing and sinuating to this incredible pulsating immersive experience with your subconcious that is /tool\.

Carey is an absolute monster on his kit, no one I've seen since John Bonham pounds his skins with anymore fury, he attacks his kit. What a wonderful combination with the bass, just a killer section.

Back to the visuals, they were the most impressive I've seen since their own last tour...four big screens as a backdrop, a huge screen over that, secondary screens throughout, absolutely jawdropping lights and lasers mixed with smoke, they even had lasers and smoke coming out of the soundboard, this lightshow is just awesome, its like Pink Floyd at the planetarium only more intense, this is psychedelic metal at its finest. (and perhaps uniquely /tool\.)

One thing I found so friggin amazing is the stage itself is part of the visuals. All of the visual effects are also projected onto the stage, so its as if the musicians are actually performing within the visuals, which makes them even more stunningly effective.

I love all the sounds the /tool\ shed creates. Every song was at least 10 minutes long, no song just begins, every song needs a nice long toolshed intro, with shadowman Maynard creating weird toolsounds with his mysterymaynard box, Adam creating incredible controlled feedback with his ginormous effect rack, the bass and drums forming a cohesive pallette for these sonic colors to reside within...I loved it! :)
Old 07-19-2007, 04:47 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

First post here, extremely happy to find this place. I've posted this review elsewhere and some of this information may be redundant to some of you, so remember my review is aimed at some folks who've never seen /tool\.

This is a special band. There is no other band in the world like /tool\. I thought they were (as usual) superb in every sense of the word.

This was my 3rd time seeing /tool\ live. I have been looking forward to this tour since the Lateralus tour, which was just a mindblowing experience.

Well, this tour, in support of 10000 Days, did not reach the same level of exalted heights as the previous tour. But it came close...

First of all, their stage set is amazing, totally unlike anything I ever seen, and I've been going to rock shows since the mid 70's. The stage is completely white, a blank slate. Danny Carey on Drums off to stage right, Adam Jones, (guitar) is far stage left, Justin Chancellor (bass) far stage right, and Maynard (mad genius) is stage rear left on a riser next to the drums.

Now /tool\ is a famously mysterious act, and Maynard lives and breathes mystery. He is the anti-David Lee Roth, with anti-LeadSingersDisease, since he never once appeared center stage, never once was he even in a spotlight, he basically appears in shadowy sillouette (in "my shadowland") with the incredible visuals as his backdrop. So the effect is this slippery shadow writhing and sinuating to this incredible pulsating immersive experience with your subconcious that is /tool\.

Carey is an absolute monster on his kit, no one I've seen since John Bonham pounds his skins with anymore fury, he attacks his kit. What a wonderful combination with the bass, just a killer section.

Back to the visuals, they were the most impressive I've seen since their own last tour...four big screens as a backdrop, a huge screen over that, secondary screens throughout, absolutely jawdropping lights and lasers mixed with smoke, they even had lasers and smoke coming out of the soundboard, this lightshow is just awesome, its like Pink Floyd at the planetarium only more intense, this is psychedelic metal at its finest. (and perhaps uniquely /tool\.)

One thing I found so friggin amazing is the stage itself is part of the visuals. All of the visual effects are also projected onto the stage, so its as if the musicians are actually performing within the visuals, which makes them even more stunningly effective.

I love all the sounds the /tool\ shed creates. Every song was at least 10 minutes long, no song just begins, every song needs a nice long toolshed intro, with shadowman Maynard creating weird toolsounds with his mysterymaynard box, Adam creating incredible controlled feedback with his ginormous effect rack, the bass and drums forming a cohesive pallette for these sonic colors to reside within...I loved it! :)
OFFLINE |  
strats
07-19-2007, 05:52 AM

above setlist is correct aside from it missing ions, which was really cool. First time I saw them last year, was not as good, they really perfected the show, and surprised me with flood, ions, rosetta stoned, and the extended lateralus. Everybody was on, except maynard missed a few notes, or lacked them completely. Only complaint is that people from New Jersey are actually the worst. Talking during wings, 10k, lost keys, ions, and flood (at least on the lawn, next time i will spend more money and sit in the seats). Typically just dumb meat heads who cant appreciate a good show, and the artful way tool performs. Words of advice - if you want to go take out your testosterone, social and personal issues, do not do it at a tool show. It is ridiculous to sit and cheer like a lunatic during the hard songs, and then not appreciate the slower ones, or the great segues (sp.) that were inbetween each song. You people officially suck, and I am sure if Maynard had his way, you wouldnt be going to any more shows. The people who BOO'd during wings are all completely ridiculous...would have been a perfect show if I were at a different venue, with different people.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:52 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

above setlist is correct aside from it missing ions, which was really cool. First time I saw them last year, was not as good, they really perfected the show, and surprised me with flood, ions, rosetta stoned, and the extended lateralus. Everybody was on, except maynard missed a few notes, or lacked them completely. Only complaint is that people from New Jersey are actually the worst. Talking during wings, 10k, lost keys, ions, and flood (at least on the lawn, next time i will spend more money and sit in the seats). Typically just dumb meat heads who cant appreciate a good show, and the artful way tool performs. Words of advice - if you want to go take out your testosterone, social and personal issues, do not do it at a tool show. It is ridiculous to sit and cheer like a lunatic during the hard songs, and then not appreciate the slower ones, or the great segues (sp.) that were inbetween each song. You people officially suck, and I am sure if Maynard had his way, you wouldnt be going to any more shows. The people who BOO'd during wings are all completely ridiculous...would have been a perfect show if I were at a different venue, with different people.
OFFLINE |  
Harrybacrach
07-19-2007, 05:56 AM

This was my 3rd and I believe favorite show to date. I will go see these guys everytime they come around from now on. I'm totally addicted now. I first saw them at MSG 2001 for Lateralus. They were great. For this show I was pretty far up on the lawn so I really couldn't see that well but I got to experience the whole stage show this time. I was always on the floor at the other shows. Let me tell you that their stage show is the best of any band out there now I would say. I can imagine what it would be like on acid but then again with a show like they put on you really don't need it. SO much to look at and experience. This time was special because of all the improv. After smoking a j and standing for a couple of hours the extended intros get a little long and old but the songs were good. Highlights were definitely Flood and the drum solos. Danny is just frightening on the kit. The sounds that Adam gets his rig to make are unreal. Just the fact that they are such a tight live act speaks volumes to their hard work. It's like listening to the CD even if the sound wasn't that good up on the lawn. A little more from Undertow or AEnima would have been cool. A pit started on the lawn behind me and people started sliding down the muddy hill. It was pretty cool minus the moshing. It's cool to mosh if that's your thing but not on a wet hill. Come on man... Oh yeah, people from Jersey by in large are douche bags, not all of us are once you get to know us though. Big ups to a sick show and a sick band!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:56 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 3rd and I believe favorite show to date. I will go see these guys everytime they come around from now on. I'm totally addicted now. I first saw them at MSG 2001 for Lateralus. They were great. For this show I was pretty far up on the lawn so I really couldn't see that well but I got to experience the whole stage show this time. I was always on the floor at the other shows. Let me tell you that their stage show is the best of any band out there now I would say. I can imagine what it would be like on acid but then again with a show like they put on you really don't need it. SO much to look at and experience. This time was special because of all the improv. After smoking a j and standing for a couple of hours the extended intros get a little long and old but the songs were good. Highlights were definitely Flood and the drum solos. Danny is just frightening on the kit. The sounds that Adam gets his rig to make are unreal. Just the fact that they are such a tight live act speaks volumes to their hard work. It's like listening to the CD even if the sound wasn't that good up on the lawn. A little more from Undertow or AEnima would have been cool. A pit started on the lawn behind me and people started sliding down the muddy hill. It was pretty cool minus the moshing. It's cool to mosh if that's your thing but not on a wet hill. Come on man... Oh yeah, people from Jersey by in large are douche bags, not all of us are once you get to know us though. Big ups to a sick show and a sick band!
OFFLINE |  
MarcHStrother's Avatar MarcHStrother
07-19-2007, 06:24 AM

I finally saw some benefit of being a Toolarmy member after all of these years - section 104, Row G. Unbelievable seats right in front of Adam.

On more than one occasion I had the "Adam is staring right at me" syndrome that many tool fans have experienced. He's probably just in a daze but it's a pretty cool feeling - you don't know what to do - you instinctively want to say something but instead you just do stupid shit like give him a thumbs up or - like the guy in front of me - give him a "rock on" pinky & pointer finger salute. Little did this guy know that Adam wasn't really looking at him, just me - haha.

As great as the seats were - Tool has and always will be about the music for me - so hearing practically the same setlist five times in the last 12 months (NYC, NYC, East Rutherford, A/C, PNC) takes a little toll on the experience.

The exception here was Flood - this is long-standing favorite of mine and was executed flawlessly - for me it was the highlight of the show.

Security was really a pain in the ass in this section - constantly distracting with their flashlights and bothering everone who was just trying to take a crapppy cell-phone shot.

Maynard came out with what looked to be an unlit cigarette in his mouth, cowboy hat and what appeared to be a stick-on beard of sorts. It came off shortly into the set.

The drumoff was pretty cool - Danny is pretty amazing, seeing him up close gives you an even greater appreciation for how good he is.

I'm wondering, Tool tour in '08 or is it back to the drawing board for the 2011 album! I have just one selfish wish between now and 2011 - that they give up the major stage productions of large venues, lights, lasers, fog, drumoffs, etc. and concentrate on a varied set list again - like the good old days...one can dream, can't they?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

I finally saw some benefit of being a Toolarmy member after all of these years - section 104, Row G. Unbelievable seats right in front of Adam.

On more than one occasion I had the "Adam is staring right at me" syndrome that many tool fans have experienced. He's probably just in a daze but it's a pretty cool feeling - you don't know what to do - you instinctively want to say something but instead you just do stupid shit like give him a thumbs up or - like the guy in front of me - give him a "rock on" pinky & pointer finger salute. Little did this guy know that Adam wasn't really looking at him, just me - haha.

As great as the seats were - Tool has and always will be about the music for me - so hearing practically the same setlist five times in the last 12 months (NYC, NYC, East Rutherford, A/C, PNC) takes a little toll on the experience.

The exception here was Flood - this is long-standing favorite of mine and was executed flawlessly - for me it was the highlight of the show.

Security was really a pain in the ass in this section - constantly distracting with their flashlights and bothering everone who was just trying to take a crapppy cell-phone shot.

Maynard came out with what looked to be an unlit cigarette in his mouth, cowboy hat and what appeared to be a stick-on beard of sorts. It came off shortly into the set.

The drumoff was pretty cool - Danny is pretty amazing, seeing him up close gives you an even greater appreciation for how good he is.

I'm wondering, Tool tour in '08 or is it back to the drawing board for the 2011 album! I have just one selfish wish between now and 2011 - that they give up the major stage productions of large venues, lights, lasers, fog, drumoffs, etc. and concentrate on a varied set list again - like the good old days...one can dream, can't they?
OFFLINE |  
SchismEleven's Avatar SchismEleven
07-19-2007, 06:33 AM

Great show, arrived just as the lights went down and not on purpose. I walked to my section 302, but actually hung out for JAMBI and Stinkfist(crowd went crazy for this song) behind the sound board! Excellent vew of Justin and Danyy in Sec 302.
Fianlly went to my seats in row M and noticed that every time Danny hit his bass drums I could feel every beat on my chest. He is an excellent drummer, and I believe he nailed the solo on 46&2 because I got chills when it was over.
Before they played FLOOD, which was great to hear I thought I heard the beginning of H. Anyone else notice this? I seemed to be the only one in my section that was screaming H. I know that everyone has already said that the drum solo in Lateralus is great but I wasn't expecting a duel and for so long, HOW does Danny have this much stamina!?! who were the dudes in sombreros?
Great concert I will be at PNC to see Alice in Chains, but this has to top any concert I have seen (Tool in camden 06, close second).

9/28/06 Camden
10/06/06 East Rutherford
7/18/07 Holmdel
2/01/12 East Rutherford
Old 07-19-2007, 06:33 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Great show, arrived just as the lights went down and not on purpose. I walked to my section 302, but actually hung out for JAMBI and Stinkfist(crowd went crazy for this song) behind the sound board! Excellent vew of Justin and Danyy in Sec 302.
Fianlly went to my seats in row M and noticed that every time Danny hit his bass drums I could feel every beat on my chest. He is an excellent drummer, and I believe he nailed the solo on 46&2 because I got chills when it was over.
Before they played FLOOD, which was great to hear I thought I heard the beginning of H. Anyone else notice this? I seemed to be the only one in my section that was screaming H. I know that everyone has already said that the drum solo in Lateralus is great but I wasn't expecting a duel and for so long, HOW does Danny have this much stamina!?! who were the dudes in sombreros?
Great concert I will be at PNC to see Alice in Chains, but this has to top any concert I have seen (Tool in camden 06, close second).

9/28/06 Camden
10/06/06 East Rutherford
7/18/07 Holmdel
2/01/12 East Rutherford
OFFLINE |  
missmilly
07-19-2007, 06:58 AM

I will never go to PNC again... first of all, I got there around 6pm, but still had to park in a muddy field far from the entrance with no bathrooms nearby. My friend and I made our way over to the main parking lot with our beers in a cooler bag thinking the outdoor bathrooms would be open, but instead there were signs on the doors saying that the bathrooms would be closed for cleaning 2 hours before the show. So, should we wait in the muddy mile-long line and go in to the venue just to pee? No... we ended up in the woods with about 50 other people with the same dilemma. I have no problem with the woods, but really... what kind of venue doesn't have at least one toilet outside of the concert open before the show? More people in my party showed up a bit later with handicapped plates, but get this, they were out of handicapped spaces! It that legal? Can we sue PNC? There were plenty of VIP spaces--they should have let them park there. Don't even get me started on the wristbands. I didn't even bother trying to drink once I got inside. And why was that line to get in moving so slow? I didn't even get patted down at the entrance! I have never seen so many pigs in one place. In fact, I don't remember seeing any pigs at all at the last four Tool shows I saw (Philly, Camden, NYC, Meadowlands). If Tool wasn't the most incredible band in the world, I would not have attempted to put up with PNC.

As for the show--amazing as usual. Once I saw Maynard, I forgot about how frustrated I was with PNC. (Other than having to shut a few people up in my section who were booing and shouting things like, "play something good you bastard." If you're not a Tool fan, don't come to the show, and if you don't like one of the songs, sit down and shut up.)

I only wish that there were a few more shows. I'd pay a broker $300 to see Tool again (under better circumstances).
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

I will never go to PNC again... first of all, I got there around 6pm, but still had to park in a muddy field far from the entrance with no bathrooms nearby. My friend and I made our way over to the main parking lot with our beers in a cooler bag thinking the outdoor bathrooms would be open, but instead there were signs on the doors saying that the bathrooms would be closed for cleaning 2 hours before the show. So, should we wait in the muddy mile-long line and go in to the venue just to pee? No... we ended up in the woods with about 50 other people with the same dilemma. I have no problem with the woods, but really... what kind of venue doesn't have at least one toilet outside of the concert open before the show? More people in my party showed up a bit later with handicapped plates, but get this, they were out of handicapped spaces! It that legal? Can we sue PNC? There were plenty of VIP spaces--they should have let them park there. Don't even get me started on the wristbands. I didn't even bother trying to drink once I got inside. And why was that line to get in moving so slow? I didn't even get patted down at the entrance! I have never seen so many pigs in one place. In fact, I don't remember seeing any pigs at all at the last four Tool shows I saw (Philly, Camden, NYC, Meadowlands). If Tool wasn't the most incredible band in the world, I would not have attempted to put up with PNC.

As for the show--amazing as usual. Once I saw Maynard, I forgot about how frustrated I was with PNC. (Other than having to shut a few people up in my section who were booing and shouting things like, "play something good you bastard." If you're not a Tool fan, don't come to the show, and if you don't like one of the songs, sit down and shut up.)

I only wish that there were a few more shows. I'd pay a broker $300 to see Tool again (under better circumstances).
OFFLINE |  
evileagle
07-19-2007, 07:20 AM

I was in section 103 row U...got it through TA. This was show number eight for me...
The show was amazing and the drum showdown with Cody from Big Biz was the highlight...The crowd was more of the big hair and guido types but plenty to laugh at.
There was guy in front of me who talked the entire time with his back to the the band...I could not understand why he even came...just a big bald annoyance.
There was this security lady who was policing our section and she was a real pain...always with the light and the stern looks...
I cannot wait to they come back...hopefully they do the garden next time.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:20 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

I was in section 103 row U...got it through TA. This was show number eight for me...
The show was amazing and the drum showdown with Cody from Big Biz was the highlight...The crowd was more of the big hair and guido types but plenty to laugh at.
There was guy in front of me who talked the entire time with his back to the the band...I could not understand why he even came...just a big bald annoyance.
There was this security lady who was policing our section and she was a real pain...always with the light and the stern looks...
I cannot wait to they come back...hopefully they do the garden next time.
OFFLINE |  
nunya_bidness
07-19-2007, 07:20 AM

This was my first tool show, but not my first concert. The set list was excellent and the performance was virtually flawless, well worth the effort. The only thing that bothers me is the mix was not as good as should be, considering the state of the art, and the quality of tool's recorder music. The vocals need to sound better to fully appreciate the music, and I know the sound at PNC can be better balanced. BTW to Khadgar346, Big Business asked everybody to boo when the song was over.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:20 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first tool show, but not my first concert. The set list was excellent and the performance was virtually flawless, well worth the effort. The only thing that bothers me is the mix was not as good as should be, considering the state of the art, and the quality of tool's recorder music. The vocals need to sound better to fully appreciate the music, and I know the sound at PNC can be better balanced. BTW to Khadgar346, Big Business asked everybody to boo when the song was over.
OFFLINE |  
SchismEleven's Avatar SchismEleven
07-19-2007, 07:59 AM

Yea I understand why complaining about PNC, sound was good (I was behind th sound board) but I think Camden was louder and vocals were clearer.

PNC was a zoo for parkign too, because people guarding traffic were not as noticeable as peopel trying to scalp tickets, plus it took me 1 1/2 hours to get from the Outerbridge to the arena, then a 20 minute wait to get in through a tiny gate, where a drunk security guard says take everything out of their pockets, without a search. I could have had a sharp weapon but he never patted or looked what was in my hands. It seemed like he was just checking out a few young girls (wierdo). I really thought I was going to miss the first song because of the security.

Also when I was racing to get seats I had to cut through a huge line of people waiting for a $8 beer. I loved Camden because the Tweeter Center was very open and people were much nicer and it was very quick to get in and out of that arena (unlike PNC).

9/28/06 Camden
10/06/06 East Rutherford
7/18/07 Holmdel
2/01/12 East Rutherford
Old 07-19-2007, 07:59 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Yea I understand why complaining about PNC, sound was good (I was behind th sound board) but I think Camden was louder and vocals were clearer.

PNC was a zoo for parkign too, because people guarding traffic were not as noticeable as peopel trying to scalp tickets, plus it took me 1 1/2 hours to get from the Outerbridge to the arena, then a 20 minute wait to get in through a tiny gate, where a drunk security guard says take everything out of their pockets, without a search. I could have had a sharp weapon but he never patted or looked what was in my hands. It seemed like he was just checking out a few young girls (wierdo). I really thought I was going to miss the first song because of the security.

Also when I was racing to get seats I had to cut through a huge line of people waiting for a $8 beer. I loved Camden because the Tweeter Center was very open and people were much nicer and it was very quick to get in and out of that arena (unlike PNC).

9/28/06 Camden
10/06/06 East Rutherford
7/18/07 Holmdel
2/01/12 East Rutherford
OFFLINE |  
time bomb
07-19-2007, 08:07 AM

Big Business was awesome, and as for all the booing, the lead singer asked for the crowd to boo him before they started their final song.

Tool sounded loud and clear the whole night, then again I'm sure it helped to be sitting right next to the sound board. Flood was sick, although I had hoped for something different. The Lateralus break down was fucking nuts, and Codey rocked the house.

Anyone else see Danny walk up to the soundboard during Big Business' set? I saw a few other guys go up to him, but for the most part no one else noticed.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 AM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Big Business was awesome, and as for all the booing, the lead singer asked for the crowd to boo him before they started their final song.

Tool sounded loud and clear the whole night, then again I'm sure it helped to be sitting right next to the sound board. Flood was sick, although I had hoped for something different. The Lateralus break down was fucking nuts, and Codey rocked the house.

Anyone else see Danny walk up to the soundboard during Big Business' set? I saw a few other guys go up to him, but for the most part no one else noticed.
OFFLINE |  
MadMax's Avatar MadMax
07-19-2007, 08:27 AM

Setlist (same as Reading):
Jambi
Stinkfist (Ext.)
46 & 2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
Vicarious

My seat was in section 402, row U. PNC Arts Center is a very nice venue. They have tons of available parking (although a long walk), and there's not a bad seat in the place. The venue sounds really good too, even far back from the stage. Besides in the beginning where I got a warning for using my phone, security was not bad at all. It actually seemed worse in Reading.

I was pretty far away from the stage, but it allowed me to get the full effect of the visualizations. Speaking of which, they were AMAZING. You do not get to see the light show if you are close up. From where I was sitting it was perfect. I loved the whole fire theme to Jambi, the visualizations during Rosetta Stoned might have been the best, and (obviously) the theme of water for Flood was beyond amazing. The light show became mind blowing during Wings for Marie and stayed that way until the end of Vicarious.

I was kind of pissed that they didn't change the set list AT ALL from Reading, PA. I was hoping for some different songs, like The Pot/Right in Two. If not a varied set list, why not give us something special since it's the last USA show?

The music was amazing, as always. Every song was played to perfection. All four band members truly rocked out tonight. You could tell they were having fun. All the extended songs stuck out, they were amazing.

I also loved Big Business as the opening act, they are loud and play hard, and Cody is unreal. Yet again they asked everyone to BOO after their last song, we weren't booing them off the stage...pay attention next time.

Maynard wasn't too chatty, but it's all good. He said (yet again) that they'll see us soon...and i'll hold him to that.

Last edited by MadMax; 07-19-2007 at 08:31 AM..
Old 07-19-2007, 08:27 AM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

Setlist (same as Reading):
Jambi
Stinkfist (Ext.)
46 & 2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
Vicarious

My seat was in section 402, row U. PNC Arts Center is a very nice venue. They have tons of available parking (although a long walk), and there's not a bad seat in the place. The venue sounds really good too, even far back from the stage. Besides in the beginning where I got a warning for using my phone, security was not bad at all. It actually seemed worse in Reading.

I was pretty far away from the stage, but it allowed me to get the full effect of the visualizations. Speaking of which, they were AMAZING. You do not get to see the light show if you are close up. From where I was sitting it was perfect. I loved the whole fire theme to Jambi, the visualizations during Rosetta Stoned might have been the best, and (obviously) the theme of water for Flood was beyond amazing. The light show became mind blowing during Wings for Marie and stayed that way until the end of Vicarious.

I was kind of pissed that they didn't change the set list AT ALL from Reading, PA. I was hoping for some different songs, like The Pot/Right in Two. If not a varied set list, why not give us something special since it's the last USA show?

The music was amazing, as always. Every song was played to perfection. All four band members truly rocked out tonight. You could tell they were having fun. All the extended songs stuck out, they were amazing.

I also loved Big Business as the opening act, they are loud and play hard, and Cody is unreal. Yet again they asked everyone to BOO after their last song, we weren't booing them off the stage...pay attention next time.

Maynard wasn't too chatty, but it's all good. He said (yet again) that they'll see us soon...and i'll hold him to that.

Last edited by MadMax; 07-19-2007 at 08:31 AM..
OFFLINE |  
habib
07-19-2007, 08:43 AM

Hey all-

5th (and last) show on this tour for my girlfriend and I. We were in sec 102 row K, amazing seats, probably the best view i've had...

I have the same feelings about the venue logistics and police presence as everyone else. Being outside was nice tho. As for the crowd, I've never been to a TOOL show (except maybe lollapalooza 93) where there wasnt a bunch of goombas in the crowd, I've come to terms with this aspect of being a TOOL fan (i'm glad they are listenting to TOOL at least)

TOOL never fails to deliver imo, I'm really glad i got to see Flood. I always feel recharged after a TOOL show, like a good psychedelic experience. I got the feeling that the band was a little tired last night. When we saw them at city center in NY (their best show, imo) they were really energetic, with Maynard jumping around doing his cosmic jester thing. Last night wasn't the same, I could sense the tour taking its toll on them. Maynard even layed down during the lighter intermission, and for the past two shows I've been to he hasnt sung the "viiiiicariouslyyyyy iiiiiiiiiii" part. Rosetta Stoned, his vocals were too low, it's still may favorite song in the world. It's gotta be exhausting to be on tour all t he time, so I'm not complaining. Just glad I got to see them so many times.

Lateralus drum battle - AWESOME! It was fun to watch Maynard's antics during the breakdown, blowing toilet paper and reading books, acting bored.
and holy shit Justin is such a soldier, he really holds it down, I loved watching his fingers when he plays Schism, that shit is amazing.

AHHHHHAHAHAHA i love TOOL.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Hey all-

5th (and last) show on this tour for my girlfriend and I. We were in sec 102 row K, amazing seats, probably the best view i've had...

I have the same feelings about the venue logistics and police presence as everyone else. Being outside was nice tho. As for the crowd, I've never been to a TOOL show (except maybe lollapalooza 93) where there wasnt a bunch of goombas in the crowd, I've come to terms with this aspect of being a TOOL fan (i'm glad they are listenting to TOOL at least)

TOOL never fails to deliver imo, I'm really glad i got to see Flood. I always feel recharged after a TOOL show, like a good psychedelic experience. I got the feeling that the band was a little tired last night. When we saw them at city center in NY (their best show, imo) they were really energetic, with Maynard jumping around doing his cosmic jester thing. Last night wasn't the same, I could sense the tour taking its toll on them. Maynard even layed down during the lighter intermission, and for the past two shows I've been to he hasnt sung the "viiiiicariouslyyyyy iiiiiiiiiii" part. Rosetta Stoned, his vocals were too low, it's still may favorite song in the world. It's gotta be exhausting to be on tour all t he time, so I'm not complaining. Just glad I got to see them so many times.

Lateralus drum battle - AWESOME! It was fun to watch Maynard's antics during the breakdown, blowing toilet paper and reading books, acting bored.
and holy shit Justin is such a soldier, he really holds it down, I loved watching his fingers when he plays Schism, that shit is amazing.

AHHHHHAHAHAHA i love TOOL.
OFFLINE |  
time bomb
07-19-2007, 08:50 AM

Oh, and the H. intro to Flood was so mean... :(
Old 07-19-2007, 08:50 AM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

Oh, and the H. intro to Flood was so mean... :(
OFFLINE |  
MiniTool's Avatar MiniTool
07-19-2007, 08:50 AM

I was in section 102 row B!!!!!!! and then moved up to row A. Yes. FRONT ROW. It was insane! Thank you ToolArmy. And a big hello to Sheva420- Dan and Debbie, if you're reading this, you guys rock! Everyone around me was really cool and very into the show and all obviously huge fans.

Just being so close and seeing everything was just unreal. I couldnt keep my eyes off of Maynard, so I feel like everyone has different views of the show. During the Lateralus drum-off when Maynard started reading a book, he was showing it to Adam, and I didn't even see the part where Justin was drinking beer!!

I have to say, its my 4th show and I don't think it was the best set list. I missed the Pot and Aenema, and would have loved to hear Pushit, the Patient, or Parabola....or Sober. Or more songs period, but I heard from the security guard in the front row that the reason they left songs out was because they started about 20 mins late. BUT...being that close, seeing all that I did, and just absorbing...it made up for everything. Best.show.ever!

If you saw me, I was the girl (in the front row...haha) with the white tank top, cargo's and the long dark hair rocking out with a girlfriend of mine-also dark hair.

I love Tool and I love the fans bc everyone is just so awesome. I was also able to snap a few good pics from my phone (being a girl in the front row helps...the security is always nice) and I didn't get in trouble for it. If anyone wants to see, shoot me a PM.
PNC - 7/18- FRONT ROW BABY!!!!!!!
www.myspace.com/lipstick21
Old 07-19-2007, 08:50 AM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

I was in section 102 row B!!!!!!! and then moved up to row A. Yes. FRONT ROW. It was insane! Thank you ToolArmy. And a big hello to Sheva420- Dan and Debbie, if you're reading this, you guys rock! Everyone around me was really cool and very into the show and all obviously huge fans.

Just being so close and seeing everything was just unreal. I couldnt keep my eyes off of Maynard, so I feel like everyone has different views of the show. During the Lateralus drum-off when Maynard started reading a book, he was showing it to Adam, and I didn't even see the part where Justin was drinking beer!!

I have to say, its my 4th show and I don't think it was the best set list. I missed the Pot and Aenema, and would have loved to hear Pushit, the Patient, or Parabola....or Sober. Or more songs period, but I heard from the security guard in the front row that the reason they left songs out was because they started about 20 mins late. BUT...being that close, seeing all that I did, and just absorbing...it made up for everything. Best.show.ever!

If you saw me, I was the girl (in the front row...haha) with the white tank top, cargo's and the long dark hair rocking out with a girlfriend of mine-also dark hair.

I love Tool and I love the fans bc everyone is just so awesome. I was also able to snap a few good pics from my phone (being a girl in the front row helps...the security is always nice) and I didn't get in trouble for it. If anyone wants to see, shoot me a PM.
PNC - 7/18- FRONT ROW BABY!!!!!!!
www.myspace.com/lipstick21
OFFLINE |  
Speareman's Avatar Speareman
07-19-2007, 09:02 AM

Amazing show

Not as good as Reading but who can complain

Highlight was of course Danny Carey/Cody combo , I am speechless

I was that white shirted dancing fool everyone was falling in love with on the lawn

I wish I could go to Europe
"It’s the self I wanted to be for so long and yet some how I didn’t feel fully deserving and worthy of being. Often I only felt it in fleeting glimpses, but some how those glimpses were enough to keep me hopeful yet not enough to really feed and nurture me or recognize my full magnificence."
Old 07-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #22

Bincount™: 9

Amazing show

Not as good as Reading but who can complain

Highlight was of course Danny Carey/Cody combo , I am speechless

I was that white shirted dancing fool everyone was falling in love with on the lawn

I wish I could go to Europe
"It’s the self I wanted to be for so long and yet some how I didn’t feel fully deserving and worthy of being. Often I only felt it in fleeting glimpses, but some how those glimpses were enough to keep me hopeful yet not enough to really feed and nurture me or recognize my full magnificence."
OFFLINE |  
conor moore
07-19-2007, 09:16 AM

section 403

i thought my seats would suck but they didnt

it was better than the tweeter center a few nights before you could hear maynard better

it was probably one of the best shows this whole tour
and big biz sucked

7/12/07 tweeter center

7/18/07 pnc banks art center
Old 07-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

section 403

i thought my seats would suck but they didnt

it was better than the tweeter center a few nights before you could hear maynard better

it was probably one of the best shows this whole tour
and big biz sucked

7/12/07 tweeter center

7/18/07 pnc banks art center
OFFLINE |  
tatl
07-19-2007, 09:34 AM

Amazing show. I was in row e, towards the left... pretty damn close, to say the least. This was my second show; I also saw them in Atlantic City. This show was definitely better, although it would have been nice to hear The Pot, like last time. The Flood was definitely awesome to here, it was nice to get some Undertow action in there, hehe. Lateralus was amazing, the interchanging drum solo between Carey and the guy from Big Business was fucking amazing. And what was up with Carey's little rabbit puppet thing? haha, what the hell. Their little stage antics were pretty funny, good shit...

Hm what else. I guess everyone said it all. Amazing show, great ending for the tour in America... it's pretty sad, but I guess we'll all see them again in a few years =)
Old 07-19-2007, 09:34 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Amazing show. I was in row e, towards the left... pretty damn close, to say the least. This was my second show; I also saw them in Atlantic City. This show was definitely better, although it would have been nice to hear The Pot, like last time. The Flood was definitely awesome to here, it was nice to get some Undertow action in there, hehe. Lateralus was amazing, the interchanging drum solo between Carey and the guy from Big Business was fucking amazing. And what was up with Carey's little rabbit puppet thing? haha, what the hell. Their little stage antics were pretty funny, good shit...

Hm what else. I guess everyone said it all. Amazing show, great ending for the tour in America... it's pretty sad, but I guess we'll all see them again in a few years =)
OFFLINE |  
evileagle
07-19-2007, 09:57 AM

Big Biz was awesome...think the melvins meet motorhead...

They rock...
Old 07-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

Big Biz was awesome...think the melvins meet motorhead...

They rock...
OFFLINE |  
mk_gmbl
07-19-2007, 10:02 AM

Show was pretty fuckin amazing, took the show from the lawn this time, and all i can say is my mind is still alil fried. Seeing the show from the lawn ive got to say is damn near better then being up close. I was the drunk long haired fellow in the dead center of the field wearing a roger waters shirt. The crowd wasnt as bad as i would have expected. To many drunks falling al over the place. But all in all the laser show destroys all minds in its wake, and i cant wait to see em on the next trip around, and hopefully they will stop by philly and we wont have to drive out the ass to get there. Thanx again to the greates fuckin band tourin today.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Show was pretty fuckin amazing, took the show from the lawn this time, and all i can say is my mind is still alil fried. Seeing the show from the lawn ive got to say is damn near better then being up close. I was the drunk long haired fellow in the dead center of the field wearing a roger waters shirt. The crowd wasnt as bad as i would have expected. To many drunks falling al over the place. But all in all the laser show destroys all minds in its wake, and i cant wait to see em on the next trip around, and hopefully they will stop by philly and we wont have to drive out the ass to get there. Thanx again to the greates fuckin band tourin today.
OFFLINE |  
ToolNation
07-19-2007, 10:07 AM

if it wasn't for Danny Carey I would have gouged my eyes out with muddy plastic fork either waiting in line for a beer or listening to over 50 minutes of filler.

ive seen tool over ten times. i will never go to a tool show again.

they dont give a shit...there was no soul...they barley even played...but yet they are cheered on by 15,000 dumbfounded dipshits.

i feel sorry for those who paid a good deal to see them.

and if the 10,000 days tour is only tour you've been to, you tube some shows from Aenima or Lateralus and you'll see the difference.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

if it wasn't for Danny Carey I would have gouged my eyes out with muddy plastic fork either waiting in line for a beer or listening to over 50 minutes of filler.

ive seen tool over ten times. i will never go to a tool show again.

they dont give a shit...there was no soul...they barley even played...but yet they are cheered on by 15,000 dumbfounded dipshits.

i feel sorry for those who paid a good deal to see them.

and if the 10,000 days tour is only tour you've been to, you tube some shows from Aenima or Lateralus and you'll see the difference.
OFFLINE |  
jackhoffinhan
07-19-2007, 10:13 AM

i was just a little pissed at the sound quality, some songs, 1st 4 were
dissapointing....i am sorry but i like to hear vocals, at least load enuff
to enjoy them!!! i am not complaining at all (how can i ) ..sec103 row a...long hair NECTAR shirt on...the band played effortlessly, and played like they were havin
just as much fun as we were!....ADAM ....NOTHIN 4 NOTHIN .....ROCKED...
he is so smooth, sweat was slidin of him.....that kid that came on to do battle
with danny, gave him a good workout.....overall, good show, i just was xpecting
a little somethin-somethin, cause it was the last show of this (u.s.) leg of the tour
anyho.....i could never say anything bad about ...the best fukin band that is still
alive and tourin.....what else can i say......oh ya .....i grabbed one of DANNY`S STKS
Old 07-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #28
Level 3 - Talker

i was just a little pissed at the sound quality, some songs, 1st 4 were
dissapointing....i am sorry but i like to hear vocals, at least load enuff
to enjoy them!!! i am not complaining at all (how can i ) ..sec103 row a...long hair NECTAR shirt on...the band played effortlessly, and played like they were havin
just as much fun as we were!....ADAM ....NOTHIN 4 NOTHIN .....ROCKED...
he is so smooth, sweat was slidin of him.....that kid that came on to do battle
with danny, gave him a good workout.....overall, good show, i just was xpecting
a little somethin-somethin, cause it was the last show of this (u.s.) leg of the tour
anyho.....i could never say anything bad about ...the best fukin band that is still
alive and tourin.....what else can i say......oh ya .....i grabbed one of DANNY`S STKS
OFFLINE |  
Arkham Asylum's Avatar Arkham Asylum
07-19-2007, 10:24 AM

Start = 9:22 pm
1. Jambi
2. Stinkfist (OTRM)
3. Forty-Six & 2
4. Schism (doubletime)
5. Lost Keys
6. Rosetta Stoned
7. Flood
-intermission/break-
8. Wings for Marie (Pt 1)
9. 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
10. Lateralus (with 8 minute drum duel between Danny and Coady from Big Business)
11. Vicarious
End = 11:23 (fuck numerology, that stuff never gives up)

I skipped descriptions of the intros/segues because it's still a blur right now, but I'll add that later.

They definitely trimmed "The Pot" off the setlist because of time issues. Typically, they have to end the show by 11:30 due to venue regulations. It's all good though because it's Tool. Sure, we all want our favorite songs, but I'm grateful for what I got. Hell, they played three of my least favorite tracks but it was still the best fucking show I've ever seen.

Nothing to say except what's already been covered. The songs were spot-on, the teases really fucked with me, the segues were enjoyable as always, stage antics were pretty off-the-wall.

One thing that did stand out was the 8 minute long drum duel between Danny and Coady. Quite simply, it was the best version of "Lateralus" I have ever seen/heard. Coady is a BEAST and watching him tear it up under all the TP was hysterical. The rest of Big Business was on cowbell or tambourines or something. Nice little guitar additions too during the battle. Coady stuck around for the rest of the "Lateralus" so I am convinced that this was the most epic version EVER. People (Big Biz) dicked around behind the projection screens, so that was fun too. "Lateralus" is far from my favorite Tool song, but it was far and away the highlight of the night.

Anyway, entertaining night for sure. Big Business rocked the house (I missed their first song though, damn). I'm pretty sure that was Adam and Justin pouring 10 pounds of popcorns all over Coady during Big Biz's set. It was muggy as balls, it didn't rain a drop, and I got out of there in a snap because I parked 50 feet from the Parkway entrance ramp (not to rub it in.) Great ending to the tour, thanks again Tool.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 07-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #29
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Start = 9:22 pm
1. Jambi
2. Stinkfist (OTRM)
3. Forty-Six & 2
4. Schism (doubletime)
5. Lost Keys
6. Rosetta Stoned
7. Flood
-intermission/break-
8. Wings for Marie (Pt 1)
9. 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
10. Lateralus (with 8 minute drum duel between Danny and Coady from Big Business)
11. Vicarious
End = 11:23 (fuck numerology, that stuff never gives up)

I skipped descriptions of the intros/segues because it's still a blur right now, but I'll add that later.

They definitely trimmed "The Pot" off the setlist because of time issues. Typically, they have to end the show by 11:30 due to venue regulations. It's all good though because it's Tool. Sure, we all want our favorite songs, but I'm grateful for what I got. Hell, they played three of my least favorite tracks but it was still the best fucking show I've ever seen.

Nothing to say except what's already been covered. The songs were spot-on, the teases really fucked with me, the segues were enjoyable as always, stage antics were pretty off-the-wall.

One thing that did stand out was the 8 minute long drum duel between Danny and Coady. Quite simply, it was the best version of "Lateralus" I have ever seen/heard. Coady is a BEAST and watching him tear it up under all the TP was hysterical. The rest of Big Business was on cowbell or tambourines or something. Nice little guitar additions too during the battle. Coady stuck around for the rest of the "Lateralus" so I am convinced that this was the most epic version EVER. People (Big Biz) dicked around behind the projection screens, so that was fun too. "Lateralus" is far from my favorite Tool song, but it was far and away the highlight of the night.

Anyway, entertaining night for sure. Big Business rocked the house (I missed their first song though, damn). I'm pretty sure that was Adam and Justin pouring 10 pounds of popcorns all over Coady during Big Biz's set. It was muggy as balls, it didn't rain a drop, and I got out of there in a snap because I parked 50 feet from the Parkway entrance ramp (not to rub it in.) Great ending to the tour, thanks again Tool.

DTA = don't trust anyone
OFFLINE |  
Mr. Keed
07-19-2007, 11:18 AM

Eighth show since last May and it just doesn't get old. First let me say that PNC has become a complete shithole and I will avoid going there at all costs in the future if I can. After a nice long line to get in it was about 10 mins to 9. So do I wait 15 mins to use the bathroom or 15 mins on a line to get a wristband to get on another long ass line for an 8.00 beer where your id is checked another fucking time no matter if you have gray hair and slap your dentures on the counter. Then they have to check everyone lawn tickets (first time I've ever seen that bit of retardedness there, I guess we cant have all the people with seats sneaking out to stand behind everyone on the lawn where they can't see). Thank you PNC for making one of my favorite places for a summer show the new biggest piece of shit venue in the area.
Ok, enough negativity. In spite of every last effort of that place to ruin my night they failed miserably. The band actually sounded great on the lawn. The vocals were a bit louder than most shows I've seen but the spoken stuff between songs was a bit tough to make out. I may be wrong but I think Maynard was referring to the "crazy bastards" I read about a day or two ago who were 2 people pulled over driving naked somewhere and then led police on a high speed chase at the end of which it was discovered they were drunk as well as naked (could be wrong but still pretty damn funny). Adam and Justin were flawless as usual and Danny just continues to amaze me more every time I see him. After this many shows I can still pick out these little nuances that I've never picked up before. Same setlist, sure, but If you listen close enough there is always more to be heard. And the lat breakdown sounded even more ferocious than saturday's. That kid may be no Danny but he's still pretty fucking good. Oh and all the people who felt the need to discuss whatever the fuck they had to talk about during 10k days and the other low instrumental stuff can just suck a big dick. Isn't there a 20 minute beer line you assholes can wait on instead of pissing on everyone elses good time.
Anyways thanks to the band for yet another amazing tour, no band out there can compare in my opinion. Hope to see more in the fall but if they want to collapse from exhaustion then I'll understand :).
Old 07-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Eighth show since last May and it just doesn't get old. First let me say that PNC has become a complete shithole and I will avoid going there at all costs in the future if I can. After a nice long line to get in it was about 10 mins to 9. So do I wait 15 mins to use the bathroom or 15 mins on a line to get a wristband to get on another long ass line for an 8.00 beer where your id is checked another fucking time no matter if you have gray hair and slap your dentures on the counter. Then they have to check everyone lawn tickets (first time I've ever seen that bit of retardedness there, I guess we cant have all the people with seats sneaking out to stand behind everyone on the lawn where they can't see). Thank you PNC for making one of my favorite places for a summer show the new biggest piece of shit venue in the area.
Ok, enough negativity. In spite of every last effort of that place to ruin my night they failed miserably. The band actually sounded great on the lawn. The vocals were a bit louder than most shows I've seen but the spoken stuff between songs was a bit tough to make out. I may be wrong but I think Maynard was referring to the "crazy bastards" I read about a day or two ago who were 2 people pulled over driving naked somewhere and then led police on a high speed chase at the end of which it was discovered they were drunk as well as naked (could be wrong but still pretty damn funny). Adam and Justin were flawless as usual and Danny just continues to amaze me more every time I see him. After this many shows I can still pick out these little nuances that I've never picked up before. Same setlist, sure, but If you listen close enough there is always more to be heard. And the lat breakdown sounded even more ferocious than saturday's. That kid may be no Danny but he's still pretty fucking good. Oh and all the people who felt the need to discuss whatever the fuck they had to talk about during 10k days and the other low instrumental stuff can just suck a big dick. Isn't there a 20 minute beer line you assholes can wait on instead of pissing on everyone elses good time.
Anyways thanks to the band for yet another amazing tour, no band out there can compare in my opinion. Hope to see more in the fall but if they want to collapse from exhaustion then I'll understand :).
OFFLINE |  
SonOF
07-19-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolNation View Post
This was about my fifth time seeing Tool, and they were more passionate last night at PNC then I have ever seen them. I even commented on that to people I was with; especially in regard to Maynard, who was definitely in the zone.

Amazing show. Some of the jam sessions, although beautiful, could have been trimmed and a few extra songs added. The drum battle with Danny and the dude from BB during Lateralus was absolutely masterful, however. Setlist was okay, and unfortunately exactly as expected. Highlights for me were Lateralus and 10,000 Days. 10,000 Days live is so much better on the record. I had chills and my eyes were getting misty during the climax of that one.

My first time at PNC and I am NOT looking forward to returning. That place is set up so poorly. You can either walk 10 miles to the venue, or take a goddamn shuttle bus . There were barely any bathrooms. I know the weather was bad, which added to the disgusting nature of the venue. I slipped in mud on one of those goddamn hills. Glad I wasn't in GA.

People above complained about security, I guess my parking area and seating section (404) got lucky, but we were laughing about how nonexistent security was. Drank and smoked in parking lot with no cops in sight. No security presence AT ALL inside venue. In fact, I think my ticket stub was checked by a twelve year old girl. We were commenting on how we could probably just give someone in GA a ticket through the fence, and they could have walked into the seating area.

Visuals were the best I have ever seen at a Tool show. My view was encumbered by a pole and a dipshit who refused to sit down, even during the segues and really slow songs. Oh well, maybe he was on some better shit than I was...looked like he was having a good time. :)

Also talked to some really knowledgeable, cool Tool fans in the parking lot. Always a good thing. On a side note, when you are at a TOOL show, it is NOT necessary to blast TOOL in the parking lot - you will see the band in a little while. ;)

Until the next time...

Last edited by SonOF; 07-19-2007 at 11:08 PM..
Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolNation View Post
This was about my fifth time seeing Tool, and they were more passionate last night at PNC then I have ever seen them. I even commented on that to people I was with; especially in regard to Maynard, who was definitely in the zone.

Amazing show. Some of the jam sessions, although beautiful, could have been trimmed and a few extra songs added. The drum battle with Danny and the dude from BB during Lateralus was absolutely masterful, however. Setlist was okay, and unfortunately exactly as expected. Highlights for me were Lateralus and 10,000 Days. 10,000 Days live is so much better on the record. I had chills and my eyes were getting misty during the climax of that one.

My first time at PNC and I am NOT looking forward to returning. That place is set up so poorly. You can either walk 10 miles to the venue, or take a goddamn shuttle bus . There were barely any bathrooms. I know the weather was bad, which added to the disgusting nature of the venue. I slipped in mud on one of those goddamn hills. Glad I wasn't in GA.

People above complained about security, I guess my parking area and seating section (404) got lucky, but we were laughing about how nonexistent security was. Drank and smoked in parking lot with no cops in sight. No security presence AT ALL inside venue. In fact, I think my ticket stub was checked by a twelve year old girl. We were commenting on how we could probably just give someone in GA a ticket through the fence, and they could have walked into the seating area.

Visuals were the best I have ever seen at a Tool show. My view was encumbered by a pole and a dipshit who refused to sit down, even during the segues and really slow songs. Oh well, maybe he was on some better shit than I was...looked like he was having a good time. :)

Also talked to some really knowledgeable, cool Tool fans in the parking lot. Always a good thing. On a side note, when you are at a TOOL show, it is NOT necessary to blast TOOL in the parking lot - you will see the band in a little while. ;)

Until the next time...

Last edited by SonOF; 07-19-2007 at 11:08 PM..
OFFLINE |  
HOTSAUCEMAN's Avatar HOTSAUCEMAN
07-19-2007, 12:40 PM

My sixth show of the 10,000 Days Tour. It's up there but not my favorite. I think it's my fault though. I read the reviews too much and am a bit too nerdy with TOOL so it's not as fresh as if I was new to them. Coachella was amazing that way, we hadn't seen them in 5 or so years and it was like being a kid again at xmas... noone knew what to expect.

I took my girlfriend this time and she's never seen them before and she loved it. Always great to enlist another believer... hehe.

The Cons: I was expecting a bit better sound as I was right next to the soundboard. Don't get me wrong, the sound was good but just not as crisp as I've heard them at other outdoor arenas. Maynard's vocals were just a tad bit muddy at times is all really.
The crowd was pretty lame but I didn't notice too many people taking pictures. There were a couple of girls in front of me that kept taking pictures of themselves blasting a flash in my eyes for a few minutes... pretty annoying...
The venue's 3 beer rule felt too oppressive. I wasn't really in the mood to drink anyway but just seeing that they were restricting people's intake made me feel a bit dirty.

The Pros: FLOOD! The visuals during FLOOD were pretty amazing. The drum off between the Big Business drummer and Danny was exceptional... that kids got a future in front of him for sure.

All in all a great TOOL show ... I've been seeing them since the Ænima days and it's great that they are still providing badass shows for us to see. Nitpick all you want... it's still the best rock show going on in the world in my opinion...
Old 07-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

My sixth show of the 10,000 Days Tour. It's up there but not my favorite. I think it's my fault though. I read the reviews too much and am a bit too nerdy with TOOL so it's not as fresh as if I was new to them. Coachella was amazing that way, we hadn't seen them in 5 or so years and it was like being a kid again at xmas... noone knew what to expect.

I took my girlfriend this time and she's never seen them before and she loved it. Always great to enlist another believer... hehe.

The Cons: I was expecting a bit better sound as I was right next to the soundboard. Don't get me wrong, the sound was good but just not as crisp as I've heard them at other outdoor arenas. Maynard's vocals were just a tad bit muddy at times is all really.
The crowd was pretty lame but I didn't notice too many people taking pictures. There were a couple of girls in front of me that kept taking pictures of themselves blasting a flash in my eyes for a few minutes... pretty annoying...
The venue's 3 beer rule felt too oppressive. I wasn't really in the mood to drink anyway but just seeing that they were restricting people's intake made me feel a bit dirty.

The Pros: FLOOD! The visuals during FLOOD were pretty amazing. The drum off between the Big Business drummer and Danny was exceptional... that kids got a future in front of him for sure.

All in all a great TOOL show ... I've been seeing them since the Ænima days and it's great that they are still providing badass shows for us to see. Nitpick all you want... it's still the best rock show going on in the world in my opinion...
OFFLINE |  
armmar's Avatar armmar
07-19-2007, 12:41 PM

8th show overall, 3rd this tour, first on LSD...Secton 102 Row M...I can't really rank the shows I've been to, because each have had a different feeling to them...This one the band was the most relaxed I've ever seen them and seemed to be really enjoying themselves onstage...A near flawless show...I actually thought it was quite fitting to hear "Nobody Does It Better" upon leaving our seats, because, honestly, no band can compare to Tool's live shows
Old 07-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #33
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

8th show overall, 3rd this tour, first on LSD...Secton 102 Row M...I can't really rank the shows I've been to, because each have had a different feeling to them...This one the band was the most relaxed I've ever seen them and seemed to be really enjoying themselves onstage...A near flawless show...I actually thought it was quite fitting to hear "Nobody Does It Better" upon leaving our seats, because, honestly, no band can compare to Tool's live shows
OFFLINE |  
90hoursleep's Avatar 90hoursleep
07-19-2007, 01:03 PM

This was my 6th tool show, 2nd of this current tour (along with AC), and as usual Tool never ceases to disappoint. The element of surprise for me personally was lacking since I did see them already on this tour, however this in a sense allowed me to soak in the experience much more.

Big Business kicked ass last night. Unfortunatley, they suffered from the "opening band sound" syndrome. The vocals sounded very static-y throughout the set (was sitting in 403, the furthest I ever sat at PNC), but by knowing the music and the awesome musical performance they put on I was able to overcome it. The boos at the end were priceless.

Tool kicked ass as usual, I understand that its basically the same set of songs each time but each song's presentation and the experience that comes with it never gets old. I can see them do Jambi, Rosetta Stoned, or 10K Days each time I see them and never get tired of it. The visuals and lighting for this tour are stunning, honestly maybe better than those of the Lateralus tours (and those tours were fuckin amazing).

Highlights were by far Lateralus and Flood. Last night had to be the best rendition of Lateralus live I have ever witnessed. As everyone said, the drum battle was absolutley sick. Cody can drum with the best of them, as he proved yesterday (even covered in toilet paper). Completeley destroyed Melt Banana's drummer from last month's AC show, and thats an understatement. As for Flood, what can I say. The only song last night that I had yet to see live and it did not disappoint. The full-on intro was mezmerizing and they completely nailed it. It almost seemed like a breath of fresh air hearing a track from Undertow. Awesome.

They were a few negatives about the show, the obvious one being the venue. I understand PNC is cracking down on underage drinking (due to the Gwen Stefani show incident in May at PNC) but damn they dont have to be so anal about it. Also, the crowd seemed very, well, dead in my section (403). Only a few people seemed to be into the music while everyone just stood (or sat) and stared (maybe they were high i dont know). Either way, past Tool shows Ive seen much more excitement (example, City Center last year and MSG in '01) from the crowd. It also seemed like no one knew Flood or some of the new material, but only Vicarious, Schism and Stinkfist. Oh well, didnt nearly hurt my night but that sense of excitement that was lacking always adds another dimension to the show. And finally, I was hoping for a Pushit/Flood back-to-back like in Boston, but hey cant always get what you want.

All in all, it was a great night, and hopefully theyll be back in the Fall. Cant wait till then.

Last edited by 90hoursleep; 07-20-2007 at 04:04 AM..
Old 07-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #34
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

This was my 6th tool show, 2nd of this current tour (along with AC), and as usual Tool never ceases to disappoint. The element of surprise for me personally was lacking since I did see them already on this tour, however this in a sense allowed me to soak in the experience much more.

Big Business kicked ass last night. Unfortunatley, they suffered from the "opening band sound" syndrome. The vocals sounded very static-y throughout the set (was sitting in 403, the furthest I ever sat at PNC), but by knowing the music and the awesome musical performance they put on I was able to overcome it. The boos at the end were priceless.

Tool kicked ass as usual, I understand that its basically the same set of songs each time but each song's presentation and the experience that comes with it never gets old. I can see them do Jambi, Rosetta Stoned, or 10K Days each time I see them and never get tired of it. The visuals and lighting for this tour are stunning, honestly maybe better than those of the Lateralus tours (and those tours were fuckin amazing).

Highlights were by far Lateralus and Flood. Last night had to be the best rendition of Lateralus live I have ever witnessed. As everyone said, the drum battle was absolutley sick. Cody can drum with the best of them, as he proved yesterday (even covered in toilet paper). Completeley destroyed Melt Banana's drummer from last month's AC show, and thats an understatement. As for Flood, what can I say. The only song last night that I had yet to see live and it did not disappoint. The full-on intro was mezmerizing and they completely nailed it. It almost seemed like a breath of fresh air hearing a track from Undertow. Awesome.

They were a few negatives about the show, the obvious one being the venue. I understand PNC is cracking down on underage drinking (due to the Gwen Stefani show incident in May at PNC) but damn they dont have to be so anal about it. Also, the crowd seemed very, well, dead in my section (403). Only a few people seemed to be into the music while everyone just stood (or sat) and stared (maybe they were high i dont know). Either way, past Tool shows Ive seen much more excitement (example, City Center last year and MSG in '01) from the crowd. It also seemed like no one knew Flood or some of the new material, but only Vicarious, Schism and Stinkfist. Oh well, didnt nearly hurt my night but that sense of excitement that was lacking always adds another dimension to the show. And finally, I was hoping for a Pushit/Flood back-to-back like in Boston, but hey cant always get what you want.

All in all, it was a great night, and hopefully theyll be back in the Fall. Cant wait till then.

Last edited by 90hoursleep; 07-20-2007 at 04:04 AM..
OFFLINE |  
GradyWhite
07-19-2007, 01:22 PM

4th tool show, seen em 3 times this tour once on lateralus

Show was ok nothing that great. Vocals once again were to low and they have been this way every show ive been to on this tour. I think maynards voice is done so they lower his vocals and crank everything else up to drown out his voice. Setlist was the same as always but we got flood (wooohooo) which shows again that they are not very versatile. IMO they should totally stop playing rosetta and wings there just boring songs and take up way to much time. They could of played and extra 4 or 5 songs if they skipped them. Rosetta was almost laughable it sounded more like an instrumental, maynard could not be heard whatsoever until almost the end of it.
overall the show was disappointing but it did have a few highlights (lateralus drum solo).

In the future they should start working less on there stupid light shows and more on there other songs and music. I have my fingers crossed that they pull it together when and if they come back around.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #35
Level 3 - Talker

Show was ok nothing that great. Vocals once again were to low and they have been this way every show ive been to on this tour. I think maynards voice is done so they lower his vocals and crank everything else up to drown out his voice. Setlist was the same as always but we got flood (wooohooo) which shows again that they are not very versatile. IMO they should totally stop playing rosetta and wings there just boring songs and take up way to much time. They could of played and extra 4 or 5 songs if they skipped them. Rosetta was almost laughable it sounded more like an instrumental, maynard could not be heard whatsoever until almost the end of it.
overall the show was disappointing but it did have a few highlights (lateralus drum solo).

In the future they should start working less on there stupid light shows and more on there other songs and music. I have my fingers crossed that they pull it together when and if they come back around.
OFFLINE |  
fredski
07-19-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcHStrother View Post

100% agree with last statement. Loved the major production, but how about an in between album tour with Pushit and all the other tunes not covered on the 2006 - 2007 tour. Maybe release live album and support that like some other bands do. Next tour try heading out of the NYC area for a show. Reading, PA ; Wilkes Barre, PA; Albany, NY was easier with security. My Daughter was doing shots and video clips on the cell phone without question. I don't think that would have been allowed at the Continental Arena, although we didn't have the camera phone with us that night.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcHStrother View Post

100% agree with last statement. Loved the major production, but how about an in between album tour with Pushit and all the other tunes not covered on the 2006 - 2007 tour. Maybe release live album and support that like some other bands do. Next tour try heading out of the NYC area for a show. Reading, PA ; Wilkes Barre, PA; Albany, NY was easier with security. My Daughter was doing shots and video clips on the cell phone without question. I don't think that would have been allowed at the Continental Arena, although we didn't have the camera phone with us that night.
OFFLINE |  
dice5199
07-19-2007, 03:47 PM

This was my 3rd Tool concert with the previous shows being AC in June and Continental in October.

I agree with others that the venue left alot to be desired. I missed Big Business because I was stuck in the clusterfuck of traffic getting off the Parkway.

This show was on par with the others I've been to. I can't say which one was the best. The playing was solid and there were no noticeable gaffes.

Unfortunately, for someone who has been keeping abreast of the recent show setlists, there were no surprises. I listened to Justin on 92.3 FM before the show and he kinda got my hopes up with comments along the lines of "there will be a few surprises" and "we are going to try to make this show a memorable one."

I was seated in section 402. Many people in my section were pretty mellow. The sound was decent, but not very clear. I thought Vicarious sounded the best.

Flood was a highlight, mostly because that was the only song that I
didn't hear at the previous shows I went to. Some of the noodling in the prior segue led me to think that we were getting No Quarter.

Lateralus was memorable because of the drummers duel but more so because a few 'end of the tour' jokes came out here. Was Blair one of the silohette dancers? The hair and the body-type of one of the dancers led me to think this. The Big Business drummer had an out of control style, which was in contrast to Danny's technical, precise, good-postured mechanics.

Maynard was Maynard. He said a few things between songs, but I couldn't hear him that well. Does anyone know exactly what he said?

Being the last show of this leg, it must have been a bittersweet moment for band members and personnel alike. I was a little sad because you never know if they will play in this area again.

Thank you Tool for making this a summer to remember. Forgive my crankiness, as I had to wake up early for work this morning. I agree with suggestions by others that more setlist variation and a 'less is more' visual display should be given a try.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #37

Bincount™: 13

This was my 3rd Tool concert with the previous shows being AC in June and Continental in October.

I agree with others that the venue left alot to be desired. I missed Big Business because I was stuck in the clusterfuck of traffic getting off the Parkway.

This show was on par with the others I've been to. I can't say which one was the best. The playing was solid and there were no noticeable gaffes.

Unfortunately, for someone who has been keeping abreast of the recent show setlists, there were no surprises. I listened to Justin on 92.3 FM before the show and he kinda got my hopes up with comments along the lines of "there will be a few surprises" and "we are going to try to make this show a memorable one."

I was seated in section 402. Many people in my section were pretty mellow. The sound was decent, but not very clear. I thought Vicarious sounded the best.

Flood was a highlight, mostly because that was the only song that I
didn't hear at the previous shows I went to. Some of the noodling in the prior segue led me to think that we were getting No Quarter.

Lateralus was memorable because of the drummers duel but more so because a few 'end of the tour' jokes came out here. Was Blair one of the silohette dancers? The hair and the body-type of one of the dancers led me to think this. The Big Business drummer had an out of control style, which was in contrast to Danny's technical, precise, good-postured mechanics.

Maynard was Maynard. He said a few things between songs, but I couldn't hear him that well. Does anyone know exactly what he said?

Being the last show of this leg, it must have been a bittersweet moment for band members and personnel alike. I was a little sad because you never know if they will play in this area again.

Thank you Tool for making this a summer to remember. Forgive my crankiness, as I had to wake up early for work this morning. I agree with suggestions by others that more setlist variation and a 'less is more' visual display should be given a try.
07-19-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strats View Post
I have to agree about NJ crowds!! Not the first time I can say that either. Anyone go to the Asbury Park show during the Aenima tour...? A good handful of idiots looking for fights, smashing into girls- really bad experience.
Last nights show I'm sure was no different. I was slightly insulated from the knuckleheads this time- but did make their acquaintence in the bathrooms watching them clean the mud off- Jagoffs!!
I was in sec 304- where the hell did all the people go just past mid-show? I'm talking complete rows of empty seats. All I could think of when they politely sat for Flood, and left the show prematurely was that I know at least a half dozen people who would have loved to be in their seats- oh well, they missed out!!
There were some very disrespectful audiences members. I hope for all those seeing the show for the 1st time that they still enjoyed themselves- I know I did, always do!!

12th show overall, 5th of tour- Bonnaroo easilly best show on Wings tour
Old 07-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #38
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by strats View Post
I have to agree about NJ crowds!! Not the first time I can say that either. Anyone go to the Asbury Park show during the Aenima tour...? A good handful of idiots looking for fights, smashing into girls- really bad experience.
Last nights show I'm sure was no different. I was slightly insulated from the knuckleheads this time- but did make their acquaintence in the bathrooms watching them clean the mud off- Jagoffs!!
I was in sec 304- where the hell did all the people go just past mid-show? I'm talking complete rows of empty seats. All I could think of when they politely sat for Flood, and left the show prematurely was that I know at least a half dozen people who would have loved to be in their seats- oh well, they missed out!!
There were some very disrespectful audiences members. I hope for all those seeing the show for the 1st time that they still enjoyed themselves- I know I did, always do!!

12th show overall, 5th of tour- Bonnaroo easilly best show on Wings tour
OFFLINE |  
jackhoffinhan
07-19-2007, 05:55 PM

i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyWhite View Post
i, agree with you about the setlist, but i think they are giong to finish (10,000) tour and then come back in the new year...greatest hits.,tour 2008

Old 07-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyWhite View Post
i, agree with you about the setlist, but i think they are giong to finish (10,000) tour and then come back in the new year...greatest hits.,tour 2008

OFFLINE |  
SirGrotius
07-19-2007, 06:19 PM

3rd Tool show -- again, loved the outdoor venue experience. I was in Section 401, row P, and had an amazing view of Maynard. I had a lot of trepidation about my seats being too far away prior, but the visuals and sound were spot on. I'm shocked how good they sounded, particularly, Maynard and the Justin. The bass was booming.

The traffic getting to this place is insane. It took me about an hour to just park after arriving less than a mile away from the arena. I don't understand how they could set up something so foolishly.

The lack of bathrooms should also be pointed out as completely unacceptable. The beer-drinking crowd was ghastly, but I give them props for at least getting slammed to good music.

I brought my wife for her first Tool concert. She's not a hard rock fan, but has a liking for Maynard (how could you not?), and was blown away. We walked in during Jambi, which, by the way, is a great opener, and she was just awestruck at the visuals, the sound, and basically how Maynard dances. He was very active gyrating and leaning to and fro. The Wings portion of the show when the lasers came on was stunning, and Lateralus, I agree, was a highlight. I don't think I'll be able to see them in a smaller venue now that I've been so spoiled by their visual effects. The visual art adds another level to the aural.

As always, I'm left with some trepidation that this will be their last tour or at least they won't come out with another album for four or five years by which time I wonder if they'll still have the same energy or will Maynard still dress as cool. :)
Old 07-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #40
Level 2 - Poster

3rd Tool show -- again, loved the outdoor venue experience. I was in Section 401, row P, and had an amazing view of Maynard. I had a lot of trepidation about my seats being too far away prior, but the visuals and sound were spot on. I'm shocked how good they sounded, particularly, Maynard and the Justin. The bass was booming.

The traffic getting to this place is insane. It took me about an hour to just park after arriving less than a mile away from the arena. I don't understand how they could set up something so foolishly.

The lack of bathrooms should also be pointed out as completely unacceptable. The beer-drinking crowd was ghastly, but I give them props for at least getting slammed to good music.

I brought my wife for her first Tool concert. She's not a hard rock fan, but has a liking for Maynard (how could you not?), and was blown away. We walked in during Jambi, which, by the way, is a great opener, and she was just awestruck at the visuals, the sound, and basically how Maynard dances. He was very active gyrating and leaning to and fro. The Wings portion of the show when the lasers came on was stunning, and Lateralus, I agree, was a highlight. I don't think I'll be able to see them in a smaller venue now that I've been so spoiled by their visual effects. The visual art adds another level to the aural.

As always, I'm left with some trepidation that this will be their last tour or at least they won't come out with another album for four or five years by which time I wonder if they'll still have the same energy or will Maynard still dress as cool. :)
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply