opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 09-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/25 - Cleveland, OH - Wolstein Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstring571 View Post
I would like to say that the crowd is not the only problem. How can you have a pit when there are chairs on the floor? It should have been open so we could slam!!!!! There was an old lady with a pretzel on the floor. Are you kidding? I was trying to incite the kids around me to cut the chair straps and toss em out!!!!! I felt like a caged animal in that shitty arena!!!!!!! Couldn't really get into it as I would have liked to. But the band itself was electrifying!!!!!!!!

One of the security guards told me it was the band who didn't want people moshing. I find that hard to believe. If you don't want it, don't play that type of music. But I get the feeling that was just them tryin to pawn the bad blood about it ,off on the band. Pretty fucked up ask me. A request for Maynard? No more fucking arenas!!!!!!!!!!! Speaking for myself I want to mosh!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the reason for going to shows for me!!!!!!!

To echo a comment already in this thread; thank god there was no moshing. I HATE mosh pits; totally distracts from the music. Tool is far more cereberal than your stereotypical numetal show. Not the venue for neanderthalism. If you want that kind of idiocy, go bang your head into a cement wall at a disturbed show.

Overall, I thought the show was spectacular. I had awful seats--section 222, 2nd to top row--but oh well, what can you do. I loved the new synthy intros, and the alterations to songs like stinkfist and schism. Breathed new life into those songs. The wings suite totally kicked my ass. Loved it. If I had to find something to complain about, it would be to the jackass behind me. Thanks for burning the back of my neck with your lighter. Go fuck yourself, you piece of shit. Why dont you just go kill yourself? just kidding.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Me and my friend drove from Tennessee (the bible belt) to see them perform and I say they did not let me down.

I heard the songs I wanted to hear, the performace was awsome and

P.S. we heard them pratice Right In Two before the concert (around 6pm) and a few other songs
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #43
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
Me and my friend drove from Tennessee (the bible belt) to see them perform and I say they did not let me down.

P.S. we heard them pratice Right In Two before the concert (around 6pm) and a few other songs
Hope Cleveland treated you alright Juno, and that the trip was worth it for you. That's quite a haul.

matt
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 11:45 AM   #44
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Who takes their girlfreind to a Tool concert and hugs on her all night???????

not appropriate
Yeah....I brought a good friend of mine with me who got rather excited and emotional,

I would be standing there....than she would maul me all of the sudden....

Anyway....spectacular show....

I was really upset though that they didn't play Right In Two.....

When I had seen they were playing that at other places...I was really excited and hoped we would get the chance to hear it.....

That's my only complaint....

Someone had mentioned how Justin was off in his own world and Adam would look over as if to say "pay attention".....

Unfortunately....that's not how the pecking order of a band works....

Adam should actually be paying attention to Justin....Justin pays attention to Danny....

Obviously...you want the band to operate as a whole....but that's how you have to look at it to get the band to that point....Danny and Justin are the fundamental rythym section....there the ones driving the music.....

Perhaps Adam was only looking to Justin to suggest..."pay attention to Danny".....

Who knows....just an interesting analysis of the inner-workings of a band.....

Also....to discuss the crowd for a moment....

In my opinion....if you REALLY appreciate Tool....after about a half an hour you should barely be able to even stand up straight......If YOU REALLY get into it....you should barely be able to move or talk when it's all said and done.....

Absolutely amazing show....

Amazing....

Last edited by TheScythian; 09-26-2006 at 11:53 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 01:11 PM   #45
Level 1 - Lurker

This is the 3rd time I've seen Tool (the last being the Ænema tour). I was expecting a really tricked out performance like Ænema, but instead got a new subdued, austere white stage (I loved the stage hands in white lab coats). Took me a while to get used to it, but it fit Tool's new more psychedelic, less harsh sound. Lots of Wacky Tobacky where I was standing. I took my wife for the first time, and she isn't much of a Tool fan. She didn't know what to think, and said she was tripping from the music laser / laser light show combination. She didn't think she liked it until she realized she was supposed to trip out on the music.

On the moshing comment. If Tool plays the right setlist (say Hooker with a Penis, Part of Me, et. al.), moshing is way appropriate. However, for last night's setlist, moshing was definitely NOT appropriate. I think this is why the band choose seats on the floor. Moreover, if you don't want to mosh, every concert has assigned seats. Sit there (seriously!), just don't be so closed minded to condemn someone else's ideal concert experience. I honestly thought there was going to be moshing, hence why I purchased seats in the stands.

Highs:
Seeing Tool after almost 6 years. New stage + new sound experience = way different Tool experience. Tool sitting for a 5 min. "let's sit and chat in front of 7,000 people". Pure rock star.

Lows:
Reverend Maynard singing to the fucking wall, and back by the drums. Uhh dude turn around WE'RE OVER HERE! The people directly stage left of him got screwed because they probably couldn't see over the drumset.

Still sinking in:
The set and setlist. As I said, totally not the experience I was expecting, but Tool is nothing if not avant garde. My mind is still debating on what I saw last night. Definitely want to see Tool again.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

Omg, everyone complains about something dont matter what it is, after all this is the internet. as far as maynard in the back. Simple really, Adam and justin up front on the 2 corners jammin out maynard next to danny , directly behind maynard is the screens , Where you get his siloueltte (however its spelled) the effects from that, it adds to the experience, he did have his keyboard which was back there too. But who cares the show was awsome, makes you think of pink floyd alot when there on stage, the heart and soul put in the music + the presentation. during the pot he left out some words so the crowd would sing it , for some reason the crowd wasnt on par. Mainly Many tool fans dont like the new album. Well tool dont care what people think. They jam out and you experience the music, Now as far as the post with a dude and his gf get over it. Nuff said....
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 01:52 PM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

My experience to this show was less than stellar. Nothing to do with anything except a lack of good directions. We drove down from Detroit and missed the first 1/2 of the show. I enjoyed the Palace/Detroit show so much Friday that I called my favorite tool buddy, Tim & his SO Lisa, and convinced them it was worth it. After getting lost we bought 2 good and 1 bogus ticket. Thank the lord for the generous security who took pity on me! We spent the whole second 1/2 of the show stage right, lower bowl, last row. Sounded a lot clearer than the detroit show. After all of that, was it worth it all? Getting home at 4am? Fuck yea it was worth it!

Can't wait for the 2nd leg! I hope they finially play Florida!

I thought the crowd was loud enough and just fine they way they were. Seemed like everyone was into it. It only sucked when they Boo'd Detroit! ;)

Flame me if you want, but Detroit WAS louder.

Last edited by trixie; 09-26-2006 at 01:56 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #48
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by barffyman View Post

p.s. if anyone here has seen them perform Reflection or Third Eye, is it as amazing as i think it would be?

i have seen them perform Third Eye. and, it is MORE amazing than you think it would be. mind-blowing is probably as close of a description as I can give.

i have yet to put on a CD or radio today. i DO NOT want to lose the beautiful sounds still ringing in my ears. how bout anybody else?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #49
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstring571 View Post

One of the security guards told me it was the band who didn't want people moshing. I find that hard to believe. If you don't want it, don't play that type of music. But I get the feeling that was just them tryin to pawn the bad blood about it ,off on the band. Pretty fucked up ask me. A request for Maynard? No more fucking arenas!!!!!!!!!!! Speaking for myself I want to mosh!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the reason for going to shows for me!!!!!!!

No...actually...every time I personally have seen Tool, they have had chairs on the floor. Maybe it has been different for others? I saw APC once, and they did not have chairs...but, some tried to start a pit and Maynard actually stopped the show to tell them to stop, saying something along the lines of being there to hear the music not beat the piss out of each other.

Works for me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 02:36 PM   #50
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11

Yeah, jade. we drove home in silence except for my yapping about the show. Came home to smoke a bowl since we purposefully remained sober for the entire show. I listened to Rush this morning. But I haven't forgot what it felt like last night, i could feel the music coming out of my nostrils and pushing and pulling on my rib cage. No moshing was needed to achieve those sensations. Only TOOL
Old 09-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #51
Level 1 - Lurker

This was the second time seeing Tool live. I have seen A perfect Circle twice as well. There's nothing like a Tool show. Simply the best concerts I have ever attended, and I have attended my share. Iv'e been going to concerts since I was 11 and am now 29. Maynard is the man and shit, but what was up with the dig at Cleveland. "Ok we'll play more, but out of pure pity." Admittedly the crowd was a bit timid at times but come on it's his home town. Well I heard he's actually from some hick town. Now he lives in L.A. and he thinks he's hot shit. I was a little pissed for a minute or two. Also some DJ in Cleveland said a security guard stopped him from texting a buddy at the show because it might piss Maynard off. He sure is a moody little cuss. Either way show absolutely JAMMED. A couple of minor fuck ups but altogether what I have come to expect. The standing O at the end hopefully showed our appreciation.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #52
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

Well of course it was a standing ovation...everyone stood the whole time anyway... :)

I'd have liked to stand for Isis, especially since this tall security guard was in my way, but no such luck, if I didn't want to piss everyone behind me off.

Did anyone see the guy in section 4 (my row) who (apparently) got thrown out for being rowdy and spilling beer on people? They really cracked down on behavior sometimes, although I did appreciate it. Especially when they cleared out everyone who moved up into the aisles, way away from their seats.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

Sometimes there are just not words to explain it. Thank you for last night. Oh yeah...To hell with Detroit and Columbus! I was screaming my nuts off all night.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #54
Level 2 - Poster

This was my seventh Tool show. I used to live in So. Cal so I was hooked ever since Lollapalooza #3. But this was my first show since Aenima tour and I was NOT disappointed. The show experience has changed a lot over the years. Not much moshing at shows these days which is fine by me.

The stage setup and lighting effects were super. I loved the white stage and wall. Is this their standard setup for this tour? I had seen what I thought were recent tour pics with 4 screens/backdrops onstage and was kind of expecting that. But the giant white setup was fabulous.

The sound was awesome from where I sat. I was dead center in the back upper level opposite the stage. Front row at that. I had nothing in my way so the visuals and sounds were crisp and clear. I wouldn't want to sit anywhere else. I also got some great pics.

Aenima fucking rocked the joint. At one point Maynard let the crowd sing the chorus and it was mindblowing to hear the place erupt with the lyrics.
If I had used my head, I would have got tix for Pittsburgh also because I can't wait to see them again.

I would have loved to hear Pushit but hey...I can wait until next time!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #55
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade7 View Post
No...actually...every time I personally have seen Tool, they have had chairs on the floor. Maybe it has been different for others? I saw APC once, and they did not have chairs...but, some tried to start a pit and Maynard actually stopped the show to tell them to stop, saying something along the lines of being there to hear the music not beat the piss out of each other.

Works for me.

Yes they have done this more than once
They dont want you too go there to take your anger out on others

If you want to mosh go to slayer nothing against heavy bands i love the heavy shit too.

But tool wants you to listen to the music that is why they are called tool
A tool for your mind

P.S wheres the pics?
Old 09-26-2006, 05:57 PM   #56
Level 3 - Talker

I was in Floor 4, row 15 which was actually the first row in sec 4. Great show, my first TOOL show although I was with others that have seen more. I was a tiny bit disappointed in the visuals and the two people I was with agreed that the setup for Lateralus was much more intense. Lasers were awesome though. It was hard to see the visuals behind the stage though. The sound was fantastic I thought. Maynard's stage presence was great. Definately one of the best concerts I have been to.

The only other complaint was security I thought. There was tons and tons and I saw people being harassed for the smallest things. Its a rock concert people. I also had a bad seat when it came to that though, right next to where the bleachers hit the floor. I know they are there for out safety, but if I want to take a pic with my phone, or jump around a bit away from my seat, or smoke a cig or a joint....it would be nice to know I would not be harassed. Don't get me wrong, I know that all that stuff was not permitted and they were doing their jobs....but it took away from enjoying the concert as much as I could if you understand what I am saying. I loved the show, but I think it would have been much more enjoyable without the seats on the floor. I know I know, Im a complainer. But I did say it was probably top 2 if not the best performance I have ever seen by 1 band.

Forgot to add that 10,000 days definately was the best song played live at this show. I was kinda disappointed that they took off Sober from the setlist when they returned from Europe because it is one of my favorite songs and this was my first TOOL show. I WOULD NOT trade it for Sober after seeing it now though!

Last edited by Caspah; 09-26-2006 at 06:03 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #57
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihavathirdeye View Post
Who takes their girlfreind to a Tool concert and hugs on her all night???????

not appropriate

Peace out
wonder where u were sitting.....i was in section 7 row 32 seats 12, 11, 10.....the row right in front of me had a guy and girl just hugging and kissing all night, i was like wtf, but whatever....

at the middle of aenima he bolted up the isle towards the stage and left her standing there
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 06:50 PM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

JUST GOT BACK AND FINISHING A BOX OF BEER
DROVE ALL THE WAY FROM PORT STANLEY ONTARIO CANADA
TO SEE THE MOST RIGHTOUS BAND IN THE WORLD!
CLEVELAND ROCKS!
THE SHOW WAS AMAZING
WE SHARED HOTEL TIME WITH THE BAND
THANKS LOVE YOU BONEHEADS
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 07:20 PM   #59
Just chillin

Bincount™: 16

My first tool show, and it was amazing. the lights ad displays were all really awesome, especially with the fog involved (they did amazing stuff with the lasers in the air above the crowd that I bet was best visible from the side).

I just hope somebody recorded it so I can get that as a souvenire (in addition to my way-too-expensive tshirt).
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #60
Level 2 - Poster

As far as everyone complaining about something, it doesn't mean the show wasn't still awesome. I posted earlier about some stuff but it doesn't make the show any less amazing. I am also in a trance and in another world during 10,000 Days and Lateralus.

To address someone's other question about if anyone had seen Third Eye or Reflection, I have not seen Third Eye but I have seen Reflection because they played it at all 4 shows I saw on the Lateralus tour. It was beautiful. I wanted to see Third Eye also though.

I wish they would change up the set list some too. At least one or 2 songs. Take out Schism and put in Opiate!!!

Oh, and I have seen Tool twice where they didn't have seats on the floor, they were on the Lateralus tour. I was on the floor and one of the times they opened with Cold and Ugly, it was sweet. I don't like to be on the floor if there are seats, there is no point, that's why I wasn't disappointed because I think I had close to perfect seats this time. I was on the left side if you are looking from the stage, the section closest to the stage without being completely on the side of it, and I could see everything perfectly, including the floor projections. And some of the lasers were really close to me, that looked cool.

Oh btw, dumbasses need to stop fighting on the message board, this is to post your opinion about the TOOL SHOW. Not to insult and bullshit about meeting up to fight.

Last edited by MalloryKnox; 09-26-2006 at 09:24 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 09:23 PM   #61
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post

I think I saw you. You were right behind me in like section two, two rows back in 12. One of you was wearing a blue shirt, and had long hair. One of you was from Kentucky, right? You talked to me and my girlfriend before the show...asked about an after party...

Did you guys go right back home or did you stay in Cleveland for the night?

Am I right, or are you someone else?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 09:50 PM   #62
Just chillin

How far was the drive from TN? I go to Miami of Ohio (oxford Ohio, by indiana) and I had a 4-5 hour drive.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-26-2006, 10:41 PM   #63
Level 2 - Poster

To address an earlier post, I was on the left of danny and the drum set didn't block Maynard. I could see him perfectly the whole time. I was in the section not directly to the side of the stage though, i was in 103. I don't know if the people in 102 had trouble.

Last edited by MalloryKnox; 09-26-2006 at 11:44 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 AM   #64
Just chillin

So, as far as the end of Rosetta Stoned, does anybody know if it was intentionall when they played it the way they did? I understand that somebody either came in late or early (but I don't remember things clearly), but I'm talking about the way that Adam seemed to go back and forth between the two guitar parts. I actually liked that a lot, I thought it sounded cool.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 04:30 AM   #65
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 467

The CSU show for the Lateralus tour had no chairs on the floor. I was on the floor then and it was wide open.

Quote:

Works for me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 04:41 AM   #66
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 467

That definitely looked like a case of the band gettling lost, then just playing the same riff until they figured out how to end the song. You could see Adam looking back at Danny. I can just imagine him thinking: "OK...how do we get out of this mess". They made it, though, as I would expect them to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
So, as far as the end of Rosetta Stoned, does anybody know if it was intentionall when they played it the way they did? I understand that somebody either came in late or early (but I don't remember things clearly), but I'm talking about the way that Adam seemed to go back and forth between the two guitar parts. I actually liked that a lot, I thought it sounded cool.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 06:00 AM   #67
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
So, as far as the end of Rosetta Stoned, does anybody know if it was intentionall when they played it the way they did? I understand that somebody either came in late or early
Instead of waiting until after "shit the bed" and then coming in, the music started too early into the next part, so Maynard finished the vocals anyway, but you could tell it was a mistake. I think that was the part when he was supposed to scream (towards the end) but couldn't because he finished the lines and by then it was too late because they were past that part.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 09:16 AM   #68
Level 1 - Lurker

Was in 8th row, dead center.. First TOOL show since 2001, and before that, 1996.
Everything I wanted and more.

Regarding: Hugging your girlfriend the whole time at a TOOL show..

Maybe she lets him put it in her butt.. I'd be hugging her constantly, too.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 09:19 AM   #69
Level 1 - Lurker

i took some pictures with my cell phone from 8th row.. quality wasn't great, but you get the idea..

i threw them up on myspace... http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=439 85322

i figured out that my new cell phone has a video camera right around aenema, so i took some video (MUCH MUCH better than those stinky pics) but haven't gotten around to doing anything with them.

other than watching while i masturbate.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 09:32 AM   #70
Level 1 - Lurker

some friends and i drove from cincinnati and arrived around 4 pm and proceeded to tailgate. for anyone that noticed, i was the guy wearing the orange bengals chad johnson jersey. i asked my friends how long they thought it would take before someone yelled at me...and i swear to god 3 seconds later a school bus pulls up and some 12 year old kid sticks his head out and yells, "hey take off the shirt you bitch-ass ho!" that was fuckin hilarious. but besides that no one said anything :)

i thought it was a tremendous concert. the only mess-up i noticed was the definite mis-timing in rosetta stoned. but that's hardly anything compared to the overwhelming power from the rest of the show. we were in section 106, most people around us were pretty cool...in reference to all the previous posts about the crowd...except for a couple of dumb bitches behind me who kept yelling to their friends how "fucked up," they were during wings and 10k days. but besides that everyone was cool. i even met a couple guys in the beer line who were tool virgins and had been waiting 10 years to see them live. i told them the wait would be well worth it and the only spoiler i gave them was stinkfist to open the show.

it was really cool when justin couldn't get his lighter to work, so he went to the side stage and brought back two that did. the band and crowd seemed to really get into it at this point - danny waiving his towel and all. everyone yelled when maynard said detroit was louder, but went they went apeshit when he said columbus was even louder. i would have to agree...columbus was louder.

great show, hope they come to cincy on the the next tour! WHO-DEY!

-casey
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #71
Level 1 - Lurker

OK so two days later and I am still recovering from my first ever Tool show!!
Words cannot explain the emotions I felt as I saw Maynard walk out on that stage! And as everyone can agree... they did not let me down!! I cannot belive I waited this long to actually get to a Tool show!! The stage setup was awesome!! I have never seen screens and a floor like that!! They opened and closed with my two fave songs (who could ask for more!!) and all I can say is I was no where near wrong in making Tool my very first BIG concert. There music has helped me through so much BS in my life and now I can actually say I FELT every possible emotion/note/cord/beat in two+ hours. My eyes never left that stage.

Thank you Tool... for more than I could ever imagine. THANK YOU!!

*Counting down the days until they come my way again. I will never mmiss another Tool concert in my life!!)*
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 10:35 AM   #72
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
wow. that's all there is to it.

was a little disappointed in the crowd...seems that not too many people were really gettin into the songs, i'm sure people around me thought i was nuts since they were sittin there like stumps.

but, of course, tool was...well, tool. god help us if they stop making music, ever. i'm lost in a fog at the experience.

Wings for Marie? 10,000 Days? No words to describe how incredible that was.

As for every other song...damn. Keep it comin. I did NOT want this concert to end.

Hard to hear some of the more intricate parts to the songs...balance of sounds seemed off. But who am i to complain?

Thank you, Tool. Come back soon.
I was upper deck 221 row c And my hubby,a couple behind us 3 seats ove r,the guy next to me were the only ones into it!!
Some chic right behind me was like "are your legs tired yet?"
WHAT THE F***K ?!?! All I said was "Hell no...does your ass hurt you?"
Can you believe it? she sat throught he whole show complaining about how loud it was and how she could not see!! My hubby told her man " Dude next time leave ur beotch at home!!" He was in total agreement "Blind date from Hell!!" was all he said!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #73
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaps View Post
SETLIST --

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
I was there and words can't really describe the myraid of emotions of seeing tool for the first time. It definitely will not be the last!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #74
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrefreak View Post
P.S wheres the pics?
Ask and ye shall receive! Unfortunately they are posted backwards so if you want true beginning to end then you have to start from the bottom. Enjoy!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4745.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4743.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4740.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4739.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4738.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4736.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4732.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4731.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4730.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4729.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4728.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4727.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4725.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4723.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4722.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4721.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4720.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4718.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4714.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4713.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4712.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4711.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4710.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4709.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4708.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4707.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4705.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4703.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4702.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4701.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4700.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4699.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4697.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4696.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4694.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4693.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4692.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4691.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4690.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4689.jpg

Last edited by Third_BuckEye; 09-27-2006 at 02:32 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #75
Level 2 - Poster

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4684.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4683.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4681.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4679.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4678.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4677.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4676.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4675.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4674.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4673.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4672.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4670.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4667.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4665.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4663.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4662.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4661.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4659.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4658.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4657.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4656.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4655.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4654.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4653.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4651.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4650.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4649.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4648.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4645.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4644.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4643.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4640.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4637.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4636.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4633.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4624.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4620.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4618.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4617.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4616.jpg
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #76
Level 2 - Poster

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4614.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4612.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4609.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4604.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...6/DSCF4601.jpg

Here's a little teaser clip of the last couple seconds of Aenema. I had very little space left on my xD card so this was all there was room for. *note to self - Get a bigger fucking storage card idiot*

http://stashbox.org/474/DSCF4747.AVI

Last edited by Third_BuckEye; 09-27-2006 at 02:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 02:48 PM   #77
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11

Thanks Third_BuckEye! Awesome job with the pictures!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #78
Level 1 - Lurker

First time seeing TooL, been a fan since 2000 when I first heard them. Seeing them was kind of a religious experience for me, I have an emotional connection with their music unlike any other.

I came out of that place elated, unfortunately my car was broken into, lost a cd player, all my tool cds(only things in that case that mattered), my backpack, a double bass pedal that was in my trunk(forgot about it) and got lost trying to get to my sister's place afterwards.

But I still got to see tool.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #79
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddm View Post
Maynard says .... COME ON PEOPLE!!! THIS IS TOOL...and that's ALL the louder you could scream???
What a buzzkill. MJK did that last time around when I saw them in Boston and it bummed me out instantly. The last thing you want, as an audience member, is to feel that the band you idolize somehow is disappointed in you. TONS of negative energy. MJK, I love your music, but why be such an ass to us, your fans?

As for moshing, some bands (They Might be Giants) actually refuse to play if they see people doing it. TooL doesn't do that, so it's second-guessing to say whether they're happy or unhappy wityh people moshing, right? As I see it, some people (like me) prefer to spend much of the concert sitting quietly, semi-meditating, and absorbing every sensation as deeply as possible. Other prefer to throw their entire physical self into the sound, and joing a collective mosh-organism. As long as the latter people respect the space of the former, I personally don't give a fuck what people do. Just respect me enough not to smash into me as I stand respectfully at my char.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #80
Level 2 - Poster

Those pictures are fucking sweet. Esp the ones from during Jambi, with the fire backgrounds. =)

Last edited by MalloryKnox; 09-27-2006 at 06:18 PM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: