opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 03-04-2007, 06:38 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
A Philosphy on Life.

Everyone is a piece of nothing compared to everything. Therefore, nothing isn’t worth anything to everything; yet a mere second of nothing can alter everything, and everything can transform anything; thus nothing changes anything.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:40 AM   #2

Re: A Philosphy on Life.

I'm highly interested to see how people react to this piece... I'd appreciate it if you guys let me know what you think about it.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:50 AM   #3
Banned.

Location: 41 degrees 23'57"42" N by 75 degrees 42'38.51" W elevation 822
Bincount™: 93

i could write an entire book on nothing in the sense of it being a more powerful force than anything. i honestly wish i had the time and typeing skills to reply to this more in depthly but i can say that nothing overlaps everything, that wich is unobserveable since anything observable is something. something of that nature
Old 03-04-2007, 07:33 AM   #4

Yes, sheerly in a physical sense (with anything observable being something and that which isn't observable being nothing) nothing is far more vast than any one something. In fact nothing is far more vast than all anything will ever be (from the current human perspective...), in this sense, in that if you take the full electromagnetic spectrum and make it equivalent to a 2 yard line, the bandwidth of visible light within that spectrum would merely be 1/32nd of an inch wide (Drunvalo Melchizedek, The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life Volume 1, P. 53). K-ray-Z... and people honestly believe what they see..?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

But if you exist to compare things like that, you will ultimately go fucking apeshit and paint the walls with your brains; or worse yet, begin to believe in Nothing. ''Nihilists are slaves to their own consciousness.'' Dostoevsky wrote that. I suppose if you trust your consciousness, he is correct; also, if you deny them (your sentency, consciousness), you would be in the same circumstance.
I had a friend, with whom i lived for several months during high school, he would always scream "none of this is real!"over and over. He was correct, but it drove him mad.
Douglas Adams wrote some books, and in, hmm, Mostly Harmless, maybe, he envisioned what he called a ''Total Perspective Vortex." It was the greatest torture device ever implemented.
The story goes, that there was an inventor, who had a wife. She kept saying to him: you need a sense of perspective. She nagged him over and over again, trying to get him out of his toolshed or whatever. So he built this thing. He sent his wife in. She became privvy to the entire, huge, massive biggeness of the Universe all at once, at which time, a tiny, infantessimal spec appeared, with a little friendly arrow. Above the arrow were friendly words: You Are Here, is all it said.
The woman, and everyone subsequently subjected to the device, went shit bonkers and never came back.
So fuck it, laugh at the machine, try, on occasion to actually grasp the immensity of life, realise how pitiful your senses are, and do what you can.
Who could ask more?

Just because closure is an illusion does not mean you must ignore your epiphanies.

Last edited by jevons; 03-04-2007 at 10:34 AM..
Old 03-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #6
Banned.

The absence of beliefs is the birth of knowledge, which is the precursor to wisdom. I capitalise the N in nihilism purely because, fro mwhat i have seen, the majority of Nihilists i know begin to almost worship the nothingness of things, distracting themselves from future epiphanies and making the nothingness almost tangible: a belief in itself.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
So fuck it, laugh at the machine, try, on occasion to actually grasp the immensity of life, realise how pitiful your senses are, and do what you can.
Who could ask more?

Just because closure is an illusion does not mean you must ignore your epiphanies.
As to this device, all of the knowledge I've discovered through the unfolding events in my life have essentially locked me in a room with this machine... Experiencing psychedelic wonderlands under the influence of (personally-perceived) entheogens whilst reading Ram Dass' Remember: Be Here Now, routinely listening to the ever-sweet lull of the melodies of Tool, exposing myself to the countless other influences that have been natural instincts for me to find interest in... every waking and sleeping moment in my short life has served as either some nut, bolt or other piece to this fully functioning machine. This has become my reality. Apeshit nuts indeed... Or maybe I just realize how much more awake I am than all the slumbering midgets abound me..? Consciousness is a crazy thing, something, indeed that makes you feel exceptionally crazy, but, from what I've learned to deduce, insanity is just the natural effect of realizing certain things, which makes me wonder about the nature of sanity to begin with...

I guess what I'm trying to explain here is that thus far all of my epiphanies have lead me up to nothing else but the nature of this reality, pondering the possibility that all of this is merely dreaming, that some day soon, I may wake up screaming--realizing nothing's real, more real than something. More than anything else, though, I realize that this walking nightmare is nothing more then the "American Dream", just watered down insanity, but everybody (mostly) still thinks they're living in reality, when really they're just sleep walking...

I don't laugh at this machine, I embrace it, for I live it. This is what I've woken up to be my reality, that I'm some inventor, or thinker, apparently, and because I'm merely a little less sleepy than everybody (mostly) surrounding me, I have to be one of the ones to pull the fire alarm to warn everybody else that they're going to be burned alive if they don't wake the hell up. Like I've said, maybe I am just crazy, but maybe, just maybe, I'm on to something (though I must admit it must be nothing other than what countless other individuals have been on to for centuries and centuries before me, I'm just coming back around, rediscovering (personally) an ancient sense, the secret of reality...).
Old 03-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #8
Banned.

You are crazy, and your ego still plays with you. Smile. It is not your job to save the world, it is you job to save yourself. If that leads you to saving the world, so be it. Do not set out to pull the fire alarm, because then you'll see a kid down the hall who can't walk, then you'll see another kid down the stairwell who's stuck, then you'll hear a noise in the basement...
and so on.
Plus, if you do manage to get all the little piggies out of the barbecue hut, where will a bunch of piggies who still don't know what the fuck is up end up? Another, probably bigger, barbecue. You see where i'm going with this. Read what i posted in response to "Consciousness", your job is to be you.
You can't be piggybacked into the God consciousness.
Share what you can, never NEVER give in to the sadness, for after the fear, that is all there is, pure sadness. That is, unfortunately, where i am a lot of the time. Minds will shut, but if you truly wish to be gold, you will know it is a sleepless job: when a mind opens up, it does so uniquely. No piggybacks, but a lot of helping hands, and the deserving will make it.
Pay attention, don't bother with hysterics (mothers are the toughest).
Once you give in to sadness, that is all your heart will absorb.
Same goes for anger.
Breathe.

Last edited by jevons; 03-04-2007 at 03:23 PM..
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1142

In my opinion you guys should discuss this in spirituality/philosophy, not because it doesn't fall under poetry/prose (imo) but I think you'll get an indepth discussion on this... definetly is interesting to me.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #10
Banned.

Aw, but mm, can we keep it? If you think aboot it, it's his/her prose, he/she wanted this, it's their discussion based on his/her feelings which lead to the creation.
Pleeeeease?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #11
Level 9 - Obstreperous

I'm not a mod lol! Don't have to say please to me, it's just that I really want to see where this could go; the original post of the thread, the entire idea of it. If this were in spirituality/philosophy I think it would definetly dig down into a rabbit hole of some sort.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
Banned.

So how do we get that done? I had a thread get moved, disappear, and i put it's picture on the wall next to my Warhol silkscreens and my Marion Barry shrine. I miss that thread.
So, who you gonna call?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #13
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Ghost Busters.

Anyways, all you do is take the original post, quote it, and put it in spirituality/philosophy lol xD
Old 03-04-2007, 04:32 PM   #14
Banned.

Word to the big bird.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #15
Banned.

Um, you do it. I can't find it, or the end of my nose.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #16
win
Alive With Signs and Stars

Bincount™: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by <8>jF<8> View Post
Everyone is a piece of nothing compared to everything. Therefore, nothing isn’t worth anything to everything; yet a mere second of nothing can alter everything, and everything can transform anything; thus nothing changes anything.
I think what you have had is interesting. However I think that you are playing pretty loose with some big ideas. Think about the precision of what you are trying to stay. What each word means and whether it is the right word in the right place to make the right point.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by win View Post
I think what you have had is interesting. However I think that you are playing pretty loose with some big ideas. Think about the precision of what you are trying to stay. What each word means and whether it is the right word in the right place to make the right point.
Apart from merely diction, I chose to use the words I did based on mathematics. Not only am I conveying thoughts towards reality, but I'm also attempting to display the transitive property, if A=B and B=C, then A=C, in this case "nothing" being "A", "everything" being "B" and "anything" being "C". Looking back at it now, I almost don't know exactly how I thought of it as I wrote it, as it made perfect sense as I created it, but I'm lacking to be able to put the pieces together how I once saw them fit... damned memory! But at least this should help make more sense as to how and why I wrote this...
Old 03-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #18
Banned.

I think you were trying to display the paradox of perspective. And i think win wants to see you elaborate on it. I don't think you should. Your paragraph will incite the neccesary debate to prove this true, and hogwash, at the same time. Thus, still a paradox, and important to know, but also not important to dwell on.
Imagine a star who got depressed he was only a brown dwarf, spinning somewhere between two massive, nearly identical stars.
What if that star got so depressed she said ''fuck it,'' and just stopped dancing? What if the perfect double helix pattern of the other two stars was ruined by this little depressed star? No, it might not matter, but it also might turn out to be the most significant event of all history for everything in the Universe, or Galaxy. Perhaps those stars sit on a space-time faultline of sorts, much as everyone here on Earth does: insanity hides under sanity, addiction fails to justify hunger, and so on, and as soon as little jonny star stops twirling with fervour, an electromagnetic charge sweeps out from the other two stars, their near-infititely finite dance interrupted, and a giant blue star erupts and kills tons of things.
This could be a good thing, or a bad thing, the point is it is a big thing, made by tiny little stars in a tiny little sort-of-vaccuum.
I once made twelve dinner guests leave my house because i farted.

There is also an entire Universe in your body, of which you might know diddly. Worry aboot what you can worry aboot. This thread kicks ass.
Small=shmall.

Last edited by jevons; 03-05-2007 at 09:38 AM..
Old 03-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #19

...as above so below, as I'd imagine. :) I'm really glad we live in this terrible age of technology, because as sick and demented as it all may be, as fucked up as it may be in aiding and abiding the destruction of all creation, it sure poses as a wonderful form of communication, and without putting all the pieces back together, rediscovering communication, I don't know where I'd be right now. Thank all of you wonderful minds out there doing just what you're doing, and I hope all of you can benefit as much as I have been from these conversations.

And yeah, that was a huge part that I was forgetting to leave out, the paradox part (ironically the most important aspect, LoL...). I most certainly was discovering a way to comprehend the great paradox of everything... Sometimes I think it all goes back to the Jews, for only people like Larry David and Woody Allen who have that truly Jewish sense of humor, that sense of paradox, poke fun at that kind of humor, the nature of paradox and irony. And no, this isn't some sort of derogatory statement, as it's merely pointing out the nature of my own hergatige. Does anybody else have any ideas why everything in this existence is so damn paradoxical?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #20
Banned.

The paradox? Hmm, lets' see. The Luciferian construct.

There was a God. God became curious. God said, "I'll do an experiment." So it took parts out of itself, and made an opposition (for what is a hero without a villain?). The opposition was programmed to, you guessed it, oppose everything which God thought the truth. Lucifer (check my other posts, not Satan, a Christian abomination of the Celtic fertility symbol-- Lucifer, the Darknesses) then created this place out of his (its'?) self, thusly starting the Free Will Experiment; a long way from the perfection, or hyperintelligence of God, and with all things being alone in it, to discern or be corrupted as they will.
A long time passes.
So, the paradoxes you constantly observe are the crux of life, so that we may, eventually, see the truth (i am not a hippie): if an unconditional love exists for all things in the Universe, we are no longer connected or disconnected, we are one, of the same mind. You read the shit i wrote in the consciousness page, it was consciousness, yeah? All the God perspective stuff? Well, que that.

Without the paradoxes, there would be no sentiency, or free will. Thus, there would be no experiment.
And you would never have been born.
Feel alive.

Last edited by jevons; 03-05-2007 at 06:09 PM..
Old 03-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #21

Oh, I do feel alive, very much so... all these paradoxes just make everything more interesting :) It's just kinda funny like when one's conscious of it happening right before his/her eyes...
Old 03-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #22
Banned.

I'm stuck on those who refuse to accept the possibility of alternatives fundamentalists, specifically.
To actually go so far as to ignore some of their own text in favour of false security, assurance, blah, it drives me mad.

MAD I SAY
Old 03-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #23

They're fools, cloned sheep that are products of their own bullshit "science". I'm convinced that modern medical "science" is bullshit! I may be bitter from my personal experiences with going to the doctors through the scam otherwise known as Kaiser medical insurance, but I make a valid point... they don't really know shit! They know what they're taught, the basic medical jargon that doesn't really apply to real life... but apart from that, I feel as though they don't really know all too much about the human body and how it truly functions. My Medical Doctor (piece of shit MD) told me when I went to be checked out for scoliosis that "[I] was born with a crooked back and [I] had to just get used to it." He said "while [I'm] younger and more active, it's going to hurt [me] more, but as [I] get older and become less active in [my] older age, it won't bother [me] as much." I thought this was ridiculous, especially considering I met a guy that PROVED otherwise to me not so long after that... I met this dude that was completely restructuring my body through massage therapy, but not exactly "normal" massage therapy. It's a different kind of massage that targets deposits of toxins and lactic acid around the body, rearranges the fascia and basically just relaxes all of the tensions around the body that pull the skeletal structures out of alignment, allowing your bones and joints to fall back where they're supposed to go. According to my MD, that shouldn't be possible, as, well.. I was born with a crooked back and all...

The only problem was that I stopped going to that guy because I found out what a piece of shit he was and that I unfortunately could no longer trust the bastard. So now I'm learning (on my own of course, as the MD's couldn't put shit together, for they only want one physical concern at a time per vist, which means it's physically impossible [without maybe a dozen or so appointments {which would cost at minimum $120 dollars in co-pays}] to put multiple symptoms together in order to expose a bigger picture) there's an uncanny potentiality that I have the incurable disease Fibromyalgia, which causes scoliosis, all the pain that I've been having and tempomandibular joint disorder, not to mention other complications... But the doctor's are too stupid to put any of that together, because they were just looking at what I knew, what I was telling them I was there for, what I thought my problem was, scoliosis. But it turns out that scoliosis wasn't my main concern, but merely a by-product of the real issue, Fibromyalgia. So, in examining my scoliosis, they just kept turning me away without any treatment that could benefit me, leaving me going insane by the hand of discomfort, because I don't have a sever case of scoliosis, but only a 7 degree incline when I took X-rays like a year ago, which is only considered acute scoliosis. If they would have taken just a few extra moments to listen to what else was going on with me, maybe they could have put the pieces together, but if that were to happen, they wouldn't get an extra $10 bucks every time I had to go in to be seen, so fuck that, right? Of course they just want their $10 bucks, that's why they're in business to begin with... Bullshit excuse for medical care!

Dude, one time I went into physical therapy, right, and I showed the guy who saw me my foot (as I was starting to put more pieces together on my own because I wasn't getting ANY help [as above so below, so I'd imagine...]). My right foot is where I think some of my problems stem from, as my pinky toe curls in under my ring toe. Walking on that as it is for, well, the extent of my existence, has created so much tension on the right side of my right foot that the joints and bones where my pinky toe turns into my foot has literally pulled and angled my foot out to the right, but only my right leg is that bad. So in turn, my whole right leg has turned and locked up all funny like, which has locked up much of the right side of my body. Fun stuff right... well, showed the guy examining me my foot and pointed out my pinky toe. The damned toe is so far turned in that the guy examining it literally thought my toe was missing, he even asked me where it had gone, as if it had stood up and walked out of the room while he wasn't looking. I just wiggled it some, to show it was there, hoping I had made my point right, but then as he realized the toe was just severely deformed, he just dismissed any significance towards it! What the hell was this guy thinking?! If the toe weren't there to begin with, the weight distribution would be off and would thus fuck up the alignment in my body, right, but simply because the toe was there, just way out of whack, I guess that means it shouldn't be similarly affecting the weight distribution, thereby off-throwing the alignment of my entire body, right, but then why is it? That's what I'd like to know (can you here the subtle sarcasm in my voice..?) After this experience, I no longer hold any respect for the competence of medical insurance. Does anybody else have any similar experiences?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:29 AM   #24
Banned.

My grandfather almost died due to a misdiagnosis. The pricks told him an aneyurism was ''heartburn'' and sent him back to his 64th birthday. He was rendered paraplegic due to the fuckup. He never sued. My grandmother is so twisted on ''brain medecation'' she twitches, lives in poverty, can barely look after herself. My mother would rather stare into a television at Dr. Phil's (another hideous gin blossom on this tree of modern science) raggedy concepts than break down her emotional fortress. There's more, but you get the point; everyone in my family, save my brother and a few others, is poisoned. Literally, poisoned.

quote, {They're fools, cloned sheep that are products of their own bullshit "science". I'm convinced that modern medical "science" is bullshit}

ichiban
Old 03-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #25

ichiban?

And by the way, my parents are very well "poisoned" as well, especially my mom. She's an avid gardener of "hideous gin blossoms" (otherwise known as Dr. Phil [or daytime TV, for that matter]).
Old 03-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #26
Banned.

ichiban is Japanese for #1. We discussed this somewhere else, the sadness will always creep up, but it is moving through it that will someday make you a great parent; unable to lie to your child or yourself, thus a great parent.
picture it: ''Daddy, where did Slippy the Goldfish go?"
"It died... Don't be sad, be happy Slippy had a life. Everything that lives has to die. So go out and learn something, appreciate what you have. Don't be afraid, Bubbie."
Sappy but true.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #27

Yeah, honesty like that, however, has gotten me in trouble in this reality, but at the same time, without that "trouble", I wouldn't be where I am right now, so I guess I just have to embrace all of it, as it's in my nature.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #28
Banned.

The desire to help must not kill you.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #29
Banned.

Unless it is for your child, and it is impossible for you both to survive, something like that.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #30

Ahh, but I'm not dead, and what is death anyways, but a passage of rites? The desire to help will take me where it will take me, that's not for me to decide, I'm just here along for the ride...
Old 03-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #31
Banned.

I smell a hero sandwitch.

Hmm. Everything looks so good here, let's see: hoagies, grinders, navy beans, meatloaf sandwitch... Ah, yes, i'll take a footlong <8>JF<8> on... rye. Easy with the Hero sauce, i'm on a diet. No more ChristBurgers for me.
*Wags finger*
Old 03-06-2007, 11:12 AM   #32

I see what you're saying, but I don't necessarily feel as though I am such a sandwich... I guess I'm just tired of so many people perceiving this issue from a perspective of inactivity. Like my dad, he's always viewd the world as if it doesn't directly relate to him, he wants no part of it. I disagree with this frame of mind. He thinks this way because he doesn't realize the vastness of the influence he can truly have on reality, as do too many people in this world. My point is this, one person may not be able to change the world, but everybody can do something. If people believe that they have no influence over everything and just subside to the powers at hand, nothing will ever change. But if people keep building their consciousness of all that is, if people start to realize how interconnected everything is and that they can make a difference if they just try to, then a difference may occur. Everybody has to realize their "genius", as I've come understand as the Latin (I think it was Latin) term meaning one's god given talents. Everybody has a part in everything, they just have to come to understand who and what they are and what they're to do, their "genius". If people can just be what they're supposed to be, then I think we'll soon be just one being. But everybody has to realize this first. I'm not trying to be a hero, I'm just trying to be who I naturally am, what i've come/am coming to find as my nature, my "genius", if you will.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:12 AM   #33

I'm just trying to do my part, that's all.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #34
Banned.

you are right with the Latin. And, if you see it that way, give'er. The worst thing that can happen, is you'll end up with a bunch of sheep behind you, needing you, trying to get you to piggyback them into God's lap. You will have a beautiful cape for a few years, then you will be killed in a horrible fashion that implies the murderers wish you had never been born.
Please, be careful. The emotionally, mentally strong should always be the most humble. Just be careful.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #35

I know exactly what you mean, and what you mean is exactly what I fear... But I can't let my fear hold me back, ya know? Here this quote says it all:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. You playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to dos the same. As we a liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."----Nelson Mandela, 1994 Inaugural Speech (Taken from Alex Grey's Transfigurations)
Old 03-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #36
Banned.

Quote:
I'm just trying to do my part, that's all.
I know, i know. You have a bit of a penchant for sentimentality, we share this. It is evident even through the computer. Don't be disappointed if it takes the form of small, seemingly useless deeds.

Storytime:

It was four in the morning, 'bout this time last year, maybe January. I still did drugs. It was four in the morning, me and my Mexican buddy Virus (Andres, pron: Bee-rus) were still up doing things we shouldn't be. A noise echoes through my appartment from the hall. It is a young woman, sounding distressed.
Knowing my landlord would take any excuse to boot me out, really just to save my own ass, i rushed into the hall.
"Paul, Anne-Marie?" The woman kept yelling
"Um, miss? Do you need help?" I asked. She was jacked up higher than a prom dress in June, and covered in bracelets, a dumb trucker hat, and sunglasses.Might i remind you it was 4:00 Am, and the middle of real (Canadian) winter.
"Yes. I'm looking for my dad, i know he lives on this street, but i can't remember what appartment."
"Would you like to use my phone? Come in for a minute?"
She came in, ended up dragging me all over the city in her car, we picked up her boyfriend, who was less than impressed. She eventually left. Virus said "Oh, she was just looking for drugs." I got mad.
That woman is now my wife. In the ensuing year, we have gone through more than i could possibly hope to bore you with here, but suffice it to say, she needed someone prepared to help her with some very serious self-confidence issues, among other things.
I couldn't ask for a better wife. And all i really did was open a door, and listen. The rest presented itself as if on a platter. Her past is just that, life is moving foreward.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #37
Banned.

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean, and what you mean is exactly what I fear... But I can't let my fear hold me back, ya know? Here this quote says it all:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. You playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to dos the same. As we a liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."----Nelson Mandela, 1994 Inaugural Speech (Taken from Alex Grey's Transfigurations)
Thank you.

Ya know, 25 years in prison, and he could only stand his mad wife for 6 months...?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #38

I read this quote consciously (for I think I read it before this, but never attaining such significance to it) for the first time the night I first ingested LSD. My dear friend, my cousin, pointed it out to me as I had come back from reading online about the trip I was soon going to experience (I started researching to pass the time during the onset). I had read Albert Hoffman's description of LSD, in that it's not a drug that takes control of the person under it's influence, but rather puts him/her into a dream like trance where his/her perceptions are altered due to his/he perspective. How the person on the drug thinks or feels about what they're observing in turn alters how they're viewing it, thus visual hallucinations. It's like the 4th dimension where whatever you think automatically takes form. Anyway, I had come back after reading that, comforted by Dr. Hoffman's words, to my cousin reading from my Alex Grey book Transfigurations. He then showed me that quote by Nelson Mandela, and as I shared my insights from reading online, comforting him further, and he shared the quote with me, even further comforting me, it made for truely one of the most incredable exeperiences I've ever expereienced.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:33 AM   #39

??? I guess I'm not all to familiar with Mr. Mandela's history...
Old 03-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #40
Banned.

I really want to take acid lately. Mandela had a mad wife.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: