Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
xyu's Avatar xyu
02-02-2008, 07:58 AM

Danny solo album??? Who comes with that kind of stuff anyway??? Get serious you guys, why would a drummer release a solo album, and where did you first hear that info first anyway? A band called Hangedup (Constellation Records) comes to mind, and they're nothing special really (Violin-Drums duet). Go listen to them "just" to take a hinch how a weird drummer solo project would sound like.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #41
xyu
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: New Album

Danny solo album??? Who comes with that kind of stuff anyway??? Get serious you guys, why would a drummer release a solo album, and where did you first hear that info first anyway? A band called Hangedup (Constellation Records) comes to mind, and they're nothing special really (Violin-Drums duet). Go listen to them "just" to take a hinch how a weird drummer solo project would sound like.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
joblobob's Avatar joblobob
02-04-2008, 10:01 AM

It would sound perfectly good I'm sure since Danny does not only plays drums. He's a good artist making everything he touches to become pure gold.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

It would sound perfectly good I'm sure since Danny does not only plays drums. He's a good artist making everything he touches to become pure gold.
Bloody's Avatar Bloody
02-15-2008, 02:21 PM

nevermind...

Last edited by Bloody; 02-15-2008 at 02:23 PM..
Old 02-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #43
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 76

nevermind...

Last edited by Bloody; 02-15-2008 at 02:23 PM..
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
02-15-2008, 03:02 PM

HEY BLOODY MY MAN

it's me AKA iota.

great to see you posting round here. ;)
Old 02-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #44
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

HEY BLOODY MY MAN

it's me AKA iota.

great to see you posting round here. ;)
Bloody's Avatar Bloody
02-15-2008, 03:23 PM

Oh, hey! How have you been? I thought I'd see what the cool tool kids were doing these days.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #45
Level 8 - Vociferous

Oh, hey! How have you been? I thought I'd see what the cool tool kids were doing these days.
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-15-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON IOTAE View Post
maynard needs to gtfo imo

who should replace him?
Peter Garr--

...oh wait, wrong forum.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:24 PM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 336

Quote:
maynard needs to gtfo imo

who should replace him?
Peter Garr--

...oh wait, wrong forum.
02-15-2008, 03:28 PM

Damo Suzuki. Sure he's over the hill but nobody freaks out like that guy.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #47
Level 8 - Vociferous

02-15-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
nothing like new album news to draw good posters back in

;)
Old 02-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #48
Banned.

Quote:
nothing like new album news to draw good posters back in

;)
Bloody's Avatar Bloody
02-15-2008, 03:31 PM

I am going to cry.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #49
Level 8 - Vociferous

I am going to cry.
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-15-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Heh.

Seriously though? Peter Garrett as Tool's new singer? Here's how you can judge what it would sound like:

Rip the vocals from the most brash, loud, psychotic Midnight Oil song you can find - I suggest Progress or Concrete - and dub them over Viginti Tres. Increase volume until the original tracks which form/ed Viginti Tres are on par with Prison Sex. That's how he'd sing on some of the middle-of-the-road-in-loudness songs - I'd think, anyway. Eulogy? Use the vocals from Return to Sender, which were accomplished by a megaphone on stage...

Maybe not such a good fit as I thought.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Heh.

Seriously though? Peter Garrett as Tool's new singer? Here's how you can judge what it would sound like:

Rip the vocals from the most brash, loud, psychotic Midnight Oil song you can find - I suggest Progress or Concrete - and dub them over Viginti Tres. Increase volume until the original tracks which form/ed Viginti Tres are on par with Prison Sex. That's how he'd sing on some of the middle-of-the-road-in-loudness songs - I'd think, anyway. Eulogy? Use the vocals from Return to Sender, which were accomplished by a megaphone on stage...

Maybe not such a good fit as I thought.
02-15-2008, 03:38 PM

Well, if we are being serious then I don't think Maynard should be replaced at all. Sure he's a cocky, self involved little gremlin man but he adds a great element to tools sound.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #51
Level 8 - Vociferous

Well, if we are being serious then I don't think Maynard should be replaced at all. Sure he's a cocky, self involved little gremlin man but he adds a great element to tools sound.
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-15-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah. I don't think Maynard should be replaced, but if he is to be replaced, they'd better be ready to bring in a good vocalist and an equally top lyricist.

I kind of wish Zappa was still alive, in that respect.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Yeah. I don't think Maynard should be replaced, but if he is to be replaced, they'd better be ready to bring in a good vocalist and an equally top lyricist.

I kind of wish Zappa was still alive, in that respect.
02-15-2008, 04:02 PM

It would definitely be interesting to see how different they would sound with a different vocalist but Frank Zappa on vocals? I dunno. That's about as silly as damo suzuki on vocals. ;)
Old 02-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #53
Level 8 - Vociferous

It would definitely be interesting to see how different they would sound with a different vocalist but Frank Zappa on vocals? I dunno. That's about as silly as damo suzuki on vocals. ;)
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-15-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Well, Uncle Frankie kinda... talked more than sang, you know? For some songs that would work great, and who knows what the shit could come out of it. For Eulogy, take Zappa vocals from your favorite '/ONS song where his voice sounded suitably deep and picture that. Really, I thought Tool and Zappa weren't too far-removed from each other, generally speaking, but maybe you're right, might not work so well. As for other Zappa vocalists? Try to picture Ray White or Ike Willis singing a Tool song and not snort a little in delightful just... like you took five dried grams.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Well, Uncle Frankie kinda... talked more than sang, you know? For some songs that would work great, and who knows what the shit could come out of it. For Eulogy, take Zappa vocals from your favorite '/ONS song where his voice sounded suitably deep and picture that. Really, I thought Tool and Zappa weren't too far-removed from each other, generally speaking, but maybe you're right, might not work so well. As for other Zappa vocalists? Try to picture Ray White or Ike Willis singing a Tool song and not snort a little in delightful just... like you took five dried grams.
02-15-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buthers View Post
What a pussy. Maynard should man up or leave the biz.
This fellow here has some seriously awesome and insightful posts in the past, take this one for example :

"WHO ZE FUCK R U?"

Ahh, that one is clearly amazing , I cant even begin to get into the cryptical messages that lie beneath, ohhh, and here is another fantasmical theory by Buthers :

"who takes a year and a half for a music video? come on"

When referring to the Vicarious video... Yes, When you really really REALLY think about it hard, who DOES really take 1.5 years to make a video??!?!?! only that kooky crazy band tool, and on top of that FIVE freakin years for an album, those crazy kooks ...

Ohh, and this classic philosophical statement :

"fucking polyphonic spree writes better pop songs
battles makes better progressive rock with CRAZY time signatures
thom yorke's worst endeavors contain better lyrics
tool's hokey "light show concerts" could easily be topped but the unadulterated passion of a live band like do make say think
and as far as touching on dark moods, they can't even touch godspeed you! black emperor or nurse with wound
and any band on the planet has less of an ego than tool"

Yeah, Battles, Warp records stunning dive into pop music, along side !!!, clearly more amazing then say ehhh squarepusher , clark , or aphextwin and BOC !.. me gawds this fellow is on to something amazing!!

Clearly he is coming on to tool forums to let us all know how much we SUCK for listening to tool! He is the messiah trying to save us! IF only we would see the sack of shit for what he is!!!

Ok ok, enough of me being a lame piece of shit just like him, (and by HIM I do of course mean Buthers, but I should not speak the name of the one) but as a last quote from da master of da artz (this one sums up where all these posts come from) :

" Weed should be legal because it gives me deep thoughts."

Yes, and with deep thoughts like those I totally agree, now on to smokin a bowl and finding the truth behind these words...

Last edited by domer88; 02-15-2008 at 05:57 PM..
Old 02-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by buthers View Post
What a pussy. Maynard should man up or leave the biz.
This fellow here has some seriously awesome and insightful posts in the past, take this one for example :

"WHO ZE FUCK R U?"

Ahh, that one is clearly amazing , I cant even begin to get into the cryptical messages that lie beneath, ohhh, and here is another fantasmical theory by Buthers :

"who takes a year and a half for a music video? come on"

When referring to the Vicarious video... Yes, When you really really REALLY think about it hard, who DOES really take 1.5 years to make a video??!?!?! only that kooky crazy band tool, and on top of that FIVE freakin years for an album, those crazy kooks ...

Ohh, and this classic philosophical statement :

"fucking polyphonic spree writes better pop songs
battles makes better progressive rock with CRAZY time signatures
thom yorke's worst endeavors contain better lyrics
tool's hokey "light show concerts" could easily be topped but the unadulterated passion of a live band like do make say think
and as far as touching on dark moods, they can't even touch godspeed you! black emperor or nurse with wound
and any band on the planet has less of an ego than tool"

Yeah, Battles, Warp records stunning dive into pop music, along side !!!, clearly more amazing then say ehhh squarepusher , clark , or aphextwin and BOC !.. me gawds this fellow is on to something amazing!!

Clearly he is coming on to tool forums to let us all know how much we SUCK for listening to tool! He is the messiah trying to save us! IF only we would see the sack of shit for what he is!!!

Ok ok, enough of me being a lame piece of shit just like him, (and by HIM I do of course mean Buthers, but I should not speak the name of the one) but as a last quote from da master of da artz (this one sums up where all these posts come from) :

Yes, and with deep thoughts like those I totally agree, now on to smokin a bowl and finding the truth behind these words...

Last edited by domer88; 02-15-2008 at 05:57 PM..
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-15-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domer88 View Post

Ok ok, enough of me being a lame piece of shit just like hi, (and by HIM I do of course mean Buthers, but I should not speak the name of the one) but as a last quote from da master of da artz (this one sums up where all these posts come from) :

...God, that was classic. I don't know which was more ridiculous - the quotes or the rest of the content.

As for BOC - they're self-parodic to ludicrousness. Their lyrics at times are so overwrought that they should be Spinal Tap songs. Come on - "A mirror/ is a negative space with a frame"? Christ. And E.T.I.? I thought Grace Slick was on acid... BOC is the kind of band you'd expec tot come up with Motorhead's "Bomber" lighting thing...
Old 02-15-2008, 06:03 PM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Ok ok, enough of me being a lame piece of shit just like hi, (and by HIM I do of course mean Buthers, but I should not speak the name of the one) but as a last quote from da master of da artz (this one sums up where all these posts come from) :

...God, that was classic. I don't know which was more ridiculous - the quotes or the rest of the content.

As for BOC - they're self-parodic to ludicrousness. Their lyrics at times are so overwrought that they should be Spinal Tap songs. Come on - "A mirror/ is a negative space with a frame"? Christ. And E.T.I.? I thought Grace Slick was on acid... BOC is the kind of band you'd expec tot come up with Motorhead's "Bomber" lighting thing...
02-15-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schema View Post

I was not ware that BOC even had lyrics (boards of canada??), sometimes they sample people counting, but Im pretty sure the two dudes in it dont sing at all, just nice dreamscapey type music, it took along time to grow on me , but I do like the term self-parodic to ludicrousness :)
Old 02-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #57

Quote:

I was not ware that BOC even had lyrics (boards of canada??), sometimes they sample people counting, but Im pretty sure the two dudes in it dont sing at all, just nice dreamscapey type music, it took along time to grow on me , but I do like the term self-parodic to ludicrousness :)
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
OH. Must have been the wrong BOC. I meant Blue Oyster Cult. They are, indeed, self-parodic to ludicrousness. I'm a fairly big fan - if lyrics are needed, I can provide them. Everyone knows "(Don't Fear) the Reaper" and "Burnin' for You" but, shit, they have some solid gold deep in their lyrics...

But, if there's another BOC? Can't say I've heard of them. Wikipedia links (if available!) would be THA SHIZZ, mate.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
OH. Must have been the wrong BOC. I meant Blue Oyster Cult. They are, indeed, self-parodic to ludicrousness. I'm a fairly big fan - if lyrics are needed, I can provide them. Everyone knows "(Don't Fear) the Reaper" and "Burnin' for You" but, shit, they have some solid gold deep in their lyrics...

But, if there's another BOC? Can't say I've heard of them. Wikipedia links (if available!) would be THA SHIZZ, mate.
domer88's Avatar domer88
02-15-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
OH. Must have been the wrong BOC. I meant Blue Oyster Cult. They are, indeed, self-parodic to ludicrousness.

http://www.boardsofcanada.com/

thats the website, they are pretty popular in the electronica/donwtempo circut, I am sure there is a few pages out there about them but thats the main one, I hope you enjoy but even if you dont, the webpage is kinda perty :) And Heck no, not talking about Blue Oyster Cult but now I understand what you ment! If you dont like BOC now maybe try when your in a different mood, It took me awhile to really like it, leme know what you think!

Ok, So I am editing this now to give you this link : http://www.warprecords.com/image.php?id=11830

This is their labels site for the newest LP , the band site above is kinda dry now that I look at it, there is actully some music on the LP link...

And this is kinda a cool site for the guy Clark , http://www.throttleclark.com/bodyriddle/
fun little site with some good electronic tunes

ok, just realized how way off topic this is.. cheers all!!

Last edited by domer88; 02-15-2008 at 06:32 PM..
Old 02-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #59

Quote:
OH. Must have been the wrong BOC. I meant Blue Oyster Cult. They are, indeed, self-parodic to ludicrousness.

thats the website, they are pretty popular in the electronica/donwtempo circut, I am sure there is a few pages out there about them but thats the main one, I hope you enjoy but even if you dont, the webpage is kinda perty :) And Heck no, not talking about Blue Oyster Cult but now I understand what you ment! If you dont like BOC now maybe try when your in a different mood, It took me awhile to really like it, leme know what you think!

Ok, So I am editing this now to give you this link : http://www.warprecords.com/image.php?id=11830

This is their labels site for the newest LP , the band site above is kinda dry now that I look at it, there is actully some music on the LP link...

And this is kinda a cool site for the guy Clark , http://www.throttleclark.com/bodyriddle/
fun little site with some good electronic tunes

ok, just realized how way off topic this is.. cheers all!!

Last edited by domer88; 02-15-2008 at 06:32 PM..
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-15-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Okay, thanks. Sorry, musta been on drugs. I'll have to give them a listen at some point.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Okay, thanks. Sorry, musta been on drugs. I'll have to give them a listen at some point.
02-16-2008, 06:06 PM

So, what do you guys think this album's gonna be called?

I did NOT expect 10kdays to be called 10kdays. The pattern was established. ÆNIMA, Lateralus... both peculiar names. But 10kdays? Unexpected.

Quote:
I am going to cry.
pussy.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #61
Banned.

I did NOT expect 10kdays to be called 10kdays. The pattern was established. ÆNIMA, Lateralus... both peculiar names. But 10kdays? Unexpected.

Quote:
I am going to cry.
pussy.
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-16-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:

pussy.
Well, Undertow wasn't so special a title, was it?
Old 02-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #62
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

pussy.
02-17-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:

Maybe It'll be self titled. Haha. That'll get everybody bitching!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #63
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

02-17-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
no.

Quote:
ah yes. this is prob where I'd place my money.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #64
Banned.

Quote:
no.

Quote:
ah yes. this is prob where I'd place my money.
Bloody's Avatar Bloody
02-17-2008, 12:28 PM

What's in an album title anyway? As long as the music is still interesting they can call it whatever they want.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #65
Level 8 - Vociferous

What's in an album title anyway? As long as the music is still interesting they can call it whatever they want.
02-17-2008, 01:54 PM

If the album is great, mediocre, garbage, etc. it's the album title that will remind us all of that.

I guess that's the only importance of an album title...
Old 02-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #66
Banned.

If the album is great, mediocre, garbage, etc. it's the album title that will remind us all of that.

I guess that's the only importance of an album title...
Holly_Ytown
02-18-2008, 07:05 AM

They are gonna start working on a new album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Holly_Ytown; 02-18-2008 at 07:15 AM..
Old 02-18-2008, 07:05 AM   #67
Level 1 - Lurker

They are gonna start working on a new album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Holly_Ytown; 02-18-2008 at 07:15 AM..
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-18-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Sudden thought:

"loot" is "tool" spelled backwards. What does this have to do with the album title? I'm not so sure, but whatever. They'll figure something out. And then we'll all be like "...oh. Wait, what?"
Old 02-18-2008, 07:47 AM   #68
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Sudden thought:

"loot" is "tool" spelled backwards. What does this have to do with the album title? I'm not so sure, but whatever. They'll figure something out. And then we'll all be like "...oh. Wait, what?"
02-18-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Sudden thought:

Loot, haha, i noticed that when i was wearin my tool shirt ae, lol, but that would make an okay album title for the album and as for people wanting maynard retire before another of the band members die, i wouldnt want that to happen as, well, maynard is the king with his lyrical whatsamits, uhh, dont no what word to put there, but you should get the picture, tool wouldnt bhe tool without maynard,

and, well, this new album must be a good one as tool is a brilliant band, legendary in my case, lol, but this album is a must wait for me,
Old 02-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #69
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Sudden thought:

Loot, haha, i noticed that when i was wearin my tool shirt ae, lol, but that would make an okay album title for the album and as for people wanting maynard retire before another of the band members die, i wouldnt want that to happen as, well, maynard is the king with his lyrical whatsamits, uhh, dont no what word to put there, but you should get the picture, tool wouldnt bhe tool without maynard,

and, well, this new album must be a good one as tool is a brilliant band, legendary in my case, lol, but this album is a must wait for me,
02-18-2008, 03:25 PM

Old 02-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #70
Banned.

irelandish's Avatar irelandish
02-18-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
are you calliing me a fool?? ae??
Old 02-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #71
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
are you calliing me a fool?? ae??
02-18-2008, 03:34 PM

tool is.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #72
Banned.

tool is.
irelandish's Avatar irelandish
02-18-2008, 04:11 PM

if you think so, everyones entitled to there own opinion,
Old 02-18-2008, 04:11 PM   #73
Level 3 - Talker

if you think so, everyones entitled to there own opinion,
Master_Of_Nothing
02-26-2008, 09:43 PM

I'd love to see a song dedicated to the band itself ( akin to wings 1 and 2 ), they could make a truly epic 15 min song lol.

As for album names, well, self titled would be alright but unlikely. Something amazing simple like Ænimus would work. Or the fake album title of 10k days lol
Old 02-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #74
On Probation

Bincount™: 189

I'd love to see a song dedicated to the band itself ( akin to wings 1 and 2 ), they could make a truly epic 15 min song lol.

As for album names, well, self titled would be alright but unlikely. Something amazing simple like Ænimus would work. Or the fake album title of 10k days lol
vilemerchant
03-14-2008, 04:15 PM

The working title of the new album is 'Filler'. It's 4 hours long and has 23 tracks but only about 5 actual songs

This is going to be their final practical joke to us all.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #75
Level 4 - Thinker

The working title of the new album is 'Filler'. It's 4 hours long and has 23 tracks but only about 5 actual songs

This is going to be their final practical joke to us all.
Master_Of_Nothing
03-14-2008, 06:51 PM

Nah. I think they'll try their best to avoid fillers on this one. I'm thinking a double cd, with about 20 songs overall, and about 5 filler tracks. Rough guess, but it would be cool. However, Tool doesn't strike me as a double cd album band :(
Old 03-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #76
On Probation

Bincount™: 189

Nah. I think they'll try their best to avoid fillers on this one. I'm thinking a double cd, with about 20 songs overall, and about 5 filler tracks. Rough guess, but it would be cool. However, Tool doesn't strike me as a double cd album band :(
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
03-22-2008, 07:36 AM

There are some things i would like to see BEFORE a new Tool album.

1. The stuff Adam did with Robert Fripp, i want that to be released for god sakes!

2. There is a version of 21st Century Schizoid Man with MAYNARD doing the vocals. I shit you not, Fripp even blogged about it.

http://www.dgmlive.com/diaries.htm?a...r=3&entry=6933
"Jeff Fayman of Immediate Music has sent the latest mix of Schizoid Man (with Maynard Keenan on vocals) on MP3. This is a Beast."

3. A video for The Pot??? It can't be completely out of the question. They obviously (FINALLY) got past the problems with their CG crew for Vicarious.

4. A Live DVD and/or CD?? Although, well.... I mean it would be nice. It wouldnt even have to be a "traditional" DVD (or CD) ... I'm sure Tool could find some fresh, creative way to present a package of this nature. Salival was nice, but there really was no attempt to make the product itself groundbreaking or innovative. Who knows?

5. I think solo stuff from Danny WOULD be interesting.

6. Justin too.

7. And I personally dont mind what Maynard is doing with Puscifer. It's funny. Can't begin to stress how tired I am of short-sighted comments about Puscifer. Some people honestly can't take a joke.

That all being said........ NONE of it will happen. The next album will be released late 2009, or maybe early 2010 and they will tour until 2012. Final show will be in Cancun, Mexico on December 21 as we all cross the Galactic Equator and the Earth's mantle flips-a-bitch.

There I said it.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:36 AM   #77
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

1. The stuff Adam did with Robert Fripp, i want that to be released for god sakes!

2. There is a version of 21st Century Schizoid Man with MAYNARD doing the vocals. I shit you not, Fripp even blogged about it.

"Jeff Fayman of Immediate Music has sent the latest mix of Schizoid Man (with Maynard Keenan on vocals) on MP3. This is a Beast."

3. A video for The Pot??? It can't be completely out of the question. They obviously (FINALLY) got past the problems with their CG crew for Vicarious.

4. A Live DVD and/or CD?? Although, well.... I mean it would be nice. It wouldnt even have to be a "traditional" DVD (or CD) ... I'm sure Tool could find some fresh, creative way to present a package of this nature. Salival was nice, but there really was no attempt to make the product itself groundbreaking or innovative. Who knows?

5. I think solo stuff from Danny WOULD be interesting.

6. Justin too.

7. And I personally dont mind what Maynard is doing with Puscifer. It's funny. Can't begin to stress how tired I am of short-sighted comments about Puscifer. Some people honestly can't take a joke.

That all being said........ NONE of it will happen. The next album will be released late 2009, or maybe early 2010 and they will tour until 2012. Final show will be in Cancun, Mexico on December 21 as we all cross the Galactic Equator and the Earth's mantle flips-a-bitch.

There I said it.
A Tad Bit Catatonic's Avatar A Tad Bit Catatonic
03-22-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post

Holy shit... *drool's with jaw agape*

Quote:

Oh well, Maynard is laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited by A Tad Bit Catatonic; 03-22-2008 at 05:51 PM..
Old 03-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #78
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 61

Quote:

Holy shit... *drool's with jaw agape*

Quote:

Oh well, Maynard is laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited by A Tad Bit Catatonic; 03-22-2008 at 05:51 PM..
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
03-22-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Double CD would be great, but I agree I can't imagine Tool ever going that route. I disagree however about what you call "filler".... Viginiti Tres, Lipan Conjuring, Ions, Mantra, Cesaro Summability, etc etc...are songs...and outstanding ones at that. Something doesn't have to follow your standard clef/measure/time sig yada yada construct to be classified as a song. Ambient is a genre all its own, and Tool dips into it quite well.
Yeah, some of those actually prepare the listener for the upcoming song, imo.
Like an intro i mean. For example "Eon Blue Apocalypse" flows really well into "The Patient".
Old 03-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #79
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Double CD would be great, but I agree I can't imagine Tool ever going that route. I disagree however about what you call "filler".... Viginiti Tres, Lipan Conjuring, Ions, Mantra, Cesaro Summability, etc etc...are songs...and outstanding ones at that. Something doesn't have to follow your standard clef/measure/time sig yada yada construct to be classified as a song. Ambient is a genre all its own, and Tool dips into it quite well.
Yeah, some of those actually prepare the listener for the upcoming song, imo.
Like an intro i mean. For example "Eon Blue Apocalypse" flows really well into "The Patient".
03-22-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
There is a version of 21st Century Schizoid Man with MAYNARD doing the vocals.
Interesting!
Old 03-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #80
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
There is a version of 21st Century Schizoid Man with MAYNARD doing the vocals.
Interesting!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply