opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 03-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #41
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: A Philosphy on Life.

I missed your post about how you met your wife until just now, jevons, and it is uncanny in essential similarity to how I met my girlfriend. All I did was be kind and listen, and everything just kinda happened... Trippy shit, man... LSD, enough for me right now, though it would be nice :) But I think my next adventure should certainly be some spiritual cleansing, some DMT drunken as a tea, but not quite yet, I'm waiting for it to present itself to me ;)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #42
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

You know something funny? Right now, there is a guy on this site who thinks "he used a poison in his tea." It might not seem related, but if you think about it, this is like a little Universe, where you really only get what you put in, and sometimes nothing at all, regardless.
I have done more than my share of bickering, but what you just said about your olé-dee really is trippy shit.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #43

I'm very attuned to picking up on patterns like that... Like patterns in personality types and all of that... I see way too much in people, I think sometimes. Has anybody reading this ever met anybody that reminded them of themselves so much, and in the little ways that matter too, like personality traits that are only found in certain types of people? I have, I've found such refection of my own on Myspace. It's a girl that was born 2 days less than a year before me, so we're of the same Zodiac sign, we are both an Aquarius. Because of this relationship I've formed with this girl, I attain SOOOOO much significance to the whole Zodiac sign thing, I just don't understand it all too well, yet... I'm learning more and more and seeing more and more connections, patterns.

I remember the individual who started opening up my mind, my buddy Nick of Time, once explained to my cousin that one time on LSD, he was sitting up trippin' out on personalities. He sat there trippin' out seeing all of the personalities in the world blending together. This, in my mind, is just us getting that much closer to rising from being individuals, to being One. For everybody is like a mirror, we reflect everything we come into contact with. Especially personality traits. Ever picked up on a specific personality trait from somebody you've been hanging out with a lot? You can't help it, can you? Once you reflect that light, it becomes a part of you... and slowly, though not as slowly as it once was, in that we have this lovely thing we call the internet to reflect by, the personalities are blending together, to hopefully forever be One.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #44
Banned.

Be careful not to pidgeonhole people. But the mirror thing, how do you explain some people's attentiveness toward certain things, and blind denial of others?
True, we do reflect what we see, which is why Chinese kids don't usually grow up speaking Hungarian, but why?

The zodiac truly confuses me. I knew some Aires in highschool who was so blatantly the epitomy of everything i ever read about them, but i find it rude almost, to judge them on that. My brother is a Gemini, and life is none-too serious for him. I am a Sagittarius, and it is never a surprise for people to learn that. But it is like finding that out about me makes it impossible for them to take me seriously: Oh, here comes old man Sagittarius, coming to solve the world's problems.
*Fingers go in ears*
Old 03-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #45
Banned.

And as far as the traits go, i'm beginning to see that in really fucked up places.

It's like four in the morning (as with most of my stories), and i'm just off work. The bus is nearly empty, so naturally, i stretch my legs. Some fucker gets on, walks past like fifteen empty seats and slaps my leg.
"Move."
"Sorry, what?" In utter disgust.
"Move."
"Can't you maybe sit somewhere else? *hand grazes over the thousands of seating options*"
"Move. This isn't your living room."
"Never said it was, sir. That's why my foot is not on the upholstery."
''Want to make something of it?''
''Sir, i just got off work, and i have been there for more than half a day. If you want this seat so bad, take it." Like a pussy, i curl my foot and give him the seat beside me.
The 18-year-old me would have kicked both our asses.
But all i could see was a scared little boy in a man suit, tired of beating his son, seeing no way out of life except petty scuffles, bath houses (we still have those here)... i pitied him.
And so i found love, eventually. He got off the bus and i'll never see him again. But i wish him well.
The 18-year-old me would have kicked both our asses.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:22 PM   #46

ha, yeah, I know it seems kinda crazy, and I don't mean to condemn anybody to a pigeonhole, for pigeon poop is highly toxic, as I've recently been made aware of, but the craziest thing is this... the whole stereotype thing is very, very real. I'm not racist, as I've explained it previously, I don't hate any stereotyped individual, but I tend to dislike the people that place themselves in the prison cell of certain negative stereotypes. The people putting themselves into negative stereotypes through actions are the ones to blame, not the people who merely see connections explaining the behavior. Everything is cause and effect, so, like you pointed out, kids in China don't typically grow up speaking Hungarian. This is because the kids' culture, what they're exposed to, creates what they're going to reflect. The whole Zodiac thing still confuses me too, but I see that between myself and this fellow Aquarius that I've met, there are no other explanations, no other influences that would affect us being so similar other than our Zodiac signs. So it just trips me out. But everybody, can be classified similarly, but honestly, what does it matter in regards to the individual, how can anybody really be insulted by this, when aren't we all the same mind anyway? The separateness is really the blance to our unification. Ya know?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
And as far as the traits go, i'm beginning to see that in really fucked up places.
But seeing it in the negative only imposes the importance of what you're learning that much deeper into your mind. Why do we get irritated with certain people because of certain behavior? Because much of the time we're seeing similarities to ourselves that we despise, so we take it out on the other person, pointing fingers, shoving blame, when really it's ourselves we're disgusted at. This is the problem of tolerance, everybody has to point the finger, blame the other, when really it's the issue of the individual.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #48
Banned.

Yes, yes; but if i keep on the 'acceptance over tolerance' route, won't i end up a sissy who is too accepting to tell the difference between a kung-fu kick to the mutton chops and a handshake?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #49

No, I don't think so, as you, in being so conscious, will feel the intentions of actions directed towards you. You may not see a difference physically between a kung-fu kick to the head and mutton chops and a handshake, but you will feel a difference in intentions and know how to respond accordingly.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:03 PM   #50
Banned.

This is what i was talking about the other day... It's going to work. If that douche had hit me, then he would be in a hospital. I let him have what did not matter (what he wanted), and in turn got something infinately more valuable.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #51

Yup yup yup... Isn't it beautiful? And to the topic of this unconditional love, has anybody put any thought as to what the symbols mean on either side of my name, the "<8>"'s surrounding "jF"..?
Old 03-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #52
Banned.

Got bored, came back, on my way out again. Here's what i think: <8> = infinity, JF for the jesus freaks. You have infinite love for the wierdest folks going.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 699

i feel like this is one of those statements that's just supposed to be taken, read over many times, thought about, and then understood as a concise explanation of a lot of information. there's almost not a point in working it out into more words because its beauty is in the fact that it's concise.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
Got bored, came back, on my way out again. Here's what i think: <8> = infinity, JF for the jesus freaks. You have infinite love for the wierdest folks going.
LoL... damn, jevons, that was kinda funny though... No, I'd have to say you're a little off with that guess. The infinity symbol was correct to draw out of it, yeah, but it's derived from a symbol I devised like this: 8> which was something I had been toying meaning infinite love, for it's an infinity symbol formed into a heart. Then I was playing with the idea of reflections, making two equal one, like two people coming together under unity consciousness ('cause that's where it starts, with two people...) so I made two of the infinite love symbols out of one, <8> . As for the "jF", part, that's just a phonetic spelling of my name, Jeff. That's all...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: