opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 02. Prison Sex
User Name
Password
Old 10-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #41

Bincount™: 0
Re: Praying...

I'm all for the deeper meaning of things and unless I have completely missed the point....this song screams child molestation! And the video as well. As a mother I find it excrutiating to watch.
Getting it up the ass in prison? Listen to the lyrics Mr. 3..count 'em 3..DUI's Put the CD on in your car while you're driving drunk and listen.
Most, if not all, child molesters were molested as children. All molesters will reoffend. It is a part of them. "i have found some kind of temporary sanity in this...."
It is a disease probably caused by the trauma of their own abuse. I don't find this song offensive in the way some might but rather an eye opener. Thousands of kids are abused everyday. To other mothers who live to protect their children.....I say watch your children closely and cut the balls off anyone who lays a finger on them!
As far as the religious interpretations....Catholic priests have a history of molestation. Hold your babies tight!!! PEACE
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:30 AM   #42
Level 4 - Thinker

Wow...that was a very heartfelt post. The song is clearly about child molestation. The article I put in my last post says specifically child abuse.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #43

I couldn't find the article you talked about. I will keep looking though as I'd like to read it.

I've been listening to their music for years. They have thrown the statement out there that things are not always as they seem. I think that is true for some of the songs, but not all. People are taking that too literally.

I think for this song it's the title that has a deeper meaning, and the lyrics are exactly as they seem.

I respect the idea that MJK wants people to think for themselves. Although I'm disturbed by some of the posts I've read! Perhaps he should tell his meanings so some of them can catch up! That's why religion works so well for some, they can't handle their own thoughts.

Ah....religion.... Some jackass reads you the material and also interprets it for you. I, myself, am a recovering Catholic. And I live to tell the tale! I figure if I'm doomed to an eternity in Hell.... atleast there will be rock and roll there!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #44
Level 4 - Thinker

I refuse to have anything to do with organized religion, because...I do not like people telline me what or how I should believe. I would rather just believe what I think is right and leave it at that.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:28 PM   #45

It could be praying....

Maybe it's in reference to the molestation of alter boys in the Catholic church.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:25 AM   #46
Level 4 - Thinker

True...maybe something like that happened to Maynard when he was younger, and this song is taking about both abuse and religion together
Old 10-20-2006, 07:36 AM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 9

was listening to some prison o sex tonight, never really thought about it in reference to praying... always makes me think about that fucked up theory that often the abused will go on to become the abuser, coming full circle?
Old 10-21-2006, 05:13 AM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8moremucscles View Post
I refuse to have anything to do with organized religion, because...I do not like people telline me what or how I should believe. I would rather just believe what I think is right and leave it at that.
I like how you put that. So simple, but totally agreed.

Anyway. I think i have forgotten what i came here to say due to that disturbing stuff by mr. multi-poster. It was probably something like "interesting idea"..it certainly inspires thought.

Whilst i havent taken the time to really think about the deeper meaning here, i wanted to point out that so much by Tool is completely metaphorical. This may well be one of those instances. It may also be intended to be taken at face value.. I recall reading someones comments about Rosetta Stoned and how Maynards scream was related to the pain of anal probing. That part of me is about his genitalia, that 'Maynards dick' is about his genetalia... That stinkfist really is about fisting. Whilst it certainly may be possible (im in no position to make that judgement) i just think some people are so quick to come to these conclusions and imply they have some sadistic thoughts going on in there =p (im not referring to anything in this thread btw.. just a thought i needed to write/say).

Edit: I remembered... when reading how people are abused they often end up being abusers themselves, i thought of "I have found some kind of temporary sanity..." - is it stockholm syndrome when the victim feels a sense of comfort and reliance toward the captor/abusor/etc..?

Last edited by one_reflection; 10-21-2006 at 05:18 AM..
Old 11-16-2006, 09:29 AM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_reflection View Post

Edit: I remembered... when reading how people are abused they often end up being abusers themselves, i thought of "I have found some kind of temporary sanity..." - is it stockholm syndrome when the victim feels a sense of comfort and reliance toward the captor/abusor/etc..?
Well, someone with Stockholm Syndrome often shows loyalty even though there's danger in the situation. At the same time, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Stockholm Syndrome more of a hostage/hostage-taker situation?
Old 11-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsok
someone up ther said something about sodomy, and the antichrist being homosexual. .. but in my opinion, sodomy doesnt always have to come back to anything sexual.
but what the hell do i know
The definition of "sodomy" is as follows.

Quote:
sod·om·y [sódəmee]
n
1. an offensive term for anal intercourse
2. an offensive term for sexual intercourse with an animal

[13th century. Directly or via French sodomie from medieval Latin sodomia , which was formed from ecclesiastical Latin peccatum Sodomiticum “sin of Sodom.”]
Sodomy doesn't have to be performed between gay people. In Layman's Terms, if you got an ass (which, yes, both genders do), it can be fucked. No joke to that.

And, yes, it does include bestiality, like the definition states.

So, really, there's no allusion to gender or sexual orientation in the song. Just wanted to point that out. (However, the term sodomy itself is, in a way, something of a Biblical allusion. Read up on what Sodom was.)
Old 11-28-2006, 12:26 PM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
Show me something
Thought I could make it end
Thought I could wash the stains away---wash your sins away?
Thought I could break the circle if I
Slipped right into your skin
So sweet was your surrender
We have become one
I have become my terror
And you my precious lamb and martyr.
I LOVE this part of the song. I pretty sure it is "wash the stains away."
I wish they had put done it on the studio version, because this is, imo, the most important part of the song, especially the last 3 lines; I just find them so haunting.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:26 PM   #52
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I just want to put this out there to everyone. If you want a good description of this song from the band themselves...go to articles and read this article:

Publication: Axcess
Date: Sometime, 1994

Click on the 1995 link and look for it there. It is an interesting article where they talk about the Prison Sex, and a little about the Sober videos.
Keep in mind that
A: Adam is not the whole band
B: The videos often have a different message than the song
C: Everything tool says should be taken with a grain of salt.

With that said it does offer some enlightenment into the song.
I feel that the song is really about being forced to do something. The medium of said that the lyrics take on is mainly child abuse but it can also be about. But it could be religion or something else.

Also people who are saying it's about being forced to be christian, that's pretty fucking ignorant. Christianity is not the first or most common religion where the followers teach their children to follow it from a young age. Just about every god domn religion that ever exsisted has done that, save a few. Christianity is not the only evil in the world nor the most prominent.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:11 PM   #53
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
"Got your hands bound
your head down,
your eyes closed."

is that about praying?

"Do unto others what has been done to you"
And christianity: "Do unto other as you would have them do unto you"

[/Quick Thought]

(I didn't read through the other responses, so apologies if this is redundant.)

What's described in those lines isn't praying at all. He's basically describing going into the fetal position - he knows the abuse is coming, so he's preparing for it.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #54
Level 1 - Lurker

i agree with both "TomAce" and "Intolerable"..
Old 01-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #55
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
I just want to put this out there to everyone. If you want a good description of this song from the band themselves...go to articles and read this article:

Publication: Axcess
Date: Sometime, 1994

Click on the 1995 link and look for it there. It is an interesting article where they talk about the Prison Sex, and a little about the Sober videos.
Good article, thanx...but that same article also says:
"Lachrymology (which literally means "the study of crying") is the cornerstone of the band's outlook on life, they prefer to see people doing it for
themselves."

. . . . and we all know now that that's bullshit...
Old 01-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #56
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscobytes View Post
I'm all for the deeper meaning of things and unless I have completely missed the point....this song screams child molestation! And the video as well. As a mother I find it excrutiating to watch.
Getting it up the ass in prison? Listen to the lyrics Mr. 3..count 'em 3..DUI's Put the CD on in your car while you're driving drunk and listen.
Most, if not all, child molesters were molested as children. All molesters will reoffend. It is a part of them. "i have found some kind of temporary sanity in this...."
It is a disease probably caused by the trauma of their own abuse. I don't find this song offensive in the way some might but rather an eye opener. Thousands of kids are abused everyday. To other mothers who live to protect their children.....I say watch your children closely and cut the balls off anyone who lays a finger on them!
As far as the religious interpretations....Catholic priests have a history of molestation. Hold your babies tight!!! PEACE

i read online that there is a form of satanitc ritual abuse where the child is ritualisticly sodomised with some objected to in the worst way open his third eye. like the cheating way.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:35 PM   #57
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

pointing out the very obvious, i thought it was like oral sex, ya know? after all the title is prison sex

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: