opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 03-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
What do you know..?

Isn't it funny how (nearly) everybody has to think they're right? If anything begins to contradict their knowledge they choose to fight. Alright... Now dub me "Hypocrates", go right ahead, predispose my "destiny", ALL MIGHTY ONE, He. But imagine this, perhaps this paradox herein exists something more than first perceived. For as many perceivers there are, there is an alternative to conceive.
And because irony wrinkles time, these words design, they fabricate a little black hole in the back of your mind. But it isn't until you're sucked in that you find: YOU ARE THE LIGHT.
So glow so iridescently, sparkling and shining, but know to know but one thing, know that you know nothing.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: What do you know..?

I noticed no replies on this one. And i find it odd because this really appeals to me. Of all the posts that i've read, this one speaks from an open mind and to me is true art. What do we know? People so often refuse such questions because of their polluted and biased views. All we (as the simple yet complex beings that we are) can do is ask questions and wonder about our own reality. ...And for as many conceivers there are, there is an alternative to perceive.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #3

Thank you for the support, no response... I really like this piece too, in fact, I wrote it with a Socrates quote in mind: "I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance". This is a fun, pretty simple piece that hopefully gets people to question their own existence, or at least that's what I hoped in writing it. :)
Old 03-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

The Pot came on when i started reading this.

Do you know of the ego?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #5
Banned.

Starve the bastard. Rob his principles, send him out to the desert.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #6

Ahh... so is that who you sent off without dessert?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #7
Banned.

Yessir, i did sir. My Ego. And it has started to be reaplaced by a reflection of the love i have for my wife over all things. Instead of eating something because i think i need it, i eat it because i must, on a routine. Without the need for His reminder.
I now appreciate the food, it's life, and, in a sense, justify it.
What a time to be alive.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #8
Banned.

Bincount™: 2

You are so right.
People suck.
That is why art is so important. We need to ask these questions.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
Banned.

A wonderful friend who happens to have to live in Mexico once quoted Alejandro Jodorowsky on my fridge wit ha permanent marker, "If art doesn't serbe to heal, is not art."

His grammar and spelling are ultimo Castillano, but he's a fucking genius.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #10

Exactly... :) I've been coming to terms with something though, but I'll transfer this over to your thread, jevons, the poetic piece where you sent off your friend to the desert ;)
Old 03-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #11
Banned.

So, i wait, and wait, and...
Old 03-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #12

sorry, busy responding to everything else, I'll go there now.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
Yessir, i did sir. My Ego. And it has started to be reaplaced by a reflection of the love i have for my wife over all things. Instead of eating something because i think i need it, i eat it because i must, on a routine. Without the need for His reminder.
I now appreciate the food, it's life, and, in a sense, justify it.
What a time to be alive.
wouldn't you want to send the superego off w/o dessert? the ego is more of a compromise between the superego and the id.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyBjork View Post
wouldn't you want to send the superego off w/o dessert? the ego is more of a compromise between the superego and the id.
Yes, I kinda went into that on another thread that jevons had posted. I explained how the ego is one's sense of self, and that one must have a sense of self to really accomplish anything in this world. One must balance their ego and be conscious of being just a part of everything else, but one still must have a sense of his/her self.

I forget the exact distinctions between the id, ego and superego, though... I should read up on that.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by <8>jF<8> View Post
Yes, I kinda went into that on another thread that jevons had posted. I explained how the ego is one's sense of self, and that one must have a sense of self to really accomplish anything in this world. One must balance their ego and be conscious of being just a part of everything else, but one still must have a sense of his/her self.

I forget the exact distinctions between the id, ego and superego, though... I should read up on that.
yeah we studied freud briefly in my psychology class. the id is fully unconscious and drives things repressed by consciousness (so fucncioning on a basic level); the ego is mostly conscious deals with external reality; and the super ego is partly conscious is the conscience or the internal moral judge

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: