opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 12-14-2002, 01:01 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
An Addiction

I just recently joined this Opinion section of toolshed. I've been in love with the art that is tool for awhile now, and checked updates on t.d.n. for a long time... but I just was a little skeptical of this section. I mean, I read the reviews some people write that are "fans" and I get sick to my stomach sometimes with remorse and sadness and fear that the poor boys of TooL may read what some of those people write and think that their effort is being wasted. And I was so afraid that this Opinion section would be similar... but I came, and I was so wrong. I just want to thank you guys so much... I always wondered if it was just my friends and I are the only people out there that really understand what's going on with TooL, until I found this. And I've become addicted. You people are enlightened, strong, intellegent, articulate (most of the time :) wonderful people, and you all GET IT so well... and I've become addicted. As much as TooL's music inspires my creative juices, this website and your posts are beginning to do likewise. I just love getting on here and reading the at times phylisophical posts of you guys, and it just makes me feel so much better. So really, I just want to thank all of you for being so positive and amaizing. There have been so few posts on here by people that make me sad or sigh, and a ton that have just given me new insight, or helped reinforce ideas and feelings I already had, or just make me laugh at their witiness. So thanks again. Please, keep up the good work...... As much as TooL inspires us, let us show them that we get it, and we can inspire each other.
Lindsay
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 11:50 AM   #2
derriere extraordinaire
(Winner, TTU #1)

Bincount™: 50
i know the feeling... most of the time when i bum around on the internet i feel like i've just wasted my time, but when i leave my computer having just logged out of this forum, i feel invigorated. and it is very, very addictive... i've been on here for just a few days and i'm already level five!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 11:37 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
yeah but this has become a bit of a distraction for me as well. i just spent the past 4 hours punishing my poor eyes at this computer screen. and all i have to show for it is three crappy posts.
i guess i'm just speechless having seen other human beings who have been so moved by this band when in my regular life i have not one acquaintence who can appreciate them.
i am not alone!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: