Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-08-2007, 01:00 AM

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Dec 04 Everett, WA Everett Events Center

junior
12-04-2007, 05:32 PM

FYI : The band "Tu" (Pat and Trey from King Crimson) have been added to the show and will be onstage at 7:45pm.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 04 Everett, WA Everett Events Center

FYI : The band "Tu" (Pat and Trey from King Crimson) have been added to the show and will be onstage at 7:45pm.
OFFLINE |  
lagimatt's Avatar lagimatt
12-05-2007, 12:21 AM

SETLIST:
Jambi *ions*
Extended Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism OTRM
Rosetta Stoned *with a funky jungle jam in the middle*
Flood w/full intro
*intermission with ambient sounds and light show*
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus w/drummer and guitar from Trans Am
Vicarious

Lateralus must have been 20 minutes long. wow. Maynard was pretty chatty and did all of the screams that he sometimes skips. very well behaved crowd. Terrible traffic as I5 was basically shut down. I'm glad I live in Everett.

I think Maynard dedicated flood to the Make a wish foundation "cuz they do good stuff"

Maynard opened up with warning us that he's been sick for a while, "but we will get through this together"

He also asked us to "put our hands out kinda like this, bring them out to our sides, reach down and grab ahold of our buttocks because it's gonna be a long ride" then after Lateralus he said "It's now safe to let go of your buttocks"

at the end he thanked us and said "hope to see you all again real soon" ... we do too maynard, we do too....

good sound, maynard was audible. not really loud, but audible.

*NOTE* I clearly remember maynard mentioning sebastian's name during lateralus

Last edited by lagimatt; 12-05-2007 at 01:17 AM..
Old 12-05-2007, 12:21 AM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 17

SETLIST:
Jambi *ions*
Extended Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism OTRM
Rosetta Stoned *with a funky jungle jam in the middle*
Flood w/full intro
*intermission with ambient sounds and light show*
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus w/drummer and guitar from Trans Am
Vicarious

Lateralus must have been 20 minutes long. wow. Maynard was pretty chatty and did all of the screams that he sometimes skips. very well behaved crowd. Terrible traffic as I5 was basically shut down. I'm glad I live in Everett.

I think Maynard dedicated flood to the Make a wish foundation "cuz they do good stuff"

Maynard opened up with warning us that he's been sick for a while, "but we will get through this together"

He also asked us to "put our hands out kinda like this, bring them out to our sides, reach down and grab ahold of our buttocks because it's gonna be a long ride" then after Lateralus he said "It's now safe to let go of your buttocks"

at the end he thanked us and said "hope to see you all again real soon" ... we do too maynard, we do too....

good sound, maynard was audible. not really loud, but audible.

*NOTE* I clearly remember maynard mentioning sebastian's name during lateralus

Last edited by lagimatt; 12-05-2007 at 01:17 AM..
OFFLINE |  
DeadAlive55's Avatar DeadAlive55
12-05-2007, 01:02 AM

Hello all, this was my first and I can guarantee not my last Tool concert, it was great!!!

I was a little worried after hearing they had canceled last nights show, but it all worked out in the end.

Tu was great, it was cool when they came out and jammed with Tool on Lateralus, which, as lagimatt said must have been about 20 minutes long, and it was great.

All in all it was a great experience that I'll never forget, hearing Flood, live and in person, was the highlight of the night for me (Undertow was my first exposure to Tool back in 1993) would have loved to hear some more of their older stuff, but I can't complain.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:02 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Hello all, this was my first and I can guarantee not my last Tool concert, it was great!!!

I was a little worried after hearing they had canceled last nights show, but it all worked out in the end.

Tu was great, it was cool when they came out and jammed with Tool on Lateralus, which, as lagimatt said must have been about 20 minutes long, and it was great.

All in all it was a great experience that I'll never forget, hearing Flood, live and in person, was the highlight of the night for me (Undertow was my first exposure to Tool back in 1993) would have loved to hear some more of their older stuff, but I can't complain.
OFFLINE |  
marnek
12-05-2007, 01:10 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46&2
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD
Wings
10,000 Days
Lateralus (extended, jamming out with Trey and Pat)
Vicarious

Amazing show and great crowd. My favorites were Flood, which they nailed, and Lateralus, which absolutely rocked when the Tu guys came in to jam for like 10 minutes, and even moreso after they left and Tool continued on with the ending.

I was also very impressed that the crowd actually stood quietly during Wings, which hasn't happened at other shows I've seen. It showed a lot of respect.

Maynard was relatively talkative. I couldn't understand everything he said but he seemed to be in a good mood. For example, as the two drummers were battling he was pulling out score cards and waving them around rating their performance.

Oh yeah I-5 traffic was ridiculous on the way back - they merged all 4 or 5 lanes into 1 lane for construction, when 9000 people were trying to get home.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46&2
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD
Wings
10,000 Days
Vicarious

Amazing show and great crowd. My favorites were Flood, which they nailed, and Lateralus, which absolutely rocked when the Tu guys came in to jam for like 10 minutes, and even moreso after they left and Tool continued on with the ending.

I was also very impressed that the crowd actually stood quietly during Wings, which hasn't happened at other shows I've seen. It showed a lot of respect.

Maynard was relatively talkative. I couldn't understand everything he said but he seemed to be in a good mood. For example, as the two drummers were battling he was pulling out score cards and waving them around rating their performance.

Oh yeah I-5 traffic was ridiculous on the way back - they merged all 4 or 5 lanes into 1 lane for construction, when 9000 people were trying to get home.
OFFLINE |  
omnitronic's Avatar omnitronic
12-05-2007, 07:51 AM

I have seen Tool many, many times. The first was in '92-93 opening for Henry Rollins. I saw them several times on the Aenima tour in the US and Canada (blue Maynard, Rev. Maynard), and I saw them many times on the Lateralus tour in the US and New Zealand (where they had the duo from the Schism video accompany them on stage during the song, walk around on their hands and swing from ropes). The highlight of that tour was seeing them two nights with King Crimson in a small theater in Seattle and having front row seats (I had 2nd row but the guys in front of me were tripping balls and had to leave before the show started; thanks guys). All and all, I have always loved Tool live and have always been receptive to the evolving stage shows (although I still think the Aenima tour was the most powerful and amazing).

That said, I was one of the lucky few who managed to get a ticket to the small theater Tool played the night 10,000 Days was released. I had not seen them play in close to 5 years and was stoked. But at the end of the night I left disappointed. The visuals were too digital and clean, the setlist was a play by numbers set of hits, and Maynard seemed less intense and his vocals soft. Additionally I was not wild about the new material. That was the last time I have seen them...until last night.

I have to say that the show was much more impressive than the one a year and a half ago. Because they are an arena band now, they have really put together an excellent stage show for that scale. The set list was much improved (the full version of Flood! 46&2 and the best rendition of Lateralus I have ever heard) and I have warmed to some to some of the new material. Jambi and Rosetta Stoned are fantastic live songs. My disappointment rests with Wings and !0,000 Days. I don't find them to be very engaging live songs at all. And after hearing Lateralus, Vicarious seemed like a weak closer. The Lateralus tour had the recipe for a show closer down: Disposition-Reflection-Triad-Lateralus. That was a fucking crazy ride. The Wings-10,000 Days-Lateralus-Vicarious block just does not have the same cohesion or dramatic build. Oh well. I was still happy with the show and glad to see that Tool is moving comfortably into this new stage of their career. This is not the same band I saw in the 90's and in some ways I feel pangs of disappointment, but in others I think they have evolved with style. I will defiantly try to see them again if they come back through the Pacific NW.

By the way, Maynard dedicated Flood to Paul D'Amour and mentioned something about him living in West Seattle (which is true).

My favorite overheard quote of the night in a line for beer: "Dude, in a few minutes we are going to have the most amazing experiences of our lives, and then afterwards we are going to get tons of pussy."

And one more thing. Fuck you I-5. Fuck you in the ass.

Last edited by omnitronic; 12-05-2007 at 08:03 AM..
Old 12-05-2007, 07:51 AM   #6
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 362
Re: Dec 04Everett, WA Everett Events Center

I have seen Tool many, many times. The first was in '92-93 opening for Henry Rollins. I saw them several times on the Aenima tour in the US and Canada (blue Maynard, Rev. Maynard), and I saw them many times on the Lateralus tour in the US and New Zealand (where they had the duo from the Schism video accompany them on stage during the song, walk around on their hands and swing from ropes). The highlight of that tour was seeing them two nights with King Crimson in a small theater in Seattle and having front row seats (I had 2nd row but the guys in front of me were tripping balls and had to leave before the show started; thanks guys). All and all, I have always loved Tool live and have always been receptive to the evolving stage shows (although I still think the Aenima tour was the most powerful and amazing).

That said, I was one of the lucky few who managed to get a ticket to the small theater Tool played the night 10,000 Days was released. I had not seen them play in close to 5 years and was stoked. But at the end of the night I left disappointed. The visuals were too digital and clean, the setlist was a play by numbers set of hits, and Maynard seemed less intense and his vocals soft. Additionally I was not wild about the new material. That was the last time I have seen them...until last night.

I have to say that the show was much more impressive than the one a year and a half ago. Because they are an arena band now, they have really put together an excellent stage show for that scale. The set list was much improved (the full version of Flood! 46&2 and the best rendition of Lateralus I have ever heard) and I have warmed to some to some of the new material. Jambi and Rosetta Stoned are fantastic live songs. My disappointment rests with Wings and !0,000 Days. I don't find them to be very engaging live songs at all. And after hearing Lateralus, Vicarious seemed like a weak closer. The Lateralus tour had the recipe for a show closer down: Disposition-Reflection-Triad-Lateralus. That was a fucking crazy ride. The Wings-10,000 Days-Lateralus-Vicarious block just does not have the same cohesion or dramatic build. Oh well. I was still happy with the show and glad to see that Tool is moving comfortably into this new stage of their career. This is not the same band I saw in the 90's and in some ways I feel pangs of disappointment, but in others I think they have evolved with style. I will defiantly try to see them again if they come back through the Pacific NW.

By the way, Maynard dedicated Flood to Paul D'Amour and mentioned something about him living in West Seattle (which is true).

My favorite overheard quote of the night in a line for beer: "Dude, in a few minutes we are going to have the most amazing experiences of our lives, and then afterwards we are going to get tons of pussy."

Last edited by omnitronic; 12-05-2007 at 08:03 AM..
OFFLINE |  
crashtested's Avatar crashtested
12-05-2007, 08:05 AM

I-5 was great, heading North Ha!

Events Center Security must be either a direct result of 'Equal Opportunity' hiring practices, that or some institution had a fire sale on day passes.

The Security seemed very lax compared to the Gestapo we have here in Vancouver. They were all helpful but somehow it seemed that concert goers were able to talk their way onto the floor time after time with what looked like a variety of sob stories (sat 2nd row so I can only speculate).I was totally amazed there wasn’t a ‘buffer’ zone between the stands and the floor. First time I have seen that, and somehow everyone respected it which was impressive.

Carey, Chancellor, Jones & of course Keenan put together as always yet another amazing performance!

Forty Six & Two… need I say more!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Events Center Security must be either a direct result of 'Equal Opportunity' hiring practices, that or some institution had a fire sale on day passes.

The Security seemed very lax compared to the Gestapo we have here in Vancouver. They were all helpful but somehow it seemed that concert goers were able to talk their way onto the floor time after time with what looked like a variety of sob stories (sat 2nd row so I can only speculate).I was totally amazed there wasn’t a ‘buffer’ zone between the stands and the floor. First time I have seen that, and somehow everyone respected it which was impressive.

Carey, Chancellor, Jones & of course Keenan put together as always yet another amazing performance!

Forty Six & Two… need I say more!
OFFLINE |  
crashtested's Avatar crashtested
12-05-2007, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
Why was my pre-show post deleted from yesterday afternoon?

I was going, just not there yet :p

Last edited by crashtested; 12-05-2007 at 08:14 AM..
Old 12-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

Last edited by crashtested; 12-05-2007 at 08:14 AM..
OFFLINE |  
12-05-2007, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtested View Post

It's Everett.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #9
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:

It's Everett.
12-05-2007, 08:36 AM

...alrighty then.. .picture this if you will.....
my 14th tool show, and I would like to start with MUCH PRAISE to the Everett Event Center. I parked a block away, at 8:40 no less, walked up, had a guy tell us there was a huge line in the other door, pointed us the other side and walked right in, NO LINE! got a beer, NO LINE!!! got a kick ass custom poster, NO LINE!!! I lived in EVT for years and I have to say they truly made me proud last night.
Ok, now the good shit..
Jambi, kick ass tempo, fuck I love that song!!!!!
Stinkfist, kick ass break always makes me love that song again and again.
46&2, what is there to say really, I read online here that when you hear this song life, you love it again. I feel the same way as this and Stinkfist.
Schism, eh. not one of my favs but the break is kick ass..
Rosetta Stoned, you fuckin' kiddin' me? how amazing is that song live, too much for words, you will have to find out yourself if you don't know.
No where did I see that they play the whole intro to Flood, was not ready for that, great and great song, better and better live!!!
Intermission, took a piss and before the show they were sold out of the kick ass posters but the dude got more in and got one of those, sat down and here comes Wings/10,000 days and now the boner begins. those 2 songs have a certian meaning that if you have been in that sort of position before, you will know how intense those songs are, very fortunate to have been able to see them live.
Lateralus, cool drum off kinda thing, great lighting.
Vicarious, new meaning to this song for me now, I do see it in almost a differet light, from a different angle, and I do see it almost for the first time again.
MJK was very vocal, being sick, Paul D'Amour jab, all sorts of shit made last night for me one of the better.
I kept hearing people bitching about not standing up and shit, I'm 34, have seen them since '93, if no standing during Undertow or Aenima, we had a problem but now, I see it differently and can handle to sit and totally enjoy everything this powerhouse brings to the table and get lost in a chair.
Outstanding crowd overall, pleaseure to enjoy this with all of you last night I truly mean that. Everett showed up big time!!!!
Thank you for listining, hope you had an amazing experience as I did last night.
J..W..
Old 12-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

...alrighty then.. .picture this if you will.....
my 14th tool show, and I would like to start with MUCH PRAISE to the Everett Event Center. I parked a block away, at 8:40 no less, walked up, had a guy tell us there was a huge line in the other door, pointed us the other side and walked right in, NO LINE! got a beer, NO LINE!!! got a kick ass custom poster, NO LINE!!! I lived in EVT for years and I have to say they truly made me proud last night.
Ok, now the good shit..
Jambi, kick ass tempo, fuck I love that song!!!!!
Stinkfist, kick ass break always makes me love that song again and again.
46&2, what is there to say really, I read online here that when you hear this song life, you love it again. I feel the same way as this and Stinkfist.
Schism, eh. not one of my favs but the break is kick ass..
Rosetta Stoned, you fuckin' kiddin' me? how amazing is that song live, too much for words, you will have to find out yourself if you don't know.
No where did I see that they play the whole intro to Flood, was not ready for that, great and great song, better and better live!!!
Intermission, took a piss and before the show they were sold out of the kick ass posters but the dude got more in and got one of those, sat down and here comes Wings/10,000 days and now the boner begins. those 2 songs have a certian meaning that if you have been in that sort of position before, you will know how intense those songs are, very fortunate to have been able to see them live.
Lateralus, cool drum off kinda thing, great lighting.
Vicarious, new meaning to this song for me now, I do see it in almost a differet light, from a different angle, and I do see it almost for the first time again.
MJK was very vocal, being sick, Paul D'Amour jab, all sorts of shit made last night for me one of the better.
I kept hearing people bitching about not standing up and shit, I'm 34, have seen them since '93, if no standing during Undertow or Aenima, we had a problem but now, I see it differently and can handle to sit and totally enjoy everything this powerhouse brings to the table and get lost in a chair.
Outstanding crowd overall, pleaseure to enjoy this with all of you last night I truly mean that. Everett showed up big time!!!!
Thank you for listining, hope you had an amazing experience as I did last night.
J..W..
12-05-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:

It wasn't a review.

Neither is this post.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #11
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077

Quote:

It wasn't a review.

Neither is this post.
jeremywize's Avatar jeremywize
12-05-2007, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnek View Post
Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46&2
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD
Wings
10,000 Days
Vicarious

Uh, yeah, that traffic sucked fat hairy balls, not fun what so ever!

Last edited by marcus; 12-05-2007 at 10:14 AM..
Old 12-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnek View Post
Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46&2
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD
Wings
10,000 Days
Vicarious

Uh, yeah, that traffic sucked fat hairy balls, not fun what so ever!

Last edited by marcus; 12-05-2007 at 10:14 AM..
OFFLINE |  
12-05-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
It wasn't a review.

Neither is this post.
pwnd
Old 12-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #13
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:
It wasn't a review.

Neither is this post.
pwnd
12-05-2007, 10:48 AM

Last night was my third Tool concert and my first in over 5 years, the last time seeing them having been Oct. 2, 2002 @ Key Arena. I was quite impressed with Tool, and once again had an amazing experience seeing my favorite band perform live.

The setlist is the same as it has been the rest of the tour:

Jambi
(-)ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty Six & 2
Schism (w/intro & double-time section)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood w/full intro (and mini-jam session before reg. intro)
-Intermission-
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings Pt II)
Lateralus (extended with drum solo/battle)
Vicarious

My seats were in the second level, left side of the stage, so the sound was not the best. I could tell that the mixing was fine, but as there was only one stack of speakers pointing towards us, the sound in my section was kind of week. Luckily, I'm now a toolarmy member so next time I can just procure GA tickets with the presale option...but never again do I want to have mediocre seats at a Tool concert. Oh, and the cost of t-shirts was ridiculous $38? C'mon...but I bought one anyway :)

Other than that, no complaints. I was amazed to see that Tool could play 10 songs and yet still have a concert that lasts 2 hours. The visuals were great, saw some old visuals that were present during the Lateralus tours which I appreciated seeing again. I also enjoyed the addition of the lasers and some of the unique lighting (the skull w/fetus lights during Forty Six & 2, for example).

Maynard did a great job, especially for just getting over a viral infection in his throat.

I heard him dedicate "Flood" to somebody...according to other posts, it was to Paul D'Amour (born in Spokane, apparently lives in Seattle now). Quite an appropriate song to have considering the floods we have had this week. And also an amazing song to hear live...

What else can I say? It's tough to describe a Tool concert in words...rather than reading a description, one must experience a concert to truly know what Tool is like live.

I hope Tool returns to the Seattle area soon. See you on the other side...
Old 12-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #14
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Last night was my third Tool concert and my first in over 5 years, the last time seeing them having been Oct. 2, 2002 @ Key Arena. I was quite impressed with Tool, and once again had an amazing experience seeing my favorite band perform live.

The setlist is the same as it has been the rest of the tour:

Jambi
(-)ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty Six & 2
Schism (w/intro & double-time section)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood w/full intro (and mini-jam session before reg. intro)
-Intermission-
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings Pt II)
Lateralus (extended with drum solo/battle)
Vicarious

My seats were in the second level, left side of the stage, so the sound was not the best. I could tell that the mixing was fine, but as there was only one stack of speakers pointing towards us, the sound in my section was kind of week. Luckily, I'm now a toolarmy member so next time I can just procure GA tickets with the presale option...but never again do I want to have mediocre seats at a Tool concert. Oh, and the cost of t-shirts was ridiculous $38? C'mon...but I bought one anyway :)

Other than that, no complaints. I was amazed to see that Tool could play 10 songs and yet still have a concert that lasts 2 hours. The visuals were great, saw some old visuals that were present during the Lateralus tours which I appreciated seeing again. I also enjoyed the addition of the lasers and some of the unique lighting (the skull w/fetus lights during Forty Six & 2, for example).

Maynard did a great job, especially for just getting over a viral infection in his throat.

I heard him dedicate "Flood" to somebody...according to other posts, it was to Paul D'Amour (born in Spokane, apparently lives in Seattle now). Quite an appropriate song to have considering the floods we have had this week. And also an amazing song to hear live...

What else can I say? It's tough to describe a Tool concert in words...rather than reading a description, one must experience a concert to truly know what Tool is like live.

I hope Tool returns to the Seattle area soon. See you on the other side...
OFFLINE |  
12-05-2007, 12:24 PM

OH, did anyone hear about a guy falling from section 210 to 110? looked like that hurt a bit
and the posters are awesome!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

OH, did anyone hear about a guy falling from section 210 to 110? looked like that hurt a bit
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM

This was my 11th time seeing Tool but it was first time seeing them sober and it was amazing. They have a way of making you feel high. The visuals for Flood are mind blowing. I am glad they played the entire intro to Flood also. I have seen Flood before but they did not play the intro when I saw it back in the day. Rosetta Stoned is such a great live song. The lasers at the end of Vicarious was great also. It was like a ceiling of different colored lasers. I am happy that I saw Wings 1 & 2. I can appreciate those songs more now. All in all it was a great show and I couldn't even tell that Maynard was sick, he even sang the last part of Vicarious which I am glad he did because I read in past reviews that he hasn't sang that part. I wish I could go see Tool in Portland tonight and then Spokane on Friday. Thank you Tool for yet another amazing night. I hope you return soon.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15

This was my 11th time seeing Tool but it was first time seeing them sober and it was amazing. They have a way of making you feel high. The visuals for Flood are mind blowing. I am glad they played the entire intro to Flood also. I have seen Flood before but they did not play the intro when I saw it back in the day. Rosetta Stoned is such a great live song. The lasers at the end of Vicarious was great also. It was like a ceiling of different colored lasers. I am happy that I saw Wings 1 & 2. I can appreciate those songs more now. All in all it was a great show and I couldn't even tell that Maynard was sick, he even sang the last part of Vicarious which I am glad he did because I read in past reviews that he hasn't sang that part. I wish I could go see Tool in Portland tonight and then Spokane on Friday. Thank you Tool for yet another amazing night. I hope you return soon.
12-05-2007, 03:55 PM

19th show for me and it was great. had really good seats in 117. seats are the best way to see them live in my opinion, full effect and elavated is great.

fuckin rad to watch tre from king crimson open and play with them on lateralus.

maynard seemed great and more into it than billings at least. he even sangg the ending to vicarious instead of the crowd.

whole show was sick like always many many good points, wish they would turn up maynard just a tad though.

got to meet justin and danny after the show, awesome guys and treat there fans great,

see ya in spokane!!!

edit: they dedicated flood to paul da mour*
Old 12-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

19th show for me and it was great. had really good seats in 117. seats are the best way to see them live in my opinion, full effect and elavated is great.

fuckin rad to watch tre from king crimson open and play with them on lateralus.

maynard seemed great and more into it than billings at least. he even sangg the ending to vicarious instead of the crowd.

whole show was sick like always many many good points, wish they would turn up maynard just a tad though.

got to meet justin and danny after the show, awesome guys and treat there fans great,

see ya in spokane!!!

edit: they dedicated flood to paul da mour*
OFFLINE |  
pryingopenmybrowneye's Avatar pryingopenmybrowneye
12-05-2007, 04:37 PM

This was my 3rd tool show, all shows were from the 10,000 days tour. I saw them at the paramount where the sound kicked ass I don't care what anyone says, my ovaries were ROCKED. Then again I was ROCKED at the Gorge, anyone that goes to a show at the gorge and has a bad time is a miserable twat cuz the atmosphere is just perfect. I was sort of anxious for the arena show, I haven't seen many good ones and wasn't sure what to expect... I was not disappointed.

There's something different about a crowd of TOOLies that I can't quite put my finger on, but it's definitely a cool atmosphere... chill and yet still crazy as all hell. I just sat back and watched the sea of TOOLS stroll in... all different types of people from your emo goth rockers to the "wish i was a gangster" white boy thugs, to the earthy poncho wearing inscence burner smelling new agers. It was pretty awesome to watch the musical bridges being built ... I guess I don't get out to enough shows =p

I was blown away by the amount of lighting they had and just the way they had everything set up. So many very cool effects, lasers, screens, fog machines, people in labcoats and brainwashing technology (lol)... I guess that's what years of touring does for your stage show huh... up to 5 or was it 6 trucks of shit ? lol

I peed a little into my pants more than once last night ... when I heard the flood intro I think I scared a bunch of people in my section, sorry =x I can't hep it. I peed again when they played wings, and then again when they rocked lateralus (and anyone reading this that's going to the portland show tonight, I'd suggest arriving early I dunno who they were but before Trans Am came out there was some jammin that was pretty rockin...)

all in all I was thoroughly entertained, my buttocks are sore, and I had to change my pants when I got back to the Holiday Inn... which, by the way reader, for your tour notes, had a shuttle running from the hotel to the event center every half an hour or so which was way convenient for drunkeness... no bus back from the show, but it's only like a half mile walk back.

oh and I think the dedication of flood was "to the runners up of the make a wish foundation formerly known as seattle" ... or something like that... it was tough to hear maynard at times, which might have been intentional.

I def. would say any tool fan NEEDS to see an arena venue, the visuals were awesome, I'm stoked about being sober enough to keep my eyes open and actually remember shit from this show!
Old 12-05-2007, 04:37 PM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

This was my 3rd tool show, all shows were from the 10,000 days tour. I saw them at the paramount where the sound kicked ass I don't care what anyone says, my ovaries were ROCKED. Then again I was ROCKED at the Gorge, anyone that goes to a show at the gorge and has a bad time is a miserable twat cuz the atmosphere is just perfect. I was sort of anxious for the arena show, I haven't seen many good ones and wasn't sure what to expect... I was not disappointed.

There's something different about a crowd of TOOLies that I can't quite put my finger on, but it's definitely a cool atmosphere... chill and yet still crazy as all hell. I just sat back and watched the sea of TOOLS stroll in... all different types of people from your emo goth rockers to the "wish i was a gangster" white boy thugs, to the earthy poncho wearing inscence burner smelling new agers. It was pretty awesome to watch the musical bridges being built ... I guess I don't get out to enough shows =p

I was blown away by the amount of lighting they had and just the way they had everything set up. So many very cool effects, lasers, screens, fog machines, people in labcoats and brainwashing technology (lol)... I guess that's what years of touring does for your stage show huh... up to 5 or was it 6 trucks of shit ? lol

I peed a little into my pants more than once last night ... when I heard the flood intro I think I scared a bunch of people in my section, sorry =x I can't hep it. I peed again when they played wings, and then again when they rocked lateralus (and anyone reading this that's going to the portland show tonight, I'd suggest arriving early I dunno who they were but before Trans Am came out there was some jammin that was pretty rockin...)

all in all I was thoroughly entertained, my buttocks are sore, and I had to change my pants when I got back to the Holiday Inn... which, by the way reader, for your tour notes, had a shuttle running from the hotel to the event center every half an hour or so which was way convenient for drunkeness... no bus back from the show, but it's only like a half mile walk back.

oh and I think the dedication of flood was "to the runners up of the make a wish foundation formerly known as seattle" ... or something like that... it was tough to hear maynard at times, which might have been intentional.

I def. would say any tool fan NEEDS to see an arena venue, the visuals were awesome, I'm stoked about being sober enough to keep my eyes open and actually remember shit from this show!
12-05-2007, 04:40 PM

Amazing show, the setlist was as posted previously. We had incredible suite seats and service. The band made us feel awesome as usual, same as the paramount and the gorge shows. Can't wait to see them back.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Amazing show, the setlist was as posted previously. We had incredible suite seats and service. The band made us feel awesome as usual, same as the paramount and the gorge shows. Can't wait to see them back.
OFFLINE |  
kabuki-mono
12-05-2007, 05:32 PM

Saw TOOL at the GORGE last year on this tour, then saw them again in Vegas POST surg for Mr. Carey...all 3 shows on this tour were fantastic. All I have to say is... FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! WHAAAAT! HAHAHA...nice, old school-LOVE IT! The moment I heard the bassline, pre-intro...BAM, I knew it! THANK YOU Mr's. Chancellor, Jones, Carey, and Keenan ---job well done! you all deserve a kick ass vaca!

WOO!
Old 12-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Saw TOOL at the GORGE last year on this tour, then saw them again in Vegas POST surg for Mr. Carey...all 3 shows on this tour were fantastic. All I have to say is... FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! WHAAAAT! HAHAHA...nice, old school-LOVE IT! The moment I heard the bassline, pre-intro...BAM, I knew it! THANK YOU Mr's. Chancellor, Jones, Carey, and Keenan ---job well done! you all deserve a kick ass vaca!

WOO!
OFFLINE |  
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryingopenmybrowneye View Post

What were you people smoking to hear that? He was dedicating the song to the old bass player.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:34 PM   #21
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryingopenmybrowneye View Post

What were you people smoking to hear that? He was dedicating the song to the old bass player.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

OFFLINE |  
damnfool's Avatar damnfool
12-05-2007, 07:39 PM

If you have this entire concert recorded with audio this clear I'd like to aquire a copy if at all possible
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

If you have this entire concert recorded with audio this clear I'd like to aquire a copy if at all possible
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
OFFLINE |  
musthavebeensohigh
12-05-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywize View Post
Actually he landed in our Suite. Suite #19 to be exact.
Probably 12-15ft drop.

The dude nailed my buddy in the kidney on the way down with one of his flailing extremities. He lay crumpled in, on, and around the seats. It was damn funny. My sister actually helped pull him up and they sat him down in one of the cushy chairs and got some staff to come look at the guy. I think he was fine.

I was a bit preoccupied watching tool show though.

...and Flood was insaaaaaaane.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Actually he landed in our Suite. Suite #19 to be exact.
Probably 12-15ft drop.

The dude nailed my buddy in the kidney on the way down with one of his flailing extremities. He lay crumpled in, on, and around the seats. It was damn funny. My sister actually helped pull him up and they sat him down in one of the cushy chairs and got some staff to come look at the guy. I think he was fine.

I was a bit preoccupied watching tool show though.

...and Flood was insaaaaaaane.
OFFLINE |  
Lord Calvert
12-05-2007, 09:47 PM

I would also love to get a copy of this. I was at the show and it was great.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:47 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

I would also love to get a copy of this. I was at the show and it was great.
OFFLINE |  
mukoh
12-05-2007, 10:30 PM

We were in Suite 17 a bunch of boneheads on top of us were banging on the signs so hard we thought they were going to fall off.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

We were in Suite 17 a bunch of boneheads on top of us were banging on the signs so hard we thought they were going to fall off.
OFFLINE |  
soreal
12-05-2007, 10:33 PM

yeah i hope the taper comes out with an audio or video of the full show, i had a blast and the show was in my top 5 or 6 for sure.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

yeah i hope the taper comes out with an audio or video of the full show, i had a blast and the show was in my top 5 or 6 for sure.
OFFLINE |  
MattMan81's Avatar MattMan81
12-05-2007, 11:06 PM

I thought that Maynard's voice was strained a little. Lateralus was insane and I loved finally getting to see Flood live.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:06 PM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

I thought that Maynard's voice was strained a little. Lateralus was insane and I loved finally getting to see Flood live.
OFFLINE |  
MattMan81's Avatar MattMan81
12-05-2007, 11:10 PM

I've seen them 3 times (would've been a 4th today but I-5 is flooded) and this was not the best one I've seen. I'm sure plenty of people have seen more shows than me, but I thought that the Gorge last year was WAYYYYY better. I'm sure the boys are tired of touring and I can respect that. Get home safe boys and start working on your final album. Spiral out.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

I've seen them 3 times (would've been a 4th today but I-5 is flooded) and this was not the best one I've seen. I'm sure plenty of people have seen more shows than me, but I thought that the Gorge last year was WAYYYYY better. I'm sure the boys are tired of touring and I can respect that. Get home safe boys and start working on your final album. Spiral out.
OFFLINE |  
bngrme1's Avatar bngrme1
12-05-2007, 11:13 PM

My 7th TOOL show and absolutely one of the best. I first saw them in 1994 in Austin, Texas. My son was not at that show as he was only 7. Last night I had a chance to share my passion for TOOL with him, his first time to the church of TOOL for him. What a show, what a crowd, It was perfect. The loudest part of the show was the crowds awesome response at the end of the show. Wicked impressive. I hope to see them again someday...gonna be hard to top this one.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

My 7th TOOL show and absolutely one of the best. I first saw them in 1994 in Austin, Texas. My son was not at that show as he was only 7. Last night I had a chance to share my passion for TOOL with him, his first time to the church of TOOL for him. What a show, what a crowd, It was perfect. The loudest part of the show was the crowds awesome response at the end of the show. Wicked impressive. I hope to see them again someday...gonna be hard to top this one.
OFFLINE |  
12-06-2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnitronic View Post
What I actually believe was dedicated to Paul D'Amour, then something with the make a wish foundation all in the same.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:58 AM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
What I actually believe was dedicated to Paul D'Amour, then something with the make a wish foundation all in the same.
12-06-2007, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Yeah I heard make a wish foundation and somethings I couldn't understand.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #32
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Yeah I heard make a wish foundation and somethings I couldn't understand.
12-06-2007, 09:26 AM

fifth show for me in the past 10 years, after two in birmingham, one in nashville, and one in tokyo. let me just say how ecstatic i was that i could actually breathe, not get beer spilled on me by drunk rednecks, not get crushed by the crowd, and not get poured rain on (at least that was interesting). best part by far was finally getting to really hear wings for marie. the visuals were awesome, amazing show as a whole (except for it taking two hours to get back to bellevue and having to work the next day).

just moved up here and had no freaking idea the tickets would sell out that fast. after hours spent trying to find someone that hadn't already sold their tickets on craigslist, i checked the venue site and managed to get last minute released seats just a couple hours before the show started. ironically enough, best seats i've ever had for a tool show.

shitty phone cam, but hey~
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8...4072037ob7.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7...4072109pc8.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...4072116km1.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5...4072118iu9.jpg
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5...4072121oa3.jpg (adam on the jambi solo)
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3...4072311re6.jpg (maynard walking offstage)

thanks to tool for a great show as always, and thanks to all the other fans for the chance to seriously enjoy it.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #33
Level 2 - Poster

fifth show for me in the past 10 years, after two in birmingham, one in nashville, and one in tokyo. let me just say how ecstatic i was that i could actually breathe, not get beer spilled on me by drunk rednecks, not get crushed by the crowd, and not get poured rain on (at least that was interesting). best part by far was finally getting to really hear wings for marie. the visuals were awesome, amazing show as a whole (except for it taking two hours to get back to bellevue and having to work the next day).

just moved up here and had no freaking idea the tickets would sell out that fast. after hours spent trying to find someone that hadn't already sold their tickets on craigslist, i checked the venue site and managed to get last minute released seats just a couple hours before the show started. ironically enough, best seats i've ever had for a tool show.

shitty phone cam, but hey~
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8...4072037ob7.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7...4072109pc8.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...4072116km1.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5...4072118iu9.jpg
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5...4072121oa3.jpg (adam on the jambi solo)
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3...4072311re6.jpg (maynard walking offstage)

thanks to tool for a great show as always, and thanks to all the other fans for the chance to seriously enjoy it.
OFFLINE |  
pryingopenmybrowneye's Avatar pryingopenmybrowneye
12-06-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
i really didn't smoke much this show... i clearly remember hearing something about the runner up to the make a wish foundation, might not have been for flood... but i know the guy behind me repeated it too...
Old 12-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
i really didn't smoke much this show... i clearly remember hearing something about the runner up to the make a wish foundation, might not have been for flood... but i know the guy behind me repeated it too...
12-06-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:

good review man!
Old 12-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #35
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Quote:

good review man!
OFFLINE |  
TIHSUP's Avatar TIHSUP
12-06-2007, 11:28 PM

Fucking awesome show, Tool never disappoints!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #36
Level 2 - Poster

Fucking awesome show, Tool never disappoints!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply